Physicalfags, how do you refute this?

physicalfags, how do you refute this?

Attached: avgnwhatsthepoint.png (981x669, 844K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nihilismfags can go eat a bullet

>all that wasted plastic when you could fit AVGN's entire gameroom in a single HD

ecelebs go in

Servers will be dust one day too
You'll be dust one day too
Feel free to expedite the process

Attached: 1484875105713.png (384x445, 177K)

>You'll be dust one day too
nah im not getting cremated

At the very least, it's something to look back on. I almost feel sorry for download fags. Every now and then I'll unearth something I totally forgot about, whether it's music, movies or games. Physical is so much more fun in the long run than downloads or streaming.

That your servers and hard drives will probably die first.

Good thing I'm not a cloudmoron that relies on servers to use a computer.
Consoles will be nothing but streaming boxes in two generation tops by the way.

shut the fuck up

Why do anything if you're gonna die?

Fun Fact: he lost most of his collection due to some nigger trashing his place, hence why his room background looks shopped

nigger you've got so many avgn pics saved you use it as a fucking prefix, don't pretend this is anything but an eceleb thread

So will you.

>not hosting your server on a cloud
>not uploading yourself to the cloud

Attached: cloud_smiling_lineart.png (563x413, 35K)

You know the cloud is hosted on servers, right?

It won’t be dust in my lifetime. I also don’t have to worry about some server going down and I can’t access shit I bought 30 years from now. Also physical is cheaper unless it’s on PC. Only retards buy digital for consoles. It’s only acceptable in exclusives, DLC, and buying significantly older games (eg PS1) especially if the original release is expensive on the aftermarket.

Well I mean I can always just move the files onto a new hard drive. As long as we have ubuntu 9/10 I have a means to play older games since microsoft make it a point to fuck up older titles.

>paying people to privilege to hold your 1s and 0s hostage.

Hoarders are retarded

I'll already be dust by the time that happens

I'll be dust long before they are. By that logic it's a better investment then something like a gym membership.

>why own anything it will all be dust one day

That’s not an argument.

>he hasn’t gone serverless

you're all gonna be dust one day, just like this 5

I am a physicalfag but in my defense I don’t fall for every mediocre meme game in existence. I tend to have only 5-15 games per console instead of hoarding tons of shit.

PC games I go digital tho.

whatever

/thread

i'll be dead by then

I don't know, I have some consoles connected to my tv but I just use my tvbox to play 99% of the times

fpbp

I know people like this IRL. They have huge bookshelves with every console, and more bookshelves with dozens upon dozes of copies of games for each one. It's a massive waste of money and space. Like I get it, I love the real hardware too, but all you need in a perfect world is a CRT and pixel accurate emulators. Voila. You now get a better experience than the physical hardware and the only thing you're missing is the physical nostalgic connection you have to using the originals. Ie - slapping a cartridge into a console, flipping the power switch etc.

TLDR - emulation and a proper display is the best way to go in 2019

>I don't have a lot of money so I'll decide what's right and wrong

Attached: 1329307251870.jpg (721x721, 233K)

>PC games I go digital tho.
Because you have no choice. I'll always go physical on consoles because I have the choice.
This. My condolences go out to all the casuals who threw out their CRT when broadcast TV went all-digital.

I keep jack shit but I think collections are pretty cool. You're right there's not much other reasons for it.

Might as well use that logic for any collection, from books to cars to shoes.

I'll be dead by the time my physical collection stops working, so I don't care.

What is the equivalent for digital games that sit untouched on hard drives?

original hardware will always be the better experience, the only exception being something like the SNES and NES mini consoles, but then in a way they're also original hardware. 100% effective emulation + a 100% original-like controller is hard to achieve, even for ancient consoles.

Emulators are for poorfags, collections are for autists and retards. Flashcarts and burned discs are the true /vr/ master race.

Attached: 1550574221703.png (100x100, 28K)

Piracy never produces games. It's a dead end.

Something that never perishes and will always run at 100% efficiency with no rogue scratches or mold to ruin it.

