When did it happen to you Yea Forums?

When did it happen to you Yea Forums?

Attached: 9058DBEF-5EA9-4DCD-AA4A-A7D3417C734A.jpg (512x384, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eKl6WjfDqYA?t=66
youtu.be/FpPSF7-Ctlc
youtu.be/VWoIpDVkOH0
merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/when-to-use-then-and-than
youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqJitqNI
youtube.com/watch?v=r9lmepH9STs
youtube.com/watch?v=cINCpURy-sI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fortnite and battle royals.

Seeing Early Zoomers nostalgic for 2007-2012, saying things like "In my day we had Minecraft and icarly, not Jake Paul and Fortnite", "2008-2014 was the golden age of music", "Adventure Time ending marks the end of my childhood." Just a few years ago, that Late 00s-Early 10s stuff was widely considered the downfall into shit era.

Attached: 1549140706380.jpg (740x892, 110K)

Dominating genre of Vidya shifting from mascot platformers to shooters

Sneedio games

Exactly this

>Adventure Time ending marks the end of my childhood." Just a few years ago, that Late 00s-Early 10s stuff was widely considered the downfall into shit era.
See, Adventure time is important to my personal timeline, but not quite the same way.
Adventure Time was the moment things started turning to shit.
Adventure Time was this perfect mixture of some of the good stuff I was with, but then also introduced me to the shitty stuff I see now. It wasn't childhood ending, I definitely feel like it ended quite some time before, but Adventure Time was the first time I really felt "out" of it.

Also this. I was on-board with shooters up to Halo 2, then I was out.

When I stopped having time for vidya anymore

Also

Attached: 1350681147022.png (669x627, 48K)

When MOBAs got big. That was when I was no longer the target audience of anything and no one gave a fuck what i wanted.

Almost all of that was my shit.

Minecraft after creative update.

MOBAs for me

SNEEED

I forget when but it was some years ago when I was playing some CoD game with my friends and thinking the whole time that it was boring and something like an updated perfect dark would be way more fun

Zoomer faggot

When DLC, season passes and unlock treadmills became expected, and games became work rather than fun.

Not being with it is better though, because I'm having lots of fun with the other losers off in the corner with my weirdo racing sims and indie games.

Attached: bara of thumbs up.png (707x707, 239K)

Stay mad.

This.
I can pinpoint it for me, it's when things went to the loadout shooter.
The free-range shooters, where you have to find shit in the level to use, I was on-board with. The more Counter-Strike like games where you had to buy your weapons, I was on-board with. Loadout shooters just killed me for some reason.

Sometime in the 7th gen, hard to pinpoint the exact moment. Probably 2008-09 if I had to hazard a guess.

Just recently is when I really felt it hit me. All the games I'm excited for are games no one else wants. I think the most "it" thing I've even been interested in lately is probably Spellbreak. Which just seems kind of cool even if it is BR trash

No joke, I cannot get into CSGO, Siege, Dota, LoL, or Fortnite. The lack of dedicated servers and the obsession with rankings completely confounds a boomer like me. Games used to be about community and just messing around, not performing for some kind of audience or trying to make a career out of playing. Granted, e-sports has been a thing for decades but now everyone in their teens and 20s seems to seriously believe that they'll be the next star.

Attached: 1540622859054.jpg (888x900, 126K)

>CSGO
>lack of dedicated servers

dota has dedicated servers my man

>not even trying to be vidya related

Attached: sample-1818ceb43ac7c6cf431a19045f141189.jpg (930x1000, 146K)

I have never followed trends so I don't give a shit. No I'm not a hipster either, I just do what I want. Suck it oldies.

I'm not mad at you.
I just pity you.

Never, I was always out in my little world. I think for about 1 month I was not only in sync with other people my age, but was popular. Even got to hang out with the most popular girl in school (she was supposed to be hot but always thought her face looked like hardened clay). Then had surgery and I was out of the loop again.

Attached: 1497423961852.gif (384x288, 2.66M)

The battle royale genre. I loved pretty much every fad until this

>being with the in crowd
>ever
Its all the same shit, you just grew up. I never understood the appeal of the sims in the 90s, I never understood the appeal of minecraft in the 00s, I never understoof the appeal of OW and fortnite in the 10's. Like what you like you dumb faggot, not everything has to cater to you. If you feel like everything is diminishing, its more than likely that youve just been over exposed and burned out from constantly doing your hobby for literal decade. Pick up another hobby and let some games build up for you. I alone have like 20+ games I need to get around to just because I'm busy doing other shit, and because of this I never feel this effects of this doom and gloom bullshit you fags keep complaining about.

Battle Royale. I'm genuinely out of the loop of why people liked this boring ass genre. At least I can enjoy Apex Legends since it's a watered down Titanfall.

Same. I've tried but I just can't seem to have fun with them.

I still don't know what the fuck yeet means after having it described to me on many occasions over a very long time now.

When it became clear that Esports competition and shitty Microtransactions were more important to developers than making a fun game.

Attached: 1537559614226.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

realizing that the children who grew up with PewDiePie are old enough to post on this site.

I'm honestly surprised how quickly I fell out of popular culture. Figured I'd at least get three, four decades in the know. Maybe it's just the internet, but I'm already out of college and seem to be constantly behind.

7th gen.

I don't believe there are any in Siege and that's largely what killed it for me. Players take the game way too seriously even when it's not a ranked match. Nothing worse than a tryhard who seems to get angry that they're not going to reach plat. You're not special when thousands of other players are there as well.

For the games that do have dedicated servers, the vast majority of the community seems to lean hard towards either matchmaking or ranked play. People getting furious over ladder seasons is nothing new, but I'm honestly embarrassed for anyone who gets genuinely upset over their rank slipping in games like Overwatch or the ones I mentioned earlier.

Attached: 1540711736119.jpg (1080x1214, 226K)

I think it may be because of this:
>Free-range (arena) shooter
>Know what weapons you want
>Try to get those weapons
>Gameplay happens around trying to get best weapons and control map
>Emergent moments when you get that rail gun and 360 noscope some kid with it
>Every game, while following a general strategy and flow, feels different since you have to obtain your weapons while everyone else is trying to do the same

>round based buy shooters
>can't just start with that you want
>have to plan your loadouts
>meta game around optimal buy/save rounds
>meta game around optimal buys depending on round
>risk/reward gameplay based on what you buy

Loadout shooters don't feel good because every game starts out the same. Yes, it's more "balanced" but it's boring. I think people are starting to get sick of the loadout shooter because it's just so fucking boring to start with everything every match. I think this is why BR has really taken off.

>BR Shooter
>Offers customization in weaponry and/or loadout
>Risk/reward gameplay when deciding where to land and when you should engage later on
>Every game plays out differently due to loot drops, where you and others land, and where the circle goes
>Has cosmetic based progression systems

I think those reasons are why BR has become so popular lately. Shooters like UT and CS are just too dated for most people now.

>out of college
wew imagine being curmudgeonly while being this young
oh wait everyone is like that to try and appear more mature

Around the time of overwatch.

Attached: 1541213698708.png (500x562, 391K)

I tried playing Fortnite, and god was I so fucking bored, I swear spent hours running around doing nothing not even feeling the need to shoot anyone.

It honestly makes me appreciate the smaller maps shit like Golden Eye or Turok had

Attached: 1534700727197.png (373x625, 380K)

I'm kinda nostalgic for these things and I was born in 93. I think it's because after 2012 things went to shit even my friends say the world ended in 2012.

see I didn't like apex legends because it wasn't boring enough.

Pubg was fun despite on a technical level being shockingly executed because of the pacing, you start off very relaxed, it's a good time with your friends selecting a place and landing, finding stuff, then the intensity gradually ramps up and ramps up until you hit the fever pitch of the final circle where literally nowhere is safe to be.

something I don't think that is talked about enough with BR games is the skinners box effect of the randomness of loot and landing your luck, whenever you have a bad game, a bad spawn, bad luck, for whatever reason your reaction is often "well the next one will be better" rather than "fuck this."

Because games that go super well in BR are very rare they're all the more coveted.

A generational disconnect isn't exclusive to being middle-aged or elderly. Nothing about that post was curmudgeonly. It's not a stretch to say that fads seem to come and go much more forcefully than they used to because of the Internet.

>this projection

I hate life and want to go back, not putting up a front in any way.

Animal Crossing fandom post-2013

Attached: anguishedACwojak.png (882x800, 23K)

This is why I found Fortnite boring too. Your kills don't even matter, you can just hide it out until the there's 2-3 of you left.

Sounds rough I'm 28 and still enjoying things for now
It's not like the only choices are AAA mainstream or nostalgia trips

I WANT to be as far away from what zoomers consider 'it' as I possibly can.

Attached: D0HEhY1V4AEAObU.jpg (1080x607, 163K)

Right now. Goodluck zoomers you gonna miss all this shitposting til this site gets kill.

It's the internet. Information is shared too quickly now and it especially hits Yea Forums fags because we used to be the weird fags that lurked the internet when 90% of normalfags just used it for email and other dumb shit. We used to be on the cutting edge of memery and in depth game discussion because all the weird yet interesting fucks used to lurk here. They still do, but its spread out now. Normalfags caught up with memeing and grew desensitized to the rude and crude behavior that once safeguarded this place, so now we're left with a weird cesspoll of normalfaggots trying to pretend they are something they arent. We dont have interesting topics any more because most of the userbase now consists of boring normal faggots rehashing the same boring shit because they are creative or weird enough to come up with anything else. And the ones that are like that feel isolated and disheartened because all OC is met with "cringe" shit.

I just wish social media never took off. Or at least waited a few more years. I'm so tired of this 11 layers of irony shit you see everywhere. I want to talk about vidya without sifting through fucking wojacks and pepes, not because I'm offended or any other dumb shit, but because its fucking boring and canned.

youtu.be/eKl6WjfDqYA?t=66

Attached: colonel.png (135x196, 54K)

I still enjoy lots of games and try out new stuff all the time, but you can still feel disconnected from what seems to be popular these days.

