That one MMO you played as a child is dead forever

>that one MMO you played as a child is dead forever

What's her name, Yea Forums?

Attached: grand chase pc.png (1200x675, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VoK0bAjsHoo
youtube.com/watch?v=CLKGv93EYAg
youtube.com/watch?v=3JV7_bz6l70
youtube.com/watch?v=-McAsOgtF54
youtu.be/jeN6anFp5zU
youtu.be/gJFQ5kckU5A
youtu.be/2zTv_1QtPyk
youtu.be/8qp1QO4fWqM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yek_vvryHyk
youtube.com/watch?v=loGBdncnR1M
youtu.be/EB92K56U1Vo?t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=xyP_pXZ_vD8
youtube.com/watch?v=aKnQ0BJTCJ4
youtu.be/orb-MtL2daE
youtube.com/watch?v=W34dxu9JnR8
synthetic-reality.com/wosHome.htm
youtu.be/Ezq-nqzCz2I
youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7zEz55pY
youtube.com/watch?v=PPoHpGzcWLI
youtube.com/watch?v=xw3Znp3ym7A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mobwl45u2J8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

City of heroes

Shadowbane.

Attached: Shadowbane_Coverart.png (256x361, 150K)

rusty hearts :(

star wars galaxies

That gacha sequel was so disappointing. My fault for expecting anything from a mobile game i guess.
Kurptzel or w/e its name is, isnt any better

all of them because the genre is dead

GC wasn't even a MMO, it was more of a fightan.

Attached: grand_chase_13_characters_by_eliteninjaboyx45-d3fxvmt.jpg (800x347, 242K)

>play Trickster for years with the guild on the official server
>eventually server close down
>moved to Thai server
>also shut down 1 month after moving
The only one's left is the shit private server that nobody ever talks to each other. The boosted exp rate ruins everything, everyone just mindlessly grinds till they quit.

Attached: 1506200204535.jpg (599x600, 80K)

>What's her name, Yea Forums?
the one that killed yours

Attached: DyBPortraitNoFX.png (815x1123, 676K)

>Mystic Fighter Online.
Shame, it was p-cool.
Now I just play DFO and somehow its not meshing with me as well as MFO did.

Attached: exteel.jpg (750x403, 74K)

Atlantica pre-valofe.
Actually like 5 years before valofe.

Attached: 1548284717208.jpg (331x331, 52K)

Wasn't a child when I played it, but I really miss Drift City. Apparently it's still hanging on by a thread in Korea/Japan.

Besides RO (which might as well be dead), it's the only MMO I've ever enjoyed.

Attached: 448221-drift_city_gp9.jpg (1024x768, 262K)

Spiral Knights.
It may not be dead, but it surely went to shit.

Attached: dab8.png (566x304, 155K)

You posted it

>GC was closed before the story came to an end
>The brazilian publisher had to make their own ending to finish the story
>Elesis ends up in the world of Elsword while most of her friends are dead.
Why

Attached: 1542460041121.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

That game has a story?

Attached: 1546689499983.jpg (500x569, 35K)

this and GC

Attached: images.jpg (329x153, 18K)

Yes. The story officially continues in the mobile game.

Based spiralfag. Everything went to shit after Nick left

I still have my physical copies of Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2 and Star Wars Galaxies sitting on my shelf.

Answer me this. Did Mari ever get a skill tree?

Attached: Wall06_800.jpg (800x600, 109K)

>spoiler
Explain this bullshit.
Or maybe don't explain shit, I think I will regret learning more about this.

Attached: 1546683469382.jpg (1146x1154, 216K)

>only 1st class has a skill tree
Worst fucking disappointment as a child. Why would they do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=VoK0bAjsHoo

>GC
What killed the game? Skill Tree? AP characters?

Dio and Elsword.

Any good private servers for GC? Miss that game.

Watch at your own risk. It was a comic made by the publisher.
youtube.com/watch?v=CLKGv93EYAg

Lunia / Record of Lunia War

Attached: 11846.jpg (628x471, 189K)

Character separation among other things

I want to go back

Attached: Survival_Project.png (255x344, 211K)

Battleforge
Fuck EA

My nigga. I miss it so fucking much. I played on and off ever since it was Albatross18. The other versions of the game aren't the same, especially since they fucked up the music, and the private server is missing the newer stuff since Spika. I tried Everybody's Golf to fill the void but it wasn't the nearly the same.

Attached: 1353731149407.gif (310x310, 58K)

It was canonized fanfic part of a contest. haven't read it myself, but i heard it was something like what said.
BR here. KoG thought keeping GC as a mobile brand instead of competing with a product of theirs(Elsword) was better.
BR Publisher was very open about it without trying to breach NDAs but the gist of it is BR Publisher tried to straight up buy the IP rather than let it die, or at least offer to pay for other servers because GC made that much money for the BR publisher and people genuinely loved the game. KoG was like "nah fuck it, its our Ip."

Elswordchads ww@

Attached: F98426AC-E6AD-4114-AE86-DCE52D5CD7FF.jpg (670x358, 70K)

I used to play GC non-stop until GM_Syn banned literally over 100 players for pointing out that she gave a bunch of free shit to people who kissed her ass.

The other GMs kept pretending like we deserved it because they were too much of a pussy to punish their own.

Attached: IMG_20190213_164931.jpg (414x479, 26K)

>Still remember when you could always find a full park and a bunch of PvP lobbies for hanging out
>remember grinding for several hours for axe parts for Ryan with friends
>remember the horseshit grind it was to get to 2nd job before they nerfed it
I miss it and the people I've met, but holy shit was the grinding fucking awful.

Attached: 1539923904687.jpg (418x420, 80K)

>That guy who kept grabbing and running in pvp

Attached: 9842439.jpg (500x500, 55K)

>that one guy who was invincible because he was playing from some third world shithole

Attached: 1529923548065.jpg (466x351, 30K)

>your childhood MMO is still alive
>it's nothing like it was due to most of it being redone over the years

Attached: 1549896841521.png (771x366, 63K)

Lego Universe had the potential to be one of the best MMOs ever and they just killed it.

I didn't understand shit but was that a fucking suicide near the end?

Goddamn, gooks are the worst. That is why I don't play their games anymore.

Attached: 1542740760185.jpg (720x378, 22K)

There were no MMOs when I was a kid.

>infinite grab attacks mid air then finishing with fireballs
I was such a piece of shit, it was great.

Attached: Arme-Profile.png (269x481, 118K)

>childhood MMO series is still alive
>it's turned into a gacha mobage
>gameplay is complete and utter shit
>it makes ten times more money than the original

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

>that one Arme player who only did FIRE BOLT! across the map

Ronan's voice
youtube.com/watch?v=3JV7_bz6l70

>Nobody ever mained Jin because he was low tier.

KoG is so retarded when it came to Brawler characters. Jin, Add, and now Laby are hyper stupid.

Attached: Jinfighter.png (926x717, 324K)

Attached: flyff-header.jpg (1024x768, 906K)

Fusionfall is back user, it's run by fans and you can play it for free.
They're also creating a reimagining.

Take me home guys.

Attached: 1537150278180.png (900x647, 1.01M)

Mabinogi is still around but it's being turning into a mobile game.

I don't recognize the last 4 girls and 5 guys.

Atlas Park..

Home..

Attached: 919d63e9e385974d46ebdc4c9a190d4d[1].jpg (1680x1050, 263K)

Give it straight to me Yea Forums, is the Grand Chase mobage good? I can't stand this nostalgia and I'm tempted to try it every day

>meticulously get +9 necklaces and anklets
>wake up and their all gone
KOG' are morons for killing this game without any reason over Failsword.

>world-class IP allowed to stagnate and rot only to be bought by a company that has connections to the russian mafia

Attached: everquest trolls.jpg (600x378, 35K)

I think the NA version closed down before the last few classes were released.

Its like every other gacha, if thats your thing go for it
Nah every class was released for NA before it shut down. The pic is actually missing 3 more charactera

It migh as well be dead. Those long 2004 nights sure went by fast

Attached: ragnarok-online-city.jpg (1024x768, 239K)

>tfw best girl didn't become a playable character

Attached: Isolet.png (1665x1290, 969K)

Just play the mobile game and then move on to private servers like everybody else.

>flyff
Stop, I can't take it. This game was so shit but damn if I didn't have a good time.

Attached: 1521470412676.jpg (620x697, 36K)

You posted it.
I remember when getting Ronan meant you were a goddamn Chad, by finiahing that tedious and hard ass quest.

Nope. I remember looking into some and only one exists and it is BR.

>gameplay is shit

It's actually pretty fun. With max cooldown reduction you're managing a dozen different abilities with only 4-5 second cooldowns each. It's obviously nothing like the original, though.

>project of planets
>voyage century
>mabinogi
>all those bigpoint browser MMOs like seafight, deepolis, and dark orbit
>blitz1941
>Tank ace
>some ww2 plane game that i forgot the name to

Attached: 1545850140404.jpg (709x320, 33K)

IF I COULD TURN ON MY OVERDRIIIVE
EVERYTHING FADES AWAY
youtube.com/watch?v=-McAsOgtF54
I still miss it to this day

Does Lineage count?

Fucking gooks everytime, I hope kurtzpel dies in fire fukcing KoG

Runescape classic, pre 07 32bit gfx type update thing, 3hitting kids to lumby ez.

Attached: dead.jpg (1200x857, 524K)

Mabinogi is still around.
Well, at least I think so.
Also, fan fact, Vindictus share universe with Mabinogi, despite they not even remotely share artstile and gameplay.

Trickster Online.

Attached: WHY.jpg (288x499, 17K)

I really liked grand chase i remember playing the beta and everyone playing lire and just dash grabbing into you, and you'd die to a lag throw 5 seconds later. Good times.
Kurtzpel doesn't have 1/10 the charm of old GC, maybe I'll try soulwalker, closers or elsword to try and feel something close to it.
but the grinding was insane,

Attached: rip.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

Mabinogi is still around and still getting lots of content updates but no one plays it enough to care.

