I've never played an MGS game, what am I in for?

I've never played an MGS game, what am I in for?

Attached: 220px-Mgs3box.jpg (220x310, 37K)

Being locked out of content due to the servers being down.

The best one. Just don't take the plot too seriously.

Normally I'd rec newcomers to play in release order starting with MGS1, but w/e.

Attached: 1364735135194.gif (418x334, 552K)

What a thrill

Is release order important? I have them all downloaded already so I could start wherever

WHAT A THRILL . . .

someone asks what to expect from their first game in the MGS series and youre dumb ass goes and bitches about it not having online

>Is release order important?
Only if you're really interested in the story. It also helps you better appreciate the evolution in series gameplay over the years and ofc there's tons of little things here and there you'll miss out on if you skip games

Play the games in order.

Don’t indulge with memes, enjoy the game as it is

Tree frog

Attached: 1551114048036.gif (511x512, 106K)

You aim by lightly holding down on the button. I realized this like 10 hours into the game.

This is the only time i kek'd at a clown post. Well done

Same. I ended up just LMG blasting my way through the game, which drove my friend watching nuts. Kek.

definitely play the games in order, unless you want to experience the story in chronological order. MGS is basically star wars when it comes to each games plot, the order being;

MGS3
MGS Peace Walker
MGS Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain
Metal Gear (I think this was for the NES or Nintendo or some shit)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
MGS The Twin Snakes
MGS2
MGS4

Revengance isn't canon. Metal Gear Survive doesn't even deserve to be mentioned on Yea Forums but someone has got to let you know that.

>MGS is basically star wars when it comes to each games plot

Attached: 1550892584283.jpg (693x588, 354K)

Did you also get the one that he screams while he shoots and just go to town for the last act?

Rich people don't play video games or watch star wars, so yes

MGS4 takes place in 2012, the next game in the series takes place in the 1980's. If you don't see the correlation with star wars than you ignant beyatch

Well, Kojima isn't called the George Lucas of Vidya for nothing.

Attached: 1381373253109.jpg (436x640, 36K)

I was told to play the games in release order. I would recommend doing it man. The first game has terrible controls so if you want there's no shame in cranking it down from normal to easy difficulty to get used to everything. It's frustrating but you'll be fine, you're in for an awesome story even if you only know a portion of what actually happens. The way you interact and are part of the story makes it one of my favorite games. There's a fan-made PC port of the first that's really good that ups the framerate and fixes up the controls for a pad, but if you can play it on PS1/2/3 thats the OG way. Apparently the "remake" on gamecube has mixed feelings. I played the original using the PS3 (the MGS collection) in 2014 and I think it's my favorite story told in a game, period. No nostalgia blindness MGS 2 improved on the controls in every way and arguably and it's a great way to subvert your expectations. It's my least favorite of the traditional games but it's still GOOD. MGS 3 is played after. That's the best of the series in terms of gameplay. THere's so much crazy shit you can do. Play peacewalker (theres a remastered/HD version) if you want to play V. Play 4 after 3 if you have a PS3. 4 is a really fun game but it's got inconsistencies /changed lore elements/shakey twists but it's FUN. If you like the series, 4 is like the ultimate fan-game sendoff. It's skippable but if you have a PS3 or can emulate it's not worth passing up. I never beat V.

Why do you say MGS3 is the best in terms of gameplay? If I had to make a list I'm sure there's a dozen or more things you can do in V than 3. That doesn't even go to mention the replay value V has and you don't even have to start a new game to experience that.

thanks user

Attached: 1547502216065.gif (231x239, 1.56M)

>The first game has terrible controls
Yet MGS3 is worse with it's terrible camera. More often then not you rely on audio warnings because the camera is aiming down on the top of your head. Graphics are green, black and brown 100% of the time.

Get Subsistence. You'll thank me