You already beat Etrian Odyssey Nexus, didn't you, user...

You already beat Etrian Odyssey Nexus, didn't you, user? You already beat the superboss because you're not a filthy casual, are you?

Attached: 57455339_p0.png (750x804, 447K)

Attached: 63011183_p15.png (700x966, 404K)

Post progress:

>Guild name
>Characters
>Level
>Current labyrinth/maze
>Best girl
>Backstory

Attached: 49076490_p21.png (500x500, 153K)

I would play these games if it had no cartography and it wasn't written in the 2nd person

No, haven't started it, saving it for a rainy day.

You can turn on auto-mapping, but you'd still need to add stuff like icons.

Attached: 1468193245732.png (471x710, 173K)

is that for all the games?

It's for Untold 2, V, and Nexus, not sure about others.

I think auto-mapping was added in the 3DS games, as far as I remember the first three DS games don't have it.

I mean, I'd never recommend it, it's a nice feeling drawing your own map with colors and icons so it can look as pretty as you wish. At worst with regular mapping the tiles you step on get colored automatically so you only have to draw walls.

Attached: 1534570598450.jpg (1000x479, 217K)

last question:
which can be emulated and does it have the same depth as mainline

After playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon the prospect of having to draw my own maps sounds like cancer.

All of them should work fine on citra and they're all pretty much mainline, even if Nexus is a celebration of the franchise with returning characters and maps, but personally I'd recommend you to play them in 3DS if you have a hacked one, I can't fathom the idea of drawing maps with a mouse.

Well, Mystery Dungeon has randomized maps so it's not fair to compare.

Attached: 38488871_p0.jpg (700x1200, 113K)

Currently going through post game optional dungeons, am about to fight juggernaut. So far the difficulty has been sort of disappointing even on heroic, I've killed most bosses on the first try. The storm emperor was particularly disappointing since his big dick damage move couldn't even one shot anyone in my party.

Attached: 1505799121864.png (300x296, 83K)

Attached: 1550636677249.png (1155x735, 810K)

Well I'll be playing with automap
My concern which one one has the most strategic depth. Final Fantasy I has the depth of a street puddle, while Pokemon is more like a bathtub of water, you see?
I want something challenging but gives me a heck of a lot of options that are each meaningful to deal with the challenge.
I don't care about comfy.
So which of these three:
>Untold 2, V, and Nexus
would be for me, then?

Nexus is out in english already?

Probably Untold 2 (Classic Mode).

Juggernaut is as much of an absolute asshole as he was in 2U so good luck. Regarding the dragons, they have had their damage reduced for a while already so you don't have to be forced to bring a Protector every time you want to attempt one.

I'm currently against the superboss and I only managed to deal over 50% damage before it decided to kill my front row before throwing me its big dick elemental attack to the rest, but it's a really fun fight overall.

Etrian Odyssey is definitely challenging especially compared to the piss easy difficulty of FF and Pokemon. Be aware that the beginning is always the hardest since some monsters can deal from 80% damage to OHKO in one hit and buying equipment can be slow, but growing your characters is very satisfying. Also play in Expert, is the intended difficulty.

Start with 2U. I'd say if you can, start with 1U since it's the remake of the first game.

For over two weeks already.

Attached: 1550883914648.png (630x700, 737K)

Most Etrian games are pretty complex and let you build diverse parties. The Untold ones also have an optional story mode where you play a prebuilt party.
As for difficulty, 5 is probably the easiest, while Nexus has the most classes available so expect it to be broken as fuck once people start figuring that out.

I'm still trying to beat the 5th Stratum boss on 5 before I start playing Nexus. I can get the boss to half health, but then I get nuked by the Miasma Absorb spell.

Current party level is around 59 and is as follows:
>Barrage Pugilist for binds, Earthlain
>Deathbringer for Wilting Miasma, Earthlain
>Chain Duelist for Chain Killer mostly, Therian
In back
>Hunting Hound for healing + bind chance, Brouni
>Graced Poisoner for statuses, Celestian
Any recommendations for what I could do differently? I'm not sure if most of the characters are doing as much as I'd like them to, plus I need to keep the Fencer alive in order to keep any offense up.

