Mouse thread

Looking to buy this mouse because it comes with replaceable switches, and include japanese omroms out of the box (tired of planned obsolescence. I want a mouse that will last).

Have they fixed the firmware issues they were apparently having, yet?

Attached: ROG-Gladius-II-Origin-3D-1-pcgh.jpg (582x546, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

history-computer.com/ModernComputer/Basis/trackball.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qay26oYEZBM
microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/Microsoft-Pro-IntelliMouse
ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=32&g=ftr
on-winning.com/cs-go-config-setup-settings-monitor-mice-sensitivity-pros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gpw a best
zowie fine too
razer a shit
mx518 angle snapping shit
no delay on new wireless
poorfags btfo

that is all, thanks for reading

>zowie fine too
The Zowie FK2 (yellow logo ver) is the mouse I'm trying to replace here. Seems Zowie has gone down the drain since being taken over..
>new finish is crap compared to the old one
>stuck on the imperfect 3310 sensors
>using shitty chink switches that die after a few years
>worst feeling mouse wheel ever made
If it wasn't for the fact that they don't require shitty crapware drivers I never would have gotten the FK2. I'll probably end up having to write my own for the gladius.

Buy a Logitech mouse. Don't buy mice from companies that aren't primarily mice makers.

Obselescence? Its mouse switches dude they don't really matter

G502

G Pro Wireless. Pricey but it's wireless with insane battery life and rechargeable. Best mouse I've ever had. Logitech is king right now.

Also,
>gpw
>wireless
Fuck that shit. I don't want to recharge it constantly. Is the cord non-shit so I can just leave it attached?

>Obselescence? Its mouse switches dude they don't really matter
The past 5 (6?) mice I've owned have all died due to the right mouse button switch failing (either double clicks, phantom clicks, or failing to stay depressed). Not sure what you mean by switches not mattering, they seem like the only failure mode for mice.

I can already tell you're from reddit.

yes join the republic my pawn

That's not obselescence, it's planned failute. The same thing has happened to me and you approaching the problem in a backwards way.

Do you have Best buy? Go buy Logitech mouse from best buy. Pay $5 for 2 year warranty. When switches break, replace. Repeat.

Don't buy an Acer mouse. You're looking at a retarded decision to fix a problem the wrong way. Logitech mice far exceed everyone else. G703 wireless is far and away the best mouse I've ever used.

dude the battery lasts 80 hours without the leds, and when the battery is low you just plug it in like a regular mouse
you can do that in less than 2 seconds clock in hand, and then the mouse is charged 3 hours later

what's the difference between GPW and G305?
they seem to use the same sensor and low latency wireless afaik

>Clock in hand

Important mouse choosing criteria

gpw lighter(?), slightly more responsive, lasts longer, better finish, interchangeable side buttons, different shape

>Do you have Best buy? Go buy Logitech mouse from best buy. Pay $5 for 2 year warranty. When switches break, replace. Repeat.
It's an interesting approach. However, I live in Germany. I don't know any vendors that will allow me to "refresh" the warranty. All the sources I can find just say 2 years warranty, and after that you're fucked.

Can you be more specific? Is any of that information inaccurate / misleading / propaganda? Google picks up a lot of reddit posts when trying to search for this shit, so I've been using those as my primary sources in trying to figure out what mice exist that aren't massive piles of shit.

I mean if you're in an intense mat h of a game, you'd ideally like it to be as fast as possible, I don't wanna open my mouse, change the batteries and clo

BB exists there in the major cities, but no clue if theyd offer the same purchasable warranty. Note that you aren't refreshing the warranty you're just purchasing a new one after using the last one.

Mouse switches are designed to fail in 1-2 years for sure right now, it's infuriating.

Apparently the G305 is just a wireless version of the G102?
G102 is known for switch failures.

I guess it's down to taste, but to me that doesn't seem like much of an improvement for over triple the price.

haven't seen switch failures for the G305 mention in any reviews

>Note that you aren't refreshing the warranty you're just purchasing a new one after using the last one.
So what happens if the last one expires before the mouse fails?

>Mouse switches are designed to fail in 1-2 years for sure right now, it's infuriating.
This is exactly why I was looking at the gladius. Since it's designed to let you easily replace the switches (don't even need a soldering iron, they designed a toolless socket for it), I figured I'd just get a supply of replacement switches off the usual scumbags and replace them whenever they fail.

Then again, the slimy gits probably figured out another component that they can make easily fail.

Then you spent $5 well and luckily your mouse didn't fail.

Honestly....last time I got close to two years I packaged up my mouse and brought it to the store. They don't test them here. I just said it didn't work anymore. Your experience may vary

I don't even gaymen anymore, should I get this mouse?

Attached: logitech_910005131_mx_master_2s_wireless_1357317.jpg (2500x2500, 304K)

Bad idea? Anyone owned a G600?

Attached: g600.jpg (1800x1010, 202K)

>Then you spent $5 well and luckily your mouse didn't fail.
I think I'm misunderstanding something. Wouldn't you get fucked the moment it fails afterwards? I don't think I've ever had a mouse fail within 2 years, usually it's like 3 years or so. You need the warranty to last *until* it fails, not just until 2 years. The whole concept of a timed warranty is the reason why these devices are carefully tuned to fail at specific points in time.

What's the difference between the GPW and the "Logitech Pro", apart from the latter being wired? It seems the shell is slightly different?

>What's the difference between the GPW and the "Logitech Pro", apart from the latter being wired? It seems the shell is slightly different?
Not just slightly, it seems. The shell looks way different. The Logitech Pro also seems like it has shitty LEDs everywhere.

