>give meat to see if it would react
>ate it and wiggles his tail
>qt
>played with it more and tried palying fetch with bird drumstick
>he seems pleased
>suddenly it starts to walk away
>what's the matter doggo?
>unexpectedly leads me to buried chest with 100 rupees
What the fuck Yea Forums? Why would you tell me this game sucked? I've never played a game with this much soul in a long time

Attached: images (33).jpg (739x415, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Arrow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

grafix bad
no like old game
new game bad, old good

because it's popular so its bad
where do you think you are? no one here actually likes video games

Because that's not a unique mechanic and having a dog lead you to treasure is something that video games have been doing for decades.

The only way you'll find this amazing is if you have not played an open world game since like 2002.
Also
>100 rupees
>Implying rupees are useful for anything in the game
Lmao

>no option to pet the doggo
I'm not even being a contradictory asshole here, I've been disappointed at the lack of this since the day it released.

Name 6 gorillon games that does this

So? Nobody said anything to the contrary.

>He doesn't buy literally everything, everywhere

This also Hateno village is like the only good village in the game. I was actually excited after going through that town with all it's sidequests and hidden things and then i reach the other towns and they were all lacking or boring in comparison. A real shame.

>Literally buying useless trash
The only item that is really worth buying are arrows.

You need money to buy clothes and getting all the clothes is the ultimate goal of any game that has any amount of clothes in it.

>that one beach side town that has basically nothing in it
what a let down

>Implying rupees are useful for anything in the game

It's one on the only Zelda games besides the original with significant money sinks. They really matter and you'll want as many as you can get.

>soul

>game has barely any music
>Hateno music plays
Wtf Yea Forums I thought I was supposed to hate this game?

>I was actually excited after going through that town with all it's sidequests and hidden things and then i reach the other towns and they were all lacking or boring in comparison

That actually completely false and the reverse of what's the case. Hateno actually has the least meaningful sidequests of any of the villages, it's just that you have to complete the divine beast quests to actually unlock the sidequests in the other villages, though that is lame in itself.

Just buy the Soldier set and be done with it. The only useful armor with the barbarian set.

Yeah, to waste on what? Upgrqding armor? You don't need the upgrades.

> The only useful armor

It's inferior to the guardian set in every way, except looks.

The Ancient set is not worth the effort. With how piss easy the game is you don't need that much protection.

Mini games?
Ingredients?
Arrows?

>game is piss easy
>ancient set is too much effort
You contradicted yourself

>he gets bodied by guardians often enough to need guardian armor

>le doggo pupper xd
please please please fucking kill yourself holy fuck

>Minigames
That give you more rupees. No other rewards.
>Ingridients.
Useless for the most part. The best one can be found on the wild.
>Arrow
Sure, but they are not worth hundreds of rupees, just kill.some Yiga. Plus if you you have more money that arrows the merchan has, you can't buy more. So enjoy restocking like 20 arrows every time you can. Unless you want to go to the other villages to get more arrows, wich you won't because loading times.
Also learn to read.

who hurt you? also
D O G G O
O
G
G
O

I cant think of many games that do that at all

>you don't need that much protection

If gives you exactly the same protection as the soldier set, but with additional guardian resist.

>Bring minecart from Death Mountain to the golf range
>Scoop ball with minecart
>Deposit in hole
>Counts as a hole in one
ez

I deposited my balls in your moms hole

>The best one can be found on the wild.
Most shit can be found in the wild, the point of shops is to get immediate resources rather than waste a shitton of time. Also,
>Yiga
>arrows
I can tell you haven't even played this fucking game.

Great Fairys and armor costs money user.

Wich is useless because on-shoting guardians is extremely easy.

How do you one shot them? Parrying the laser only takes out 1/4 of their health

>resources rather than waste a shitton of time
Yeah, surely you bough a lot of bananas and durians from the shops.
>I can tell you haven't even played this fucking game.
I was taling that you can just kill a Yiga, get the rupees and buy the arrows. You don't even need a thousand rupees to buy arrows. And it woulnd't matter anyways because the supply is always scarce.
Fucking retard I have 100 hours in BotW.

>That give you more rupees. No other rewards.
You need to be bribed to play the game?
>The best one can be found on the wild.
Not reliably
>Sure, but they are not worth hundreds of rupees, just kill.some Yiga
Yiga don't even give arrows. They give BOWS. Not to mention the fact that the best way to kill Yiga is with ARROWS because they teleport all the time.

If the parried laser hits their eye it's an instant kill. If it hits anywhere else on their bodies it does less damage.

