Artificial difficulty doesn`t exis

>Artificial difficulty doesn`t exis...

Attached: 1551052928438.jpg (1267x707, 355K)

>making your character look like shrek
y

For pure roleplay reasons. I'm playing as Shrek using a Lightning Rapier. Fun as shit.

>not Large/Great Club like a true ogre

I thought about using the Great Club, but my last gameplay was with it. I decided using something different this time.

god dark souls 2 is so fucking ugly

God, SotFS was even more of a mess than OG DS2.
Felt like baby's first romhack at times with all these copypasted enemies.

I've come to understand that when someone says ''artificial difficulty'', they really mean ''difficult thing that I'm having trouble with''. No one has been able to give me a good explanation of what that is.

those heide knights can go fuck themselves

especially in sotfs, they couldn't be bothered to fix their weird fucking animations

>posts casual filter

Isn't this SotFS in a nutshell.

>dude what if we just dumped a bunch of random enemies all around the area
>fucking genius box it up and resell it as a completely new game

why do you run past them all getting them aggro'd instead of fighting them 1 or 2 at a time

in the case of dark souls games, not letting you zoom out the camera, so you have to blindly predict what enemies behind you are doing.

Oh look the DS2 defense force is here

That was always ds2. Sotfs just adds more mobs in iron keep making it more obnoxious.

How is this artificial difficulty?
If you killed Dragonrider then just go to his bonfire, pull in the knights one by one with a bow.

Stone giants can't get into the boss area, too big, so just pull each knight in one by one and kill them

user, are you really having difficulty and decided to run past them?

seething 2cuck

Is it any worse than the torch zombies? Or Capra demon?
What about the dogs in DS3?

The entire series has "lol fuck you" moments.

Both swamps in DS1 and DS3 are artificially difficult - the biggest issues is if you want to explore which you should.
DS2 just poisoned you and said "here's lifegems, have fun". DS1 made it slow + poison + the toxic + the fps drops

DS3 had those fuck huge ghru that launch the orbs with each attack while you move slow
Plus the regular leaping ghrus

All three games have "fuck you" areas.

No souls game has artificial difficulty.
Artificial difficulty is when an enemy has the same animations and move sets, or even looks the same, but has bigger numbers than a normal enemy you were fighting. As the boss fights are different than the regular enemies of the world, and the regular enemies of the world don't just have bigger numbers compared to lesser versions of themselves at the start of the game. The souls games do not have artificial difficulty.

Games with Artificial difficulty would be, Most MMOs (World of Warcraft), Action RPGs(Diablo, POE), Every looter shooter(the division main culprit) The game is only harder because of bigger numbers.

>Run through the are and aggro everyone while naked
>"Dude artificial difficulty lmao why is everyone following me"

>Artificial difficulty is when an enemy has the same animations and move sets, or even looks the same, but has bigger numbers than a normal enemy you were fighting.
Literally capra demon or any other normal enemy recycled as a boss

Why the fuck would you let an enemy behind you?

Death to all Jews and Muslims...

I liked the UI though

>swamps
No swamp in any game is fun. Fact. Fucking hate Farron Keep

For the boss, is there an arena for the boss and do they seem to use other movesets? If the engagement is set in a way that makes the fight differently than the other fight and you have to use different tactics, how is that artificial, sounds like regular difficulty to me. How is it artificially inflating the difficulty, if you now have to fight the boss in a different way?

I actually liked it in DS2.
It was such a relief to find out that swamp was simply a bit annoying to explore if you didn't use lifegems.
As opposed to "lol 15fps, poison, slow movement, fuck you enemies"

Because its literally what you described as artificial difficulty and now you're changing the rules

Artificial difficulty means:
>A: Incresing the ammount of enemies and/or their hitpoints and damage
>B: Putting traps that the player has no way of predicting

What SotFS was example A of artificial difficulty

Upping the difficult by adding "x2" in front of every enemy health and damage value should be banned.

>Artificial difficulty is when an enemy has the same animations and move sets, or even looks the same, but has bigger numbers than a normal enemy you were fighting. As the boss fights are different than the regular enemies of the world, and the regular enemies of the world don't just have bigger numbers compared to lesser versions of themselves at the start of the game. The souls games do not have artificial difficulty.

That's exactly what happens in the games.
Recycled enemies that look and act the same as they did earlier like Hollows, Golems or Balder Knights all have increased stats later on.

I would go so far as saying, increasing an enemies hitpoint/damage without changing the encounter is the only form of artificial difficulty.

