Why does the majority of Ace Combat fans dislike the best AC, while holding AC4 & 5 in high regards?

Why does the majority of Ace Combat fans dislike the best AC, while holding AC4 & 5 in high regards?
They play just like Tom Clancy's HAWX. AC3 om the other hand, had branching storylines, multiple narratives depending on which factions you sided with.
And unique to the series has always been their original planes. While the Strike Wyvern has become a bit of a staple of the series, it used to have many more.
Why does the fanbase have to encourage all the worst, most boring, most generic design in the Ace Combat games? If HAWX flopping was anything to go by, the lack of creative freedom is what is holding the series back.

By the way, AC7 was extremely mediocre. I'm struggling to place it above or below AC6.
Maybe the series could've been better off if it had stuck with the GiTS theme in AC3.

Attached: aaa.jpg (510x277, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mV4U1ZZgYXE
youtu.be/rT5PyTHPPZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most AC fans think the full version of AC3 was great, it's just the NA/EU version that was meh cause half the game was cut out.

Fuck off with your blatantly false instigating bullshit. You are not different, despite what you may think, and you are not special.

Shameless nonbump (thanks gookmoot) with original aircraft

Attached: suzo7bdibz921.jpg (2400x1617, 312K)

They neutered non Jap releases of AC3. I'd be excited to see them rerelease/remaster it with the cut portions included.

majority of AC fans dislike AC3...?
I've literally only even seen praise for it

Attached: example-8354.jpg (1024x1024, 60K)

I can't tell if this guy has brain problems or not.

Most people just hated the localized version of AC3 because it was literally butchered of all the shit he praised it for. Hell I'm pretty sure people are hyped because Kono and Project ACES are slowly working their way to the point where they could make an AC3 remake. AC7 was a solid setup for it.

Seeing this image makes me wish we had an AC Original Generation game featuring nothing but donut steel planes.

Well if you think this is instigating, then let me rephrase my OP to a constructive question:
How would you change Ace Combat to improve gameplay?
- I would like if guns were more effective, by using larger amounts of ammo. The total capacity should be reduced as well.
When my Vulcan saws through an enemy plane with a stream of lead, I want to see it cut in half. Having to put multiple good bursts into enemies before they pop like zits on Ace difficulty feels silly.
- I would like if missiles were actually effective, and in return, a lot more sparse. Let me go with a total of 12 or 14 missiles, total. But they should be fully customisable. Give me the choice to define each and every armament I want on the plane. Let me choose between AIM heaters, AMRAAMs and other munitions. Make fights harder, with fewer enemies. I want to see myself straining into G-LOC. I want to see my vision getting narrow, and hear the stretching of the g-suit as I force the breath into my lungs.

- Or, go the way of the COFFINs. Remotely controlled airplanes. It would allow so much creative freedom, and the pace of the game could be accelerated while still maintaining credibility, as it seems believable that a machine would be able to sustain much higher G for much longer durations of time.

How about you? What would you do?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Sounds like you want a sim game. AC is not a sim and never has been.

most people thought 3 was fine, and didn't even know it was gimped until years after release

I've felt that the massive ammo capacity had no purpose.
Imagine:
You've finished your assigned task, mission accomplished. Having spent your full armament, you may only have a few good bursts left in your cannon, and some c&f.
But suddenly, signatures on radar.
A moment later IFF identifies them as bogeys. You take evasive maneuvers, your chaff narrowly saving your life from the Russian AMRAAMski that was homing on you, but one of your friends weren't so lucky. Screaming that he was out of chaff, he pulled his hardest, but he was early. The missile connected, and his aircraft was scattered across the skies.

Gameplay has emphasized that missiles are deadly. They kill your enemies quickly, but they do the same to your friends, and you. Thus, by showing the consequence of being hit, suspense is created.

By reflex, you turn into a high yo-yo, afterburners on full, and shortly after, put an effective burst into one of the bogeys.
But now the HUD is telling you that you're empty. You pull away, trying to out as much distance between you and your enemy by diving low. Afterburners still roaring, you suddenly hear a dreadful voice. The last voice you ever wanted to hear right now;
"BINGO! BINGO!"
Having not paid attention to your fuel levels, the last fight put you in jeopardy of getting home. You were never supposed to be out here this long.
AWACS advises that support is on its way, but you are still to RTB.
You've almost become deaf to the sound of the lock on you, but suddenly, it screams up as another series of AMRAAMs are launched.
Dropping your last chaff in a hard pull, the missile barely graces your engines. The thrust ceases.
Every single light on the dashboard has lit up. A big yellow "MASTER FAILURE" on and the screen below, completely lit, tells you that it's over. You instinctively grab the handle between your legs with both hands, and pull. Briefly, it all goes black. The sound of the seal of the cockpit being broken, the seat launching.