>Ride to guardian
>Jump from horse
>Fire ancient arrow in slow-mo
>Guardian dies
That is it.

>on-shoting guardians is extremely easy.
Okay, Mr. 1337 MLG gamer, how do you one-shot guardians? Because not even ancient weapons can do that.

Shoot ancient arrow in the eye.

>pet the doggo
Why stop there?

Attached: I just downloaded this GIF from Tumblr after searching with Microsoft Bing, my sincere apologies for (245x280, 1.87M)

>useful
Fuck off, this is fashion.

>just use the super rare item bro

>You need to be bribed to play the game?
Why would I play minigames that have worthless prizes?
>Not reliably
Just go to the jungle region. Dozens of bananas and durians wich are way more useful than any other ingredient.

I want a purple hylian retriever as a pet

Attached: 1516017903603.jpg (1156x1200, 69K)

>Super rare
lmao

I'm sure you very naturally figured that out all on your own

>Why would I play minigames that have worthless prizes?
For fun? You know, the reason people play video games in the first place
> Dozens of bananas and durians wich are way more useful than any other ingredient.
They can't give stamina, defense, stealth, resistance to cold, resistance to heat, resistance to lightning, or resistance to catching fire

>lmao
This supposed to be an argument?

??
I did not even figure anything out, i was just playing around with the dog and was unexpectedly rewarded for taking my time to befriend it.

>Game has food
>Game has dogs
>Never occurs to you once that these things could go together
Use what little brain power you have to imagine I attached a brainlet wojak to this post.
Hopefully the effort will kill you.

>What the fuck Yea Forums? Why would you tell me this game sucked?
It's a mystery

Attached: 1504808625285.png (877x5026, 3.33M)

The ancient armor set is easier to fully upgrade, makin it superior to the soldier gear in every way.

I can't discuss this game with someone that thinks ancient arrows are super rare.
Did you play the game?

man snoyboys sure hate fun dont they

Attached: PS4Wojak1.png (960x720, 49K)

Amazing:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask

Great:
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

Good:
The Wind Waker
The Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
A Link Between Worlds

Ok:
Twilight Princess
Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Bad:
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword

>soul
>recycled shrines
>recycled enemies types (with different colors)
>3 enemy types (bokoblins, lynels, guardians)
>recycled main dungeon bosses
>shitty last boss (again)
>shitty fetch side-quests
lol

>No dedicated pet button
>Can't tame wild wolves into hunting buddies even though the Wolf Link AI already exists in-game
>Can't make fox friends by feeding them meat, they always run away from you
It's S H I T

Did you just copy one of the reviews from verbatim?

Yes, I did. Did you?

Attached: 20190224_213117[1].jpg (2048x1152, 620K)

>That finger
I think I'm going to puke

Attached: 1363922699205.gif (500x375, 221K)

I think BOTW just caters to a different crowd than regular Zelda. It wasn't really for me. But at the same time I didn't really enjoy skyward sword either so maybe a change up was good for the series. OOT and MM are my two favourite video games so not really sure what I want from Zelda in the modern times. I liked that link between worlds games on 3ds but it felt very short and extremely easy. Not that Zelda games are every particularly hard anyways I suppose. I just hope the botw sequel is not an exact copy of botw just in a different map. I hope they continue to try and change up the series.

>puking from a nonwhite finger
Imagine being this thin skinned

Attached: 1519431042042.png (508x610, 24K)

HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT THE MODERATE TEST OF STRENGTH
WHY DO THESE MIDGET GUARDIANS TAKE ALL MY HEARTS WITH ONE HIT

better than being brown skinned

It's mostly because of how fat and bent out of shape it is. Skin color has nothing to do with it, it just looks like a lump of cancer.

You have to be an idiot not to realize that ancient arrows means easy Guardian kill, easy Guardian kill means ancient parts, ancient parts means more ancient arrows

>The only way you'll find this amazing is if you have not played an open world game since like 2002.
Basically this.

Learn to dodge. If they do an horizontal swipe, jump backward, if they do a vertical swipe, dodge to the left and right. Tests of Strenghts are easy as fuck

>Can't pet doggo

Attached: E3B70FED-BCD8-45D2-8C36-A4B0F1140924.gif (500x374, 2.01M)

Too bad it has a gorillion health and takes 10 thousand flurry rushes to kill

Come back with better weapons, then

HEY BUDDY I agree with this list AND THERE"S NOTHIN' YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. CAPEESH?

>fat
It isn't fat at all

>niggers ruin everything they touch
I'm a more productive member of society than you.

