Overwatch

This has to be one of the most generic character designs, especially for a game like Overwatch. What the fuck were they thinking?
I bet the concept art looks far better as usual

Attached: baptiste.jpg (600x337, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1100202509396791297
youtube.com/watch?v=x1ct8Ok22h0
youtube.com/watch?v=O_J9TV9_gcA
youtu.be/j6eK8qRLRFM?t=208
youtube.com/watch?v=fTKBa3VERvw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thots?

Attached: isdjiz2nrjcencbl3zde.jpg (1200x1014, 149K)

>still no black woman
t-thanks

Is this the new 76?

Glad they can replace those shitlord white guys with a based man of color. Blizzard will be saved by this change.

So that's a gun right? Like one that shoots bullets right? They didn't design techno demoman and call it a day right?

I thought that was some weird soldier 76 skin for a second

Attached: 1518582526708.jpg (500x386, 94K)

nope, he's a healslut

He's a support

>they even gave him an eye visor

Holy shit

he actually does look like a faggot techno demoman

Soldier 77

>that hair

Yikes.

Meanwhile...in Paladins.

Attached: 40142724013_b28df71759_h.jpg (1600x900, 818K)

This nigga looks like a quest giving npc you'd see in a starting area in a f2p scifi themed mmo.

twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1100202509396791297

check the comments. no one is hyped.

did cliffy b co-create this character?

Fuck, you're not wrong.
I wonder why they even bother hiring artists when they throw away all their art and make characters as generic as possible
also where the FUCK is Mama Hong?

>still no evil omnic

Attached: Hansem Zen.jpg (2418x2418, 836K)

>nigga junkrat
kek. He also does look very similar to pic related

Attached: baptiste2.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

How can someone be so plain?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p014 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.33M)

clify bazinga got a job at blizzard

>show new hero in cinematic
>release different hero instead

Attached: 1538060406379.png (540x482, 190K)

They didn't even try

Attached: 400px-Community_Demo_Strategy_Header.png (400x371, 144K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p015 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.29M)

Jesus christ, put a helmet or something on this guy. We already got a Lean-Man-With-Visor... twice.

You can tell the original Overwatch team has left the project to work on something else

2 teams make a Black support character, one comes up with the mostly original & iconic Lucio with inspiration from Jet Set Radio, another team makes a blatantly generic soldier that draws inspiration from Fortnite & for some reason a little bit of Dragon Ball Z, it seems the latter team is some young normie interns who think Fortnite is the coolest shit ever, what a sad state of affairs

Attached: frh45.jpg (765x540, 33K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p016 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.68M)

Aren't all heroes in Overwatch super boring looking with their base skin so that you feel more compelled to buy the cool looking skins?

I bet they were told to tone it way down and make the vanilla skin look as basic as possible.

You're right. In fact it's remarkable how much better he would immediately be if he had some cool sci fi helmet.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p017 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.69M)

Probably this. I'm sure there's some skin that makes him look less like shit.

Attached: Sweaty Scientist.jpg (791x1024, 63K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p018 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.58M)

A shame it's led by a bunch of incompetent fucking baffoons who can't code to save their lives

B-BUT HE'S BLACK THAT'S A PERSONALITY

Why do they even bother hiring all those concept artists if they just end up choosing the most bland and pc design imaginable

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p019 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.69M)

Looks like some shit from fortnite

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ASIAN MOM WITH THE CLEAVER

Attached: 50699355_140117130343585_5137123115543247792_n.jpg (1080x1332, 84K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p020 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.4M)

"Jeff! Overwatch is dying what do we do!?"
"MORE MINORITIES! PANDER PANDER PANDER!!!!!!!!!!"

Looks like someone couldn't decide if this was a Warham 40K space marine or a Warham fantasy knight and decided to just do both.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p021 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.6M)

But then you wouldn't be able to identify with his groid face.

I actually thought this was a character from Apex Legends when I first saw it

Mama Hong is too racist

Attached: 94CAAD9D-6F4A-43E8-B335-B6C1555CB6BB-8525-00000D1D0CD15A90.gif (500x290, 70K)

>Old team come up with pic related
>New team design this new abomination

Attached: hero.jpg (555x710, 78K)

That looks 100% straight out of WoW minus the gun

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p022 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.58M)

better than the mercy we have

>ANOTHER support
This game is trying to be nothing but healers

>majority of Overwatch playerbase are white males, as are the majority of gamers as a whole
>not a single new hero since Overwatch's launch has been a white male

Kinda throws out the whole "it's about representation" argument, doesn't it

Attached: 54000249.jpg (600x375, 36K)

He has a voice doesn't he
She's a plus size WOC, she by definition cannot be racist. In case you haven't noticed, SJWs literally care more about seeing minorities than the minorities themselves being authentic personalities

>white males
>community is the most toxic
Sounds about right

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p023 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.61M)

Which is ironic because nobody plays them

majority of the overwatch playerbase are woke redditors though, just take once glance at their forums and you'll see. They're all for diversity and fag shit

Is that a grenade launcher

Is he a demoman

Fuck activision blizzard

I would literally bet $1000 that someone at Blizzard saw the Broly movie & suggested they put the Scouter on this dude, because we have never seen scouters like that before in OW & it honestly doesn't fit with his design

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p024 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.74M)

So basically...he stands like Soldier 76, he wears McCree's scarf, he has Junkrat's weapon, wears Genji's armor and is a token person of color and/or ethnicity like half the cast is?

Shit nigga that is lazy.

He's also just the TF2 Demoman

>The most represented group in the game is still white males

WHY DIDN'T WE GET THIS GUY

HE LOOKS INFINITELY MORE INTERESTING THAN THE CHARACTER ABOVE FROM THE FACE ALONE. I CAN SEE CYBERNETICS ALL OVER WHAT IS PRESUMABLY A MECHANICAL FACE, HIS HAIR LOOKS VERY INTERESTING, THAT SHARP PIERCING GAZE WITH BLUE EYES, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS SUPERIOR TO THAT GENERIC PILE OF GARBAGE IN THE OP.

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD

There are literally no white male healers.
There are three white women, two black men, a robot and an arab woman.

Jeff overwatch is dying what do we do?!

"the only thing we know how to do! Quick get out the Nerf and buff darts!"
>Randomly tosses horseshit at dart board, uses this to balance game

Fucking Christ my dick

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p025 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.39M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p026 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.41M)

>bird poop on the robot
I like this design way more than what we got

oh boy, is this going to be another healing/damage hybrid character you don't have to aim with? 'cause the last two they added definitely changed the game for the better

Attached: 1517484452939.png (662x800, 267K)

of course no one is hyped, i's not a new over watch girl where artist can make out of proportion fan art in 20 minutes and get patroen donations.

Theres plenty of characters with visors that probably have HUD elements, i dont see how it's out of place in the "world", but my main gripe is that collar, its not wrapped around so why does it have the weird square section hanging off.

Yeah, there's something kinda anime about this dude. Would love an edgelord healer.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p028 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.04M)

>Game actually aims for a diverse roster of characters from all potential races, creeds, and species that are relevant in the story
>Captures characters from countries all over the world
>All that /pol/ddit can complain about is a lack of Whiteâ„¢ males when the majority of whites in the game are male, and the majority ethnic groups represented are white

It really is day after day with you cockroaches, isn't it?