>Lots of people talking about double click issues with the GPW
>Internals seem difficult to access, at least one teardown advises not opening up this mouse unless you have experience opening up logitech mice
Remind me again why I should buy a GPW

>gpw lighter
actually the G305 is lighter
>slightly more responsive
it's the same, they both use the 'hero sensor' and they both use 'lightspeed wireless' @ 1ms latency

nigga take interest in fucking sensor,not some stupid bullshit

I am actually using an fk2 right now that I bought back in 2015 and I have never wanted or even thought about replacing it. It works amazingly and doesn't look like some Frakensteins monster of buttons held together by spit and glue like most other mice.

if you're "getting fucked" by 2 years of security i don't know what to tell you. change your perspective. here's mine: mice now last 2 years.

I feel like I'm talking against a wall. I don't want a mouse that will last 2 years, I want a mouse that will last 10 years. A shitty 2 year warranty will not save that. By the way, I don't have to pay anything for warranty in Germany. How come best buy charges you $5?

Until the switches fail on you.

>actually the g305 is lighter
g305 is 99gs
gpro is 77 without bottom plate
You should probably do research before spouting your headcanon as fact.

Anything can fail, that doesn't mean that the mouse isn't great and hasn't performed well.

ebay a g500 or g500s
haven't read much about the release of the new mx518 so can't speak on it

>99gs
it's 90g out the box with the included battery, but this weight can be lowered with use of a lithium battery and removing the cover plate

>I would rather have a subpar mouse that will maybe last longer than a better mouse that will maybe last shorter

Can you explain what you mean by "subpar"? This whole thread is me asking for concrete issues with the Gladius. So far, the only difference I've seen is the weight (110g vs 80g), which is a big deal but not insurmountable. Is there anything else, or has corporate marketing infected Yea Forums's drone brains so much that you're literally incapable of considering a product not made by Logitech? (Who, by the way, I think makes pretty shit products overall)

>maybe
If you can replace the switches wouldn't it last basically forever? That's the only moving part that can really fail. Plus, the fact that they come stock with japanese omron switches (rather than the shitty chinese plastic garbage) means they probably won't even fail to begin with.

Just buy literally any mouse, a pack of 4 Japanese Omrons for $5 off Amazon, and replace them yourself

>mx518 angle snapping shit
Not anymore faggit

but can it be lowered to below 77?

The GPW's innards seem somewhat hostile towards DIY switch replacements, and I don't like that you basically have to remove the rubber feet to open them up. But I'll consider it.

It's not quick to take GPW apart but you can do it. G305 is a lot easier.
You have to remove the feet on almost all mice to open them up, and the material is not rubber, it's PTFE/teflon. You should replace the stock feet with hyperglides or tiger gaming feet in all cases anyway.

Scroll wheel are prone to failure. My 2 most recent mice had the wheel encoder and switch fail before the L/R switch.
Also shit omrons do exist. Those are rated very low.

is the g502 the best mouse still?
i bought one when it first came out and my feetpad are peeling off of the mouse

thinking about buying another unless there is a better recommend.

I'm not sure, it can certainly get lower than 80g but I am uncertain on what the lowest possible weight is, since it largely depends on what battery you use. You may be able to get it significantly lower by using a AAA battery instead, with AA adapter

>. Plus, the fact that they come stock with japanese omron switches (rather than the shitty chinese plastic garbage) means they probably won't even fail to begin with.

HHHHHHHHHHHahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaha.

Mouse switches are designed to fail in

>shit omrons do exist
No shit, there are like 10-20 different omron switches, made in different countries by different factories according to different designs.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. What I mean by "japanese omrom" is specifically the D2F-01F microswitch. Whereas most gaming mice use the dogshit D2FC-F-7N. These higher end ones seem to be using the D2FC-F-K instead, claimed to be rated at "50 million" clicks. (Given that chinese manufacturers are universally lying scum, that probably means "5 million")

>Mouse switches are designed to fail in

>Mouse switches are designed to fail in

I don't want to pay the $130 for a gpro wireless but my wireless 305 is starting to fail ggbhfhfjfjrkrm

Attached: 1544977918113.png (960x696, 669K)

I have rival 600 and i love it
No homo

Attached: r600-weight-3mbps-poster.jpg__1920x700_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.jpg (865x982, 41K)

Just get a new one from logitech, is really that easy.

looks gay

Loved it, even if it was just for a third mouse click. You get used to the other buttons especially if you've used a Naga, but it didn't last very long so I likely won't buy another

but then you have a crappy asus mouse instead of a best in class logitech mouse

i dont know why getting people to buy logitech mice is the hardest uphill battle in history...theyre literally the only company that produces the bulk they do of mice so no other company can offer the same quality for price

you're forgetting to even mention their customer service, if something breaks they'll just send you new mouse free of charge

No they won't. They require proof, receipts, etc, I have been through this recently. I gave up trying to get a replacement even because they made it such a hassle with wanting me to send in the old mouse.

I have no had this problem

>implying is really that hard to Photoshop whatever shit they ask

t.brainlet.

warranty doesn't work outside of the country you bought your product in, even though they also sell in the other country, why is that

photoshop sending your old mouse to them?

common sense? laws and everything else are different

logitech have a really long history of putting out overpriced janky bullshit, it's only super recently that their products are actually worth the money
about the only good thing you could say about them before really recently is at least they're not razer

>it's only super recently that their products are actually worth the money
lol?

>my wireless 305 is starting to fail ggbhfhfjfjrkrm
what do you mean? how does wireless fail?