Attached: 1549932734829.jpg (480x533, 75K)

best girl

Adding to Nexus, I highly recommend to NOT start with Nexus, it's meant for fans who have already played the other games, if you do you'd miss a lot of references and twists to the returning maps, you kind of need a certain attachment to the series, but if that is of no concern to you, feel free to do so.

Also listening to the remixed music from III since it ever got a remake is just something amazing.

Attached: 1542901040005.jpg (880x618, 231K)

What increases your scout level? I can't even recruit units from that in game guild card you get.

>For over two weeks already.
Well I'm behind the times. Time to get spelunking.

sounds good
what about this guy saying it's easy?

Probably an experienced player with a good idea on how to build a great party judging how he started on Heroic

It's easy for someone who has already been playing the series for a while. I also managed to beat almost all bosses first try, doesn't mean they don't take a while to take down, and then you have to consider how some random encounters can fuck you up the ass hard if they feel like it. As a reference, one of the final labyrinths has two flower monsters with high act speed who can AoE petrify your whole party, paired with a boar with an AoE charge attack that will instakill you if you're petrified. And that's before petrify was changed from being a glorified instakill, in IV if you were blindsighted by those flowers or were slower to kill them ASAP, it was 95% of the time a game over.

Attached: 1550514019162.png (550x698, 480K)

>You already beat Etrian Odyssey Nexus, didn't you
I don't even own it. I haven't even beaten 5 yet. And didn't it release like a week ago for burgers?

I've played every game since 4, so it helps that I have an idea of what will work and what won't. And as said 5 is the easiest in the series and Nexus isn't much harder, but don't go thinking that the games are easy. Even random encounters are threatening so you need to build a proper party that deal with all kinds of threats.

Attached: 1524531231242.png (1330x1500, 1.32M)

Still working on postgame, but managed to kill a Hexgourd. And get it's conditional legitimately. It was fucking agonizing.

Good luck avoiding the Wandering Eyes. Spoiler: You won't be able to avoid them.

Attached: 1550806476511.jpg (579x819, 541K)

First to get obvious out of the way: Do not attack him while the miasma's out. The damage it deals to you and the boss at the end of each round is based on how much damage gets dealt to anyone that round. 25% of the damage done that round gets totalled up and dealt to the boss, then another 25% gets split amongst your party, so keeping the doggo up will help lower the damage everyone takes.

Other than that, he's weak to Sleep, so if you have it or a bunch of Sleep Gases, you can try to knock him out before he uses Burning Blaze. it's a pretty predictable attack.

He also starts using a really nasty multi-hit Lightning attack when his health drops below half I think. And worse comes to worst, level up a bit. I an't say if your levels are low or not as it's been a while since I did a typical Eo5 run. My last experiences with Eternal Tyrant were a Necromancer solo and Fencer solo runs, both of which were awful for various reason.

Just got a 3ds. What's the best EO for a first time player?

Attached: sample_dcaecbbc85b8624d4fb908878dc3a1e8.jpg (850x1081, 148K)

4 or 5 are considered good starting points. If you're going to play only one, start with 5, it has more quality of life additions over 4 that make it easier to play, and going back might be tricky without them.

IV is the first 3DS game and is the first (and only game) to add an overworld you have to travel using an airship to reach mazes and labyrinths. It might give you a little of a wrong idea about the series but is overall a really good starting point since the classes are so well balanced. If you want to start from the very first game, you can either play the original from DS or the remake, Untold, in 3DS.

Important to note, Expert/Advanced is the intended difficulty. Any other difficulty below is easy mode and should be ignored.

Attached: 1525075878155.jpg (650x650, 227K)

is either difficulty like Skyrim Legendary broken?

>bounding beast appears
>I must be at the appropriate level, let's see how hard he-
I think I'll just skip all the side quest stuff until the end.

Attached: 1464387248854.jpg (824x528, 203K)

I just started playing it yesterday tho :(

I've just reached the final floor of the 13th Labyrinth

Fuck Blot, Heroes are cheating niggers and should all be shot

Attached: 1499055050810.png (500x424, 97K)

Have never played Skyrim. EO is well known for being way harder than your common RPG but still well manageable because it teaches you the value of proper team building and balance and careful exploring. At the beginning you might start reaching only a couple forks on the road before being forced to retreat because at low levels the monsters will almost OHKO you with a single attack, but little by little your characters will grow the better skills and gear they get.