It'll be dust, but not in my lifetime.

>mini consoles
Are you retarded? Those are just Raspberry Pi's running emulators, you're paying for a plastic case.

>Are you retarded?
no
>Those are just Raspberry Pi's running emulators
also no, everything from the pcb and chipset to the ports is custom made. Also the most important part when it comes to the experience, the controller, is a faithful copy of the one for the original NES/SNES.

>flash carts
Enjoy that corrupted data
>burned discs
Yeah good I love keeping plastic that will last like 5 fucking years max.

You support developers when you buy mini-consoles though

There glorified fucking raspberry pi nigger. You can get near authentic usb controllers similar to whatever console your trying to fucking play and most importantly is it really more important to play with "Authentic controllers" when in reality most of these fucking consoles can be played with a 360 pad just fine with almost no hassle?
t.owns a n64 controller usb.

They literally run the same emulators you can install on a RPI for free without the added restrictions like a tiny library or having just one emulator to begin with.

very much true but there's always "something" when it comes to emulation. This was my original point. Things are always """""almost"""" identical to the original, instead of just identical or better. The only situation when I've felt that emulation is the same if not better than the original stuff is GC/Wii on the PC because of the ability to get better resolutions and use controllers that are the same if not better with absolutely no lag. But, as I said, that's rare to achieve.

>What's the point? It's all gonna be sold by my daughter when I die
FTFY.

>not leaving something to benefit your children
why even live

No his wife doesn't want him filming in his own basement anymore because of the kids she could just go take somewhere if she doesn't want to hear his scripted yelling and swearing. Why the fuck did he have to marry that ugly bitch?

You said the "exception" is mini consoles even though they run literally the same open source emulators anyone uses, it's pure placebo on your part.

DONT HANG ON NOW
NOTHIN LASTS FOREVER BUT THE EARTH AND SKY
IT SLIPS AWAY
AND ALL YOUR MONEY WONT ANOTHER MINUTE BUY

You know that's from like a 7 year old ep, right? Also he photo shops shit when he forgot something or something is in the shot that shouldn't be. He shops it out rather than refilm

software emulation for NES works 100% accurately on almost any potato you can imagine, but the OG controller, oddly, is very hard to copy. The mini consoles do it well.

Retard

>b-but what if they stop making retro games?!
LOL

Coping poorfag or autistic collector?

All episodes he makes now are done behind a greenscreen in a set, he's not allowed to film in his own basement anymore.

Just buy the actual controller and a USB adapter nigga

then just buy the fucking controller

/thread

Attached: Good shit no juitsu.gif (420x315, 1.99M)

I remember doing this a couple of times but, as I said, there's always "something". Sometimes is input lag, other times it's config issues (and sometimes both). I find it really frustrating really, having to boot ancient hardware to play some games properly, but emulation fails to me once and again. Usually I just concede and deal with the inaccuracies bc I'm not autistic, but I get people that don't and prefer to keep the original hardware running.

the mini consoles are the same shit. they are not original hardware.

Building a 800+ computer, paying for accesories, etc, etc isn't something a normal poorfag can do without saving up alot.
I am a poorfag though just not dirt poor. Probably around the under middle class range.

see

I will be dust one day. Suck my dick.

>lol it just works differently when I attach the controller to the mini

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

The mini consoles are just raspberry pis. They use the same hardware and emulators as everything else. They do not magically eliminate input lag and make it exactly like original hardware.

based pedophile illya poster

Actually Everdrive is the best of both worlds, but I agree on the shelves of 8bit games opinion. Are you going be like 40 one day and decide to spend a weekend playing Ice Hockey on NES

If that's true that's really sad.
Like, soul sucking, magic-losing sad.

Reminder that AVGN is a filmfag, NOT a gamer. He just played a bunch of boomer games as a kid.

Doesn't he suck at film?
How can people stand to hear fuck or shit a dozen times in one video, let alone 100+?

Weird, i don't ser you posting this on a Giant Bomb thread