Just finished Tales of Berseria

Just finished Tales of Berseria.
Man, theres no single unlikeable character in this game. Everyone is interesting as fuck, especially pic related.
Story is great, until the later part which turns generic JRPG save the world scenario
Gameplay is fun but turned repetitive after some time, that inventory management is pain in the ass.

Its a good 7.5 game

Attached: 1490552027673.jpg (1200x873, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L5NvazsRoFQ?t=42
bandainamcoent.co.jp/corporate/press/top/
rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2981110
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked all the characters and playing with Eizen but still dropped it, the dungeons and crafting were bad. Feels bad, I miss the party.

Attached: f7d44a9f21d9c1dbdc08c2c246745033.jpg (1000x680, 230K)

more

Currently playing through it, anytime the female characters interact with Laphicet is pretty good comic relief. I also like how the story is pretty straight forward and the game doesn't smather you with a shit ton of sidequests or activities.

My biggest gripes so far are easily the overworld/dungeon areas (holy shit they are each so big and take forever to get through, fuck the cave mines and tropical area in particular so far) and inventory management. Combat can be pretty brain numbing since all you really need to do is press the R trigger as soon as you have 3 souls and button mash a group of enemies, I've only died to boss enemies who have outleveled my party by around 6 - 10 levels. It's not too bad though because I kind of want to just have an interactive anime without much effort to get through, it's just really padded/long cause of the dungeons and inventory management shit.

Attached: 1530188148119.jpg (209x244, 18K)

Attached: dPdfK6Vlqto2J7MK.webm (1280x720, 1.34M)

Whats this ?

Yeah everything is so-so except the story and characters

It's from Tales of the Rays. Which is a mobile game

Attached: 56533410_p0.png (900x1258, 1.63M)

Now play the sequel, so you can get all the story.

Attached: 1256fd3f8ed0947f10b27dbab8d1649d.jpg (1000x493, 200K)

I played the first hour of Zestiria before playing Berseria. The characters is a major turn off for me, so i just skipped it.

Why do they make these games with such bland combat? These games could be easy 9's if they tried tot give the games some depth in combat.

>Yeah everything is so-so except the story and characters
Agreed here too on that, except that it's the one genre where that is actually kind of forgivable. I mean, I'd rather have a battle system blow me away then not, but in a JRPG a fun system with shit story and unlikeable characters is actually just not something I enjoy anyway. I mean, actively bad makes things tough, but I can deal with so-so.

It's fine, just watch the Zestiria anime after playing Berseria since the Zestiria anime has major Berseria spoilers. It's a more enjoyable way to "experience" the story.

>Why do they make these games with such bland combat? These games could be easy 9's if they tried tot give the games some depth in combat.
Just speculating, but I kind of assume it has something to do with the dev teams that tend to make these, and how talent gets allocated at bigger companies. Figure the teams that do JRPGs are probably heavy on writers (like not just story/characters but even the 5 billion items and spells and crap all need flavor text too) and some graphic designers and sound people. Obviously they need some programmers too, but seems like anyone super into combat mechanics and shit are probably mostly elsewhere. You kind of have to luck out to have the right dream team where it all comes together for a 9. Publishers have no incentive to spend much more there either because they know we will in fact mostly forgive average combat systems if the rest is good.

people keep complaining about vesperia locking the combat options behind gates, but I think it's a really good way to keep someones attention over a 70+ hour jrpg. if you just had all the options from the start you'd eventually just settle into the pattern of "doing the most effective thing" 10 billion times. you can argue that in vesperia its just doing the most effective thing (that I have) over and over but given the way the game dotes out upgrades I keep feeling like "the strongest character on the team" keeps changing.

also it wouldn't have the story/gameplay connection (something jrpgs really lack as a general rule) of karol going from a dumbass who can barely even swing his weapon to king ultra chad throwing out sick infinite combos because of how much overlimit the kid builds. if he could just do that from the start it would be way less memorable

I also heard Zestiria Anime fully changes the Berseria characters (especially Magilou), so nope.

>It's fine, just watch the Zestiria anime
Don't do this. It will confuse you, because Zestiria fucks up the plot and many laws of the universe. You'll be asking yourself why they're purifying dragons and other stupid shit.
Watching the anime is a terrible decision if you want the plot to make sense.
Somehow they made the Zestiria anime even worse than the videogame. Don't bother.