Attached: 1315253970745.jpg (325x436, 17K)

>seething mercy cuck

You're retarded

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

you are subhuman and have no rights

Outrage marking is booming user, you'd be an idiot to not miss out.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p029 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.68M)

Quite literally every alternative design looks better than the actual design they chose. I'm glad Jeff has a great bead on decision-making.

>another nigger
reminder there has been ZERO white males added since release

I feel like the appeal of the TF2 is that it's clearly a homage to old 50's and 60's art deco with it's bold use of colors and uniform shapes. It's familiar and unique at the same time.

Meanwhile Overwatch is a homage to... the child rapist infested modern hollywood and current politically 'woke' trends? I understand the appeal but following trends just makes your artstyle get old 1000% faster than normal. TF2 still looks good today, overwatch is already starting to look old and out of date.

Attached: studio-grafiikka.jpg (669x900, 120K)

It looks more like a near-future safety vest equivalent.

Attached: VVBOUEy.png (1920x951, 1.54M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p030 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.33M)

>what if we take S76, McCree, Junkrat, and a nigger, and mash them all into one

Objectively better than Baptiste
>sleek body
>white hair to contrast with black skin, helps to give a heavenly aura
>Cool halo behind head
>Mix of clean white chest and more bulky, technical lower body indicates combat-medic clearly

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p031 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.13M)

He's basically Bishop from the X-Men, but he's coming back in time to kick EVERYONE's ass for dooming the future:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1ct8Ok22h0

The ammo looks like some green gas

That makes more sense, just looks off from that view in the OP pic.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p032 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.3M)

>twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1100202509396791297
Jesus, there is nothing distinctive abotu Baptiste at all.
Fucking A, how do you make a character who fails to communicate the gist this badly. At least Moira was distinctive looking

Here at blizzard we are committed to a policy of anti-whitness.
Whitness is wrong and one of the greatest injustices of the 21st century. Hate has no place in our games.
We are committed to bringing this view worldwide. Our character Dva who is representative of our Korean fanbase is in a relationship with Lucio who is reprsentative of our Brazilian playerbase.
Thats diversity. Thats Overwatch.
In the future we have half a dozen gay and black characters to add to the game.
We are extremely excited about that.

why do all of the characters wear thin metal shoes

does this game take place in the Star Fox universe?

>could have had a cool omnic tank
>we get a hamster
>could have had a cool omnic support
>get gay demoman

They've just completely run out of ideas, huh? How the fuck are they expecting to squeeze 20 more heroes out of this garbage?

>egyptian grandma
>cowgirl woman
>robot
>paladin girl
>korean girl
>black male
>asian ninja
>asian archer
>aussie but with charred face so he looks darker
>black guy
>white male cowboy
>asian girl
>angel lady
>androgynous moira
>black woman robot
>egyptian/native american woman
>hispanic man
>white male but completely armored
>white male but is fat and disgusting, plus has his face covered
>gay white male
>hispanic girl
>poo lady
>white male dwarf
>gay tracer
>blueberry
>gorilla
>hamster
>bulldyke russian
>robot monk
there is no regular looking straight white male in overwatch besides mccree. What kind of diversity is this?

it's symmetra's curry braps

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p033 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.58M)

Only 6 white guys to choose from in this first person POV shooter! How cruel! What will you do, user?

>black man with one eye covered that fires rounds from a cylinder grenade launcher

Attached: The Demoman.png (1023x1366, 1.92M)

His silhouette looks like 76 kinda.

Attached: Sweaty Mei.png (722x1000, 562K)

What was the white male character quota they were supposed to hit?

I'm pretty sure he's mostly cyborg, I don't know how much though

Any character that Overwatch didn't steal and Disneyfy from Anarchy Reigns's design theory is completely devoid of memorable traits.

Attached: file.png (1697x685, 1.58M)

>>white male but is fat and disgusting, plus has his face covered

roadhog is polynesian

>It's a black man and not a woman

twitter butthurt is gonna be good.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p034 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.62M)

And McCree is barely white

Attached: 1532367852683.jpg (499x375, 47K)

I don't know user, looks pretty diverse

he looks cool though

I want to impregnate her

>besides
>Long list of one-ofs and demanding multiples of the same archetype
>Complaining about diversity when you explicitly want less diversity and more straight white christian natsoc enlightened males instead of "Anything else"

Damn straight! Shame so many hats break the style but damn I love the period its set in. It's not some modern shooter or an all WW2 nazi fighter game. Love the lines that are a direct call to the time the game is set in as well, hatred for Heavy hailing from Russia, characters and him cracking jokes about communism. Medic coming from a recently Hitler run Germany, "Herr Doctor" God its the perfect time period for such a game.

Attached: evil_demoman_2.jpg (1240x1748, 1.09M)

Well there isn't a Jack yet

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p035 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.98M)

>non-lethal generic black man designed to be the perfect BLM poster boy and pansexial boyfriend.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p036 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.66M)

Looks pretty diverse to me.
No one thing is over represented. Majority is still whites with white males being the most represented group.

>TF2 still looks good today
If you use a NoHat mod. The particle effects slapped on ugly fucking hats and weapons is really jarring.

Attached: fucking meme.jpg (1000x616, 93K)

this guy just looks like he’s made of recycled, reskinned parts
>s76 posing/rigging
>mccree torso
>blackwatch genji chestplate/arm
>blackwatch reaper goatee
>origin s76 facial expression
>junkrat gun
only unique thing about him is the hair. would forgive it all if he’s fun

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p037 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.23M)

in an email jeff said they have 8 black characters lined up to add.
So they have about 7 more to come.

Suppose it's about time I...rose up!

looks good to me famalams

i can't wait to see the twitch highlights on r/overwatch with the rest of my bros

Attached: 1861251327513.gif (524x399, 53K)

why are you running
you do not know de way

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p038 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.92M)

And that's the issue, isn't it.
They should have made Baptiste a surgeon with a big-ass needle, make him the Jack of Overwatch

Wait, people still play this game?

Not really. They just shitpost and fap to the 34.

>white people
>could have any color of hair
>could have any color of eyes
>could be from a wide range of coutries all with unique cultures

>black people
>brown brown brown brown brown
>which culture you want senpai, the one with the rap, that glorifies drugs and murder, or the one that hasn't invented the wheel yet

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p039 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.64M)

Jack Morrison
>Skintight suit
>Giant emblem on the back to show off who they are
>Visible red goggles (Jack doesn't wear his, 76 does)
>Distinctly red primary weapon
>Outlaw bounty hunter for the sake of a twisted good
>Scraggly short white hair
>Gruff, chip-on-the-shoulder personality
>Both are ex-military supersoldiers

If you change 76's color scheme just a bit all of the obvious similarities start to show themselves off. It's the same as how D.Va is literally Ai-Rin in a very uncreative mech full to the brim with contemporary trendy e-sports tropes, rather than a unique character.