Artix games
Funorb

Technically Vindictus is sequel to Mabinogi. In SEA it even called Mabinogi Heroes.
There was even plans for Mabinogi 2 with Vindictus graphics and art style but with Mabinogi gameplay.

I stop playing somewhere around 2013. But some people I know keep playing and they say that game barely resemble original Mabinogi.

All of them. They are all dead.

To this day I still regret never getting into this game back when it was still new. At the time I had too many other mmo's to invest my time in. Looking back Trickster looks comfy as shit.

Attached: 1523577466274.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

Fantasy Earth Zero

Attached: 1393146750597.jpg (1342x950, 685K)

I missed their skill systems the most. It seems like most vibrant kind I've seen in MMO.

It's shit m8.

But the story of GC is continued in the shitty phone game now?

The 4th Coming
Asheron's Call
Savage Eden / Biosphere
Rubies of Eventide
MU Online
Shadowbane
Face of Mankind
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Matrix Online
Anarchy Online
Planetside 1
Ryzom
also I even made a JP friend on it who talked to me through MSN messenger because he wanted to practice english and helped me navigate the menus
lost touch like 12 years ago

Attached: 11458796.png (497x480, 218K)

Yeah current Mabinogi isn't oldfag friendly. I only just now got into it recently and I enjoyed most of it but from the old information I read up on it, things a whole lot easier now than they were back then.

Actually, Vindictus is the prequel to Mabinogi.

>this thread
I just want the MMO golden age back

Attached: 1530706529329.jpg (500x521, 49K)

Bring kids and teens back, might not like it but they definitely made things more wild back then.

the og battle themes were pure fuckin kino though.
youtu.be/jeN6anFp5zU
youtu.be/gJFQ5kckU5A
youtu.be/2zTv_1QtPyk
youtu.be/8qp1QO4fWqM

not gonna lie i kinda teared up a bit listening to these and the flying track. i want shitty kr grindfests back...

+1

they shafted that aspect early on and just did whatever. its a bunch of nonsense now. i remember when they were trying to promote it as some gritty prequel where everything sucks.
RIP ellis...

>Saintmorning battle theme
So close

youtube.com/watch?v=Yek_vvryHyk

Why did you remind me

Attached: crying-skeleton.png (233x209, 76K)

>tfw used to play it way back before it was even on nexon

More games need classes for fucking chainsaws,cannons and guitars

What was they thinking? Did they really considered that people who enjoyed Mabinogi will like Vindictus?

youtube.com/watch?v=loGBdncnR1M
it might as well be dead with how p2w it became

>tfw used to be guitar main and wreck shit up in FL with full AOE build
Good times but it's over now.

Card Master ruined everything.

Input Heros Buried it permanently.

add in Legendary Gear getting more and more Broken and you get my thoughts on the game

Attached: can you feel it Buzzo.png (1315x825, 181K)

This is def one of them. Though I played UO, Nexus TK, and DAoC before venturing into the world of warcrack

I've played that game more than I like to admit

Prolly Ragnarok Online. Looking back I dont know how I was even able to play that. People complain about the grind on shit like BDO or PSO2 RO was like 50x that shit and that was just for leveling up.

What I miss most of the simpler times. Logging on only to see who was online at the time. Having fun with friends and feuding with people I didnt like.

War of Emperium RO's guild wars was the first time in a video game where I felt like I was part of something bigger then myself.

How even if RO came back with an HD remake even the servers were jumping like back then I wouldn't play it again. Im happy to have the memories though.

Runner up PSO1.

youtu.be/EB92K56U1Vo?t=19

Attached: wallpaper_80_1280.jpg (1280x1024, 259K)

>Drift City
>GunZ International/ Ijji
>Soldier Front
>Rohan
Man, I miss my childhood.

>only ever played garbage korean mmos that no one cares about
Wow my childhood sucked

Attached: row_02.jpg (1280x768, 148K)

Don't know about childhood but Granado Espada made my college years, the afk leveling feature was a god sent for the busy folk and that god tier ost was great too. I'm surprised its even still around.

Attached: 1536670561380.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

I know it was just a shitty tera knockoff but damn if I didn't have fun with it.

Attached: 376f93780a06eb9ea7ac3d12f8f0ea01-700.jpg (1244x700, 173K)

nah if anything, you learned some mmo experience.

Lineage. Not 2. The OG. Grinding is love. I probably put more hours into that game than the rest combined.

>Lire's Skill tree
>Overpowered pets: fucking Chester and Nerissa
>Stats and Effects in PvP (for season chaos and beyond)
>AP system + every job that come after Dio
>ASDFG

Gringos can say whatever they want, but we here on Bananaland had the best time with our MMOs. Levelupgames (a publisher) brought gold after gold. Our Grand Chase was the biggest and most popular/influential server BY A MILE.

I'll always remember playing pic related and Rising Force instead of talking to girls in my formative years. Absolutely worth it.

Attached: tela-perfect-world-1-wwbr.jpg (1024x768, 420K)

good times

Attached: ferentus_s48w4d0t0hJNa.jpg (800x600, 117K)

KoG'. It was doing fine, only retarded PvP'ers were crying about it.

That was made before the official ending

KoG, really. It was popular in Brazil, they could've kept the server going doing minimal updates, hell they could've even let Brazil make their own updates. I understand that you would have too much care and respect to let other people handle your IP, but when you just make a mobile game out of it, you don't have any ground to stand on. But fuck it, their IP, they can do whatever they can. I can only hope that KurtzPel turns out to be super good despite the bad CBT, and continue Grand Chase's story.

Why was grand chase so popular?
and what do you guys think of elsword?

Fantasy earth zero

this also silkroad online.

don't really miss neither too much, tho coh was cool as fuck.

>I can only hope that KurtzPel turns out to be super good despite the bad CBT
I don't think they have a chance, to many problems that shouldn't be there for a company that's essentially making the same guy they've made two times already but in 3d.
Not to mention a huge focus on pvp is fine for south korea, they've got reportedly the best net in the world but the servers in Yurope and NA felt laggy and that kills a game like this.
>continue Grand Chase's story.
They'll fucking try, they've been less than subtle in hinting that the worlds are connected somehow, KoG will never stop making grand chase sequels they'll use elise over and over and i can't really blame them.

Attached: Who could that be?.png (1920x1080, 3.87M)

I spent like 400 dollars on PWI when I got my first job. I still have the fucking prepaid cards to remind me of my shame.

Attached: 1542016538913s.jpg (249x166, 7K)

>Why was grand chase so popular?

I guess because the game was fully dubbed. It was if not the first, one of the very first to be like that. The gameplay was also really good, with a high skill ceiling, so it attracted the tryhards.

>and what do you guys think of elsword?
Can't speak for anyone else, but I, for one, dislike it. Reminds me of what GC was turning into when it was in it's deathbed. The PVP was also much less fluid. then again, I played it on the Korean servers when in the beta, so maybe it got a ton better.

>Lunia
Fuck yeah this was a fun game. I came into this after playing Maplestory and Flyff for 5 years and grinding got boring. This game was original, had a good story and the secrets were fun to find in each level and you actually wanted to play with groups of people.

Heroes of the Obylisk was another good one but they both shut down around the same time.

>Our Grand Chase was the biggest and most popular/influential server BY A MILE.
True. The entire competitive scene was just on kGC and brGC.

If you were one of those weirdos that joined that Sword Art RP guild I have zero respect for you.

FUCK I miss playing DA
youtube.com/watch?v=xyP_pXZ_vD8

My niggas. I will always fondly remember my autism in drilling every 10 seconds on every map to get that damn rainbow stone for job changing...

Attached: Trickster-Online.jpg (620x350, 250K)

Didn't play a lot of MMOs as a kid. The closest would probably be Soldat. Is that still a thing?

I fucking hate you man, i played this piece of shit for half a decade non-stop, the original and the private servers that are around, i just want to forget this exists

>Who could that be?.png
My favorite elf slut Lire is so cute

Runescape

So how long until Elsword dies lads? at least in NA

Attached: 1550450312797.png (950x596, 178K)

Agree with you. Maybe the guys who left KoG to make Closers are the ones with actual talent. Who knows. But I really want the game to be good. The PvE is on point, they just need to make trash mobs good and they got a good anime MMO. Sprinkle some GC/Elsword fanservice and you are done. I can't understand for the life of me why they would focus on PvP. They have never been good at balancing that, the PvP is really infuriating to play. Either you stunlock your enemy do dead/Take 70% of their HP in one hit, or they do the same to you. It's just not fun. But the PvE is on point. And the character costumization is good too. They have the right pieces but rather focus on something no one wants.

CG dying made me so happy because there's nothing more satisfying than seeing Level up games getting fucked

>because there's nothing more satisfying than seeing Level up games getting fucked
Not a BR what's the lore on Level up games why the hate?

does flyff still exist?

Bad costumer suport for all their games, hackers everywhere and not getting banned, drama, the list just goes on and on.

>there are more video game players nowadays than there ever was before
>somehow MMO genre is dead and despite multiple tries, can't be brought back to its glory days
worst timeline

Not gonna lie, I've been playing ROMobile on an emulator and while it's not exactly the same, its really given me the old school RO feels
Been enjoying the hell out of it
Really wish they'd consider a PC client though

Attached: RO.jpg (1920x1080, 1.69M)

isn't it dead already?

But like a phoenix it rises again.

Really?

I liked it :(

Attached: F94AB131-9B39-45C4-9D9B-A295F58FC3F2.jpg (220x306, 36K)

Face it man, the mmorpg is a dead genre it had 2 decades maybe 3 if you want to be generous. But the bottom line is the western market doesn't like grindy games of f2p games with massive paywalls. While the koreans and eastern countries still do, if you want to keep playing mmorpgs learn to speak korean and get citizenship there, the mmorpg genre might have 2 more decades in south K before Mobas and Battle royal games finally put the nail in the ever closing coffin of the MMORPG, even titans like WoW are on their deathknell.

Surprisingly yeah or atleast it was when I looked it last year.

i still have this installed and refuse to uninstall

We cant go back, anons.
It's dead and the closest clone was a flop.
2.5d isn't developed anymore and the latest RO iteration literally plays itself.

