Just beat this game and holy fuck this was a roller coaster ride of a story

Just beat this game and holy fuck this was a roller coaster ride of a story.

Compile Heart/Idea Factory have made a lot of shit games in the past, but this is without a doubt the best thing they’ve ever produced.

Attached: CA985FC0-D952-42DA-8ED0-24C2FF14E4AC.png (1920x1008, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ideafintl.com/updates/2018/11/08/6425.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ridnCzwM9Yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

better than fairy fencer f?

Not this shit again.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190224215505.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

>.25 has been deposited in your account

Attached: 1541559922129.jpg (885x516, 52K)

You can be honest and just post cute girls m8

I got you fampai.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190225162500.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

Dude I fucking wish IF/CH paid me to shill their games, I do it for free

I said cute girls, not filthy elves

I attended a panel at AX about this game, it seemed interesting

I might pick up a copy if nothing comes out in the next month or two that catches my interest

I just found out today that you can press the black pad in the center of the controller and save during choice menus. I had replayed from my previous saves, so chapter 4 was hell for me.

Fine.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190225162535.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

Best girl gets release as a DLC character next month so it might be worth waiting

Attached: 3915D6B1-FD06-4996-944C-7D5E35FE53C6.jpg (800x450, 117K)

Switch/pc version when

That's nice, but I already finished the game.
Why do so many Jap devs do this? Staggering DLC releases for weeks to the point that, by the time the final DLC is out, people will have long finished the game and have moved on?

I honestly don’t know. It would have made more sense if she just joined you normally as part of the story and left right when she betrays you during the ending but idk, Japs gotta get that extra money somehow

After Mary Skelter 2 port because there's no way they can release in on PS4 in the west now.

So what is it? Just neptunia but edgy?

CH's take on .hack (or SAO if you're a zoomer).
Girl gets stuck in VRMMO; her nerd friend has to help her log out while weird shit is happening in reality.
As someone who doesn't like most of their games, this one was at least decent. Probably my favorite game by then.

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190225162435.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

>Girl gets stuck in VRMMO
instantly dropped

Attached: 1548709140227.jpg (575x766, 87K)

But how are the girls?
do they have different endings or just the main girls good/true ending

Does it have a drop/loot system like the .hack games did (sans Data Drain I guess)?

are there any recent jRPGs with character creator?

LOG ME OUT!
CAN'T LOG OUT!

You're dropping it at the surface level this why the plot even happens part. The mystery solving and conspiracy theory occult stuff is what sucks you in. The VRMMO stuff is just an excuse to do all this stuff since you need to find her body, not just free her from the game.

Should I get this now or wait for PC?

im glad your enjoying user but shina is too fucking short man. i like me some loli's im not going to lie bt cmon man shes not taller than a diner chair. im not getting it. plus the way she always holds her hands to her chest is effing annoying. also her dialogues mid battle arent translated, etc. etc.

Attached: 1538552296919.jpg (900x1023, 112K)

cute

The NPC girls have their own endings

Isekai is literally such a garbage, generic genre that's its banned in many writing competetitions in Japan. Fuck off with your horrible taste

Attached: 1548246917590.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>Isekai
I bet you think SAO is Isekai too

Getting stuck in a game isn't an isekai you dumb fuck.

>Isekai is always bad even when it’s a series doing something interesting with the concept
Fuck off nigger

Attached: A7FF58D0-15DF-4019-AE55-7E4524B793B6.jpg (724x413, 440K)

>>Isekai is always bad
glad we agree

cope

Attached: 1529364795128.gif (400x300, 79K)

Discord tranny SEETHING about a game about a bunch of cute anime girls

They're all pretty short and abrupt apart from Shina's though.

I mean they are just data and the story is about Shina
but CH gotta have haremshit with a male protag

So, uh.
Did she eat them all?

Attached: Death end re;Quest_20190225162526.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

How is the difficulty? I really just wanna play it for the unique looking combat but I'm afraid it'd be braindead tier jRPG shit.

It has easy, normal, and hard and it’s actuallt pretty balanced

>compile heart
>well balanced
Is the apocalypse coming?

>CH's take on .hack (or SAO if you're a zoomer)
it's called isekai you retard fuck

Attached: 1425026908751.gif (500x281, 906K)

what's the gameplay like? what makes this game good?

is this yuri

It's half VN, half RPG.
The VN segments have you mainly as the guy who's acting as support in the real world investigating the mysteries surrounding the game never being finished and Shina ending up in it to begin with. Lots of ways to fuck things up.

