Lose arm trying to (unsuccessfully) evade slavers

>Lose arm trying to (unsuccessfully) evade slavers
>Level up sneaking and lockpicking at night for three days until skill is high enough to escape slave camp.
>3 weeks later, finally enough money to buy prosthetic arm
>Get a crew of niggas and kill the whole camp.

I fucking love this game.

Attached: kenshi_full_battle_image.jpg (2189x1100, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/New_Towns_(Modding)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s pretty great.

I’m doing a Holy Nation playthrough. Women are farming, making, clothes, cooking while the men are training and fighting.

I’m slowly building up a small legion of Paladins and I am still wondering which nation I should try purging first.

Is it similar to Mount and Blade? I've put more 2000 hours into that and its starting to get jarring.

It's basically Mount & Blade in Samurai times.

rape mod when?

It's pretty much Mount and Blade + Rim World

It feels kinda like Mount and Blade + Fallout

>That feel when Holy Nation thought they'd purge you but you and your motley crew of skeletons and outlaw sand ninjas cut them down.

>Last Paladin tries to crawl away. I watch him bleed to death.

This game has brought out the worst in me.

>go to hive village
>reeee get out no-hive!!!!
>stupid gorilla blows my leg
>have to have someone carry me to the village and buy me a cheap leg
this game is great really, but the grind is just damn.
pro tip: use crossbow

I used to go to the jail just to get one of the slaves free so he tried to escape and get beat down, then heal him and watch him try again.

>Spend 40 hours leveling "Martial Arts" because it's "like totally OP"
>Get jumped by Beak Things
>Both leg broken in the battle. Walking forever with a permanent limp. Can't do any martial arts anymore.
>Started a new game.

10/10 game

Attached: kenshi_x64 2019-02-24 13-21-33-30.jpg (1920x1080, 68K)

I need a new idea for a playthrough. Have put probably 80 hours in kenshi in the past year and my final playthrough really burned me out. I got to the point where my faction had built several cities, outposts, slave camps, and I finally reached my ultimate RP goal for that run, which was to take on and conquer the shek kingdoms. What I really wanted to do was install Kraals chosen as the leaders of the shek faction and join them as a vassal but thats not really possible. It's also not really possible to truly take over major cities which ultimately made me take a break from the game. The one thing that would make kenshi better would be a world that reacts better to player actions. I want to be able to join and alter the fate of more minor factions, or to be able to eventually paint the map with my faction. Everytime I go to play again I remember I cant do those things and it makes me lose motivation to play.

damn, op, you actually makes me wnating to watch some gameplay video

i heard it's like mount and blade?

>he fell for it

I love this game to death, but if I want to play it, I pretty much have to have two or three days ahead of me in which I don't have anything I need to do.
The save I had the most fun on had a similar story to yours OP. I started as a free man in the desert cities, but got knocked out pretty much on my first day, and got captured by slavers. Spent maybe a week or so slowly building up stealth, lockpicking, toughness, and assassination in my attempts to escape. Go transferred between every single city and work camp in the desert at least once. The only reason I ever escaped was because eventually one of the slaver convoys that was carrying me got ambushed by sand ninjas, and when the fighting was over, they had more slaves than slavers, so my body got left behind. Since then I have raided every slave camp, and store I can find. My party consists of only slaves that I have freed, or escaped slaves that found me, and asked to join.

is it worth it? I like the idea of an immersive rpg where you can do what you want, but am not huge on strategy (that said I do like mount and blade a lot) also I read steam reviews and a lot complained about it feeling incomplete (and bugs but I'm generally fine with janky games, sometimes makes shit better, or at least charming)

How long did that whole scenario take?
15-20 hours?

Mount and blade minus the political intrigue/indepth faction relations plus base building

>basebuilding

Attached: desire.gif (627x502, 940K)

It's way more of an RPG than a strategy game. If you really like M&B I don't see how you wouldn't like this game.

Attached: 233860_20181228224259_1.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

>political intrigue
>indepth faction relations
>Mount & Blade Warband
Are you from the future? Bannerlord hasn't been released yet in this year.

This is just outside the slaver camp in the middle of the desert, just over the first major dune.