I've come around a bit to your point of view. On the one hand I have a sort of instinctive hate for "artificially forced to do other things." On the other hand I have in fact had more fun sometimes when devs push me to get creative with a system and use more of it even if its "suboptimal".

> until the later part which turns generic JRPG save the world scenario

Sort of. As the Lord of Calamity, you are warned that awakening the four spirits will cause natural disasters that set humanity back for a thoursand years. Your quest starts with burning a town and ends with burning the world.

Attached: CzKDXzvUQAAkd09.jpg orig.jpg (1336x2048, 478K)

>"doing the most effective thing" 10 billion times.
As opposed to not being able to do fuck all for 40 hours.

It's pretty obvious they made the Zestiria anime for people who played and finished the Zestiria/Berseria games. It's like how if you try to watch the live action Full Metal Alchemist movie you'll be lost as the plot is all over the place unless you've read the manga/watched the anime as you know what the characters and story is trying to convey.

It was necessary Evil

Attached: TOB_04_1208_2250_1461081144-ds1-1340x1340.jpg (1340x754, 73K)

I hear they killed Magilou onscreen in the Zestiria Anime, is that true ?

>It's pretty obvious they made the Zestiria anime for people who played and finished the Zestiria/Berseria games.
Dear god, no. What the fuck? Did we watch the same anime?
They have episodes dedicated to the start of Berseria specifically to market the Berseria game.
They changed locations of events specifically to be fanservice and wound up ruining the already shaky story.
Rather than Sorey learning to mercy kill, he becomes captain planet and uses the power of friendship to save the world and the final boss.
Lunar gets a fuckload of focus to trick you into thinking he's going to be important, then he dies alone fighting random hellions and accomplishes nothing.
They get dangerously close to the end without killing off Dezel then quickly kill him off as if they forgot he's supposed to die.
The gun is toted as some important mystic artifact and everyone in the anime just goes "haha who gives a fuck?" and ignores it.
They messed with the laws of malevolence which were pretty clearly set in Zestiria/Berseria too leading to massive confusion when they change them, like Rose not becoming a hellion when she gets fucked up and unstable after getting her revenge. In the games, she wasn't malevolent because she believed what she was doing was right. In the anime, she was shown she's not sure and self-conscious to a fault and somehow still pure? Why?

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the anime but it's like they read a loose summary on wikipedia and made shit up as they went along.
It's not made for anyone; it's trash. Worse than the Zestiria game which was already bad.
The sheer amount of inconsistencies, poor pacing, characters that have zero importance getting too much screen time, important characters getting NO screen time, and they even dropped the (very few) actual good scenes in the game.

Attached: kill kermit.jpg (640x640, 36K)

Attached: 6b6619c9eb10cc2f2d567e93285f6b89.jpg (1600x2067, 637K)

Fuck Magilou.

Attached: 1527170996736.png (684x889, 545K)

Although come to think of it has there ever been a good game->anime adaption? At first I was thinking that was silly and of course there must be, game->movies are notorious but anime? Except I honestly can't think of one. I can think of anime that got decent games later, or the occasional massive multi-media franchise like .hack but there were no adaptions there, each work was standalone. Maybe it's because even in Japan anime adaptions are often mainly seen as advertising for the original source but still I'm honestly surprised I can't think of anything even though I haven't done an exhaustive search. I guess if we count VNs there have been a number but what else?

Sounds good to me

So what are the rates to pull best girl?

Attached: 1543496845848.jpg (509x864, 68K)

A little more:
>Final area was changed from the destroyed town where Heldalf was cursed and the Throne of Artorius (which has massive significance) to a random cave from Berseria?
>The town is also perfectly preserved after 1000 years for some reason.
>Siegfried's significance dropped.
>No 1 vs 1 with Sorey and Heldalf.
>No True Lion's Howl.
>Dezel kills himself for no reason, everyone shrugs it off.
>Lunar got way too much focus which could have been spent on the story and main characters.
>All hellions are awful CGI black mist things.
>Not a single good fight scene the entire anime.
>"People thought dragons were unpurifyable because nobody tried. :)"

Yes.