The game would've been a million times better if they scrapped the whole shrine meme for a better progression system like good lord this is worst than the usual Ubisoft feathers meme

Am I doing this game in the wrong order?

I went
Plateau > Neclada > Karakiko > Hateno > Farron > Lanaryu > Akkala > Forest > Gerudo

Not finished the game yet.

>get no loot, making the encounter worthless
Yikes...

Amazing:
Ocarina of Time
Breath of the Wild
The Wind Waker
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons

Great:
Four Swords Adventures
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds
Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword

Good:
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
The Minish Cap
Spirit Tracks
Four Swords
Hyrule Warriors

Ok:
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Phantom Hourglass
Link's Crossbow Training

Bad:
Tri Force Heroes

You get loot.

>>get no loot
You get Ancient Materials

Play in master mode. You need rupees to get shit done.

guardians drop loot, even when hit by ancient arrows

>ur an idiot
Ad hom =/= argument, chief

>Playing a Master Mode that is the same exact game just enemies with a gorillion health.

>arrows
>armor
>great fairies
>ancient items

If you're playing Master Mode by still doing Flurry Rushes and breaking your weapons then you're literally hitting your head against a wall, playing the game wrong. Her's a challenge: There's a white-maned crusher lynel on the Great Plateau in Master Mode. Go start a new file, and kill it. You are not allowed to use amiibos or enter shrines.

God this is pathetic. This is why userscores can't be taken seriously. Not that proper reviews are any better.

Attached: 1304164918075.jpg (640x363, 25K)

Ancient arrows will deal 500 damage if you get them in the "eye" while they're aiming.
If you're fighting a guardian that has legs, you gotta chop them off first. Once you have ancient arrows, the stationary guardians are as good as dead so long as you're in range and don't have parkinsons.

>When the dogo sneezes when it's snowing
>When the dogo is chasing after its own tail
SOUL

Attached: 1239965054046.png (191x234, 7K)

>Fighting the same enemie I have beat a dozen times but this time it has 99999999 health.
The point is that it's the same game. No new enemies, no new shrines, no nothing.

This makes killing the flying variant a pain in the ass, since they bob around the beam won't hit most of the time

To me this game has the best first 10-15 hours of any game I've ever played. After that you realize there is very little unique content, and a ton of shit is copy and pasted and there is very little reason to keep playing for more than 20 or so hours, unless you really want too beat the main quest.

fable

I don't really have any problems with your rankings but I think tri force heroes, crossbow training and hyrule warriors should not really be included in the series rankings.

I just came to the realisation that BotW's combat and weapon system is basically deadrising: zelda edition

So you admit you aven't gotten gud.

The biggest faggots are classic Zelda fans. They can’t handle seeing their series grow into something amazing, they just want the same bullshit linearity simply because muh dungeons. I was there for all the classics, they’re great, but don’t shit on this literal masterpiece because you’re held up in the past. Newsflash: Breath of the Wild 2 will have dungeons. They just needed to iron out the (amazing) scale, freedom, and exploration first.

Zelda hasnt been really great since the n64 games desu. Its not that the other games are bad or anything but they are not on the same level as n64 zeldas.

Why do young people like the two DS zelda games? They are both awful

lol

>REEEE WORDS MAKE ME ANGRYYYY

And the people who do aren’t here.
Because holy fuck has Yea Forums been slow today

The only thing you produce is shit and HIV virions, and you run to the jannies anytime someone calls you a name. Pathetic.

I'm counting Zelda games for Nintendo consoles, so spinoffs count too. Hence I'm not including the CD-i games, and the Tingle DS games either because they're not really Legend of Zelda games, they don't even take place in seemingly the same universe. And I can't rank the Satteliview game because I know next to nothing about it.

>putting skyward sword above minish cap, links awakening, and a link to the past

Attached: 1551045507371.jpg (375x375, 31K)

Protip: once you have the sheikah censor, put chests on it so you don't have to waste meat on dogs

The main appeal is not so much the Guardian defense bonus, but rather, the Guardian weapon buff set bonus. This bonus stacks with a regular attack buff, and ++Guardian weapons are piss easy to farm and strong as fuck as-is, so the end result is you can do stupidly high damage. This is on top of it sharing the highest defense in the game with the Soldier's Set and the Wild Set. It's also one of the easiest sets to upgrade.

yeah but you can't *pet* the dog

But I don't hate modern zelda. I played botw for like 100 hrs. I just think the n64 games were much better

Pretty much half the map had basically nothing in it. I spent a good bit of time in the upper/central eastern section of the map, which is pretty densely packed with stuff. This set an awful tone for the rest of the game, however, since the bottom and west side of the map is barren and boring as fuck.

no moons. shit game.

