I quit playing WoW in 2006. I never played any of the expansions...

I quit playing WoW in 2006. I never played any of the expansions. My friend from back in the day started back up and are playing again in anticipation for Classic. We are both enjoying the fuck out of the current state of the game. Can someone explain to me exactly what everyone is bitching about in terms of the game being ruined? I haven't hit level cap yet, I'm only at like level 70, but so far I'm having fun. Whats wrong with it?

Also, can't wait to be called a shill by faggots who can't stand to see threads about something they hate and can't just ignore them. So there, go ahead and say it you fucking retards.

Attached: 5a717929ae653aa9e9273004.png (323x433, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46EGTZzYSVw
youtu.be/paSvd73ggxw
youtu.be/WcWsZOUKlRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Endgame sucks. Most of the people playing are at max level and have nothing to work towards.

And PVP? I have a friend who plays and PVPs constantly and seems to really enjoy it.

Play FFXIV instead. It's easy to catch up. The game is better than retail WoW today.

youtube.com/watch?v=46EGTZzYSVw

Attached: sb_ad_render.png (1120x1600, 3.01M)

The end game is awful. Everything is timegated in the worst possible way.

First thing, the endgame and the levelling are completely separate spheres of gameplay - it's nice that you're enjoying the levelling but bear in mind it's like playing through a 20 hour single player campaign before you arrive at the multiplayer you'll be playing for hundreds of hours. The endgame is far more important to the health of the game, and that's what people are talking about.

And as for what's wrong with it, honestly the biggest issue is that it's not very different from the previous expansion (which was well received). The problem is that with Legion they nailed down a very carefully tuned skinner box design so that everyone would have incentive to play regularly, there would always be something for you to be doing, there would always be more content. That was great in the short term, but now people are getting heavily burnt out because they're realising they've been running in a hamster wheel for the last two and a half years and nothing has really changed and none of it will ever really mean anything. Not that that isn't always the case with games like WoW, but it's gotten really transparent.

In all likelihood, you'll have great fun with the endgame for at least a year until you get sick of it. The mythic+ system is really good, the raids are high quality, all the content is of a fairly good standard - it's just everyone's sick to death of the carefully managed grind the game's become.

Enjoy while you can.

>weeb shit
cringe

It's also free with twitch prime currently

WoW was new and fun 15 years ago, now it's the same shit but slightly different
>no class quests
>no new fun glitches and secret areas, most of the old shit was removed entirely
>retcons

Nowadays, people are not only tired of this, but Blizzard's recent choices regarding HotS and Diablo are only more reason to not give them money. Fuck 'em.

Can someone explain how the raid works, is it 24 players but you only play with 8?

WOW is not what it used to be, and the thing is the game is still good, until you hit end game.

Problem is everyone is at end game, because the game gives you a free boost with every expansion and the game is designed to rush you to end game as soon as possible, once you hit level cap you'll find yourself stuck with nothing to really do except to wait for timers to reset, and everything at end game is on a timer now, not just raids.

Want to grind rep to unlock some stuff? Gotta wait for your dailies to reset, want to farm dungeons for some preraid BIS, gotta wait for the weekly mythic box, want to do warfronts for that decent item? Better come back next week

Everything in WOW's end game now is designed to make you wait around, worse still is your progression is reset every few months, no matter how much you nolife the game, next patch will reset your progression, and make everything you worked for invalid because its dead content.

Because the end game is logging on for 15 minutes a day to do your daily allowence of content then logging out or doing them on alts.

And there is no fun in raiding because the gear is worthless, what made WOW fun in the past was killing Ragnaros and getting a fucking epic weapon and then going out and killing other players with it, now no matter how many times you kill jaina on mythic the items you get will only be useful in PVE, worse still is that item will be shittier then the normal version of next tier, and on par with the welfare loot.

Attached: 1548086503235.gif (405x205, 502K)

The game can't handle more then 8 players in an instance, so they just create boss instances where each boss entity shares the same health pool.

Everything wrong with WOW is worse in FFXIV.

>Azerite traits
>Island expeditions
>Assaults
Work, not fun.

Pushing mythics and raiding are pretty fun if you have friends/fun guild.
World PvP can we pretty fun.
There's nothing special about the expansion besides allied races.

I play nearly every day with my guild. Without them I'd have unsubbed in Nov

You're enjoying the game because there are seven expansions' worth of new content. If you were to have played through all of them you'd be bored with the game.

There's plenty to work towards lmao. The problem is that people only want to do content if it gives gear upgrades. There's literally 14 years of content in the game.

No him, but you're forgetting in Legion even if people got burnt out on the wheel they kept running because of the carrot of potential RNG legendaries. Without those in BfA people are just stopping when they get bored instead of slugging through it. Even worse, playing WoW when bored is kind of like driving when tired. If you stop and take a quick break right when you feel it, you can return to the drive after a shot while and be fine for another long span. If you don't stop, eventually it overwhelms you and you need to pull over and go to sleep for a while (take a long break). All the people who otherwise might have just skipped one content patch in Legion and then been fresh for BfA played the entire two years are are so burnt out on WoW they're now going to skip the entire expansion or stop all together.

I quit early Cata, before the Zul'Again patch, but I've been watching what's up with wow lately and I'd say that the classes themselves look like a lot of fun and the dungeons/raids don't look bad either.
Is the gearing so fucked up it takes all the enjoyment out off the game?
And also are Shamans any good? Especially pvp wise

>cutscenes cutscenes cutscenes
I'll just wait for Classic WoW.

PVP is fucked, they mobafied it so much that you might as well be playing DOTA or League

Leveling is okay now that they scaled the world, problem is its unfun once you've figured out every class is the same, so alting isn't fun, learning how to play a class over 60 levels was amazing, but now the only difference between classes is weither or not they're melee or ranged

End game is just a mess, they've catered everything to world first raiding and mythic+ speedrunning, everyone else is stuck with repetitive, time gated rewards, progression isn't based on how far you advance your character in terms of gear and quests, but rather when Ion Hozzikostas decided to unlock the content, which you will blow through in an hour or two after its released.

The gearing is completely fucked.

And Shamans before I quit were the worst class in the game.

Gearing is the worse its ever been thanks to titan forging
>Here is the item you really want, but its not titanforged, so the shitty statstick you got from a dogturd collecting world quest is still better because it did titanforge

Do you need to buy all the expansions+vanilla or do they give those for free if you just have the BfA?