Anyone getting the new Logitech MX518? I had the old one and loved it.

monkey unga bunga at video game

probably, replaced my old g400 with a g203 which is way too small for me, I'd love to go back

multiple switches are giving out and I'm getting weird phantom activation of m4 when I click lmb sometimes

I use it an average of 8h a day but it's still barely been a year this is the fastest I've had a mouse give out

If you bought any of their mice before the G-Pro release you're a retarded shill.

lmao

the goat

Attached: g9x.jpg (194x259, 9K)

Yup, G403 pisses me off with the hump

>logitech have a really long history of putting out overpriced janky bullshit, it's only super recently that their products are actually worth the money

well, no, completely wrong on all counts actually...they have made the best mice since their inception in the 90s. i would know since i've been using them

if you have 25+ years of gaming with mice experience feel free to drop it though because in my 25+ years logitech is the clear winner of mouse manufacturers by such a large margin it is as if the other ones don't even exist

MX518 was my favourite.

Attached: 1168265662603.jpg (600x600, 39K)

does it even fucking matter?

send it back

>Abyssus 2014 button snapped in half
>G5 right switch double clicks and the cable snapped
What’s a good replacement mouse for either of these with a palm grip, I like something larger and a bit tall so something that finds a good middle ground.

There's a new one coming with updated hardware. 100 grams

I'm not saying they have to, law allows them not to
I'm saying they should respect it , there's ZERO reason not to outside of it's against their immediate interest

Logitech has always been the worst option and virtually all flagship releases they've had have had major issues, if you had actually been using them for 25 years you'd know this though.

You should have gone the typical poseur route and claimed you were using an IME until 2013, it would have been more believable.

>there's ZERO reason not to outside of it's against their immediate interest

because you have knowledge of every step and all the work that would be required for everyone along the way. fuck off. I hate people who can't envision processes and think they're smarter because they think in simple terms

oh shit that's nice. i was pretty sad when it got discontinued and the prices shot up to like $200. Second time that happened with a mouse i really liked cause it was a pain relearning the weight and feel of a new mouse.

Attached: 1164485306885.jpg (693x900, 167K)

My GPW had doubleclicking and they sent me a new one, and let me keep the old one. So I can just replace the switch in the old one and now I have two GPWs. Neat.

It's 59.99 USD I believe. It's on preorder rn

Never buy razor, don't fall for the meme
every razor mouse I had has gone broken after 2 years
Buy a logitech

my mx518 still working after 9+ years

Attached: 1550510036430.png (1440x1080, 2.56M)

nice reading comprehension

run along now, not bothering with you.

What's crappy about it?

Are you sure you aren't paid by Logitech for making these statements? So far I've seen nothing conclusive except brand religion faggotry.

mx518 seems way too wide to aim properly with it

Techpowerup doesn't mention switch failure, but they do mention its only rated for 10 million clicks when a lot of other mice are rated for 50 million.

Someone who thinks accel and smoothing are acceptable definitely doesn't concern themselves with very much, so I can understand why you say that.

All other Logitech products seem to be dogshit, even the popular ones (I remember everybody raving about the MX518 only to find out that it was angle snapping laser shit with negative acceleration up the ass).

You're the one that needs to explain to me why this one is apparently the exception.

user i used to play with the best players of Quake 1, literally the best players, and we all used ball mice.

It is only you kids who have focused on shit like snapping and smoothing and etc...Somehow we were always able to do just fine with no matter what we had and play at the highest levels

by comparison I doubt you have ever played at a high level of an FPS..

I've got the g903, best mouse I've ever owned

despite the fact that those sensor issues didn't matter at your skill level, you realize they have been resolved for like 10 years now? rofl...why are you arguing about something that you are completely clueless about. oh yeah, i'm on Yea Forums , the most useless place to discuss anything in the world, purely because of know it all little stupid faggots like you

>delta sensor in new mice is inarguably the best sensor of all mice
>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES FROM 2003 WITH "NEGATIVE ACCELERATION" BACK WHEN I WAS 11 YEARS OLD

Rapha and Cooller, today the #1 and #2 quake players (and have virtually always held that title for over a decade) both use G Pro Wireless, not a trackball.

I'm not aware of any professional player in any video game that uses a trackball. You chose a dumb hill to die on.

Attached: CSGO mice.jpg (945x4094, 303K)

>Logitech this
>Logitech that
>Buy Logitech, Logitech a best
>[zero actual arguments given]
How many paid shills are in Yea Forums these days, seriously?

At this rate I'll trust the corporate marketing more than the word of Yea Forums. Their lies are at least somewhat based on (rigged) measurements.

I will buy three if they're as good as the original models.

Attached: good old.jpg (785x637, 120K)

yes

>skill level
I'm not interested in manbaby esports competition.s I just want a mouse that will last forever. The Logitech seems like it will die within 2 years based on the reports I'm reading here.

no its the G Pro Wireless now

>didn't read
>completely missed the point of what he did read

I could give you a mouse with every problem in the world wrong with the sensor, form snapping to acceleration to etc, and if you were told it was a perfect sensor you would load up a game and believe it was a perfect sensor

you never had the skill level for it to matter to you. that's the point.

the Logitech M BJ-69 is one of the greatest mice ever put together, i miss that sturdy little fucker

Well, Logitech is indeed the best.
They have the best sensor.
They have the best switches.
They have fantastic mice for big and medium hands (g403, GPW) and small hands (g305).
Their wireless technology is unique among wireless radios for having lower input delay than most wired mice.

The only reason I can see to not use Logitech is if somehow none of their shapes work for your hand.

Attached: razer on suicide watch megacut.jpg (3202x1664, 1.47M)

>new one doesn't have pitted meteor finish

LAME

I feel oddly compelled to buy one nonetheless.

So you agree trackballs are almost preferable to old logishit then, thanks. Stuff your posturing, I'm almost definitely older than you and I have at least the same amount of time on a shit trackball as you. The difference is that I'm not a retarded shill and can recognize that a trackball mouse was $5 and logitech mice were a huge premium despite being garbage, intentionally buying bad shit and defending it makes you a shill.

