Almost everything about this game has upset me deeply and kind of put an irreversible dent in my appreciation for...

Almost everything about this game has upset me deeply and kind of put an irreversible dent in my appreciation for gaming as a whole.

Attached: sfv-logo-white-750.png (750x400, 50K)

post sticks

Attached: stick.jpg (1122x632, 100K)

People are still playing it, it can't be that bad.

I miss street fighter 4
Now only hardcore players are online

It's SF, there will always be some players.

As a long time SF fan it is pretty good, but the only reason it is still going is because the competition just fucking sucks. Maybe if DBFZ wasn't casual shit it would've become the fgc flagship.

A lot of people play it because of the SF name, or because of their love for the older games. I don't think many players genuinely enjoy the SFV-specific stuff or the business/DLC practices.

>sfv nigger talking shit about dbfz
lol now thats rich

dbfz is the sfv of anime fighting games in terms of simplicity and killing player expression

what happened to chat rooms in video games what the fuck. HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING INDUSTRY IS CONTROLLED BY FUCKING KIKES FUCK.

If that were true, mobas and gacha wouldn't be so popular.

This, you hear people say they need a game that feels like SF or you can't judge it till the last iteration. Just excuses, the people who like it would like whatever is put in front of them with the same branding. At the end of the day brand means more than quality of the product

>dbfz is the sfv of anime fighting games
based

Attached: 1541607351137.png (339x292, 119K)

That a very casual perspective, base SFV was great the problem came mostly from the frequent updates, while some changes were positive most were detrimental to the meta.
While DBFZ is mostly held back by the terrible balance, almost every other anime fighter that came out recently is alot more casual.

I can't believe i stuck with it for all these years.

>Imagine still having SFV rent free in your head when every other sane fucker has moved on from it.

Attached: 1548797206108.png (285x270, 87K)

>Almost everything about this game has upset me deeply and kind of put an irreversible dent in my appreciation for gaming as a whole.
I feel you.

Attached: 1522411474995.gif (300x164, 1.77M)

What happened to chat rooms in video games?

>HOLY SHIT THIS FUCKING INDUSTRY IS CONTROLLED BY FUCKING KIKES FUCK

This happened, you toxic pricks ruin everything

I really like it because its easier to play. I enjoy it more than some of the pther Street Fighter games, and have put more time into V.

Attached: 821C363D-405E-485B-B976-14F4665E5F1D.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

The truth is everyone is too casual for fighting games, you literally cannot win the casual audience doesn't matter how hard you try.
From now on fighting games will either be a niche with a small audience or ultra casual garbage.

It's not a bad Street Fighter, but the SF franchise is already somewhat mediocre. I've actually given it another chance last week (I hadn't played it since Menat came out). The game is pretty slow, even more so than any other SF. It also has what I consider to be design flaws around the throws, though this has been in every SF since the invention of the 2 button throw. The frame data for throws and regular attacks is too similar. USF4 "got around it" by having an OS; I don't know if some OS was found for SFV, though I assume there is. Either way I think it's a pretty awful design, specially considering how effective tick throws are and how strong the throw/shimmy/meaty mix-up is.
While it is not awful I do not enjoy it. I've always been on the verge with SF as a whole and this one just crossed the line. If anything I'd just go for KoF XIV or something. I'm looking forward to Samurai Spirits and Granblue Versus for that style of more ground focused game.
So, in the end, it's not a terrible Street Fighter, but I don't consider it a good fighting game.

With consoles it's just easier to put in pre-made messages. If I'm not mistaken you can message random people anyway. Some devs put in the effort to give PC a keyboard-enabled chat, but that's not the case with Capcom.

Attached: 1531305548740.jpg (2448x2160, 349K)

>you literally cannot win the casual audience doesn't matter how hard you try

You can. I enjoy SFV as Chun-li and find it actually super intuitive, but aparently this feeling is actually the "dumbing down" of SF because im told i only like it because its easy and simple combos aren't frame perfect links anymore.

>I don't know if some OS was found for SFV, though I assume there is.
They patch out any option selects, for better or for worse

>The game is pretty slow, even more so than any other SF.
The game is pretty offensive so I wouldn't call it slow. The walk speeds themselves are slow, but your dashes are good and the less reactive nature of the game means it is all about getting up in someones face and making the right reads.

The walking is slow but even the moves feel sluggish during combos and pressure. Maybe it's because I'm too used to GG and normals cancelling into each other in general.

>and simple combos aren't frame perfect links anymore.
Only SF4 had them as a common thing, even then not always important for your bnbs. Sounds more like you don't know much about the series. The bigger problem with SFV combos is variety, which kind of extends out to the game in general. What you can do is very planned out, you aren't going to be optimising or discovering cool tech. So everyone ends up playing the same and doing the same sort of thing. You aren't going to fight a more zoning heavy Ryu cause any good player knows how to get around that shit and blow him up. Menat is pretty much the only character where you see people going for different stuff dependent on their skill level/play style.

And SFV really doesn't seem to have succeeded at that. The FGC still push it but the casual audience lost interest at the start. I think SFV more appeals to the bit below mediocre player, the one who wants to be good at fighters but wants to do no work.

Well said.
>almost every other anime fighter that came out recently is alot more casual.
Like what? Certainly not bbtag, blazblue, gg, unist, koihime enbu, or... any other anime fighter I can think of.

DBFZ's biggest problem besides the brainless 20 second combos (which some people apparently like so I won't call it an objective flaw) is the godawful character variety and lack of neutral focus.

The problem with sfv appeal is that the focus shifted alot, where in 4 the highest difficult was optimization were in 5 the focus is on fundamentals, spacing, confirms and conditinioning.
That is what alienates casuals, the average player in 4 would accept not winning because he couldn't do the optimal combo, or that karademon/throw with consistency while in 5 most people can do it and you have to focus on the more "obscure" aspects of fighting games.
Look at this shitter for example, who thinks what makes someone good at fighting games is pulling off long ass combos instead of all the other fundamentals.

I dont know about all that but when i play SFV chun i feel like i have more clear options than if i play SFII Turbo chun. I have low medium kicks into lightning legs, i can fient a jump in and use air lightning legs to mess them up, i can bait with a standing hard punch and then punish with bk HP, she has a good overhead with df MK to go through their crouching block, air throws if they jump in like a fool, her combos feel like they buffer up more meaning they aren't a chore like her jump in HK, LHP, HSBK combo. I like it. A lot more than SFIV pr others thats for sure.

Attached: 874BF831-813B-494E-AE16-FEEB9FDC121F.jpg (750x727, 65K)

>long ass combos
Who said long? Oh right no, go focus on your fundamentals like ex headbutts to bypass all neutral.

>i feel like i have more clear options
Because you've played it longer. You've just pointed out she has a gameplan and some tools, like any game ever.

You have to think more in SFV, you can't just get the first hit and turn it into infinite oki, or triple safe shoryuken out of the corner, every decision matters and control of the neutral/spacing is more important than ever.
>SF4 has no arguments
Next you'll say thurd strike is the epitome of fighting games, fucking zoomers I swear.