UNTIL THE GRAVE I WILL DMC THREAD

Attached: file.png (595x345, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XynTyxleH1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=XK6sdCor1zY
play-asia.com/devil-may-cry-5/13/70c3vv
youtube.com/watch?v=PZcdZyiuR-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbr7y78aAF0&t=70s
web.archive.org/web/20190119053630/http://insomnia.ac/commentary/arcade_culture/
youtube.com/watch?v=YR355CwNUww
youtu.be/NXDyRlqBad8?t=624
youtu.be/r1fC5rUSNFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Ebony and Ivory.webm (640x360, 459K)

post gameplay webms

Attached: Royal Release.webm (700x394, 2.44M)

I want Lady to be a loving mother to Dante's child.

>Official summary says Dante is seeking revenge for his brothers corruption and mothers murder
GEE I WONDER IF MUNDUS WILL BE INVOLVED IN THIS

source?

Where?

>here's your vergil theme bro
youtu.be/XynTyxleH1Q

Attached: judgement cut.jpg (347x360, 43K)

Any fellow sons of Tyrone like me hype for DMC 5?

Attached: 1550626553170m.jpg (1024x1024, 89K)

reminder that copies are out and leaks are imminent.

Attached: dmc copy.png (707x768, 506K)

Thoughts on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XK6sdCor1zY

god I hope they don't nerf that. Didn't they already nerf the petal ray for nero and the overture bomb?

The tree is going to resurrect Mundus.

e3 leak
>A battle of good and evil – A demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. The supernatural family drama also continues as Dante, the Son of Sparda, seeks revenge for his brother’s corruption and mother’s murder

play-asia.com/devil-may-cry-5/13/70c3vv

>implying the tree isn't vergil at max power preparing to fight moondus

I did feel it was a missed opportunity in 4 to have it so when you entered that cut scene in DT it could have showed the whole stand instead of just the massive arm.

Would remind me a bit of DMC1 Sparda DT's energy dragons.

Attached: 1550667175273.webm (1600x900, 2.38M)

Vergil is the tree though.

holy fuck

For me the life of I can't figure out stamen ray in the demo. Sometimes using it I get SSS, sometimes the style rank doesn't raise at all.

If the fight didn't have like 7 mid-battle cutscenes and Vorgil's AI was a little more aggressive it would have been a tiny gold nugget in the pile of shit.

Attached: 4FB4F957-4206-451C-B7BE-E3343C892BE0.jpg (620x349, 25K)

I really just use the petal ray every time honestly

does anyone know whether other language versions of the trailer use singular or plural "you" during urizen's line?

Yes he's in the tree but not willingly. What does Vergil have to gain from being Urizen?

I like that this one says "Seeds". Which is suppose to show that all of the major players in the competition also have their own trees that they are feeding blood to.

I still wonder why though, when V kills Goliath, the tree he had dies as well, but what does having multiple trees get Urizen? Is the plot really to merge the human and demon worlds?

this time Royal Guard has like 10 levels so its okay to have it that powerful after 10 blocks imo

what I think is OP is that now doing a bad guard will damage your DT before it damages your health. That seriously gimps the risk of RG.

Power obviously, it's all the little goblin cares about.

More power

It only gains a huge amount of style if you're using it in enclosed space and bouncing around. It's a bug if you're using in the same space but you're getting inconsistent amount of style.

It's not his power though.

The only other trailer we have is the Japanese one.

>yfw mundus appears and looks like this

Attached: Mundus_DmC.jpg (1200x2000, 199K)

>there are people that actually think Vergil is evil and not just a very hard Lawful Neutral and point to the tower erection in DMC3 as an example (because there aren't any other actual instances of him being evil, even the Redgrave incident is just speculation until the game releases) even though the city was long evacuated by the time that occurred

The only thing you could possibly pin on him that's bad is if he somehow got demons to invade the city before the start of the game but that's highly unlikely given that he'd have to both know how to do that and how he was fucking around in a library when Arkham introduced himself to him.

I'm not saying Vergil doesn't have issues and he comes off as a hardass a lot, but he's not even close to being an actual evil person.

Attached: 1550454273511.jpg (980x700, 633K)

So we're getting the Mega Buster for Nero, anyone want other cameo weapons?
I'd love it if Dante got the Z Saber.
Or V's Nightmare could be swapped out for Yellow Devil.

Priceless.

unironically the best character in the game

The absolute state of Vergilfags.

I mean you really only have like what? 4 bars of DT to start with? so thats only like a few free blocks

And shooting an innocent woman.

Attached: 9F13DA3F-F894-4406-BDA1-1AFB6EAC857D.jpg (606x900, 177K)

B a s e d Vergilbro

foolishness user, foolishness

this spoiler meme is overplayed and was never interesting

We already know what he looks like

Attached: 1536078765431.jpg (1200x653, 115K)

Well he is evil now.

should be 0 free blocks, DT is easy to build

Based Vergilbro

>here's your non-canon proof bro

Fuck off

its canon
Source:dude trust me

absolute newfag

This is the real final boss.

Attached: 8F1B4DA2-2815-4830-AF13-B9F894EF9F09.jpg (400x480, 30K)

The tree acts as blood supplies to Urizen so he can get stronger or stay alive for whatever reason.If you keep destroying the supply he'll have less and less and will lose strength.

I still don't understand how somebody used this specific frame to reveal V. His lips look more swollen that his already huge lips.

que te jodan

>Nero (((Goldstein)))
Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?

will bloody palace have co op? i want to run it with my friends. Do we know if thats gonna be a thing?

Guess we'll see in about a week.

We don't know, if they did then they will need to make a lobby system because trying to catch random people just starting would be a nightmare.

Vergil should be with Urizen pic and lvl 350

Why does vergil need to be in the tree for mundus' resurrection? Did V set him up?

I’d probably get upset if my brother betrayed our entire kind by marrying the enemy, and his children aborted my unborn child and murdered my mistress shortly afterwards.

Attached: B7353C3E-0D1F-4940-B962-CCC401332EDC.jpg (335x381, 74K)

I hope that user is right and V is his own character. I want him to be a hero. I don't want him to die.

Attached: 1546183540885.jpg (607x1024, 79K)

>tfw lawfully neutral'd thousands of innocents to death because they happened to live in the city where you chose to erect your dad's demon tower

Attached: 1550892291285.jpg (776x1080, 258K)

For the (yous)
Everyone in the thread was making fun of his face

How come we are not playing DMC4 together anons? the mod came out a few weeks ago

I don't know for sure yet. I think he just needed something to guard the fruit while it ripened.

I want him to die in a sexy way and then come back with his dark soul filled because his playstyle looks really fun

Attached: 0BBB6D19-FAA3-47A4-A54E-788C142DB9B0.jpg (283x346, 21K)

Here's your (You)

Attached: 1551050190418.jpg (504x520, 119K)

We will endure the exile, together Vergilbros, together!

Attached: 4ed994cdd09eb7cf3913646916680214.png (1800x3000, 3.41M)

>guys he totally isn't evil if you just ignore the instance when he killed thousands
by the end of dmc3 he was fully intent on killing his own brother, his last remaining family in order to obtain daddy's power and didn't even care that the world would be overrun by a demonic invasion as a result

>even though the city was long evacuated by the time that occurred
When was this stated?

It was an abandoned town.

literal headcanon

Wouldn't it make more sense that Vergil purposely became the tree so he wouldn't die and then he can take on mundus? V looks like he's trying to prevent vergil from becoming powerful for that reason.

So is saying that he killed innocent people.

vergil is a huge anti gunfag though
thats one reason why 3's jackpot scene is so great
Also pretty much everything from that manga not explicitly stated to be canon is not canon

not mine

Attached: letsgetairborne.webm (640x360, 1.43M)

not a single human corpse

I doubt they had the dosh to model npcs you'd never interact with.

>Temen-ni-gru pops up in mission 3
>Walk around the city in the first two missions, everything's run down and derelict and generally looks like shit and there are traces of abandoned civilization

Either Arkham summoned a horde to purge the city because he's a fucking dickhead or it's been that way for ages, either way Vergil had nothing to do with it being that way. He's a swordsman, not a conjurer.

>fully intent on killing his own brother
Imagine missing the point this hard

are you retarded? you literally see the centre of the town get absolutely annihilated when the tower rises, and in mission 2 it's strongly implied the populace has been slaughtered by demons because some environment interactions state that all the people have disappeared and you see blood from bodies being dragged behind the curtain in the strip club, I think Dante even notices it if you press the interaction button

No doubt everyone was killed by demons; and Vergil helped baldy out, of course he's responsible.

But his daddy used guns.

I meant mission 3
implying that Dante was living in a derelict abandoned town is some serious mental gymnastics

If that user from last threads still looking for this

Attached: nero-execution.webm (1256x706, 1.64M)

Why did Dante open Devil May Cry in an abandoned town, user? Why is there still electricity running through the buildings?
The demons probably ate them or something.
Why are you so against this idea? Vergil is the ANTAGONIST. He's supposed to do bad shit. That's why Dante's relationship with him is tragic. Vergil was a villain and needed to be stopped, but Dante still loves him as his brother. Besides, Vergil isn't the only brother that's indirectly murdered a shitton of people.

The area where Dante lives does like to be a dump and all, but I'm sure Demons were not helping either and just killing people left and right.

It was due to graphical limitations at the time. All the lights and shit are still on at Love Planet and there's blood splatters on the ground too.

Attached: stripper_dantr.jpg (422x750, 113K)

RG in 4 does about the same or more damage with just release, the only thing that'll change is that it'll be easier to do in 5

>it's strongly implied the populace has been slaughtered by demons

What the fuck does this have to do with Vergil? He doesn't summon demons. The only person that could have stirred shit this badly was Arkham. All he did was piss off to some library to quietly study potential methods of gaining power when Arkham popped up to tell him about Temen-ni-gru.