F's in the chat.

We will never go back to peak population before chinks ruined it all. Fuck those server wars.

There's a EU private server called Return of Reckoning if you ever want to play again

Attached: cb78fb952f877560290aef99370515bd-700.jpg (1050x700, 143K)

I miss the comfy music bros

This or more specifically for me, city of villains and the six fucking discs it came on.

Scarily enough, it's still alive. Or undead, anyhow. Yes, it was basically a text MMO.

Attached: gemstone iii.gif (332x104, 20K)

None of you have known the viciousness of how everyone scrambled for the boss's loot.

Attached: bots-go.jpg (800x600, 80K)

I really liked Ryzom for some reason.
I was shit at it and didn't understand anything but it was really cool.
Other than that, runescape, and I guess that's doing fine with OSRS and all.

>you wil never see the ending of elesis and ronan together.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 5662365737683725.png (280x291, 84K)

It was trashy, but it was fun.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

>you wil never see the ending of elesis and ronan together.

Attached: 1445934996323.jpg (664x955, 295K)

>cosmic break NA will die next month
the gasha game without being mobile.every new moe robot was more broken than the previous one.
i will not even miss it.
and you faggots from the cosmic break fanforum are mentally ill.

Attached: 4626575683665.png (288x319, 181K)

I played a game called shaiya, idk what happened to it.
I still only play mmos today like Runescape lol, why did everyone stop playing mmos though?

Attached: 1549855278906.gif (269x350, 93K)

>cosmic break NA
I've never been on the fanforum, you aren't wrong about it being gasha bullshit though.

Little to no advertising, ad-blockers blocking all the mmo ads, kids and teens only listening to e-celebs, Fortnite.

WindSlayer was so addictive, why did it had to die off, stupid Outspark.

Attached: nct.png (906x572, 1.24M)

they turned it into garbage

Attached: 61567-gunbound-revolution-windows-screenshot-attacking-eats-away.jpg (800x600, 149K)

>cosmic break fanforum
you will miss them
youtube.com/watch?v=aKnQ0BJTCJ4

Maple Story, as always.

I will go to my grave cursing John Smedley.

Attached: 1546619224901.jpg (966x1024, 88K)

I want to go back... beach parties where fun as fuck Ive never seen another mmo do that.

Attached: 2D0FA2C1-E7EE-432D-91E1-3C179E685B22-886-000001C4891624FD.png (260x194, 129K)

Ost was godlike

ughhh private servers don't have the same feel
half the time most the pq's don't work or are dead community just doesnt feel same and gms is so fucked :( is there a chance for an official pbb server?

Not technically dead, but might as well be.
Am I the only one who played this? I remember putting a ton of time into this and never being any more than decent at anything but carpentry where I got Grand Master.
[/spoiler] I still don't understand how Gunning worked[/spoiler]

Attached: ahoy.jpg (530x318, 55K)

SDGO. The new shit just isn't the same

This was REALLY popular at it's peek. Shit was everywhere for a short while.

Does Survival Project count?

Trickster, Rumble Fighter, Lost Saga, Dream of Mirror Online, Mabinogi, La Tale.
One of the big ones I played a shit ton of died, but got a pretty good and surprisingly active fan revival, Fusionfall Retro. I guess having well-liked and extremely well-known characters in an MMO setting does wonders for the life span.

Attached: 1529351232295.jpg (243x284, 29K)

good game
got boring if you weren't in a prominent active crew
fuck crafting/work puzzles
I'll remember the day I left the big crew after saving up enough cash for a used sloop, jobber's delight was the best way to run a crew, with those few m8's you'd live together in a big house with
I do miss it

gunpowder, rag, cannonball, clean the cannon after it had been shot & repeat
You actually lost cannonballs if someone threw them off the ship in that puzzle, shit was intense as fuck
Barbarian raids with Bubble Bobble > shitty swordfighting puzzle fighter knock off where everyone's poor and has foil's and sticks, so you lose because swordfighting sucks dick
***SMASHING SOUND OF PIANO KEYS***
YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I could never get into La Tale, the movement speed was too slow.

HELLO
I really want to play again desu

Forgot another one I played the shit out of, GetAmped 2. It's not officially obliterated from existence the last I checked, but I don't even think it's playable anymore, due to how outdated the launcher is. Lots of broken links.
That bizarre art style and the hundreds of Kirito skins were oddly enjoyable to me, and that most likely retarded and really easy to miss story was pretty fun. Beat 'em up MMOs were baller.

Attached: 1550694519354.png (713x252, 309K)

Why didn't it become an esport?

Attached: s4.jpg (1024x768, 89K)

tfw only mmo I played as a kid was runescape
tfw log into my character after all these years and see all the old people on my friendslist that I never kept up with as a grew older
it hurts bros

Attached: tenor.gif (220x213, 131K)

I never did get the bladium set...

I dont think esports was a thing or rather, the whole thing was still in its baby steps to stray away from FPS's/Strategy

Wait is Elsword really kill?
Man I was thinking about firing it up again after not playing for a good 3 years just to dick around.
I actually kind of liked the gameplay, but the whole growing p2w, economy being absolute shite, and Add players made me stop.
That's a shame. Wish the Queen wasn't stuck in such a game.

Attached: 1459077883564.png (1600x1000, 287K)

It existed too late for it's time
By the time it was out, MapleStory had completely dominated the 2D Sidescrolling MMO field
Same thing happened with Ghost Online, WonderKing and LaTale

I played that for a week and somehow missed the shutdown notice until it actually shut down. Was fun though.

What happened to the S4 PS threads?

you can still find alot of players on elrianode (lv99 end game) area

WonderKing was also great but the devs didnt knew what to do with it. That one guy that bought the code wanted to revive it but then started asking for money and the project never took off.

It wasn't we got all of them Asin being the last one after the game switched to the guys who run NA elsword.

how is elsword kill?

Define "a lot".
And damn the cap is at 99 now? How long would it take to even reach near there, what with the whole stamina system? Unless they got rid of the system altogether.

>all these replies and not a single mention of ffxi
Fuck all you filthy fucking casual nu-Yea Forums fucks. Yes technically ffxi isn't kill yet but for all intents and purposes it died years ago. What a great fucking game. Great in how incredibly frustrating and terrible it was, but that just made the victories all the sweeter. I'll miss this fucking game for the rest of my life.

Attached: FFXIV_Aleczan00.jpg (800x500, 326K)

Jokes on you I still play on 2005 era private servers. It’s as good as ever.

comfiest town music tbqh

youtu.be/orb-MtL2daE

Attached: 1551022209605.jpg (337x613, 25K)

What killed it?

Attached: 1378235832794.gif (250x206, 1.19M)

EQOA anyone? I spent my PS2 MMO time between that and FFXI.

it aint gone i don't think but the good old days are long gone.

Attached: Adventure-Quest-worlds-3.jpg (964x553, 217K)

I still play retail FFXI
Still a great game

Arcanists on funorb. That game was my life and now it's gone

I still play on private servers

Attached: vgj.png (335x422, 185K)

>Valkyrie Sky
>Shmup MMO
>4 or 6 classes, like ranged archer and fighter (blocks shots up close by swinging swords) animal summoner etc
>imagine your typical MMO but when they say 'collect X animal tooth' or whatever instead of watching a guy wail on an animal for five minutes and hoping it drops one, instead you're flying through a shmup stage blasting shit and items are dropped and you have to deftly fly around to collect them.
>can still do cool shit with hotkeys like power blasts and temp shields etc
>more loot split at the end of the stage
>bosses, with bigger drops
>can only enter so many instances using a mana meter a bit like what ended up being used in freemiumshit
>but you could wait to refil, or refil by fishing and cooking or listening to someone playing music in hubs
>can also learn to cook or play music and skill up that way, could be a bard and buff your team before instances
>had a labyrinth mode that was basically a dungeon dive/boss rush against giant monsters that was a bit like ikaruga at times
>music was done by the guy who went on to make tohou
>guilds could buy airships to fly around the planet and fight each other pirate style

Man I wish someone would try making something like this again!

youtube.com/watch?v=W34dxu9JnR8

Attached: Valkyrie Sky.jpg (933x700, 38K)

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 2.36M)

Bots! Was fucking trash but damn I miss it.

I will never understand how they aimed so well still.

Wrong thread friend, did you managed to get Rank B at least?

I miss VS so much
It's been almost 10 years

I don't give a fuck how lower quality these models are compared to XIV, mithra are so much more boner inducing for some reason.

Attached: 232505.jpg (660x760, 54K)

I can't believe AQW has been out for over a fucking decade. I didn't like it as much, it felt grindy even by AE standards and the subscription model made it a worse choice for me as a kid.

AQ3D is a bit lacking on content but what's there is fairly solid. Some of the dungeons and bosses are more interesting and difficult than in 'real' MMOs I've played.

It should have. The high end players were skilled as fuck.
>jump off this wall at a very specific timing then swirl the screen and land on this very tiny area to jump back off and land behind you and slash you down all in mere seconds
Combat was intense. It was basically some anime fighting shit all the time. Truly a good fighter.

It's the right thread because if i make a dedicated one it'll die too soon.
No i didn't get rank B, i only started yesterday and as soon as i started to git gud, i got matched against premades one after another.

It still hurts.

Holy fuck 10 years. I gotta get off this goddamn site.

Zoomers get out, this is real boomer hours
synthetic-reality.com/wosHome.htm

If you didn't edit sprites to make your own character, then you don't know SHIT about video games.

Attached: wosPromo2.jpg (600x300, 56K)

Did millennials play this?

So very true

They are more feral and have sexier bodies, you don't need to use mods either since they already got a plump butt.
That sucks, once i started playing it as a fighting game it went by quite easily.

Attached: mhj.png (1417x757, 1.73M)

>oooooooooooooowwwww

>RO
>Dead
Your one of those niggas that purposefully plays on ~50pop servers and then cries when he gets kicked out of the server's only guild because of drama.

