What game did Yea Forums fool you into playing?

What game did Yea Forums fool you into playing?

Attached: 2E811997-B8A8-40A4-949D-ECBEB90C5D61.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

>Atom RPG
>Underrail
>Pathfinder:Kingmaker
>DOS2
The only game I was glad I bought was PoE 1 and 2

Attached: obama's girls share a white popsicle.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

Fallout 3

Attached: 1521996544645.png (500x458, 134K)

Life

This shit

Attached: Xenoblade Sucks.png (250x350, 189K)

Dark SOuls III, unistalled it after a few hours it was shit, clipping, floaty combat and ragdolls, NPCs mouths don't even move when they talk.

AAA game, apparently.

Underrail.

Still mad.

The Yakuza franchise, it's fun but turns out it's a yaoi game series, fap material for fujos

Half-life 2 and its stupid broken jumping feature.

Just find your dad bro!

Monster Hunter: World
Seriously never buying a game recommenced by Yea Forums, piratefag 4 lyfe

Attached: Capture.png (370x283, 130K)

A 3ds. Look at this hinge.

Attached: 7F54B478-14BC-4815-AE4C-0F964A54FA1A.gif (360x480, 3.83M)

You mean crouch jumping...?

DMC1, it was ultra shit, but at least DMC3 was nice.

>IQ too low to press 2 buttons at once

Attached: 1542753977299.gif (350x412, 437K)

Okami. It sucks so much. Repetitive combat and I just hated the artsy fartsy art style. Another flaw is how annoying Issun is. I wanted Amaterasu to swallow him in the intro, could have spared us this annoying bastard who rivals Navi from Ocarina of Time in terms of being an unwanted and annoying assistant.

But the gameplay is mostly the same as 3 and the RE4 roots gave it comfy atmosphere

Bloodborne

Dwarf Fortress, CDDA.
Both are trash with an even worse fanbase.

>Oblivion
>Dark Souls 3
>Lisa the Painful (Also fuck you Hbomberguy, there are no choices, not even an illusion of choice)

Attached: image.gif (400x296, 282K)

ss13. now it sucks 6 hours of my life everyday

Octopath

Not really trick into playing but Pathologic HD, it was kind of weird having to watch a play before the actual game started.

La Mulana. The controls were just flat out unfun and the constant feeling that I had no idea whether I just needed to try all the convoluted bullshit I could think of to get past a puzzle (which usually meant dying repeatedly due to forced damage) or just come back later when I had some item I'd never heard of was frustrating.
I imagine it's fun for people who like to waste hours trying to brute force everything or look up guides but I'm just not interested in looking through four pages of useless notes just to read online that I was supposed to crouch in a pot in a completely unrelated part of the dungeon.

>Dark Souls 3

Couldn't even beat the tutorial? What a shame.

gameplay is completely different from 3, it's closer to ninja gaiden or fucking nioh than 3/4

Nier

shit game that this board endlessly harped on because they don't read novels and *gasp* a video game sort of had a story for once

A Stanley parable

Attached: sda6a.jpg (326x326, 26K)

team fortress 2, thank fuck it didnt cost a penny

Dark Souls is AAA ? I'd say it's mid-tier, or AA

Ys 8. I felt so ripped off. Maybe the game opens up later but no part of it I played was actually fun.

tales of berseria

Hitman 2016, total shit. Stealth game for people that hate the genre.

this shit heap

Attached: 1548901956115.png (712x405, 682K)

anachronox

Nah, its AAA for sure.
It has x10 more content (and better gameplay) than every game that came out in 2016.

anachronox came out? i know im like 18 years late but i think i missed that

AAA is not a measure of content or gameplay qualtiy it is a measure of budget. Dark souls 1-2 are not AAA games, 3 is, bloodborne is

SMT if... Game is a slog, level design is terrible at times, story is almost nonexistent. Only good thing about it is the general atmosphere, spritework and music (most if not all tracks are from SMT1, but they come with some slight changes).

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei if... (Eng. patched v1.0).002.png (256x224, 8K)

dark souls
>roll in a circle for 10 minutes
it's fucking BORING

What the actual FUCK were they thinking with the underground labor camp dungeon. THREE FUCKING FULL MOON CYCLES IN A WORLD WITH INCREASED ENEMY RATES. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
That being said, I fucking love the pre-fight song. It's nice to be able to make the connection that it was remixed in Soul Hackers and SMT IV

>Rimworld
It’s a good game overall it’s just unappealing to me when it comes to island survival and Id rather play DF or The Forest at this point.

git gud pleb

>Yea Forums made you play the Stanley Parable
I doubt it.

