Did the WAU really do anything wrong?

Did the WAU really do anything wrong?

Attached: WAU_-_In-game.png (1024x768, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=799LV3ROEmg&feature=youtu.be&t=1348
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From our point of view the WAU was out of control, but as far as it was concerned it was just following it's instructions. I didn't poison it, on the hope that it might eventually create something worthwhile

Depends on your definition of wrong.
The WAU was just doing what it was designed to do, its just that the outcome is shit if you care about your humanity or free will.

No, but we didn’t either, it’s trying to take control of us, as it’s designed to do, and we fight against it, as we’re supposed to.

should have just stayed in WAU VR desu

The WAU was humanity's best hope for survival on the scorched earth. Its earlier creations were terrifying abominations, yes, but it was slowly figuring out how to create humans that were both resistant to the elements and sane, a la Simon 2.

Attached: 2f6bc011e3e6590b3b029d8ebaf92bb1.jpg (720x701, 125K)

youtube.com/watch?v=799LV3ROEmg&feature=youtu.be&t=1348

Attached: harold.jpg (466x500, 37K)

Simon 2 was only sane because he deluded himself into thinking there was hope and ignored that he was a corpse with a chip brain for most of the game.

Yeah but he was orders of magnitude more functional than any of the WAU's previous attempts. It was learning, and eventually it would figure out how to instill a desire to rebuild civilization in its creations. You have to remember that the WAU's original purpose was to manage life support systems, so it didn't have a complete picture of what made humans the way they were, even if it did know what they were.

Of course it did a shit ton of things that were wrong, that it did it with malice? No, but that's irrelevant to the question. That it malfunctioned i would say kind of, and kind of not.

Attached: Desktop 07.17.2016 - 21.30.59.18.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Given enough time, without breaking down, the WAU would have recreated humanity, or at least a reasonable facsimile capable of living lives with pleasure and joy and intelligence.

Instead, our retarded main character was goaded into killing god and permanently killing humanity so he could ERP with a fucking nasty cunt bitch on an asteroid. Which he didn't even understand that he wouldn't really get to do.

Hot

Particular boy that simon

Attached: I cast fist.webm (1208x680, 1.28M)

imagine the smell

Mankind was doomed anyway, even if WAU didn't start "preserving" humans they would run out of food eventually and die. Posthuman beings created by WAU, if they weren't batshit insane, would be the best chance of mankinds legacy to live on.

You don't have to kill the WAU.

in my game i did because i was roleplaying simon as someone with 72 IQ. all the information we are ever given about simon suggests learning disability

>Trying to RP the game as yourself

Why? You can be anything.

god i wanna cum inside that

Simon literally believed in the coinflip theory until the bitter end.

He can't have a double digit IQ

WAU was litteraly recreating humanity. If you found his batch of almost human machines hidden in the game you would of noticed it too. His early creations were monsters, however as time progressed he got better at it

>OH GOD IT'S MAKING HORRIBLE MONSTERS
>simon kills the WAU
>fast forward 20 years in the alternate timeline
>WAU has created a being that has about 400 IQ and floats around by controlling electromagnetic energy
>it understands and rejects the concepts of greed, hatred, etc, and is capable of a near-perfect society
>within a hundred years the world is cleaned up by unforseen technologies and booming new silver-white cities emerge

Great job Simon

He doesn't necessarily have to.

but he would, because he's very stupid, and stupid people are typically vengeful and violent

He showed recognition of the fact that the WAU was helping him all along. It's not outside the realm of possibility at all.

i am now imagining a comic where simons' face is drawn like Leon's face in the famous "ok fag" comic

>WAU CAN YOU MAKE A NEW VERSION OF ME WITH REAL BIG PEEPEE??

er, no way fag. fag