>trapped by worm FOE in one of the later mazes
>can already kill red FOEs so it should be doable, right?
>regular attack kills my Hero with double his HP in damage

Attached: 1412565282708.jpg (1058x727, 171K)

Just do what I did and get a lucky panic right as he goes into force boost

Attached: 1518035965009.jpg (992x1403, 315K)

That's pretty much how I beat him along with my Imperial/Gunner proccing 2 back to back Multishot Accel Drives.

Attached: 1522005909188.jpg (620x496, 66K)

the worm is actually a joke. He's super weak to every ailment and if he has a single ailment/bind he stops and spends his turn healing, so you can permanently lock him down

It does have one of the highest strength stats of any enemy in the game granted, so if you don't know that you're probably going to egt fucking wrecked.

I always bring Analisis Scopes with me so I can check for weaknesses, but as soon as that thing impaled my Hero for over 600 damage, I just nope'd out of there.

Attached: 73185898_p0.jpg (664x789, 105K)

Attached: 1543398232126.jpg (1909x913, 344K)

Attached: 1488741677949.jpg (801x933, 75K)

Attached: 49076490_p5.png (500x500, 196K)

Welp. Guess I'm about to start with EO4 then. It should be fun.

You better pick a Dancer. No, seriously, pick a Dancer, one of the best classes in the whole series.

Attached: 1503098519059.jpg (1200x887, 194K)

Alright. Any other tips? I'm basically going in blind.

EOIV is one of the best balanced games in the whole series so is easy to create a good team. If it's your first game, try going with a balanced team composition of damage dealers, tanking and healing/support. Landsknecht, Nightseeker, Fortress and Dancer are good in the front row, while Sniper, Medic and Runemaster are better in the back. Later you'll unlock three more classes that you can level up fast thanks to some scrolls you get when you unlock them. Resting is also a good way to reset skill points later in the game and only costs two levels.

Attached: 31592748_p0.jpg (1240x1754, 654K)

You'll probably want a protector and a medic. After that you can use anyone really. If you think the medic is dead weight later on you can replace it, but early on it's very nice to have.

Attached: 1503653134497.jpg (560x816, 53K)

No.
>be me
>ordered the game
>got impatient, pirated it off from THAT site
>played thinking I can port my progress
>got the physical. "Yay, I have all the physical copies of EO for 3DS. Now I'll just hunt for the DS ones and my collection is complete!"
>tries to port my save
>somehow the cart can't read the same from my SD card
>fucking pirated copy was EUROPEAN and I ordered the USA one
>"GG, I'm retarded."

why didn't you just keep the purchased copy sealed and keep playing the pirated version?

Attached: 1534566786345.jpg (600x800, 313K)

I still have my EU copy saved, I suppose I can just play that. But I have always traditionally played using carts and I guess it just doesn't feel quite the same.
Incidentally, can EU copies of the game share QR codes from US ones?

nope, QR codes are separate

Poor Fabia...

You could always just hack your 3DS. It doesn't stop you from playing games you bought, and you can download whatever game version you want.

I want to HUG runemaster!

I'm still on the 24th floor in V for the past 12 months
Convince me to finish it, I don't know but I just get bored everytime I boot up the game

Attached: 1524871351042.jpg (900x1200, 498K)

I can't, I dropped it at Fetid Necropolis, after a whole year I just couldn't find any enjoyment with the game.

Attached: 1523140680160.jpg (1200x1200, 481K)

Reminder that bunnies are dumber than dogs

Attached: 1536553730290.jpg (550x825, 297K)

I with you there. I'm probably never touching it again since I got to the 4th stratum playing the Japanese version, dropped it, then started again once the English version came out only get bored of it again by the 3rd stratum.

But cartography is fun.

Attached: Miasmata-map_triangulation.jpg (590x333, 21K)

Attached: img003.jpg (1790x1400, 392K)

Don't have a 3ds to play it with, but I might end up getting one because I'm kinda itching for it. Been looking at classes and stuff for the past few days and they look real fun. I'm a massive sucker for multiclassing, and with this one allowing you to use other classes' portraits I wouldn't have to worry about not liking the appearance of a class that might have a fun mechanic.