The RPG segments are with Shina and the NPCs you come across, combat revolves around knockback pinball into bugs in the game to break the game, you even unlock other game genres you can force the combat into later on. Lots of ways to fuck things up.

Scenario is written by the same dude who did Corpse Party and overall it's probably the darkest title Compile Heart's put out

I sold my paperweight 4, so gotta wait for the pc port.

It's got a guy protag trying to rescue main girl but he doesn't really fight basically Jack from Mary Skelter 1

I've been looking forward to this and Compile Hearts new game with dragon and witches

What the FUCK is she doing? Why isn't she working on a PC release right fucking now?

Attached: 1499173171920.jpg (1080x1920, 290K)

It isn't?

Give her time, she always waits a few months before announcing it

Isekai is magically getting transported/reborn in another world. Getting trapped in a videogame isn't isekai in any capacity.

Is the true end a happy end at least?

Same

Attached: 1524501494405.png (1100x619, 1.41M)

Censored. Wait for PC

Guess I will then
fuck Sony

Weird how this game is censored but OP's isn't despite there being more explicit scenes.

Could be depending on the reviewer. Maybe the pajeet types are lazy and just ok it

Do you see how many lolis there are?

>Compile Heart/Idea Factory have made a lot of shit games in the past, but this is without a doubt the best thing they’ve ever produced.
That's what you faggots say about every new game they make.

Not enough.

They didn't even censor the lolis. The CG they decided to censor is really tame even compared to Neptunia standards. I've seen worse in PG-13 anime series,

This one scored higher than 3 AAA games.
>Far Cry: New Dawn
>Anthem
>Crackdown 3
All did worse than CH's newest effort. Also it's a company that constantly improves instead of spiking and then proceeding to freefall. Contrary to what the memes say CH don't rehash nearly as much as you'd think. They're one of the few devs constantly trying new things.

Like I said it's completely inconsistent, sometimes the censor X other times they skip over it and censor Y.

>Anthem
>Crackdown 3
not much of a benchmark

>They're one of the few devs constantly trying new things.
Fuck off, they've been recycling the same shitty nep battle system for the past 10 years.

It kind of is.

Or maybe it's just AAA being the shittiest of shit. You know something went wrong when a Compile Heart game beats yours by 10+ points.

I've liked all of these games so far more than the Nep series

Attached: 1534499561070.png (1685x119, 29K)

Censors are just trying to justify their salary.
They obviously are completely useless and should all be fired.

AAA companies are converged, of course they produce shit.

>Highly advertised game that was being pushed by the studio's fans as their return to form
Need I remind you what Bioware fans said when Andromeda came out
>This isn't Bioware proper, Just wait for Anthem, that's what the main team is working on. It'll be amazing.

Witches are sexy

Attached: 1544955970384.jpg (1000x563, 97K)

Question: How many other developers of Turnbased RPGs have tried to add mechanics such as knockback powered pinball or changing the genre of the battle system when you do really well?
What about how TriAct works how is that similar to Nep?
Maybe instead of talking in memes about concepts you don't understand you should research them. CH's main style is allowing partial field movement during a party members turn. This game doesn't even have that since it's full field navigation due to the knockback system and field bugs.

holy shill

>they added a single mechanic to a shitty battle system, they're good!
lmao

>They've been rehashing this system for 10 years
>no that's wrong here's some facts
>REEEEEE SHILL SHILL SHILL
You got issues. Probably of the faggot variety.

>let's repair what ain't broken
Fuck off you ADHD subhuman, you don't need to fucking reinvent the wheel every fucking game.
If you want a different gameplay, play a fucking different game you triple nigger.

>single
Kill yourself you illiterate mutt.

t. bioware

>they try nothing new
>try something new
>They didn't change enough
MEANWHILE IN WESTERN AAA
>We made this game play exactly like every other 3rd person shooter with no differences or unique mechanics
>OMG SO INNOVATIVE
Try again fagtard.

Genre shifting and system bugs are kino you EAtards

>putting intentional bugs in your game

When a bug is intentional it's called a feature.

>Compile shills will defend game breaking glitches

>game breaking glitches
>still scored a whole 15 points higher than anthem

Wait for PC, even CH had to censor some of their recent game because of snoy, they even made a blog post about it.

Their games are easily moddable on PC so even if they censor it there will be day-1 uncensor patches.

PC when?

