Doom does it still hold up?

Doom does it still hold up?

Attached: image.png (1920x1080, 864K)

BOOM BOOM BOOM death is at the door dad

It was always shit

Literally more fun than any shooter released in the last five years

DOOM > Brutal Doom >>> Doom

Attached: 1546327358798.png (600x600, 531K)

yes
t. doodguy

More or less. The lack of proper aiming is just annoying and really limits the skill ceiling of the game, though.

Of course it does, dude! I mean, have you played Brutal Doom? So fucking epic, the only true way to play the game.

Attached: 1519185826527.gif (100x100, 21K)

yes
>The lack of proper aiming
zoom zoom

> failing to understand that DOOM most likely would have had proper aiming if it wasn't for technical limitations
> everyone i disagree with is a zoomer
yawn

This is bait

it's the perfect game, it will never not hold up

Attached: based_doomguy.jpg (647x373, 93K)

>failing to understand
It's you who is ignorant here and they could have had a Y axis for aiming but made a concious decision not to because of the viewport warping you can see in the build engine games.

> It's you who is ignorant here and they could have had a Y axis for aiming but made a concious decision not to because of the viewport warping you can see in the build engine games.
You literally just admitted they couldn't properly implement full aiming freedom because of technical limitations you retard.

you are one stupid fucker

what?

Nails gameplay and wrote the textbook on how to do good level design.
Look up Romero's 8 rules of level design.

>DOOM is better than Doom

Which one?
Because both DOOM 1993 and DOOM 2016 uses all caps in the name.

I dunno what you imply by including Doom without saying what it is or where it's from.

always

Attached: doome1m3.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

no. mazes are not good level design. most of doom is backtracking in an empty level after you killed all the monsters. look for key, look for button, look for door, in random places. extremely boring and does not hold up today.
a lot of people lie to themselves though and try hard to enjoy it because they feel like they have to. doom is important history but the cult around it is ridiculous.

why the fuck are you playing like that

>That absolutely terrible play

Dear god man. Didn't even kill the Spectre.

user you're replying too is too pridefull to admit being wrong,
or just retarded/baiting.
Don't bother

Blood is better

Both are kino

I’m gonna be honest with you, since John Romero (one of my favorite and badass people) said trans right in a Donkey Kong stream (and the following fan art), feels pretty lame imo.
This is me being bigoted or have lost a bit respect for him?

Attached: E8E2763B-9874-48A2-A70B-7B82B21942C4.jpg (640x447, 58K)

of course

Attached: 1524550393624.gif (519x283, 1.12M)

He said trans right with that reaction image??

Fucking braindead gameplay

Absolutely, still the finest first person shooter ever made.

What did you expect? John Romero is a dumb boomer.

holy fuck thats awesome

Attached: 1549737828479.jpg (670x531, 44K)

>hear doom engine is free
>want to make game
>harder than i thought it'd be

you know for all the talk about modding doom you'd think the tutorials would be better

Attached: images (12).jpg (640x480, 56K)

fix your hud scaling
cringe
>freelook
yikes

Attached: Acerola-Orion.webm (896x504, 2.86M)

Modding doom is pretty easy, making an iWad from scratch in the original engine is a bitch. Start off by making some levels and hacking apart guns from realm667

Dusk is more similar to Quake but I really enjoyed it. The one thing I disliked was that the weapon variety was kind of limited although they still feel really good.

Yeah man you're shit

speaking of old fps how do i get gud at Blood.

Forgot pic, also the bosses are kinda lame. Level design is great though.

Attached: dusk saw.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

the tools should be drag and drop simple by now

i've looked into it and i'm pretty sure it'd be easier to bash something together in unity

yee.
although it is NOT the greatest fps ever made.
Doom fags who say that are like OoT fags, they look at its place in history rather than how well its held up. but luckily, doom has held up just fine, did a completley vanilla run with no freelook a few months ago and it was still fun.
Quake is better though

Beautiful doom > smooth doom > chocolate doom > brutal doom