Missed my damn days taking care of my guildies. We had some comfy af times in the hub.

Take me back bros

Attached: Latale.jpg (1280x1024, 256K)

Hey Elsword fags, how much does a CBT Halo go for nowadays?

Also for original IGNs (Do people still pay for that?)

>mithra
>actual tribal like and beast like nature
>miqote
>humans wearing cat accessories

How can fantasy golf be so much fun? And so cute and erotic.

Mithra > 1.0 Miqote > ARR Miqote

Why do the japs hate butts?

Attached: butt.jpg (1024x246, 36K)

Endless Ages.

It was ahead of its' time and deserved a better fate than being sold off, dismantled and broken/lost. The Player Housing alone would've been an amazing system for any other MMO but that's the one thing they lost and never found/fixed. Fucking Aaron had no idea what he had.

>tfw over 26.000 hours into Ragnarok Online
>over 90% of it was in a single private server
There will never be a time like this ever again.

Attached: Ragnarok world map.jpg (2416x3732, 1.91M)

I mean it's not about the butts. Okay well it is a little bit, but context goes a long way. Mithra really give off that whole amazonian feel, and that shit makes me diamonds.
Also they're more lazy than allergic to butts. Didn't they basically use human models as a base and just tweaked a few things here and there for the newer models?

Survival Project

Cosmic Break 1 is dying? This is a tragedy.

Anybody else was here when half of Yea Forums was playing it on beta? Yea Forums, Yea Forums and /m/ each picked a faction and we turned it into a Yea Forums brawl.

Attached: 1549135746033.jpg (700x513, 43K)

FFXI

Not nearly as old and still not dead but Tree of Savior was 100% undistilled fun during betas and early access.

Attached: screenshot_20161129_00002.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>100% undistilled fun
>with that massive-ass lag
>you'd do the starter quest
>90minutes later you'd get credit for it
>can't loot anything
>can't do anything besides kill 1 in 5 mobs you come across
>undistilled fun

>he didn't get to work immediately at midnight to get ahead of the curve
New MMOs are always like that. If you don't put distance between you and the new players that mass join in the first days, you will never recover.

Is there any alive action mmos?

I missed those days, I don't know why they shut down Cosmic League it was really fun.

your moms bedroom

Nigga it was that bad at launch -because- of speedrunning spergs. That and they had shit servers.
It's about the journey either way - speedrunning that shit just makes you bored sooner

>MapleStory
>Old-school RuneScape
>Adventure Quest
Lost in time..like tears...in rain.

Attached: aEkDMqLE_700w_0.jpg (700x770, 21K)

Phantasy Star Universe. This game had a lot of problems, but I sure had fun with it. The combat was so much more lively than traditional MMOs. More of a beat-em-up hack-and-slash, it was great. Plus I loved the sci-fantasy settting, and all the weird weapons you could collect. Good times, but a surprisingly small fanbase. I rarely see the game mentioned.

I was there right up until the end, when the servers were taken down. Very heavy feeling watching that final "Disconnected from server" message pop up.

Attached: Serious3.jpg (640x510, 78K)

Attached: 1535339042151.png (740x900, 923K)

maplestory. the form it exists in today might as well be a different game and i don't really like it.

don't ever reply for someone else
faggot

You know what was worse? Down the line they made every field have 20+ channels, guaranteeing that you would never ever find another player. The problem with modern MMOs is that people join hoping for a social game but nobody accepts the fact that competing for resources is a thing in shared game world. They want a single player grind game with an online chat room.

Attached: 1422316393591.gif (340x305, 2M)

World of Warcraft

I own the box and artbook for this.

What went wrong in the Kurtzpel CBT?

I've yet to meet any other person who played Silent Plot 1, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this game.

Attached: 0000310350.jpg (702x716, 152K)

thread got me cryin

Attached: GunZ.png (696x393, 439K)

I really want to play this since I didn't get to play the original but I hear the PvE content isn't fleshed out yet.

>Mabinogi still exists but the power creep and me quitting made my character so weak
>Grand Fantasia was fun only because of cheat engine
>Dragon Nest is so dead it infuriates me
>Gunbound is fucking dead thanks to aimbots x1000
>Forgot rs3 password and I'd go back to osrs only for skilling
>Spiral Knights caught AIDS
>Tera isn't appealing anymore

Can somebody hold me? I miss logging in and talking shit with the bros.

Y'know my memories of my guild members are probably why Overlord has such a special place in my heart, and the only LN I've bothered to buy

I miss this game so much

Gunz is the greatest shooter in the world, no other game has taken up so much of my life as gunz has.

Gran fantasia es.

Tera will always hold a special place in my heart even if its run my morons.

Attached: Heavy armor Class.jpg (789x795, 214K)

Attached: rubies of eventide.jpg (800x600, 188K)

We are living in the dark ages of MMOs. ArchAge, Tree of Savior, Black Desert and Blade and Soul came out very close to one another and each and every one of them failed to be "the one" to save MMOs. There hasn't been any one good MMO announcement since, there's nothing to look forward to. Not to mention that everyone has been pretty jaded about it.

Attached: 1492522864905.jpg (630x551, 36K)

Runescape
I know osrs exists but it will never be the same

Archeage and BDO had potential but the Korean jews ruined them

This game has done things to me.
Any other game that has slashing and blocking, I inadvertently try to cancel the swing animation with a block to simulate GunZ's butterfly until I remember GunZ was long dead.
Fucking hackers and publishers ruined a perfectly good game.

I was placing my bets in Tree of Savior but I have to admit that each and every one of those games had potential and it's a major loss to see them all turn into nothing. Somebody other than Koreans needs to start making MMOs or else this shit will never change, those people don't know into game design.

Keep the music though. It's the only thing that kMMOs always get right.

This game always made me feel like the other person was a hacker because you would die so quickly when they melee'd you but you could not do the same when melee'ing.

Fuck man this brings back memories of farming for lass when his second job came out, pvp-ing with my friends (beating ass with ronan's 2nd job on gorge), and of course that glorious lobby music that to this day I remember.
Fuck KOG man.

Do you know if Clementine is live? They are ignoring all of their sites and just dump info/news on their discord which I dislike using.

>image
Man that really hits close to home.

Attached: 1538077504057.gif (336x256, 401K)

I still played on an irregular basis until late 2017. they should've made a single player game with all the assets.

I only ever played the demo for this that was on the Xbox 360, but I played it religiously.

>I own the box and artbook for this.
Granado Espada has some amazing art work. Wish there was a place where I can view most of it online.

Attached: yi-eun-jin-1.jpg (1700x1168, 515K)

>ronan

Attached: the real finale.jpg (850x1120, 324K)

Ghost Online, WonderKing and WindSlayer were all shamelessly Maplestory ripoffs but lacked its charm and polish so it's no wonder they all died off. LaTale is the only game that was good enough to retain players, but its server-sided action completely kills any momentum in gameplay and makes it feel clunky and slow.

Well of fucking souls omg

Luna online, later on, Eden Eternal.

Attached: ss_9181fa6a8cc164bcad5668a5a8862d61e16654fd.1920x1080.jpg (1280x720, 470K)

Ultima Online

Takes me back to a time where my friends and I would look around and try to find random MMOs to try out and play
This one was really comfy

Attached: Trickster.full.35853.jpg (1280x960, 406K)

>Played it with buds from a Touhou forum
>Doing big dick deeps as a Mage, getting fucked up on Bifrost and their kamikaze spawns
>Ghetto streaming Lady Gaga songs on Skype group calls while fishing during downtime
It was great. I think when the publisher announced it was closing there was some brief interest in developing a private server, but there wasn't enough time to packet sniff all the content.

Attached: 1529176969974.png (1001x823, 806K)

Good fucking riddance, get rekt you fucking nostalgia fags, Elsword stole the only good character and lives on!

Attached: Elsword Elesis.jpg (1013x1200, 479K)

Ha, I fucking love laughing at you CoH fags, so pathetic, it was a corpse from the start, I'm amazed anyone was so lonely they got an attachment to that shitheap.

Fuck you, I liked it

Attached: 2w4d5w4.png (1595x893, 2.46M)

Damn I miss this game.

hahahha that anatomy jesus fuck

I was really hoping someone would be posting FLYFF's OST in this thread before I opened it. But none of you posted the absolute best song in the game.

youtu.be/Ezq-nqzCz2I

I never played it, but I was told it's the same composer for Ragnarok: Online

Attached: 1427133198791.gif (334x450, 2.79M)

They've made an actual fun to play game, rather than limiting characters, RIP Elsword air combos, but the pvp is the same shitfest.

Attached: Closers Soma (2).webm (900x506, 2.67M)

Another former LT player here.
Just gotta accept it's dead. Some other publisher is pay2win sucking off of people now but all our stuff from OGP got wiped. Not worth the pain.

Everquest 2
LOTRO

They streamlined leveling and gearing quite a bit, you can reach cap in a day or 2 if theres an exp event going. It slows down at cap due to the endless grind for El Tears to optimize your last armor set.

>Spiral Knights
You fucker, that game was too good to die
>there's grinding, but not too soul-crushing
>decent gameplay, fair difficulty in all sides
>cool ass knights ranging from Cobalt sets down to Snarbo sets

I miss playing Gunbound in a private lobby with my school friends.
youtube.com/watch?v=xY-7zEz55pY

Poor management, powercreep characters, uninteresting gameplay filled with status immune and power-armored enemies who one-shot you but take 30 hits to kill.

>Maplestory pre-Big Bang
>Travelling to different continents with others
>Chatting people up while moving
>Playing card games to pass the time
>Fighting for Fame and trying not to get Defamed
>Fucking up stats because I didn't understand the meta
>Drop parties and other scams
>Opening monster bags in public areas
>Party quests where we all had to work together
>That day Lubridium and 3rd jobs were released

FUCK, I MISS THE GOLDEN AGE

>and lives on
not for much longer
hopefully whatever new thing they do they port her over to it as well

I need to get back into closers.
wish the english soul worker server wasnt as bad as it was either that could have been good

>Shitty MMO makes a unique class that no other MMO does well
>Dies and no one ever tries to make a unique class like it again

Fucking Billposter and Jesters.