The cdi zelda games have more likeable and memorable characters than any of the main zelda games desu.

Worst part just control + F “Sony” “PS4” and “PlayStation”
There’s literally like 60 retards that range between Sonyfan6969 to “0/ 10 Not on PlayStation/ PS4”

incorrect, there are two (2) moons

>break a global rule
>I DINDU NUFFIN I WAS A GOOD BOY
It's funny how you talk trash about me when you're an actual white dindu. I didn't even report you, brainlet.

>ignoring the second half of his post where he makes an argument that proves you wrong
lmao

I hope for BOTW 2 it’s basically dead rising but has some Zelda throw in
I want to make more goofy weapons that actually work

if they do dungeons like they did the last one for the DLC, and i'm pretty sure they will, then it'll be perfect. The only thing I want in a BotW sequel, is more interaction with NPCs ala-Majora's Mask, a,d, burn me for it if you want, a bit more story/narration. I know it goes against the open world meme philosophy, but they can't do something disjointed like memories again, it just doesn't work to make the player feel concerned about the world. So either bet it all on NPCs, or add a bit more story (but not too much, it's Zelda, I mean.).

Oh, and go all out on the geography. Do a Monolith Soft. Not TOO MUCH as well, it should still be Zelda, but add a bit more fantasy. Zora's Domain was probably the best part, and it smells Monolith Soft down to how the mountains and the path were beautiful crafted. I bet they handled that part.

Attached: 1542923250795.jpg (2132x1200, 1.28M)

Kill yourself oldman

Yes, that's right. Because Link's Awakening to me felt like an unfinished prototype for the Oracle Games, Minish Cap never gripped me and fighting bosses that were just the same common enemies except you're small now, plus the sheer gacha collectathon towards the end is exhausting. Even the Oracle games weren't that bad with gasha seeds. And A Link to the Past has always just been sort of meh to me, it never really stood out to me in any way. The Palace of the Four Sword in the GBA remake was nice, but the base game is bland.

Skyward Sword on the other hand while I have issues with the story and Fi, the combat is entertaining and can be tricky on Hero Mode, and the dungeons are fun and bosses memorable and exploitable to cheese quickly, in which you are rewarded in things like the Lightning Round. I replayed it recently and I still like it, even despite Fi's annoyances.

BOTW2 should be like RDR2, gritty and hyper-realistic take on the Zelda world. Now that would be fucking phenomenal, not this kiddie shit.

>his
lol
>he makes an argument
LMOA

Golf range?

Why do zoomers love boring open worlds and crafting so much? God I hate this shit in all modern games.

Glide down into the giant ravine near the Rito village. You'll find a Goron there that'll give you a sledgehammer to play a boulder golf minigame.

>ancient arrows means easy Guardian kill, easy Guardian kill means ancient parts, ancient parts means more ancient arrows
what exactly is this then, retard?

>The biggest faggots are classic Zelda fans.
>linearity

Please troll better.

>Oh, and go all out on the geography. Do a Monolith Soft.
user.......... Who do you think made BoTW's overworld? Xenoblade 2 was made by a literal skeleton crew, most of Monolith was working on BoTW.

>walky guardian boi lasers you
>fly 50 feet and roll down a hill while he targets you again
>get up
>less than a second to react before he fires another laser in your face
>while bobbing and weaving like mick jager so it's impossible to aim an arrow at his eye in a half second window
it's way too easy to get buttfucked by guardians if there's a hill nearby thanks to the broken ragdoll physics

>Doggo
Hard yikes, smells like 40-year-old tech startup millennial in here.

BOTW is a good game though, avoided it for being 'overrated' but it turned out to be amazing.

The storyline is literally magical time controlling Elf boy with the help of magic goddess elf girl kill evil and has been for almost 40 years.
You’re better off creating a completely different game

oh and btw :^)

Attached: gayluigi.png (1437x342, 23K)

I always wondered, could you get one of those Shrine Orbs and put it in the hole near Kakariko village? Instead of being far enough into the game to do the related quest, I mean.

Same questions about the little door keys you get in the Shrines, I wonder if they're useable in other shrines

Attached: 1490202674652.png (488x470, 258K)

Daggerfall was from 96 and is far more empty with much bigger expanses of nothing. It literally takes an afternoon of IRL time to get through one

Except that requires you to already have ancient arrows, and you aren't guarunteed to get the parts you need. You're the one that's retarded, faggotron. Not to mention the fact that Guardians have longer range than your bow AND the fact that most areas have more than one guardian that can shoot you

I only like the zelda games involving time travel of some sort. OOT, MM and Oracle of Ages.