Now to a certain extent some people didn't know any better because the internet was way different and it was harder to dissemninate info and test things accurately, so everyone thinking logitech was good because it was big was forgiveable, but if you aren't revising your opinions even if you were in the dark back then you're just a retarded shill now, identical to the retards who pop into this thread to try to brag that they're still using an mx518.

>you never had the skill level for it to matter to you.
What is this projection? I am better than you at video games.

You absolutely can tell the difference between a trackball and a modern gaming mouse. Are you retarded?

Attached: ScreenShot_17-06-22_21-05-32-000.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

Use a touchpad, they're very unlikely to fail

b-but shills

it simply isn't possible that the company who dominates the landscape of a product, selling probably 50% of the volume, is better than all the other companies who fight over scraps with inferior engineering and production budgets and fewer industry relationships!

>German
>Not buying Logitech
It's literally the most bought brand there. Are you a slav/sandnigger?

Mine is 87g using a AAA battery

>trackball
>trackball

you kids DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A BALL MOUSE IS ROFL

and you think youre goign to fucking have an argument with me...its not happening...move on. i don't come here to talk to teens whatsoever

They also have the lowest weight wireless mice by far.

GPW is 77g by default and can be modded to 60g without drilling holes. G305 is 90g by default and simply using an AAA lithium + tinfoil spacer + removing the battery cover makes it 74g.

Attached: 60g.jpg (720x960, 66K)

Yep, m65 from 2015 has a failing mmb
Mx518 was the best mouse I had so going for the 518 legendary when they're available in UK

It was probably a good idea for you to resign from that argument. It wasn't going to get any better for you.

When will logitech make a super-lightweight mouse with Finalmouse style honeycomb shell? I'd like to see a wireless mouse with that kind of design. Logitech could pull it off way better.

>needing software for a fucking mouse
>having side buttons that are far too easy to accidentally press unless you have tiny baby hands
>paying anything more than about $20 for any mouse because they're all going to break in a year or less regardless of "quality"
>thinking any mouse is going to increase your gaming ability because it's somehow more "sensitive" and not realizing it really isn't and that's just a fucking marketing gimmick to sell overpriced shit to idiots
Fucking hell.

>They have the best sensors
So how is the HERO better than the 3360 (or the 3389) and will it matter, as you say, at my "skill level"?
>They have the best switches
Both mice use the D2FC-F-K switches out of the box, so this is blatantly wrong.
>They have fantastic mice for big and medium hands (g403, GPW) and small hands (g305).
The shell on both seem pretty comparable.
>Their wireless technology is unique among wireless radios for having lower input delay than most wired mice.
Can you back this claim up at all? With actual measurements, not "ooga booga logitech marketing wank says so"?

>The only reason I can see to not use Logitech is if somehow none of their shapes work for your hand.
Or, as I've been pointing out this entire thread, I want easily serviceable parts inside. The GPW seems hostile to user serviceability.

Thanks for outing yourself as like 25 at the most kid. Mice with the balls on top weren't called trackballs until way after laser mice were already cheap and standard. The ball inside the bottom of the mouse is literally called a trackball, and it always had been. You would only know this if you were actually old enough to have used one though.

>They also have the lowest weight wireless mice by far.

I don't see how this matters to anyone...mice that weigh too little are a problem

no it's the opposite?? are you dumb?? weight can only interfere with flicks, you can get used to any weight but lower weight always = less effort

>touchpad
You mean a graphics tablet? That's actually an interesting idea, I've never really considered it but I know many people use graphics tablets just fine.

That said, I'm looking for a regular mouse for now. I'll have to find somebody with a graphics tablet and borrow it out for a while before deciding to switch to one. Still, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to contemplate it.

>>thinking any mouse is going to increase your gaming ability because it's somehow more "sensitive" and not realizing it really isn't and that's just a fucking marketing gimmick to sell overpriced shit to idiots

this is incorrect, but i maintain as i've said multiple times in the thread, that i could give some garbage fucked up mouse to 99% of these kids and tell them it was perfect and they'd go on Yea Forums and say it was perfect.

Yea Forums obsessed over zowie because of their "perfect sensor" when zowies had fucking click latency, an issue only ever found in zowie mice in the fuckin ghistory of mice

Not the user you've replied to but I want weight.

>So how is the HERO better than the 3360

- Works on a wider variety of surfaces. Try using a 3360 on an Artisan Raiden (widely considered the fastest cloth mouse pad, yet with a troublesome dense weave pattern that causes issues in inferior sensors). HERO handles all surfaces flawlessly.

- Significantly better high speed performance (rated at 450 ips vs 3360's 300 ips)

>Both mice use the D2FC-F-K

They use the 50M omrons. This is the best switch on the market right now. It has 50M in the name because it's rated at fifty million actuations, while past switches all max out at 10M.

>Can you back this claim up at all? With actual measurements, not "ooga booga logitech marketing wank says so"?

Yes, here is measured delay of the g305 lightspeed.

Attached: g305 input delay.jpg (471x566, 184K)

>Mice with the balls on top weren't called trackballs until way after laser mice were already cheap and standard.

it feels like you're trying to play this weird meta game where you fudge things you think i won't know because you're fudging that you're over 25, when in reality i'm 36 and you're like 14.

trackballs were always called trackballs and the mouse ball was never called a trackball.

you literally did not know that ball mice existed. you thought mice were always optical.

what kind of retards called the mouse ball trackball?

>It has 50M in the name because it's rated at fifty million actuations

yet 99% of them will fail in >3 years like every single other switch

switches are engineered to fail at a preset time interval, don't fall for this garbage marketing.

You're simply unable to get used to the lower weight. Between a tool that weighs you down and one that feels like an extension of your arm, you want the latter. I was just like you before I got used to lighter mice.