Literally the golden age of MMOs. Games like these could only exist in an era where the internet was still relatively new and social media hadn’t gotten its death grip on everything.

SoulWorker reminded me that Kritika exists, and it's fun as fuck. God I wish there was enough interest to make a Kritika and a Vindictus 2, such fun games to play.

>power-armored enemies
fuck
>who one-shot you
that
>with a weak looking blow
shit

Attached: 1328969929748.jpg (579x3936, 620K)

The internet getting social media hubs and the emphasis on single-player experiences in FUCKING MMOS OF ALL THINGS really hampered my enjoyment of online games in general. No one's sincere or genuine anymore either; just endless shitposting and needlessly confrontational for petty things. God damn, do I need to find more new games with developing fanbases.

Attached: 1426018114225.jpg (794x732, 202K)

Never had an english release right?

Also, isn't there a private server for this?

RIP

Attached: 1_rusty_hearts_heroes.jpg (508x279, 42K)

So much this
>Be a blacksmith that can tank
>Summon and pilot a Gundam because fuck you

Attached: hgf.png (531x373, 296K)

What the fuck game is this? It looks amazing.

Tibia, I fucking loved this game. looking back I was so fucking trash, I wish I could re-play it with the knowledge I have now, but It's long dead

Attached: VoH7U[1].jpg (1280x1024, 224K)

Maplestory had something similar in terms of a class that used a mech to fight and be mobile while still having an out of mech option.

cc under atlas

Found screenshots of my characters. You can see my crappy attempts at making forum signatures too.

Attached: Heroes.jpg (799x374, 92K)

FFXIV (FF14) version 1.0

So shit they tore it down and rebuilt it as FFXIV 2.0 which is the WoW looking game we have now.

FFXIV. It wasn't.

now THIS is the 200 IQ game, I really miss it

Didn't it have an incredible physics engine though?

i didnt like kritika at all, combat felt super stiff and janky

FFXIV 1.23
Despite what people are saying, the final couple patches were right when they finally figured out what the fuck they wanted to do with the game and everything flowed and played well
Only the bad publicity from the games initial launch had done its damage so they tore it down and turned it into ARR

Dragon Oath, i bet none of you ever play it because it's obscure as hell

That was 1.2x and it was indeed fucking great.

>lives on
as if.
pvp is so dead those days it's painful to even bother logging and everything else is just mindless grinding.

>Yotsuba Knights
The only Yea Forums guild that isn't shit

Yes
The engine it used put strain and lagged on even the most high end computer at the time
But goddamn did the game look gorgeous
Everything had weight to it
From animations to clothing, it was great

It gets better as you get your jobs, and the newer classes are definitely better than the starters

Attached: Krit Psion (2).webm (960x540, 2.47M)

Dragoon Mithras are a ticket to bonerville

I heard this was actually neato.

Fuck yeah that game was awesome. I just had a really really shit computer, so the game lagged every so often, but still had a blast playing. When I finally got a better computer, it was way too late.
I never got to play as the bunny girl, I picked the fox and went full crit build with it.

SMT:Imagine.
Shame it didn't last long after Aeria handed it off to Atlus.

Attached: SMTImagine.png (645x200, 68K)

Makes sense they had to downgrade it to reach a broader player base to even run it so the game could survive.
I guess it's wishful thinking that they could get that weight back in with better hardware being more accessible.

So many memories. Anyone here hanged out at mytrickster forums?

I wish FFXIV looked like this. It's been years since the initial launch. Computers are stronger, PS3 support is gone, but the fucking producer is a hack when it comes to the graphics.

Ahhh GC.

My favorite part about that game was stealing $2,000 worth of Seal Breaker items thanks to a glitch they didn't patch out in time.

Had a pretty disgusting Duelist Sieghart after that. A shame the game was so grindy and had some of the shittiest "stroke my dick for gifts" admins you could find. One of my friends became an admin for the forum in that game, but the game died not too long after she got the position. So that was a shame.

Endless Online's official servers

>What happened to Endless Online?
>Back in August of 2015, Endless Online was shut down by the owner, Vult-r, after a member of the community acquired full control of the server database. He did this by creating a fake email address pretending to be Vult-r, contacting the server administration team who, foolishly, handed over the server details along with the database information.
>Following this was huge abuse which inevitably ruined the server. Vult-r informed the community of the database hijack and stated the server will temporarily be shut down until further notice. Nothing has happened since.
>About a dozen or so members of the community acquired a copy of the Endless Online database before the server was taken offline. This was eventually deciphered and all personal information belonging to players (usernames, passwords, emails) were obtained.

>I was really hoping someone would be posting FLYFF's OST in this thread before I opened it. But none of you posted the absolute best song in the game.
S.F.A and SoundTeMP do a shit ton of soundtracks for a ton of Korean mmo's. You should also check out Granado Espada's soundtrack, that game has like over 200 tracks from them. I think 1 of the 2 also did the ost for Grand Chance as well.

>I never played it, but I was told it's the same composer for Ragnarok: Online
Never played RO so I can't compare but FlyFF was pretty vanilla as an mmo gets or it used to be at least, it was like the most treadmill mmo you could get. Flying was basically a faster means of transportation and that's it, there was suppose to be flight combat like the game would advertise but I think that idea went on unfinished for years. Flying was great for exploring though. The game was like 3 floating continents that you could fly through. As soon as you got your first board or broom that let's you fly, you could fly from the starting area all the way to the high level areas and when you're flying you are invincible to ground enemies so you can get up in the larger enemies faces and get a closer look.

So you can imagine Flyff soundtrack playing while flying around in that game seeing all the neat sights as Flyff's world was pretty weird, shit just made no sense.

Attached: 1523767785691.gif (1500x868, 602K)

I specifically mentioned this game in the Atlus survey.

better graphics wont change the same content cycle that's becoming quite stale

Attached: 1509501298349.jpg (970x1040, 173K)

Attached: PsionTrash.webm (720x405, 2.91M)

Who here played Lineage 2?
The world building was fucking good and I just had fun exploring the map although it’s admittedly not perfect and had large patches of empty areas

>be me
>31 year old office wagecuck
>grew up playing Ultima and Ragnarok before going to WoW and each and every WoW-killer
>As a teenager, I never had enough time to no-life MMOs due to school and afternoon clubs/responsibilities
>Always envious of my older friends in College or those that had jobs because the'd get to play late into the night without having their parents threaten to sell their PCs for staying up past 10 PM
>Now that I'm older, I have all the time in the world to play MMOs late as fuck into the night and do binge sessions throughout the weekend without anyone telling me what to do. I have all this free time but nothing to spend it on.
>As a double whammy, all of my online friends from the guilds and clans I've been in are all married or have careers
>My days now consist of going to work, maintenance dailies on a couple gacha games, maybe run a sortie on Warframe if I'm feeling adventurous, and then pissing the rest of the day away until I go to bed at midnight to repeat the cycle the next day.

What kind of sick fucking joke is it that there's nothing worth playing now that I have so much time on my hands?

Attached: Dale.gif (500x355, 925K)

>playing xiv the last few months
>giant red moon constantly getting bigger over time
>everyone logged in got the same cutscene when the servers went offline
it was one of the best online experiences I had to be quite honest.

I'm 31, and I'm grinding away in Kritika, Vindictus, Honkai Impact, Apex and HotS. I can't wait for DMC5.
Just embrace playing skill-based games and enjoy. I want to find a good passive mobile game to enjoy during work hours, I dropped Epic 7, Azur Lane and Destiny Child, I had my fun with them. Will give Brown Dust a go when it releases.

Attached: Honkai - Flame Sakura 2.webm (900x506, 2.76M)

>only really gave a hoot about Amy
>requirements to unlock shit in that game were annoying at best
>now its a mobage

I can't tell if its easier to get what you want now or harder. Still I feel bad for the GC players that were really deep into that game. This is a spit in the face.

I loved how the final hours of fighting the Empire felt completely hopeless
The mobs were strong as fuck and people were dying left and right
It really set the tone for the trailer right
Fuck I still miss it though

this was a classic, too bad not many people got it on steam. dont think any private servers work either unfortunately

Never played MMOs as a kid but my first was Firefall. Then it died like 2 or 3 years later. Never experienced anything else like it. It's almost exactly what I imagined MMOs would be like. I loved the social aspect of it and how everyone was doing their own thing but you could jump in and help out or make things difficult. Tornado hunting was awesome, and sometimes I would lure a bunch of enemies into the camps/cities to make it feel like we were under siege, and both NPCs and players would react to the invasion. And sometimes we would get real invasions form the devs, it was so cool after coming from games like Halo where you get 16 players max in a match. The world felt like it was a alive, and the game to me was like a mix of Borderlands and Halo.

I came lat to the game, but I loved just chilling and grinding drills while slow building new shit. That game is what made me find Warframe, and now I hop into that for fun solo shit. I still liked the open world-ness of firefall and sitting out there for hours.

I’m here bro. Never forget when Castle Lightwolf would go down and all the shitters from that server would move to Diren Hold and make a bunch of Freeport spawn humans and blockade the streets. Never forget completely lacking any kind of in game map so you had to go off of the piece of shit archaic map that was in the game manual. Never forget running to Deathfist Citadel and getting lost in the desert or having someone die along the way, and they never find the group again so after over an hour you disband without doing anything. Never forget begging for SoW from druids or the super bored GMs who would join the chat and randomly kill players who would PM them

have you thought about taking up a different hobby?

>had a 200 person crew at one point
>owned a small island
>ran a few regular Atlantis runs
>account sits dormant with 200 some ships and all my memories

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 69K)

Exteel.

Had so much fun playing that game for a week before they shut it down with no reason.

Attached: exteel-mech-mmo.jpg (1024x768, 111K)

>ad campaign that calls it Rusty Farts

I was so bad at it, but dammit if I didn't have a good time.

Attached: S4 League.jpg (600x800, 71K)

I miss it too man. It even had a PvE ish mode which was tons of fun

Player base was dying unfortunately
I really just want another Mecha TPS with Multiplayer
Is that so much to ask for?