Axiom Verge

No fight takes 10 minutes unless you do a broken sword hilt challenge run

euro cuck simulator
>omfgz comfy! this game is comfy! COMFY GAME GOOD
>try it
>its fucking boring ass krautshit tier shovelware

Dragon's Dogma.

came here to post this.
People kept hyping it up as a masterpiece, and when you get in, it is the most boring/bland game ever.

even my 3DS that I bought on release day doesn't have this much give.
You've gotta be pretty retarded to break it enough to make it move that easily.

Attached: 1549051563059.png (1280x1811, 295K)

personally, I think it had the most difficult decisions in a game I've played, especially the buddy/party one but I understand why you feel that way

risk of rain is fucking awful

Ori and the blind forest. Cuphead.

S4 League on a private server. It's great when there's enough people for 5v5 TD.

>Didn't enjoy Cuphead
Fine; bad game with remarkable visual design
>Didn't enjoy Ori
begone peasant

Different user
Some 3ds models are just terrible like that.
Especially the launch 3ds and the "new" 2dsxl.

>People kept hyping it up as a masterpiece, and when you get in, it is the most boring/bland game ever.
What the fuck are you talking about?
It has threads for like 2 days after launch then completely died out, even the threads were saying it was boring as fuck.

Bad game because it requires skill?

wrong way round chump, Ori is fucking trash

STALKER

Attached: 98251913.png (325x324, 49K)

yeah no idea what hes talking about ive never even heard of that game

Octopath Traveler and Resident Evil 4
Crucify me, I've already won

No, bad game because the run and gun sections are an atrocious afterthought that work against the game's design-- you should never lose track of your design vision because people who don't understand complain. that's one thing

the other thing is that the boss design isn't good, and is actually terrible compared to the games that cuphead wants to be like

cuphead wouldn't have been considered a good game if it launched on snes, genesis, neogeo etc with appropriate graphics/features for the time. the gameplay is pretty much nintendo level and it's just not great.

If you're puffing yourself up because you think it was "hard"-- congrats, you played through an easier game than shit I played on Nintendo as an 8 year old

Dragon's Dogma.

Like yeah, it's cool hopping on a dragon's dick and riding it. But it gets old fast.

>gameplay is mostly the same.

Do me a favor and don't play the upcoming game.

Hollow knight

I played Hollow Knight right before getting into Ori. I was on a big metroidvania fix and after the masterpiece that was HK, Ori felt like a boring slog. Christ sakes, 10 hours into the game and there was still handholding with the game telling you what to do. The game had a nice polish and looked great but the screen was zoomed so far away you never got to appreciate it. The gameplay was mediocre and honestly downright stressful at times. I was playing it with my gf and even she couldnt stomach it after awhile and we both abandoned it.

I just beat cuphead a week ago and it just felt meh. Awesome art direction over a pretty standard game. I just felt relieved when I finished it. No sense of reward of achievement like beating NKG or any of the challenges in hollowknight.

No, cuphead is easier than retro games.
The boss tells are insanely easy to notice due to the art.
And the RNG levels work fine with the design since it's soo easy to dodge and keep moving with, killing enemies does not net you anything.

Henked on

One of the puzzles made me lose interest. I think it was the one where you had to go up at a high level and jump on an alter. It's fucking stupid.

What videogame stories do you like, user?

Get fucking told bro.

I was correct, though, 3 just has more combos, weapons and the 4 styles.

I got told because he agreed with me DS3 is AAA?
Glad I could help.

Give a valid example instead of generalizing.

different appeal to different people, i found HK to be awful and unplayably depressing and quit in less than 3 hours

ori and the blind forest had one of my favorite ones of all time. i think it was the second vidya to ever make me cry after playing vidya since 1986 when i was 4 years old.

How does it feel knowing you have shit taste?

Attached: 1393542414573.jpg (137x130, 11K)

dragon's dogma

What part of Yea Forums repeatedly and loudly claiming that it was one of the worst games ever made convinced you it was worth a play? Were you just thinking that they had shit taste and that it would therefore be good? That would be more a case of fooling yourself into playing it.

not him but honestly anyone who listens to this board is fucking retarded, especially, most of all, in cases where the "board" clamors about a game being bad or good in unison

need i remind you that kingdom hearts and smash bros are the absolutely most beloved things in the universe here, not even real video games rofl

yo wtf thats my cat

Where did you get this photo of my cat?