You never saw something like Hamilton or Westworld or Black Panther and thought "what's all the fuss about?" You can still enjoy something and still feel like you're lost since everyone else seems to be hyping it up so much more.

When I bought a stack of two year old gamepro magazines from the library discard pile and didn't enjoy a lick of it.
>multiplayer games taking precedence
>phone games getting popular
>social media being integrated into games (this is the biggest one, fuck account-based social media platforms)
>genres I like dying out or becoming shittier despite improving the graphics
>small DLC becoming an expected thing
>mtx becoming normalized
Only the DS brings back good memories here. 90% of my time then was in a library, and since I'm dirt poor, most of my video game exposure came from reading the odd Nintendo Power here and there.
Grew up with a Genesis, went
>Genesis/Windows
>GBA
>Xbox (used, got it far past Xbox live shutting down)
>Wii
>3DS/emulators on PC

>30 soon
theres been ups and downs but i still find some new games fun, but i mostly play older shit inbetween droughts

exactly 2013

That was always the case though, you didn't like soulja boy dancing or FIFA/NFL either

postopia, lego, cartoon network and disney channel were my childhood visits

This pretty much
I obviously remember the DS and Wii and I've played Minecraft but not even remotely nostalgic for any of it

Attached: 1526025134794.gif (452x360, 125K)

MOBAs and I guess battle royale games now. I don't keep up with new releases the way I used to, I mostly just play old games on emulators and Street Fighter now. I've been playing maybe three new releases a year at most.

Yea, this. It isnt anger or resentment or anything like that that kills me. It's the apathy.

Around the time Social Justice and bans for being "disrespectful" became popular.
I don't understand it.
Do people think that staying wrong forever is preferable to being told that problems exist?

I was also never into Pogs or Minecraft or iCarly or any of that stuff in my first 20 years of my life, but everyone reaches a point where so much of it piles up that you feel like you can't keep up rather than making a conscious decision to ignore things that you're not interested in.

Are you enjoying Hollow Knight?

Well yeah your brain wasn't in a formative state
youtu.be/FpPSF7-Ctlc

I did enjoy it when it came out but i finished it pretty quickly. It was decent.

When they introduced Grand Exchange to Runescape in 2007

Attached: 0274b87167c43cb6d6816e56c0646e16.jpg (555x619, 54K)

at this rate I feel like it's hard to not "be with it" anymore. zoomer culture is centered on the internet, which is just a melting pot of like 10 websites at this point all reposting the same shit. people are so uninvested in anything in general, it's more about doing the same thing as everybody else. I know a lot of people who talk about apex all the time and how it's their favorite game but they act amazed whenever I party up with them and get more than 4 kills a round or something. I secretly hope there are some other sites like Yea Forums was 10-15 years ago where the stuff you'd see on here was niche shit several years ahead of the mainstream.
posted while I was writing pretty much sums up how I feel perfectly. isn't even necessarily like the stuff the ai in mgs2 talks about although that is another valid avenue of complaint, but the internet might as well not even be divided into different websites these days.

Attached: 1524183089703.png (499x625, 232K)

HOT TAKE:

Mighty Beans > Pogs

Formerly it.

I was never with it in the first place.

There was a brief month when I saw a Homie in a coin machine and made it my personal mission to collect every single one that was ever made. I wasn't old enough to understand that there are literally hundreds of those things.

Funny enough, I got frustrated so quickly as a kid that it turned me off the idea of "collections" to this day. Still respect other people who do it with toys or trading cards or whatever they're into, but I definitely don't have the patience for that.

I don't know what your endgame is, but keep posting

Attached: the pain.gif (500x730, 471K)

I went into a Discord the other day for the first time. The more I observed the more it seemed to me at first glance the 'people' in there were 4channers but it started to eventually unravel and it began to feel like these were merely imitators, disingenuous pretenders or full-blown pod-people like facsimiles meant to blend in with the real thing, that these were in fact the same kind of scum who never understood what the site was about, had no taste or principle in anything beyond what was trendy, could only express themselves through smugness and irony. It was then that it occurred to me fully that the Yea Forums that acted as a haven to me for the past 15 years against all the cancerous seepage from places like Gamefags, Deviantart, etc had finally been breached; not yet defeated but now infiltrated by the enemy, and what was once a strong fortress was now contested and being fought over between the old guard and the new invaders.

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 511K)

Born mid-90s, nostalgic for early 00-mid 00s master race.

Attached: UCC0MyE.png (681x698, 670K)

It's literal nonsense people yell when they lob/throw something through the air, how is this hard to understand

I've been here since 2007 or 2006. There was a time when I was laughed at for being new. It's finally sinking in that I've been here for over 10 years.

Attached: 1547036067915.jpg (900x600, 104K)

When it comes to collecting I like to take it slow instead of frustrating myself with getting copy after copy

Most non-anonymous internet is disturbing because they're shitty to each other even without the masks on

>postopia
nice

yeet = reckless, careless throw
kobe = accurate throw

Gamefags wasn't so bad.

Attached: LUEshi.jpg (300x300, 56K)

that's true and always has been for places like Gamefags, it's hilarious they tear into each other just as much as Yea Forums only ALL of it is for dick-waving and often to prove who's the biggest (pseudo) intellectual
Discuck though is either retards rambling into dead air and being ignored for hours or complete circlejerking zoomers ass patting each other for garbage opinions

>I'm so tired of this 11 layers of irony shit you see everywhere.
This so fucking much. You cant even fucking genuinely like anything any more without being met with a wave of fags trying to start some fanbase war or looking for the new TORtanic, trying to seperate everything into "chads" or what the fuck ever. I'm not a paranoid fuck, but sometimes it seriously feels like there is force trying to actively kill off individuality on here. Which is weird since we're user, but I cant shake it. Maybe it's just zoomers parroting normalfag culture which is destroying individuality in general as well. Fuck man, I dont even know what humanity is going to look like a few decades from now at this rate. I guess I'm getting old since I'm starting to get worried for other generations.

it was the fucking worst and many first generation Yea Forums users were direct migrants trying to get away

This was the most surprising thing to me about social media. People still act like dicks and say fucked up shit using their real names.

I grew up on alpha team and rock raiders

It's always been like that, just replace Discord with IRC.

Hell yeah Disney

Attached: Disney_-_Halloweentown.jpg (258x386, 28K)

Zoomers aren't nostalgic for that era, they're more nostalgic for the Hannah Montana/High School musical one.

to be honest I can't even act retarded on purpose on Yea Forums because I feel like despite it being anonymous, that's still my post and by extension a representation of me to other people

What happened was the internet being more accessible more than ever, your just being exposed to more different tastes than you were used to.

Until 2016, there was a part of me that still clung to the idea that Yea Forums is just filled with a special type of people and surely that kind of angry and intense behavior would never be normalized across the entire Internet.

Individuality is tied directly to eccentricity. Large collectives are naturally suspicious of eccentric behavior because they're always a sign that common norms are going to be violated. I thought that the Internet would make people naturally more empathetic to people with differing belief systems and social environments, but we just have large homogenous globs flinging shit at other homogenous globs.

Attached: 1549502257649.jpg (882x960, 150K)

The core of why BR games is successful is how random they are and how luck can factor in to it. There are lots of unfair fights. So if you drop near a really good player, you get a gun and he gets nothing, you can kill him. On the flip side, if you die you can blame it on getting bad drops or bad teammates, you never have to blame yourself.

There is a lot of research on how noobs like randomness and being able to blame other things. Plus they love getting cheap kills. If they kill someone with a crit in TF2 it was pure skill and when someone killed them it was a lucky noob who got a lucky crit. It lets them pretend they are the best.

Then factor in that the gaming industry was pushing towards eSports and competitive play. Shooters that are always 5v5 or 6v6. Shooters where you have to coordinate with your team. Shooters that shy away from randomness and try to push towards skill. They pushed too far and didn't leave much of a market for the noobs.

Then Battle Royale comes around, it is random as fuck. Good players can tilt the odds, but a noob is going to get lucky and get some kills. All those homeless CoD kiddies found a new home.

Same to an extent. I'll post stupid stuff sometimes when I'm bored, but there's a point where I feel guilty for posting something too stupid.

Dragon Age 2
Final Fantasy 13
Monster Hunter World almost got to the point where I don't recognize it as the MH I love anymore.

or maybe kids grew up

what I liked was always weird and scary anyway

Lootshooters are shit, but I still like modern games.

t. 30 year old boomer

Well theres always people of the older generation partaking in the newest fad so I dont really believe that.

Whenever the minecraft alpha/beta came out, and I decided I didn't get it.

those are always outlier, desperately clinging on to the notion that they are still "hip" and "with it" they'll literally try anything, even tattoo a dick onto their eyeball if kids deemed it "cool"

That sense of shame is simple human dignity. When people rely too heavily on large social groups for approval, they start to believe that they can say or do anything they want so long as enough people are there to say it's okay.

That's far, far worse than the kind of behavior you see with anonymity. Contrary to popular belief, the value placed on anonymity is much more effective at deterring horrendous behavior than a large angry mob wearing their own faces in public.

Attached: 1550859893572.jpg (500x588, 41K)

>still in my 20s
>have existential crisis every fucking day
>so many millions of years I won't get to see
>gene therapy nowhere near fast enough, going to end up on the lost forever side of immortality
I thought I would "mature" and come to terms with mortality but it's only getting more melancholy

Attached: 1528676183380.gif (500x280, 1.73M)

this, if you were into weird obscure shit from the very beginning anyway, shifts in popular culture have almost no effect on you, you were an outsider then and your an outsider now, for those kind of people, generational difference is probably the smallest

Same here. Unfortunately this also extends to responding to meaningless provocations. I should really learn to stop that.

When leveling systems became common after CoD:MW. Suddenly the game itself was not fun enough for people, everyone needed to show off how high of a level they were, the attachements they had that some low level players did not, and the skins they unlocked through boring, uninspired achievements.