Attached: sdgun.jpg (700x373, 187K)

Requiem memento mori
Rf online
Conquer online
Rose online
Knights online
Helbreath

I pretty much jumped from one game to another and I'm sure most of these are still up but are a shell of their former selves.

Really enjoyed rappelz when it was new

Attached: rappelz-temple.jpg (1024x768, 191K)

My younger brother (29) still plays Vindictus. That poor bastard is gonna still be playing even if he's the last one on the NA servers.

I've been roped into Girls Frontline by a coworker because it's very simple to passively "play" by checking your phone every half hour or so to make sure your raifus are out running logistics for you. I only really actively play it while on the shitter at work once or twice a day and then finish the daily tasks while I'm in bed. It's not for everyone but it's certainly not high maintenance like most other mobile games.

I got in a fucked up state of mind last year after my birthday that had me at a really low point in my life. Because I was looking to regain some control in my life I decided to at least try to get healthy. So for the last six months I've been running and getting into cooking healthier instead of going out to eat every night. I have a long way to go but I'm down 35 lbs at least. I'm not sure if this counts as a hobby but I figure I gotta at least not hate myself in order to grow.

Never once seen this discussed on Yea Forums but it was really excellent. One of the first MMOs to have good in-game voice chat and action combat.

Attached: Dungeons_&_Dragons_Online_Stormreach_box.jpg (267x372, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PPoHpGzcWLI

Good lord i miss this game so damn much. Theres a private server up there but isnt the same thing. I still have the game files and i'll never delete it.

wizardry online....

Attached: cat sniffer.jpg (3024x3024, 2.02M)

Mobage is the future comrades

It's a very fucking weird space. While there's shitty clash of clans and FGO's and shit, there's a great game like Honkai Impact that's Bayo-lite and Cygames using the cash from GBF to fund ZOE ports, and actual cool looking games.

Attached: HI8.webm (900x506, 2.14M)

>tfw there's no MMO where getting rare stuff is cool anymore
>tfw skills and spells are just handed to you as a function of levelling up instead of being from rare quests or drops
>tfw the "hard to get" stuff is just timegated behind some boring grind now and doesn't require any actual knowledge or interesting gameplay

Are you niggas ready for tomorrow?

Attached: dk.png (599x428, 629K)

I loved Herowarz because it attached those kinds of skill mods to the gear you found, like "turn your gathering skill to a high damage burst skill"
But people hated that aspect of it. RIP.
I'm glad the chinese are funding it's revival as Nightmare Breakers, I hope it does well, I loved those characters.

Attached: HeroWarz Mary.jpg (1920x1200, 984K)

I can't for the life of me handle pseudo joystick controls on my phone. I don't know how zoomers do it but I just can't do that shit.

I was too poor to play any games that required a subscription or B2P, so I would frequently google "best free MMORPG" and play whatever the coolest looking one was. Knight Online was the one I put the most time into, as it was a step up from the 2d garbage like Runescape in terms of graphics. It was absolute P2W grindy trash though, like the most prototypical F2P asian MMO you could get.

Attached: Knight-Online-Graphics.jpg (1600x900, 342K)

I emulate to play the actual game, I only have it on my phone so I can send my characters on those timed auto-missions while I'm at work

>mfw i took that dudes ign once

Don't forget BLESS!!!!!!

God damn.

Its not much of a loss to you man. Is being above 25 considered a zoomer still?

>lost saga
Probably had the worst fucking power creep of any gook MMO ever, along with some of the most retarded and blatantly exploitative ways of milking your money.

>bless
holy shit what an absolute shit show
i hope their console release blows too, they fuckin deserve it

consoles dont even play mmos, those dumbfucks are retarded

isnt vindictus 2 literally being made but with a different name, dragon hound or some shit

>make mmo using unreal
yeah they definitely are, it's pretty clear they just want easy cash without putting in the effort

>tfw luna online got rebooted but it's still terrible

it's a weird feeling bro

No clue, I hope so. I need more action games in my life instead of endless shitty battle royales.

this game has awesome graphics, I just wish it wasn't as shit as it is

>GetAmped 2 somehow outlives Cosmic Break
>Everyone just plays GA2 to fight at a very tiny corner in Avyon
Cyberstep games are fun in general but they're extremely P2W

Attached: 1512898713204.gif (255x192, 1.07M)

No MMO ever had this much soul.
It's probably the game I spent the most time playing in my life. So many days trying to play 24 hours straight using the exp boosters.
I regret only getting to level 285.
Fuck I miss this game.

Damn shame too
Elsword had so much potential
Fuck Korea

Attached: 1530336806100.gif (500x430, 155K)

Lunia online
Requiem online
Those were the days...

Attached: D1AAF34E-524B-43BF-9D04-AED2DDA031FE.jpg (1024x768, 287K)

Redmoon

I miss this prerendered 3D aesthetic or whatever it was.

Attached: 936104_423746251054360_1985386966_n.jpg (640x480, 91K)

I thought this was such a groundbreaking game when it first came out. Sucks it's such a grindfest

Not-Pokemon was great.

Hey I'm in that pic! Rip ded gaem. Not even rebuild could save this shitty ass game.

>mfw there will never be a non-p2w trickster server

Attached: 1479828825397.png (201x199, 13K)

Ronan is still best boy in my heart.

Attached: 2a2be05352e594df00e9dcc46b923b23.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

Anyone remember this old JP MMO that had skill-based level ups like TES and Ultima? I've been trying to remember the name for years now but I can't remember.

>Survival Project
One of the first online games I ever played. It was also the first time I ever got scammed in my life, kek. Some fucker was offering free upgrades or something and he said I just needed to give him my card. Me being completely new to RPGs and online games, I gave it to him. He logged out as soon as I gave him my monster card and then I never saw him again.

There was an official english release back in 2003. It didn't last too long though.

Attached: 1531018920203.png (657x1079, 1.09M)

Fuck I miss Dragon Nest. And instead of a proper sequel we get a shitty mobile version.

Attached: 1518159881318.jpg (885x960, 104K)

Just accept it my boomerbros. MMO are dead and have been dead for years. It'll never be like the good old days. There will never bee an MMO that will be "the one". It's time to accept reality and move on with life...

Attached: AliceNoose.jpg (728x1000, 183K)

>aika online
>eden eternal
>GunZ
>sdgo
>mabinogi
shit was so magical when each of these game was in their prime, i feel sorry for people that missed out on the golden era of gaming from 2005 to 2013ish

Attached: mabinogi.jpg (1024x768, 182K)

Oof, I didn't exactly ask for this feel in particular but I'll take it my bro.

>nostalgia is like grief
>has waves and phases
>idk what I'm talking about but TFW

Some retard tried real hard to describe the feelaroo theorem on sci a little while back. Damn.

I thought this was grand fantasia at first. I always get the two confused. One is the action anime rpg thats kinda sidescrolling? With preset characters. And the other was a dank mmo with little pets you feed and level for crafting materials. I played the beta and got that noob sign hat when it went live.

>SDGO
The /m/ SDGO era from 2007-2009 was some of the most fun I ever had in video games.. goodnight sweet prince..

Attached: 1548423993649.jpg (400x400, 35K)

THE HOLY LIGHT WILL LEAD US
The fuck is KurtzPel? I downloaded the gacha just to see Lime again.

I saw all of these when i used to browse mpogd.com every other day looking for new games.

I did, though I started out over at TricksterMart
Still remember the people from that place along with the entire Jenova's Witnesses guild, sure as fuck wonder how they're all doing now.
man Links to Fantasy days in Trickster was some of the most kino shit I've ever experienced in any MMO, nothing to this day has come close to it such a great game, too bad ntreev got so fucking greedy with it (and none of the private servers are any better)

Isn't there a Trickster private server out there, I forgot the name of it.

Not even dead though. Just a very different game now.

Wish I could have tried Wizardy Online. I kinda also miss the era where I bothered to try all these different mmos just for fun instead of looking for something bigger.

Sword of the new world was pretty grindy when I played it. But the musketeer class was very stylish

Perfect world
Forsaken world
Florensia
Swg
Megaten

All of them are p2w. Even for private servers.

I don't, but I did play this one briefly in highschool. I feel like an old man because I recognize almost all of these games. Probably why these threads are so comfy since bots and tweens dont know most of the games and cant post about it.

Who FEZ here? To this day remains one of the best examples of an action-RPG combat system.

Attached: 1525607811783.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Aye
Only keep it installed because of Eve

Attached: Eve with Drones.jpg (936x649, 134K)

Those bastard boomerang fuckers with their perfect aim

The game was Glory Destiny Online, or Spirit Tales depending on where you played.

>Cute chibishit art
>Every monster was a pet if you were determined enough to fuck em into submission
>I meant beat them into submission
>Could turn into a werefox, weredragon, werekirin Fox a caster bitch, Dragon a tryhard, Kirin for MANLY MEN
>Nice locations, simple yet enjoyable soundtrack, simple gameplay
>One day, all servers merged over to Chinese servers
>Then all western accounts got deleted
>Then the game shut down

I'll miss my Kamen Rider caterpillar pet. This game hit all of my "YES" buttons for an MMO, and I feel bad that it'll never come back.

That and Cosmic Break. Game got fucked after it released out of beta.

Its less level grindy and more "HERE TAKE THESE FREE EXP SCROLLS AND GET TO HIGH LEVEL SO YOU CAN SEE ENDGAME CONTENT, OH AND COLLECT THESE UPC'S". Gear base mmo's are never good but I won't lie, I enjoyed it for awhile.

Attached: 1522556436384.jpg (486x330, 61K)

I still want to know the name of the artist of the original game. Its quite unique.

Attached: lire.jpg (736x735, 50K)

>rappelz

>ctrl f rappelz

MY NIGGA, loved the pet system. Oh how I wish I could go back to the old days, such simpler times man.

Server name? I played a bunch. PSIblade, acRO, legendRO? And a bunch more. 5x 10x rate max because anything else was boring and full of p2w or custom items.

