I don't wanna say this is the greatest dpad of all time, but it's definitely in the top 3

I don't wanna say this is the greatest dpad of all time, but it's definitely in the top 3

Attached: 3102700-ps+vita+dpad.jpg (530x353, 26K)

who the fuck calls a controller a dpad?

Where does the saturn dpad rank for you?

I wanna say it is the greatest dpad of all time because it is.

They blew it by not having l2 and r2, touch pad sucks balls, at least the analog sticks feel good

if the actual physical dpad didnt feel like it was floating on jelly id agree

What, it's the d-pad as in the directional pad, the controller would be the whole thing, sticks, buttons and all, this is just one piece of the controller, so saying controller would not tell me what part he's specifically talking about.

Only tried this on ds4, but
>try to walk left
>jumps left
fucking fake one button

This is the real best dpad

Attached: nds-207.png (1382x1382, 934K)

It's completely different

I'm still upset they were stupid enough not to add physical L2/R2 buttons.

Attached: YIKES.jpg (689x720, 297K)

Since when were those called dpads?

What do you call it?

You are but a little baby. Watch this.

Attached: 1531133527951.png (1024x1024, 343K)

Since 1982 you shit

That's not a big issue, because l3 and r3 are still missing. Worst thing is that you can't select if you want those buttons to be on the back panel or touch screen in ps4 remote play. And it has the most random setup ever. Some games have all 4 buttons on the back, which is perfect if you have a hori grip thing to simulate the buttons, some have all on the touchscreen, some have two on the back and two on the low/up touchscreen.
Is there one without bluetooth? I literally don't see a reason to buy a second dualshock, but this one looks promising. Can you use vita as a gamepad btw?

im not sure

About hori gamepad or vita as a controller? From what i got you can use vita as remote controller while it shows picture on it and use ps4 controller at the same time as a second controller, that's too weird.
>don't see a reason
I mean, there aren't much games that have couch playing option except some fighting, racing and 2d platforming games.

up down left right? what else?

Oh so you're retarded got it

I call the d pad now, before that i was calling those arrow buttons like on pc.

For some games it works, but yeah, they should have had small ball L2 and R2 hidden somewhere in there.

The D-Pad is really satisfying to use.

I have this. I think it's great but it's still a mark below the Saturn and Vita D-Pads, and also a bit under the Neo Geo CD/Pocket Color's microswitch stick

Has there been a controller to rival the Vita's dpad 8 direction-clickiness?

I want one for my PC, this would be amazing in fighters and platformers.

I can't believe you've gotten this far in life not knowing that "d-pad" was the term for that particular four button group. I'm flabbergasted.

Attached: 1487144301706.png (217x190, 55K)

You're stupid.

The Vita's D-Pad is the closest possible to perfection were it not for the fact that it's too small, if it were a tiny bit bigger it would be unarguably the best D-Pad of all time.

Attached: 1549222326172.png (136x129, 4K)

Saturn > SNES > 3DO > Xbox Elite sry faggot

First Post Most Retarded Post

There's homebrew that let's you remap some of the buttons in remote play but you need enso for it

This, absolute kino taste

DualShock 2, DS3, and PSP dpads are the best. DS4 and Vita dpads suck but they're still better than most others; everyone sucks off Nintendo dpads especially but they're awful.

Absolutely garbage taste

Hot opinion - Nintendo d-pads are getting worse with every generation.

Attached: 1305189611768.jpg (393x393, 60K)

It was designed to be hold by Japanese hands, so midgets

you mean correct opinion

>Hot opinion
That's a fact

Yeah they got so bad that they forgot to even give the switch a d pad.

On vita itself? I have enso, you need to hack ps4 as well?

I mean, ds lite/wii/wii/3ds have identical d pads. Ds one is good, so is wii u, but d pad on 3ds and wii mote is not so good because of it's location. Switch is the worst tho, cause it doesn't even have one.
Hard to say. I like the clickiness on vita and ds4, but i don't know if it's better or worse than previos d pads/psp d pad. Psp buttons got stuck in place after some time tho