Kills with Ancient Arrows don’t drop any loot retard

Attached: 69FA8797-0ABA-4F4F-876C-5B4AACA54CC4.gif (720x405, 749K)

>mick jager
Mick Jaeger, holy fuck.

You can bring one there, but it won't open the door. The orbs are not interchangable.

>tfw I like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and think Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword is garbage

I'm not a pc gamer.

Not if you follow the timelines-lore and the secret horrors found in Majora's Mask. There's darkness that can be lampshaded.

yeah man zelda should have a gun too, instead of this dumb master sword shit
the guardians have lasers, there's no reason why zelda shouldn't be able to have something like spartan armor and a needler
needs online multiplayer too, c'mon nintendo get with the time

I respect your opinion. I still consider Seasons to be superior to Ages, but time travel really allows the series to push itself beyond any other game.

I'm a classic Zelda fan in the sense that I've been waiting for a Zelda title to bear at least some semblance to the original LoZ for well over 20 years. I even started chasing other game series like MH and DaS in the hopes of finding something that scratched the Zelda itch that modern Zelda could not(DaS1 actually came the closest and I stuck with it for hundreds of hours). BotW is pretty damn close to what I've been waiting for the series to become for decades.

All 4 are garbage desu

Imagine if the next Zelda game has the same scale, but actual dungeons and a dark world

10/10?

reddit

this is what all open worlds should be.

I know that, but I doubt they did ALL the overworld. They most likely only worked on parts or aspect of it. Areas feel actually kinda disjointed, like, if the team was divided in 4 and each one was working on an area. Zora's domain is probably the area with most thoughts into it, then the Gerudo area, then the Goron one, and last, the Rito one when there's barely any shit to di in it

>BoTW2 with goofy DR style weapons
>slap a sword to a boomerang and throw it
>tape a lightning wand to a spear

>Do a Monolith Soft
Monolith was already in charge of map design on BotW, it's why they only had 40 in-house team members to work on XC2. It's no wonder, really, they had already proven they were the best team at Nintendo as far as open world game design goes (picture related)

Attached: Nice of L to Invite us to Mira for a 'nitpick', Gay Luigi.jpg (4000x3930, 3.84M)

Someone tried it and the answer is no

>There's a white-maned crusher lynel on the Great Plateau in Master Mode. Go start a new file, and kill it. You are not allowed to use amiibos or enter shrines
this is actually impossible, don't listen to this guy.
there are not enough weapons on the plateau to do enough damage to kill him before they all break, even if he wasn't healing himself whenever you're not hitting him.

Any Clint fans here?

Again just create a new ip.
Dark souls took Texas sized notes from Zelda and it still retains its own orginality

bull fucking SHIT popular just equals bad

people hated WW because of the art style
people just HATED tp altogether, i don't see apologists
people hate OOT because its cool to hate, offspring taught me that. its a fucking 8.5/10 fuck you

thanks for the buzzwords and not actually trying to engage in quality discussion about video games

>I know that, but I doubt they did ALL the overworld
Actually, they were pretty much put in charge of it, they were specifically brought in for that. Breath of the Wild had a massive amount of manpower working on it.

No it isn't, faggot. There's a gimmick weapon on the Plateau that kills him just alone, but there are also Attack+ items on the Plateau you can use, plus exploiting shield parries and durability-free damage through mounting. I used to boot up a new save for the game and do this for fun, then quit.

Oh I'm sure, but most adults don't run to tattle the moment someone calls them a name.. That word still hurts you because you know it's true, that you really are nothing but shit, deluding yourself into thinking you personally descended from Egyptian Royalty.

Both of those are literally already in the game
Bladed boomerangs and thunder spears that stun lock enemies so you can loot all their shit and leave them defenseless

not the same thing
you should know this if you played fable

Does the word offend you like nigger does to a nigger that much? If so
doggo

Yes you can
There’s this one faggot on YouTube that it with literally only a metal rock
No armor
No weapons
3 hearts Lynel kill
It’s hard as fuck and takes forever though

Guardians do.
Launch the game right now and see for yourself. When it does drop loot, I'll claim your virgin neet butthole as compensation for making me waste time with this post.

Attached: 1543251431293.jpg (400x381, 58K)

So botw sequel will be at the end of switch life right?

