Alright, you fuckers convinced me, I just hacked my 3DS

Alright, you fuckers convinced me, I just hacked my 3DS.

Now what do I do with it, is there a way of getting proper 3DS games or is it all just emulation that I could do much better on my laptop with a bigger screen anyway?

Attached: humbru.png (800x400, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digiex.net/threads/new-super-ultimate-injector-3ds-inject-nes-snes-gb-gbc-gba-smd-gamegear-turbigrafx-16-roms.15394/
3ds.hacks.guide
youtu.be/O4UDNtsYBR8
youtu.be/_dYks__1vCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You download cias off the internet

Attached: 1511217332588.jpg (1497x5184, 3.23M)

So that doesn't fuck up your system or anything?

you need a manager or something for that dont you?

There used to be freeshop a 3ds app that let you download games for free off the eshop because of an exploit with how the 3ds detects piracy. Nintendo nuked the fuck out of it when Wario ware gold came out. Now you need an app called fbi that lets you install cia files (the file type of 3ds apps) it not that hard to find after a quick google search.

1. Download a cia for the game you're interested in
2. Drop the cia into the sd card you have homebrew on
3.Run FBI depending on how you install homebrew you may have fbi already set up, otherwise you'll have to set it up yourself then go to the sd option, find the game file and select install cia (you can also pick the option to delete the cia afterwards, that won't hurt anything)
Keep in mind that some games may take a while to download onto the 3ds, the game I put on it last night took around 3 hours

Attached: 1537670626485.png (374x360, 213K)

Did you install custom firmware or just installed homebrew? Because home brew is very limited. To play game back ups (pirate games) you need to install custom firmware.

digiex.net/threads/new-super-ultimate-injector-3ds-inject-nes-snes-gb-gbc-gba-smd-gamegear-turbigrafx-16-roms.15394/

You can also install some old retro games on the 3ds and use the official emulated Nintendo uses for virtual console. Except for one game everything I’ve thrown into it worked flawlessly. Please note you need a new 3ds to use the official emulator for snes, however if you own the old 3ds you can still play snes games but it uses a fan made emulator instead that’s pretty buggy.

Well shit, guess I'll get a custom firmware going then. Not really sure how to go about that mind you.

Also to If i have only the Homebrew launcher installed, via the Steeldiver method if that matters, can I still run FBI or should I just go full on and get a custom firmware going?

not OP but where would you start with custom firmware?

3ds.guide

>If i have only the Homebrew launcher installed, via the Steeldiver method if that matters, can I still run FBI or should I just go full on and get a custom firmware going?
Nope, the custom firmware would be your best bet.

3ds.hacks.guide

Make sure you read it carefully and follow it closely because if you fuck up you can brick your 3ds.

The guide also tells you how to install FBI

this is what puts me off it
i dont have enough money to get a new 3ds and if i brick the one i have im fucked

I'm on cfw 11.6 and Luma 8.something, can't update Luma over internet because of some internet protocol that only 11.9 has (so I've heard). Can I safely update to 11.9 then update Luma?

Just follow the instructions and don't do anything dumb

Just read it carefully. There’s also a video demonstration by this guy on YouTube.

youtu.be/O4UDNtsYBR8

This method works with the new firmware. I recommend watching it first to kinda get more comfortable, then to watch it again and follow the instructions.

Here’s also a video to back up your 3ds (however you need custom firmware first)
youtu.be/_dYks__1vCA

i need to find my 3ds version at some point its the original blue one

What version is your 3ds on?

just let me find it ill be here in like, a minute

It works with all versions of the 3ds

ver 11.8.0-41E

how the hell do I make a QR code with a .cia, I don't wanna go get an sd card reader

>tfw still on LUMA 11.4.0
Am I safe? Should I upgrade? if so, how?

Attached: 1545294560088.jpg (1467x2608, 359K)

As easy to type "3ds .cias" and there you go, get that SD filled with games.

The guide is basically written in a way where you have to be a complete retard to fuck up. You’d be fine