>the center of the town got blown up

Everywhere you went with Dante was abandoned, why would that part be any different?

More importantly are they gonna work the title into the ending.
>it seems we were devil may cry™ all along
I can't remember if 4 & 2 worked the title into the game

Attached: 1524194212940.gif (320x224, 1.02M)

I didn't think Vergil apologists were a thing. Yeah he's stylish but the guy is a huge dick.

will cameo prioritize people on your friends list?

Nobody defending him is saying he isn't, he's just not evil and that he didn't kill any innocents.

Vergil's the one who fucking commanded them to do it, you can see that Hell Vanguard is obeying him, not Arkham. Also he can clearly summon summoned swords, I don't see why he can't summon other retarded things.

He's like the definition of Neutral Evil.

So like.. has anyone noticed that this new royal guard has a system that will take devil trigger away from you when you guard?
I guess this happens when you fail a perfect guard?
so you can hold it down and you don't loose any health unless you have no devil trigger? or maybe this happens when you're close to a perfect guard but don't quite get it?

HOW
That bit where Lady says "Maybe, even a Devil May Cry HD Collection out now for all consoles and PC, DMC 5 demo also available and 4 is available too in a bundle, buy now beat the rush" was a bit too forward honestly

it's not like he planned on giving up, he was completely desperate at that point and the ferocity with which he fights you is indicative of this

Sparda's power wasn't his either. Vergil doesn't care if the power isn't his, he wants more of it. Also are you guys forgetting that his body in 5 is probably dead/undead since it got fucking destroyed by Mundus which is why his soul was stuffed into Nelo Angelo armor?

>Yellowmotion
Nah

V literally says 'hey lets destroy Qlipphoth roots', why would he do that if he wants to take the Fruit?

Attached: 4485671429.gif (600x321, 3.88M)

>soul was stuffed into Nelo Angelo
You did see the part where he removed his helmet and had a normal head right?

>Hell Vanguard is obeying him

They weren't related, he killed it immediately because it's a shitty demon and he doesn't have control over it. I doubt even Arkham has control over the demons, you just have to summon them so they can wreck havoc on the surroundings.

there's literally blood all over the stripclub, people died you spazzes

following your logic we can just conclude vergil wasn't complicit to anything that happened in the story because dude it was all arkham lmao

Technically only Dante showed intent of killng his brother
>i have to stop you even if it means killing you
Then Vergil told him to run in order to save him

might controls everything and WITHOUT STRENGHT you cannot PROTECT anything, LET ALONE YOURSELF.

also he protected Dante from Arkham's (potentially deadly) strike

>youtube.com/watch?v=PZcdZyiuR-Y
I thought journalists dicksucking DmC was just a meme

>he killed it immedately
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbr7y78aAF0&t=70s
>Hell Vanguard appears right in front of Vergil, standing still and arms raised supplicatingly.
>Vergil literally turns his back and walks away while it stumbles after him begging and pleading for forgiveness
>executes it for its failure
You can't be this insane. It's clearly obedient.

I never said V wants the fruit, it's killing him.

Yup but it's literally only his soul animating Nelo Angelo according to DMC4's recap.

Why would it kill him, it's fueling itself off human blood? That's retarded.

yes, but for completely different reasons
vergil was supposed to be like dante's darker reflection, Dante being serious about stopping Vergil once and for all in order to save the human world was a sign of his maturity and acceptance of his responsibility as the son of sparda, while for vergil it signified his tragic descent in pursuit of power

You’d think they would’ve complained about homophobia.

Attached: 03D1DB1B-7B55-47E5-9E5E-1C11C790BFCE.jpg (1531x797, 524K)

Slaughtering people on the street because they dared talk to him. How lawful neutral of Vergil.

Attached: x31.jpg (1200x895, 193K)

Several of the journos legitimately thought that Nero was Donte.

He's talking about Dante's medallion. That's why he mentions protection. Because Dante was saying he can't have his medallion and then Vergil calls him a demonlet and takes his medallion because he can't protect it or even himself. He emphaises this by then impaling Dante on Yamato while saying 'yourself'. To paraphrase it in another way that you might find easier to understand
>How can you protect this amulet if you lack the power to even protect yourself?

didn't he kill the librarian too?

Non canon.

Yes but to be fair, she was a demon. A different case.

>non canon manga

I like if V's alt color is him in this suit

>it contradicts my fanfic so it's non-canon
loving every lmao my dudes. It's an officially made piece of Devil May Cry media and unlike the other novels and comics, nothing contradicts what's in it and it hasn't been stated to be non-canon.

>In 5, they changed this line to "protect the ones you love"

There's a lot of footage in here I haven't seen before, pretty cool

Considering how he hadn't even met him when the demons hit the city he wasn't complicit in that, sure you could knock him for not really giving a fuck about Arkham's bullshit either way until he outlived his usefulness but that's the entire point of being neutral.

I actually missed this, so my bad, but that still just means he sent it out to attack Dante, what else was he gonna order it to do? Kill civilians for no reason? This doesn't have enough context around it to present itself as an actual case for Vergil being evil.

Attached: 1542151225561.jpg (1080x1224, 332K)

>manga
If Vergil canonically was like that, he would kill Lady in Vergil 2 Cutscene because she dared talking shit and attacked him, but he didnt

So how does aging work for Dante and Virgil? Shouldn't they be immortal? Do their human forms age normal and their devil forms stay young? Or do they stop aging once they hit peak boomer

He clearly killed civilians for no reason, there's blood stains everywhere in the stripclub and the place is trashed. The city's also totally fucked. They've clearly killed people user, you can actually see the blood stains in this image
He tried multiple times to kill her, Dante blocks some of the strikes and she blocks the others.

Have you guys seen this? It's one of the most retarded things I've on the entire internet
web.archive.org/web/20190119053630/http://insomnia.ac/commentary/arcade_culture/

Anything from the mangas not explicitly stated to be canon are not canon
This was commonly known until about 6 months ago

Attached: Untitled.jpg (864x131, 32K)

I’m curious about Dante’s choice of locale as well since it seems like an abandoned city but he still has a functioning landline, electricity, and pizza can be delivered to him.

It's literally where the one year line comes from, so the manga is canon in certain parts.

This is horribly OOC to the rest of his character, DMC3 Vergil would have just non-lethally beat the shit out of them before mocking them on how they're scum.

Was this really necessary, Yea Forums?

Attached: we were truly final fantasy.png (1193x508, 1.12M)

I mean, He literally did try to. Though he also could have tried killing her in the library but didn't care

>most of their vids barely hit 1k views, the exception being when they're going full "journalist" or covering a current hot topic.

thank the lord. hell, the even bottom of the barrel reactors get as much views as them. may as well quit by this point.

Post Vergil 2 Vergil was pissed at Arkham, and likely wouldn't care about lady at that point.

They age when in human form yeah. They can stay in DT as long as they want canonically and if they did, they'd be immortal.

But nothing about him killing those random civilians contradicts the manga.

I don't hate his ideas, but his conclusions are faulty.

Here's what's happening: V is Mundus, or otherwise a creation of his somehow. He's pulling a DMC1 Trish to lure Dante into a trap and kill him. Vergil/Urizen was supposed to be the one to serve as bait together with the demon tree, which is similar to what happened in the DMC1 novel.

The issue is, Vergil went and took Nero's arm and Yamato, and grew so powerful that he can no longer be controlled. In doing so he also grew the Qliphoth to enormous size and initiated the ritual to crown a new demon king. This is why V is panicking so badly when he sees the full extent of things in the prologue.

Its not canon, but those guys were asking for it.

Remember when people said subhuman didnt fit Dante

what are you talking about he hasn't met him? do you think arkham just showed up on top of the temen ni gru this one time and they haven't planned everything along with the demonic invasion in advance?
>he outlived his usefulness but that's the entire point of being neutral
>killing people after using them like tools is somehow neutral
ow, the edge

That image is talking about the light novel you tard. Even that was canon until the games contradicted it.
As it is now, not a single thing contradicts the manga and being an officially made piece of DMC media, it should be taken as canon until proven or stated otherwise.

>Blocking fucking Yamato with rocket launcher

No it isn't, he tries to kill Lady and Dante multiple times and he literally killed an entire city raising the tower.

> 5000 subs
how does someone like this got to qualify as a journalist?

So why is DMC allowed to just host generals on Yea Forums?

>random demons killing people = Vergil killing people

You don't even fight the Hell Vanguard in Mission 3, he's not accountable for a bunch of shitter demons Arkham summoned.

IT'S NOT ABANDONED
it's clear in mission 3 that the inhabitants were slaughtered

Same reason Smash is

Demons are immortal. Humans obviously aren't. Dante is half human and half demon. He can switch to DT, and presumably stay in it as long as he wants, to become immortal. He chooses to live as a human, though, so he ages like normal human.

Uh, you do know their talking about the light novel right?

>Why are video game threads allowed on the video game board
Golly I don't know user

yes jealous?

2 had Dante NWF Lucia by telling her "Devils never cry" and then fucking off into the abyss, 4 had it indirectly with Nero's relationship with Kyrie and how she says that even though he's a demon he's the most human person she knows or whatever

You fight the Hell Vanguard at the end of mission 2, then Vergil kills it. Of course Vergil's accountable, the hell vanguard was leading those demons and the moment you get past them, you enter the bar and stripclub which were totally fucking iced by demons. Vergil either ordered it or summoned them himself, like he summons his swords. Either way, he's accountable and he killed all of those people to fuel his control freak nature.