Good question

Attached: f558d711d2d5e278f4983ebc11247706.png (1821x1289, 2.16M)

Attached: 1527171739317.jpg (467x700, 162K)

Tales of the Abyss was almost good but it skipped every single fight scene so the plot could remain perfectly 1:1 with the game. Also the few action scenes they did have were poorly animated.

Attached: video-thumbnail-1498450859374.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

that face tho

Attached: QcNx21uJhqyKzg_p.webm (1280x720, 1.1M)

Is Magilou really a slut?

My slut

Attached: 1534020124659.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Best character coming through

Attached: image.jpg (1619x2000, 572K)

It sucks that the Danganronpa anime adaptation was mdediocre, and the Danganronpa 3 anime is a pure abortion to everything the series had been building up.

I've heard the Phoenix Wright anime was okay but haven't watched it myself. The Professor Layton movies were actually pretty good though those are original stories and not adaptations. It seems outside of VNs most videogame anime adaptations are pretty bad.

He was fucking based. Rokurou is such a hater

I wanted him on the team instead of Rokurou. I'm sick of twin blade users, they're boring.

VNs usually are, too. KyoAni ones are exceptions. The main problem is obvious; adapting a 20+ hour story (+++ in terms of most JRPGs or VNs) into a 13 to 26 episode animu is literally impossible without cutting everything not absolutely crucial to the plot, and then you're left with a barebones rush to the finish on a budget that knows it's not going to sell anyway.

Attached: CiK__MTUUAEBqk7.jpg orig.jpg (1000x836, 109K)

So how old is she ?? 100 ? 200 ?? 22 ?

Attached: 11332309.jpg (882x940, 315K)

agreed. but what the fuck was doing as a legate in the abbey and why? he doesnt imbue any holiness or seem to be the type to want or be under authority

shouldve been a merc or clan ambassador or something

Magilou is a pedophile.

I think his ultimate goal was just to get stronger and the abbey provided a good avenue for that. Wasn't part of the dialogue before his last fight how he was saving his unbound power to fight artorius or something like that?

The jap only supplementary stuff says she's in her late 20's. But the game itself never actually gives her age.

Attached: Cpv3mpXVYAAlGAk.jpg orig.jpg (700x700, 90K)

Rays doesn't work like that, you either get new characters from events or story, though getting them by getting one of their Special Artes is a thing that is doable.
The gacha in the game is for your weapons which double as your characters' Artes and your Mirage which is the Special Arte you can equip to a character and are the hardest things to roll.
The gameplay is decent for a mobage, and does try to play like a Tales even if only a bit. Right now there's a collaboration with God Eater Resonant Ops which has three collab costume mirages and two crossover characters as well as an event that you can get tickets to pull for the characters' weapons and mirages from and earn points for their LB materials.

Reminder, Velvet #1

He's a fightfag who wants to fight artorius to the death.

Velvet is for laphicet
Magilou is 4theplayers

Given her backstory, maybe yes.

Old enough for MUH

youtu.be/L5NvazsRoFQ?t=42

I've enjoyed a few of the Fate adaptions. Granted zero was a novel not a VN, but VNs are a lot closer to LNs then they are typical games. Maybe that makes it easier, books and even VNs still leave a fair amount more creative potential in a visual adaption and a lot of text can be reasonably compressed with good use of visuals. Whereas in a typical game it's already making use of motion visuals and gameplay and cutscenes/fmv already, maybe that's just kind of fundamentally hard to work with.

I actually did just think of one though: Gungrave was a pretty minimalist silly PS2 game way back when and got an anime I remember as being decent. There though the game itself was so fucking barebones, almost more of a tech demo, that they could do whatever really. Real oddity is it got any sort of adaption/sequel at all I remember it as a bargain bin thing.

Based

>Censor flashing while she still wears hotpants behind that book

Attached: giphy.gif (480x560, 2.04M)

How come people have low opinions of the gameplay of Berseria. I'm about halfway through the game I think I'm around LV 50 and I love the gameplay. I understand that level design is bland and flat but god damn is it fun kicking the shit out of everything. I really enjoy the freedom of setting up my own personal move-list it's just like God Hand, do the other games do it different/better because the only other Tales game I have played is Abyss.