You used to have to be good at a game to impress everyone. Now you just run around with ugly cosmetics and a meaningless number next to your name.

Attached: txtlingo.jpg (612x612, 91K)

The idea of living long enough to see another world war or a global catastrophe is far more disturbing to me than death. I'd rather leave when my time is up, no more and no less.

Truth. I spent a lot of time there before hearing about this weird Yea Forums thing.
I still have the LL bookmark in my topbar even though the site is nothing but a withered husk.

Just put it out of your mind user. You won't be able to tell how horrible death is when you're dead anyway.

when instagram started

but we can go back even further and to a lesser extent it was when the ipod first came out, and the first time I saw it I actually said out loud "it will never catch on"

Maybe I'm just getting old and out-of-touch, but I get a sense of dread about the world nowadays. Like it's all going to collapse into something horrible sometime soon.

As much as I despise zoomer culture, it really is our faults for not sharing our superior boomer culture with them and at least creating some sort of familiar synthesis between our tastes and their tastes.

But no, bitter faggots had to hunker down into the "muh no spoonfeeding" bullshit.

A treasure worth having is a treasure worth sharing and we didn't share our treasures, now the world is fucking shit because of it.

That's why I don't shy away from sharing old shit on here, because I want them to see that a better world DID EXIST and that they don't have to settle for the shit being fed to them now.

>I'd rather leave when my time is up, no more and no less.
I feel like that's just cope, though it's one I wish I had to stay a little more sane
Does it not seem a bit convenient to happen to want to die in just under a century?

What is it exactly that makes zoomers so loathsome?
From my experience dealing with them on /m/, which is infested with them, I can honestly say I have never encountered a more abhorrent generation of people with no actual love, respect or knowledge of any of the shit they claim to enjoy and literally hate all media from before Obama was elected.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1389x96, 36K)

Of course he's coping. The mortality is good trope is just a bunch of people jacking off at being cucked by death

I thought these people were just trolling.

getting banned for calling someone a faggot

I wonder how much the change in board culture and forums in general has to do with the wider age ranges posting on them. There were always some older people posting, but it seemed like it was mostly people who were teens around 2003. Now you still have teens posting here along with the older people (some new, some from the original group that never left).

Future people are going to be pretty horrified at our stockholm syndrome
It's like if we were just letting cancer happen and not even trying

I was raised to value fairness above all else. If my loved ones have already passed away, it doesn't feel right for me to live forever when they didn't get that chance. There is beauty in things ending, but this might not be an appropriate place to say more than that.

Attached: 1424543196883.jpg (382x500, 70K)

Cancer's been cured for years, but there's no real money in curing it. Same thing with AIDS and several other incurable diseases.

Minecraft. Just play with legos faggot. It was right around this time CN/Nick were releasing cartoons I just didn’t find interesting or funny. God I miss the early 00s.

dead people don't think
and all my pains exist because I think
death shall free me from this mortal coil

when myspace and bebo got big

I'm guessing it's too much data, the internet overloads them with options. So there's less incentive to go back and experience older stuff. Not true for all of them of course, I've seen some zoomers that play old games on emulators and enjoy them. But compared to my childhood where there was a more limited selection of games, then you go back and play older ones you missed. Seemed like there was a more unified culture of which games got played too. Now everybody has a backlog of hundreds of games.

mortality is good, though

Its the mentality you just posted. "I only watch/play shit that other people are watching/playing". It's like when an old person is proud that they cant operate a cellphone or a computer or whatever, but in reverse. They wear their ignorance like a badge of honor rather then one of shame, and its fucking infuriating no matter the age.

Not, by not hating on everything new that comes out.
t. 27

>If my loved ones have already passed away, it doesn't feel right for me to live forever when they didn't get that chance.
So you wouldn't want your children to live forever because you died? You'd want them to wither because you had to?

I'm 30 and still enjoy new stuff. It's just harder to keep up with.

I'd say I'm mostly still with it, don't like BRs or MOBAs but I can see why people enjoy it.

But I sure as fuck am not with today's mainstream music, I don't know how the hell anyone can enjoy what's being played on the radio nowadays, it all just sounds like shit to me.

Attached: 1550937092085.png (570x491, 659K)

based and arispilled

Born 90 here, and posting since 08. I'm glad I'm not alone. It worries me to think the wild west days of the net may soon be over. I am saddened for future generations who may never know the joys of lurking and posting ANONYMOUSLY and enjoying the fruits of free pirated content.

What freedom is left once this electronic world is tamed? Honest uncensored discourse will be impossible for the next generations.

Attached: 1551137363041.jpg (382x597, 64K)

then you're not with it

Their choice wouldn't be mine to make. I have no right to impose that kind of choice upon other people. What matters is that they either appreciate the choice (if it ever exists) or to see that there is nothing to fear about something that happens to everyone that we know.

How we choose to see the world now, with its flaws and limitations, is more important to me. It keeps me from being disappointed.

Radio was always shit

don't worry user, it all sounds like shit to me, too

Overwatch, Fortnite and Flossing. I still think the dance looks retarded.

Holy shit. Zoomers are literally just boomers with a younger skin. And we're the ones trapped in the middle. Suddenly it makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Attached: 1452851185732.jpg (599x407, 54K)

if you like this
youtu.be/VWoIpDVkOH0
then you're probably still with "it"
or maybe you just have shit taste

the name ZOOMER exists for a reason

But if everyone was like that it would never be cured. We need at least some of us to be raging against it, and bad things in general.

Fuck it, I'm going outside.

I guess I'm not with it.

what's after gen Z

you need your own badge of shame
merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/when-to-use-then-and-than

Nothing, only dust and cockaroaches

I think I just didn't want to see it and needed it spelled out to me to accept it.

Like, I get that I'm oldballs now, and I'm willing to accept the possibility that maybe that's the only reason I can't wrap my head around things like BR and ASSFAGGOTS games. But on the other hand, I absolutely refuse to believe that other forms of media aren't objectively shittier than they've ever been. Movies and especially music ARE worse than they were in decades past.

even if the technology was here next week, you won't be getting on that train, that's for multi-millionaires and beyond

then what am I supposed to call kids younger than zoomers

Millennials are so fucked. Gen-Z and Gen Alpha are probably hyper fucked too if we don't got the kikes and colonize space right fucking now.

Humanity will rot and die due to dysgenics if we let people like Ocasio-Cortez waste our resources on trying to make an infinite, growing population "equal"

fuckable

just Dustin Echoes

Welp. To my credit, it's late as fuck for me. But yea, you got me.

Maybe some things are worse, but we can only change what it's in our power to. Just do the best you personally can to make the world a bit better.
Lamenting about what we cannot change doesn't help anyone.

We need technological solutions, stuff that can't be censored or controlled. The problem I see though is that people are comfortable sticking to major sites and services. The loss of freedom is unlikely to affect them, so there's not enough incentive to leave. So you'd have to make a better service that's easier to use, while also being free.

I know
Then again immortal slaves means you don't waste productivity retraining new ones

Attached: 1544255815498.jpg (908x483, 68K)

You mean the ones that'll be raised by the extreme narcissists who make their kids trans and put them on hormone therapy and make them wear drag at age 8 for internet progressive points?

They're doomed.

When open world took off

Doomers?

I was on another website talking about netflix with a kid who didnt know what the word torrent meant...

Gen alpha technically.

But western society will 100% collapse or balkanize by then. The latter being the preferable option.

>Movies and especially music ARE worse than they were in decades past.
Both industries are actually better nowadays as a whole, its just that the stuff that gets mainstream attention is usually shit. Its much easier to look beneath the surface level stuff to find the things you really like compared to past decades.

I was never really with "it" man, I was just a fucking loser and still am.

You don't like todays music? how unique and special you are

Could work. Dunno if it'll take off though.

I miss small sites with unique looks. The internet feels too consolidated nowadays. It was like an adventure exploring things back in the day.

Eugenics will come back with a vengeance once designer babies are a thing so I don't really care about that branch of politics
Everyone will still pretend to be nice but will tick the boxes for white 6'6 9" high IQ

When Xbox 360 released and suddenly every game needed to have hyper realistic graphics.

already taken. Don't worry though, by the time that generation comes around boomer and zoomer shit will be a dead ancient meme

Attached: comwpf459on11.jpg (960x960, 92K)

When casual games started being a thing instead of devs just making games that happen to be fun and simple/easy/relaxing. It roughly correspond with the rise of smartphones. Fuck smartphones desu, they fucked up everything they touched.

I didn't care about trends one way or the other until they started dominating the entirety of the market and slowly killed off all the niche genres that I once enjoyed.

Attached: 687807.jpg (1200x720, 91K)

woops I meant this one

Attached: nJ3mj8N.jpg (1200x1200, 237K)

Early to mid 20s.

It's almost much tamer, much more corporatized. I remember how fun shit like Habbo Hotel and Second Life were back in the day. I saw VRchat and thought it might be a window back into that lost past. I thought we'd get to see stuff like Fort Longcat again. Instead all we get are memes beaten to death like ugandan knuckles and #wholesome vids about some kid with a kermit avatar talking about being homeschooled.

I fought a very severe case of this for about 3-4 months and I really understand, it just truly sucks. I dropped 2 classes and had to be a part time student because I just couldn’t deal with it. I would wake up and within a couple seconds the realization of death would hit me and my body would just implode. All I wanted to do was cry and lay around. Eventually I just realized that I had to get over it, and I just brute forced it by accepting the idea of faith. It was either that or drop out of college. I still feel it some days, but it’ll get better. If you’re a NEET, don’t just sit around, you need to do something during the day.

pbr is worse than piss, I have no idea how hipsters chug that shit

I agree. I also believe that people should be willing to accept loss, when it happens. There can be both.

Remember all those smug half-smiling internet intellectuals who always used to say shit like 'kids are smarter executives give them credit for'?
Gen Z sure proved those fuckers wrong ten times over. The absolute dumbest and most morally bankrupt generation in American history.