>play a vn
>call it a game

why

>watch a movie
>call it a game

why

ビジュアルノベル(英: visual novel、ヴィジュアルノベル)は、アドベンチャーゲームの一種である。単にノベルゲームとも呼ばれる。

Usually they are uncensored, CH typically don't like censorship unless forced
they need to release more shit on switch and PC and fuck Snoy

It's harder than that because if you do not have the original, uncensored material, all you can do is editing/redrawing things until it looks like the original.

Also I found the blog post:
ideafintl.com/updates/2018/11/08/6425.html
However it does not mention that Arc of Alchemist also got censored during development stage, see pic related.

Attached: Arc of Alchemist censorship.jpg (732x411, 229K)

How good is the story? I liked Steins Gate, Umineko, Danganronpa and 999 which has mystery/conspiracy stuff. Is it on par with those games?

Snoy probably made them sign a contract that says if they want to release on PS4 they need to censor it for other platforms too. And since PS4 is so big in Japan and elsewhere they just might bend over.

Isn't FF:ADF now on switch?

Arc of Alchemist is so shit it's got discounted to over 50% off on amazon less than a week after it released. Nips are saying it's CH's worst game.

Yes

It just looks like neptunia but not. I already played Fairy Fencer F so I'm not sure what the appeal is here.

So it mentions the Date A Live VN won't be censored on the PC(Not like it's R18 anyway) but does not mention if Dragon VARNIR will have it's CG restored (I know it's only like two)

I'd say about the same. Personally I'd say Steins;Gate is better.

>lowkey harem
>glorified VN
>and some edge
No thanks.

Maybe Varnir is handled by Ghostlight who are famous for being lazy as fuck and not doing anything about censorship?

I'm still early because I've been playing other games, but the conspiracy shit so far is hilarious and over-the-top silly so it might be up your alley depending on what you liked about the games you listed. The writing has been pretty poor (in an unintentionally funny way) up to where I'm at, but I have no idea if it tightens up later.

this thread needs more pictures.
Get to it OP and minasan

There is no PC version of Varnir(yet). When there is there's still an uncensored version they can use. As for why DAL has same day PC and Varnir doesn't. VN's are the least memory intensive games on the market. Getting them to run on even a toaster is easy mode. Contrary to that the actual games aren't made with all the specs of low end PCs in mind nor do they have any extra options for high end PCs nor any PC controls. Getting those all working is a bit more work than just releasing it on PC. As long as an uncensored version of the game exists it should release untouched. This is why SK Renewal released uncensored on PC. The Jap version is uncensored. As long as that's the case there shouldn't be any questions about an uncensored version on other systems.

How does a few roughs of the villains Huke drew sound?

Attached: ROUGH_RIPUKA1.jpg (1280x1024, 241K)

Is this a fucking endless eight reference?

Attached: ROUGH_LEVIN1.jpg (1280x1024, 179K)

>Ghostlight
Not again, I don't want them handling anything anymore after censoring Agarest 2.

It's not even being produced yet let alone by them. Read .

Nah, Isekai implies its a magical transformation into a completely new world. Dude just gets stuck in a shitty video game.

Though, I wouldnt blame you for assuming it is since they never go into detail on how "Realistic" the whole thing is, could literally be a Duke Nukem 3D world in their point of view, imagine living in that for 2 years

Attached: ROUGH_ALICE1.jpg (1280x1024, 161K)

Zoom zoom zoom

Well it sound more like Corpse Party then. I couldn't get into its story and take it seriously but it was still enjoyable I guess ("unidentified balls of meat"-descriptions got funny after awhile when characters died)

Attached: ROUGH_NOVA1.jpg (1280x1024, 191K)

wuld

Attached: 1547138007900.png (1100x619, 948K)

That's it for huke's designs. Now I have roughs of the main party, mainly designs before the final ones.
For those wondering this is from the data disc that came with the Jap LE.

Attached: ROUGH_AL2.jpg (1024x1280, 333K)

Attached: ROUGH_AL3.jpg (1024x1280, 287K)

nice babymaker

Attached: ROUGH_ARATA2.jpg (1024x1280, 255K)

It's the Corpse Party writer, so that's a good comparison. I think it's closer to Blood Drive than Repeated Fear (in terms of writing and bad ends, there's no insane technical issues), but there's no prequel for it to shit all over which helps.
Not that RF had particularly good writing, but BD went off the rails.

So whats this, babies first guro game?

Also, when Mangagamer finally releasing Maggotbait?