Resto shaman are good in PvP I believe, unsure about the other.
Gearing isn't bad, you get boosted to 385/390 if you do things like assaults (bunch of daily quests that appear in a certain zone) and emissaries (complete 3-4x daily quests in a zone and you get a cache that could contain gold, gear, supplies, etc).

Dungeons are pretty fun (more with people you know) because of mythic affixes- but that'll only be fun to you if you like figuring out new ways to do them and challenging yourself.

As far as classes being "fun", I think they are but to each their own. I personally see creative play from each class depending on the situation, so a diverse group is always welcome. tl;dr you'll get at least a month or two of play out of it.

Nah fuck off with whining about forging. People always tell the shittiest stories from a place of bias. A world quest forge isn't going to beat a mythic10, which also has a chance to forge.

Included with a purchase of BFA. I think, you may still need to buy vanilla, idk

>why does everyone complain about the current expac
>btw i haven't played the current expac
your opinion is worthless

Attached: Cg-uflkWwAIsmN5.jpg (583x583, 43K)

Mythic shit is just as worse
>here is that random peice of armor from that dungeon you didn't want
>better luck next week!

Why are people upset about no Zandalari/Kul Tiran? Last I checked hardly anybody played Trolls, and you got humans already since always

Why did Blizzard design the worldbuilding, characters and lore to be as unlikable as possible? Compare the state of the lore at the start, to what it is now.
At this point the Warcraft world only caters to blue skin fetishists and furries, and to the writers with their self-inserts.

>why are people upset about content that was supposed to come out a long time ago in a shit expansion that already had fucking nothiing

>the classes themselves look like a lot of fun
they're bland and homogenized, every class boils down to a combo point system where you tickle enemies with shit damage to gain a resource and then spend that resource on a big damage ability

Probably because they're taking so long to come out. They were basically advertised as being in the game day one but it's after six months and we're still waiting.

Also the content drought is fucking insane.

Would you had rolled one if they were released on day one?
Would you main it?

>im only level 70
That's why. Once you hit 120, you realize gearing and progressing are completely hollow and meaningless.

>Pvp scales your attacks, so more gear != better pvp
>every mob scales with your level, so more gear != better pve
>every ~4 months they raise all the content to the previous ilvl, completely nullifying all your work

The only lasting progression in the game anymore is playing it as a collection sim. Transmog / mounts / gold. It's boring.

Yes.

The whole void stuff is them clearly just running out of shit to do and needing to retcon the entire back story yet again so they can get one or two expansions out of it before just retconning it all over again.

Warcraft lore needs a hard reboot from WoW 1.12

All expacs except BFA are included with the base game.

I don't get it
>Fat humans
>upright trolls with glowy eyes

Why the fuck do they have glowy eyes anyway? I'm fucking sick of glowy eyes everywhere

Yes, Kul Tiran druid forms are fucking amazing. That being said I don't really care anymore because BfA is so incredibly awful modern retail WoW will need a TBC tier expansion to get me to come back.

So I can play up to Legion with just a sub if I bought classic/tbc/wotlk/cata?

You clearly don't play the game. I had multiple wq and warfront items titanforge to 390+ last patch. Gearing is just hoping your titanforges are on good items.

I believe so, yeah.

When you say you quit in 2006, do you mean you came back on your lvl 60 character? And you're at lvl 70 right now? So you've only touched TBC, you didn't even touch the Cataclysm leveling or the other expansions after WotLK.

Like another user said, you shouldn’t base your judgement of the overall quality of the game on the leveling experience, because the real meat of WoW lies at the endgame.
Currently, the endgame is painfully obviously designed to keep you subscribed for as long as possible, but instead of making a game with interesting and fun content do achieve that goal, the developers have artificially gated all kinds of progression through RNG and time.
And the worst part is that the developers refuse to admit that they’ve made huge mistakes, and constantly double down on their shitty decisions.

youtu.be/paSvd73ggxw
>Release "How to unlock the allied races" video without release date for Zandalari Trolls and Kul'tiran Humans or 8.1.5 patch
>that dislike ratio

Even the based Zandalari Trolls cannot save the expansion.

Attached: zandalaritrollpaladin_btw.png (1878x906, 1.62M)

Isn't the fundamental problem that WoW is nothing but the endgame?

Levelling is fucking shit now, the game doesn't even really want you to do it, they want you to buy your way past it.
So now you have to somehow cater to every experience level in the fucking "endgame", resulting in a billion different difficulty levels and shit, timegating, etc.
There's no more journey, there's no community, there's nothing.

Only 12 years, I'm afraid.

because the video is absolutely worthless to anyone who browses mmochampion. it has literally 0 new information, not even a release date, which is what people actually want.

not saying you're wrong, though. i personally don't understand why people are resubbing to get a zandalari paladin to 120 to then shelf it and go straight back into being unsubscribed

buy my fucking pig

Attached: 1536076833513.png (813x720, 837K)

>The state of Blizzdrones

Lost my old account. New account, new character, leveling 1 - 120

*unsubcribes*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

Much better armor and vanity options though. Otherwise its a much "safer" WoW, for better or worse.

Attached: 1516760256806.jpg (1280x1701, 313K)

*AHEM*

you'll be back. you'll always be back.

Attached: 1543372686562.jpg (1070x855, 261K)

Having problem selling pigs kiddo? My sparkle pony sold like hotcakes, seems like you need to git gud, nothin personnel

Attached: dims[1].jpg (580x326, 48K)

>Troll paladin

Attached: 1469118554691.gif (320x240, 954K)

Leveling got a little better but my personal peeve is I random with the Latins/BRs now while I'm doing it, and they're complete cancer to play with even if given a bit of patience.

Tons wrong with BFA though. Races being held back. Expeditions and Warfronts were total duds. More blatant time gates and Azerite gear was several steps backwards from the legendaries and artifact weapons in terms of being "better". Not unique to BFA is also how retarded the faction system is nowadays and trying to get people to PVP who don't want to pvp.

The pvp crowd always talks about how every game did pvp wrong and/or people are pussies, but don't understand how horrible it is to implement and maintain. If you have games DEDICATED to it, it turns out much better but you have to remember that much of the "content" is at the cost of other player's time, factions or not. Many people don't appreciate this concept except outside the mmorpg genre itself (fpses, fighting games, etc.).

