Daily reminder that this literal who became playable in Smash before your most wanted

Daily reminder that this literal who became playable in Smash before your most wanted.

Attached: DnbAOuXU4AE4Mk_.png (1200x1200, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dt1HHIDGLfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not Roy.

Nobody even plays her anyways. She has no appeal in any way.

>Boring to play as
>Boring to play against
>Too boring and lifeless to be waifu material
>Too boring to even fap to
Only weeaboos with no standards like this cardboard cutout of a character.

no she didn't lol

Attached: MOOOOON RIVER.gif (300x169, 2.2M)

Footfags love her

They're one of the only characters in the FE audience that brings a spear to the roster via side-B so I welcome that and their projectile mouth armor thingy as well as everything else unique about em (minus the counter).

Yeah all 5 of them. Just a vocal minority of retards and degenerates.

Looking back, it's kinda baffeling how we managed to get 7 Fire Emblem characters before K.Rool, our third Donkey Kong character. And even then Sakurai only choose him because of the ballot.

Is DK such a low priorty for Sakurai? Not only FE, but other franchises like Star Fox had more characters than DK for years.

CuteFeet.jpg

DK has the best stages though to compensate for smaller roster rep. FE characters are much easier to make a moveset for (especially when 3 of them use the same weapon).

That's a good thing

Corrin needs buffs. She was nerfed way too much.

and most are derivative too. 4 out of the seven are blue haired swordsman. At least Corrin and Robin add something new.

I wanted her
Even voted her with he reason being marketing

I got her in smash

Contrary to popular belief, most of those clone characters or "echo fighters" as Sakurai likes to call them aren't really "taking up slots" because they require so little effort to just throw a model on-top of a new set of values that clones another set of values that the most expensive and time consuming part is getting the VA for the "echo fighter".

>DK has the best stages though to compensate for smaller roster rep
Almost every DK stage is a generic jungle level (and the most unique one of those got removed in Ultimate), and the one non-jungle stage is fucking 75m.

>2 out of 7 is most

Attached: 1543246049903.png (540x532, 278K)

FE still has four completely unique, non-clone fighters, and on that front it outnumbers every other franchise in the game except for Super Mario, Pokémon, and the Wii series.

He went from being my most hated my to my main when I decided to give him a try, so no complains here.
Hopefully Takamaru makes it in the next game tho.

Attached: Full_Special_Corrin_(M).png (1684x1920, 495K)

Still pisses me off that we didn't get any music from DK64 besides the DK rap.

I love kamui!

Attached: __female_my_unit_and_my_unit_fire_emblem_if_and_etc_drawn_by_renkonmatsuri__sample-d0a8cb3b0aba9fc8e (850x1133, 156K)

Eh, I'll stand by what I said and say that it is much easier to create weapon-based character movesets.

Though personally I still want full weapon triangle representation.

At least its not Dark Pit

i would have just stopped at marth/ike/robin, the rest feel forced as hell and uninteresting

corrin main here
feet are gross

Attached: 1485902159963.png (1700x1457, 522K)

I like her rape doujins

i know how low-effort clones really are, especially since he's literally just a texture swap, but the fact he's the only "villain" from kid icarus we have instead of someone like medusa is fucking dumb
hell medusa could just be a shitty "dark palutena" echo too, instead we're saddled with shadow the hedgehog's angelsona , dark pit's only positive is his theme, they could have at least let him keep pit's brawl moveset to differentiate him like how Dr. mario has mario's old moveset still

It's a fucking horrible version of the DK rap, too.

Pac-Man was added before her though

>Sakurai makes Echo Fighters a thing
> Still doesn't make Alph his own character
Why?

People still arguing that Sakurai isnt biased at all when deciding characters even after Dark Pit has me baffled

>BUT HES AN ECHO

Yes but if literally anyone else was directing the game and had the echo idea they probably wouldve added 50 characters before Dark Pit even crosses their mind.

>Play roy in melee cause he looks cool
>gets cut
>play lucas in brawl cause he looks cool
>gets cut
>They actually come back as DLC
>think theyre probably cut in the next game
>everyone is here
>Never ask for anything ever again

Im just happy my boys are here whoever else comes is just extra at this point

She has nice feet and I say that as a non-footfag

Well, she brings feetpussy so fuck off

Weirdly the thing that annoys me the most about Dark Pit is that he gets his own theme song as his victory fanfare while other characters with recognisable theme songs go without.

>Two characters from one 3ds game
>one of which is a low effort clone
Wait a minute...

Other than Dr. Mario, what could you add?