>finally port a long-desired definitive edition to current gen consoles
>don't bother fixing the one motherfucking thing the original had
>no autosave
>beat the boss in Caer whatever
>come up against the Schwann Brigade one last time
>late at night, not taking the battle seriously, barely concentrating, and I end up dying
>have to start back at my last manual save, which was before the boss
So glad I waited 11 years just to be met with the same dumb shit JRPGs have struggled with since time immemorial. Was there even a place to save before you got forced in this dumb fight?

Attached: No-Sir-I-dont-like-it.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

You can get characters in Rays either by playing their event story or getting their mirrage or 5* weapon in the gacha (5% chance each; so 10% total). Magilou premiered in the June bride event, so if you want to get her via story you'll have to wait for a rerun of that in June (or April, sometimes they rerun early). If you start now, there's 3 days left to get her on the valentine gacha.

>How come people have low opinions of the gameplay of Berseria.
Because it's different from previous Tales games and that makes certain types of people butt blisteringly angry.

What are you talking about? Auto save was never necessary. It was only ever put in videogames for idiot casuals who have zero sense of preparation.
>>late at night, not taking the battle seriously, barely concentrating, and I end up dying
How is that the game's fault?

Fate cheats by doing one route at a time with all the money in the world.

>There are people who prefer dub over sub on Tales games
kys, i accidentally choose dub and it scarred me for days.

Attached: 8ce1d0599b83b7f75984ef15890bfc6b--tales-of-berseria-series.jpg (225x350, 16K)

Berseria combat is kind of it's own thing but I think Xillia and Graces F combat was designed by the same team, not sure though. I think people dislike it because playing on a difficulty lower than hard and not messing with the movelist/setting everything to default makes it pretty button mashy.

Most Tales games have a save point right before a boss fight in a dungeon, haven't played Vesperia but even Symphonia and Abyss had savepoints right before bossfights in dungeons.

Attached: 1539148606723.jpg (417x362, 26K)

Attached: DzB3TxbUcAAPszL.jpg orig.jpg (2193x1912, 557K)

You can't trick me into playing Berseria subbed. Eizen sounds like trash in japanese, he's like a bored salaryman calling in all his lines. In english he actually sounds as savage and motivated as he's supposed to be.

>the dub made his MA line nonsensical
How do they even fuck up something so simple.

I am at the water temple area,how much more until i get that geo board i saw on the demo? i think my party level is about 15-20 cant recall right now

Attached: 1551022209605.jpg (337x613, 25K)

Wrong. It's because the gameplay is worse than Vesperia's, and is braindead spammy shit. Makes Tales of Symphonia combat seem deep by comparison. Story is gutter trash as well. All of the characters are cynical jaded assholes barring the bodyguard bitch (seriously, the characters are so unmemorable I can barely remember anyone's name) and the straight shota kid. Everyone else in the party is this gritty, no nonsense, takes everything seriously trope that the entire cast feels like a homogenized mess.

Don't even get me started on the censorship and the completely unlikable, obnoxious cunt of a character known as Velvet. Only reason the game was pushed so hard Yea Forums is because of the waifufags. Nonstop threads of people desiring to lick armpits and have sex with demons.

A dumb game, an even worse Tales game, and is only looked at remotely fondly because it came after Zestiria, which is basically the FFXIII to Square-Enix's Final Fantasy baby.

Attached: 1355450441076.jpg (406x364, 118K)

That's not the point and you know it. IT is the year of our lord, 2019, and autosaves right before specific battles or boss fights should be the norm. And no, it doesn't add to challenge, so don't even think about resorting to that tripe.

All it does is waste the player's time retreading a dungeon or scene they've already been through. A TIME WASTER

>15-20

The fuck? I hit the water temple just now and my party is like level 32 - 33, and most enemies are around level 30.

Attached: 1546626191956.jpg (289x372, 10K)

Magilou voice is hot as fuck in sub

Attached: 3750fe7ec566443cce32982169a4a3b3--tales-of-berseria-magic.jpg (225x350, 15K)

maybe that explains why my party goes down so fast at bosses and i gotta panic spam revives

Ops. . .