Every time I see some of the few mmorpgs out on the horizon as well as see general mmo threads on Yea Forums,I gag when I see someone ask "but what about the pvp?"

Attached: 1496234358603.jpg (1114x1198, 136K)

it's literally and unironically part of vanilla lore
we wuz paladins, deal with it

I hate how they opened up all the race class combinations starting with cata, shit's stupid

Good for you OP, levelling is kinda fun right now
The main issue is endgame, so take your sweet time

>leveling 1-120 is fun!

Nice shill post. There's a reason(s) they can't add new players. One of the biggest is that they've completely ruined leveling over the years.

the only nonsensical cata race/class combinations was tauren paladin. and maybe taurens should have gotten mage instead of orcs
everything else is fine

It’s fun when you have people to level with.

Attached: CDC1165A-51DA-47A9-846E-519D7F77440A.jpg (1080x1080, 217K)

Most difficult raids are 8 man only, so everyone in the party needs to be on their toes to handle mechanics as they are sometimes not telegraphed or require a lot of moving and reacting while healing/dpsing.

There are also bigger raids for 24 man and the newest one is 56 man raid.

youtu.be/WcWsZOUKlRk

>Sun
>Earth Mother
>Light

What is it with people ignoring the culture and even the background of races? Fucking Panderia and Panda themselves were a thing in previous Blizz games. Hate them because you think they LOOK stupid but don't hate them because you falsley think think they don't make sense. Not all fucking paladins have to look fabulous and beautiful. Except in DnD.

>I-IT'S FUN WITH FRIENDS
As expected of a retard draeneiposter. Watching paint dry is fun with friends too, but the fun certainly isn't coming from the activity.

Attached: 1537158635730.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Does Square Enix have dedicated recruiters or something? Every single mmo thread just have faggots sucking dick to get people to play FFXIV.

How are you confused why people are bitching about Battle for Azeroth when you havent even got out into BfA yet? Youve only completed the first 3 expansions which were objectively WoWs best, now you have to suffer of 3 awful expansions, and sit around in the new endgame doing absolutely nothing.

Then those forges should be competing with raid/mythic gear in stats, because iLvL isn't the endgame. You're being given a chance at better gear but trying to sell it as a bad thing.
>But my only upgrades can come from forges
There's more to the game than getting max iLvL.

>Watching paint dry is fun with friends too
Except it isn't and adding a shitty reaction doesn't add any validity to your retardation. Don't even respond I already look down upon you.

Because Tauren Paladins aren't Sunwalkers or sun druids or whatever Blizzard insists they are. They're fucking generic paladins who wear the same generic paladin gear and go to the same generic paladin order hall that paladins go in Legion. They don't even have a set to call their own, look at the shit in pic related. Does this shit look like something the native-american-themed tauren would wear? No, it doesn't.

Fuck off, Tauren Paladins are just Sunwalkers, they make perfect sense and they look great in the heritage armor. Why the fuck can't Zandalari be warlocks, now that's the question.

Attached: 23965719501231.jpg (1920x1080, 518K)

Watch out, With that post you're about to summon Human Male Paladins who only believe there's only one type of faith for Paladins in a fantasy game.

Attached: flashoflight.png (633x782, 975K)

forgot to attach pic

Attached: 1535607825602.jpg (935x1200, 283K)

so EZ mode finally arrived at it's only logical conclusion then?
glad i got out when i did

>Except it isn't
And you think WoW is fun? So basically your friends are a complete bore or you're just enough of a simpleton to actually find WoW leveling not boring.
Or you think you're having fun when in reality it's your dick having fun from your slutmogged draenei.

>they look great in this generic tauren heritage armor that isn't even out yet and won't be for at least anothe 5 months
ok retard

Attached: 1521115528875.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Nah, Legion was entirely fine, BfA just decided to do everything the same way, but worse.
World Quests are back, but they have much less variety and rewards are complete shit.
Emissaries are back, but there's only a handful and rewards are complete shit.
Artifact System is back, but it's a shitty universal necklace that rewards nothing but higher item levels, has no cosmetic components and has no content whatsoever designed around it.
The class design is the exact same, but all the Legion systems have been ripped out so it's all a complete fucking mess, with only the redesigned classes being received well because they are the only ones that were designed for this fucking expansion.

Revolving your entire endgame about rewards is one thing, but Battle for Azeroth kept that same system, scaled the rewards WAAAAAY the fuck down, removed cosmetic rewards like different Artifact appearances, and now they wonder why people are feeling apathetic about the expansion.

Oh and the story is complete fucking garbage. It always was, but now that they decided to focus on it, the abhorrent objective flaws in writing just become that much more apparent.

>mfw I can't check when I first started wow anymore since they changed the Blizzard Account layout
>Only shows details up to 2015

The only reason I had left to sign in

Attached: 1406853731440.jpg (471x517, 80K)

Okay faggot, there are other plate sets that don't look like a fucking human from Stormwind made them. I'm sorry your brain is too tiny to fathom transmog outside of tier sets.

Attached: 1538312207529.jpg (372x274, 41K)

>Legion was entirely fine
Fuck off with your retarded revisionism. Early Legion was borderline unplayable for anyone who got the worthless legendaries like sephuz, that leather belt, or prydaz, not to mention artifact power has been the SINGLE WORST FEATURE Blizzard has ever exhumed from the deepest reaches of their assholes.

>being this much of an incel

Attached: C04571EE-55FA-43E2-8C46-494F3F1A9F85.jpg (572x1017, 108K)

Like the TBC Draenei-themed ones? Wow you sure showed me.
If there are so many of them why don't you post some? Surely you know them by heart since they stand out so much.

>Cinidaria
>Sephuz
>bad
Ask me how I know you're a shitter.
And yeah, I don't judge expansions by a single, isolated raid tier.
Also, Artifact Power was entirely fine. Scaling Mythic Krosus around requiring an entire raid to farm 1000+ Maw of Souls wasn't, but that's not an Artifact Power issue. That's a dumb raid tuning issue.