Attached: 1546200556929.gif (652x562, 626K)

>It's almost much tamer, much more corporatized
you can thank mobile phones for that. many websites are designed with phones in mind

a generation raised on internet memes
words cannot describe this horror

Remove the alcohol and cigarettes from this image and you get me. I also still hit the gym 5 days a week yet have given up on women and dating anyone in my age group.

Attached: 1455111857359.jpg (423x315, 67K)

I could see this happening but I don't think everyone will have access to it. China will probably become transracial and go 100% blonde aryan but they'll still be speaking chinese.

The good news is that if they actually are superior they'll probably help out the non-augmented humans a bit out of pity. They'll go on to create Gundams and colonize space and maybe bring some natural humans along in the same way people create wildlife preserves.

I felt the same seeing VRchat. Never got around to trying it and it looks like I missed its peak. By the time I get a headset I'm sure it'll be mostly dead.

>always buy a console several years into its life for cheap games
>finally got around to buying a ps4
>it has less games than ps3 somehow and they're all shit

Might as well buy a dreamcast at this point.

I think it has something to do with the fact that they are growing up in an ultra sanitized (kid friendly) version of what we grew up in.

Somehow puritans figured out how to neuter the absurdist,insane,vulgar humor we grew up with, market that shit and sell it as "normal". Every time I see people go D: at something like gutter oil in twitch chat I feel like calling them weak faggots.

I dunno, something about seeing people with such a low "offence threshold" gets my nuts in a twist.

When r9k went from funny or relatable greentext stories to whatever it is now

Same way people can chug natty lite, it's the least offensive beer you can drink

I don't really think we were any better they're just recorded and shared for all to see
I'm really glad my teen years aren't preserved online

At this point I don't want to kill myself, but I have accepted death as a viable alternative to living.

>The problem I see though is that people are comfortable sticking to major sites and services. The loss of freedom is unlikely to affect them, so there's not enough incentive to leave.

It's even worse than that. You try to explain freedom of speech, the value of privacy, the need for decentralisation, etc to these people and they don't even grap the base concept, let alone understand the issues or have an informed opinion. They just completely shut down for a few seconds then change the subject to some celeb, sport or anything that doesn't require higher thoughs.

Who's worse: Millennials or Zoomers?

Attached: 1532211986911.jpg (770x493, 83K)

As soon as the Rock Band and Guitar Hero phase left, I became a relic.

Popular culture is now something GLOBALLY defined. That means that pop culture has to be watered down even further to appeal to an even larger audience. It naturally makes it much more bland.

The trade-off is that a globally connected world creates a greater potential for niche communities to form of all kinds. Potential means nothing if we're not willing to create or preserve them.

I think it's a mix of both. They are more intelligent, but also more morally/socially inept due to lax (or Non-existent) parenting and growing up in the FaceBook generation

give zoomer a little more credit, the people doing the tide pod challenge were teenagers around age 12 to 16

Well if it did take off so would the gene therapy retroviruses and nanomachines to augment the rest
Live genes can be altered too and have been in mice already

Everyone is just dumpster tier really, all age groups

Same.
Except, there is a pretty based qt in my class at uni who has almost made me want to give up on giving up.
Halfway to doomer vibes, y'know?

>see the ice bucket challenge
>thinks it's dumb but harmless
>see the set yourself on fire challenge
>think it's dumb but surely no one will die doing it
>someone does
>figure the dumb challenge meme would end
>see the tide pod challenge
>think it's dumb but surely people aren't actually putting detergent pods in their mouths, have a biochemistry degree so know that the only reason detergent doesn't fuck us up is because our skin is really fucking good at protecting us
>also thought it was common knowledge that ingesting detergent leads to cell wall ruptures that cause a chain reaction leading to death of huge numbers of cells in the body
>see the videos of kids actually putting tide pods in their mouths
>see the story of the kid who bit into one and got detergent in his mouth, lungs, stomach and died an excruciating death
>give up on humanity, or at the very least the next generation of white kids who are gonna weed themselves out of the gene pool
The future is brown and it's not because of jewish conspiracies.

Attached: 1432591225935.jpg (914x672, 114K)

I think it's funny how e-sam represents my entire generation

Thankfully those types are not breeding so they won't represent gen Y for long

Attached: 9d02605fea7affdfd9255b8e3b9f10ea7a05c8cc_hq.jpg (1024x768, 51K)

>the people doing the tide pod challenge were teenagers around age 12 to 16
So mid-late zoomers?

To be fair they're going to die too, it's just that their deaths won't be the wasting sickness or the decay of age, but more the knife in the back, the faulty equipment failure leading to an explosion, or just lady luck giving them the finger. You can push the Reaper back, but that fucker has your number and he's getting his due someday.

Zoomers.
Millennials try, then give up when it gets hard.
Zoomers just don't try.

Yeah. Feels like a lot of stuff is now more polished in terms of production, but made to be bland and inoffensive.

well since we stopped naming the generations, the "zoomer demographic" is only going to get worse as time goes on because it's all encompassing

Yeah that or the heat death, still we've been dabbing on that nigger since we started treating wounds and cooking food. We just need to collectively learn that he is not our friend.

>I'm so tired of this 11 layers of irony shit you see everywhere
This a trillion times. Sincerity is fucking dead.

Attached: Doom8.png (1825x221, 75K)

Happened to me around about 2012.

I mean shit dude, I wish I was making the equivalent of $20 an hour out of highschool and only had to work 10 weeks of part time to afford college.

Late Millennials and Early Zoomers are practically the same thing.

I tasted a tidepod and I didn't die. It was gross though.

Also the future isn't "brown" there's just no future for leftist whites as only "racist" whites seem interested in working and starting families.

Brown people will continue doing what they've done for thousands of years- nothing of importance.

Attached: 1549394197664.jpg (625x910, 404K)

You articulate pretty well what I've been feeling for years. It feels like everyone's lives are running along the exact same grooves dug by social media and streaming entertainment. It's like simulacra social experience as surrogate for a real individual life. People will proudly recite the same opinions and none of it come from their own life experience. Even Yea Forums now is drained of its past creativity. I'm very greatful for the few real people I still know.

Attached: E0244EF1-9885-4B7D-966C-98EA3C83ACEF.jpg (1280x960, 98K)

I blame millennial parents. They essentially teach their kids to be cam whores and that the only way to be happy is to be zany and crazy on the internet. Look at how many kids are iPad babies because their parents are too lazy to look over them. The internet fucked me up when I was 12, but I had a sense of reason instilled because my parents where the good boomers. Millennials don't have a grasp on reality and assume everyone has some innate knowledge to not do dangerous stuff. If a kid sees movies and videos where people light themselves on fire and live, they think they can do the same thing because that's their only frame of reference.

Not sure about that. The cultural gap between a Late Millennial born in 93 and an Early Zoomer born in 98 is quite noticeable.

Streamers and YouTube game review ecelebs. You guys are faggots for watching that shit.

All dogs are just as fucking dumb

Provocation in place of actual discourse is what's killing Western culture.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqJitqNI

Not true.

RETURN TO TRADITIONALISM

Attached: 1550111360103.jpg (981x577, 217K)

you don't like survival of the fittest?
you don't like evolution?
humans live in cities with almost no predators there to hunt us, we'll only get smarter and smarter from this point on as the dumb ones get weeded out by "challenges"

>tfw no gf
That's when I started to hate the regulars here.

Objectively false

Stonetoss is shit. Same as any other strawman political comic, but this time it's /pol/ shit.

>I tasted a tidepod and I didn't die.
There's 2 sides in a tide pod. One is essentially scented oil. The other side is detergent. Not all detergent will fuck you up, but the highly concentrated detergent in a tide pod will cause instant cell death. Go ahead user. Give it a try. Come back and tell me how it goes.

I wouldn't worry about brown people if every single 1st countries government weren't trying their best to import a fuckload of them.

>tfw my brother who is 6 years younger than me was into this shit

Attached: 1530260683225.jpg (769x1078, 112K)

>'99
>thought I wasn't a zoomer
>caught up with the Jonses by occasionally buying the latest games
>only games interested on SNES/Genesis are Comix Zone, Voltman, and Super Castlevania IV
>use zoomer lingo

>you know share a board with people that participated in the tide pod challenge and survived
this is the world you chose

I came to Yea Forums in my high school years back in 2005. Needless to say this place shaped my adolescent and early adult years. It definitely shaped me into being an atheist after growing up in a Christian family. But now at 31 I see a world that has home insane and been torn to shreds by people deliberately intent on dismantling western civilization. My juniors are taught to despise it. I have no spiritual guidance, I have nothing greater to believe in, no entity somewhere I can hope will make it all right or whom I can even appeal to for guidance. I go to work, come home, masturbate several times, eat, go to sleep. I remain in a fog. I cannot go back on my beliefs, but at the same time I can understand why religion was the opitate of the masses in the first place. Where is the sense in any of this?

Attached: a97f3aed4c56f6ba212de7054f6f1479.jpg (564x824, 103K)

>I tasted a tidepod
>posting stonetoss
Found the zoomer.

My little sister down to a T, but I did love watching Phineas and Ferb with her.

There's a pretty wide and well documented intelligence gap among dog breeds.

Attached: 1540839355777.png (898x706, 1.13M)

The focus on esports, skins, and immersive story-focused games like TLoU is when I realized I was out of touch with everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9lmepH9STs

Generations before you were the same and they predicted that you would become like this

You seem to know a lot about him for someone who does nothing worth talking about

Attached: 1549953747260.png (625x605, 57K)

Honestly since Halo. Auto regen in shooters still feels wrong.

No user, we're not out of touch. It's the industry that's wrong.

I don't watch cartoons anymore
but during my trip to United states they don't play anything but reality TV shows there, so the only show I can watch during 9PM was TTgo

>I tasted a tidepod
Why isn't this user being absolutely torn to fucking shreds for being the exact kind of person that killed this site?