Attached: 20190106174445_1.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

hello fellow walingunderthesunwithadog man

Attached: kenshi_x64 2019-02-24 09-26-01-18.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

It's kind of janky but there is a large collection of things to build from walls and mounted crossbows to industrial buildings and farms.

Attached: 20190121002544_1.jpg (1920x1080, 598K)

Even on low graphics on my toaster, it's a purdy game.

Attached: 20190115014533_1.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>Alternative Start Mod from Steam workshop
Oooh this should be fun

>Choose random slave origin start
I'll work my way up as a slave to take over the wastela-

>Starts me off locked in a cage during an acid rain storm. I die in the cage 20 minutes after I started the game.

Well they do make a point of telling you that the game doesn't care about you, and that you don't get any special treatment that an npc wouldn't get.

Attached: 20190106031845_1.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

welp i'm sold. buying this game now

>I die in the cage 20 minutes after I started
Never forget how privileged you are compared to him

Attached: 45246824562456.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

Attached: 20190115191155_1.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

Post a character that looks like Kenshiro and I'll consider buying it

this is the jankiest game that i have ever bought the instant i found out about it

Attached: 233860_20181214173148_1.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

It has a pretty solid character creator, and you can edit anyone in your party. A generic looking strongman like Kenshiro would be easy as shit to make.

Attached: robbaz female kenshiro.png (343x857, 616K)

pic related
this area was just flat empty plateau before i came
it was originally just going to be a temporary outpost where i could easily recruit cannibals from and i'd be out of there in like a couple in game days tops but then i started running out of food and thought i better set up some food source and then i needed power and a place to rest my injured guys and the like 10 hours later i had this nice little set up. base building is from set building blueprints but the floor is empty and you fill it with whatever you want
the faction interactions in kenshi are barebones compared to MnB. factions only have a leader and no sub lords you can hang out with and earn favor or piss off. you cant hold a feast and invite the golem over to sample your dustwiches while holding off cannibals at the front gate

Attached: 1548638615212.jpg (1920x6480, 2.48M)

my ONLY beef with this game is that you can't kill someone downed enemies. And the mods they to fix this are all shitty. I don't want to remove a "heart" from their inventory to kill them. I want to shove my sword right through them.

Mod the bleed rate to be high as shit so that people are actually capable of fucking dying

>it was originally just going to be a temporary outpost
I'm pretty sure this is how every single one of my towns have started. I never intend on settling anywhere, but it always ends up happening.

Did they ever improve it? I remember aligning walls to be a nightmare. There was also pathing issues if you build on top of a road but that's avoidable at least.

Some of the things the AI does are really smart.
I saw band of dudes get rekt by those giant Skimmer bugs and one of them played dead until the Skimmer went for his buddies and he fucking crawled away until he was far enough to start healing.

And then I knocked him unconscious and sold him to a slaver for 400 caps

>There was also pathing issues if you build on top of a road but that's avoidable at least.
Not if that god damn road is some prime fucking real estate that you absolutely need to build on
Fuck roads and fuck pathing

the workshop solves any 'incomplete' feeling areas

where the fuck is inquisitor valtena? I can't find him

>game has been made lovingly for years
>with no resources
>super janky but ideas and execution are sound
>team needs money, time, and talent to remake the same game better

someone help

I've played dozens of hours and still haven't built a single thing. Just exploring and roaming the world is really fun.

It's funny I would always think "man this game would be amazing with a AAA budget" but I immediately come to my senses and realize it would be complete garbage.

>he doesnt know that martial arts is about running away, kicking someone's head off, and then running some more

it doesn't need anywhere near approaching an AAA budget

it does need like two million dollars

this is probably a "lack of trying" instance because I bet someone like Paradox or Devolver would give this developer money.

>Install 245 recruitment mod.
>Recruit 245 outlaw mercenaries
>Start approaching Blister Hill with my crew.
>"Alarm is Raised"

These are the gaming moments I live for.

>Boss! It's the 'Gang of 246'!
>"So they've finally come..."

>game seems like you can do almost anything based of the comments
What is this game exactly like Yea Forums? Similar to skyrim?

