What's the most well-hidden/hard-to-find piece of content in any video game?

What's the most well-hidden/hard-to-find piece of content in any video game?

Intentional content only, so no accidents. No pure easter eggs here, unless they are something for player to do (level, item, character, etc)

Attached: 1534610941803.jpg (698x698, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9vYMDCuS_lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make the girls show their tits in those CPS2(?) mahjong games

easter egg

Saving Quina in Dragon's Dogma.

Arkham City room that was never found in Asylum. Devs had to reveal it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9vYMDCuS_lA

Was it in a hard to find place or no one bothered with the game that much?

not enough seperation between game content and easter egg. however the closest I could guess would be the hidden garden in shadow of the colossus.

it requires one to complete a game of Shadow of the Colossus, then complete two New Game+ playthroughs of Shadow of the Colossu s to get enough stamina to climb up a specific wall in the game.

I think it required some ridiculous process that no one would have any reason to bother trying. Like needing to place spray gel four times in one specific location, but the game gave you no feedback any of the times you did it or something.

The Naboo Starfighter in the first Rogue Squadron. The devs somehow managed to keep it hidden until after Episode 1 came out.

The Doom 2 secret that took 24 years to figure out how to activate takes the cake for longest hidden I think.

There a trick with diagonal jumping where you can gain height with very very little stamina use and get up there on your first playthrough

I'd say the one banana coin in DK64 that speedrunners had to wipe the entire 100% category solely because of it

No, the developer's initials in Donkey Kong took the longest, since that took almost thirty years. That was purely an easter egg, though.

everything in La Mulana, even essential things needed to finish the game

Unlocking Saber in Fate/Extella
Just look at this shit, it looks like "that kid who told you you could play as luigi in SM64" tier

Attached: Artoria_Blog_Image_1024x1024.png (1024x576, 854K)

Destiny 2 had a puzzle to open the final Black Armory forge. It took longer than every raid released prior to that to get a first clear.

Speaking of FF9 I was thinking about Excalibur II when playing on PAL versions since you essentially had to get through the game in under 10 hours

Probably that sword in FF9.

Although I'd say the true ending path in Pathfinder Kingmaker probably gets close. Unless you use a guide, there's almost no way you'd stumble into it.

It's very, very specific, but - impressively - it's not arbitrary at all. Everything you need to do to set it up makes prefect sense, you just probably won't know that you need to, or that you even could do that.

Attached: 1546138844230.gif (800x600, 78K)

Diddy kong racing. To go to spacey where the rest if the game is, you neee to fulfill certain conditions, then honk at a sign near the lighthouse.
Without a guide, thats crazy difficult to find.

what about the rainbow coin hidden in the grass in dk 64?

I don't think I would have found the lake in Dark Souls. I would have opened the chest and left.

Are you talking about romancing the dryad girl?

Yeah.

Every step along the way makes prefect sense and ties into the point of it, but there's no way you'll know you should/could do it without a guide.

I'm pretty sure you just had to gel the one wall in the office and the room was revealed. You're correct that the game didn't actually show you the hidden room through detective mode though

Pure Bladestone
Anything in Halo
FF9 Secret weapon

That one 1-up hidden at the top of the tower in one of the first Mario 64 levels. Post the gif

Simon's Quest, you know what part