They were trying to mug him.

It was just a demon.

The manga is canon, nobody has ever even once provided a source for it not being so.

>another thread where people argue over whether Vergil is evil
>everyone still uses the same arguments as the other hundred times they've fought over this

So...have they leaked anything yet.

Attached: 1550894605616.jpg (448x560, 47K)

so you're saying the if Vergil won at the end and kept the demonic gate open allowing the world to get fucked over by demons it wouldn't be his fault as long as he didn't directly murder any humans? I mean he even acknowledges that the amulets were keeping the gate open

>user doesn't realize leaks will likely make the pain greater.

The manga panel and a Vergilfujo admitting that the Hell Vanguard serving him is new but no, there's still no leaks which means the game may be longer/tougher than expected considering we were expecting leaks a day or so ago.

>They can stay in DT as long as they want canonically
That can't be right, otherwise they'd take on every boss in DT form in cutscenes.
Then why doesn't Virgil stay in DT he doesn't give a shit about his humanity.

Are you guys unable to be fans of villains or something? Why are you so intent to argue that Vergil isn't evil even though we fucking know he is

So did V bait vergil into becoming urizen after getting yamato or did vergil become urizen on his own?

Kamiya has said so so it's potential kamiya headcanon.

>he outlived his usefulness but that's the entire point of being neutral
>killing people after using them like tools is somehow neutral

Good job omitting how this is referring to a piece of shit like Arkham that constantly goes on tangents about how awesome being evil is. There's a special cutscene detailing how they met when you play as Vergil in DMC3 where Arkham runs into him while he's reading a book in a library and they go to activate Temen-ni-gru. Vergil certainly didn't plan the demonic invasion, by the time you watch him it's clearly been some time since it happened.

>duhhh killed an entire city raising the tower

We've been over this before, it was evacuated prior to that happening.

>The Hell Vanguard was leading those demons

There's no fucking demon hierarchy, they don't infight and that's about it. It's like a giant pack of rabid dogs that don't maul each other. Summoning swords and demons are two entirely different types of conjuration and there's never any sort of indication in the story he can even do so.

Attached: 1530601118666.jpg (498x411, 50K)

He isn't. His motives and actions are completely justified.

I'm leaning the latter.

Why are people so bent on Vergil being good? He's clearly evil.The novel was canon at some point - and may still be canon in some capacity - and it's the same with the manga. It's just that DMC3 came out as a prequel to DMC1 so that everyone would forget about DMC2 and contradicted everything in the novel. I don't understand why people reject the idea of Vergil being evil. What's so wrong with that?

I'm in the camp that wants Urizen to be connected to no previous characters whatsoever. I just want him to be a badass new demon boss. But the evidence is stacking in favor of the "Urizen is Vergil" theory, and I'm willing to bet that's what's up, even if it upsets people. Vergil might get some sort of redemption by the end of the game, sure, but he's definitely up to no good.

Attached: 1551057024889.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Someone post that pic of Matt Walker with DMC shades please

>Motives and actions being justified doesn't mean someone can be evil
user thats not how it works

That was because it was outright described as the theme of "the foulmouthed antihero Dante"

Attached: 1543232431039.jpg (560x632, 35K)

Is the idea of the city being evacuated just a wack theory made by Vergil fanboys to justify their theories, or is that actually stated anywhere? If that's the case, why are the lights still on? Why would they have already evacuated if the tower isn't raised until after the game begins? Why would Dante be there if they declared an evacuation - and, even if we could say that Dante just didn't care about it, why is he getting phone calls?

Attached: 1550886155203.jpg (720x817, 58K)

>Vergil certainly didn't plan the demonic invasion
he literally spent a year working with Arkham undoing the seals to raise Temen-ni-gru.
>We've been over this before, it was evacuated prior to that happening.
literal headcanon
Just admit that Vergil is a piece of shit dude. Stop deluding yourself

#GriffithDidNothingWrong

memes aside, it was actually really good
the fact that dante goes back to saying devils never cry in 1 is a shame

Thanks man

>The novel was canon at some point - and may still be canon in some capacity
In the novel he was a pawn of Mundus since childhood.

>Kamiya
Right so headcannon then. Would make absolutely no sense otherwise.
>Dante and Virgil battle to the death
>not going to stay in the strongest form for the battle
>switch in and out of DT so my enemy has a better chance of hitting me.

But it fucking wasn't evacuated. We have so much proof that the demons killed the inhabitants

it's completely made up, in fact in mission 3 you see that the people got killed

So what makes him evil if his actions are justified?

Where is that stated? I'm actually reading through it now and I have about 40 pages left.
You could easily set the novel a year before DMC3 so that the "it's been a year since we last met" line applies. Dante has Ebony and Ivory in DMC3 so we know he had to have gotten them from Nell before the events of the game.

Bros...
youtube.com/watch?v=PZcdZyiuR-Y

>Why are people so bent on Vergil being good?
I don't want him to be Dante tier good per say but I do want him redeemed and working for DMC as a wandering hunter collecting devil arms from the unworthy and dangerous, that way his key trait of power hunger is preserved but it's in the service of good. Also he's not "clearly evil" he's playing renegade and doing anything it takes to never feel the weakness that saw the death of his mother ever again. What's wrong with wanting Vergil evil again is aside from him learning nothing, it's a rehash. He was already an antagonist, his role is done in that regard.

>There's no demon hierarchy
He literally appears with them multiple times, during the Trial of Courage, during the Orange boss level, at the start of the game and whenever the Hells have been attacking you continuously. It's clear they lead the Hells, they're even made of sand/something similar to sand and are also called Hells. Also, this is the same hell that has generals and knights and demon kings yeah? And you're saying theres' not hierarchy?

>summoning demon swords is different to summoning demons
How? Why? If he can summon one and he knows magic spells and how to perform rituals, why can't he summon demons? He's clearly in that library at the start of SE for a reason and it's not because he wants to read The Great American Novel.

Just because you have an explanation for your reasoning doesn't make it okay.

Ever heard of anti-villains? Solidus Snake was justified but still evil for killing Raiden's parents, Olga and attempting to kill Raiden. I think your morals are wack dude.

The "it's been a year since we last met" line is directly referring to the manga

>Why do people prefer the interpretation of the most well regarded game of the franchise over that of a side-material I haven't read myself.
Gee, you tell me, chief.

you're late

I haven't read the manga yet. Only the book. I'm trying to delve into the greater mythos before the game comes out. Gonna read the manga and watch the anime before the 8th if all goes well.

I didn't mean evacuated as in officially evacuated, I mean evacuated as in everyone fucking got out of Dodge or was killed and there's practically nobody left by the time the game starts. There's no way there was any sort of people at the center of the city when the tower was raised, that's the complete last spot you'd wanna be in.

>spent a year

I'm sure it only says this in the manga

Alright makes sense but what does vergil gain in initiating a competition for king, if he would rather be the ruler? Or is that just a lie to gather more blood so he can get stronger?

>Where is that stated? I'm actually reading through it now and I have about 40 pages left.
It's his backstory according to DMC1. Dante escaped, while Vergil was captured and turned into Mundus' slave. The novel follows this version of events.

The "it's been a year since we last met" line from DMC3 is referring to the manga, not the novel.

You mean that game that shows because Vergil raised Teme-ni-gru that the people of the city were wiped out by the resulting demon invasion?

>rehash
He's never been the main antagonist though, he's always been a secondary and literally nothing has occurred that would change his motivations.
>he's not clearly evil
Literally killed thousands, summons demons, plans to unleash Inferno on the surface and he's incredibly selfish.

Where did this screencap of Nero even come from? It's hilarious.

>We've been over this before, it was evacuated prior to that happening.
Proof? So blood in the club is from demons fighting demons?
>There's no fucking demon hierarchy, they don't infight and that's about it.
But that is how demons in DMC's hell work. They fight for power.

Vergil is responsible, and the Reaper came back to him, not to Arkham.

>I'm sure it only says this in the manga
Yes, in the manga that was officially licensed and overseen by Capcom, made in conjunction with Devil May Cry 3 and released alongside it as an intended extension of the story in that game. What's your point, bozo?

Couple of things
>A new body because his old one is dead/rotten from having been soulless for so long
>Additional power and a strength beyond his father Sparda
>The removal of his humanity which Vergil strives for all throughout DMC3
>The subjugation of Inferno so he can rule as a tyrant and make the Demons suffer.
>He's spent years in a forced DT through the armor and he's had his mind fucked with by Mundus

>>he's not clearly evil
>Literally killed thousands, summons demons, plans to unleash Inferno on the surface and he's incredibly selfish.
Honestly, with Vergil being Vergil I'd doubt the thought even registered. He has a complete lack of regard for humans and human life. Except for the one lady he fell in love with, he always viewed them as weak.
He's lawful neutral and has some redeeming qualities and has a clear motivation. That does not make him good. Both him and Dante are edgy cunts at the start of the game. Careless and stupid, both of them.

But the tower doesn't pop up until the game already begins. Why would people have attempted to evacuate before the tower? They have no reason to. Demons are already in the streets directly beforehand - like 3 minutes beforehand - but they had no reason to leave before the demons showed up. The city is probably still full of people by the time the tower's raised, since the period between the demons showing up and the tower's raising is between mission 1 and mission 3, which is probably about 5 minutes in-universe. Everyone couldn't have evacuated in 5 minutes. Tons of people died, and were probably actively dying, in the city throughout the game.

I don't know why people are afraid to admit that Vergil caused - or, at least, stood by and watched Arkham- killing potentially thousands of innocent people.