>for someone who does nothing worth talking about
Where did that come from? I know about him because it's posted here constantly.

Roblox.

Shit just seems like a breeding ground for pedos to pray on kids, made sure my nephews and nieces dont play it.

It's worse for me since I hate ALL story based games, and that gets me alot of ire from both western and weeb fans.

>what, you don't like 90 minute cutscenes in metal gear? you must clearly hate fun hurr durr

Give me a break.

The only escape is forced self improvement, and not the faggoty /pol/ kind. You have to create a sense of place for yourself in the world. There are many ways to do it, but it's a personal journey and one you'll have to figure out for yourself. Personally, I bought land in the mountains and have been living innawoods in a camper. It's bliss to me, exactly what I needed to do, just get away from it and live outside of a small town. Just remember, you don't have to do anything, but you can choose to do anything.

So your brother is a zoomer?

I mean seriously, what the fuck is you people's obsession with reality TV shows
it's literally on every channel

I didn't even realize it until very recently, but I'd have to place it at about the time the Dreamcast died. It occurred to me that the system still feels new to me, despite being dead for nearly two decades. I've played plenty of games on newer consoles since then, but they all feel like they exist within a single generation that followed the Dreamcast that just isn't as appealing to me.

What's funny is that irony was the predomient tone of literature after WW1. It's why Tolkien caught shit from his peers for how earnest LOTR was. So Zoomers aren't any different from those evil old white men from a century ago after all.

TTgo is honestly underrated. I liked old TT better, but from watching bits on TV in the morning it seems like an alright show. I can see why kids like it, especially compared to other modern cartoons.

I don't think I'm reasonably old enough yet to feel this way about anything. And neither should anyone else in their 20s.

Hopefully that means we get a new Tolkien out of all this.

After browsing Yea Forums since its inception, Yea Forums and Yea Forums seemed to finally succumb to the inception of /pol/ posters who seem to think that everything in the world resolves around a single political issue of their choice be it SJWs, Feminists, BLM, niggers, jews or whatever.

I found it amusing at first, some comedy hi-jinks at the expense of some idiots on the internet.... but then it never stopped. FeministFrequency which have struggled to maintain a concurrent userbase or subscriber count higher than a 12-year old cod footage uploader circa 2008 were massively outweighed by the sheer size of the youtube septic community eagerly awaiting the next video or dumb statement to be made so they can rant for 15 minutes.

It became a constant ongoing thing. Cringe threads became thinly veiled SJW threads and the narrative that the feminists and SJWs were coming for our games was heavily pushed. We got some good content out of it like Yea Forums the musical, but Yea Forums paid a price for it.

Like some kind of throwback to MGS2's storyline regarding the A.I's controlling human consciousness using memes, Yea Forums succumbed a non-stop flow of rage inducing content, optimised across all social media platforms for maximum bait.

What happened was beautiful in a way; we did it to ourselves, I think, but if such a thing had been orchestrated rather than just assisted by social media optimisation algorithm it would have been a fantastic piece of reading in some kind of sociology study.

Regardless, it became impossible to have any real discussion... the comfy and chill threads dried up, /pol/ users spilled over into any board that would listen to why the jews and niggers are the cause of everything bad in the world and I, for the first time, found myself wanting to actually do something else for once, stopped being a NEET, got a post-graduate degree and now work a job that I enjoy.

Oh, you wanted to talk about games? Yea Forums doesn't talk about video games.

People live vicariously through the lense of more beautiful people who are able to edit their lives into 30 minute long highlight reels. One of the reasons so many relationships fail these days is likely because people compare themselves to reality stars or youtube vloggers who seem to live a life of decadence and charm.

You can fuck off. TTgo is on for like 12 hours a day and I can only jerk off to chibi Raven so much.

>Late 00s-Early 10s stuff was widely considered the downfall into shit era
By the people who were your age back then. This always happened, and will continue to happen. People have nostalgia for their own childhood and look down on things one generation younger because it's different. The late 90s weren't necessarily better.

Agreed, Yea Forums used to be the cutting edge and now anonymity is an excuse for Redditors to vacation here to shitpost. Ironically Reddit discussions are more on-topic but the voting system is pure trash and the population is garbage. You can't escape shitty discussion here but I will say that boards like /vr/ and Yea Forums are generally better if only because they rarely follow trends and modern culture.
Yeah, the point being this place is infested with zoomers. The aughts were trash. And to be fair I was a kid in the 90s and I don't believe in glorifying them either, or any specific era.

Your body replaces itself every 7 years.
Omae wa mou shindeiru.

user, internet culture is literally traditional culture on speed hack, and for a generation raised on the internet it's what we associate with, what took old generation 30 years, tooks us 10 and it's only going faster and faster, soon kids will be talking about fortnite and the good old days "remember flossing?"

The idea that pushing a 3rd worlders to a first world country will somehow make them as smart and developed as 1st worlders is an insane idea.

In the past, the west was scraping off the outliers from 3rd world countries. The most intelligent, the most driven, the most energetic. The cream of the crop.

The populations that stayed behind only got dumber. Now that it's easy and convenient to move to a western country it only proves that these "people" are little more than cattle looking to graze

Even kids hate CalArts man.

Some time after I stopped playing multiplayer games in favor of singleplayer. When I tried to go back I found the landscape had changed dramatically. TF2 somehow became worse than it already was, MOBA shit became a thing and along with sjwism ruined online communities even further than previously imaginable, and BR had just started to become a thing with pubg releasing. These days I play near dead games with autists. They're the last place that hasn't fallen to the zoomer plague.

Formerly Chuckade

I don't know what that is

google it then fucking retard

Curiosity is generally a good trait for people to have. Without curiosity you wind up with abbos

Attached: 1548872676160.png (362x362, 40K)

brain cells

As soon as social media progressed beyond MySpace.

Yeah ship of theseus and all that. No real comfort as I'm not scared of being dead, I'm scared of not being alive.

Why is this board absolute shit 99.999% of the time, but when a thread that has nothing to do with video games gets good, it’s impactful and brings people together and really creates meaningful discussion? Why can’t we have a board of just these threads.

I didn't say I wanted to know

braincells last a life time

Threads like these are difficult to driveby shitpost in. Way more people than you think simply quick reply to posts on the front page for hours on end trying to get a rise out of people. They have canned phrases, drop them in the thread, and move on. Endlessly. Then people reply. Endlessly.

Abbos seem plenty curious about what gas smells like

Attached: 1550634581278.png (625x909, 57K)

This is the same shit I've heard for decades. Some dumb nig boasting about how much they have. At least I can understand why old rappers were slagging the new stuff for being vapid shit carried by great background music.

Because some fucking faggot culture would form out of it and everyone would have to post in that way, any questions that have already been asked being chased out
Yea Forums is the best off topic discussion on this whole site because really people just want to chill and reminisce

More recent studies are showing that this is false and that your brain can regenerate brain cells throughout your life.

i remember when i first started playing fortnite and at first i thought it was just a joke. like it's so bad it's good type of joke, but then i found out pretty quick people actually enjoyed playing it. the same with music and movies.

Attached: 1549166601064.jpg (844x1200, 202K)

bro kids of all races do this stupid shit

>Meaningful discussion
>Most replies in the last 20 posts have been race baiting shit
Here's your (you)

Pottery

Attached: 1549152414131.jpg (960x408, 40K)

Never
I play games I like instead of whining about people that play the ones I don't

Attached: 1538188157227.jpg (876x913, 99K)

Strawman comics are only funny when they can be read ironically, like hehe silly or kelly from the onion. Debate me.

Shut up nigger I’m bringing people together

Honest question: why stay in America? I've never been to a Scandanavian country but what stops people from moving there and building a life? If you have a degree and real work already, then someday you could buy a house there like people used to be able to do in America.

Curiousity generally doesn't outweigh survival and preservation instincts, which people that eat tidepods clearly lack.
Those "people" are destined to be victims of natural selection.

>games become work rather than fun
there are plenty of games that you can find that aren't like this, but yeah when a game evokes this emotion you should not be playing it

Ironically, Sheck Wes was too cheap to pay the production studio that created a music video for one of his songs. His agent canceled the video but the entire thing was already shot and edited. The production crew responded by releasing the video anyway, dubbed with a really shitty song mocking Wes.

youtube.com/watch?v=cINCpURy-sI

All that bling and flex is total bullshit.

1st world countries that aren't America are much harder to get into as they actually have immigration laws. Without being able to claim asylum to jump the line, you need an advanced degree, a job lined up, a lot of money to buy your way in, etc. Also if you're an ultra right winger like that guy probably is, your only options for a more ideologically friendly country are places less developed and less comfortable like eastern europe

Boomers are proud of not being able to use tech because of zoomers. They don't want to stoop to their level.

Abbos are based.

Are they just not teaching you kids about statistics in school anymore? There are greater problems in the world than hurting someone's feelings based on statistical data about the group they belong to.

Like having an average IQ so low the military can't even enlist you because there's no jobs you can handle without constant supervision.

Attached: 1549419330559.png (500x441, 50K)

The truth is that most people on this site are fucking retards who you don't want to engage in extended social interaction with

It's not like this was any different from previous generations views on current boomers when we were young as well. It's an endless cycle.

When they told me im a nazi for not sukcing female dicks.

As long as you survive or a peer watches you die doin X behavior. It's a net positive for your haplogroup.

Curiosity means trying something once cautiously. It doesn't mean doing the same thing over and over- that's a different issue.

Are you confusing nazis for faggots?

Zoomers have no real identity because they follow memes and these memes change every two weeks to a month tops
With nothing to latch to because everything can be everything since nothing is concrete, they end up like fucking Ditto
>Time to film myself pouring a bucket of ice water on myself because the internet said so
>Time to film my version of Harlem Shake because the internet said so
To them, sincerity is lame and irony is king but since they're not sincere in the first place, they're ironic about their irony
And none of it matters because soon enough, there's gonna be a new thing to imitate because the internet is moving too fast

Attached: 1532927955548.png (845x569, 980K)

This happens everywhere on Yea Forums. On-topic posting leads to shitposting and endless "lol i troll u" chains, but the moment you go off-topic and it doesn't involve shit /pol/ would know about, you get genuinely insightful comments about various subjects.