Heavy mice are not a substitute for good friction control. You should be touching the mousepad with your grip to decide exactly how much friction you want.

Considering either the Razer Basilisk or the Zowie EC2A because I’m an indecisive cunt. What would be better for playing Quake Live and CS:GO?

>It's literally the most bought brand there.
And? Popularity means jackshit. If anything, it's the other way around. The more popular something is, the more you can bet your money on it being a pile of rancid radioactive monkey feces.

>yet 99% of them will fail in >3 years like every single other switch

They have been out for a year and there are literally no fatigue failures so far, so you're writing fiction. Sorry.

It is also trivial to replace mouse switches. If you're too retarded to solder, you don't even have to solder. You just open the switch up and replace the spring.

this is true, I've had various issues with every logitech mouse I've had, including the current g703 scrollwheel
fuck me even if the hardware was working, the software was shit
setpoint was insufferable garbage

G305 uses D2FC-F-7N rated at 10 million actuations.

I loved the 2014 razor naga for mmos. It's a shame they discontinued it in favor of the new shitty models.

>The more popular something is, the more you can bet your money on it being a pile of rancid radioactive monkey feces.

i remember being 13 and thinking i was smarter than the whole world combined

this is your personal preference, there is not an objective best. I heavily, strongly suspect that your arms are little puny things compared to mine and probably his.

>this is your personal preference, there is not an objective best.
No, lightweight mice are objectively better. Every single pro uses a mouse under 90g. None use your g502 brick.
You are delusional.

>including the current g703 scrollwheel

there was a firmware update for this, was not physical issue

Right back at you, retard. The trackball was invented and called that WAY before the PC mouse of the 90's. The roller wheel design where the ball movement pushes X/Y scrollers to track movement was based on the original trackball. "Trackball mice" were only popular far after laser mice were standard.

history-computer.com/ModernComputer/Basis/trackball.html

>- Works on a wider variety of surfaces. Try using a 3360 on an Artisan Raiden (widely considered the fastest cloth mouse pad, yet with a troublesome dense weave pattern that causes issues in inferior sensors). HERO handles all surfaces flawlessly.
I've been using a 3310 on my mousepad (QcK Heavy) without any issues. I assume the 3360 will also work. So point taken, but irrelevant.
>Significantly better high speed performance (rated at 450 ips vs 3360's 300 ips)
Both of those seem higher than you'd ever be able to realistically move. At this point it just seems like a numbers war, like the "MORE DPI NOW" bullshit when I will be setting it to 800 dpi anyway.
>They use the 50M omrons. This is the best switch on the market right now. It has 50M in the name because it's rated at fifty million actuations, while past switches all max out at 10M.
If you had actually spent 5 seconds researching this, you would realize that "50M omrons" is their marketing term for the D2FC-F-K.
>Yes, here is measured delay of the g305 lightspeed.
Thanks, charts like these are ACTUALLY useful.

Hey there, Finalmouse and Razer marketing victims.
Enjoy your brick-heavy mice, last-gen sensors, bargain bin Huanos and Chinese quality control!

youtube.com/watch?v=qay26oYEZBM

Attached: tracking performance comparison.jpg (1600x2500, 943K)

>for a year
>a year
Call me back when it has a 95% survival rate after 5 years.

>trackballs existed and were called trackballs
yes that is correct i didn't say anything to the contrary

ps the fact that you think all optical mice are "laser" shows that you are completely clueless and not part of this conversation. Stop googling since you've made that mistake several times now and have shown that you clearly weren't around for following the development of mice, since optical mice existed for over a decade before laser mice. Let me repeat it to you:

You'd believe any mouse was perfect that I gave to you and told you it was perfect, if you couldn't look it up. You cannot tell the difference manually and you have never had the skill for your mouse to really matter in games. Sorry kid.

>mouse has screw holes covered by mouse feet
Why do manufacturers do this bullshit?

Why do you care?

It's probably so they can void your warranty if you tinker.

Anyway, mouse feet are cheap, and you should buy hyperglides or tiger gaming feet even from the first day you own a mouse, because they are so much better.

If you use a heatgun or hair dryer you can remove mouse feet without issue.
Sometimes if it came off in a bad way you have to clean it with alcohol and re-apply some adhesive but this is no issue.

It worked for about a month for me and returned
last firmware update was a year ago

Yes, you have to use AAA lithium and take the back cover off. This reduces the weight to 74g.

The MX518 the best mouse I've ever owned. I now own 2, one for desktop, one for laptop bad, and If either one dies I will replace with the same. I will never use another mouse.

Real talk, does some ELITE GAMUR mouse really make some huge difference in competitive games? I did upgrade to a mechanical keyboard just because my old keyboard was breaking down but I've never considered anything above my standard logitech mouse

This post says more about you than it does about the mouse.

Trackball mice were vigorously in use before optical mice became the gold standard, just stop larping

The only thing that makes a "huge" difference is 144hz/240hz monitor.
As for mice, yeah, there's a reason CSGO pros aren't using $5 Dell mice.

There you go doing it again. I know what I said. Trackballs were not popular until well after cheap laser mice were standard, which is why you're so obviously a child looking these things up. Only someone incredibly young would make such a basic timing mistake because there's no way to cross-reference it, you had to actually have lived it. If "optical" wasn't in the WMO name you'd have no idea they ever existed. Stop posturing.

Damn. Mice fail so much these days, it's insane. Old mice never fucking failed

Mechanical keyboard makes no difference. Mouse will make a small difference, but most of THAT difference is finding the mouse that's the right size/shape for you

Yeah that I really like that mouse.