Guardians don't get sucked into a void when killed by ancient arrows, so they still drop parts. Players still have to actually have ancient arrows to begin the loop anyway, so they'll still have to learn how to fight them head-on in order to craft some or get lucky and find them in a chest somewhere.

His gun could be a handgun model "Sword." And he could find a "Master Sword" (Desert Eagle).

OoT sacrificed its gameplay for graphics, which have since aged badly along with every first generation polygonal rendered game
If it came out now with modern graphics and performance it would be a 7/10 at most

>everything i don't like is reddit

I literally said I didn't report you and you're still acting like I did. Nice to know us black people live in you're fragile white head rent free though

Attached: 3qsrmtix96t01.png (1000x1000, 460K)

MonolithSoft wasn't in charge of the "content" parts of the game, their job was topography and making a map fun to traverse. The actual Zelda team were the ones to put content on the map.

Why do zoomers hate OOT and MM?

>being this autistic that you can't recognize obvious sarcasm
user

user, you already watch a shitty meme anime, you really don't have a right to call anyone else out.

You trying to trick me?
You better not be

Attached: 29753A6A-B58E-40BC-80ED-4EF5C72DA275.jpg (204x56, 5K)

>memorable bosses
Besides koloktos and ghirahim, who?

Fuck, Demise was the most underwhelming final boss in the entire zelda series.

I liked Skyward Swords dungeons and music, but it was lacking in virtually every other aspect. They managed to make flying on the back of a giant bird through the sky boring, the over reliance on motion controls for sword use got old quickly, the recycling shit to pad out the game, and i'm not talking about the backtracking, I mean having to fight the imprisoned three times, going through the silent realm three times, having to fight Ghirahim three times, etc.
Inversely, Fi didn't bother me at all. No zelda sidekick ever has.

On the plus side, the game had one of the Cutest Zeldas. And Groose. Groose is cool.

>sucked into a void when killed
Is that what happens when you kill a normal enemy with an ancient arrow? I've never actually bothered to use one because they're such a hot commodity.

As long as actual dungeons means stuff like BotW Hyrule Castle, but more focused in design, then I'm all on board. Zelda desperately needs to go back to dungeons being dens of evil with enemies lurking around every corner as well as having secret passages and traps rather than being filled with nonsensical puzzles that completely clash with the concept that you're in a dangerous labyrinth.

you expect anyone to take a claim by a shitskin at face value? You'd better take a look around. People don't even think you're human and always assume anything you say is lying.

You get 3 arrows when you get to the Akkala lab.
Plus there are ancient components below every dead guardian in the overworld.

>scripted events instantly means the game is good

Standards like yours is the reason why Zelda is such a shitty series now.

Go shoot an ancient arrow into a guardian's eye and see yourself.

post yfw you figure out Stasis+ can be used to create ridiculous openings on certain enemies

Attached: 1530499886518.gif (278x214, 1.31M)

I could say the same about you, /pol/lutant

S E E T H I N G

Is there a bigger Yea Forums ruse than the "pretend BoTW is good" meme?

Attached: 9ecb51c1a217eaa10c3879c066c0ada0.png (1024x1357, 610K)

>Koloktos
>Ghirahim
>Scervo
>Demise
>Scaldera

You can even cheese the Imprisoned fights, which makes them much more manageable. And even Tentalus is memorable, since I hate him so much.

>seething
How, because I don't like a literal meme anime? Whatever you say, Yea Forumsnon, everyone knows Yea Forums has the worst taste in anime.

>Except that requires you to already have ancient arrows
yes, and? your original premise is that ancient arrows are rare because the parts to make them are rare, except the parts are piss easy to get from guardians and you collect a sizable amount passively from shrines, decayed guardians, and shrine guardian bosses (which you can also grind with blood moons). you also get a free arrow from beedle and a few freebies from robbie, too

>you aren't guarunteed to get the parts you need
the main part you need for ancient arrows is ancient shafts, and guardians have a massive drop rate for them, in fact i cant remember a time i didnt get any from a guardian kill

>Not to mention the fact that Guardians have longer range than your bow AND the fact that most areas have more than one guardian that can shoot you
you're just shit at the game, guardians are piss easy to lure close to you with maybe the exception of a few in hyrule field, and honestly ancient arrows aren't even necessary to take them down, you can slice off their legs for extra parts then wail on them. you don't need an ancient arrow to "start the loop", and you don't really even need to kill a guardian to "start the loop". regardless, that user's point about ancient arrows being generally paying for themselves is true. if anything the most "rare" component of ancient arrows is rupees, but there are plenty of easy ways to get large amounts of those.

guardians killed with ancient arrows drop loot retard

Yeah, that's pretty much what happens. I have sometimes used it to just delete a single gold or silver enemy in an enemy camp just to avoid dealing with it, but I only really have the opportunity to do that because of the guardian > arrow feedback loop that I've gotten into, so I tend to always have at least 10-20 ancient arrows on me at any given point.