You can be a race realist and still think stonetoss is an annoying faggot

How the fuck do you "cautiously" eat a product full of detergent that's designed to wash things?
How the FUCK do you do that cautiously?

You should post in /sci/. They would get triggered so hard by your retarded bullshit.

do you lack reading comprehension?

Then thank god I have an EU passport and I'm getting a graduate degree. Fuck North America.

It just baffles me why governments keep doing it honestly. I could understand if at the higher levels of federal government and lobbyist some people found a way to massively profit from it but it's like there's something more that I just don't get.

>born and raised in a small northern french canadian village
>only have white people
>mostly old farms and old people
>nothing ever happens but life is good
>one day the mayor, an old white farmer, suddenly approved a plan to host a dozen families of brown people, I forget which kind
>we figure the mayor had some shady deal to make money out of it but nothing ever came out
>we don't even have room for them
>they don't speak french so integration was a huge pain
>they don't have driving licenses so they were crammed in 2 hastily built appartment buildings in the village
>within a year the crime rate went up 700%
>3 rapes
>church got vandalised
>mayor got beaten up when getting out of the convenience store late a night and had his car stolen
>the next day the cops found the car half taken apart in the immigrant's backyard
>one of them got caught trying the peddle the rims a few days later
>the same mayor signed off for another batch
Thank god I then left the place for college.

That this is the new old makes me feel real fucking sad.

>tfw born in '91

Last 5 or 6 years

Do you not understand that I'm calling you a faggot?

>tfw born in '88

Attached: stimpy.gif (500x382, 126K)

so you lack reading comprehension

Tbh 90s fags were the worst.

There are lots of regressive incentives like trying to shore up district populations for legal reasons (even if they're totally fresh immigrants), trying to get policy concessions from the governments of those countries by opening borders (I can almost guarantee that the country those people came from have a direct relationship with your government if you dig deep enough), to cheap labor for nearby cities (common in China and Russia, not so much in the West).

People want a lazy explanation like "Marxist brainwashing" but the reality is just poor leadership and extremely, extremely cynical back-channeling between world governments.

I think he's calling you a faggot for not wanting to suck cocks (female).

When rts died

>Used to say retarded shit like jawn
>The shit kids are saying now makes even less sense

Besides a few games(which will always objectively be great) there's really nothing I feel super attached to from my childhood. All those shows and movies and whatever else just feel like whatever. It's a meme that you can't change with the times, and it's easier than ever to stay connected these days. I genuinely don't like fortnite but who cares.

Remember when "tight" was the new slang?

Remember when thicc was phat?

You're right, at least from the top of governments. Sudden population shifts that aren't prompted by a serious crisis are done for cynical political or financial reasons, with the talk about being "saving the unfortunate" or "we're all human" being used as PR speak to sell the general public on it.

around the time when live streaming became big
I understood concept of let's players on YouTube, but never got this

I never fell for the pop culture meme like the majority of brainlets in society so I always felt like everyone was wrong from the get-go.

If this happened to you, you let it happen to yourself.

Attached: 1543114439059.png (367x538, 169K)

No, tight wasn't part of our vocabulary.

I just realized I never hear phat anymore.

Actual decent thread Yea Forums, proud of you

86. I'm too old to still be here

Attached: B3E7E5C7-2B4E-4769-9E30-14E2855B0F0F.jpg (2048x1365, 1.22M)

ahh, so you're part of *that* meme group

>tokyo ghoul
>>>"I never fell for the pop culute meme"

Attached: 1538923961040.jpg (894x894, 293K)

le 16 and EPIK

What was the last "real" era with soul here?

Attached: 1513060819253.jpg (1400x1039, 810K)

obviously [the last era I associated with] era

Late Gen Y.

Taking a nibble versus eating it in one bite.

Every era has soul and souless shit
Just because today you have so much information that it's easy to lose sight of the important stuff, doesn't mean it's all shit

This is true.

Am I only one who dont give a crap about le "good old days" and just enjoy things for what they are even if they are subjectively worse than before?

ah.. so you're part of *that* meme group

>I've never been to a Scandanavian country but what stops people from moving there and building a life?
a) those countries have far higher immigration standards then the US does
b) those countries are only as nice as they are because of their low populations. There is a correlation between high population and being a shithole.

This. I'm only 25 and the 18-20 year old kids i work with only play cod, ac, fortnite, and rainbow 6 seige. I have nothing to talk to them about.

You're the only one here who thinks that way because only an emotionally well-adjusted person thinks that way. Yea Forums is a home for people with major depression, social anxiety, autism/aspergers and other illnesses.

This.

And none of you have any other interests but video games?

It's the better attitude to have.

I still genuinely miss the variety that old game devs seemed to have before publisher homogenization took hold of the vast majority of the mainstream market, but I don't think that that means that there's nothing worth enjoying anymore.

Attached: Pyre_Sandra.png (1280x886, 717K)

Not him, but just because you like thing that happens to get famous doesn't mean you "fell" for popculture meme.

Look into 'the culling'. Only battle royale I actually enjoy. You might like it too.

you fell for pop culture memes, you're just coping by telling yourself that whatever you fell for either isn't a popculture meme or you didn't "fall" for it

It wasn't at a time I was interested in it. It's not my fault it blew up.

it blew up because it's pop culture meme, and you're into it

I feel the opposite
I’d rather see a world war or conflict of some kind. I could put my years of /k/ training(LARP’ing) into use and even if I died in the first five minutes, I’m ok with that. Now just living my mundane life for the next few decades and then dying from natural causes or illness. That terrifies me

I think the time to blame publishers for the current state of gaming has passed. The indie gaming market is big and between crowdsourcing and all the freeware game engines, making a game on your own is easier and cheaper them ever so long as your goal is not state of the art graphical fidelity.

It happened in 2010.
Stopped giving a shit since.

Attached: 1300860293295.jpg (245x205, 15K)

There's really nothing wrong with pop culture anyways people just want to be special (which is also ok)

Games with shit gameplay and/or 40 hours of cutscenes.
I've been out of "it" for awhile, luckily there are still a lot of people making video games. I wish Square-Enix would fuck off and keep to themselves, though. I'd see the HQ take a trip down a sinkhole for what they did to Deus Ex.
What's wrong with them, anyway? Are they jelly that Eidos, while by no means perfect, can actually make a fucking video game?
It can't explicitly be greed. They're not so stupid as to not realize that they're inane business strategy is what's losing them money. It has to be unwarranted jealousy, or penis envy.

Attached: 14D10357-53D5-4621-8D86-C9353B327AB0.jpg (1600x1200, 274K)

Didn't the devs shit on it with their updates

Indie devs are great, but they're not the end-all solution to the industry's problems. Steam is a sea of chaff to search through, and I still miss the middle-of-the-road budget games that were allowed to do something bigger but still not so huge that they weren't allowed to experiment and try something new.

The only ones who seem like they're still allowed to do that as of late are Japanese devs.

Attached: Nier_Groupshot.jpg (660x371, 51K)

In a not ironically way:
The Maya end of world was in reality a end of a era
Since 2013 I don't have any good year

Yeah AA is the place where the most interesting things happen. Japan has to do it because their audience is a lot smaller than a Western dev's. It's the reason why I barely play any new Western games anymore. If you look at other industries you can see it too--the lower and higher end budgets increase and the middle shrinks.

ESL retards need to fuck off back to where they came from. You're part of the problem.

I used to never play weeb games because of the stigma attached to them but now I prefer them
They don't aim at realism, their games aren't just a bunch of shit that appeases a vocal minority and they're just fun or at least try to be fun

FPBP

I distinctly recall saying exactly where this trend was going when DayZ got big. Mostly because what made DayZ fun already existed in A2 mods already.

The gradual progression, coupled with PUBG being a standalone hit sealed the deal.

No recovering from the flood of normans who want the quick action fix which modern BR games have devolved into.

There's some good shit out there, but you need to look for it.

Real shit. Good advice for the kiddos. I used to contemplate moving somewhere rural or away from ppl but honestly i just love checkin out girls too much.

i was born into not being with it

Attached: 1436059881037.jpg (571x460, 27K)

Why the best threads on Yea Forums are off-topic?

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (288x499, 24K)

>Where is the sense in any of this?
there isn't
believing in something greater doesn't mean it has to be magic sky man or aliens or whatever, you can believe in a cause or vision of better world
my advice to your immediate problem is start exercising and stop eating shit, get a hobby, think of some goal, doesn't matter what it is, and try to work towards it
don't aim too high though
I'm not saying this will cure your depression 100%, but it will definitely help.

Is this the nostalgia central?

Attached: 1551078865992.png (612x633, 102K)

Lets not forget he used an image of someone putting an "opinion" in the trash, a common pop culture meme used alot but didn't before

You have depression. Go outside more and spend less time in echo-chambers on the internet.

>common pop culture meme
that's just a Yea Forums meme user, Yea Forums isn't pop culture

I think my moment was when people stopped being amazed by graphics and started to nitpick. I remember playing SNES at my uncle's house and being amazed at how much cooler everything looked compared to my nes. I remember people losing it when when 3d games came out. I remember having long conversations with my friends about how nothing could ever be cooler then doom or goldeneye, but right around the corner, something even bigger would blow our minds. Then, I guess somewhere between re4 realism and cod4 realism, nobody seemed to be amazed by it anymore. Everything became sterile and by the numbers and everyone started fighting about resolution and fps and pixel counts. All kinds of dumb shit that didn't matter. "It" used to be about having fun with stupid video games. Now it's about arbitrary nonsense and dick size.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chan isn't pop culture

Jesus christ dude at least have some self awareness

Attached: 1548438845191.jpg (312x321, 84K)

I don't even know what Battle Royal means, other than that shitty chink movie.