Lmao yeah dumbass, I'm going to spend 30 minutes "proving" to some user that my taste are superior. Pathetic.

nice buzzword, i accept your concession
next time let your blood flow back into your shriveled up brain from your dick before you post

>Azerite armor is trash to the point where the devs all but admit it and are now taking it out of the game in 8.2
>Warfronts and Island Expeditions touted as the highlight of this expansion
>Warfronts are basically just a minigame you don't have to play. Unless your entire team goes AFK you cant lose and you just collect resources to make the AI go faster
>Island Expeditions are a race against the clock where you collect Azerite all while the opposing faction collects Azerite and if they collect more than you, you lose
>there's no time to just explore the island, you have to rush so no one wants to really play or stay together you're expected to go off on your own and collect Azerite
>loot is now fully RNG. Personal Loot has destroyed the game where you might kill a world boss, or do a full raid or a dungeon and get only a little bit of Azerite or gold. You can get seals that let you reroll the loot table, but again RNG if you get anything but Azerite or gold
>because of the last stat squish when this expansion launched alot of overworld quests and enemies are incredibly broken and Blizzard still refuse to fix them
good example would be a quest where you ride alongside Sylvanas (its somewhere in Eastern Kingdoms, I think Silverpine Forest maybe) you have to stay within an inch of her at all times or else she randomly despawns and you have to do the quest over again. She also stops twice to talk so you have to time and memorize where she stops and for how long or else she can despawn.

Once you get to 120 you'll start to notice alot of the flaws in this expansion

>30 minutes to type out a set's name
I'm sorry user, I didn't know you were this physically and mentally disabled.

Speaking of levelling in Silverpine, there's an elite near the end of the zone that is literally unkillable unless you are either lvl 20 or 75+. There are npcs who are supposed to help you, but only their health scales so they can't tank for you, they deal next to no damage, and the mob kills you in 2 Stormstrikes.
And getting help for it is nigh on impossible because it's a phased quest, so unless you find someone who just happens to be on that exact same phase, good fucking luck.

I can't believe that you think that baby tier trolling is enough to rile me up

>its easier to catch up.

bitch you are crazy, the shit they expect you to do to get to even the 1st expansions worth of content is so banal that they literally offer a service just to skip it.

sure its good, but the vanilla content and the way you unlock jobs is fucking insane.

even Ragnarok Online had a better system 15 years ago

laffin @ u m8

Attached: 5AF0175C-12A7-4439-92D1-04F5B91D4A8F.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

>Ask me how I know you're a shitter.
Oh yeah I'm about to get lectured by some anonymous retard who knows better than my class websites/discords and sims I can't wait.
>Also, Artifact Power was entirely fine. Scaling Mythic Krosus around requiring an entire raid to farm 1000+ Maw of Souls wasn't, but that's not an Artifact Power issue. That's a dumb raid tuning issue.
Problem has nothing to do with tuning, the problem has to do with guilds expecting you to autistically grind out your shit to stay competitive and/or shift blame for lack of progress. And for what? Because Blizzard needs to inflate their MAU numbers for shareholders. There was nothing fucking wrong with raidlogging and this shit just put me off raiding completely, and without raiding, the game has little else worth my time to offer.

And yet instead of just typing out the set's name, you keep replying despite the fact you think I'm trolling.
Is your pride so fragile you can't admit no such sets exist? Because you're not fooling anyone with this charade.

laugh all you want from inside your padded cell, buddy
last (you)

wPvP is completely ruined forever. PvP is a drawn out snooze vest compared to vanilla.

Why is a blue goat with a stretched face wearing red pixelated plates?

Is that meant ro look good?

Tyrannical Gladiator's Scaled Armor is the most unconventional paladin set

poor guy probably never touched a woman. beggars can't be choosers

WoW lore never ceases to amaze me about how shit it is.

>dude just get on wowhead and list the tier sets
You fucking fool, you've more than proved you have no conception of how to make a character look interesting. Your idea of effort is running an old raid for a tier set and that's more than obvious. Don't @ me again honey.

that's unconventional alright but i don't see a tauren wearing it

>my lack of imagination is your problem, conform to my stereotypes

Attached: 1538304427483.png (300x250, 30K)

>PALADINS SHOULD BE HUMAN ONLY REEEEE
every
time

>I want people to convince me why I shouldn't be having fun
the absolute retard

I asked for "some", not all of them. I'm also sorry you were never taught how to read.
>Your idea of effort is running an old raid for a tier set and that's more than obvious.
ok projecting clownsuitmogger
> Don't @ me again honey.
Don't tell me what to fucking do.

Attached: 1525891116489.png (346x1000, 280K)

Fucking feet fags ruin everything.

Attached: 5F2F3BF1-E7C1-4E4F-9394-FDD78279C6AE.gif (249x125, 368K)

Not necessarly but Paladin is a night with superpowers and boble values. Therefore it makes no sense that some savages can be paladins.

By imagination you mean OC donut steel "umm actually i was traned by a stormwind paladin" backstory, retard frogshit. When I think tauren armor I think of a tribal look. Exactly 's image. Feathers, bone, carved wood. That shit barely looks like paladin armor, nevermind sunwalker.

Attached: 1522783374816.jpg (720x736, 103K)

>Don't tell me what to fucking do.
I'm going to send you to your fucking room with a red ass you blood elf playing punk, I fucking warned you nigger, I'm going nuclear, fuck off my Sunwalkers

REEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1538410253327.jpg (900x904, 152K)

>who knows better than my class websites/discords and sims
ASK ME. HOW I KNOW. YOU'RE A SHITTER.
>guilds expecting you to autistically grind out your shit to stay competitive
Come on, son, we both know you weren't in an actual competitive raiding guild. Just a bunch of tryhard shitters. Outside of Nighthold's fucked up scaling in the second half, you could easily get Cutting Edge without clearing MoS over a thousand times. Even the 4 Legendary lock didn't keep people from Mythic Xavius or Helya.
Did the competitive raiding scene reroll characters multiple times to make sure they get the BEST legendary, especially for outlying specs that required specific setups to be competitive? Yes, and that was a fuck up.
Was Legendary Acquisition an issue for competitive raiders, which you claim to be, past the first Gul'dan Mythic clear? lmao no.

Look, you're so fucking scrambled I have no idea what you're trying to argue. I agree that Tauren should wear simplistic, tribal armor. I don't know why Dezco wears that Stormwind paladin shit other than Blizzard laziness, but that doesn't delete the reasons in the lore and the pretext for the existence of Tauren Sunwalkers and Sun Priest you MONG

Attached: 1538295640954.jpg (415x392, 47K)

"noble values" like kill everyone who isn't us, pic related? Stupid fucking lorelet, in Warcraft a paladin is just a warrior who can channel the light.