>Logitech mouse starts doubleclicking
>Have to open it and fix the switches
>Cant do it without ruining the mousefeet in the process

>Trackballs were not popular until well after cheap laser mice were standard

what the fuck dude, lol...think whatever you want it's just laughable at this point

it makes it seem like your life is some kind of cruel mockery of a normal persons, when you are sitting there assuming a false persona, and i actually lived through all this

you actually don't even know the difference between an optical and laser mouse -_-

>>Cant do it without ruining the mousefeet in the process
But you literally can.
See I take off my hyperglides to tinker in my mouse all the time. All you need is a hair dryer, some isopropyl alcohol and some good 3M adhesive.

>30% use hyperx cloud ii

are people not aware this headset has shit audio quality and an even worse microphone?

>i remember being 13 and thinking i was smarter than the whole world combined
Intelligence has nothing to do with it. The fact that you think this means you're probably still 13. It's just that the popular product is whatever's good enough to meet the needs of people who don't particularly care. The bar will always be set low by the masses, because the majority of people don't have a raging autism boner for mouse sensors or plastic types or whatever. They will not care about these minutia as long as "it works". Look at amazon reviews for an example of what the typical buyer cares about.

The masses are always very distinct from the people actually invested into a topic, with both the technical experience to understand the domain and/or the awareness required to pick up on flaws that others wouldn't even get bothered by. It's like this in pretty much every domain.

To use your logic, the best monitors in production are all shitty 7-bit TN sRGB panels. After all, that's the most popular type of display to own, right? Meanwhile, to use an example, I'm sitting here typing this post on a calibrated 10-bit DCI-P3 IPS reference panel, and I still have about 5 issues with it. Why? Because due to my professional work, I'm very invested in both color accuracy and related visual artifacts like stutter, temporal blurring, etc. I pick up on issues that others won't even notice. Hence why the popular choice does *not* satisfy me, because I have a higher bar.

It's the same for mice as it is for displays and literally anything else you can buy...

I have the OG wired gpro, does the new model have any meaningful improvements over it? why the fuck is it double the price, that can't all be because it's wireless

The headsets are bullshit, they just use whatever the sponsor wants.
In reality they have high quality in-ear earphones below the headset.

Attached: headphones.png (802x484, 735K)

>Damn. Mice fail so much these days, it's insane. Old mice never fucking failed
I also have no idea how to reinstall the firmware update, it won't proceed because it's already up to date
Old mice had no advanced technology in them, no wonder they worked

it's sponsored, they don't get to choose their equipment

didn't read, and the

>I have the OG wired gpro, does the new model have any meaningful improvements over it?

Unless you use the Artisan Raiden, no.
The PMW3366 doesn't work well on the Raiden, but the HERO does.
HERO also has a negligible increase in high speed performance.
That's about all.

>they don't get to choose their equipment
Mice are exempt from sponsorship deals. Pros can elect to use sponsored mice if they want, but they are never forced by contract, because mice are a very important aspect of pro play - using a mouse you are unfamiliar with will fuck you.

the switches are exactly the same man

people obsess over these omron switches and shit...internally they are exactly the same thing as the 90s switches which never, ever, ever failed

its a market segment of people arguing over how to best be had with each other, which is hilarious

my advice given earlier in the thread was the most important post in the thread..

if you live in a country with best buy purchase $5 warranties on your mice and swap them 2 years in...all mice are designed to fail now. all. the end.

>Damn. Mice fail so much these days, it's insane. Old mice never fucking failed
Nope, they failed just as often. The IntelliMouse in particular was awfully prone to failure, for example. (Unless you meant even earlier than that?)

Considering that you've already said you think there's zero difference between a trackball and current laser mice, you've already said you don't know the difference between an optical and a laser mouse.

I use a 99cent chinese mousepad, do you think I'm done for as a pro gamer?

tl;dr it's not about being smarter than the rest of the world, it's about being more interested in something most don't particularly care about

new divina series has 3360 sensor, you can remove the gloss to make it matte, too. problem is it's just ec and s series. they havent said if fk1/2 and za are getting the divina update.

i already moved on bro just save your energy

you're so interested that you've managed to use mangled circular logic to convince yourself that logitech mice must be bad because they dominate sales

this is textbook teenage "i'm smarter than everyone else"

you want a good example? When I was your age I thought pink floyd must be bad because everyone listened to them. Normies don't have any discretion, right? They just listen to whatever (exactly what you are saying)

then you made the logical fallacy of comparing a brand (logitech) to a type (TN monitor) which shows you aren't actually that smart :\

Well, I'm sure it's very small and the friction is probably not great.
QCK+ XL is $15 so there's no excuse to have a shitty mousepad IMO.

The only conceivable answer for your incessant retardation must be that you're from somewhere where trackball mice were not in use in public facilities like schools and libraries for whatever reason
You're the one that purported trackballs =/= ball mice because of your lack of reading comprehension? How dense are you really

>retarded LARPer claims quake pros use ball mice
>they all use current gen logitech

lol

Please man, I'm really 36, I really was there for all this. You don't have to argue with kids on my behalf. Just move on when people say stupid, asinine shit on this board.

G Pro Wireless.

There's a pretty big difference between music and a consumerist technology product. The two aren't remotely comparable. I don't even know why you're bringing it up as an example, except of course to project your own teenage insecurities on some straw man you've propped up.

I've had a G303 for years and I've been forced to fix the switches every now and then due to them doubleclicking. Sensor is amazing though. Should I switch to a G305?

>There's a pretty big difference between music and a consumerist technology produc

There isn't any difference at all between the thinking required to incorrectly evaluate things in vastly different domains the same way, based on a misplaced sense of self-importance and an unearned sense of "greater understanding than the masses"

>then you made the logical fallacy of comparing a brand (logitech) to a type (TN monitor) which shows you aren't actually that smart :\
Good point. Making statements based on the brand is orders of magnitude more retarded than making statements based on type, since the latter at least have _some_ justification.

