MASSIVE GOG LAYOFFS COMING

so much for drm free working lol

Attached: 40693.jpg (1440x1902, 1.03M)

It's because they don't have enough exclusive appeal to hold people in. They've got Witcher but since they sell that on other platforms it's not necessary. However, GoG captures a niche and not every market needs to be the monopoly holder.

Damn, I like gog their sales are insane value

this is what happens when you get investor capital. All they care about is money and they are the ones who give the financial pressure. Gog galaxy only exists to compete with steam

If you chink shills could read English you'd see that they are hiring more than they laid off.

>Trannies bully you into firing your PR
>They still buy nothing causing you to lose money since you pissed off loyal users
lmao

they were channelling money to fund pregnant woman parking spaces

Their sales arent any better than Steam

>Reading an article from "Lolicon" Schreier
Nice try, Jason.

Nice clickbait
>Company fires 12 people from one team
>hires 20+ on others
>FAILING HARD GUYS I SWEAR

And if you read the article it states that the people actually laid off tell a different story.
>“We were told it’s a financial decision,” that person told me in an online message. “GOG’s revenue couldn’t keep up with growth, the fact that we’re dangerously close to being in the red has come up in the past few months, and the market’s move towards higher [developer] revenue shares has, or will, affect the bottom line as well. I mean, it’s just an odd situation, like things got really desperate really fast. I know that February was a really bad month, but January on the other hand was excellent. We were in the middle of a general restructuring, moving some teams around, not unprecedented. But layoffs that big have never happened before.”

Good, hopefully it will die for good, they always were scummy as hell and Yea Forums is full of retards defending them

>You actually own your games!
No, you own a license just like if you were buying in any other store, and just like those other sites, they can remove it if they want, there even are some reports of people losing some game that was removed from the store.

>B-but DRM FREEE!!
Yeah, good on you, you skip the one time only verification step, just verify your game once on Steam and play it offline forever, you can even save it into a usb drive and run it in any pc.
Also, no, you can't share your copy with anyone, doing so goes against their tos and it may get your game or most likely your entire account banned, amazing, no? I'm sharing my whole library with my sister right now and legally thanks to Steam family sharing

yep better buy games on steam or epic store then you really own your games and don't get fucked in the ass!

>No, you own a license just like if you were buying in any other store, and just like those other sites, they can remove it if they want, there even are some reports of people losing some game that was removed from the store.

Wait, you want to tell me that if I buy game from GOG and keep installer on hdd/usb/my mother I don't own it and some mean mister will come and destroy all of my physical copies?

Attached: 1547669713993.jpg (400x398, 14K)

That's not a contradiction, idiot. One department could be bleeding money and the other one needs more investing because it's profitable. That makes it a financial decision.

That sucks. I hope these people land on their feet.

Dumbest post on Yea Forums today.

How exactly are GOG going to remove a game from my hard drive? I own GOG games just as much as I own pirated games, I have the game installed and can play it myself without having to go through any companies DRM

How exactly is Valve going to do the same? Don't you use Gog cause "THE EVIL DICTATOR GABEN WITH ITS LICENSES"?

Because Steam games that use DRM (which is the vast majority of them, and Steam doesn't tell you on the store page if they do or don't) don't run without Steam. Offline mode doesn't work if you haven't connected online for a certain amount of time, plus it's just a pain in the ass and I shouldn't need to use some other program just to play a game I bought.

>Quietly
Why do they add this oxymoron in the article?

Because he's the one who wrote it, so they have to credit him.

Pity, I know I stopped buying stuff from them as much last year due to their backwards stance on support for GNU/Linux of their Galaxy Client and the fact it was being required for more and more features of games from GoG.