Attached: 1526849010594.jpg (838x1200, 86K)

I can sorta understand it when someone likes vidya lewds, but seriously, WoW?
The female models never even had good proportions. Since the model overhaul, everyone has FAS too, and dressing them in low-res, stretched textures from vanilla really isn't helping either.

People have been bitching about WoW expansions zince BC. I haven't played since BC myself and came back for BFA and am still having fun with it. World PvP is better than ever and that was always my favorite.

actually paladin and demon hunters are the only classes i haven't played because i refuse to make blood elves and i can't stomach playing tauren because of their model size
i'd play a zandalari paladin if BfA wasn't irredeemable garbage

>I'm having fun bullying
KEK fatso

>the problem has to do with guilds expecting you to autistically grind out your shit to stay competitive and/or shift blame for lack of progress
literally this
>December
>GM wants to be one of the top 100 to complete Dazar'alor
>wants us to have at least 32 or 33 Heart of Azeroth level to stay ahead
>Blizzard announced they're suspending Artifact Knowledge
>going to take for fucking ever to get these few levels without the constant catch-up
>finally raid day
>GM is pissed at everyone for taking a break over the holidays
>says we should have been grinding Azerite levels and grinding Mythic Uldir to stay ahead of the game
if only a casual Mythic guild existed that doesn't require you run +10-15 Freehold until your eyes bleed just so you can funnel gear

Paladins used to be a specific order of humans.
Now they just kinda crop up everywhere because Blizzard has a kitchen sink mentality and is incapable of making anything feel unique anymore because of it. Everyone is everything. Every race does everything. Nobody stands out anymore, they're just humanoids with different shit tacked on.

>Killing savages is the opposite of noble values.

Faggot.
And yes Paladin in warcraft where invented by humans to counter the death knights of the orcs during wc2.
And back then the light was literally christianity.

Fucking WoW faggot.

>ASK ME. HOW I KNOW. YOU'RE A SHITTER.
Oh boy I can't wait to be lectured by a retard who just magically guesses how to perform optimally. This'll be good. But unfortunately it looks like he thinks screeching the same sentence is a viable alternative to an actual explanation.
>Come on, son, we both know you weren't in an actual competitive raiding guild.
You're right, I wasn't, not long enough to actually count anyway, because my guild dissolved from people quitting after getting shitty legendary after shitty legendary while being constantly badgered by the upper echelons of the guild to keep spamming M+s for better legendaries, and then I learned the drop rate for second+ legendaries was bugged all along, threw my arms in the air and quit myself.
>past the first Gul'dan Mythic clear
bitch Nighthold wasn't even out when people started getting burned out of this AP and legendary grindgrindgrind garbage

Your gm is a dumb cunt.
Also, wanting to be top 100 competitive with 32/33? lmao, that shit started at 40. And then that shit didn't even matter because you clear most of the raid in less than 10 pulls.

>Can someone explain to me exactly what everyone is bitching about in terms of the game being ruined?

Basically all of the features/changes BFA implemented have been mediocre/pointless at best to making the game worse than it was in Legion.

>Warfronts and Islands
Both feel like a chore and grinding islands is probably the most mind numbing thing they've put in this game.

>HoA
Huge step backwards from Legion's artifacts, re-grinding traits feels like shit, abilities feel less impactful than legion artifact abilities, on top of losing the Legion artifacts it feels really bad.

>Mythic+
Arguably the best thing added to the game in Legion Blizz had the wonderful idea of giving pretty much every trash pack some sort of deadly ability that can't be ignored in BFA so people stopped pulling half a dungeon at once. Sounds fine on paper but it makes higher keys a lot more stressful because a single missed interrupt just kills the key and rogues are basically mandatory now for shroud.

>Allied races
Both KT humans and Zandalari trolls are still unavailable to play as of the writing of this post (BFA launched august of last year)

>savages
are you actually, legally retarded? scarlet crusade wants to wipe out the alliance just as much as the horde
>MUH RTS GAMES EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED AFTER THEM IS LITERALLY FANFICTION
yup, you are

>MUH RTS GAMES EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED AFTER THEM IS LITERALLY FANFICTION
I mean when it comes to writing quality, he isn't wrong
Not that it was that good before, but it was at least good enough to be enjoyable.

Maybe you and your turbocasual friends should have just stayed in a heroic guild where you belong instead of wasting a mythic guild's time, you fucking normie shitter.

>Best MMO in the market right now
>S-shills!!!
Yeah nah

>Cinidaria
>Sephuz
>bad
I was in a CE guild and whenever we picked people for M+ pugs we checked legendaries, Sephuz/Prydaz was a legit reason to not invite a person.
Early legion was so bad it made me quit after playing the game continuously since classic.

>OMG SOME PEOPLE CAN TURN INTO BAD GUYS, EVEN WHEN THEY BELONG TO SOME NOBLE ORDER, THAT MEANS THAT EVERYONE IN AZEROTH CAN BE A PALADIN.

Dumb fuckin mutt.

And yea, the lore of the RTS literally shit all over your pathetic game written by SJW, hacks and self inserts.
In fact WoW was a success because of the RTS.

Attached: 0DKvGdU.png (611x294, 40K)

>pvp brawl this week
>Southshore vs tarren mill
>Alliance
>Pull my weight, usually around the upper in a sea of red names
>Alliance lose consecutively 24 games. No fucking lie

Trash faction. Trash players. Trash game.

All three of you are retarded. Warcraft lore has always been fanfic tier garbage. The only difference is that there's an agenda today.

You still didn't ask but I will tell you anyways, you're a shitter because you have so little experience with the game that you rely on material used by other people that look at specific situations and raw numbers to judge items that are meant for specific situations.
Worst case scenario Cinidaria is a 3% dps gain, much higher if you are a burst class, which a lot are. It gets massively improved if there are adds, if said adds have low health, if said adds spawn frequently and if you have frontloaded damage or procs to abuse for priority switching.
Sephuz was one of the best fucking items for M+ even before it was buffed. You have a powerful buff on a near perfect uptime, but yeah, it'll be shit in a fucking sim, no shit.