You think Vergil and Arkham gave warning? You think they went around putting up posters saying "Hey so yeah we're gonna summon a fuckhuge gothic demon tower right in the middle of the city, you might wanna get away"? No. Neither of them would've done that. Also, there is proof that some people were killed. In the storerooms where you fight the Arachnes there are wrapped up corpses hanging from the roof. Unless you believe that they've been there for 2000 years without decaying to dust, they must've been taken by the Arachnes as soon as the tower erected.

>Just because you have an explanation for your reasoning doesn't make it okay.
Why?

>Ever heard of anti-villains? Solidus Snake was justified but still evil for killing Raiden's parents, Olga and attempting to kill Raiden.

But those actions were evil because they were completely pointless and cruel. He had no reason to kill Raiden's parents, it didn't serve any greater good or anything like that. Killing Olga was arguably justified given she was working for the Patriots even if her circumstances left it morally muddy.

he had the chance but just called her a foolish girl
he parries dante's attempt to stop him, he never tried to kill her
it is true he asked arkham why he didn't kill her
he has similarities to griffith or sasuke in ways

>He's lawful neutral
Shit, meant to say lawful EVIL.

If you wait long enough on the demo menu. It's him watching Nico tinker with the arms

>shows because Vergil raised Teme-ni-gru that the people of the city were wiped out by the resulting demon invasion
Where does it show that?

Vergil is obviously a good guy, and he started all that shit to help Dante become strong. Vergil was not actually going for power, he is a good guy!

Oh, and when he was in Temen-Ni-Gru, he wound a cellphone and made a call to the local mayor so he would evacuate the city, and that smear of blood in the club is actually wine.

I agree with this guy. I know people don't want to hear it but he's right.

Reminder to not reply to sekirofag if he shows up.

He doesn't kill Lady because he's weakened at that point. That's the entire reason Arkham is able to go in there and mess them up.
Vergil stabs Dante on the top. Then, after Dante is effectively dead on the ground, he stabs him again. Man is ruthless.

I don't see how he's lawful evil, his extreme selfish seems more NE than anything.

Because being able to explain what you're doing doesn't make it okay. If I give a convincing reason about the utilitarianism of a decision, that doesn't mean that decision becomes more or less morally justifiable.

>implying that vergil has the capacity to fall in love
>implying he would willingly have sex

youtube.com/watch?v=YR355CwNUww

It never fails to amaze me just how far Vergilfujos will go denying reality just to preserve their headcanon.
Truly remarkable

Attached: 67762637367.png (540x560, 208K)

He did all of that with the intent of exterminating demonkind though.

In the long-term, he was totally right to do it. Mundus was already resurrected and neither he nor Dante could beat him without their father's power. And worst of all, even if they sealed him again, he could just resurrect down the line and invade the human world long after their bloodline had lost it's power and humans had no way to defend themselves.

10 Facts about Vergil
>Prefers Yamato and his own abilities over modern weapons
>Traumatized by the death of his mother
>Wants his fathers power
>Had sex
>Doesn't stop Arkham from damaging his fathers work
>Is surpassed by his less experienced brother in a single night
>Kills Arkham the instant he seems useless
>Is almost as good as Dante at hiding his emotions
>Ripped off someones arm
>Is going to disappoint Dante and a lot of other people in DMC5

>the dislikes
OH NO NO NO NO

>Griffith
Do people unironically think that Griffith is actually justified in his actions? Having a reason for doing what you're doing outside of "I'm evil" doesn't make your evil actions any less evil. Same applies to Vergil. He has reasons for being a cunt, but that doesn't mean he's no longer a cunt.

Attached: 1550971501870.jpg (464x1096, 172K)

can't wait until vergil inevitably turns out to be urizen and they justify him murdering the entire city

>vergilgirls could not comprehend Vergil fucking some dyke in Fortuna, so they created their headcannon about him being raped
>vergilfags can't comprehend Vergil being evil, so they create their headcannon about him being a bystander

I want Vergil to be redeemed one way or another, but I also know that you can't go full retard.

>Because being able to explain what you're doing doesn't make it okay.
I'm not saying it's just explainable though, I'm saying it was absolutely the right thing to do. Maybe you can say there were still evil aspects to his actions, but overall it was good and justified.

>Kills Arkham the instant he seems useless
It's Arkham we're talking about here. The dude sacrificed his wife and worships fucking Evil.

Arkham on Very Hard/DMD

WHY

Attached: 1539048125155.gif (300x264, 747K)

most cringy ad i've seen

youtu.be/NXDyRlqBad8?t=624
She would have died if she hadn't blocked this. He parries Dante's attempt to stop him and then immediately tries to kill her again.

>he's like sasuke/griffith
you have to be shit posting.

Just use holy water, it's not worth the pain.

The best part is when people say the voice in the main trailer isn't actually Urizen, and is just Vergil's voice playing off-screen, despite the fact that we hear Vergil's voice in the arm scene and he sounds very different than Urizen, despite being the same voice actor. And then they say that the voice in the Urizen fight footage that we have - with subtitles ON THE SCREEN - is also not Urizen / doesn't sound like the main trailer voice.

Urizen is very clearly either Vergil or connected to Vergil.

Attached: image_devil_may_cry_5-38419-4094_0007.jpg (3840x2160, 2.26M)

The fact list is purely objective, I make no claims on the morals of these actions.

>Do people unironically think that Griffith is actually justified in his actions?
The idea behind people saying that is that the Band of the Hawk had pledged their lives to Griffith, so there was nothing wrong with him cashing the check. That falls apart at Casca though.

>is almost as good as Dante at hiding his emotions

Attached: all smiles vergil.jpg (280x330, 19K)

Attached: D24C7C85-DA2B-4FAC-B0FB-BE541E7B532C.png (1722x1677, 2.66M)

>He destroyed Rebellion because it limited Dante's power
>People would've died of old age an diseases, so he helped them to avoid suffering
>Blood can carry STDs, so Vergil decided to take all the blood from people so they stay healthy

She shot a rocket at him and was trying to kill him, why shouldn't he respond in kind? Later on he spares her though since she wasn't threatening him.

>He's never been the main antagonist though
The game ends with a boss fight against Vergil, that's main antagonist right there
>and literally nothing has occurred that would change his motivations
Dante being more powerful than Sparda would demonstrate the power of humanity, Vergil's enslavement would have had a huge effect as it was his focus on the devil aspect that led to that fate, and his current zombie form while Dante is perfect being a constant reminder of how he did things wrong. There's a lot there to motivate him.
>Literally killed thousands
Reminder that Dante let Trish bring Sparda into the spotlight which made the situation get seriously out of hand to the point where civilians were being killed left and right.

Saying "I'd give my life for you" isn't the same as saying "Sacrifice me to demons for power". It's more like "I'd die in battle for this cause".
Even without the rape, it'd still be retarded.

i just got to the arkham fight for the first time and Jesus fucking Christ
the tease of fighting regular Sparta makes it even worse
is there any shame in just holy watering it

Attached: what.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Not a Vergilfag here, I really can't see Vergil being lustful enough to knock up a woman

With how much motor function Nero has over the joints and fingers of his Breakers, they're probably directly linked to his nerves.
Which means each time he blows em up he feels his nerves tearing and disconnecting.

Attached: 1546153226120.jpg (290x401, 25K)

>doesn't stop Arkham
He actively helps Arkham, get that right.

The first Madqualia video already shows that Urizen is the one monologuing at the start because his mouth is shown moving for the 'KOKO KORA'

He is the main antagonist, he is not the main villain.

Yeah... sorry.

Dante didn't really approve of Trish taking Sparda. She kinda just does it immediately without consulting anyone. It's been a while since I've played 4 with cutscenes, though.

I think the manga is the best explanation for what happened the year before DMC3, but that scene in particular I think is non-canon. Didn't they say the side materials are canon as long as they don't directly contradict the games? That scene where he kills the library lady (or demon in disguise) was very clearly supposed to be an adaptation of the scene from Vergil's intro in 3SE where he first meets Arkham, I think he even says the same "Leave me, I won't tell you a third time" line. And since that scene didn't happen that way in the game, I'd imagine it's not canon. Most of the other stuff in the manga doesn't directly contradict stuff that happened in 3 though, I think.

Attached: cfba384c-1380-43af-8895-3b482feb7253.jpg (1280x930, 410K)

>Reminder that Dante let Trish bring Sparda into the spotlight which made the situation get seriously out of hand to the point where civilians were being killed left and right.
Lady pls.

In all seriousness she vanished with it before Dante could do anything to stop her.

bob barbas: teleports behind you

>Reminder that Dante let Trish bring Sparda into the spotlight which made the situation get seriously out of hand to the point where civilians were being killed left and right.
Because bad writing and rushed development. Or DMC3 was also rushed and had bad writing?

It's hilarious that that shit boss is followed immediately by one of the most challenging and enjoyable fights in any game I've ever played.

Attached: tut8i8agijn11.png (510x760, 539K)

He’s a big boy, he can take it

Have you seen that shit women wrote? You can't even imagine how far it is from "can't see Vergil being lustful".

That's why it's a meme.

>Hyne/Joker
Huh.

Does that mean Lady was originally Mary Hyne?

just like power rangers

I actually might, I managed to do this before on DMD with Vergil but Very Hard with Dante is actually just giving me pain with his non stop infinite tard rage attack where he is just constantly shooting red eels at me. I want to scream. This fight is TERRIBLE.

Attached: HENK.png (252x300, 67K)

Right. But watching Vergilfags attempt to justify Vergil by comparing him to Griffith is hilarious.

The worst thing you could to do make your character look just and good is compare him to fucking Griffith, one of the most evil characters in anything I've ever read.