Imagine an JRPG but all the girls have the body of Magilou.

How is it spammy? What makes the other games have deeper combat?

the masked redhead was such a titty monster holy shit

Imagine.

Attached: C-a99asUMAEPWjf.jpg orig.jpg (800x861, 126K)

Attached: 1547639114941.jpg (2560x1440, 332K)

English Magilou is perfection

maybe if you like ugly, smelly white girls who take drama class throughout high school
dub babbies are so sad

Look, the Tales of Combat was always spammy, but in Berseria it's like Namco just didn't even bother with trying to change it up, and in some ways, made it more boring than the combat in Zestiria. You're spamming one button most of the time instead of two or three like Vesperia or Abyss.

Without the smug and mysterious aura ? it would be shit

Does anyone other than me think that her best feature is the skin gap between the bottom of her top and her skirt?

Rays has a campaign right now until the end of March so you can obtain any 3 characters right away.
But unless you're a major waifufag, you probably don't want to get Magilou. It's generally agreed upon that she's the worst character gameplaywise in Rays.

mad

Attached: 8gEjRqQ.png (635x640, 547K)

You have to go back.

Attached: 1528322473295.png (1389x990, 1.34M)

I dropped the game after Velvet met Artorius giving a speech in certain city.
None of the characters stood out till that point to me.
Combat was spammy as fuck too so I got bored real quick.
Good faps were had though, I can only get so hard looking at Magilou's flat board.

I don't get why differentiating between loli and cp is on there.

I don't even need to dodge

It's called vagina bones

Attached: Cgpt7XOUUAAZx_D.jpg orig.jpg (650x902, 90K)

I just want to see her naked
FUCK

And so does vesperia, that user is probably a dumb nigger that couldn't see a savepoint even if it's right in front of him

>absolutely hate the gameplay
>fucking love Magilou

What do i do Yea Forums?

Attached: 1534028350874.png (1280x720, 653K)

I'm sorry I think there's been a misunderstanding because we seem to be talking about two different games. In the game I'm talking abut you play as an angry woman with a demon arm. In my game every face button has it's own 4 move combo string. You are given the choice to set any move you like in any order on every combo string and since you're not locked into any given combo string once it's been started the game encourages mixing and matching moves as in combat certain combinations of attacks can do more damage to certain enemies. You are also given 4 more moves slotted to the guard button which basically gives you a fifth combo string. So basically you have 20 different moves available at any given time so unless you set the game to semi-auto on accident I don't understand how anyone could play Berseria using only one button?

Tell me the mod fucker

kill yourself I guess

That just means all you're doing every fight is hitting one of the four face buttons on a constant offensive. In the other games, you had to defend, utilize overdrive and bursts and critical attacks. In Berseria you're doing nothing but attacking or looking for openings to attack. Fuck off with your shit taste.

I'm 99% sure that's actually just an edit.

Attached: DJ3fq6AVwAAzCxE.jpg orig.jpg (1748x1181, 208K)

Perfect

Don't bother trying to explain the combat system, unless they're forced to do otherwise, they'll set the difficulty on normal and spam one attack and get carried by their AI teammates and claim that's the way you're supposed to play it.

are you saying ironic weebs prefer dubs

The person who made the edit and maybe yourself need to eat a brick

>you're not TRULY experiencing the combat unless you play Berseria on a leap year, one handed tied behind your back, on the highest difficulty setting, and only with certain characters

I wish I could reach into my monitor and punch you repeatedly in the jugular for being such a massive faggot the likes of which would make a Dark Soulsfag blush with embarrassment

Attached: 1538827841460.gif (200x212, 1.82M)

>you had to defend, utilize overdrive and bursts and critical attacks.
Those are all present in Berseria.
>Defend often, especially for 1-2 seconds so you can break an enemy's guard with your next attack.
>Side-step to evade attacks and gain souls while diminishing the enemy's souls so they don't use really damaging attacks very often.
>Use break souls sparingly unless you're confident your combo will work well with an extension.
>Using break souls rewards you with BG, which you can use to switch out active members for backline party members, or use mystic artes for big damage.

You sound like this: herpaderp vesperia is so spammy because all you do is spam a direction and the arte button.