Attached: c-c-c-combo.webm (320x180, 2.67M)

Wow I got fucking nothing
The whole damn thing just disappeared

Attached: B351FB7A-C6B7-458C-B3F8-54CCCF7FEFC4.png (750x1334, 1.56M)

when is ganondorf the man coming back?

>Lying on the Internet
Sad.

yes, the "pretend BOTW is bad" meme.

Attached: 1548827019489.gif (209x180, 1.18M)

????? This is completely false. The worst town in the game is the bird one. The best is hands down the Gerudo one.

Well, you have to actually go and pick up the parts. The game won't play itself for you.

Ancient Weapon Proficiency bitch

Attached: C4v1WqQWMAIvX8f.jpg (1200x1092, 159K)

your game is defective, you should return it to nintendo

Yea Forums doesn't like it either, which is why I watched it.

>your original premise is that ancient arrows are rare because the parts to make them are rare, except the parts are piss easy to get from guardians
No they are not.
> i cant remember a time i didnt get any from a guardian kill
Nice anecdotal """""evidence"""""
>you're just shit at the game
Nice ad hom. If I'm bad at the game, how did I beat it?
>guardians are piss easy to lure close to you with maybe the exception of a few in hyrule field
A lot of guardians can't move AT ALL, not to mention the long range laser beams that deal large amounts of health. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Stay reckt

>The worst town in the game is the bird one
the zora one*

It's probably the most aesthetic, sure, but there's no reason to ever return to Zora's domain after you free vah ruta

Ancient arrows dont do the same thing to gaurdians it just actually damages them better than real arrows. It doesnt drop loot on normal mobs

>4 dungeons

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

zelda.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Arrow
>If an Ancient Arrow strikes a Guardian directly in the eye, the Guardian is instantly defeated. If used on enemies ******other than Guardians and Bosses******, the enemy and its Weapons vanish.
why lie about something that's easily disproven in 5 fucking seconds?

No fucking way. The Zora town at least has the unique twist of the Zoras remembering Link. It adds a twist to the town and makes it feel unique compared to the others. Also it's amazing looking.

The bird town is just a fucking rock with a two-floor spiral around it. There are essentially no sidequests and the main quest there has like 2 steps and nothing more. The only good thing there is the music and Kass when you complete all his quests.

5, actually, which is more than Majora's Mask

5 including dlc

Mario Odyssey

there is no "wrong order" and that's part of the beauty of the game
You can do Plateau -> Hyrule Castle if you're gud enough

>shitskin thinks beating an easy game is somehow proof that he's not bad

>comparing to Majora
Majora had 5 dungeons as well. 6 if you count the one right before the final boss.
Also all 4 dungeons in Majora were bigger than the 4 ones in BoTW.

>Majora had 5 dungeons as well. 6 if you count the one right before the final boss.
This is literally false. Not to mention the one before the final boss is shorter than most shrines

>Y-Y-YOU BEAT IT B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT UR STILL BAD!
OMEGALUL

I am not good enough :(

Besides, I wanted the fun of experiencing a lot of this game's content. Dunno if I'll see it all, but it's fun enough for me to want to see a lot of it.

There's no wrong order, but there is definitely an order that the game kinda nudges you in
Having done the divine beasts out of order, the inconsistent difficulty is hugely noticeable
Fukken thunderblight ganon would 1-shot me with all his attacks, but I wasn't about to stop in the middle of it
Meanwhile waterblight ganon barely scratched me with his big undodgeable spearchuck

e-celebs and journalists told them to

Attached: OoT linearity map.png (1169x4226, 522K)

Even if you not consider the last dungeon, Majora's dungeons are still double the size of BoTW dungeons.
Not to mention the few dungeons BoTW are completely horrible considering they stripped them away from the fun of looking for its unique tool and use it to get to new areas.

Thunderblight ganon is one of the few good bosses the series has. I regret fighting it so late.

>all 4 dungeons in Majora were bigger than the 4 ones in BoTW
not him but you really cant compare them in terms of size without addressing that the divine beast dungeons are so much more satisfying and rewarding to figure out
I personally don't mind a dungeon being a quarter of the size if it means 75% of it isn't just shooting [most recent item] at [thing on wall]

All the bosses are good on their memory battles on Master Mode.