Attached: file.png (663x1024, 1.1M)

even if they're just mad max ripoffs, junkrat and roadhog are the only good things that came out of overwatch

Kotick is going to cut the OW team by the end of 2019, so yeah

Yeah but the difference is is that 76 already exists.
This is like if they gave us a Mercy-reskin, but instead they deal damage. That's not good character design.
Baptiste should have just been a Pucci reference and literally been some sort of mix priest-surgeon

Attached: Pucci_ASB.jpg (320x320, 23K)

blizz made the nig look like a dbz char because that's the only anime they know

I finally stopped after last years Halloween event.

Attached: Sweaty Mei01.jpg (900x1000, 148K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p040 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.69M)

the one that smokes weed all day and tries to scam tourists

>we went through our old concepts for a character design. A lot of good unused concepts
>we quickly settled on the male mercy idea
>there was a lot of giggle squees in the office and onions milk coming out peoples noses.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p041 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.4M)

THE REAL QUESTION:
What is his/her/other sexual orientation?

>it's just black solider 76

I agree. He needs to be a bit more distinct. Pucci best villain.

Attached: Ice wall coming up.jpg (1024x608, 91K)

>junkrat roadhog and zenyatta
Fixed

>Not letting Junkrat ride a barely functional missile straight into the enemy team, with his angle of choice upon detonation letting him either stick around in the fight or get out quick with the knockback

Weak

Mustached man on the bottom right looks cool. Would be nice seeing him at some point, the rocket concepts are disappointing though.

Guess I can see why they didn't go for this.

Attached: 1549643422113.png (414x499, 454K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p042 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.55M)

not anymore the playerbase is shit, i like playing healers but why bother when a team in a team based game are playing like it's FFA

Well, now I'm depressed over this missed opportunity.

Based

Attached: Peace.jpg (523x760, 48K)

this looks insanely generic honestly

In HoTS, his 2nd ult is literally what you described.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p043 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.87M)

nohat mode is the only real way to experience the game anymore. Can't really blame the original TF2 team for that though, all of those decisions for unusuals came later and from other people.

Why would they make another generic looking soldier this far into the games lifespan

something that ive never ever seen is the complete artwork used for zenyatta when he appears in the kill feed

Attached: QOi0zNP.jpg (1242x1367, 243K)

i can tell you are a jojo fan but they did that woth moira the tranny slut.

Holy shit. I've never played whatever game that is, but I can literally see Reinhardt, Sombra, Doomfist, Mercy, Genji, Junkrat, Roadhog, and if I combine other pieces, more characters show up. How was this never a question that was raised?

>boring male character

They really should just go all the way and make nothing but girls from now on. you JUST KNOW Blizzard knows what everyone wants.

Probably why Baptiste's reception is so lukewarm. Nobody cares about him. literally.

He's probably going to get a super cheezey 80s action movie skin

he's gay

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p044 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.18M)

UNGA

Attached: 1529378165856.png (640x640, 256K)

mccree is white. theres no way hes a native american with his racial traits

>post jojo character from the 6th part
>I CAN TELL YOU LIKE JOJO

Do you get more brain dead?

i want blizzard to shut down

The issue is that, as they're losing player count, they're trying to bring people back with one schtick or another. They're pulling shit just to appease the crowd that still draws fanart.
The last interesting character from a conceptual stance was Moira. Even Hammond felt sort of lolrandom for me given that the kit doesnt feel like it reflects his personality particularly well

Zenyatta concept was much better than what we got desu

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p045 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.34M)

>playing ana
>have some spastic genji diving and flipping all over the place on my team
>they're far away from me and not in line of sight
>they die
>"I need healing!" "I need healing!" "I need healing"
>"wtf wheres our support"

haven't really played since because i can't heal mental retardation

Attached: 1545911492521.jpg (572x621, 104K)

>just making a black character is 'exotic' enough for leftist devs to just push out with no thought or care

>Could have had Pucci as a healer spouting doctrine and hymns throughout the battlefield
>Ultimate ability would be to throw discs at people and copy(or steal?) their ultimate abilities, using their own team comp against them from the back row
>Design would be killer, have those diversity brownie points, and represent the role perfectly
>Instead we got the most generic goddamn sci-fi fuck on the planet

Selling my copy of Overmeme. Not even going to allow myself to start playing again.

Attached: 1315637169314.jpg (447x453, 69K)

Moira had some anime references but she was more just an anime villain/sorceress. Baptiste didnt need to be literally Pucci but the idea of a priest-medic character could be cool

So what's his kit.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p048 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.45M)

Isn't this that I'M TIRED OF SEEING BOOGIE, THAT FAT FUCK nigga?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p049 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.45M)

Nice to see Blizzard finally bowing to Ebin.

Attached: Fortnite Burger.png (512x512, 135K)

>Hey guys come play shooter our game, we have 20+ fun DPS heros to pick from!
>Oh, but if you pick those it'll be extremely hard for you to win against CC and Shields.
>Just play one of our 6 healers or tanks where you don't have to aim and it doesn't even feel like you're playing a shooter to win :)
What were they thinking?

Moiras funny because shes the fu manchu stereotype but they made her irish.

A bit disappointed we didn't get that Lucio at the top. His dreadlocks are more pronounced and that bandana, the belt buckle, and the tattoos make it far more clear that he's actually technically the face of an uprising, rather than just a sci-fi musician.

All this cool concept art makes me extra angry we don't get 'character chapters' where we get to kind of play a day-in-the-life of different characters
>tfw you will never skate around the favela as Lucio JetSetRadio style, playing hockey mini-game with kids
>tfw you will never get to do cool science experiments and fight off Talon mercs as winston, using his electric thing to charge different platforms and objects to lay traps or shields
>tfw you will never play an obstacle race chapter as Tracer like in that one christmas comic
Blizzard is sitting on the biggest pile of wasted potential. They've got the vidya equivalent of the MCU franchise and they're doing fuck all with it

I unironically think that Paladins has better gameplay and better maps than overwatch but the artstyle isn't that great.

The girls are much cuter as well.

Attached: jonathan-kuo-ying-1.jpg (1920x1134, 316K)

>She's a plus size WOC, she by definition cannot be racist.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. SJW fucking HATE Asians.

low tier gay? the guy one of the tranny mods is sleeping with?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p051 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.87M)

literally white genocide

His ult could be to copy the ult of an enemy or teammate.
He could be a support character built all around copying and enhancing his teammates' existing abilities, almost like a kirby.
He'd be a unique character with a distinct personality that isn't really seen yet, and he could have some bomb-ass interactions with Zenyatta, Doomfist, Mercy and Moira

especially asian women, nothing pleases a white man more than a slim asian girl.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p052 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.46M)

>twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1100202509396791297
This is probably their worst design yet, what a snoozefest.

>retarded colours
>dbz scouter
>gay nigga haircut
>nerf gun

What the fuck were they thinking.

Attached: 1479860103231.png (350x286, 167K)

literally fortnite noskin fucking kek

Well I thought she was more of a celtic sorceress inspired character, hence why she's irish

Attached: IN-11102.png (850x850, 117K)

I love Mei!

Can't relate to this post because I went to university in Vancouver and was surrounded by SJW asian girls

The only good new hero out of all of them

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p053 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.19M)

shes just Tilda swindon from that marvel movie. Which was a form of censorship.