>One of Bowser's many themes
>Zelda's Lullaby
>Ganon's theme
>Ridley's theme
>Dark Samus's theme
That's just off of the top of my head.

>DK
Fuck off, what about Kirby? We didn't even get a rep.

DK only just got it's third character, Kirby has had that number since Brawl.

Enjoy your new super star content in smash 6!

I just think its sad how much blatant favoritism is put towards a niche series like Fire Emblem.

4th largest number of spirits, doubled in music from Smash 4, and of course had Chrom shoehorned in so that they'd get another stupid character. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't get a stage, but I suppose there's DLC for that.

If Byleth or Edelgard get in, I've officially lost hope in Sakurai and the dev team. It'd just prove that they've got no limit to how much bias they're willing to shove down people's throats.

I really want Smash to reboot with a director and devs who won't let their bias inflate a series to stupid levels.

>first smash game was Melee (grew up with sega), played Mewtwo
>cut
>pokemon trainer gets added to brawl, he's kind of shit but I love playing him
>cut
>play greninja in 4 because why not
>probably will get cut
>EVERYONE IS HERE
>only character I've wanted for smash was K. Rool
>he's in
I won big time

Thing is FE, even being a smaller franchise that's grown in popularity recently, is a series that relies on new characters in each entry. Similar to Pokemon. I'm not saying they need to have a new character each time, but there it is. In fact, promoting a FE character is easier given the fact that they're all just anime humans, instead of the variety that Pokemon has.

>feetpussy
Almost as funny as boiveries

Dark Pit would be perfect as a semi-clone if Pit kept his Brawl moveset.

Because the primary benefit of Echoes (especially now) is being able to give the fighter distinct animation and voice clips to help distinguish their character. Olimar is barely characterized as-is, and Alph is represented just fine with his current animations.

>can draw anything
>draw the censored version of the character
also Corrin's feet are a godsend

Patrician tier taste

Agreed, I main male Corrin for Cam Clarke.

Yeah but then what? By that logic we'll have more Fire Emblem characters than Mario ones sooner or later. That would look ridiculous.

Perfect exampe of a terrible character design

nah____

Attached: 382bf51f74d7e9c5bc8bcf046a184841.jpg (646x1000, 171K)

Olimar and Alph have different voices in their games which were arbitrarily not put in smash and could have easily enough distinctions with gameplay/animations.

Already got Mac before her

She's too cute to be a terrible design.

Attached: Femui!.jpg (700x790, 94K)

She needs a cute outfit desu

Did Dragon Quest shitposting make you lose your track? Smash has always had Japanese bias.

Kind of gay to jack off to genderbent self inserts

>Alphfags seething at Brad Pit again
basado

The fact that Dark Samus doesn’t even have her own theme in the game in any capacity baffles me

I thought I wouldn’t be mad that he’s in after all this time but I still look at him and think “why is this fuck not a costume?”.

>Uprising fan thinking that their game has justified even 10% of the shit it got in smash 4

Attached: 1550147038663s.jpg (250x240, 5K)

still better than shilling more Miyamoto garbage again

you didn't like Kraid playing the violin for her?

I don't care about Fire Emblem but it seems that DK should have at least one more unique fighter and an echo honestly. Maybe Cranky with a Retro Donkey Kong Arcade inspired moveset and Dixie Kong with attributes from Diddy and DK ala Chrom.

Attached: 1546113768498.png (2464x4102, 1.26M)

well yeah but still, how did sakurai just handwave that?

DK is literally old people game

no hype outside deep nintendofags

If she wasn't added in 4, she'd be added in Ultimate.

>b-but muh Wii Fit sales
>m-muh shitty mobage for gambling addicts

I wanted her. She's cute and has a fun playstyle. She needs some speed buffs, though.

Would have gotten less hate if that happened. The reason most people hate Corrin is because of his bad timing, saving him for Ultimate would have been the better move.

>no hype outside deep nintendofags
Yeah, and FE is no hype even for deep nintendofags

Hey, just don't lump Ike in with Marth, Girl Marth, Red Marth and Blue Red Marth. Maybe not as much credit as Robin or Corrin, but still.

DK hasn't been relevant since DKC3 in the 90s and Nintendo knows it.

based

Why isn't female Corrin the default?

Attached: DeIyV0FVQAAji6f.jpg (800x800, 115K)

now divide that by year. which one will give Nintendo more sales in the future? which IP is more alive?

Fates probably would have gotten better songs in Ultimate if that were the case.