Attached: 1550801176563.jpg (640x640, 92K)

>was very clearly supposed to be an adaptation of the scene from Vergil's intro in 3SE where he first meets Arkham,
The opposite was true, the scene in the game was an adaptation of the manga. The librarian was an extraneous detail for the game.

Arkham isn't his last name though

>main antagonist
He gets deposed by Arkham at mission 13 and it turns out Arkham's the one who's been driving the story. Being the final boss doesn't mean you're the main antagonist, look at No More Heroes.

>Dante being more powerful than Sparda
Could as easily become 'Vergil believes his human side is an anchor, cuts it off'

>Dante being a dumb asshole makes Vergil less of a selfish cruel asshole
Also, again, Trish took it and the Order were already doing bad shit at that point by acquiring Devil Arms, ascending people and doing bad shit. Also this DMC4's story is weak because it's rushed, not because Bingo became shit.

He spares her because she's not in his way. Also, she tries to kill Dante all the time but he doesn't try to kill her. The fact that Vergil instantly tries to kill someone who defies him is why he's a villain user.

>2000+19
>DMC still doesn't have a dedicated dodge button
Bayonetta 3 is going to destroy DMC5

THANK YOU
Gilver described as Nelo Angelo at the end of the novel. Something about having black armor, i'm pretty sure

Yeah, it's weird that people forget that. We will probably never know their last name. Only last names we know in the series are Lowell and Goldstein.

No shame, user. Fuck him up.

Also it's Sparda.

Attached: 7CAA719F-C400-4AA9-A8B7-656292A664FE.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

>But watching Vergilfags attempt to justify Vergil by comparing him to Griffith is hilarious
But nobody is doing that, someone brought up Griffith as a negative comparison.

>Bayonetta
You mean DMC Lite?

Attached: 1550805334777.jpg (891x768, 221K)

when will Bayo 3 come out again

yfw nero is a nepilim all along

Attached: 1550833878001.png (573x900, 850K)

it has one as long as you're locked onto an enemy, and even when you're not it functions as a dodge

>Onionetta ever being relevant

It doesn’t need a dodge button.

>The fact that Vergil instantly tries to kill someone who defies him is why he's a villain user.

>killing someone impeding your justified goals who is trying to kill you over a lie is villainous
What the fuck.

I'm pretty sure Lady's last name is Ann though, as her rocket launcher is inscribed with her mother's name, Kalina Ann.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: eye.jpg (960x1496, 77K)

Nerves don't work like that silly and it'll be incredibly stupid of Nico not to turn them off before the delibrate self-destruct button is turned on.

I'm a retard for implying there's no hierarchy, but it's highly doubtful the lower ranks are composed of anything but a horde of mindless savages. I'm also wrong on the HV not leading demons, because it does, but any collateral damage it commited was probably on its own volition while en route to harass Dante on Vergil's orders. It doesn't make sense for him to just tell it to explicitly kill people.

Buildings are fucking crumbling when you traverse the city, demons haven't been only around for five minutes. If they had been, you would have seen bodies, and a lot more bloodstains, and everything wouldn't look as if it'd been that way for days.

I'd agree that Vergil was in cahoots with Arkham when he summoned a horde of demons to purge the city if the situation didn't look like it'd been that way for a long time, the timeline makes more sense in my opinion if

>Arkham summons demons to get ready for the erection
>Dante and Vergil both go through a Shaun of the Dead-esque scene where they go through the wrecked city to go work on their plans, Dante probably wondered what the fuck was going on and Vergil could honestly give less of a shit
>Arkham goes to see Vergil and get his help to activate the tower

The manga was written like shit, I'm not gonna take it seriously when Dante's about as vulgar as Donte and Vergil fucking murders half a dozen people for attempting a stick-up.

I don't think Vergil's a good person, he's not even close. He pumped and dumped some random chick to get her pregnant, he could give less of a fuck about people in general, he's selfish, he's an egomaniac and a mentally scarred one at that, he's estranged from his brother due to what is presumably total isolation, and he didn't merk Arkham for being a fucking asshole until he stopped being useful. But he's not an evil person, not giving a shit about anything but your own non-evil goals and code of law is the definition of LN.

Attached: 1549418868648.jpg (2036x1536, 324K)

>post yfw the game comes out and vergil is evil and behind everything
Justification imminent

Attached: 1550622975003.png (344x366, 104K)

The Breakers seem to have set functions though, much like how we control them. I doubt he can actually feel them.

I haven't seen the shit they write but I am aware of the half-meme that Vergil is an autistic child who was raped in Fortuna and had no clue what was going on. Honestly, I can't say I disagree. Nero's mum looks rapey as shit.

Attached: neros mum.jpg (960x879, 42K)

He only tried to kill her when she got in the way. Vergil doesn't hate humans, he doesn't care enough for them to go out his way to either kill them or try to save any. The only reason it made a difference with Arkham is because he was showing hesitation, not because she was human.

no its not nigger, its a fucking blob

Probably maiden name, not Arkham's. She probably would call herself her mother's maiden name though.

>He gets deposed by Arkham at mission 13 and it turns out Arkham's the one who's been driving the story.
While Vergil dominates it for 80% of the game. Arkham may have talked Vergil into doing shit but Vergil is still the person who pulled the trigger.
>Could as easily become 'Vergil believes his human side is an anchor, cuts it off'
I really don't see this even being possible after the events of DMC3, even in that game Vergil was forced to accept his humanity.
>Also, again, Trish took it and the Order were already doing bad shit at that point by acquiring Devil Arms, ascending people and doing bad shit.
All I'm reading in that last line is it's literally ok when Dante and Trish do it.

>neros mum
That looks like Kyrie. Kyrie's mom at best.

Ann isn't her mother's surname, it's her second name.

Where’s the first one from?

That reflecting moments in eyes is a trope used to add drama?

Buildings are crumbling because they didn't want to model two versions of the city. There's also bars and strip clubs nearby - it's not hard to believe that Dante lived in some ghetto shithole of a city.
I used to live in Baltimore, and there's parts of that city that people actually live in that look like they went through a Cat 5 hurricane.

>The manga was written like shit, I'm not gonna take it seriously when Dante's about as vulgar as Donte
That's only in the Tokypop translations, retard. They're notorious for butchering translations and making shit up. Still doesn't mean that you can write the whole manga off as non canon just because it doesn't fall in line with your autistic headcanon.

That both Urizen and V are parts of Vergil. They know that people think Vergil is cool and they want him to live, but he is evil. So this is how they are doing it. Vergil cut out his human half using Yamato and it became V, who will live at the end of the game and be with Nero as a family.

DMC3.

From DMC3. It's when Vergil stabs Dante with his Rebellion.

Mundus will still be final bossu

Kalina Ann could just be one name though. Like Mary-Ann, or Mary Sue (lol). or it could be a middle name.

Attached: 6c490277-f8ae-473a-9ab9-aa9c24f3ad54.jpg (839x924, 90K)

>lock-on dodging is too limiting and cumbersome to do
>jumping is awkward and kills momentum
Come on Itsuno, no shame in borrowing from Bayo. It took stuff from 3 and 4 anyways.

Attached: 39B00486-C94A-4BDD-A1D5-091684A97BFA.png (415x326, 235K)

This

DMC3 intro cutscene where Vergil stabs Dante with Rebellion

Vergil lacks the foresight characteristic to be behind anything though.

Nero at least has enough motor control over the Breakers to quickly load bullets directly into Blue Rose, which would require a goo deal of finesse for the speed that he does it.

>eye motif on all the bosses

Hmm...

>implying dante attempting to marry a mop in his drunken stupor isn’t a good thing

>but he is evil

Not really.

Except for Nidhogg and Gilgamesh.

Remember the first DMC game that Itsuno worked on that had a dodge button?

post yfw V's upgrade is Yamato

Attached: motivated.jpg (300x390, 11K)

V isnt vergil

>This is the reason that his kills become more brutal

Yup, I think people are going to flip the fuck out when he gets it after the Urizen 3 fight. Remember in the trailer when Griffon is going NO NO NO. That's V reaching for Yamato.

>lock on dodging is cumbersome
what are you talking about, it's just like a regular dodge but you have to hold on the lock on button
and besides, you're given like 3 different dodge options if you include the gerbera arm and dante's trickster style

>downgrading Vergil so hard he became V
I would drop DMC.

yeah, but fair warning this is a pretty huge spoiler

Attached: neros huge dick.gif (294x235, 550K)

FUCK OFF FROM MY HUSBANDO, he's not some kind of violent maniac as some people are trying to paint him

Attached: 7437643847387.jpg (1843x2607, 483K)

>Nico could have been browner
AAAAAAA

Attached: 5dr69c7rqhj11.jpg (1273x717, 185K)

>post tfw the game comes out and
>urizen is nero and before that dante cause time travels
>urizen is vergil
>urizen is sparda
>urizen is mundus
>urizen is sparda's/mundus/all demon's dad
>urizen is god of evil/previous king of hell/great judge
>urizen is angelo
>urizen is eva
>urizen is smt character
>urizen is your worst NIGHTMARE
>urizen is arisen/seneschal
>v is urizen
>v___ is vergil
>v is vorgil
>v is mundus/'s son/trish 2.0/"good" side/reincarnation (Babel II)
>v is nightmare 5.2
>v is phantom
>v is griffon
>v is nelo
>v is agnus's creation/nico's brother/nell's better son
>v is sparda/'s son/creation/best friend
>v is eva
>v is gilver
>v is modeus
>v is abigail
>v is alastor
>v is arius/'s son/creation/lucia 2.0
>v is og satan-green eye's, cripple
>v is nero's brother
>v is nero's son
>v is nero's father =/= v is vergil
>v is proto nero
>v is arkham
>v is "angel" from manga
>v is lady's brother
>v is lady's son
>v is dante's son
>v is dante's and lady/trish/lucia/alice's son
>v is bayo's son
>v is patty's brother
>v is a game journalist, lady invited him
>v is from Vie de Marli's Clan
>v is "dude fron anime that summoned shit"'s brother/dad/son/neighbor
>v is a cane/book/skull-chain
>v is Qliphoth (tree)
>v is Nidhogg (dragon)
>v is cute
>v is demi fiend
>v is valmiro
>v is grigori
>v is a pawn
>v is fuzon/orc/tharmas/blake himself
>v is (v)odin=mundus
>v is a goldstein
>nero is a nephilim
> crew cut is REference

Attached: ((v)).png (1542x1080, 713K)

>V replaces his "glass" piercing canes with the dimension slicing Yamato
>He uses it kendo style.
UmU

Attached: 1550330082696.jpg (1050x1500, 215K)

oh wait nevermind, forget I took this bait.
I didn't know "Vergil is actually Evil" was the latest hook.