Imagine being so bad at games you can't handle group encounters or ambushes.

Is this the strict but fair thread?

Attached: 1510104726817.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

So if I run through any souls area without killing anything and take a photo of the monsters all behind me I'll have evidence of artificial difficulty?

Attached: 1550669523178.png (500x566, 100K)

git gud
>being this shit at vidya
kek

t

All these bad players complaining about a game saying, this game isn't hard if it wasn't for artificial difficulty, then have a hard time explaining what exactly artificial difficulty is. And somehow the only games plagued by artificial difficulty are the souls games. Instead of games that just inflate damage and HP numbers. The term is stupid, and only used by players who want to play a souls game but need a valid excuse from the GIT GUD crowd.

Imagine wanting defending and liking a shitty game like Dark Souls 2.

>A.
None of this is artificial difficulty. It's just difficulty that you don't personally enjoy. Increasing damage and HP is a viable way to increase challenge, otherwise players wouldn't be complaining about it.

Artificial difficulty is extremely rare in videogames, and usually boils down to technical glitches, truly impossible scenarios, camera issues, or RNG. Anything else is up for examination, but there is nothing about it that is inherently wrong.

Attached: hard.jpg (240x210, 9K)

le git gud

A long time ago it used to be a misnomer for when games changed their difficulty solely through the stat values ie giving enemies themselves more health, damage etc., but even that's largely been forgotten in favour of "thing I don't understand and can't beat.".

I know, I should have seen that coming.

Attached: 1536780048240.webm (1024x576, 2.7M)

If they're so difficult to fight that you have to cheese them with a bow, it undermines your argument.

I would agree that is bullshit.

Um, no, you pull them once with a bow to get their attention

But if you want to be retarded: walk out, hit it once, move back into a safe area.

Repeat

Yes, the heide knights are more fucked up than anything you just mentioned. They have extremely janky weird animations.

The game does indeed suck, but he has a point. You only need to fight like 3 or 4 of these guys in total.

read

There are actually a few instances of that in the games, the biggest being NG+.
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at a concept or method of increased difficulty. Perceived effort of the dev by the player has no effect on what the game itself offers.

Obviously you aggrod a bunch of them trying to run past. In which case just keep running, they literally can't keep up with you, lol

Always hated this. The fuck does my sword bounce off walls, but theirs clips through to hit me? Died a handful amount of times, so it's not that big of an issue, but it still annoys me since the death wasn't on me.

Alright Yea Forums, whats a genuine example of artificial difficulty? Doesn't have to be Souls.

In terms of combat the ghrus/doggos in DS3 are worse.

DS1 I can't really think of much outside of pinwheels if you get unlucky and fall into them while being chased by the BK

But I'd argue in Sen's the entire thing is on par with anything from DS2, outside of hard mode passage in the DLC.
Ok dearie.
I explained without the bow how to defeat them
You go into the dangerous area, withdraw while being chase, move to a safe area and fight them.

You know the room with the boss you killed? Yeah okay, what you can do is walk out, get chased by a heide knight, go in there, he follows, you kill it, then go outside, kill the stone knight, find the next heide knight, repeat from step one

IWTBTG is Artificial difficulty up the ass.

DS2 just has poor design but all of it can be seen from the player’s view and typically works as intended

Rubber banding in racing games. Fuck you, niggers. I passed your slow asses, why do you get a boost in speed to catch up with me?

SOME

any richfags willing to gift this game to moi?

>doggos
Are they really that bad? I can't think of any time I've been killed by the boney pups. I'll agree with you that Ghrus are bullshit, although I've never died to them either.
Fuck the Elder Ghru btw.

I Want To Buttfuck That Goblin? Is that an Incase game

Where are the shaders?

The Division. The enemies don't have better AI, they don't anything differently other than having bigger numbers. Same with High levels of the torment of difficulty in Diablo3.

They're fine on their own. It's when they're with other enemies that are the issue.
For example just after the area with Crystal Sage that leads up to the cathedral, there are I think 3 hollow crossbow NPCs and four or five doggos.

If you aren't careful about retreating, you'll be gangbanged into dying again and again.

Also the fact they fucking teleport to avoid getting stuck in the world

If you take the term literally, then yeah the only truly unreasonable difficulty are things that are based on utter glitches and forced scenarios. Although even then in some small cases the consequences lessen the issue or even make it more effective for the game in other ways. I think the bridge in DS1 is a good example, it's set up to be extremely hard to avoid for a player, but it's not there to be a challenge you avoid in the first place. It's purely to bolster the atmosphere, to fuck you over and kick you down after managing to beat the boss. It's why it's great.