Attached: unnamed2.jpg (950x1266, 76K)

Hollow Knight
Fortunately you can tell right away. Glad I pirated it instead.

Attached: 127654271057.jpg (486x485, 28K)

Hollow Knight. Fuck you assholes, metroidvanias still suck.

This. The game is garbage

>anyone who listens to this board is fucking retarded
This is the biggest fucking meme of all time
Yea Forums recommended me
>Fallout 1 and 2
>Lisa
>Risk of Rain
>STALKER
>Endless Space 2
>Killer7
>Skies of Arcadia
>Yakuza
>Nier
All of which place somewhere near the top of my favorites in their given genre or in the case of the original Fallouts, my favorites of all time

That first boss really is tricky huh?

this post/list is fucking hilarious because it's extremely obvious that your taste is out and out built by Yea Forums...you just play what people here tell you to play. youve listed off basically a full list of niche Yea Forums shit

>the original fallouts are your favorite games of all time
hahah

That puzzle is fucking nothing compared to some of later bullshit.

Hollow Knight
Smash

I am still mad that I even wasted like 20 hours in your overrated shit game.

I’m past the first two bosses, and have explored a lot of two more areas. It’s a tedious chore of a game with hellfuck amounts of backtracking. Difficulty is not a factor in my opinion.

It's literally just contrarian retards like you that perpetuate the "LE Yea Forums HAS SHIT TASTE" meme.
Of course the list is full of niche shit you fucking nonce, it's Yea Forums recommendations.

It's really too bad you can't use the difficulty excuse on shit use of room verticality and general level design.

poitn is have your own taste or your evaluation of others taste/opinion is meaningless

fallout 1/2 being your favorite game of all time screams "I want to be taken seriously even though I know I joined the hobby at the point where it's become mainstream"

have you even touched jagged alliance 2

The game is only popular because it is pretty and “charming”. Literally that’s it. Otherwise it’s a 4/10 tops.

Every game that Yea Forums has ever convinced me to play has been good

>it is pretty

except it's hideous and depressing
>black + one color the game

ori was at least genuinely beautiful and unique looking

Rain World kinda.
I just find moving around so slow and awkward. Maybe it had something to do with playing on a keyboard. All the controls felt super weird and awkward.

???
Literally all your dumb ass is saying is "Other people like these games which means you can't like them either!!!!!!!!!!!"
I've spent that last 10 years of my life on here, of course my fucking taste is going to be shaped somehow by Yea Forums. Would you rather me never visiting Yea Forums and just be playing braindead AAA trash like everyone else? That would me be "evaluating my own taste" by your definition of it, because I would have never been introduced to these series without Yea Forums.
And then you bring up Jagged Alliance 2 like it isn't sucked off by Yea Forums as much as any of the other games that I listed off, you sound like a fucking newfag pretending to be an oldfag.

I throw Rain World in the same pile as games like Lisa

I love what you did with your world design, I love what you did with your characters, I love what you did with the music. I don't like playing the video game.

I will wiki the video game, but also I will buy your game on sale because thank you for making a thing.

I will say, that after expressing good will of this nature as a consumer, it's depressing when you see an ultra cash grab like Lisa the Joyful come out. Zero content in that pretty much and just ends the story on an even sadder note. fuck.

Sleeping dogs. The controls on PC are pure trash, the menus are consolized garbo and the story is jaw breaking yawn boring.

>I've spent that last 10 years of my life on here, of course my fucking taste is going to be shaped somehow by Yea Forums.

I've spent the last 13 years on here and my taste isnt shaped by Yea Forums whatsoever. Why do you think that is?

It's a Tumblrina Zoomer's view of depressing and fails on all accounts.

Attached: Salubra.png (614x425, 305K)

ARK.

Was told it can be played as a chill dino themed crafting and building game.

>It has so many bugs it can't be called anything but an alpha
>Literally none of the systems are fully fleshed out and most are still very inconsistent (the bugs)
>The AI is trash
>The power scaling is super grindy but not at all difficult
>It looks like trash
>The people that still play it take it very seriously and pretend it is competitive

Also the studio is making a new game re-using 100% of the assets so basically it is a scam.

>Why do you think that is?
You are a contrarian who, God forbid, plays a game liked by a majority of people on an anime imageboard?