>botw was angry Joe's GOTY in 2017 (Mario Odyssey was 2nd) and he has no bias towards Nintendo
>people here still call it overhyped

its boring like all current gen games. games are so crap these days. they used to be much better when I was younger

Uhhh don't enemies killed with ancient arrows not drop anything

I regret fighting it so early, being killed so easy meant I never had a chance at reading any of his attacks and the whole thing felt like total bullshit
Is there another way to get him out of the second phase without dropping the pillars on him with magnesis? that was the only thing I could figure out to get past his inexplicably perfect shield blocking

You have got to be joking. The divine beasts were terrible dungeons with the most basic puzzles i'd seen since windwaker and the worst bosses in the entire fucking series. How anyone can think completing them was satisfying compared to past games' dungeons just baffles me.

>No they are not.
>Nice anecdotal """""evidence"""""
well i'm not going to waste my time killing a bunch of guardians to prove what a retard you are, but i will take a screencap of my old save

bear in mind this is through most of hyrule castle so i had already expended a good number of ancient arrows, not counting all of the other ancient arrows i had used throughout the game

also, i had a fully upgraded ancient armor set which takes 60 shafts total, so just that + this image is ~130 shafts alone (not counting all of the other parts not pictured here)

>A lot of guardians can't move AT ALL,
yeah and? those are even fucking easier to kill, and a lot of them are positioned in ways that you can get close to them easily

>You clearly have no clue what you're talking about
and you're clearly shit at the game

image didn't post

Attached: shafted.png (897x152, 237K)

>ad hom
>ad hom
>ad hom
Thanks for conceding.

Attached: DTzSLf6.png (1024x748, 399K)

>doesn't refute any of my points and just spouts at hom over and over
yep, thanks for playin m8

i hope you appreciate your newfound knowledge about ancient arrows to make your next playthrough a little bit easier since it's clear you struggled a little bit! they're very good items and make the big mean guardians a lot easier! i'll give you another protip: it's a good idea to use them with 3 shot bows, you get a lot more bang for your buck given that they're so rare and all :^)

@452286229
I missed Frostbite 2019 because I was too busy babysitting the S E E T H I N G faggot that is you. No more (You)s for (You)

I hope you miss more shit you fucking toddler

Just because the mechanic exists that doesn't mean it can't be used in meaningful ways

@452287305
>THIS IRL mad you got utterly T-Posed on by my intellect

Attached: 1475867651817.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Because people want everything to be open world, so linear = bad.

Is there a good use for 2H weapons? past the first few hours of the game they feel completely inferior to sword and shield
if you're fighting more than one enemy it feels impossible to find an opening where it's safe to attack without leaving yourself open to a free hit from another enemy
plus, without daruk's bubble, you don't get a block at all just in case a lizalfos decides to appear behind you and stab you

I really liked Marring Odyssey, I hope they go all out for a sequel. I want a full Ruined Kingdom world, the Dark Souls of Mario was fun as fuck to see for the first time.

Wait, did people actually start this thread off by complaining that a Hyrule that was over run and ultimately destroyed by thousands of giant super mechs with killer laser beams, and still is to an extent, didn't have loads of large, populated and busy towns/cities? What the actual fuck? It's got more towns/villages than any other Zelda game to date and this is after an event that almost wiped Hyrule off the map for good 100 years prior. The Guardians still roamed unchecked for all that time along with tons of other monsters all over the place keeping people from spreading out across the land. I know no one sees it for what it is but Breath of the Wild is a post apocalyptic theme'd game, what else did you expect exactly? The land of Hyrule is in ruin and people are just getting by the best they can

anyone who says or types "doggo" is fucking gay

Even as a jaded old boomer I really enjoyed botw. I would have preferred a few big templed intead of shrines but it's a great game

Rougly 70 hours, after months I still haven't finished it. I start playing, ride my horse for 5 minutes, get bored and close the game.

>Is there a good use for 2H weapons?

Oh boy, wow.

god the world design in XB2 is so good. it's a shame actual travel in that game is complete ass.

I like BOTW but it literally has the worst dungeons in the entire series and the shrines are extremely flawed (though I'm sympathetic to what they were trying to do)

It's not bad it's just repetitive the game just repeats the same content, the same puzzles, the same interactions over and over again until it's just boring to even bother.

hold the attack button

but then I just spin in place while things pelt me with arrows or knock me out of my spinny attack
and daruk's shield just knocks me out of the out of the animation when it triggers
is there a trick to it?

Move while spinning.