I didn't read the thread.

I would be okay with that, he's the coolest character in that game

Can’t tell if you are talking about the bulge or the arm

>dodging doesn't kill momentum
Shut the fuck up.

I'm talking about the spelling, doingus

>Dante : I figure he can bare the burden
>Trish : I know it's not my business, but this could get ugly
>Dante : Well, if the kid screws up, then I'll just have to kick his ass.

Attached: images that preceded unfortunate events.jpg (1876x935, 604K)

>his cane is one of those shitty weeb ones that unsheathe to reveal a hidden katana
oh nononon

Attached: 1550791794256.jpg (271x296, 21K)

Some people don't like it because they can't wrap their brain around having to dodge relative to the camera. I do kind of wish there was an option to change it, so that left and right would just always be dodge, but that would mess up jumping since you can change your trajectory. At the very least rolling is the least useful of all the ways to dodge, so jumping back or forward instead of rolling isn't that big a deal.

That's really the one that confuses me the most though, why people are obsessed with trying to roll? The air is super safe, you should be jumping almost all the time.

Why doesn't this series have an option to toggle lock-on?

No, seriously. Why do I have to waste a finger constantly locking on which I could be using to TRICKSWORD more effectively.

Yeah sorry I'm not gonna read a piece of side material that talks about a bunch of shit that has basically no importance to the actual story

Thank god that didn't happen, this game is already SJW city, morrison becoming black, trailer trash hick because fuck white people right?, Ruining the singer's life because some stupid underage girl got pounded by him, ect. black Nico would have made me quit the game and honestly Im still wondering if I should even drop money it after they confirmed no alt costumes as soon as they confirm wither or not vergil is playable or not is when I'll decide to pirate or buy

I don't think vergil will be evil in this if dante's is still helping him and fighting mundus.

Speaking of gilgamesh, I wonder how V and Dante will fight it in BP. Nero can snatch to the top but are V and Dante just going to smack the legs until it falls?

Ah yes I did forget about that, my bad

Then don't be upset when details from the manga are used to disproved your autistic headcanons, fujo

Literally everything you said is wrong.

Killing the city was a good thing and he never shot anyone though.

it does though
it's called jumping
there's also trickster if you want to be a teleporting madman

vergil will be urizen and he'll actually be using his power to kill munduswho is v

Attached: tu80.jpg (1280x862, 310K)

>flying for the first time this week
>afraid plane will commit 9/11

I don't want to die Bros

>this piece of side material disproves a pretty grounded belief that Vergil isn't an evil person, not even a good one, by showing him brutally murdering five people for attempting to mug him and then killing the librarian too

I mean if you want to pretend the dipshit edge story has any real bearing on the characters go ahead

Attached: E60704F9-28C9-46FD-A30F-CA9EA6E1518F.gif (459x459, 2.76M)

sure it is and I bet he'll be locked up any day now right? Look man, I'm just sick and tired of nonsense politics in my games, I don't pay for that garbage honestly it's racist they made morrison black anyway but don't tell them that, they think they're being equal

this, plus gerbera is a super dodge that doubles as a powerful attack that launches enemies
the game gives you tons of evasive options

*tricks behind your back*
You're not worthy of being my opponent.

Attached: natural-finish-bamboo-sword.jpg (700x700, 66K)

More then likely, or the crates will provide them with more then enough air to get up to the top. Hitting all four joints seems to get it to fall over.

Really you should also be asking how Dante and V are going to fight Artemis. Have you seen not only how fast it is, but how high it goes? You need snatch to get up to it. Dante won't be able to air trick and jump cancel his way up. I guess I can imagine Dante's guns will be more effective at knocking her down, but V has kind of limited options. Unless he really does get Yamato and fucking judgement cuts the bitch.

Makes sense. He already has summoned canes.

V will no doubt get some kind of gameplay modification in the second half (both of the others do), either that or summoning Nightmare will knock it down. Dante will have some kind of flight or advanced air thing in Majin, or can just trick up and helm splitter
You're more likely to be poisoned or beat up then the plane hijacked.

>shot a girl in the face
not canon newfag

Fuck white people brown is what makes my cock hard
I want to kiss Nico!

So when will he start crying harassment? That's like the thing to do now if people are critical of you, right? That will automatically invalidate any criticism sent your way.

That's what Sean Murray did during the big update to No Man's Sky. He did that Guardian interview where he claimed that people were sending him death threats, all to make people forget the months of lying he did in the lead-up to the game's original release. Of course, the media gobbled all that up (since they also love to further the narrative that gamers are an oppressive bunch) and chose to ignore Murray's long history of lying.

you'd be much more likely to die in a car accident so the odds are in your favour

I believe Matt confirmed it does

Neither Nico nor Morrison have anything to do with politics. Morrison being black changes nothing because he was a nothing character from the anime. Nico is canonically half whatever is, so if anything she's being whitewashed. Even her face model is mixed.

SAVIOR

You're both retarded, the manga is canon and trying to ignore it is dumb, but those events in the manga don't show Vergil to be a villain. Killing a street gang trying to mug you and killing a demon servitor are both completely justified.

Calm down, Itsuno. Keep it in your pants.

I mean Japan doesn't give a single fuck about America's culture war bullshit so it's retarded to say this game is 'sjw'

They actually got bomb threats at their office ya fuckin simp. Gamers are filled with spergs willing to send threats of violence at the drop of a virtual hat. Just because you've been huffing fumes in this shitpile with the rest of us doesn't make it abnormal for someone to react seriously to threats of violence sent to them en masse.
Take a shower, lift some weights, get a clue.

Agnus himself is likely half black, half jewish. So Nell would totally depend on who her mother is. I think the want to make her lighter skin might have actually been made to hide her paranteg. Though they did a poor job of that since Famitsu spoiled that her father was a mad scientist and Agnus came to everyone's mind.

Darnnit, Nell on the brain. I mean Nico. I think that's the third time I have done that while discussing this family.

but muh freeze peach

How the fuck do you mix up Nico and Nelo? I mean Nero! SHIT I mean Nell!
these N words have to stop

t-that's fake right? there's no way it's that big in-game.

Attached: nero_gamescom_side.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

>They actually got bomb threats at their office ya fuckin simp.
Says Sean Murray (the pathological liar) through an interview. There was no other news about this alleged bomb threat.

I do wish they were a little more creative with their names. They have an entire half of the alphabet to go through still. What's wrong with some more B, C and R names. Worried about RE overlap?

V is Vergil, and that's final.

Attached: mm.png (470x493, 297K)

>these N words have to stop
I'M GONNA SAY IT V

Attached: impossibly_smug_bird.jpg (1053x1355, 314K)

>V is Vergin

Attached: AF5C8AA2-3FCF-4E22-A7F9-B682FF77FBFC.png (1535x913, 1.37M)

>these N words have to stop

Attached: 1545428637780.png (307x327, 71K)

>says reboot has superior level design
>mentions only 2 reboot levels of note, with the latter actually being one of the worst ones

why are people like this

Attached: 139D7B0D-9A96-4FA6-9398-3FA86CDFE9A5.jpg (591x591, 189K)

>nero
>under the hooded figure

Attached: Krillinangelo.jpg (893x968, 283K)

he probably thinks level design = visuals

DmC easily had the worst level design.

Poor DMC5, not SJW enough for game journos, yet too SJW for some morons.

Attached: 1550971258843.jpg (690x488, 150K)

I'm not saying Griffith or Vergil are justified
they're villains but aren't just evil for the sake of being evil, making them interesting
maybe, but he's similar to Griffith because he wouldn't let anything get in the way of his goal, including Dante
he's like sasuke because he's edgy and uses a sword no really though sasuke tried to kill Naruto even though he still considered him a friend (in vergil's case a brother) and did anything for power, but it's to a lesser extent than his similarity to Griffith
yeah this

I should have said I don't think it means Vergil isn't evil or a villain, he is, but he's a more interesting villain with motivation heh
he uses arkham to accomplish his goal, but kills him when he is of no more use, but he also says that his feelings ("pesky fatherly love") got in the way of his attainment of power and it seemed to bother Vergil when arkham mentioned that he's half-human
Vergil is far more accepting of his demon blood, and shows a hatred that he's part human. He sees humans as weak
Dante acts far more human and hunts demons, similar to Sparda, he sides with Humans and doesn't even have a Devil Trigger until Vergil awakened it
his hatred towards Dante is because they disagree, deep down they're still brothers
he didn't let anything in the way of his goal
Is it ever said why Vergil needs more power? He tells Dante without might you can't protect anything, but when Dante asks Vergil what he's going to do with all that power he never seems to show what his answer was. if he did succeed in obtaining the power of Sparda, what would he do next?