The combat is different. You either learn it, or you go on an anonymous message board and complain about shit you don't understand.

T-thanks user.

Attached: CtmQcj1VIAAKRdR.jpg orig.jpg (1116x720, 97K)

Is asking you to to learn a battle system really that much of a fucking trial? If you can do it for Vesperia what's stopping you from learning Berseria's?

Smug bitches are my favorite.

Is there a lot of breast envy scenes/skits involving this character in berseria?

Are you the guy who claimed he beat vesperia using exclusively base artes and never once used an arcane, burst, or mystic arte?

Attached: shakespeare viewing the tragedy of your life.png (500x489, 267K)

i think some party members point out velvet chest is abit big

There's barely any fanservice in the game at all, at least in terms of sexual fanservice. No, not really.

No.

Attached: DiAs-8tX4AEHLob.jpg orig.jpg (1012x1252, 232K)

why no porn of her canon ""mindbreaking""

Attached: 1550057700963.jpg (708x1000, 110K)

Bienfu and Kamoana exist.

Berseria UIs is so bland compared to other tales series. They removed items/equipment pictures too.

>We will never get combat like Graces F or Xillia 2 ever again
Non linear combat system was a mistake.

Fuck you asshat, Bienfu is a treasure.
And Kamoana is as much of a character as the stagceros beetle or however was it called

IT'S A RHINOSTAGROS YOU FUCK

>english.

Berseria is graces f except without the stupid bullshit like eleth burst so now you actually have full control over when you use your mystics.

I'd like another game with combat like Xillia 2 though that would be fucking rad.

That one, thanks

Attached: watch?v=3IyHvoYiAg0[00h01m48s].png (1920x1080, 2M)

Attached: Cuv1od6WIAUautN.jpg orig.jpg (1017x1245, 290K)

Attached: f2mba5spaj701.jpg (1536x2048, 290K)

jesus i would breed both of them all night long

Attached: Dns83ZhUYAE-dol.jpg orig.jpg (1060x931, 168K)

Attached: f.png (294x322, 95K)

I enjoyed the combat in Xillia 1 and 2. Felt like a mix of Abyss, Vesperia, Graces F, and a bit of Tekken in it as well.

Why does Eleanor never get any art love like these 2 thots?

She's a filthy do-gooder.

Attached: DwpBCl_VAAE9-W4.png orig.png (453x640, 487K)

But she does.

Attached: __eleanor_hume_tales_of_series_and_etc_drawn_by_hamagurihime__122d8d85a27ed153619e8cbc965e2021.jpg (644x848, 587K)

Because she is not a thot?

Attached: 1547638995337.jpg (2560x1440, 393K)

I feel like if Magilou just brushed again my dick accidentally over clothes I would erupt into a convulsing, ahegao orgasm.

Attached: 1529234243074.gif (357x270, 1.21M)

she looks as flat as magilou

Eizen it's the best Tales character we have gotten in a while
Such a shame he had a shitty fate in Zestiria

Attached: edna_and_eizen.jpg (774x1032, 98K)

She's pretty close.

Attached: ToB_Eleanor_Hume_DLC_Outfit2.png (418x800, 187K)

It's the same every time

WOUNDS THAT WON'T HEAL

Persona 4 and Persona 4 Golden Golden is NG+

PLEASE BE PATIENT
I HAVE AUTISM

Attached: Eizen.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

>oni-chan
rude

You can pretty much cheese the entire game with Velvet and two moves (3 if you count her BA), which kinda makes it a button mash fest.

I'm still painfully going through Zesteria with a copy of Berseria waiting for me. God, I feel like skipping it so bad but from what I've seen, playing Zestiria makes Berseria so much stronger

It does, and Berseria makes Zestiria look a bit better in hindsight. You get to appreciate some connections, like how Stonebury is just Lastonbell in the past, or Sorey and Meebo ruminating on who Innominat was supposed to be since all records of him are basically nonexistent by their time.

Attached: CnOea5XWgAAwsJv.jpg orig.jpg (800x1000, 126K)

>theres no single unlikeable character in this game.
True.

Playing Vesperia DE. Is Sodia new? I can't remember her from the OG.

No. She was in the original version too.