I know a friend who saw some diversity program bullshit at their college that excluded asians for some reason.

I like thicc Mei

Attached: Schoolgirl Winter Mei.jpg (1000x1000, 136K)

I want this chad in

Attached: McCloud.jpg (227x303, 26K)

We kinda did

Attached: 900px-L%C3%BAcio_Skin_Capoeira.png?version=4700e17c10022d4bb2576e6cfd5af015.png (900x900, 997K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O_J9TV9_gcA

OHNONONONONONOOOOOO

MULTI
BILLION
DOLLAR
COMPANY

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p054 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.39M)

>Mccloud strife

>Paladins has cute girls and actually some half-decent champion designs
>It's by fucking Hi-Rez of all people

Hand it off to next to anyone else and I'd play it way more, god damn it. Same with Smite.

Attached: lggvH1Z.jpg (2048x2048, 1.33M)

every female character has a """"""""""perfect"""""""""" silhouette, how is this diverse?

>literal nu-male with gauges

>About to celebrate their 3rd anniversary
>Still haven't added a white or asian male which is the overwhelming majority of their playerbase

What did they mean by this?

Attached: WIL E copy2.png (288x355, 131K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p055 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.43M)

It's a placeholder

>low tier gay the healer slut

are you actually retarded?
or you simply dont play the game and you're just falseflagging?
because that concept turned into a legendary skin for lucio
not that one you fucking retard

Attached: lu.png (890x889, 1.3M)

Ana is the only good post-release hero because gameplay-wise she was basically 100% completed before the game went live and only needed a few touches.

Same. I just really wish morbidly obese cosplayers would stop appropriating my wife.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p056 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.96M)

My favourite one is how they cuck the korean boys by shipping dva with lucio.

Pharah cunny!

THIS IS A FUCKIN VIDEO

Attached: file.png (216x222, 65K)

They need to add more fucking game modes

Attached: Overwatch OP.jpg (1280x1280, 1.12M)

ahh god SO THICK

>tries to make a black character for your 'woke' videogame
>It is some thick boned, baboon faced, puffy haired black man

Why are they so racist

ABOUT SOME FAT FUCK NAMED ROADHOG

A safety vest...is he a Gilet Jaune?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p057 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.44M)

Ok another generic-ish hero like soldier 76 and ana? With all the crazy shit heroes have playing with the average joes feels like a breath of fresh air, 76 being gay is the most forced shit since that dragon age inquisition tranny character though.

Attached: 1540319080280.gif (200x200, 3.46M)

>Ship Dva with Lucio
>Some Koreans are upset, but most people don't care because it's just common interracial at this point
>Missed their opportunity to ship Dva with Genji or Hanzo, which would cause a rectal apocalypse between the Japanese and Korean fanbases

Sad

Attached: 1334111722389.gif (202x202, 980K)

He looks generic as fuck.

What, a Pizza Hut in the garage?

Attached: laughter intensifies.webm (488x318, 235K)

His twizzler hair in his artwork looks a lot cooler than that.

>they turned the canadian hero chinese
ahahaha

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p058-059 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (4584x3056, 3.26M)

What are they going to due besides releasing more shitty characters? Actually balance the game? Make another game modes?
Blizzard stopped giving a fuck about OW the moment they looked for that mobile money.

>Another straight black male
Yawn.

Symetria, that egyptian girl and her mother.

>/pol/fags and their boomer ilk are a consistently bankable source of free marketing via their impotent rage
As long as this trend lasts, it'll continue to be hilarious

CHEESE DRINKING
RADIATION BATHING
OMNIC DODGING
APE ARM HAVING

>straight
>with those earrings
he's a faggot, user

>doomfist
>straight
lucio x doomfist is canon

In the future they'll reveal that he's Mercy's ex-husband

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p060 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.12M)

>Symmetra, Pharah and Ana
>>>>>>black

>this ice cream shop has 400 flavors and only ONE of them is vanilla!
inb4 food metaphor

Hol up... So you be sayin?

Attached: WE.jpg (474x547, 30K)

but i like hacker girl not her design though

>No more hugs, Doomfist

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p061 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.26M)

Egypt is in Africa.

Isn't that the point? He isn't overwatch. He isn't some super special genius scientist. He isn't a top tier assassin wanted world wide. He isn't a world famous DJ revolutionary or e-celeb. He's a normal guy who joined some peacekeeping force, was recruited into Talon as a generic grunt, and then left on his own after guilt got the best of him.

He's supposed to look less distinct. He's basically just wearing repainted, older model talon equipment.

Indians aren't black
Egyptians aren't black

Attached: 1505872965373.png (691x650, 266K)

There are retards who unironically think modern Egyptians and Indians are niggers.

what even is his design language here.......

sleeveless black guy with a normie haircut and a gun that looks like a dyson vacuum cleaner?

Attached: VacuumSweepstakes.jpg (560x420, 148K)

>Jagged Alliance style Blackwatch missions
>Call of Duty missions with Jack and Reyes
>all of the major battles during the Omnic Crisis
>Torb's work for the Ironclad Guild
>Doomfist brawling against Numbani security forces and his predecessors
>stealth missions with Sombra
>stealth missions with Symmetra
>Junkrat and Roadie's Bushland Adventures
>Helix Security missions with Pharah and her team
>young Genji and Hanzo doing sketchy yakuza shit
>Ashe and McCree doing pre-breakup Deadeye shit

Blizzard can't even be bothered to tie the lore to the gameplay in the regular game, they're not going to give us any of the hundreds of awesome other things they could do.

>mccree
>white

Attached: 1541130158604.png (530x620, 306K)

Attached: pew pew.webm (402x808, 1.15M)

I wish Mei was like this. I hate her character and design a lot.

Kaplan is an admitted Pharmercy shipper

Attached: pharmercy sunset.jpg (1920x1370, 277K)

So is Overwatch just the virtue signal olympics now?

Is this real?
The design is so incredibly bland.

I dont care, I'm so sick of seeing black men in the spotlight. It's time for a underrepresented class to take centre stage in Overwatch, like straight while males.

Yeah, tumblr art doesn't make him a Mexican.

using zaryahs gun for the visual effect concept.

I can totally see it, I do like the one sleeker concept art as well.

actual egyptians get very offended if you lump them together with sub saharan africans

they identify more with arabs

At least his flattop looks cool.

>WE

DELETE THIS

Attached: Ice Cream for Mei.jpg (675x1024, 77K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p066 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.4M)

I love my wife the way she is.

you're doing the lord's work, user
thank you
keep posting please

Someone post the picture an adult Mercy around a child Pharah.

This pairing is so fucking stupid and nonsensical.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p067 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.31M)

I like Abo Junkrat

It's Blizzard, one of the biggest fuckups of 2018.
The same company that made a character gay to stop the bad press that kept repeatedly hitting them.