>you cant complain about Corrin because they were put in to advertise fates
>man if only Corrin were added in a game that came out years after fates

Attached: 1550730551080.png (1488x1392, 111K)

yea that's why DK is an embarassing IP since it's even lower in popularity than fucking fire emblem

At this rate, assuming DK never has another game again it'll still take FE like 30 years before it even matches the sales.

Didn't he start Smash 4 right after finishing developing Uprising? He's probably easier than most other potential echoes because he shares the same voice actor as Pit.

if someone would recreate smash roster fron scratch today, it will have mario, zelda, pokemon, splatoon, FE, and animal crossing, and kirby.

the rest are just bonus

Reminder that the wii version of Returns alone sold more than Fates and Awakening combined

Super Star is like 30 years old and still gets shit in smash, Uprising could literally be the first video game ever made and still have just as much shit in smash.

aren't mii's technically wii reps too

>because he shares the same voice actor as Pit.
That would never be an excuse because they could always just re-use voice clips like they do with Sonic, Daisy, and the Koopalings.

Given that Dark Pit shares the exact same model and character animations, there's no reason for him to NOT be an Echo.

FEH exists, so, no.

Ask anyone on the street if they know who DK is and then do the same but with Marth. Then you will realise how wrong you are.

reminder wii fit plus sold like hot garbage

Yeah, here is an updated version.

Attached: 1550039776573 2.jpg (653x1024, 120K)

and Donkey Kong

Too bad thats not reality so that doesn't mean shit :)

Corrin! I love my dummy waifu so much! I want to massage her feet after every match to relieve her!

Attached: 1547495850326.jpg (1024x1011, 384K)

>MUH HEROES

Every time. If FE was more popular than DK it would sell better. Nobody needs to resort to pointing to Pokemon Go in order to prove Pokemons popularity.

Then just make him a costume

NO THAT WOULD RUIN EVERYTHING DARK PIT IS JUST AS IMPORTANT TO GAMING AS MARIO

It wouldn't be very appropriate for him to have the same taunts or victory animations as Pit

My most wanted was Ridley.

then make Pit’s taunts more neutral and then him into a costume
Why are you insistent on this dude being an echo?

Mario, Link, DK, Kirby, Pikachu, Lucina, Inkling and Isabelle would be the starting roster if Smash started today. Yoshi, Bowser, Samus and Fox as secret characters.
Reminder that Wii Fit lady is more iconic than 75% of the roster to the general public.

doesn't make any sense for alph to not have rock pikmin either but he doesn't

>Says while Alph uses Olimars ship and the koopalings turn into Shadow Mario no problem

> WAAAAAH MY IRELEVANT CROC TOOK YEARS TO GET IN
Fuck that, his Kirby bias is even worse, all of the content is mostly from Sakurai's games. Stages, items, assist trophies etc...

At this rate Bandana Dee will never be in Smash if he keep doing this

>gaming icon
>not cristiano ronaldo

it's like you guys dont know that FIFA exists

Good, Bandana Dee is a shit character whose only merit to being in is “m-muh group of four”.

Those types of inconsistencies aren't personality-based, they're more in-line with say, Lucas and Ness using PSI powers that they don't actually use in thier games.

Why is him being an echo an issue in the first place?

>At this rate Bandana Dee will never be in Smash if he keep doing this
and that's a good thing!
glad Marxchads won

>Lucina
My guy, no.

>pikachu
>not greninja

Can't wait for the meltdown for Edgegard

Kirby's perfectly represented at 3

>Ronaldo
>Not Messi

Attached: Barcelona-news-Messi-Suarez-Neymar-884918.jpg (590x350, 33K)

>Why is him being an echo an issue in the first place?

Because characters people actually want to be echoes arent.

The issues have been posted before. Don’t play dumb. Him being an echo is excessive when he’s literally a pallet swap.

>personality
yes because shadow the anglehog is a fucking fantastic personality
if any of the KI characters should have been echo's it should have at least been medusa as a palutena echo, she's both a actual villain and not a complete texture swap that literally originated as a brawl costume
he's just a shit character and really didn't deserve the absolute minimal effort he barely received in the first place

>Edelgard fags still at it
Even if they did add a rep from 3H it would be Byleth. Give it up if you don't want to become Celicacuck 2.0

> No Luigi
Really?

because Alphfags still mad he's a failed echo than Daisy wasn't (who plays worse than Peach)

Corrin is not a literal who, apologise to my wife now!
Also as punishment, you may never post her again without my permission.

maybe if your hat goomba was as popular as the irrelevant croc he'd have made it in instead

He should be a Shulk echo while we're on the subject

Attached: malos.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

i mean Medusa really deserved to be in before Dark Pit

Why is Daisy an echo anyway? Why not make her a costume as well? What’s even the point of echoes when they have no gameplay differences or when the differences are so marginal that they’re almost never experienced?