She is in the 360 game
As far as i remember only Patty is a completelly new character

I see. It's been ages since I last played Vesperia. I met Patty right before at the mansion. When does she and Flynn join?

She doesn't. Flynn joins off an on till near the last parts of the game

Wait wtf is she NG+ crap?

Flynn joins temporarily in Ghasfarost and after Alexei's betrayal and permanently after Aurnion events
Patty temporarily joins in the ghost ship and in Weasand of Cados and permanently on Sands of Kogorth

Someone I didn't catch you were talking about Patty too. Sorry, of course she joins you.

I was watching reviews and they brought up good points that also bothered me about Berseria besides the dungeons/overworld/inventory system, and that's the fucking skits in this game.

The skits have good characterization and some can be quite humorous... but there are so damn many of them and they take so long to get through. There was one time today where I was playing and watched 3 or 4 skits in a row, some optional and some required from the story. It took me 10+ minutes to get through. I know you can technically just mash through them but I'm the type who wants to soak in everything a game has to offer and so it bothers me these are such a slog sometimes to watch due to their length.

Other than those things, I think Berseria is somewhat entertaining. Easily a 7.5/10 game so far, wish it had a slightly better soundtrack but it's not bad overall.

Attached: 1531801618983.jpg (599x451, 50K)

The NG+ extra in Xillia 2 was kino

One of my top 10 favorite games tee bee ach. Just wish the teammate AI wasn't fucking retarded and it'd probably be in my top 5.

Attached: tumblr_os2ki9cWns1r6td3wo1_500.jpg (419x750, 59K)

Attached: DSC01073.jpg (1944x2592, 3.29M)

Can I miss the fight against Gauche and Droite if I wait too long?

Dont remember that bossfight

After donating the 500,000 gald I waited until Flynn joined permanently to fight them, and they were still there, as was the entrance to the Necropolis of Nostalgia which I would recommend finishing the first layer of on the same trip as that boss fight, so you can activate a shortcut straight to it on the outside of Zaude

Attached: 1548961678555.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Once you unlock it on Zaude it's not Missable

I really, really hope the next tales doesn't force you to play inventory simulator or at the very least, has an upgrade system that isn't boring as shit.

Attached: DzAPHxAUYAAEAbj.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Because she unironically isn't a retarded puppy to attract waifufags, or a loli. She also isn't the main character and she wears modest clothes.

What games have Free Run cancel? It feels weird transitioning from Vesperia to Xillia only to find out that Free Run cancels are out.

Wasn't she raped in her backstory given how she broke in the past? It's just like in my hentais!

Was she? I just recall she was treated like garbage by the circus troupe that picked her up. Melchior showed her a chance at the happy, peaceful life she never had and she completely broke down when he dropped the illusion.

Attached: DvyUwEiUwAA2zva.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

She was. It was confirmed in a Japanese interview.
They even wanted to imply that she was getting mating pressed nightly because she couldn't get pregnant
Sourse: bandainamcoent.co.jp/corporate/press/top/

Can't read moon, but I'll take your word for it. Can you confirm if Magy's actually around 60? I recall in-game text mentioning the accident she was involved in happened a long time ago, but I want to make sure it's not just my imagination.

>Can you confirm if Magy's actually around 60?
Nope, the best info we had was this

thats fucking erotic

I want to make Magilou a mother after marriage so badly

Put Laphicet in the waiter outfit with the troll eye glasses. Makes all his cutscenes real sassy.

Don't let Magie's thread die

If you mean the black gradient - it's not censored. That's just the game's textbox, where dialogue usually is, but it's empty at the moment. It's on every fullscreen skit like that.

Attached: 429660_screenshots_20180720225436_1.jpg (1920x1200, 285K)

Attached: 1487612397605.png (600x652, 258K)

Get a line

why no Magilou porn at all ? is the right word

h-hot

Magie lou lives

Attached: tumblr_pmwjgbOyQU1thrzt8o2_1280.png (1024x576, 842K)

I want to be Melchior and mindbreak Magilou and fuck her goddammit

Attached: M04.jpg (850x1078, 138K)

Eizens abilities are cool as fuck I want more teleporting muscle maves in my videogames

He was pretty fun to play as. I also liked the amount of moves he had that pulled enemies in closer to him as well. It was fun playing as a fist fighter who could work their magic from mid-range.