>bitch Nighthold wasn't even out when people started getting burned out of this AP and legendary grindgrindgrind garbage
So they burnt themselves out on spamming a system that Blizzard let them spam, yet wasn't necessary WHATSOEVER for the highest endgame content available. I fail to sympathize. And even then, again, I would never call the expansion bad for that case.

You might be mixing up names here because Sephuz was bis for M+ for a lot of classes even before it was buffed. The on-demand mini Bloodlust was huge.

>it's just everyone's sick to death of the carefully managed grind the game's become

As someone who had been playing since Classic this is what made me take a break in Warlords and what finally killed it for me in Legion. While a lot of the content was still good if not great I could tell they were trying to constantly make me feel like I needed to always be playing and not trying to make want to keep playing.

Attached: db838b36e854467d408ad281029a2b86.jpg (500x650, 218K)

No it wasn't. It delivered one of the best story (for a vydia).

>self inserts
you're hilarious

Attached: 1535552903566.jpg (210x240, 8K)

Phasing is literally what killed WoW. The shared world stops existing when everyone is in their own single player phase. Stupid single player scenarios wont let you enter them as a group even.

Was he always a self-insert, or did that start when he got goel'd?

His self-insert wasn't apparent in wc3. He went full retard during WoW.

>talking about raiding
>this retard barges in with MUH M+
not even going to bother replying to the rest of your post, this is the last (you) i have to spare for you, oh ye great retard who thinks he's the only person who swaps gear

Endgame is great for raiders, not so good for anyone else. I RP so that keeps me enjoying the game.

>paying 15 bucks a month to play pretend sex with other grown ass men

Attached: 1549540879580.jpg (223x143, 12K)

Sephuz was worthless for singletarget and depending on the dungeon you had no adds for bossfights or the adds were cc immune. Most DPS legendaries added more overall damage throughout a dungeon and some classes legit needed a legendary to function (unholy DK for example).
Even then we had the problem that players were kicked from the raid roster because worse players than them found 2 DPS legendaries and they got Sephuz/Prydad, for EM that was a death sentence and even made some people reroll their character.

You talked about why Legion was shit in your eyes and the failings of the Legendary system, specifically underperforming legendaries, not raiding.
Don't burn yourself out carrying that goalpost.

Why is scaling so shit?
>decide to do weekly timewalking quest
>grab some guildies so we can just rush through them quickly
>bosses take longer to kill than they do in mythic+ key runs

Attached: 1432633652864.gif (1280x720, 507K)

>ERP
Disgusting, no. I stick to having sex with other grown men in person. Why do you think the entire RP community is Goldshire degeneracy?

Attached: 1538331123055.jpg (900x675, 93K)

>Dragon Soul raid was just you doing all the heavy lifting and being a decoy so the True Hero Thrall could charge up his Spirit Bomb
>Twice

Attached: sobored.png (172x248, 48K)

Uhmm sweety, that's a druid in tier 6

Attached: 6452119671_3d66367e15[1].jpg (500x369, 191K)

Naw, I don’t ERP. I’m not that desperate and starved for human interaction. I do things similar to a standard tabletop campaign. We’ve got a story built and each week we progress it after roughly a 2-3 hour session. Been pretty fun thus far.

That's a pretty nice set, but they're quite different. Get your eyes checked, darling!

cool
now defend spec-specific garbage that was literally never worth equipping in any non-meme situation, like aggramar's stride, the warlock portal pants, or the many, many, MANY spec-specific DPS legendaries that consistently performed well below par

Attached: 1530666192030.jpg (280x288, 12K)

>Blood Dk
>Shadowmourne
>Xuen cloak
>Draenor ring
>ICC rep ring
>BIS Azerite traits
>Legiondaries
>remaining slots filled with items with lots of sockets and op trinkets
lmao'ing at all the dps I beat the shit out of

so you pretend you're a stormwind guard? interesting

Dicks are fine, but have you considered filling your mouth with the word of the Lord instead?

Attached: 1538018728277.jpg (680x451, 63K)

>paying 15 bucks a month to play a bogged, dumbed down version of D&D

Attached: 1541728860283.jpg (645x330, 57K)

Green Jesus is yet more of a reason to turn back the clock on WoW lore.
I'd even go before 1.12. In fact, I'd go before WoW release.

De-hippy the night elves, make them never join the alliance. Do away with the gnomes, etc.

D&D ain't a video game I can play with people all over the world. World of Warcraft has quite a lot of nice content, and a really great world for stories to play out in. Plus you don't have to pay for WoW if you aren't a shitter.

>city RP
Naw, it’s very much like a story you’d see in a DnD premade, novel, or other game. Built from the ground up in Warcraft lore (while avoiding the bullshit). We fight, solve puzzles, and go through political intrigue to stop the several villains against us. It’s honestly a hell of a lot better than the current WoW story.
>bogged down
Not the way we do it.

>that was literally never worth equipping in any non-meme situation
But those are the best situations, especially for Aggramar's Stride
Fucking 284% base movement speed sets, delicious.
Legendaries that didn't provide a throughput boost sucked, I am not arguing that. Even after they buffed those to provide some kind of throughput, they were still underwhelming.

You would be surprised how many people do this
>login yesterday on MG
>go to Nazmir
>there are at least 20 people standing in a circle roleplaying all from the same guild
>some are yelling others just emoting
I came back several times to see if they were still there in the span of several hours and all they had done was move from the flight master to out in the grass still emoting and typing in /yell

LOL LEMME JUST PROC SEPHUZ WITH MY CC
OH WAIT I DON'T HAVE ANY THAT WON'T RESULT IN MY GROUP WIPING
STILL BIS THOUGH, SOME user ON THE INTERNET SAID I CAN HAVE A NEAR-PERMANENT UPTIME ON IT
fucking eat a bullet you living breathing piece of shit

Attached: makes sense.jpg (352x371, 65K)

What is this timewalking you speak of?

are you perturbed

Dungeons from past expansions that you can queue for that scales you down to their level.

no i'm just gonna sit idly by while a room temperate iq inbred vomits diarrhea while pretending to be the know-all end-all of Legion

are you sure
you seem very perturbed

Maybe BFA not the best expansion for WoW and current state of the game is not perfect, but the problem is that THERE ARE NO ALTERNATIVES FOR WOW.
If you like PvE and cool class mechanics then you stuck with WoW.
There are no games that can gave you same PvE experience and you have to play WoW if you like PvE MMOs.