So you need to be sub-saharan african to be black? That's weirdly specific. Whyh don't we do the same with the differen subregions for each continent?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p068 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.8M)

I mean in theory Mercy met Pharah as a child, she was on a team with her mom so it's not like it's your typical time warp fuckery people do for that kind of ship

Attached: 1492029050316.png (690x2172, 1.74M)

LOOK, YOU BIG-EARED OMNMO

YOU TAKE YOUR HORNY LITTLE ASS, AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT, AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT, AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT, AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT, AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT AND YOU FIND JUNKRAT AND YOU

Make sense when they can't even spell the world symmetry with an "a" instead of a "y"

white womym (plenty of them in the industry) are very very insecure when it comes to asian females

thats how you get frumpy/fat asian characters like Rose Tico and Mei or Brin in anthem

"we can have asians but make sure they arent too hot"

Attached: wxcgAym.jpg (1000x2876, 657K)

still mad that she never got a full character video because she wasn't as popular with the normies as Dva was

i hate the people in charge of this game so much.

This guy's design just screams "black guy who dies first in a sci fi horror movie."

Attached: RatTrap.jpg (530x270, 13K)

>make a character that is clearly supposed to be McCree's on-and-off lover, or at least an ex
>"no she's not lol we'd never dare go against our tumblr shipper overlords"

Attached: ca98dd167af6e556ac3835e57de1a5cc.png (960x1280, 1.45M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p069 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.35M)

Christ almighty, that design looks ugly as sin. I'm so glad we got our Mei.

>Literally stealing Demoman from TF2
>GOTTA BE DIVERSE
>NO WHITE PEOPLE ALLOWED LMAO
>ALSO HES TRANSGENDER!
Overwatch team has fucking lost their minds.

>africans are all black

elon musk is african too you know. But hes certainly not black.

same as how turks, indians, chinese and even russians are all technically asians but they are all of difference races.

I don't mind the yelling, but does he have to SSSSTUN

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p070 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.55M)

lmaooo, fuckin based

Attached: 1546197208136.jpg (452x455, 49K)

Hey remember when people thought Pharah was a quadruple amputee because her the elbow joints on her armour were clearly too fucking small for anyone to fit their forearms through?
Me neither.

Attached: chrome_2019-02-26_00-27-08.png (93x94, 17K)

>So you need to be sub-saharan african to be black?
Yeah. That pretty much ends the discussion.

Its why asian women are bullied out of the modeling industry

>GP02
>Dragonar
>man version of Bubblegum Crisis
Fuck these are great

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p071 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.64M)

ok?

Cute flyboy

I really like nigga mercy

>we wanted to see how far we could take it before getting sued by konami and bandai

Attached: smug.jpg (487x483, 27K)

I legit thought this was a doomfist skin until right now.

>porco rosso
If only.

>not wanting a cyber William Wallace

too obvious

the same reason you don't lump south east asian with east asians

that was more the fault of the shitty 3D model that was made then the concept artist's

Mei is hot though

Attached: EXTRA THICC.jpg (509x743, 51K)

Damn all this diversity and the game is still shit. What went wrong?

When Orisa was in her early stages they just used Zarya's model but gave her a gatling gun.
They seem to use Zarya a lot as a placeholder for testing

CALORIE THIEVING

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>Egyptian heritage

I would be completely willing to bet that "mixed Canadian Native American heritage" shit was completely made up in a panic to try and deflect criticism from her Rainmaker skins.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p072 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.44M)

has there ever been an official explanation for why D.Va is no longer canonically a former Starcraft player? they even have that Blizzard logo right there in the concept art. why did they change that? always thought that was neat, like when Louis in L4D says he plays Counter-Strike

>let's take strike commander morrison's visor and mccree's armor/poncho, give it a new color and turn it into a new hero
>oh and let's make him black too, gotta check off that diversity box
L M A O

Why are minorities and women always the characters are releasing?

The asian races you mentiones are pretty different from each other.
Egyptians are brown just as the subsaharan africans (at least the ones depicted in OW), I don't get what's the difference.

God I wish we had gotten pilot suit aviator chad with a jet pack.

Attached: to be alive is to suffer.png (500x539, 393K)

so the little soi girls on tumblr can make fanart about it thus boosting their numbers.

They actually mention in the book that her mother is Egyptian, Ana, and her father is a Native American from the Pacific Northwest. Because, Egyptians and Indians run into each other all the time desu.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p074 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.42M)

I'm sure it was, but it would've been an interesting design choice if it were true. But it's against the law or something for OW to have an interesting character.

>Egyptians are brown just as the subsaharan africans
No their not. Are you an american?

God Lucio is so fucking cool, can't believe how generic the new black guy is in comparison

My wife Mei is gorgeous.

Attached: 6b602d36e0a4ad0312b9fdff67eccfe0.png (900x900, 443K)

>Tfw still no Maximillien
Evil Omnic would much better than forced diversity

Attached: Aku.jpg (680x383, 23K)

In the art book? When was it published? Fuck me I might have just lost some money.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p075 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.41M)

Except why, in a hero-shooter game about characters with distinct personalities, would they include a generic grunt? That's what Soldier 76 was already, he was meant to be the stand-in for the CODbro playstyle and character archtype. We already have "normal guy who joined some peacekeeping force, started off as generic grunt" type.
>repainted, older model talon equipment
Then shouldnt it still be red and black but maybe with an etched-out insignia or something?
The issue is you literally cannot tell ANY of that from his design. You can't tell his personality even. You can't tell his backstory. Everything you mentioned about him is shit that's only present in a video about his backstory, not his design.

I remember someone saying it was because Zarya's skeleton is the most stable and reacts the best to being fucked around with.

This looks pretty brown to me.

Attached: 5-minutes-of-overwatch-ana-gameplay_rfdm.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

Attached: 4b63d1b17141631fbe5ccba7d93df216.jpg (1525x745, 220K)

I don't even play this fucking game anymore and I'm upset about how fucking generic and boring he looks coupled with the fact he's just another damn healer when there's already so many. There's like half a dozen healers already! There's gotta be more damn ways of support than just healing, Blizzard! Why not make a dedicate portal maker?!

Attached: 1537813639029.gif (382x554, 2.57M)

>no ZOE dogfights with an infinite-flight version of Pharah
HOW CAN YOU MAKE SOMETHING SO GOOD AND SQUANDER IT?
HOW

A fictional character can look however you want. What point are you making here? Egyptians are not fucking black africans.

2017, I'm guessing.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p076 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.41M)

Speculate on his gun and abilities.

Are they still salty it isn't a black women? Also, Stylosa still plays this game? LOL. Does he still release PTR vids of new content and go "Holy hell, HOLY HELL Ladies and Gentleman!!!!"

they don't get brownie points and outrage advertisements

>No generic hero backstory bullshit
>fancy suit & james bond aestheic
>silenced pistol
We need him

Attached: 300px-Maximilien_2.png (300x300, 112K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p077 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.38M)

This

>all brown people are the same race
indians, blacks, australian aboriginals are all dark but they are all different races

>egyptians are just as dark
no, more like a very tan olive, and the facial structure is closer to that of arabs

Attached: doaa family_0.jpg (732x490, 114K)

warhammer is pretty damn cool but filing the numbers off and repainting it another color doesn't count as creativity
looking at you, starcraft

>Isn't that the point?
That was the point of 76
We already have 76
I'd prefer characters that are distinct from each other visually and conceptually

I'm guessing the unused ability art would've been for the smoke bomb
>Souls
I still miss them

The Reflections comic came out for Christmas 2016 so maybe I'm safe. I don't know, like you said it's just such a weird racial pair

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p078 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.02M)

How is resetera doing

Fun fact user ~99% of people that play the game have never been to the forums.