Attached: 1549813217476.jpg (588x473, 93K)

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, seems like I'm no longer with it.

I'm a gen Z nigger but grew up with shit from early to late gen Y due to being a poorfag. I hate rap and always fight with my friends on tastes with video games, music, tv and other shit and have nostalgia for late 90's and early 2000's

Fuck

Attached: 1496548403339.jpg (398x379, 54K)

Its not cause you're no longer with it its cause you're retarded user

It's a retarded game mode that might have originaly been okay in ARMA, but since PUBG exploded literally everyone started making them.
Basically its FFA that puts players randomly on a map where they have to find equipment and survive while the map is getting smaller over time.

Probably when you faggots wouldn't shut the fuck up about fucking Minecraft.

I might be, since I don't think Yea Forums is pop culture.

>I secretly hope there are some other sites like Yea Forums was 10-15 years ago where the stuff you'd see on here was niche shit several years ahead of the mainstream.
I feel bad for kids today who don't fit in with the mainstream irl and are forced to try and fit in with the mainstream online rather than the messy pit of misfits it was 15 years ago.
Hopefully they're finding some small discord groups or something where they can be weirdos together.

:(

Attached: internets.png (2500x5562, 472K)

If you still don't think Yea Forums is popculture than what do you call my image?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

LoL Season 2

>DayZ mod was 7 years ago

I remember dicking around when the mod first launched, it was fun roaming around making friends, luring a konga-line of zombies to some dude to get his leg broke by a single punch. I remember the fun coming to an end after a month it launched when all the youtube shitters got ahold of it and ALL the fucking kids flocked to it that summer.

>kids swarm the mod, every server turns into CoD
>servers known for teamwork turn into a free-fire zone
>hordes of CoD kiddies attracts russian script kiddies
>servers get nuked by scripters

memes are inherently popculture otherwise they wouldn't be memes

Its a break from the norm, the best threads on any board are the ones slightly off topic.

>I have never encountered a more abhorrent generation of people with no actual love, respect or knowledge of any of the shit they claim to enjoy
People don't call out poseurs anymore. That would be 'gatekeeping'. Besides, their love for Sailor Moon is an 'aesthetic', you don't expect them to actually like some shitty old anime do you?

>people think Yea Forums isn't popculture and still think its some secret club

That's fucking cute dudes how old are all yah? I guess the special snowflake syndrome got to you

Attached: 1544396087698.jpg (1024x574, 65K)

Around the time cowadooties became a thing. Or actually when the whole online multiplayer bullshit became normie-thing with wow.

> the whole online multiplayer bullshit became normie-thing
So....Quake?

such a thing as niche memes exists user

but what if they become popular

>I tasted a tide pod
The rest of your post is irrelevant
Worst I've seen is a cartoon imitating a reality show.

I won't even tell you how I know you're not old enough to have enjoyed Quake at the time.

This.
t. 32, nothing changed and nothing will, shit media and good media exist no matter the period.

You're right I never played Quake 1 I think I only played Quake 3 and I only played it with my mom

How exactly did Dayz and pubg die?

Attached: 1534761072096.png (680x519, 337K)

First experience feeling out of touch with the kiddies was all my younger near contemporaries listening to that soundcloud mumble rap shit at family friend parties

I was never "with it".

A newer shinier BR came out and overshadowed it while the devs sat on their thumbs.
>make okay game that needs a ton of work
>do a small portion of the work
>something new and shiny comes out
>go into full cash grab mode and duck out

My nigga, we are one in the same.

Take it from an 18yo Zoomer, they still reran movies like Halloween and I still liked them a lot.

Phineas and Ferb was a funny show for what it was

you're basically a late zoomer if you're even aware what they're nostalgic for

Probably after my 1st year in college. That's when life started to become the shitshow it is now. Every fucking day I pray to return back to my highschool days.

this is all zoomer shit

Remember how we got introduced to internet and it was amazing how you can have entertainment on demand without some retarded TV schedule?
But now people are willingly going back to a TV-like schedule ON THE INTERNET. What the fuck.

I saw a review in forbes of the new samsung folding phone that went "if you had a nintendo DS as a kid, you'll enjoy this". I mean mate a DS is a current console as far as I can tell.

This.
I was there for WoW, I was there for CoD, I was there for LoL. Although I wasn't there for Minecraft, Terraria was my jam.
I don't get battle royales. Not even don't get, but the first good game just released in the genre and I just don't care.

When people stopped playing TF2.

They're blackmailing your mayor. Probably with pizza-related shit.

It's how things get done nowadays.

where do you think you are

TF2 had an unchanging average playerbase since steamcharts started recording in 2012.

>2005
>"What? You don't like GTA?!"
>2007
>"What? You don't like Club Penguin?!"
>2009
>"What? You don't like CoD?!"
>2010 onwards
>"What? You don't like *insert fotm*?!"
Probably stopped being with it between 2009~2010 when all the kids "moved on" from TCGs to shooters during the end of our early school years. Ended up losing my friends as they fell for liking whatever everyone else liked and stayed that way and moving houses/schools only made it worse. Now it's less than a decade to wizardry but it'll be way better than having my interests influenced by society.

Attached: 1395465613690.jpg (960x614, 258K)

Society still influences your interest.
You can literally not change that fact.
Even if you lock yourself up, that still means you are influenced into avoidance.

You're right, if you don't like trends you end up being a contrarian unless you take advantage of said trends. In the end, what it really boils down to is whether you regret having the attitude of one or the other and personally I have no regrets; it's always a good laugh hearing people whine about childish concepts like "stress" and their specific "urges" when I am incapable of experiencing any of that crap that people use as a scapegoat for all their life troubles that aren't even a real issue in the first place.

>I'm guessing it's too much data, the internet overloads them with options.
Probably this, I grew up with dial up internet and gradually got used to the internet, then I enlisted got out of boot camp and I went to a computer with headphones on, went to youtube to listen to music (You really miss music when its gone) and just stared at the screen overwhelmed by the choices of what to listen to.

I like the "good old days" and much of new stuff, it's just that now I sometimes overthink some stuff and accidentally get mad.

>21 years old
>nostalgic for 2004-2010 era
How do I cope with this?

Attached: 1527881028352.png (934x617, 590K)

When millions of "adults" started watching ponies.

half of this shit wasn't bad

By 2012 it was already a dead game.

Retarded wrong opinion that you only believe because it got you some brownie points around here in the past.

>Pokemon
>Fire Emblem
>Zelda games
>Mario games
>JRPG genre
>World of Warcraft
>MMORPG genre
>Square Enix games as a whole
Burned myself too many times now to get invested emotionally into any kind of franchise or fandom.

Attached: always in darkness.jpg (736x613, 36K)

Mate did you play it when it was new? The spy update was the last good thing to happen. Mann vs Machine ruined what little was left.

This. It wasn't seeing Fortnite itself that made me feel old, but rather seeing kidsd unironically doing fortnite emotes everywhere. On Christmas my nephews got Echo Dots and one of the first things they did with it was tell it to play Ali-A's theme song and start flossing. I felt like I was gonna throw out my back if I stood up too fast.

Attached: 1550288837590.jpg (1024x576, 25K)

Now this one. I can get behind. I still miss when the internet was fun tho

All kids are faggy little weirdos. They always have been.

>posting KH
You're a protozoomer

You all did a fucking kamehameha in schoolyard, but a fortnite dance is suddenly so weird you're throwing up? Get over it, the only thing that actually changed is the ease of global communication.

DBZ is quantifiably more badass than fornite

I remember when people were shit talking MW2 and now people are nostalgic for it. Times change

>One of your favorite franchises from childhood makes a triumphant return
>Captures what made the old games great in gameplay, soundtrack, and presentation
>Respects a well-established setting and expands upon it well
>Selling well, hope for sequels
I wish this feeling upon all anons

Attached: ACECOMBAT7_GC2018L2_1534533849.00_02_43_54.Still103-740x416.png (740x416, 518K)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was the last game that felt like it was giving credit to my gaming experience and knowledge. Really felt like a loveletter written specially for me.

Attached: 14979037536120.jpg (604x478, 83K)

agreed

Youtube celebrities, soundcloud rappers, paying other people money to stream themselves playing games instead of playing games yourself. Typical zoomer shit I guess.

Minecraft and Adventure Time were both pretty great tho.

t. 32 year old millennial.

Kind of weird to define your generational identity based on what crap entertainment was available during your youth.
How about a school system that imprisons you for 8 hours a day, forcing you to memorize boring shit that won't get you a job, and then using the internet because you somehow didn't fit into the social jungle that is constant school with social media

Attached: clown evola.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

You're an autistic manchild so your opinion is worthless.

Let's plays for me.

People glued to their phones at all times. It's like they reach for the phone every single time they have 5 free seconds. I just don't get it, I see no explanation for it besides plain addiction.

I'm 30 and everything went to shit in 2007 with release of Xbox360

>xbox 360 launched in 2007

Attached: 1487336801914.jpg (698x476, 55K)

I partially agree. It's still fun to cut loose and act retarded for a few hours every now and then though.

Attached: 1550545786719.png (1108x841, 1.18M)

work in an IT department, make Deus Ex and Star Wars Prequel memes all day

High five my man. Literally the first console i ever had was an 8-bit bootleg because our country didn't have anything else.

It never happened to me. I'm stuck in a state of infantilization, I follow pewdiepies shit, I like BRs, I like Mo Bamba.

you sound like a cunt. learn to fix yourself first

I was born in 1996, but I barely have any fondness for any TV or Music of that time simply because i was never with it to begin with. I can remember some of the songs that were in top 40 when i was a teenager but I just never really cared for the most part.