So just accept that.

>cool class mechanics
>BFA

Attached: laughing_elf_man.jpg (191x264, 9K)

Name a game with better class mechanics in PvE.

>"totally not rage" bar
>generator
>spender
>aoe spender
>dot
>cooldown
>survival cooldown

Which class am I talking about.

GREY WOMAN BAD

I just do assault world pvp and it's fun

Ench shaman probably.

and at what point exactly did people get blackmailed into playing MMOs and exclusively MMOs? i don't remember ion showing up at my door with a gun in his hand telling me i'm only allowed to play MMOs from now on

Attached: 1547831511129.jpg (500x500, 52K)

If you don't like MMOs - you don't play them
If you like them - then you play WoW
That's plain and simple.

If you were forced to play MMOs at gunpoint, playing BFA would get you shot

Beats "spam shadowbolt all night and top dmg meters" of based TBC to me

>people actually think WoW's tabtargetting combat mechanics were ever anything to brag about
>people actually think the height of homogenization and 0 spell synergy aka "lmao build then spend" aka BfA is acceptable
Absolutely terrifying.

I like MMOs but not enough to stomach BfA. I'd rather just play something else in the meanwhile.

Attached: 1527191330769.png (192x239, 88K)

I have things to work towards. Speak for yourself.
When I want to upgrade my gear, I do M+ (And a lot of other people also do raids.), which has been the main focus of the game since forever.
When I want to farm shit, I do it.
When I want to level, I do it.
And so on. This game is huge. BfA is not the best but it's not the worst. It's still fun.
No one cares about your chink shit. Go back to your containment thread on /vg/ where you discuss fucking kids.

Yeah, they made every class play like rogue because rogue was the only fun class to play

lmao seething human neckbeard

Attached: 1550100789647.png (1280x1057, 226K)

or at least it was before the class fantasy attacked

Attached: 1537887536006.png (1980x1855, 1.04M)

remove humans and belves
there, I just fixed WoW

Valley of Strength... home

Attached: orgrimmar-wide-view[1].jpg (1600x900, 161K)

Actually i never really liked humans and the Alliance in WoW.
First race was a troll, then an undead.

a literal minigame. ythisens confirmed it has a very niche community compared to the rest of the end game content, especially mythic+

What is the purpose of lugging around a giant fucking totem pole on your back?

Ghostcrawler used to talk about how the desire to make every class play like rogue was very strong, mainly because energy is an easy resource to regulate. I believe he said it was lazy development to do that.

Now look.

to whack people over the head

>There's literally 14 years of content in the game.
14 years of dead content, this is not a good thing

>Easy to catch up
>Forced to slog through the entirety of the fucking main quest just to start the next expansion
>Or pay them to skip

I was at Max level for the the main game for a fucking month because of the stupid main quest lockout shit

>All the amount of work that into Trashran only for it croak.
They were rightfully warned

>tfw we never got splashran

Attached: 1429152571531.jpg (900x608, 84K)

I never played wod, what was so bad about ashran?

if only they actually fucking learned their lesson
>ion's face when threads upon threads saying warfronts are boring afkfests and a waste of time

Attached: 1544104853074.png (411x412, 244K)

If they did, BfA could have been avoided

>I haven't hit level cap yet, I'm only at like level 70, but so far I'm having fun. Whats wrong with it?

Oh yeah it's so fun to oneshot all mobs and nothing is a challenge even if you just auto attack, either a braindead 40iq retard or a shill.

blizzard is so fucking out of touch they think blizzard play the game based on nostalgia alone. So fucking sick of REMEMBER WARCRAFT 3???? WE DOOO!!!! I guarantee you if warfronts didn't reward heroic raid level gear nobody would do them
(why the fuck does content you can afk through reward heroic raid level gear content is another story for another time)

Attached: 1520729102654.jpg (186x223, 26K)

i seriously hope you're not trying to imply leveling has never been challenging when WoW has always been known as the most casual friendly MMO in the market when it came out
>b-but if you pulled two mobs at once you died!
yeah but you didn't lose XP or gear like in other MMOs
fucking blizzdrones, learn your place

>Why the fuck do they have glowy eyes anyway? I'm fucking sick of glowy eyes everywhere
no idea, but they gave dark irons glowing eyes and beards that are eternally on fire for no reason also

I like WoW, I liked classic, but this shit right here
People talk about how hard leveling used to be and forget how they were always a joke to the MMO community

Attached: 1450807459445.png (522x516, 335K)

>There's literally 14 years of content in the game.
Totally bro just run Molten Core and raid ICC again.

Attached: conairfans.jpg (205x246, 9K)

maybe before the alien wind chime lore rape

With all the catch up mechanics most people say the opposite, that their efforts are pointless with the increasing amounts of welfare gear. Then things like artifact knowledge make it so you don't need to put in the time to clear content. And there's arguments for both sides, such as that stuff existing since vanilla or that the people complaining were never in the running for any notable achievements. It's all just a bunch of hot air. The systems in place were never that good to begin with.

Fun fact : Warcraft 3 was popular because of its campaign and the map editor which gave dota.
Blizzard fucked both of them.

oh yeah man i'm gonna resub right now to make 10 alts to run ICC 10 times a week to get a mount with a ps1 model that literally every fucking person and their grandmas has, or some fucking pixelated gear to play dress-up
fuck off. you're the reason everyone's progression gets reset every patch.

when are us elf-fags gonna get moar elves to RP as?

whenever we need another quick, cheap and effortless injection of cash, my lovely goys. our top artists have their fill tools ready to recolor those blood elf eyes to blue.

Attached: 1548238696163.jpg (645x660, 111K)

Knowing how Blizzard handled Demon Hunters, wouldn't shock me if they had Helves behind some breakable glass in case subs dip below 1 Mil If it hasn't already by now that is

>Almost two years since launch
>Still no content
God. Damn.

>What is it with people ignoring the culture and even the background of races?
you mean the culture and background they made up for cata to make tauren paladins and priests a thing?

That looks like a warrior set, not a paladin set

it was casual then, it is hardcore now

no, it was casual then, it's braindead-proof now.

not since wow came out

>Whats wrong with it?