>Rokurou has a defensive break arte
>cant cancel out of arte animations into it to avoid damage mid combo

>Eizen has an offensive break arte, which also requires the enemy to be stunned anyway so there is ABSOLUTELY no reason the player would need to cancel out of an arte animation into it
>can cancel out of an arte animation into it

How the fuck are you supposed to chain into roku's 2rd MA besides luck then? Fucks sake

The only character in Berseria whos lines sound forced or delivered awkwardly is Velvet, and thats intentional because she's deliberately solid snake-ing her voice up to sound more menacing than the cute virgin 19 year old she is

First of all, those are called break soul, only Velvet has break artes proper, depending on which enemy type she hits with her break soul.
And I'm pretty sure break souls can cancel anything, so you could rely on their iframes to counter the bosses' own break souls. Although I must admit I didn't play characters other than Velvet a lot.

>than the cute virgin 19 year old she is
You forgot the part when a cute virgin 16 year old was caged and forced to kill and feed on daemons to survive for 3 years.

>only Velvet has break artes proper, depending on which enemy type she hits with her break soul.
Doesn't Magilou as well? She casts a different spell depending on the strength of a spell and/or number of spells her Spell Absorber absorbs.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. You may be right. Although I don't quite remember if they're officially classified as such in-game.

>Magilou will never tell you she loves you, even as a joke
It hurts

>You will never get to experience Magilou's taste in wedding dresses firsthand

Attached: Magilou bride.png (640x960, 310K)

Magi hates romantic crap. She seems the type that would silently push over and mount anyone she's interested in while making fun of them.

Attached: DybPSQmXgAAPbBE.jpg (1334x750, 153K)

>tfw boy is the best girl
Berseria truly is the best Tales of game

Attached: Laphicet.%28Tales.of.Berseria%29.full.2122361.jpg (640x960, 224K)

Why is Magilou always shoving her armpits on the viewers' faces?

Attached: 1402233368738.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

For me easil the worst part of the game was equipment. For crying out loud, I don't care about 11th damn amber blade except now it has +15 to focus or someshit. Nor do I care about those teeny tiny passive skills to grind from equipment like it's some diet FF9. And I most certainly don't care about this abortion of a crafting system.

She knows.

She knows what people want.

Attached: ToL_Magilou_Artwork.png (640x960, 139K)

God why theres no SFM model of these outfits goddammit

Attached: 1526965863724.jpg (437x431, 18K)

I also didn't like the fact that no one had an "ultimate" weapon as a result, on top of everything else you mentioned. I like getting a character's best weapon, especially in Tales games.

Absolutely based

Attached: 1545125740643.png (1420x1726, 924K)

She's not wrong. Valentine's is shit. Still wanna dote on her tho

Attached: 292dacd114917dab8acc6372409006b1.jpg (1518x1078, 313K)

There is one for mmd on iwara but he's keeping the model.

Magilou is what made me understand waifus

SMUG BITCH LET ME FUCK YOU AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1551032926277.jpg (580x548, 34K)

Seriously, my dick is hard everytime i look at Magilou. Especially on equipment screen

Attached: 1546375518090.jpg (871x1053, 201K)

Where's this from?

If I had sex with her I would bust a nut so powerful it would cause a fucking chain reaction of subatomic particles that would nuclear fission this world to fucking space dust

>Found SFM porn of black haired-girl and magilou
>It's Futa on Futa.
I can't stop masturbating.

Attached: 1544737095091.jpg (583x509, 60K)

And then she'd verbally abuse you for finishing too early.

You have to share with the class user.

Goddamn, living the dream

Faggot

no he fucking doesn't if you don't know who made it you can kill yourself you stupid normie

any good velvet pic?
I want to dick the lord of calamity

rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2981110

Attached: 1545376593681.png (1920x1080, 795K)

>ywn make Magilou cum
Why live

That's just the holdings page for Bamco user.

>rule34xxx
jesus imagine using that

Attached: 1550920231663.gif (470x437, 1.55M)

Autism. Dubs are always superior.

But it's a classic

I just want to post this for no reason.

Attached: questionmarks.png (952x4022, 2.46M)