Attached: air_200a_016t.jpg (550x413, 46K)

but AC3 is the best AC

Attached: DxO1yxBUUAAIkDb.jpg_large.jpg (1600x972, 169K)

Why can't we have proper sounds and loadouts? I'm tired of that terrible sound.
youtu.be/mV4U1ZZgYXE
youtu.be/rT5PyTHPPZc
I want this.

We could easily get away with normal load-outs. They let us resupply anyway, so this way they won't have to needlessly bloat the maps with enemies just to sponge out your 150 missiles to make you feel cornered.

Attached: WPNMAP.jpg (294x362, 14K)

Ace Combat 3's gameplay is lacklustre. The mission design is uninspired and the planes feel terrible to control. The narrative (and as always the presentation) is the only thing the game has going for it.

and then you run out of ammo and die
if you had a realistic amount of ammo but the same amount of targets you have in an ace combat game you'd just have to do a gazillion RTBs every mission and that's no fun

think of ace combat as Ridge Racer but with planes and all the design decisions start making a lot of more sense and you realize Nagase is literally the equivalent of fuck
ing Sans Undertale oh god oh fuck

Attached: 20190212_225647.jpg (466x498, 143K)

Nigga, HAWX came long after AC 6, it's an AC clone. It was fun (haven't played 2), but I don't know why it flops, maybe because the real world setting or poor marketing or something, or different sales expectation, it being western game from big publisher.

>Make fights harder, with fewer enemies.
Fighting a bajillion targets at once is like half the point of ace combat you fool

Considering that the only mission that is actually hard in AC7 is mission 9, and only due to having cruise missiles that do above 50% damage. I haven't checked with the wyvern and defense parts though. The parts make the game such a joke. Why were they even out in?

And how come nobody has mentioned VR or that only the Thrustmaster HOTAS made for the Xbone works with the game? What the hell is up with that?
Hopefully, some modders will fix this lazily made port.

>aaah why different opinion exist

3 is my favorite, and I put 7 in a close second. But if we're taking gameplay into account, then 3 really lose a ton of points and 7 becomes the best AC in my opinion.

Attached: 1522721850534.jpg (1920x918, 271K)

Gameplay is the most important element for me. That's why I like ACZ the most. Haven't played AC6 or AC7, though.

But thats the point, the game wouldn't have 300 targets in a map. It would have 50. SAM and AA would require fast, low entry at high difficulties. The Tornado should be featured to demonstrate exactly this.
Supersonic at tree-top level, delivering hot payloads on disgusting belkans.

There should only be 2-3 squadrons of enemy fighters. Your friends' would have designated targets, and they would be actual wingmen, instead of deadweight being dragged around by airplane jesus.

How many enemies do they have to throw at you, before they've created a situation, where the player feels cornered, outnumbered, and forced to retreat?

They are limiting themselves by design, they could create much more suspenseful combat if they didn't give us missile pods with 200 missiles.
With more effective weapons, you'd still be able to kill loads. However, you'd probably try to avoid wasting them, as opposed to now, where you are just throwing them at enemies with no regard.

> press both triggers to make high g turn
i sure am loving that ac7 gameplay
how dare he make suggestions to change it

Imagine where we could be

Attached: enZFZoX.png (1414x1820, 45K)

6 and 7 have the best gameplay, each for different reasons
If they could mix both games for the next title it's going to be kino

Haven't played AC7 so I can't comment on that game's mechanics. But I find it difficult to believe it AC7 controls worse than the game where pitching and rolling at the time time carries a full second delay.

>the planes feel terrible to control.
Not as bad as AC4's crap "super fast roll but super sloooooooow pitch"

as opposed to "super fast pitch but super sloooooow roll"? They're both poor for different reasons.

Making posts about your unrelated dream game is pointless, user. Do it in your own head.

That has to be some paid promotion or something. Only thing I can think of. I have a Thrustmaster X, exact same thing except it has PS3 support instead of PS4.

Attached: pc-hotas-compatibility.jpg (908x485, 106K)

just fart into your headset

>AC7 was extremely mediocre
Opinion discarded

Attached: 1550627838814.png (160x198, 56K)

So, one thing I never understood. Did AWNNB drop the nukes or were they loyal to Belka? Were the other Belkan planes intercepting the bombers AWNNB or were they loyal?

The nukes were dropped by the Belkan government
AWWNB wasn't loyal to any nation
The Belkan planes that intercepted the bombers weren't AWWNB, they just somehow heard about the nuclear plans and didn't want it to happen

Attached: 1550461485352.png (710x656, 360K)

I didn't pay attention at the dialogue and shot the Belkan defectors. Please tell me i'm the only one dumb enough to do that.

Attached: 1538533703352.jpg (342x320, 24K)