Attached: f36.gif (409x250, 2.52M)

what mechanics do classes in bfa have? everyone is literally just builders and spenders with big shiny procs

Name a game with better mechanics.

FFXIV.

There's Final Fantasy and GW2 out there if you like MMOs that much.

so you're agreeing that class design in bfa is dog shit?

Even GW2 at this point.

> FFXIV.
> There's Final Fantasy
Nice bait, it's sad that i already fall for it and now i know the truth about FFXIV.
There are the worst tanks i eva played, even worse than ESO tanks.
Yes. BFA's class design is pure shit in comparison with old WoW mechanics.
But funny thing that even this shitty design still better than any alternatives. Like its shit, but there are no games with better gameplay.
It is sad, but true, i hope in future they will fix it.
Nice meme.

1. All games are more fun with friends
2. You have shit taste
3. /thread

>D&D ain't a video game I can play with people all over the world.
This is hilarious because the game used to be much more DND inspired. Things like weapon skills or rogue poisons and hunter pets ect.

>I'm only at like level 70
You haven't experienced the part of the game people complain about yet.

>free
>requires paid subscription

>/threading your own post
c&bp

>no class quests
Did you miss Legion where every class got an entire campaign?

>classes look a lot of fun compared to cata
tell that to dks

did you miss the part of legion where some classes/specs shared the same exact questlines

The artifact quests are not the class campaigns. Also all the artifact stuff is a good chunk of content.

Nothing's stopping you from doing that in retail. Sodapoppin did it, even Asmongoloid got a group of 70s together to do Herald.

Attached: 1550736461227.jpg (1200x800, 646K)

I didn't say GW2 was all that good though.

Why would you not just play Dnd or something,

80s rather

Lemme give you something to say intead of none arguments, if you want to complain about ffxiv tanks just say that your just a dps with tank cooldowns, because in any higher level content you are. Paladin is really boring.
But even then wow tanks are still the worst.

> I guarantee you if warfronts didn't reward heroic raid level gear nobody would do them
I do because Elite Arathi Plate looks fucking sick and I want to collect the transmog.
Not use it, just to collect it.

>People unironically think that current WoW class design is not only good but better then some of the other MMO's out there
YIKES

Attached: 1550371041859.jpg (1149x690, 72K)

Pressing buttons until your class resource spender has started flashing then use that.
Good class design

It's better than FFXIV's design.
In wow tanks actually TANK enemies and must survive under heavy attacks, while FFIXV's tanks are just DPS with a bunch of protective cooldowns.
In WoW BDK have to think about Death Strike spent to survive, while in FFXIV you just use your 20 sec damage reduction ability and spam Fell Cleaves all the day.

this may surprise you but there are classes besides tanks in xiv

He's a blizzdrone. There's no getting through to him.

Attached: 1550086663907.jpg (600x1799, 1.18M)

Plenty of boss in FFXIV hit very hard, require mechanics like tank swapping. I've seen blood death knights fighting a long time after all healers have died.Overexageration is not good for your argument

>asmongold got people together to run old content (for reward)
yea thats not at all an exception.

What if i wanna be a tank? For now there are 3 tanks jobs, one more coming with expansion.
They are all just damage dealers with CD like -20% damage for 20 sec.
Mostly tanks just do damage and that's all. Like literal DD.
> Plenty of boss in FFXIV hit very hard
Which one? Any of them from actual content or it is old shittie bosses in daily roulette?
Cause all current content require damage dealing tanks. FFS, now you even would be kicked for using tank stance, you HAVE to deal damage and that's you call tanking?
> I've seen blood death knights fighting a long time after all healers have died
Well that's exactly what i call tanking. Tank himself responsible for his life. He has a lot of instruments for survival and his purpose in fight - use them to minimize attention from healers, so they can heal other raid members.

In FFXIV tank main purpose is to do maximum damage.
Let's take for example warrior and blood dk.
Blood dk generate resource and spend it on attack that heals him and grans him shield.
Warrior generate beast gouge and has two abilities as spender - one heals him and grants -20% damage for 6 sec and the other one deals massive damage.
And, bruh, you literally would be kicked if you eva use the first one.

>tfw you raided with this blood elf slut

>This game is huge
>end-game consists of 8 garbage dungeons, a garbage raid and world quests where you escort baby turtles into the water
the absolute state of nu-wow players

Realistically what do you think Blizzard's end goal with this expansion's story, if you can call it that? Do you think it'll be a lazy Garroshing like in Mists or do you think they'll actually pull something creative out of their asses?

Attached: qIidxNd.png (827x543, 553K)

Fake
And
Gay

>leveling isn't challenging, just a grind with casual stuff allowing for willful distractions instead of interesting quests
>the quest lines that still exist are short and blow their XP wad smothering the entire realm in 1/2 hour so you can level fast, resulting in an even more shallow grind experience
>forced to level certain characters for xpacs because classes are broken, xpacs intentionally overpower new races/classes
>everything is spoonfed beyond this and basic button mashing rotations inside postion/timing mechanics is the height of gameplay
>endgame: armor sets are the only way to go and character specs are cookie cutter
They made it more boring by adding more features and expansions. That takes some talent and effort. If you like it, good for you, though.

Will you need BfA for Classic?

They can't do that in every situation, or else you would only see death knights. The fact that they can do that should speak of their strengths rather than weaknesses. If anything it would make them overpowered but not badly designed.

DKs have been OP since they came out because they have such great tools.

which is why I included sodapoppin as well who leveled up with a group of people from 1 to 60 and they did Molten Core back in WoD

>G-GUISE I PLAYED VANILLA I SWEARS!1!
>P-PLEASE BUY THE WORST DUMBED DOWN CASUAL GARBAGE PLEASE I'M NOT A SHILL
Fuck off actiblizzard drone, is this some kind of out of season April Fools joke?

Attached: 1541542264489.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

just have to pay the sub fee every month

cringe

I'm in the same boat as you but it was around 5 months ago.
Believe me it's just a honeymoon phase, it lasts like 4 weeks and then your opinion of the game drops pretty sharply after that when you've experienced all the new things and then look at what actual replayability and balance all of it entails.

Old Gods playtime

Mate, BfA will only have 3 raid tiers, and Eternal Palace of Azshara is the final one. Azshara gets bonked, N'zoth is sealed, that's it. Finale.