>that bottom middle one
Blizzard pisses me off so much that they can't see good character design if it slapped them in the face. Sombra is the biggest example and you cannot refute this.

Attached: 1537492847648.jpg (750x750, 331K)

>Wraith Step as a sort of dash
>AOE Smokebomb
>Robo-Croc
>The D.Va Concepts like that blue loli
>Junkrat not riding a missile that's only able to fly on the will of god and pure blind luck straight into the enemy team
Talk about a ton of missed opportunities so far, jesus. Mei's the only one I'd say that ended up nicely.

Attached: 1549665232004.jpg (500x373, 26K)

Who wants to bet the tech from the grenade launcher is behind Baptistes weapon.

He's likely cobbled together from other ideas, the black man mercy, reaper grenade launcher. He probably also does something with health packs.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p079 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.04M)

Almost definitely
He's just "what have we got lying around to shut these assholes up about no POC characters" the character.
The complete lack of work they put into him is astounding.

just when you thought you couldnt get a more generic hero, along comes the absolute most generic hero of any game ever. BIG YIKES

>Backstory
>Ooga Booga where dawhite women at whitey Omnics keeping me down
>No...I had a choice

Blizzard what are you implying

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p080 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.74M)

BOI WAT?
I want this as a skin for Reinhardt

the cool thing about lucio is that he has personality; he is very energetic and upbeat. making up a hivemind and becoming an influencer was consequence

>ow copying Paladins again, its basically pip
>make a new hero a nigger Soldier 79
way to kill the hype, Blizzard. Can't believe i was waiting for something interesting.

At least could have left the hero evil, but no - hisi story is shit too, since he left Talon

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p081 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.22M)

>Yuri
>Age Difference
What's not to love.

Attached: 1499199652333.jpg (762x622, 78K)

blizzard, 800 layoffs were not enought. You need to keep going

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p082 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.82M)

Reaper using a submachine gun and a shotgun would've been an interesting design choice. You'd be able to alternate firepower depending on the situation at hand.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p083 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.39M)

Literal perfection.

Attached: 044e95fce2249ff952344cab0082fde9.jpg (900x1200, 136K)

>Was raised as a member of the bad guys since he was a child
>Eventually breaks free and turns against them

Here's your new Overwatch hero bro.

Attached: finn-main_952e10d2.jpg (960x540, 111K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p084 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.67M)

Wow, those milkers

You mean the one with tusks? Hogs aren't exactly representative of death, although they're pretty savage.

>literally fat pyro
Bullet dodged there

Attached: Mei's Dumplings.jpg (803x1136, 194K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p085 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.74M)

All these are great ideas for skins, especially the purple Crusader helm.

They no the porn is keeping them alive and don't Wana fuck it up

Soldier 76 isn't a grunt. He's a military commander turned masked vigilante. Nothing about him is normal soldier besides his name. No one is going to see 76 and go "Oh there's a normal soldier."
>You can't tell his personality even. You can't tell his backstory. Everything you mentioned about him is shit that's only present in a video about his backstory, not his design.
That is my point user. You ARE telling by his design. His design immediately marks him as a boots on the ground soldier, not some legendary hero/assassing/celeb/etc. His backstory isn't being tragically turned into a space-time anomaly or being the hacker queen of a cartel. He is just a guy with regrets trying to make up for them, so he looks like a normal soldier.

So here's just some gimmicks for characters that are just off the top off my head.
>A character than can stop time in a small area like faceless void in Dota
>A character that starts fire, like Pyro from TF2
>A Character that can make holograms to trick enemies
>A character who can move through walls like a phantom
>A character who can shoot lightning, not all that difficult of a concept
>A character who can burry underground like a mole
>A character who specializes in making traps
>An evil robot, since there aren't any yet for some reason
>A bird character, like a falcon or some shit I don't know
Honestly just rip off characters like they started if all they're gonna do is make more characters instead of expanding on the ones they already have. In fact, they should really just focus on giving their current roster more backstory and versatility, but what the fuck ever.

Attached: 1522201872967.jpg (384x384, 11K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p086 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.42M)

Imagine the smell...

We dont' get cool black guys like Lucio because people posted asshurt articles that they just furthered stereotypes of black people either being good at sports or music. Like it wasn't that many but that's the kind of shit out there nowadays.

Why does Blizzard love to rip off Paladins so much?

Gameplay mechanics wise hes obviously Pip
His clothing and color scheme is fucking Kinessa

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.48M)

>Was raised as a member of the bad guys since he was a child
No he wasn't. He was part of some regular army and then joined talon.

Attached: RJPoaZ7.png (1919x885, 2.11M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p087 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.33M)

THESE SLOPPY BASTIONS

Attached: LOW.png (1920x1080, 494K)

THESE ARE ALL SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT
WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p088 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.98M)

Sorry sweetie no need for your ideas, gotta fill the diversity quota and balance the game around esports to launder some money

Attached: 1544839758296.jpg (1503x837, 215K)

Man, Wildebeest was a dope looking character

Glad some of his motifs moved to Orisa tho

>A Chinese character is Chinese
What did he mean by this?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p089 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.29M)

>What the fuck were they thinking?
Hey vegeta! i'm black now! and in a fruty shooter game!

Attached: nappas.png (580x438, 338K)

You're missing the point of brainstorming overwatch characters

>a character that stuns and slows in a small aoe. Passively buffs teammate damage
>a character that fires stun balls at long distance, has an escape move that creates a timefield slowing down everything in its radius
>a character with a tracking beam that periodically slows enemies, able to place a building that heals teammates and slows enemies that come near it
>a hitscan character that shoots darts that slow enemies (the slow stacks making each subsequent hit easier to land). Able to shoot allies to make them faster. Ultimate stops everything from moving in a large radius
>a flying character that is able to fire stun bombs from above.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p090-091 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (4584x3056, 2.94M)

That doesn't look like a very packed house.
Was this at their last tournament?

love how they talk around "we started with Pudge and worked our way from there" kek

>rather than a japanese women we got a el goblin americas
fuck this gay earth.

The worst part of Finn for me is how much Disney hyped up him being a former Stormtrooper turned good... only for him to have been a fucking Janitor to remove all moral ambiguity.

World Cup I reckon

I'm partial to the one in the direct middle, but that's just because I have a thing for bandaged badasses

Attached: 4714248b8da73da019cdc4189812a268.jpg (635x900, 364K)

I read it in his fucking abridged voice. Lol

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p092 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.4M)

It still annoys me that we never got that 3rd concept art as a skin. I want a fucking hooded Sombra.

>both Sombra and Moira have sweet throwing weapon concepts
>genji instead

Hes probably the worst designed character by far and its mostly because he's way too generic looking.

God please no. Looking at anything concept related to Sombra just makes me angry at what we have now

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p094 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.31M)

I was trying to focus on a way that a character could be made to stand out with a particular style, not the gameplay aspect itself.

Attached: Haruhi Mei.png (578x800, 80K)

>Gameplay mechanics wise hes obviously Pip
Except we have no idea what his gameplay is like at all.