You are set in a world and the game treats you like it would treat any other NPC. Go do whatever the fuck you want.

It's been months now, where are the goddamn rape mods?

>you can do almost anything

not remotely whatsoever

Same as said but an important distinction is that there is no story at all. No real quests (though there are some simple mods for this). It's a great role playing game but not great if you need to be spoon fed a story.

Can you control your guy directly in this? I appreciate direct control over 'commanding your character to do things'
some quick footage I looked at looked rathe RTS'y in controls.
people say it's like mount and blade but my favourite part of mount and blade is I am directly controlling my character, instead of right clicking him to go over there.

it should be thought of more in the vein of a sim or strategy game, the game is not about direct visceral control

Is it possible to play the game as a loner and not controlling a lot of characters? From what i seen most of these got tons of controlled characters

Seems interesting enough, just finished DQ11 and kh3 , 2 story heavy games so I don't need a story. What about mount and blade ? I see it mentioned here too

the fuck were all the mount and blade comparisons about then? it looks closer to diablo or a straight up RTS.

Yes. It's entirely possible to never recruit a single follower. Bit harder in the early game, but you'll actually become far more godlike this way.

I sort of hate it because there's literally nothing to do.

Combat is automated click on guy to attack style
I’d kill for a Kenshi mod for M&B with the world and factions
Also I’d kill for a M&B mod for Kenshi

>What about mount and blade ?
What about it? If you haven't played it yet then what the FUCK are you STILL doing here nigger, get your ass out of here and go buy and play Warband right this fucking instant.

It can be a little bit more than that if you want. You can micromanage your positioning, as well as your blocking if you like.

I have never seen a game more suited for lewd mods.

They compare it to mount and blade single player conceptually, not combat wise. You get dropped into a world as a lone faggot and end up with a kingdom destroying army of sword lords.

Mount and blade seems like an interesting politix game and kenshi seems heavily advertised to you being some npc and not a chosen. I'll pirate and see if I like them before buying. Man an I wanted to take a break from gaming too

>pirating kenshi with no intent to buy it
>lying about possibly buying it

if you pirate games like this yer scum

I think the kenshi general on /vg/ has mega links in the op if you want to pirate as well as all the steam workshop mods

Mount and Blade isn't really a politics game, play CK2 for that, Mount and Blade is a fucking mongols in the ass with mass cavalry charges game.

Kenshi actually offers a free trial version. No need to pirate it if you're the kind of person who is willing to spend money on a game you like. If you were never planning on buying in the first place, then it's whatever I guess. Just thought I'd mention it.

Is there any reason to play this if I didn't like Mount&Blade?

I wish the game wasn't so fucking boring to play because damn if it isn't a fantastic setting, aesthetics, potential rp, etc.

>game looks like ass and play like a clunky version of Fallout Tactics
>Stutters on a core I5 8600k and a GTX 1070ti
I wonder what they meant by this

Attached: __original_drawn_by_kikurage_crayon_arts__74f16f440c0036173e31199cd8d01970.jpg (800x1000, 137K)

the powerlessness to power aspect is the same, kenshi doesnt have active combat though, the characters do their own fighting based on their stats

>play like a clunky version of Fallout Tactics
But this is objectively incorrect.

I didn't dislike M&B, but I don't really get what all the hype is about. I built up a pretty huge army, and took over a fairly large portion of the map, and got to the point where I said to myself "I guess all that is left is a lot more of this" so I just considered it beaten. I've tried to play again a few times since then, and always get pretty bored early on.
I love Kenshi.
Take that as you will.

What kind of pills are those?

>play like a clunky version of Fallout Tactics
Are you sure you're in the right thread?

>$3500 Gaming PC
>Kenshi constantly loading and rendering
>Constant pop-ins
>All potato tier textures anyway
>Graphics card fans running like the whole tower is melting down.

If you ignore all elements of gameplay sure it's similar to Mount & Blade.

>Kenshi Thread
Aw yiss

Attached: 20181220193554_1.jpg (1360x768, 325K)

Combined oral contraceptive pill

>Start playing Kenshi
>Have no idea what the fuck to do

I'm sure there's a good game in there but it really just throws you into the deep end of the pool.