Pic unrelated right

That's clearly Nelo.

Trinity of Fates says that he wants power simply to never again be powerless. He has no greater scheme, it's all for his personal fulfilment and to get over his trauma.

that works thematically you're thinking what the fuck is this bullshit then vergil comes in and kicks his ass out the final boss seat.

>if he did succeed in obtaining the power of Sparda, what would he do next?
He was going to exterminate demonkind and kill Mundus.

IE just a way more direct and efficient version of Dante's motivation between DMC3 and DMC1.

Welcome to the west where everything is political and if you aren't on theri side you're an enemy that should be killed. Left or right, which are you user? this entire site is composed of rightest and centralists who like to pretend they're leftists but when you challenge them they don't agree with a single leftist ideal or person I don't know why people on this board keep looking for shit to get angry about

>if he did succeed in obtaining the power of Sparda, what would he do next?
Considering what he tries doing in the very end. He might have tried to fight Moondust if he had Sparda's power and sword

>this entire site is composed of rightest and centralists who like to pretend they're leftists
What? Is this even true?

Nico had some concept art where most of her tattoos were blue and red vines. That looked better. Her tattoos are too scattershot in the final.

Its tagged as nero on other walls nearby it.

If anything it's the other way around.

Got a copy of the game lol

I'd say it's some vocal /pol/ autist as well as regular people from either side of the spectrum who are just tired of the culture war being forced into everything

Pics

I'm not very good at these games. I can't style on bosses in DMC3 and I'm still not very technical/can't get very far in BP of DMC4.

Attached: 1496489455527.jpg (619x453, 28K)

Actually,

Itsuno's stream had a post-Mission 12 with V where he states during gameplay. "It's not time to use the Devil Sword yet". Most likely, he gets Sparda after Dante reforges Rebellion and gets Majin form while V's connection to Sparda is revealed and he is trusted with it.

>devils never cry in 1 is a shame
Yeah, that always looked like a kind of stupid mistake.

Sure.

why are you making shit up

Dosn't matter if you're not good user, as long as you enjoy it and never give up then you're good enough as far as I'm concerned. Remember you're only a casual if you give up.

>tfw dante dealt with his trauma by pretending not to take anything seriously and acting aloof to disguise how he really felt.

>tfw vergil dealt with his trauma by adopting an autistic obsession with never letting himself be beaten or feeling weak ever again

Vergil is a villain for sure, he's done fucked up things in his pursuit of power. Awakening Temen-ni-gru alone probably caused a lot of innocent deaths. But even still, he's not evil.

He doesn't WANT to inflict suffering on others, he doesn't get off on causing others pain. It's simply a means to an end. We can also probably surmise that Vergil's goal was to get vengeance on Munuds, and that he and dante had a much friendlier cooperative relationship once upon a time jackpot.

tl;dr calling him "evil" and just writing him off as some asshole is misguided and retarded.

Also using his severance of Nero's arm as evidence is also retarded, we don't know his motivations or the stakes outside of "I'm running out of time."

to be fair BP is meant to make you suffer, and bosses are all about reacting to their attacks and only being offensive during certain windows so it's difficult to go full style on them

>giving your dad to a mysterious stranger instead of your nephew
Dead weight indeed.

Hopefully you can style on them in 5.

More like cowards who don't stand for a single thing and act like they have moral high grounds, either stand up for your righgst like a conservative or stand up for your right to screw people over failures and mentally ill of society like a liberal, cancer both idiots may be at least they stand for something centralists are honestly nothing but parasites clinging to everyone elses ideals when they benefit them personality and tossing them aside otherwise no pride in anything, they only care about themselves and their own pleasures the absolute worse kind of people alive right now

But can you see him being raped?

Why the fuck are the final two weeks going so slow. It blows my fucking mind that it's already February, feels like the E3 reveal was only a month or so ago, the rest of the year zipped by in a fucking flash but now everything feels like it's in slow motion and the game just feels so far away. Literally haven't felt this way about vidya in such a long time, I am thinking about this game constantly and I really WANNA FUCKING PLAY IT NOW REEE.

Attached: 1498523942786.jpg (250x249, 28K)

Attached: 1551049140520.jpg (538x221, 68K)

>vergil finally gets the sparda sword

As much as I love these threads and am glad they maintained a pretty consistent level of quality, they're pretty obviously the reason why it seems to be going so slowly.

>Vergil is a villain for sure,
He's an antagonist.

As far as the innocents killed by raising the tower go, Dante and Trish are just as responsible for screwing up the Fortuna situation and causing countless people to get killed by demons for no reason at all. Dante could have nipped all that in the bud right away but he got carried away letting Nero play hero, and Trish really didn't need to give the Order Sparda to find out their true nature.

>you can only be le sjw librul or a proud /pol/ conservative
you know, not everything revolves around this retarded cultural paradigm
you can be a literal commie and still be conservative or just hate the PC liberal culture in general, not everything is so black and white
the whole sjw vs alt right dichotomy occurs on the same neoliberal spectrum and the divide is over culture more than actual political issues

A bunch of anons probably left the threads (and the internet for that matter) to avoid spoilers, so expect shitposting to reach it's peak when the score comes out in the 6th of march

>"It's not time to use the Devil Sword yet"
Are you referring to V's "It's my turn to play with the devil sword" line? Because that is pre-mission 11.

Why are talking about politics?

>he has similarities to griffith or sasuke in ways
Don't ever compare Vergil to fucking Sasuke holy fucking shit

Attached: The ultimate hate.gif (216x150, 1.98M)

>thread almost entirely overrun by rampant discussion on Vergil's moral character
>why are we talking about politics

Attached: 1542145521298.gif (384x206, 2.17M)

i'm surprised at no leaks

review outlets must have the game by now

>tfw dante dealt with his trauma
He hasn't though. He's living so rough even his toilet dosn't flush, the man is a mess that has dedicated himself fully to his job so something like Eva's death can't happen ever again.

Reading about people not being able to finish DMC4's BP always makes me feel slightly happy because it means maybe I'm not as terrible as I think I am considering I can finish it any day, at least with Nero. Anyway, uh, hope you get better at the game!

Attached: 1550962460431.jpg (879x488, 133K)

I'm actually mad. Game journalists are sickening.

They do, but review embargos and things like that. I know some foreign outlets don't give a shit, but still. I'm more shocked about the middle east, you would think we would have a stream going right now, but nothing.

Damn I didn't know vergil was alt-righter or a sjw libtard.
My bad

>I can not erupt, I must explode
oh we talkin about dicks?

>gif
>uses the shitty old leak footage
Just use this instead next time user

Attached: 1549953198421.webm (900x506, 376K)

>Damn I didn't know vergil was alt-righter or a sjw libtard
Vergil would be a libertarian, dummy.

>doesn't give a fuck about humans
>wants to exterminate demons
but why Vergil? what would you leave?
so essentially just what DMC1 Dante did? Did DMC3 Dante just not want to bother or did he not trust Vergil with that power? did he just want hell to stay sealed and not give a fuck about it?
they're very hard games, learn mechanics and cancelling, you'll become fluent enough in 2 DA, 2 Guns and one Style, then once you get comfortable you can change some out for specific parts or just getting gud at them all
there's no great tutorial for getting good at DMC3, only advanced ones, and of course, you're only casual if you give up
if DMC never got a sequel and just stayed a single game it would have sounded bad but would have been fine, like the rest of the bad lines and voice acting
DMC1 just wasn't able to keep up with DMC3 and after how Dante came up with the name for his shop being so good, it makes it look worse in comparison
not to mention it's all but retconned since they went back to Devil May Cry, it was a mistake

>thought the original gif jitter was just some retard unable to hold the camera
>turns out it's deliberate and makes it seem like V has a camera crew filming everything

So is V going to sell the events to some film maker or something? I'm sure he will make a bundle for "The real events of Redgrave city, explore the Nightmare"

Every now and then I go back and look at some of the weapon designs from DmC and just revel in how fucking ugly they are. Who came up with this shit?

Attached: Arbiter.png (774x894, 263K)

in an alternate timeline where after killing arkham Vergil realized he didn't need Sparda's power and that nothing could stop Dante and Vergil if they stayed together, would they be able to defeat Urizen? assuming it's not Vergil
also, since after DMC1 Dante has the Sparda sword and has used his DT, he is as powerful as Sparda, maybe more, so why doesn't he just become the king of hell like his father?
DMC is a bit of a mess, each game has a straightforward enough plot on their own but they conflict sometimes, hope Capcom allow Kamiya and Itsuno to work together on a DMC1 remake, shit would be amazing and we could get Lady in DMC1, probably distrustful of Trish or something

Vergil isn't evil for caring less about humans. He's embracing his demon side. There are people who are ambivalent about animal life and kill them willingly. Doesn't make them evil, they don't relate to fucking animals. Just like an all powerful demon has nothing to relate to a human with.

What's vergil's view on the age of consent?

>but why Vergil? what would you leave?
He was doing it to follow in his father's footsteps and avenge his mother. In the long term it would be better for humanity, even if their wellbeing wasn't his primary motivation.

You know what? Trish is actually pretty fun in SE. I don't she gets credit for how much tech she actually has and how versitile her stuff is. Her fists are waaaay better than gilgi or nu beo. Just...just give her a chance you know? Boot up bloody palace and give her a shot.

V is so cute. I hope we get to keep him.

Sparda was never the king of hell.

So there are all these leaks going around but still NO FUCKING WORD ON TURBO MODE????? IM SCAREDDD

Attached: 1395775516641.jpg (716x534, 112K)

didn't he rule over the demons to keep the peace?