Echos you say?
youtube.com/watch?v=dt1HHIDGLfs

It also has 75m, which is one of the worst stages in the series and despite having some of the best music, the choices in smash are so limited.

>call them echos so people stop assuming they took up character slots
>they complain about echo slots instead
Jesus fucking Christ you slotfags will never be satisfied

I just want to combine edelgard and edgeguard user

daisy just using toads and pulling out turnips really feels odd, i'm sure her having the moai heads or whatever the hell the saharah land subjects are would look weird but it would at least give mario land some better representation

Kirby is fine with three. Ask anybody familiar with the series to name the most important characters and you'll get Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight. Everybody else is literally who tier.
This is when you start screeching about your Hat Goomba though so there's no use in arguing about it.

>(who plays worse than Peach)
Daisy's the only Echo with NO gameplay differences whatsoever, she was only separated to express her different personality through the taunts and Victory Animations.

That has nothing to do with Dark Pit as a character.

>haha get edelgaurded :^))))

This would be like arguing that you cant complain about smash tour because we wouldnt have gotten another subspace anyway.

She is my most wanted though.

Attached: 1549859324665.png (1280x695, 379K)

im assuming they wanted to give Peach more costumes through a similar character people legitimately as an echo

They need to push somebody as the FE character, and Awakening is loved by Nintendo.
Only reason why Luigi is missing is because Mario-verse would flood the roster even more. Plus, if Smash came out nowadays, there would be a shorter single player mode like ARMS did. Bowser as the villain in it.

>Joker before Raidou Kuzunoha

fucking hell

Luigi could very easily work as his own character since he's got Luigi's Mansion under his belt.

Swapping Marth for Lucina would mean acknowledging people don't much care for Shadow Dragon so it wouldn't happen.

No we won't. In total over the course of Smash entries maybe, but we're never getting an "Everyone is Here" situation again. Fire Emblem just happens to benefit from it this time.

Besides, it's not like Mario never get's new characters that get added
>Rosa
>Piranha Plant
>Potentially Captain Toad

Tbh Jack frost would be the best pick. Hell even Flynn or smt1 hero or Aleph would be better then Joker.

Don't care. Already got the Belmonts.

>Can't wait for the meltdown for Edgelard
she's in fortnite dude

Nah they'd just add more nooks or hard reset the roster since this one is Ultimate (Special in Japan) they'll have reason to restart the franchise.

But they're represented fine as-is. Not that they couldn't be improved, but there's little motivation when they're one of the least played characters, and their distinctions still wouldn't be great.

Link has been playable from the very beginning, retard.

Actually, it's just animations, Victory Screens, and Final Smashes. Costumes (like the WFTs and Koopalings) are allowed to have their own voice clips.

>Daisy's idle having arms held up by her side expand her hurtbox making her easier to hit sideways.
>Daisy's hurtbox is wider when she runs and when she reverses her running animation.
nice "Peach alternative" you got there

But Doctor Mario has been around since Melee

The pits are some of the least used characters in both 4 and ultimate. Just admit you think uprising should get special treatment because you like it.

There's a big difference between "they should get special treatment" and "they already got special treatment and there's use trying to change the past."

Nobody fucking wanted Dr. Mario to be in Smash, don't lie to yourself.

I'm not hating on Doc, he's fine, but it's the same thing with Plant, who in the right mind wanted him of all people?

>boring mascot choice
>another swordie
nah, i hope Sakurai keeps avoiding mascot shit

>DK has the best stages
Yeah, I love jungle stage 1 and jungle stage 2.

And also absolutely refusing literally anyone else to get that treatment despite trying to downplay it at the same time.

Good. Fuck hatgoombafags.

DK has had 3 stages based on actual in game locations
One was Rumble Falls (shit)
One is 75m
One was ok (Jungle Hijinx) but was cut from 4 to Ultimate
Is something like pic related too much to ask?

Attached: cliffsideslide.png (1071x500, 491K)

Two wrongs don't make a right

Mine got in since Brawl
Sad about Tiki and Black Knight/Zelgius though

Attached: ikebrawl.jpg (490x566, 46K)

>the millionth example of Uprising getting something extra
Vs.
>the only thing Pikmin gets since brawl

Yeah totally the same thing

Dedede has been in since Brawl though

Honestly Star Fox is a case of where it only has as many characters as it due to Falco and Wolf being easy to make.