Attached: all those watermelons.jpg (1440x900, 46K)

Is taking it considered erotic?
Because it looks erotic

Does the real game run better than the demo, or at least have more options?

Not sure about the options, but as far as I know, the demo is the full game, just with a bunch of locks preventing you from doing a whole ton.
I only played enough of the demo version to make sure it would run on my toaster, and I bought it pretty quickly.

Figuring out what the fuck is going on is the best part.

Survive.
Anything else beyond that is up to you.

Is there any way to change the DX level?

I guess so? But I'm in kind of a shitty starting area so there's not even anything interesting except a few desolate bars and an empty wasteland with roaming marauders. Or is that about standard?

Start off small
Follow some patrolling Samurai's around until you get the hang of fighting.

Turn in any unconscious rebel farmers into slavers for cash.

Your only option is to suck it.
You might be able to change it using steam launch options, but I do not actually know.

Attached: DX2.jpg (475x351, 26K)

I'm assuming you're in the hub. Get out. Chose a direction, and go. The only thing worth a damn in the hub is the shinobi tower, which is well worth the 10,000 it costs to join.

I think you're right. Well, time to start it up and try to avoid marauders with my somewhat creepy new friend.

Oh, I did forget. The bar in the Hub has Hobbs, who is a free recruit if you listen to, and go along with his bullshit story. He isn't important, or particularly strong, but he is free.
I actually like the hub despite it being a next to worthless shithole. On my first save I wasted a LOT of time buying up property in the hub, and building it up. This was a terrible mistake. Any other town in the game that you are welcome in will allow you to progress far, far quicker.

Doesn't anyone have a link to that mod where NPCs that have less than 35 Head health constantly go "DuRrR DuRur"?

Yeah I found Hobbs already.

I went north and the first town I found murdered me for being nonhuman. Is the game significantly harder if I'm nonhuman? Should I just reroll?

Wait this game is not permadeath is it? You start off with a character and then recruit and try to survive as long as you alive? Or is it more traditional rpg style game like peopel keep saying how it's m&b lite

im not sure, but if you use the in-game options from this link, you could possibly change the ownership of the buildings in towns after you wreck the inhabitants in-game

kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/New_Towns_(Modding)

literally nothing to fucking do

It has permadeath but it's really hard to die. If you take too much damage, you pass out and enemies move on to the other characters that are still standing.

The shitty part is solo'ing and then getting your limbs broken or cut off. That shit is permanent and ruins the game forever.

>if I want to play it, I pretty much have to have two or three days ahead of me in which I don't have anything I need to do.
this. thats the biggest problem with it, but it wouldnt be such a great game without the necessary time sink and mental investment involved. so its not really a problem with the game, just a problem with my ability to play it consistently

I think the holy nation is the only group that has any major problem with you being non-human. It seems that most people who play this game end up going against them even if they are human males, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. My first save was as a hiver, and I didn't have too much trouble. It is a little more difficult, but in the end that difficulty with give you strength.
This is one of those games that I restart all the time, so I won't say no to restarting, but I do say no to restarting because if this reason. I just tend to find the early game much more fun.
It is possible to get a game over, but if you have anyone left in your party, you can keep going. It's actually kind of hard to actually have everyone die. Sometimes getting your party annihilated is a good thing though, because it actually adds to your story, and since this is the kind of game where your story writes itself every game, I feel that adds to the game.

>Turn in any unconscious rebel farmers into slavers for cash.
Does that affect any kind of reputation system negatively or what. Cause I would do that

Attached: 56345345.png (611x360, 382K)

Nope. Easy money.
Also, if anyone has a bounty on their head, you can turn them into the appropriate government's police, and receive a much better reward, as well as a reputation bonus.
I highly recommend the mod that makes there be far more bounties.
I actually recommend anyone who plays this game to go through the workshop and grab a lot of the most popular mods. On your second run that is. Maybe a few on the first if there are things that bother you, but it's always a good idea to get an idea of what vanilla is like first.

Yeah I always play a clean run first go, most mod I find for games are just straight up cheats

post specs

Adam?

There's a pretty good bouncing boobs mod for this game.