Just played this, what did I think of it?

Just played this, what did I think of it?

Attached: 607_10.jpg (616x353, 226K)

You loved it, but learned that other people hate it, so you have to hate it too.

You thought it was hackneyed piece of shit.

like pottery

Horrible piece of shit that should not be associated with the first two games

this is great

Attached: ah.png (207x207, 25K)

WAIT A MINUTE THAT CARD

You didn't care about anything other than protecting Elizabeth's smile.

The duality of Yea Forums.

FPBP

You found that while the puzzles are hard, the hardest part was finding a point where you felt ready to stop playing it for the day.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 115K)

seriously why did they put this shit at the beginning? I never got past it

One of the greatest linear story based FPS games ever made, and one of Ken Levine's three seminal masterpieces that has helped influence gaming to this day.

This, but unironically.
FPS devs need to just start putting skyrails in their games.

A true masterpiece that will stand the test of time and be spoken of fondly in decades time, a game that developers will use as a benchmark for their own future projects. It was the perfect blend of story and gameplay, the swan song of the last console generation, the apex of the survival horror franchise in a time before fancy BR games when developers actually cared about well written characters and narrative storytelling. No game will ever come close to matching the perfection that is Bioshock Infinite.

Attached: 1530312932883.png (1000x1000, 120K)

Apex has got you senpai

You're felling more smart after playing this game for smart people

I wasn't being ironic. I like System Shock 2 more, but Infinite is honestly one of the greatest games I've ever played.

In what regards? Story? Characters? Gameplay? The only thing I loved was the gameplay, since I never touched the FPS genre before.

I still havent beat that last defence mission. It utterly BTFO's me even on normal despite getting through the rest of the game on hard.

hold the fuck up, Bioshock Infinite was your first FPS? you dun goofed

Attached: bill gates DOOM.jpg (270x250, 9K)

>Story
The plot twist is actually amazing. Elizabeth ISN'T teleporting herself in between dimensions. She's creating almost every reality you go to whenever she opens a tear. (Something that's mentioned during one of the lines of dialogue.) The "would you kindly" twist broke the fourth wall on player agency, the "always a man, always a lighthouse, always a city" twist literally breaks the fourth wall on every storyline in the Shock series, from SS1 to Infinite, and explains why every single character archetype is similar in between universes. A lot of people didn't get that and thought it was some rick and morty ass multiple universes thing you see.
>Characters
Weaker than Bioshock and SS1 + 2 IMO but still pretty good.
>Gameplay
Way more fun than the clunky mess that was Bioshock 1, too many hitscan enemies and cheap spawn points, but not too many complaints otherwise. Still not as deep as SS2 but that game had different goals
Another thing to note is that the pacing is way better than every other Shock game. There aren't terrible fetch quests like reviving the trees in emporia or hunting down eggs in the rickenbacker. The closest it gets is when you have to find the guns in Finkton, but that's still not too bad compared to the other games.
>Atmosphere
Columbia is my favorite setting, although Von Braun and Rapture are obviously also amazing. Probably subjectively what makes me love the game so much.

Parents were avid Christians when I was still a wee lad. They barely even liked me playing Pokemon.

>"always a man, always a lighthouse, always a city"

doesn't apply to SHODAN at all

The ending sucks.

Plot twist is fucking retarded and tried to justify itself in the worst possible way.

Attached: 1548971123665.jpg (780x673, 139K)

Yeah, it would be a stretch to say that there's anything like that in System Shock. Honestly the one major missing gap in Infinite's plot is the whole "archangel" that told Comstock to go and abduct Elizabeth. I think it would be cool if the Archangel was a form of SHODAN that took control of the Von Barun's FTL drive and used became some sort of horrible gnostic being that Comstock went insane looking at. It would tie both series together into a cool loop.

Attached: ntmn1998.jpg (640x547, 197K)

That guy is idiotic though. Would anyone who's gotten an engineering, physics, or natural sciences master actually get mad at Ken Levine for using concepts from pulp and science fiction to tell a story? Besides, most people I've talked to who actual work with particle accelerators, string theory, and the like don't even generally believe in alternate dimensions. It's highly theoretical, like the one electron theorem, and has much more to do with science fiction and fantasy than it does with real life.

>the super powered grill with a connection to the protagonist was already done in the same series, and done better

Ken was a hack

Attached: bubbles.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)