>mfw i realize my parents will die within a decade
>mfw i still treat them like shit due to life stress and debts

Attached: 27.jpg (315x239, 32K)

we're living in the last days of the internet wild west, fellas
regardless of how much we fight back, various with world governments are working to legislate the hell out of every faucet of the internet.
We need something new soon

1998 here, i was always that weird kid who kept to himself. I barely listened to music in my life, let alone popular music of the time. Right now i am surrounded by endless wave of rap, weird fashion and trends that i can't understand at all, even if i do my research on them.

I don’t even think kids these days know that movie

Nope it’s zoomer bragging there above of all of these. Just wait a few years nobody escape this feeling no matter how much outsider you are

Always has been

This year. I turned 28 and realized I'm not in my mid-twenties anymore. I feel like I'm officially past the point where I can kick it with 21-27 year olds wiithout feeling like the old, out-of-touch guy.

Halo 2

> I barely listened to music in my life
Are you me? Most of the music I listened to in highschool were old soviet songs even though I wasn't a leftist anymore.
Only rap i ever listened to was stuff from the late 90s/early 2000s through my cousins.

If we're lucky maybe i2p can decentralize the internet

Maybe its because i didn't have an xbox when i was in elementary school, but i never really though halo was that good. BUt then again all i ever really played on my PC was SC4/3000/2000, Civ III, and a few flight sims and RTS, and whatever 3rd person games i had for the PS2

>t. I would wake up and within a couple seconds the realization of death would hit me and my body would just implode. All I wanted to do was cry and lay around.

Kinda the opposite for me, seeing as life is so short, I just kinda want to travel and see more new things before I go instead of being stuck in one area.

I keep digging up old internet stuff to remind me of how things were and how things came to be like they are now. I feel like I haven't lost touch with the new shit, because I've always been missing out on a majority of it anyways, but Yea Forums sure has turned into a colony of whiny retards over time and it's making me wish I'd find something to replace it with.

Attached: 1536736435563.gif (295x210, 164K)

>That horrible feeling when all the modern video games critics weren't even alive when Doom came out in 1993

Attached: 7.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

Congratulations guys, you've discovered that time passes and that you're not the target audience for entertainment anymore, just like how the people before you came to this realization when the shit that was targeted to you that you liked was popular.

I think Yea Forums has just gotten too big, too fast, and has suffered too much under the public spotlight.

>tfw I was always too weird to be the target audience for most mass culture/media
I'm not sure if this is good or bad, i haven't even watched television since i had pneumonia for two weeks when I was 15

People use phones for 99% of their internet use so it's inevitable that the internet will shrink down to just a handful of apps.
People barely google to find the stuff in the wilderness between the giants and when they do the first few pages are the same big sites anyway.
Government regulation and demands for more control in the name of intellectual property is also making it more difficult and expensive to compete with the internet establishment.

>gamergate
>somethingawful merge
>celeb leaks
>elections
>moot leaving
>neogaf or whatever it's called

>moot leaving
people shit on him a lot, but in the grand scheme of things, he was a far better admin and community manager compared to most people that run IBs

it's mainly memes and people still griefing. not-moot is beyond fucking worse

Can't happen to you if you never were with it in the first place.

Attached: 925.png (417x410, 266K)

he has a small pee pee as well

Speaking of not-moot, I hope you all looked at your ublock/umatrix last month and blocked the "powerad.ai" shit he added.

>it's mainly memes and people still griefing
its not even the gook, most people who have run semi-large imageboards simply have not been as competent or have tread as carefully.

People on 8gag were celebrating the moot calling it quits in 2015 only for the cripple to be gone a year later, when he realized that he fucked up when it came to managing the community.

some of the smaller boards still hold some of their charm, but large boards have turned into perpetual screaming matches between "ironic" retards and normalfags thinking the internet is srsbsns.
The state of Yea Forums over the past years is an absolute disgrace, regardless of how much of a shit heap it used to be.

I recently went back to Yea Forums and goddamn, the board slowed down tremendously since about 3 years ago.

2013 Yea Forums was a trashfire, but I can at least remember it pulling off the occasional prank or having an interesting thread once in a blue more. I could never have imagined it would become 90% porn. That isn't to imply Yea Forums should have no porn, it just shouldn't be a supermajority of a board called "random."

Netflix and the allowance of Naruto threads ruined the board. I want to go back. Reminder that Yea Forums genuinely enjoyed Devilman Crybaby.

Attached: sAGYEYA.gif (250x141, 841K)

they also allow streamfags and watermarks in their threads. truly we live in hell

>Yea Forums making Oprah say "over 9000 penises" was 10 years ago

>Yea Forums fucking with live television
good times. nothing will top this imho

Attached: l5HjLU7.png (400x600, 345K)

/pol/ is the new Yea Forums
Yea Forums is the new Yea Forums
Yea Forums is the new /vg/
/ck/ is the new Yea Forums
Seriously /ck/ has some pretty spicy pastas.

>Pitying someone because they're younger
Unironically grow up.

I hate how irrelevant Yea Forums is now in regards to the rest of the site. If Yea Forums was NYC, Yea Forums was fucking Elis Island before you went out into the various neighborhoods of whatever nerdy and/or fucked up shit you had interest in. Maybe it was inevitable considering that there are so many topical boards now, but being "newfag college" was an important to the overall culture to the site. It also was a place to redirect the shitposters too, if you got told to go back to Yea Forums on a blue board you knew you had done your job as a shitposter.

>/pol/ is the new Yea Forums
this is true, but sadly for mostly the wrong reasons. nu/pol/ is more like chanology era Yea Forums more than any other era of Yea Forums

We can't do this anymore because the moment we do bunch of partisan activist shut the place down.
"He will not divide us" was the top of the tops.

This happened to me way back in... ffs I don't even know. With Fakebook.

If you use it despite knowing how much of a fucking dumb narcissistic, sociopathic, fake, worm-like, acting, manipulative, sycophantic, creepy Big Brother candidate reject you really are, deep down, then I want nothing to do with you whatsoever. Bonus points for knowing full well what Fakebook does to your personal data, how it sells you as a product to advertisers, how it has distorted and twisted our world views, made us more intolerant and become an echo chamber for the like-minded of basically anything ranging from harmless if obsessed music fans to Putinistas and neonazis and killed any and all hopes for a once optimistic human race.

Joke's on me though obviously, now I'm just up in my room all alone, one of a few of the last humans on earth not infected by the Faceberg compulsion loop, untainted by all the fake news advertorials spread ironically by senile baby boomers to an unaware boomer and zoomer crowd like a nasty STD infection that should've died along with all the decrepitude generations ago that spawned it, not crippled by a psychological dependency of needing to know how other people feel about me and my latest [thing], their dog, Trump latest cuuuuhrazy tweet or how incredibly based Elon Musk is and that we must protect him at all costs, I mean agreed, but I'm not going to use my view to further my social standing and parade mind around and TURN MY INNER MOST THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS INTO A FUCKING COMMODITY FOR FAKEBERG INC. FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT YOU RUINED HOMO SAPIENS FOR FUCKING WHAT? A SHITTY VILLA AND THE DELUSION YOU ARE IRON MAN WITH THE BIG BAD ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO MANIFEST YOUR GENIUS INTO 3D PRINTED ENGINEERED WORLD SAVING SHIT LOL NO

Attached: PandorasVox.png (1039x5444, 299K)

that's a goddamn classic

I'm glad i never used facebook, I never cared when it became public, but I also never really had a reason to use it. I only had a handful of friends when i was in middleschool/highschool and i never really had the need for it.

>Videogame critics so young
Well, that explains a lot

Attached: 1536474751113.png (400x400, 207K)

the great moralfag flood of the old testament.

Attached: 1489587562697.png (876x371, 47K)

An entire generation known for eating Tide pods and floss dance.

What a time to be alive.

From time to time there is the discussion of a 2 weeks >= release manga and it gets comfy
Until the manga gets an anime and it all goes to shit

Attached: Oldsayn'.png (418x308, 112K)

sure am glad tv is the same as it was 10 years ago

>i tasted a tidepod but please take my srsbsns shit srsly

Every generation is garbage, I was born in 1996 and I can't stand millennial normalfags any more than in can stand zoomer normalfags.
If I could my online social interactions wouldn't be limited to IRC channels and imageboards.

2016 huh. I remember thinking the site would get better. That it couldn't suffer this bout of cancer forever.
How wrong I was.

>just be urself

>Which is weird since we're user, but I cant shake it
There's a difference between lack of identity and a lack of individuality, you shouldn't confuse the two, this was actually a problem capital A "Anonymous" made over a decade ago

My friends can't understand why I don't like e-sports. It's the definition of soulless. Even local tournaments are infected by the (lack of) spirit of it.
I just want to have fun.

The moment Yea Forums stopped calling out casuals was the moment Yea Forums has fallen

Attached: 1541677875069.png (684x796, 435K)

The Halo casuals now outnumber real players.
The idea of playing FPS on consoles not being mocked constantly made them stay.

Day 1. Never been a big FPS fan and never did get other kids obsession with halo and such.

>say dude in chat
>zoomers laugh at me for using boomer words

>Old shit great
>New shit bad
>These Gen Z and their fucking taste
>10 years later
>These Gen Alpha and their taste in entertainment
It never ends. Just focus on what makes you happy instead of what divides you.

When WoW killed all the smaller multiplayer communities for like 6 months and even after that it was never the same.

When I realized zoomers were dead serious about saying gen 1 & 2 Pokemon sucked compared to modern releases... Also, zoomers telling me san andreas is garbage with no story compared to v

What this dude said

The main problem with Yea Forums imo is that it's essentially a fucking porn board now.
At this point I honestly they should just straight up ban threads dedicated to porn on Yea Forums, there are like 7 fucking porn boards already I don't know why so many retarded faggots feel the need to use Yea Forums for it.

This. I remember turning to my brother like last e3 and saying we aren’t the target audience anymore. I’m 24 and he’s 27.

The DS was unveiled 15 years ago

Cringe

Me irl

Where can I meet you cutie?

Attached: pepe sands of time.jpg (500x500, 26K)

I can't get into CSGO because it feels like you're driving a truck.

Crazy how time do dat