Attached: ROUGH_CELICA5.jpg (1024x1280, 420K)

Attached: ROUGH_CELICA2.jpg (1024x1280, 274K)

Attached: ROUGH_CLEA2.jpg (1024x1280, 283K)

Trillion was my favorite game from ch

Attached: ROUGH_ENIGMA3.jpg (1024x1280, 217K)

Fun fact, Lilly didn't exist for a long time in the design stage hence why Al has a yellow bug instead of green.

Attached: ROUGH_LILY2.jpg (1024x1280, 293K)

Getting transported/living in a virtual world is still an isekai.
Whether it was made by goddess dream or computer generated is irrelevant.

Attached: ROUGH_SHINA3.jpg (1024x1280, 373K)

Also forgot Lucil because she looks VERY different.

Attached: ROUGH_LUCIL2.jpg (1024x1280, 415K)

This from the new dragon one?

yep

Attached: Valneer-of-the-Dragon-Star.jpg (640x360, 65K)

Is there actual romance in this? It was kind of half assed in FFF.

Not really. It's more focused on the fucked up shit. We're talking dragons that eat their way out of their host's womb. There are two little girls that this can happen to as well. It's pretty fucked up. So no real romance. There's some light elements but the dark stuff is the real focus.

Ah, so it's another edgy one.

not like Fang but about the same from
Taft- Omega Quintet
Jack-from Mary Skelter 1
Teasing and affection but no I love you or anything
male CH protags can't into romance
FF even has a voice menu where the female cast says I love you to (You) the player

too lazy so I just quickly found this
>inb4 english

youtube.com/watch?v=ridnCzwM9Yw

Yeah, this is the last one that's been released. They'll probably do more but right now it seems next up we have New Nep mainline and Azur Lane first. Maybe they'll surprise us at DengekiFes otherwise after Varnir it's more light hearted for the next few releases. ArcAlc was a pretty simple game with a dark set up(post nuclear war that destroyed the world and dried up the water) but no real edge. Yuusha Nep was pretty light hearted too.

>male CH protags can't into romance
Io and Alex say otherwise.

Attached: The man who wields a Vibrator.png (900x1348, 278K)

>(You) NTR Eryn from fang
wtf

The male cast has them too

Do any of the other witches get CG like this?

Is Compile Heart actually a good developer?

Yes

No, this is one of the earliest CGs as Zephy(MC) gets beaten by a Dragon and is on the verge of death. Minessa saves him by sharing her blood. Turning him into a witch(including the whole dragon that will someday eat through your stomach part). It looks romantic but when you know what being a witch entails it's pretty terrifying.

You don't know what 異世界 means.

かっこいい

yeah
they never gave up despite falling on the face multiple times and keep it real

Attached: 1491746009510.jpg (2000x2750, 2.91M)

Attached: log me out.png (306x162, 38K)

I enjoy their games a lot, enough to import them from Japan. It's not everyone's taste but they come up with some really interesting mechanics and game concepts. People shit on them because their early games were bad but they've been constantly improving and its really nice to see what kinds of ideas they'll try next. 7 Pirates was one of the most interesting games I played all because a simple thing like Breast Expansion turned into a very unique take on leveling and stat distribution. Its a company I see as trying new things all the time regardless of success. They didn't just try something new and when it flopped ran away and just making safe games for the rest of their existence. They just keep trying whatever crazy, bizarre and odd ideas they come up with. Success or failure they don't quit or give up.

*blocks your path*

Attached: nathat.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

For a middle-sized company I'd say yes
I don't get where all the sudden hate for neptunia games comes from really, given it's their flag franchise

>MEME HUMOR REEEEEEEEEE

I don't like Edgy Compile Heart
Nep 2 Conquest ending was pushing it

t. baby

I love edgy CH
I loved Trillion and Mary Skelter, hell I wish there was a nep game that expanded upon a post-Conquest Ending Gamindustri

Attached: 1539141848974.jpg (820x1135, 390K)

>i-its not a moege we swear
>all playable characters are cute girls
Why is ch incapable of inserting moeshit into every single one of their games

>They didn't just try something new and when it flopped ran away and just making safe games for the rest of their existence
They do make safe games, just in a different way. Their low budgets and sales expectations let them do whatever they want, and Neptunia's larger sales gives them a cushion to fall back on. It's really hard for a Compa game to flop because they're not intended to sell a lot to begin with.

Its their style. They actively enjoy making the games. The character designers love making the girls. The fans enjoy the games. What more could they want?

I'd play a CH moege.

Would I enjoy this game if I have a ryona fetish?

I dont think the edgy stuff works with neps, but standalone edgy CH is really good

I hope you also like guro. If you don't then fuck no.