Falco got into Melee because they wanted additional clone characters to pad the roster out. The big reason Wolf got into Brawl while Krystal didn't was because he was easier to create, with them using Fox's moveset as a base all while borrowing animations from a whole bunch of other characters. He was clearly a low priority hack job, hence why he was almost cut alongside Toon Link and Jiggs.

Fire Emblem is kind of like that too, most of its characters are just clones/echos that didn't take up much development time. If you got rid of Roy, Lucina and Chrom, then you're left with Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin, which is four characters, but's that honestly not so unreasonable for a long running franchise with 13+ games.

Yeah, they did. But I got all three of them in Ultimate so any animosity I had is long gone.

What the fuck happened?

I'm not bitter about any character who made it in over him, that's just not my style, but why DIDN'T he make it in? If modders can do it with no budget why couldn't the dev team? Are we to assume that SEGA had something to do with this decision or did Sakurai just not think there'd be much demand for Shadow?

Attached: ShadowSad.jpg (575x232, 40K)

>Fire Emblem is kind of like that too, most of its characters are just clones/echos that didn't take up much development time

Why do people keep saying this

2 characters out of 7 isn't most.

>BUT ROY

He's counted as his own character in the game and costed as much as any other DLC character in 4.

>If you got rid of Roy, Lucina and Chrom, then you're left with Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin, which is four characters,

That's still more than the majority of franchises in the game, and that's AFTER we conveniently don't count almost half of the fucking characters.

>but's that honestly not so unreasonable for a long running franchise with 13+ games.

Considering FE has still accomplished fucking nothing in that time it's pretty fucking unreasonable to get treated only slightly worse than some of the biggest video game franchises of all time.

With Roy you have to keep in mind the context of his initial inclusion in Melee, where he was a mostly straight forward of clone of Marth in the same vein as Falco or Ganondorf rather than a semi-clone. He was a popular veteran that people missed like Lucas so they were made as DLC characters for Smash 4

I honestly thought it was such bullshit Roy was DLC in 4 but not Wolf. That made no sense to me. We already had Doc and Mewtwo from Melee, so Lucas and Wolf coming back from Brawl would have made more sense.

So you agree that he counts as a full character?

Either way not even half of FE's casts are clones so you can't pull the "most of them are echos!!!!!" card.

corrin on the cob

Attached: corn.png (1000x1063, 333K)

When you realize that Fire Emblem and Uprising don't have to live up to any standards like everyone else Sakurai's decisions start to make sense.

>Literal who
>From one of the highest selling Fire Emblem game ever made

Attached: 1549384676706.jpg (1550x2048, 322K)

To be fair, Sakurai did know he was going to be working on Ultimate at that point.

Like what was mentioned above, Wolf was kind of a hacked together low priority character in Brawl with janky/jerky animations that were plucked from other characters. It made more sense just to hold him off for Ultimate where they could focus on overhauling and redesigning his animations/appearance.

He'd work better as a semi-clone rather than an echo.
>Slightly heavier, slower, and more powerful without any arts activated
>Arts aside from Buster and Smash different from Shulk's (dunno how exactly but he's got to have Eater, Cyclone and Jail somehow)

>uhhh obviously she's well known she's the main character from the best selling game in Nintendos 14th best selling franchise(and it's only that high because a new game gets shat out every year)

>supply and demand
why are you even in a nintendo franchise thread if you're just going to seethe about nintendo

Attached: squidlaugh.jpg (225x225, 9K)

It makes sense why Sakurai only focuses on his games, Imagine creating such an iconic character in gaming history but then you don't get to work on new games for said character anymore. I'm sure Sakurai's happy about how big Kirby's become, but I'm sure he's equally sad that he himself doesn't get to use his own character all that much. I can understand why he'd want to reference as much of his own material as possible; it allows him to relive and pay homage to his "glory days" in a way.

What else are so(n)ybros going to do? You can only watch God of war so many times

Who said I wanted Hat Goomba?

Attached: 412.png (1024x1024, 481K)

Guy, it's favoritism. You don't need to jump through hoops to excuse it.

cute dragon

Attached: 1549309856017.png (1684x1920, 2.06M)

Shulk was in the base game though.

Who?

Mario's perfectly represented at 4. Fire Emblem at 2. Pokémon at 4.
Also, Kirby hasn't had a decent roster since Brawl. If Dedede's Side-B still had Waddle Dees it would be fine, but it's not.

Attached: 61212354.jpg (800x450, 85K)

Who would you add then?

In an era where we have long standing never ever requests like K. Rool, Ridley, the Belmonts, and Dark Samus are in the game I refuse to give a fuck about roster faggotry.

Fates literally had three games to it, no shit it sold well.