A Stormtrooper turncoat, particular one that was raised from birth and had to break free from his mental conditioning to rebel, could have been such a great story, and I think Boyega could have pulled it off. Then they made his entire character WHERE'S REY interspersed with random comic relief bits. Him sacrificing himself for the rebellion, his new family, if he'd had proper build up, maybe even scenes where he tried to convince his former stormtrooper squadmates could have been a really emotional moment and even the iteration we got I was kind of feeling the hype.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p095 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.52M)

Except then why is that regular nobody being put up against heroes-tier characters? I doubt he plays like a normal grunt given that he's a healer, so why is he designed to look so plain when his adversaries are going to be fuckign super soldiers and super heroes?
>Soldier 76 isn't a grunt. He's a military commander turned masked vigilante. Nothing about him is normal soldier besides his name. No one is going to see 76 and go "Oh there's a normal soldier."
Except people do because they see "He's got a mask, he looks pretty serious. His gun looks like a pretty normal assault rifle, and his leather jacket looks pretty normal too. He seems like a sort of generic every-man who doesn't show his face"
And if we go into optional-skins, the idea of 76 being a normal soldier is even more present in his legendaries. That's kind of the point of him and his kit: he's the most 'normal' among super scientists and monstrosities and craziness. He's just a guy who's fast and has his gun, but he's still distinct enough that you like looking at his design.
If Baptiste really is just meant to be the most normal, unremarkable grunt, then he shouldnt even be in the game since those characters don't matter in the Overwatch universe, a game world literally built on the concept of heroes and extra-ordinary individuals.

Dying game.

Maybe if you are retarded and dont see his weapon is grenade launcher shooting small-HP packs that explode

>Top response: He looks like a default Fortnite character

O I AM LAFFIN

>dying
*dead
dying implies there's even a slim chance that its numbers can go up

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p096 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.33M)

>one amputee
>one bodybuilder
>one robot goat
>one chubby
>one saggy granny body

You cant even pretend you play the game huh?

>everyone hyped around her release for a cool hacker omnic with a skull mask
>instead we got le epic smug goblina with a dyke haircut

Attached: IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.png (1280x985, 793K)

Is there a way to see actual playerbase counts for Blizzard games like that one website did for Steam?

No comments about shes autistic, weird. It's almost like they just throw this shit out.

>no, don't you get it, his design is supposed to be completely boring to look at! Never mind that the alts for 76 do a better job of communicating grunt-design whilst being distinctive
There really isn't an excuse for why Baptiste is so boring looking. Even if you're meant to be generic, then they should have fucking gone all the way and made him literally a generic Talon NPC model with maybe some slight touch-ups to indicate he's not with them.
There is nothing in his design that indicates he was a soldier or with Talon. He's just muscular in some generic sci-fi armor with a grenade launcher that you can't even tell probably heals people.
You can't even tell the medic character is a medic, let that set in

Attached: 1523678457342.png (810x848, 1.26M)

the helmet would've been so fucking cool though

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p097 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.45M)

You may see an omnic. I see a doctor, an engineer, a scholar.

no. this is the real reason devs are moving to epic game store btw. so they can hide or lie about their game sales

You could for World of Warcraft but they stopped releasing the numbers. Their subs are under 600,000. It's down for all bizzard games so god knows what overwatch is like.

>friendly dialogue automatically equals shipping
Lúcio could do better

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p098 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.52M)

Attached: Bikini Mei.jpg (540x675, 52K)

>Each of her blades produced a different effect, such as revealing the location of enemies on other parts of the map
>Not Resource Management: The Character, having to choose if you should use X dagger in Y moment to get the most benefit
>Instead have to deal with a dogshit silence unless you're going to actually try and 'assassinate' someone but have nowhere near enough damage to do so
>Current design pales in comparison to the bottom left and bottom right concepts
Fuck this gay earth. I think there was more concept out there looking like the bottom right, but the face was totally covered up with the typical mexican skull detail, showing no real features. That would've actually been kinda cool to see. Might've just been fan-art though based on it.

Attached: 1549078744924.jpg (453x604, 99K)

Boyega's a pretty good actor honestly. He has solid range, can ham it up in a variety of ways and he can do really subtle acting too in stuff like Detroit
But nah, Disney wants its bullshit PLUCKY REBELS so you can't have trained killers among that trio

>we will never have qt dirty pale autismfu in the game
BALL FUCKING DROPPED

Attached: 1498060270027.jpg (440x429, 50K)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p099 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.5M)

kinda reminds me of

Attached: traitor.png (256x256, 96K)

Thank fuck they changed her design, I don't want cloud strfe with tits and angel wings

>Their subs are under 600,000.

How do you know this if they stopped releasing their numbers?

>we copypasted a dwarf from wow and put a metal suit on him lol.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p100 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.8M)

>the hacker character is not an Omnic
What the FUCK were they thinking?

Attached: are you out of your fucking mind.jpg (905x960, 83K)

I am really tempted to start playing Paladins again just for skins. Its like Blizzard just can't create anything visually appealing and interesting anymore..

youtu.be/j6eK8qRLRFM?t=208

It's legitimately fucking amazing how badly Blizzard has fucked up Overwatch. I mean it was the most hyped thing when it was revealed, rest of you remember that to? Hell there's so much fucking overlap for people to be annoyed about the game. From the top of my head (Probably missed a bunch) Shame I really enjoyd the game/porn

>Snail pace for adding in meaningful content (Heroes, maps, game modes. Skins do not count under this)
>All maps center around chokepoints
>Constantly buffing/nerfing heroes in extremes
>Constantly changing or removing heroes’ abilities
>Few newly released heroes (once in a bluemoon) that have been coming out broken in some capacity (be them OP or trash)
>Their designs steadily decreasing in quality with each new addition.
>No campaign, no meaningful expansion of lore
>Removal of single player modes after each event
>Only consistent additions to the game are skins (decreasing in quality)
>Having paid skins (that are also timed in some cases) in a game whose only in game progression is getting the next skin
>Removing tricks for heroes that allowed for more complex plays
>Loot boxes
>Making people gay on the fly
>Changing hero designs due to minority out cry & decreasing characters assists (1. Widowmaker/Mercy from trailers/beta footage before game release. 2. Tracers ass/poses due to 1 post)
>Too much focus on competitive play/creating an Esport (Alienating Casual/Quickplay only players)
>Not enough focus on competitive play/Esports (Investing huge amounts of work into these while refusing to change its more casual elements)
>Constant desire to babysit players activity, going to far as to spend more time dealing with perceived toxicity of players & banning them, rather then develop new content
>Virtue Signaling to SJW's

Attached: a07.jpg (900x1391, 312K)

ANOTHER FUCKING NIGGER
A FUCKING CLONE OF SOLDIER 76
HE IS PROB HIS BF TOO
SO WE GOT ANOTHER FAGGOT

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p101 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.52M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p102 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.17M)

>1. Widowmaker/Mercy from trailers/beta footage before game release. 2. Tracers ass/poses due to 1 post)

Widowmaker never really changed on the first point and on the second I would argue we got a better pose overall

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p103 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.55M)

>>All maps center around chokepoints
I mean... how else do you design a fps map? I'm being serious here.

you know you can take the idea of a generic grunt character and make it distinctive in its own way, right?
because with the scarf thing and the scouter, it feels like they intended him to be distinctive and failed, rather than purposefully tried to make him an extra from fortnite

>concept art
>actually looks like some kind of engineer/tech expert/scientist

>in-game
>just some pooinloo with generic sci-fi visor and robot arm, says nothing about what she does or what her role is on the team
>ends up constantly getting reworked because not even Blizzard has a clear idea of what the character is meant to do
Like pottery I tell ya.