In either case, "everybody uses X therefore it must be the best" is just so blatantly wrong in general and I'm sure we can all agree on this, and move on past the blatant brand favoritism to discuss ACTUAL technolog-- oh wait, I'm on Yea Forums, not /g/

g305 is virtually the same except slightly different shape, lighter, wireless, better sensor, slightly better input delay.

I've had a Zowie for like a little over 2 years and the paint's already starting to wear off this shit where the thumb buttons are. Also the cable is really flimsy and I have to claw grip because it's tiny.

Will it start double clicking after a month like my G303?

hahahha, as if /g/ is some fucking bastion of great discussion....stomping ground of fucking autistic faggot retards who spend their tugboats buying 7 different 300 dollar mechanical keyboards which they then put in a fucking glass display case

>In either case, "everybody uses X therefore it must be the best" is just so blatantly wrong in general

In the human race, considering all possible cases, do you think it is blatantly wrong in general? Because I would suggest that it's the best known tool in close to 100% of cases

"So blatantly wrong in general"..so you are telling me that everyone shovels with shovels because they are wrong and don't do their research. :)

Have fun with that. You aren't smart enough to try to tackle these arguments with others

Dunno? Virtually no one has that problem.

Have a G303 but my cats bite the braided wire and now it double clicks like a mother fucker. Any recommendations for good mice? It doesn't have to be exclusively for gaming.

>an unearned sense of "greater understanding than the masses"
user, I'm not sure if you're aware just how little the average person gives a fuck about something like mouse brands. If you're this out of tune with society, you need to spend less time on Yea Forums and more time socializing with people in real life. Most people don't even use mice anymore, and the ones that do either just buy whatever OEM shit is listed at the top on amazon and has a color they like; or they buy based on brand recognition (which is why the most popular product is most likely the one that puts the most money into marketing).

On this particular topic, one can safely say they have a greater understanding than the "masses" after half an hour of research.

>user, I'm not sure if you're aware just how little the average person gives a fuck about something like mouse brands

I'm not sure you're aware of the notion that the cream does in fact rise to the top

to people like you products exist in a vacuum where the fucking quality of the product has no bearing on its success...its just so tiresome to experience these forcibly teenage viewpoints

everyone in this thread said get logitech but we're all brainwashed too, not like people here vidya for a hundred or two hours a month and carefully research their products.

just fuck off

>braided cable
>6 additional buttons that are all easy to reach
>all buttons programmable
>scripts stored in onboard memory
>5 modes with different script sets, poll rates and resolutions
>served me well for 5 years straight, and continues to serve
all that for 25$

Attached: A4Tech XL-755bk.png (480x261, 90K)

that gif where that kid makes a face at the computer monitor and then gives a thumbs up to the camera

>making fun of mechanical keyboard owners
>in a thread asking for non-shit mouse advice
Fucking hell, you realize I'm literally looking for the mouse equivalent of a mechanical keyboard, right?

I'm unironically typing this on a custom made split ergonomic keyboard that has switches that will outlive 5 of your shitty gaming mice, high durability PBT caps, open source firmware and is designed to be fully user serviceable with all parts easily sourced and replaced. It cost me $300, but it was worth every dollar based solely on the fact that it's both exactly what I want and will probably stick with me until I stop using keyboards.

Keyboards are a perfect example of a domain which we have perfectly figured out, thanks to the autistic efforts of the minority banding together and convincing at least _some_ manufacturers that making good products is a viable business strategy. It's sad that mice haven't caught up.

>Fucking hell, you realize I'm literally looking for the mouse equivalent of a mechanical keyboard, right?

not comparable at all. I say this as someone typing and using mice for over thirty years.

Mechanical keyboards offer no benefit to >99% of users, there are some use cases where mech switches can give you an advantage, like playing scout in TF2

a good mouse will benefit anyone. Good mice click better, scroll better, move better, feel better, weigh better, sensor better, adjustment better, etc.

>to people like you products exist in a vacuum where the fucking quality of the product has no bearing on its success...its just so tiresome to experience these forcibly teenage viewpoints
This is sadly pretty close to reality. The most important factor determining success is marketing. Welcome to capitalism.

right, that's why chevy and ford failed

or could it be that consumers organically discovered that they could buy better products from smaller foreign brands, hmm

nah, it couldn't be that, consumers are stupid and even in armies of tens of millions their choices cannot be taken as anything indicative of quality

you teenage retards. grow up.

you could try replacing the cable or just get a fk1/2

>Mechanical keyboards offer no benefit to >99% of users
You mean apart from longevity, comfort and ergonomics? As in half the shit you listed for mice?

>its a mouse discussion
>the plebs of v that play single player games all day or are MG in CSGO voice their opinions as facts
if you own a wireless mouse ure a pleb, simple as

Attached: file.png (540x310, 75K)

longevity is not a benefit as it comes in relation to price. you're paying over 10 times more than my k120, yes it should last or it's garbage

comfort and ergonomics aren't big concerns, $10 keyboards can be comfortable and ergonomic. Mice move around and have vastly different problem areas. $10 mice don't move well or have bad buttons, etc...I probably type faster than you on this logitech k120.

>Car analogies
I am not a car enthusiast, therefore I cannot make ore verify any statements concerning the quality of cars. Can you use examples from digital technology?

You must be at least pro level to have your shit opinion on modern wireless mice taken seriously. If they don't notice a difference, you don't.

>I probably type faster than you on this logitech k120
While this is a completely pointless comparison, I would like to take you up on it. For reference, I was typing at around 130 wpm before switching to mechanical keyboards. Since then, I went from ~150 wpm (black switches) to 160-170 wpm (blue switches).