Dofus/Wakfu would make a great Grand Chase clone, Dofus/Wakfu's art style fits so perfectly in Grand Chase's world.

What was the housing system like?

>Furries
What? Ragnarok had furries?

How is the state of elsword at the moment?

I wish the current ff MMO was more like xi, minus the menu based battle system

iris a cute
shame that MS1 was so dominant, latale had cooler classes and movement imo

Attached: latale_iris.jpg (1140x610, 333K)

I feel your pain user
What was your favorite mobile suit to use?

Trickster Online, it had so much charm but the devs gave up right after the 5th? job advance was released. It could've been so much more, I don't get why they gave up like that

whats up with this game??

Not really paying close attention, but they recently released a shark-teeth loli with her own little animated trailer. She has her own exclusive hub and dungeons until L99.

Attached: Laby.png (1564x2048, 1.51M)

I miss playing Lunia back when History 3-10 was hard, PvP was competitive and skill based and anyone who could clear Legend 3-10 was a god
I miss screwing around with friends on Trickster, going into Desert PvP to stir up trouble, abusing Faint on my Buffalo the day 2nd jobs got released to cheese people
I miss messing around on SoulMaster with friends back when it was still around, going into lobbies against bots and building mazes of turrets/towers because we didn't have the levels or gear to take them head on
all of these things are gone now and they will never come back

Attached: vSJDoDt.jpg (500x500, 27K)

I remember competing for bosses and quest npcs in classic mmos being a little annoying, but it meant you had to network a little more. Sometimes you'd sit and talk with the other people camping waiting for something to spawn or start a party. Now its just like
>"hay join my discord so I can link you memes and twitch streamers i like"
People dont make their own content or fun anymore.

Aren't there Elsword private servers?

Wasnt universe the ps2 one with a single player story? I legit never confirmed whether it had multiplayer like pso due to not getting through that cringe english voice over.

I never got good. I could never seem to consistently kill people and my block never worked properly. Then i'd see some asshole constantly flipping their sword around climbing walls and wrecking shit. Were the really good people actually hackers or was it all just high level shit i never understood?

Early on it was Space AIDS cause i was a dumb teen and loved memes

later on it was Stamen. by the time S ranks came out i was a Freedomfag

None of them are good, just like the official servers
Elsword needs a classic server to open up in order to be relevant again, the entire game is complete garbage in its current state

thanks man you made me remember the name of this and find it again, not only the combat but just the concept itself of player managed rts mixed with the action combat was absolutely ahead of its time

Attached: 1505364843193.jpg (221x213, 12K)

Is the story on bullshit levels yet?
It's funny how close of the plot of the mobage this fan ending is.

Attached: Screenshot_20181222-013754.png (960x540, 451K)

Archeage was great for the world and farming. The skill system kind of sucked since it was just the same 3 talent trees but different class names. Combat wasnt as good as it could have been. The world was great though. I loved sailing and seeing people doing long treks across the world with their supply packs with legit bodyguards to protect them in contested zones. Or those boats that would hang out in a cove near a port waiting to ambush a trade ship.

there's void but leveling is really fast and PVP lags way more than official servers
it's a decent choice if you're a solofag and want to avoid paying for shit like b-slots and costumes, but it's better to stick with official servers instead
just my 2 cents though

Whats with old MMOPRG always adding "Online" at the back of their name

>darkovia clock tower

Based Artix Entertainment keeping phonetards out of bludregen.

Attached: 1538718792791.gif (399x369, 39K)

I gave this a go on release, It was very different and interesting, I forget why I didnt keep up with it though. Maybe it was the usual thing where there was a huge gap between when you could go do another a quest because you needed to grind 10 levels or something.

It mostly ended. They tried to artificially lengthen it by shoving Uno in, but really, it had a decent conclusion where you beat Baldinar/Ashtaroth finally and seal him away.
I barely have the slightest idea what's going on. They had a shitty low quality anime that died fast, and basically they segregated Laby from the main plot to give her a personal storyline and full exclusive campaign to feel more fresh than rerunning through Elder, Bethma, etc. as her. From what I gather, the demons are kaput as the enemy for the most part, and Henir is now the source of all evil, corrupting living and machine alike and sometimes inducing grotesque mutations, spawning creatures made purely of overgrown muscle called "freaks," and violent behaviour. It's basically space-virus from what I can see. I stopped bothering with the story quests just so Yuno would stay in Atlas Station forever. Wish they'd revisit Alterasia plants honestly.

Attached: yuno2.jpg (480x360, 36K)

>Maplestory shoots the better game in the foot
>Latale proceeds to chase off any chance of a global playerbase due to it being so ping reliant because server sided fucking movement.

Its such a shame latale has so many fucking neat classes

Attached: 1504733910919.png (480x480, 234K)

thanks to the devs behind the pserver project we might actually see this game revived one day
im working on editing the files/server data to try and custom balance the game and undo most of the gamebreaking shit they did, it feels like there was a good balance to the game at one point and that it played like a faster-paced mabinogi (with a similar skill leveling system) but that got thrown out the window
as for an actual functioning server right now, check out re:imagine, they've been doing pretty well from what i've seen, but the content isn't totally there yet

Luckily now we know that the canon reality of it was they got shot out into another world to go fuck around. I actually like the story of the gachashit, it's decently charming despite how generic it is. Shame it's just an autobattle fest phone game.
>tfw not a BR but imagined that being how the story would go
>imagined Elesis and her friends saying goodbye as the world disintegrated around them
Lime hurt the most, I love Lime.

I forget what server I was on. I was sorrowblades and probably 'Dart' had a fun time making a warrior with pure strength after I got the graphically superior version of the game with CM points. I remember they introduced pvp dueling and id just wreck people higher levels than me thanks to the huge strength conversion on abilities. I could hold aggro from the dankest of wizards but I would later feel how shit my health was in later encounters.

small note because its 5 am and im tired and autistic
when i mentioned gamebreaking shit, i mean the original devs (CAVE), the pserver devs haven't fucked with the game's balance at all, theyre just trying to get content to work

>RO never recovered from the pre-release attacks and never reached its potential
>there will never be a game like RO ever again
Truly, we are cursed.

Attached: ba1.jpg (497x732, 92K)

the only players that are left are richfags who have too much invested into the game and spics everyone else moved on
Arena is absolutely dead, economy is still inflated as hell and only getting worse, newer dungeons are hot garbage
I wish there was an actual good Els private server
Fuck Void on a stick

Played all of those ezcepr rf and knights. Im surprised you knew about helbreath. Remember people spam casting magic missles in town? Also for requiem. Remember the glitch where turning into your demon form would cause the top of your model's head to blow off?

Looks confusing.
I honestly wish they sold the IP to levelup games anyway, they would do better than a mobage, somehow.

Attached: Screenshot_20190116-171307.png (960x540, 515K)

Search for Doram.

World of Warcraft

Attached: 1551174283205.jpg (628x630, 53K)

>tfw it actually came back for a month because of a chinese private server in december last year.

Happiest month of my life and now its gone again.

I used the xfire browser in this game to watch porn getting around the parental block, So many good memories.

Aw man, someone else who experienced it. That game really had a unique look that still sticks with me. I forget the character options and I didnt stick it out very long. It was a pretty lonely world at the time and the aesthetic was very creepy to me.

holy shit this
pre field update private server with the old dungeon gates and better exp tables any character past Chung doesn't get added
Literally the perfect Els server

Attached: 1539984629830.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Eh, I'll take what I can get, at least it gives out enough SR tickets that I already got the characters I like. Even have Ley with 2 purple stars and Lime with 1.
Dunno what to put on my Amy but I roll with what the game drops on me.

Is that how it is now? When i played it was like, grinding for hours with my 3 man family in this one dungeon.

Daaaaamn, my memory has deleted that one

Moonlight flower is sort of a furry :3

As long as Eve's there I'm good. I'll miss Lu Ciel though.

Attached: LuCiel.png (500x525, 255K)

Only loosely related, but that was the whole idea behind natural selection and NS2. It was an fps with marines vs aliens with each side having a commander that views the map like an rts and can issue orders/build structures. Unfortunately it failed to get a good playerbase.

Same
Lu's big dumb claws kind of grew on me but its a small price to play for purity

Yeah, the story is not that bad, i like that it seems to try to make the relationships between characters seem more real.
I still want a side story of Jin and Rey/Ley taking over a mafia.
True its quite f2p friendly.
And at least they didnt commit character homicide. yet.

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-213952.png (960x540, 659K)

Yes it's honestly very impressive what Fantasy Earth Zero was able to achieve with early/mid 2000s level of technology. Will never forget that game.

Not as a child but a teenager.
Perfect world private servers, was probably the most fun i ever had in pvp MMO.

this would be a good start, but there are definitely some good QoL changes in nu-els that should be ported over, last I logged on I noticed all the stats on my gear were actual %s and not retarded numbers, so it seemed like even using low level shit still gave full socket stats, that was a good change for once
unless we went so far back so as to remove the stat revamp, i'd be all for that too, along with ditching Arena and bringing back the VP-system and sparring (which last I remember, the information for is still in the client, lmao)

Damn I wish i would've known
Really wish we could get stuff like Maxi Boost or Gundam Breaker 3 ported to the PC
Still pissed off that Bandai localized the two worst entries in their series, which I'm sure they'll use as an excuse to not localize anything else in the future

I enjoy how bratty Ley is, and I rather liked the cutscenes for Sage's raid stage.

NS had a good population for quite some years, but NS2...
>main programmer decides he's a genius and making his own 3D engine will be easier than using one
>It goes just as well as you'd expect

Their smartest move so far has been to give the keys to the community when they decided to move on. I wish more devs did that.

>Drift city
>mfw

Attached: manofculture.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Yeah I feel like the characters have been handled well, the dialogue's decently smooth. Lime in particular is exactly how I remember her, despite the shitty karen strassman acting (same VA as Poseidon) I love Lime anyway. Ley's got some fun lines. Working my way up to those Kounat select tickets, I can't beat Molly right now in the Temple raid. Beat that thing in your pic easy because Ley's got 50k power.