Attached: actual screenshots from the Suicide Squad movie.jpg (603x273, 42K)

Attached: 1534678564532.jpg (540x761, 99K)

He literally looks like a Fortnite character. This is just sad

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p105 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.27M)

multiple choke points vs single choke points forces teams to allocate resources.
lots of overwatch maps have single chokepoints. Take that Japanese map for instance. The first push into the garden technically has two entrances, but they're so close that it's basically just the one.

Because Anarchy Reigns was a fairly obscure Platinum title with mediocre critical and financial success

Good soundtrack though
youtube.com/watch?v=fTKBa3VERvw

how have they not turned this into a skin by now?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p106 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.47M)

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p107 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.17M)

White males
>Soldier 76
>Junkrat
>Reinhard
>Torbjorn

Non-white males
>Reaper
>Genji
>Hanzo
>McCree
>Lucio
>Roadhog
>Zarya
>Doomfist
>this new guy

Attached: Mei Selfie.jpg (2600x3824, 3.29M)

If you dont play this game than why the fuck are you even in this thread? Just to get triggered at stuff that has no bearing on your life?

holy fuck these guns look so much better

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p108 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.13M)

Her ass was objectively bigger before, & the second is debatable on the outcome. Main point of contention comes down to why/how they went about the change. Again a single post to pull on their heart strings vs. a whole communities outcry. You can still see why people were annoyed by it regardless of the outcome be somewhat positive.

Attached: 37-og.jpg (499x766, 120K)

I love her so much

Attached: cf26a9368a912a4d1fe81905b3decbaa.jpg (960x1042, 140K)

>Torbjorn
Not even human, remove from the list.

Demo couldn't drink himself to death fast enough with that disappointment of a son...

ugandan 76 nos da we brudah!
a good pair to negro fist

Attached: rv0pla4yf4901.jpg (5210x2484, 359K)

>We want the Fortnite audience.

Don't confuse gameplay with story. Lucio and Symm aren't out there squaring-off against high end talon operatives like Widow. Do you think Mei, the playful environmental scientist is supposed to be """put up against heroes-tier characters"""? She would be dead day fucking one. The trailer makes it obvious he's doing small time fighting against low end talon. He's fighting other mooks, not hunting down Reaper.
>He seems like a sort of generic every-man who doesn't show his face"
No he fucking doesn't. Everything about him screams old, highly trained, battle-scarred soldier. You are comparing an aged Captain Price to Private Ramirez.
>he shouldnt even be in the game since those characters don't matter in the Overwatch universe, a game world literally built on the concept of heroes and extra-ordinary individuals.
Way to miss the entire fucking point of the universe. Were you under a rock when the first cinematic trailer dropped and was all about an unremarkable kid who decides to be a hero and turns the tide of a battle between legends? Or Orisa and Lucio's stories similarly being about regular people who decided to help make the world a better place?

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p109 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.49M)

So you're saying I have to still be an active player of the game in order to criticize it? Yeah... you're a dumbass.

this is what orisa should've been

why is he a fucking nigger? What's wrong with Blizzard?

>White Males 6
Junkrate
Reinhart
Torb
McCree
Roadhog

>Asian Males 2
Genji
Hanzo

>Hispanic Males 2
Lucio
Reaper

>Black/African Males 2
Doomfist
New Guy

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p110 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.51M)

Attached: Hi.jpg (685x1024, 97K)

That top left one is a qt

Why are they still trying to appease the masses, the base fucking game of OW was diverse as hell but people were so fucking picky they moaned that the winter festival was too blatantly Chismassy and where were the jewish and hindu versions ffs. I've heard people say 'So what if Mei is asian? there are more asians than just China and Japan you know" or they're putting a fucking dulux colour chart next to Doomfist and he's not the exact specific correct shade of black. They make a hamster in a giant wheel and people moan 'wow we got that before a black women lol ok blizz :)'.

These people will never, ever, ever be happy.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p111 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 2.05M)

literally sombras gun

Is that top left one Leona from KOF?

You already have moira

Attached: f3939e83710e8a7947793f52e0ca14c7.jpg (880x1000, 514K)

this design is so much better

>Scarf makes him look like McCree
>Pose, gun, and general stature/body make him look like Soldier 76

no real good stuff for widow, zarya, and winston

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p126 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.29M)

This pretty much there isn't really any mover ability or clever design on the maps. They all have segmented chokepoints that games are constantly fought at. Usually screeching to a halt.

Attached: Big Tiddy Mei.jpg (724x1024, 72K)

>that top middle design
FUCK WE WERE SO CLOSE

With 6 per team?
Yeah.

TF2 can get away with it because you can have 10 plus per team.

so is he gay or trans or bi or what
just go ahead and tell us blizzard

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p127 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.33M)

>Don't confuse gameplay with story
I'm not, but we already have a generic soldier in 76. He's not literally generic, but his design communicates his general deal and his playstyle and he was DESIGNED as the typical COD main character from a story perspective.
>Were you under a rock when the first cinematic trailer dropped and was all about an unremarkable kid who decides to be a hero and turns the tide of a battle between legends?
To become extraordinary
>Or Orisa and Lucio's stories similarly being about regular people who decided to help make the world a better place?
Which only happens when the former gets remade as a sentient super-robot and the latter becomes a vigilante after stealing some experimental tech.
Again, I don't see the appeal of having a generic soldier that isn't even identifiable to the group he comes from (Talon).
Shouldn't he have their generic armor if the POINT is to have him look generic? Wouldn't it be better if his design was just the Talon armor but with some modifications to try to strip it of any association with them?
His fucking color palette doesnt even communicate that he's a support character. Nothing about his design communicates the fact taht he's even a soldier

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p128 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.52M)

>top middle
holy shit

Attached: 1550427701101.jpg (558x558, 24K)

>ship the game with white characters that everyone loves
>game gets instant popularity because people love the look of the characters
>no one likes the brown ones
>announce that the white characters are all gay
>proceed to add nothing but tranny looking females, niggers and more niggers
What the fuck

6 per team just means the maps aren't as huge but it doesn't mean you put two chokepoints LITERALLY next to each other like in the russia and Japan maps

Nice to know Zenyatta was always based as fuck

Thank you for posting my wife with me, by the way

Attached: c85a3aecdbd48f79a1932689e67832ef.jpg (1500x2246, 1.11M)

Play Unreal Tournament

Post widow pic with oversaturated design.

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p129 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.73M)

>No buff as fuck zen monk that could kick your ass at any given moment, but would rather opt for peaceful methods
I'm actually fine with what we have now for Zen, but that'd be cool

Attached: The Art of Overwatch - 002 (v00) - p114 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2292x3056, 1.22M)

ew a nigger