Not that it matters at all, since I type significantly slower when typing anything actually meaningful (especially programming)

Attached: 165wpm.png (295x392, 4K)

point is being lost, we are talking about video games in this conversation

yes MKB have bneefits for typists, not what is being discussed, we are talking about for games where for >99% they will be indistinguishable while changing mouse will lead to bigger improvements.

>I probably type faster than you on this logitech k120
>point is being lost, we are talking about video games in this conversation
Stay in context, broski

>We are talking about for games
You are. I don't really give a shit about gaming. I'm just asking here since it felt like a good place to get opinions, and the result I'm hearing is that:

1) The mouse I want (still) does not exist
2) I should probably get a logitech and just solder in new switches every 2 years

Love seeing a faggot get called out

lol shush you type fucking 30wpm with your thumbs zoomies

the thread was talking about gaming, and you do not own the thread.

You are correct. Buy logitech. Congratulations, you have now arrived at the conclusion I gave you two hours ago before any arguing

rofl the butthurt in this post

I just need to say that this whole thing you're doing with comparing a few grams for mouse performance and spouting the precise nomenclature of specific tech components sounds precisely like car enthusiasts talking about cars.

I can say that the masses usually have decent taste in things. They're susceptible to fads but usually society has a normalizing impact on things. It goes in for the shit that works cheaply and well. Brands that don't do cheap and good tend to either be relegated to 'shit poor people' brands or 'super advanced hot sweet aftermarket shit for the enthusiast' brands, which either pray on people who can't afford it, or cater to an elite clientele and also take money from all the assholes who think they are also elite clientele and have expendable income.

Are you a pro gamer? Are you ever going to need to worry about the worries of a pro gamer? Then why worry about spending mad dosh on some shit that is unnecessary? I understand that you're a big nerd and you want to squeeze every pixel out of your graphics card and have all the dpi's, but you might as well paint your rig red and add some sick leds and a spoiler, the way you jerk off over this stuff.

>I am not a car enthusiast, therefore I cannot make ore verify any statements concerning the quality of cars.

You are quite plainly ignorant if you didn't know that some of the most important companies in America had failed and had to be bailed out by the government...This was pretty fucking huge news

Are "mmo mice" a meme or what? I kinda want to get one to bind commands for something complicated like Star Citizen, but no clue if the added stress to your thumb is worth the functionality.

Attached: MSERAZ1058__2.jpg (760x760, 93K)

I've had a Reddragon centrophorus mouse for a couple years. it works fine. paid like 10 bucks for it.

t.literalwho

microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/Microsoft-Pro-IntelliMouse

Are there any mice with fans in them? I hate it when my palm gets sweaty

I've got a dell bluetooth mouse that I stole from my school about 8 years ago. After this thread, I have a newfound respect for it.

Yes, but you are trying to convince me of the fact that Asian/European cars are technologically superior to American cars. I cannot accept this position without knowing anything about cars.

my opinion far outweighs yours

When the fuck does this thing release?

>but you are trying to convince me of the fact that Asian/European cars are technologically superior to American cars

No, I'm not user. You completely missed the point. Woosh.

ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=32&g=ftr

"Technologically superior" is literally what "better product" means, retard.

>G Pro Wireless
how is a wireless mouse ever better than a wired mouse?

I need a HUGE mouse.
Accurate, as I play FPSes.

My hand is NBA sized and I'm 6'5" for perspective. Last mouse I own was a Deathadder because it was fucking huge.

Anyone have any suggestions? This type of question hasn't been asked in this thread.

Attached: 1540874794795.jpg (500x655, 59K)

Get a RAT lmao

I had a deathadder and I'm 6'2"; felt good in the hand. Would like to hear people's suggestions.

No not at all but just nevermind you're an ignoramus who doesn't even pay attention to major news

Mechanically, a wireless mouse is always clearly superior to a wired mouse, since the cord provides physical resistance.

The only drawbacks of wireless mice are latency, weight and error rates. So if you can solve all three of these challenges simultaneously, there would be no reason to prefer a wired mouse.

In terms of weight and latency, the GPW has most wired mice demonstrably/measurably beat. In terms of error rates, I assume they wouldn't be used by pro gamers if they were a factor at all.

>Aesthetics matter more than functionality
Ah, found the apple user. Then again, Apple is probably the most popular brand where you live, so you're using it anyway since they clearly make the best phones.

t. jolla user

bumping the MMO mouse question. I'm genuinely curious how many buttons is enough buttons and configuration.

>MadCatz
cmon dude
Yeah not many tall people I guess here

PLS NOTICE ME SENPAIS =>

Attached: sad_dogo.jpg (526x701, 90K)

barely 5'11" and my current deathadder is too small, my hands are 7" from wrist to middle finger and 3.5" from side to side for perspective
thinking of getting the new mx518 because deathadder was not a reliable replacement for g400

>aesthetics and technological advancement are the only two qualities of a purchasable thing

you are SO YOUNG lol

on-winning.com/cs-go-config-setup-settings-monitor-mice-sensitivity-pros/

Oh right, you're probably a boomer that uses it as a social status symbol more than anything else. AKA the worst type of human shitstain

I have a g203 for about 3 years i think and its the best mouee i have ever used.
I also use custom mouse feet because im just used to them

RAZER or go home buddy

This but unironically. I'm a sucker for RGB lighting

lmao you pleb no mouse will fix your 0.5 kdr or hate towards RAZER peripherals.

ayy lmao

>Yeah not many tall people I guess here
Well that's a shame but it makes sense given the anime image board reputation.

I am better than you at video games. Do you want to 1v1 in a PC FPS of your choice? (Assuming I own it)

Guess Ill have to try /g/ since only one user gave me a rec