>justified
>he wants power
Also Lady literally fires at Dante and shoots him multiple times, following your logic Dante should have killed her.

Nigger the attack is so sudden that the tower raises after the demons have attacked and that's when they start destroying the city. They then spend the whole night killing everyone in the city and Vergil is well aware of this and doesn't care.

Also Dante swears in the anime/manga. He's a character who swears, he just doesn't do it much.

I still love the literal hulk hands for the "Gauntlets"

Dante saying "devils never cry" after playing 3 just feels wrong and out of place. Technically, 3 is the one making the mistake because it came after, but what Lady says is a thousand times better than what Dante says in 1.

We're still arguing about Vergil character? Jesus, and you brought politics into it too.

Why should Vergil care about humans?

He quietly ruled over the human world. He left the demon world sealed off.

They were always apprehensive on Turbo, which means that no. It's never been in the first release anyway, why are you expecting it?

Attached: 1551008826986.webm (852x480, 1.14M)

>hope Capcom allow Kamiya and Itsuno to work together on a DMC1 remake
I want that to happen just so they can fix the "devils never cry" thing.

When should I stop visiting these threads so I don't get spoiled?

>he wants power
He has reasons for wanting power which justify going to the lengths he does to acquire it.

>following your logic Dante should have killed her.
He could have, and he'd be justified in doing so. Maybe not doing so makes him particularly good, but the opposite isn't bad.

It's boring but it fits DmC's world. I actually would like an axe weapon for Dante but with a better moveset and better design.

Vergil probably doesn't care either way but he seems like a guy into MILFs

In a few hours. I hope, because I want spoilers.

Right around now. Spoilers are inbound. It's only a matter of days.

>that's when they start destroying the city

The tower raises after the city was destroyed and abandoned.

NOW user

Right now

Attached: b1mrc4ugpki21.png (720x782, 578K)

>Dante, Nero, and Vergil are all turbo prettyboys.
>at least in their youth.
> V is ugly.
I can't play as V.

there are no leaks

youtu.be/r1fC5rUSNFc
13:48

it was in the initial PC release of 4. this is the first time the initial launch of the game at all is also the launch on PC. whether or not its on PC would obviously be a factor in what version to get but they WONT FUCKING SAY IF ITS NOT IN AT ALL OR NOT REE

i hope we get vergil spoilers at least, have no info on him is maddening. even if it confirms hes urizen

>DMCucks like to talk about how deep and replayable their games are.
>All these fucking webm's of characters either abusing stunlocked enemies that can't fight back or moves that outright make the character invincible.

Christ you faggots are worst than Sousfags.
At least they accept legitimate criticism to their franchise.

>Tomorow is the last 2-digit countdown
Can you feel it bros? Has it finally sunk in your mind that we are about to play the game?

Attached: that 30 year old boomer who listens to kamelot.png (872x623, 99K)

He says "it's my turn to play with the Devil Sword" and that is before Mission 10.
Get your ears checked.

He says that because he is obviously in the grave where Dante's corpse is.

I mean look at the environment around him. It is literally the same graveyard. he is saying to not unleash the sword because he literally means it; he is going to use it on dante.

Yeah buddy you're too late for the (You)s, try this early next thread

nice legitimate criticism you have there my man, you surely must have played the games to reach this conclusion

Finished playing through 3 and 4 on DMD and just did a casual runthrough of 1 as well.

Should I play 2 just to see if they reference anything in 5? I honestly don't remember a fucking thing from the game.

Just thinking about it blows my mind

Attached: 200% motivated.jpg (388x375, 23K)

H-he'll be fine. He's going to make it.

>At least they accept legitimate criticism to their franchise.
The loud majority think DS3 is good though. Also diffrent genre, friend.

>one guy a while ago (different thread) arguing that blackwashing Morrison is full on Sjw and grounds for boycotting the game
>people try to explain that Morrison was just a side supporting character that only appeared in the anime which most people didn't care about or disliked so it's not that big a deal
>DOESN'T MATTER THE PRINCIPLE IS STILL THE SAME
I mean I don't want to sound like an I'M NOOTRAL fence sitter but why does shit have to be so black and white (no pun intended)? Don't get me wrong I still usually hate it when characters are made non-white or gay or whatever for brownie points.

Attached: uh.jpg (717x720, 33K)

Obviously it won't be, because they only develop Turbo later. If that means it won't be out until a special edition, or for free download is up in the air. But they had to go through an engine change that changed the way they also model shit.

V isn't ugly.

Just do a quickrun on 2, doesn't take a day to finish

is he sick or is he just hacking up enough ink to summon his bird friend? if so, why does he drink ink?

How about you stay a salty little bitch?

Proof?

yeah, seeing as there's still a week til release, guess I have the time

is Lucia's side required playing? or am I fine just playing Dante

Anybody have a link to the vid.

>"it's my turn to play with the Devil Sword"
God, all I can think of with this is
>Mom says it's MY turn to play
V, you sound like a very messed up person.

IT'S IN MISSION 3 YOU DONUT

He is ckearly sick. He is like All-Might, could run and jump, but only for limited amount of time

honestly i found lucia's story better put together overall but it's really not worth playing twice (plus she has some fucking awful underwater parts) for it

What even is this Katamari nonsense?

Attached: veryhard.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Imagine having taste this bad

Attached: 1549678084329.png (898x646, 531K)

>>doesn't give a fuck about humans
>>wants to exterminate demons
>but why Vergil? what would you leave?
Just because he wants to kill demons doesn't automatically mean he's doing it for the altruistic sake of mankind. It's more of a personal vendetta. Most of the time, they're just in his way (the minor ones, anyway. Mundus is responsible for Eva's death).

Attached: Vergil_MvC3_bio.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Is katamari that old?

The V is for very fragile

Attached: quRUBFs.webm (960x540, 1.43M)

alright, thanks user. I'll be hitting up DMC2 then

You see him cracking in the trailer of course he's sick.

dude it's worse than that, this fucking nigger is saying htat 'le anime bartender' morrison was better when the fucker was so boring and bland that i can't even tell you if he had any hobbies at all

Doesn't matter to them. They've seen too many characters changed so they just lump them all together. Best ignore them.

Not really, both have basically the same missions, only difference is Lucia has shorter number of missions than Dante and they both have different final boss fights. If you still have time you can try exploring Lucia's side, I find her DT very cool. Goddamn Itsuno please make her a playable character, I don't care if she doesn't have her own campaign.

Attached: zdxghh2l5ag21.jpg (540x798, 84K)

>Mom says it's MY turn to play
The nobodies in the graveyard were dancing around playing with it. So the line is pretty much the same kinda context.

It was the Nobodies that were dancing around it? I guess that makes sense, since they are the only demon that does dance. I don't know why I was expecting Empusa.

Apparently a year older?

There are no leaks. Also, stop hoping for turbo mode. It will never happen, at least not on consoles, because they can't even handle regular mode without framerate problems.

It'll be PC exclusive. Even if they have a Special Edition somewhere down the line, current consoles still won't be able to handle turbo.

Yeah, 2004 I guess. I always thought of it as a late 2000's game. Like 2008.

I meant to quote

I can certainly see him having no clue what's going on, yes

how the fuck do you attack in the air w/ dante in dmc4 without slamming down fuck this shit

Swordmaster?

Use Swordmaster you goof

swordmaster+B or O

>Dante swears in the anime/manga
I like to think that was translation mistakes to make him edgier or something, considering how hard he avoids swearing ingame (flock off)

holy shit this is dumb i hope 5 will be more like dmc1

Trish would be a much better character if she just had weapon switching.

Honestly as a super far leftist I hate when diversity becomes forced in for brownie points because it makes it apparent that they truly don't care about real equality, just perceived virtue.

It ain't real equality if it's forced.

Way to out yourself.

I love that you can see the X-Y axes from whatever they rendered this image in, in the bottom corner

style switching is even more advanced in DMC5, prepare to get filtered

We haven't seen the full artwork from this wall before have we?

Attached: 20190225_022612.jpg (1415x1080, 559K)

Did you actually play DMC1?

DMC1 had no air moves you turbokek.

That reminds me almost of Mundus, even though it should be reminding me of Vergil cause of the hood. I wonder what the significance is.

It's literally Reuben swearing as him in the English dub, it's not a mistranslation, it's fully intended Dante swear. He doesn't do it much, he doesn't smoke or drink to be cool, but he does swear.

Fuck, but as long as major swearwords don't start bleeding over into the games from Dante's mouth it won't bother me much.

DmC gives me nightmares

He swears in 4 too

Get good retard

She needs a better mechanic. Something unique.

I think most of DmC's edge wasn't actually in the swearing.
Remember "wet chunks?"

Desu game and anime translations tend to be inconsistent and reuben has no problem talking about the bad directing the anime had.

It should also be noted that he's not as vulgar in the sub of the anime. The dub was hilariously low budget with errors all around, and they wouldn't even let Reuben do any retakes even when he insisted on doing it for free. He even asked to be credited under a pseudonym because he wasn't proud of the work he did.
Hell, they turned Jackpot into "bingo"

"Ass" doesn't count as a swearword. He says "piss" in 3 and I think both he and Vergil say "damn". I meant the big boy ones, shit, fuck, bitch etc etc

english is OG actually, while "dub" is japanese, just like with games.

Maybe something with William blake again. Its nice artwork though.

Bloody hell I remember, but to be fair at that point Donte was just trying to rile Muhndus up. Donte's not such a bad character by the end of the game imo

Wait really? Fucking hell

Looks like some skeletal monster is embracing a woman.

How Dante used "ass" doesn't count to me. He used to describe beating Nero if he fails. He uses "pissed" in 4 which is closest to a swear word than anything Damnte has said.