Landsknecht/Imperial or Imperial/Landsknecht? Is Arcanist/Nightseeker acceptable for a nu-hexer? I figured it might allow for applying multiple debuffs in a single turn once you have your circle down. How's Medic/Sovereign? Acceptable to use in one character or would it be better to have a separate Medic and Sovereign?

Hell, tell me about your favorite class combos. I love this kind of stuff.

Click it, faggot

Attached: gore.png (253x96, 2K)

I'm a lazy fuck who hasn't done it in English, but I've done it in nip at least.

Dunno about multiclassing that much since all classes work extremely well by themselves in the first place.
Really damn busted combo is hero subbed into inperialist and ESPECIALLY highlander, since you get free big damage moves out of nothing. Highlander has also got a really busted passive that gives tons of damage reduction if you lose HPs from a skill, and hero has a skill that heals every time you use a skill, soo...
Highlander/shogun is my personal favourite tho. Shogun has a skill (warrior might) that follows up ANY attack with a strong chase, but costs so many HPs every single chase, it pretty much always kills the user if he chases the entire team, but highlander has a force boost that heals him up every time he attacks, that deletes the HP cost and lets you activate the passive I talked about earlier freely.

No

>EO is dead
>threads are dead

Guess it's finally over

oof...

Attached: 2019-02-25_03-20-55.png (383x393, 17K)

you do realize only Australians would be awake right now, right? and that it's Sunday night/Monday morning?
And the Australians are absolutely terrible posters.

It's a boring series that loses it's novelty setting past the first stratum. The gameplay and character growth are excruciatingly slow. Once you've formed your party you basically decided that you'll be casting the same rotation of abilities all game. Most games in the series aren't even fun because the gameplay was straight rehashed each time. Just go play something else imo. You've experienced the fun parts of it already and the rest is a matter of tedious compulsion to finish.

Attached: 754057.jpg (424x401, 39K)

which is the least bad game then, and why?

its 10:30 am in western eu
what are you on about ?
the game is dead

You're almost there and floor 25 and postgame are cool as fuck
You can do it

t. pleb who can't beat the first boss

thanks user ill give it a try

>zoomers have school
>boomers have work
yep game SURE IS DEAD

>Once you've formed your party you basically decided that you'll be casting the same rotation of abilities all game.
This is why I like subclassing and grimoires.

Attached: 132dark.gif (640x480, 203K)

Currently playing V after Nexus and it makes me enraged that developers have removed the summon row in Nexus.
Necromancer is easily the coolest support class i've seen in series thus far, especially with a coffin that gives him a marginally worse version of dragoon's guard skill so motherfucker just does everything at once including debuffing, tanking and poisoning enemies.

Attached: 1535820656974.png (400x521, 127K)

I can't play EO because every time I meet an enemy with petrification I let it petrify my whole party.

>Waterfall Woodlands
nice.
Reminder that Olympia did nothing wrong

If you haven't played one before then really any of them that you can get cheap or emulate since you probably won't finish it anyways. EO4 and now Nexus have subclassing so at least there's some variety to look forward to later in those games. Nexus has more variety with that probably but I haven't touched it. I wasn't big on grimoires but Untold 2 has story if you think that would help improve your experience.

>investigate the dead end?
>yes
>you trip and lose a few coins
>lose 1000en

>you find a suspicious coin, pick it up?
>yes
>you pick the coin up. nothing happens
>gain 75000en

So what denominations do ental come in anyways

Attached: 1550940725800.png (1377x1377, 462K)

is it your fetish

good news, starting with EO5 petrification no longer is permanent and wears off mid battle. Now you can just stand there and watch as a petaliod petrifies your party over and over!

Attached: 1527374265537.png (818x1182, 923K)

well if you're saying from the perspective of a veteran that Nexus is the most possible to enjoy, then sure
who gives a fuck what casuals or noobs will like, no?

>implying I touch soulless "Best of" cash grabs

i beat the main game
slowly crawl through the postgame because too lazy
getting those uber weapons/armors and shit

No and I'm thinking I should try EO4 instead. Never played one of these before and feeling a tad overwhelmed.

Attached: 1539146944562.png (519x508, 455K)

Etrian Odyssey 4 is fine. One of the friendlier titles for newcomers and has a nice demo.

this it's a solid entry