>fallout 1/2 being your favorite game of all time screams "I want to be taken seriously even though I know I joined the hobby at the point where it's become mainstream"
Fuck you nigger I've been playing them since '01.

my summer car

>the only possible explanation for another's life following a different path from my own is the word "contrarian"

I can't seem to figure out why I stopped coming to this board, the quality of discussion is just so high

did you know they were bad when they came out? y'all niggas probably didnt even play crusader

XBC2, and I am glad they did

You are trying way too hard to fit in, newfag. Literally nobody here shills Fallout 3. If you said New Vegas I would have actually believed you.

>>the only possible explanation for another's life following a different path from my own is the word "contrarian"
The irony of this post is fucking palpable

this

crouch jumping is so easy a seven year old could do it, and I dont even think HL2 requires you to do it

>late game ori when you can triple-jump, glide, and lock-on bash enemies
>don't need the floor anymore
>ori's somersault every third jump
>fast walljumps

I've never had more fun moving around a game world, fuck the haters, and honestly fuck the air dash the definitive edition added, the game didn't need that shit

you can 100% skip the anti-grav bullshit in the gumo ruins area by bashing off your own grenades

God Eater 2. What a fucking waste. The movement manages to be both slow and slippery, which combines with combat that consists of chasing damage sponge enemies across a large map for half an hour with a combat system that is wholly unsatisfying.

>there is somehow now a third one of these games
>zero indication it was coming and the team was supposed to be making code vein i thought
>just appeared out of thin air the other day

are God Eater games a form of fungus?

this fucking godawful piece of shit right here

Attached: 220px-The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg (220x198, 21K)

Played recently and wasnt that much into it as well. I liked a lot the feeling of gameplay being so different and exploring nintendo ds controls but everything else was meh. What you didnt like about it though?

Fallout new vegas

Pic related. I tried it a couple of months ago and is terrible, the sound effects, the graphics and the gameplay itself feels half-assed. The only redeming thing is its tremendus amout of dialogue.
Also this, I mean it looks really nice, but the gameplay is boring, I don't want to swipe my fingers across all the fucking screen. Also the MC is one hell of an annoying piece of shit

Attached: fa204532133f3ded41330f4d07fcf4125518237cf867681e08853317f87cbf8e.jpg (1600x740, 311K)

That fucking piece of shit, I don't get it, the story is okey at best, the gameplay is a fucking mess, the game is not hard at all, and let's not talk about the fucking excuse of a soundtrack it has.

Drakengard 3.

Nah i bought that with my dick.

Nier Automta.
most childish, pretentious, poorly coded "cinematic experience" i've ever been subjected to.

Attached: nier a tomata.png (986x1378, 1.62M)

THIS

>spoiler
I will FLAY YOU FUCKER

The Witcher 3....

I should have fucking known Yea Forums had shit taste.

Attached: 1550776434055.jpg (960x720, 147K)

>Dragon's dogma
Fun for the first half hour then it becomes shit
>Bloodborne
Literally the same GARBAGE as dark souls 3 (i enjoyed DaS for everything and DaS2 for the pvp, but 3 was pure shit)

i've seen equal if not more hate of the witcher 3 than praise on Yea Forums

>Shit Taste: The Post

Attached: 1255134612347.jpg (355x355, 26K)

Want smokin' sick style zelda?
Go play the first 2 Darksiders game.

As a bonus they aren't weebshit.

>likes 2

How are you "tricked" into playing a game? Do you retards just blindly play whatever the Yea Forums hivemind tells you to and then think it's a diabolical scheme to waste 3 hours of your 18 hours of free time? I can usually tell pretty fucking easily whether I would like a game or not, and even if I don't like it most of the time I could see why others would.

Project some more, faggot.
PVP in 2 was by far the best in the entire series.
especially at the infinite SL range where everyone could use everything they want.

None because when i'm interested in a game I do a cursory amount of research into it instead of believing the first opinion I hear from a board that thinks telltale games are good.

Attached: 1549843929904.jpg (400x463, 26K)

Neir: automata
Darkest dungeon
One was boring as shit and the other has potential but is too mind-numbingly frustrating

Do you know what projection means you braindead chimp? Saying that you're a shit taste retard isn't "projection" it's a (truthful) insult

2 is still so expensive on steam and with bugs and crashes. should I just pirate it?

Go discuss BB/Dark souls lore on /vg/ you nigger, stop wasting my time, this is your last (You) from me, subhuman nigger.

>should I just pirate it?
Is it a single player game? If you can't figure out the answer from that, I don't know what to tell you.

The remaster of the first game is excellent, buy it.
for 2 just pirate the Vanilla version, cause the remaster sucks ass, and runs like shit on high end rigs.

No need to be so fucking dramatic.

Sorry about your feelings.