I'd argue a game like this will benefit alot from a traditional jrpg party composition

Why do you think that?

Harem?

Attached: 1412026901593.jpg (3036x1648, 1.35M)

Planning to get this game.

Been playing Neptunia VIIR and I'm honestly questioning some of the changes. Like why the fuck do you have to buy skills with money? Also, the Plan system feels kind of obtuse compared to the Re;Birth games. I especially hate how the effectiveness of gear is dependent enturely on RNG, while the Disk system was nerfed to shit. There are some cool parts, but I feel like a lot of the changes are a miss.

Is Death End at least less obnoxious than this?

When will these two stop fucking around and give us the PC version?

Attached: 1540542964614.jpg (3843x2178, 2.53M)

Hell of a lot less obnoxious. VIIR was them testing a new possible battle system for Nep. It wasn't received well. Death End feels a hell of a lot better and with better mechanics. You don't have any of the plan bs nor gear being RNG dependant. There isn't anything like the disc system but in its place you have the knockback system and field bug mechanics as well as hacking the game(changing genres and hacking the field to give you advantages).

>huke
Is this from Dead end?

Yep, he got brought on to do the antagonist's designs. Nanameda Kei(Mary Skelter, Trillion) did the protags, side characters and enemy designs.

Well, if nothing else I can appreciate experimentation.

Yea Forums has a ton of resetera faggots around.

How long? How much of it is a VN? Does it feel like some of the BAD ENDs are there just to make you replay stuff/pad it out? I love anime edge, how edgy is it? Does the combat hold up because the knocking enemy stuff actually looks fun.

Compile Heart past few years non-nep game tier list

Top:
Mary Skelter
Death end re;Quest

High:
Trillion

Mid:
Mary Skelter 2
Dragon Star Varnir

Mid-Low:
Seven Pirates

Low:
Arc of Alchemist

It's about time they stop fucking around and release the next mainline Nep game though

Attached: 竜星のヴァルニール_20181.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

>It's about time they stop fucking around and release the next mainline Nep game though
they might, they are announcing something big soon

>How long?
Don't really remember but it was around normal Nep game length >How much of it is a VN?
About 50/50 split since you have Arata's parts which are VN sections for the mystery and conspiracy plot.
>Does it feel like some of the BAD ENDs are there just to make you replay stuff/pad it out?
During VN scenes you can save at anytime including when you have to make a choice. The only one's that'll fuck you are if the party say you should hurry and you then turn around to go save your game. It'll feel fair and it stops you from being able to save during bad end sections so you can't save yourself into an infinite loop.
>I love anime edge, how edgy is it?
Written by the Corpse Party writer. The bad ends are incredibly descriptive and full of fucked up content. If you like gorey edge its great. There's also a lot of conspiracy theroy and occult stuff so if you like that it's also great.
>Does the combat hold up because the knocking enemy stuff actually looks fun.
Yes, knockback is a lot of fun. TriAct is also a really enjoyable system that feels like a natural evolution to turn-based combat.

>Forgetting Castle Panzer
blasphemy
DengekiFes will give us new Nep mainline, they've all but confirmed that's the main announcement. This is also the same event we got MS2 and Yuusha announced last year.

> repent zoomers.jpg

>Compile Heart/Idea Factory
>without a doubt the best thing they’ve ever produced
Nuh uh

>Forgetting Castle Panzer

It's on my 'to play when I get some free time' list but keeps getting put off. Also I just know that the day I buy it it's gonna become a free PSN+ game the next month. Oh well, will get to it sooner or later

Thanks, sounds pretty awesome overall. I heard it was dark before but it's hard to tell if that's just marketing before people actually get their hands on it. Glad to hear it lives up to it's reputation, and yeah, edge, gore, occult and all that is right up my alley. I might have to pick this up tomorrow.

You really have to play it user, it's way better than a Genkai Tokki game has any right to be. Hirano's back at the top of his game. Sugita's chemistry with the new MC(and surprisingly Riddle) is great. Alex has some solid voice acting that really stands out.
>Gets caught with the loli in his bed by Sharron
>She's pissed and ready to murder him
>instead of going for the standard "This is all a misunderstanding please don't hurt me" lines, he gives one of the best given up on life/dead pan lines.
It's very worth while. Gameplay is much better than you'd think for a GT series game especially after 7P's lack luster battle system.

Fair enough to think it's just marketing since it does sound too good to be true but its legit. Hope you enjoy the game user.