>rng selects Walter as your uncontrollable ai partner
>uncontrollable ai partner Walter randomly uses agi
>gives boss the smirk status because he's immune to agi
>smirk gives you guaranteed crits and landing crits gives you more actions
>wiped in 1 turn from full health to no fault of your own
H O Y

Attached: Minotaur_SMTIV_Full_Artwork.jpg (261x479, 34K)

DS1 also has some bullshit hit boxes with the skelly dogs

>run past all the enemies to aggro them
>WOOOW WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ENEMIES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I want to be the guy. It’s a shit fan game throwback with unfair difficulty based on learning each screen and memorizing death zones

I've never noticed that. I've only played through the game twice.

In what are they bad?

Why are you naked

You didn't answer his question.

Hitbox is wider than the model and active attack frames last much longer than the animation. Never had a problem till my 100th playthrough where a late swing pushed my char off the edge into other dogs.

Small section tho and not noticible unless no shield run

>those fucking turtle enemies with infinite poise
>in a tight ass space

I finished the game once but when I tried to do a replay in the Scholar version I gave up as soon as I got to that part.
Even though I liked the game, DS2 has indeed artificial difficulty.
>arrows literally curve mid air to hit you
>your attacks bounce on walls but not the enemies
Shit is so obvious its not even funny.

Artificial difficulty doesn't exist because it's a meaningless concept so your example is irrelevant. What people call "artificial difficulty" have nothing in common and there's nothing particularly "artificial" about any of it, any more than any other difficulty in games at least.

Why is every Souls game player so fucking retarded?

The human grunts in half life.

>Soul memory
Dropped
Don't fucking punish me just because I wanted to farm for the chink armor in the Iron Keep. Japanese faggots.

That was actually done to try to stop people giving end game/ng+ items to alts to troll low level players with
As well as a very effective anti-cheating detector

it's a term made by game design hopefuls. they don't have any actual talent but hope to create a knowledge base to shop their "expertise" to people who, you know, actually know how to make games.

You can roll through their attacks fairly easily. The second one in that area can be killed with the guillotine if you don't want to fight him head on.

You could argue that makes it a puzzle game with the appearance of a platformer. But anyway the "term" artificial difficulty itself should be thrown out as it ultimately means nothing. No one can even come to a proper consensus on it's very loose definition to begin with and it's own connotations are flawed.

>get killed by it once
>learn
>never get killed by it again

You can't buff defence?

>As well as a very effective anti-cheating detector

>spawn items
>edit stats to my liking
>no souls or soul memory involved

>playing online

Attached: 4ac.jpg (621x621, 77K)

Why not just stop item trading?

Buddy of mine made a level 20 thief in DS1cleared everything up to 4kings, couldnt do the dps check and died, nobody was in his level range to get summoned there. So he got stuck. That character would have fucked some nerds up.

Well it wasnt just them, that entire part was pretty not fun to do.
And if you dont kill them, theres no way you can backtrack without a dozen enemies right in your way.

He's the first boss and even if you could at that point I'm sure it wouldn't be enough

Kingdom hearts unironically has more artificial difficulty in the first two games than souls

Can this Candlejack meme just die alrea

Their AI is literally "move around, stop, shoot, randomly throw grenade, move when hurt, repeat"

How could you possibly have any trouble with them?

I agree that Iron Keep is annoying, but the turtles in the narrow hallway are one of the easier things to deal with in that zone.

>run through an area without paying attention
>whine when you get punished for it

>Picking off enemies in groups by pulling aggro is an age old tactic that is accepted as a good technique for dealing with mobs in any game
>Except when it's DaS 2 because we must hate it
Git gud shitter

>not whining about Iron Passage
>those fucking jailors in a single file in Irithyl Dungeon in DS3
>the grab hitboxes for both mimics and ogres again in DS2

There are far more valid things to whine about, my boy.

>DS2

Games where you're running/racing from an enemy but if you do too well it teleports closer to you to always pose a threat.

The fact that a lot of enemies in the Über difficulty of TNO only really get damaged by either a full-charge Laserkraftwerk shot or the rockets in the AR.
The Supersoldaten and the shotgun dudes were fucking impossible.

A better example would be stealth in The New Colossus, though. Or rather, the lack of it.

>still going the way he goes even after "feeling" the hitbox
literally retarded