>phantasy star universe
dead as disco
>WoW
I wish

Attached: 1542484792746.png (1139x1079, 470K)

FEZ was fucking awesome and i enjoyed playing with you faggots
Damn, late reply well it's a throwback to old PvP/PvE MMOs like Knight Online but with a Final Fantasy XI aesthetic. It released in 2012 under Aeria Games and they fucked it up with their P2W so now the developer is publishing it themselves and they are also planning to update the game if it gains enough traction.

Oh and I got Elesis, Lire, and Lass too. Fun to use on stages I don't use AM on. Anyway goodnight user, let's hope that there's good stuff in store for GC. I heard the private servers had some good ones among them.

>masangsoft
no thanks, not after how badly they fucking butchered space cowboy/ace

>holding crater from the disgusting grapes and the smurfs all day long
>chatting and building minefields while shutting down capture attempts
RIP shattered galaxy

Attached: 00000945.jpg (500x375, 47K)

Star Wars Galaxies

>phantasy star universe
Fuck Sega forever. Fucking piece of shit. Not only did they mismanage the hell out of PSU (JP version was light years ahead of US) but they also completely killed the game and there is currently zero way of playing the game. There's a private server in the works but who knows when that will be done.

I'll never forget just how fucking chill PSU was. I put a ridiculous amount of time into that game.

Attached: 1550618706892.jpg (560x420, 57K)

I thought the game itself looked fine, it was just the management sections that needed work. Commanders could never seem to get anything done themselves or stay busy, because of the stuff you could build, most was fairly worthless besides the ARCs which were slow as molasses, and ammo/armories

I still remember playing Mabinogi with friends for a first time.
They give me tour to the world and so on. I remember how we all sit near fire and just chilling.
This will never happened again.

One of the BR private servers says they have pans to make a new character, so there is that.

Lineage 3 never ever.

WAR was always a rvr (realm vs realm) game regardless. Pve was secondary.

Who RYL here?

Fuck just imagining it makes me want it even more man
>No special character "systems" (WotS, Raven's cores, whatever Rena/Aisha/Eve had)
>Chung can keep his berserk shit as long as he's balanced properly
>No stat revamp (so no add,reduce, etc damage and shit, just crit,aspd,accuracy,evasion,move and jump speed)
>Old secret dungeon socket stones
>Just 2-x, 3-x and 4-x
>Old Henir
>No 3rd paths, just LK/RS, EM/VP, GA/WS, etc
>No Arena, old VP lobbies with segregated channels based on PvP rank, and the open channel for fucking around with anybody while still getting rewards, plus practice and free
>No p2w bullshit, though that still existed back then it wasn't anywhere near as retarded as it is now
Some shit would probably still have to be addressed, like the fact that you could oneshot people with adrenaline+200MP special actives in PvP, but anyone capable of actually setting up a server like that could most likely balance shit like that anyway so the point is moot.
it'll never happen though and it fucking sucks man

me

but it was way too fucking grindy so i never got far

I think I heard some Void cunts say that they might do a "Classic" server when officials close down, but that's unlikely to happen in the next 3 years minimum.

Anyone remember Istaria? The one MMO you could play as a full on dragon along with other races.

Attached: AC40D0B5-786D-4E0F-8520-5F05146021DC.png (1280x720, 2.04M)

Its probably doable making one if a private server already exists, just need people with that knowledge, also money.

our first "mmorpg"

Attached: SherwoodCastle.jpg (800x550, 73K)

I miss Lunastacia and her perfect body

I enjoyed my time on the CBT, but I think the things that would or probably have turned people off kurtzpel are.
PVE
>They plan to sell character slots
>To change how your character looks you must buy a rebirth ticket
>The lobby runs like shit
>The pve is a very limited boss rush mode, with some bosses being very poorly tuned
>Lag in both pve and pvp
>Pve Missions have a low drop rate for rewards, based on difficulty 1%,2%,3%,4%,5%. A lot of people thought this was unreasonable
>You can't talk to your party member in game mid combat or in a room, no ping system or communication means you just have to hope he's not retarded or he knows to look around and see what's going on.
>The game isn't fully translated and sometimes korean subtitles would appear with english ones, the story is hard and almost impossible to follow like this
>Cosmetic items have stats
PVP
>Matchmaking is busted from C maybe even below you will fight the entire upper bracket up to G ranked the highests.
>Matchmaking doesn't differentiate between premade or Random Made, So sometimes matches are just C-ranked shitters getting stomped by s rank preamdes.
>There's Class balance issues in PVP, So far it's assumed to be STAFF>BOW>>>>>>FIST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SWORD, melee classes are considered to be weaker and maybe high level premades would run a bow/stave comp and decimate competition.
>Conquest is a king of the hill mode that only counts who was in the hill in the last 30 seconds or so meaning you can keep the hill for 90% of the game lose it in the last 10% to an ultimate and lose.
>CTF people struggled to catch the flag carrier or get him into combos
>Death match is fine but people will snipe you with a bow from across the map
>Blackhole is an op bullshit shitter killer spell that's hard to dodge and a free win for mages until people git gud.

Attached: Kurtzpel.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

I’m disappointed I wasn’t able to get Sieghart before it ended.

>Staff>>>>>Bow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sword>>Fist
fixd

Affinity system
This is a personaesq social link minigame, you do a mission talk to a character and he likes you more. You are meant to be able to talk to the blonde glasses girl to target specific people, but it didn't work like that, it was entirely random. The problem with it being entirely random is this system locks Weapon skills, Weapon skill buffs, and Gear.
I targeted the same guy over and over to the blonde haired girl and by the end of the CBT all the links were the same levels of rank for me despite this. The mission map is meant to let you know where they are but it wasn't working seemingly?
There's a conversational dialog tree with the characters but it seems poorly translated or poorly explained because you get more or less affinity points to level up your bond depending on what they say to you, but it's really not easy to figure out what they want you to say and i have a feeling might be entirely random.

Now this random persona 5 social link system would be fine for a pve focused game, but in a pvp focused game locking skills behind a poorly explained rng system will just put people off fast. Many mages were bitching about they couldn't unlock blackhole for pvp because the cat eared mage woman didn't appear in front of them or talk to them, despite asking for her whereabouts over and over from the glasses npc and doing the missions marked with her being in the area.

The training mode is sort of obtuse as well, as it will hide combos from you until you level up the stars on your weapon, so if you want to not have to play 100 of games to know the combos you have to leave the training room, go to the menu look at the combo list in the menu, remember the combo and go back into the training room, because you won't see the entire list until you are 2* or 3*. Which is a combo based action mmorpg doesn't make much sense honestly.

Shit sword is better than fist?

Because you had to pay for FP items or had a massive disadvantage,you could say they wouldve made rules with no items/combi items and normal PEN weapons but you'd have to be good enough to reach the top first,if they had a system like mobas where everything paid was purely cosmetics and a league system like LoL it wouldve lived a lot longer than it did

Yeah, you got a bigger range and all of your combos stun-lock whoever gets caught up in it for like 10-15 seconds and even if they dodge they will get caught up in it again due to the stupid attack range. The sword range was so retarded that an archer could double jump and if you went under them and swing, it would still hit them whereas the fist would struggle.

Yea Forums trickster guild when

>played Grand Chase early on
>liked Lire
>struggled to get crossbows
>couldn't get drops to reach the next class
>gave up
>returned years later
>game got a complete visual overhaul
>some old friends who were still playing said hello
>too overwhelmed by everything to resume playing
>no idea what to talk to those people about despite really wanting to reconnect
Fuck.

Attached: whoa.jpg (1356x768, 95K)

That makes a lot of sense actually, I played fist because I really enjoyed the grab system . There's something really fun about grabbing someone and holding him hostage because he can't dodge rolled out of the grab, so he's just got to deal with the fact you are dragging him along the ground halfway across the map. Sword sounds better from combos though wish i played it more now.
youtube.com/watch?v=xw3Znp3ym7A

Exp cards became crazy abundant, you can get them from just about everything(quests, raids, dailies, events, loot boxes, etc). Even instant Master level ones exist and are given out. The most common way to level in Granado Espada is doing certain repeatable quests that give out like 10 or so stacks of exp cards and if you do this in a full party, that's like 10 stacks of exp cards every 20 minutes. Leveling is that easy now, you can reach max level in less than 1 week. Level's don't mean shit in that game though, its all about gear.

They make it easy because of all the UPC's there are now. I haven't checked in on the game on over a year but I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100 characters. Their basically collectables now.

Attached: 1544041649623.jpg (2000x738, 166K)

There's a couple Arcanists renakes up with plenty of people on iirc. RIP me and my Crazy Crystals record score though, maybe someday I'll be able to get the archived stuff I have working

Seriously? NOBODY POSTED THIS!?

Attached: ingame_4x3[1].jpg (800x600, 431K)

Take franchise, make it online

mein nigger
Yeeting motherfuckers with my bat felt so satisfying

is that Martial Heroes?

Oh wow, totally forgot about this game. Im not really a fan of bullet hell games, but this one was a blast. Are there any private servers for this?

Silkroad Online

martial heroes was good as well...

>MU ONLINE

Fuck I loved that game, variations of it still exist but it they're so far away from the time I spent in that game.

It was also the first game I was given Admin Status...
>create a secret shop that I used to get my Player event gifts
>Do stupid events
>Play hide and seek as disguised monsters
>Racing with mounts

Attached: 1469534741608.jpg (528x480, 29K)

A shame that I had a shit PC for a long time; missed out many of the mmos in this thread because of that. At least I got to play this. The ost is great and I still listen to it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mobwl45u2J8

Attached: Emil-Chronicle-Online-696x393.jpg (696x393, 73K)

all i remember in that game is edgy niggas with wings

These. Also Ragnarok, Flyff, La Tale. Fuck lads, I miss the golden age of ragnarok especially here in Philippines.

Pokemon Crater

People still play everyday, they just won't make threads every single day. I made a couple on the weekends look it up on the archive. 17:20 GMT+1 is when it usually starts.