Replaying MGSV:TPP and wanted to clear up some misconceptions and lies spread about the game...

replaying MGSV:TPP and wanted to clear up some misconceptions and lies spread about the game. this refers only to the main story missions and important side ops

>only revisit 1 or 2 locations, usually with a change of scenery or a bossfight/encounter
>tapes should be listened to as they are recovered, even the ones not marked important (I know this still isnt fully ideal, but the story fills out naturally this way)
>joke cassettes are actually kept to a minimum
>repeat missions are not required to beat the story or unlock any of the endings (important missions are marked yellow, repeat missions are simply marked blue like regular side ops)
>great variation in location and map layout exists, demanding different strategies (jungle requires more MGS3 type movement, desert requires long distance scouting, mansion requires MGS2 type infiltration, etc)
>utilizing combat deployment, challenge tasks (which are completed automatically as you progress) and achieving high ranks (A or S) on missions eliminates on the grind needed to develop items
>Important Side Ops should be treated as main missions or as secondary to main missions and completed as they come in
>return to motherbase frequently to unlock new cutscenes and content
there's a lot i'm not thinking of, but I hope this sheds some new insight on the game that I don't think I've seen people ever talk about. the game is definitely better on a second play-through.

Attached: 243FAD5D-0186-4561-AB15-9C863AE26B0E.jpg (810x1440, 242K)

also, general MGS thread
shameless bump

You can't self bump.

fooled you into doing it for me >:)

>single-player story driven games
Nothing more to be said until a remastered collection gets released.

It definitely is much better the second time.
I played it without markers, wallhacks, HUD and it's honestly one of the most immersive games I've played in my life.

how do you manage to not fuck up? I can't imagine my brainlet self pulling that off

why are MGS fans so brainwashed

it is not bad game at all. but it force you to make upgrades you realy don't want. it is good 30 hours game they stretch it to 100 hours will all motherboard bs. second problem is that game have no end. it should end with by killing skullface. instead it fade out to nowhere. last bullshit it forced non lethal run. but game is much more fun when you kill them all.

t. didn't play Peace Walker

literally pointing out objective truths about the game that people lie about

nope. i didn't like how that game looks so i didn't bother with it. i also didn't like MGS3. but MGSV is pretty good if you play without Quiet, D-Dog and silenced tranq sniper riffle.

Not to be too much of a faggot, but if you pay attention to cassettes the story isnt nearly as unfulfilling. Its the equivalent to skipping all of the codec in previous games.

>I didn’t like MGS3
Opinion discarded

Ste-stelanthroptopus?

who said i didn't listen them?

Fair, but I presume usually correctly that people who don't like the story of MGSV either didnt listen to them, or tried to listen to them all at once while sitting in the ACC

i know people love it but it was like fake jungle for me. game was great when you can inflitrate enemy camp. unlike MGS1 and 2, i didn't care about story and MC. i glad people like i just didn't enjoy MGS3- PeaceWalker and MGS4.

game should end with boss fight. fight with selanthroptopus was best bost fight in MGS games. too bad there wasn't any real boss fight except maybe Quiet.

Konami should release their MGSV editor as DLC or free DLC. Instead they killed resources on Survive. I don't hate MGSV at all. But it is great game with strange bs on top. best way to play it is subsistence style. Find weapon in mission. And don't bother with rating.

>Metal Gear REX
>Metal Gear RAY
>Metal Gear ROC

>MGSV is my first MGS
>its pretty good
>mfw

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x496, 43K)