Sakurai states that he considers representation from different series when choosing assist trophies and even tries to...

> Sakurai states that he considers representation from different series when choosing assist trophies and even tries to put characters from niche series
> Proceeds to cut assists from Drill Dozer, Excitebike, Sin & Punisment, Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Kururin and Jam with the Band.

What a fucking hypocrite.

Attached: Dz5XUYHX0AAhiTI.jpg (639x670, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1098247529722929154
youtu.be/jmS05ZX3C4w
youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM
youtu.be/ninyyswYtLA
youtu.be/1wXuy5u4qTI
nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/
ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Kid Icarus has three characters for three games
>Pikmin has four games and one character

>they prioritized a Pit recolor over Alph

That's the power of Sakurai bias

>They prioritized a pit recolor over an olimar recolor

Here is the full interview btw, it also has info about bosses, spirits, etc..

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1098247529722929154

The man is a constant hypocrite. In other news, water is wet.

Attached: Facepalm.png (223x247, 57K)

Are there going to be multiple fighters passes?

Sakurai really should not have touched the series after Melee.

Any reasons why Punch-Out didn't get an AT?

Fuck off Sakurai

Attached: terrorist_bomberman.jpg (900x696, 87K)

>tfw Bombermanfags got btfo
Unwarranted

Bomberman is used to getting BTFO, nothing new

Good stuff

I mean, there's nothing you can really do with Pikmin characters besides just making clones of Olimar.

I do think Alph should of been upgraded into an echo fighter, but alas. I imagine maybe Sakurai doesn't want to work with more Pikmin characters due to how complicated the Pikmin themselves are

>DK and Metroid had new games come out in close proximity to the releases of new smashes
>Ridley and K Rool get in when neither franchise does

Attached: 1548842365509.png (457x567, 78K)

>chrom randomly gets in when there's been 5 new fire emblem games since awakening and another one close to release

That's because, unlike the previous games, they had the ballot to work off of. K. Rool and Ridley in particular were cited by Sakurai as picks from the ballot.

Richter or Simon were my first choice for a second Konami rep but I'm not gonna lie, Bomberman got done incredibly dirty.

Wait, so Sakurai would have never considered K.Rool if the ballot wasn't a thing?

Exactly

Based on K. Rool never coming up before in his discussions of considered characters in previous games, that seems like the case. What a retard.

K. Rool has kind of disappeared from his series for the past decade, it's not that hard to see why he wouldn't be a high priority normally.

That's nice. Shame they need to be explicitly told who people want to be playable because they're so out of touch/biased.

Attached: 1541197544751.png (772x562, 669K)

SEETHING

Attached: images (1).png (231x219, 8K)

Let's be real his last GOOD appearance was in a fucking Mario Baseball game. Jungle Climber was okay at best but everything else Paon made was bargain bin shovelware.

That's the problem with Sakurai, he always chooses characters based on relevancy instead of legacy and fan demand. Look at the Smash 4 newcomers, all of them were in recent games around that time expect for Duck Hunt who is the token retro rep.

Actually, this is a really good question. It wouldn't be hard at all to just include one of the many opponents from the series. Probably one of the most baffling Assist omissions from fighter-repped series along with Yoshi and Final Fantasy

>so out of touch/biased.
Nah, I think they make the right choices compared to meme or autistic picks like steve and shit this board picks I like the smash roster but if waluigi got in I would literally boycott everything smash despite all the autists wanting it so if I had to pick between out of touch or waluigifags? Yeah I 100% prefer out of touch in that situation

Louie controlling the bugs of Pikmin would be a great moveset and not involve the Pikmin AI.

Final Fantasy is just copyright spaghetti. There's no excuse for them not to have Assist Trophies like King Hippo, Poochy and Kamek. Especially Kamek since he's already in a stage.

Imagine being this mad over a fictional character getting in a video game.

Come on user, you sound like an Ashleyfag now.

Literally swapping out a single Pikmin for another one would be a more significant change than Dark Pit "uh his bow and side-b are different, and one tilt is also tweaked". Even compared with Lucina and Dr. Mario, Dark Pit is a lame fucking addition.

>I will boycott a fanservice game for servicing fans

Attached: 1533397647856.png (700x700, 513K)

>"if a franchise keeps getting games it'll get fighters/ATs but I also like to represent niche franchises"
>no Rhythm Heaven assist trophy
hate this fuckin' spic.

Attached: 1540439770792.gif (250x250, 267K)

Posting in case anyone cares to watch and hasn't seen it yet. Smash Ultimate was planned before 2015.
youtu.be/jmS05ZX3C4w

>DK only gets one assist and it's a reused asset

It's a crime Rambi isn't an assist

>This old Smash art style
MY NOSTALGIAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: Dz27DoOUYAI2xCe-orig.jpg (1280x1344, 287K)

Does anyone even fucking remember Gogoat? Fucker should've been Rambi from the start. He was still making appearances in the Smash 4 days too.

I've thought this for years and it was especially prevalent after they revealed Gogoat as a pokeball summon.

>still no classic kirby alt

Attached: frick.png (500x500, 480K)

Are you saying characters that appeared since the year 2000 can't have legacy? Sounds like you're the one who's biased

>Rambi isn't DK's final smash

Attached: 1525555974479.png (500x336, 246K)

It's literally a reddit meme you faggots, stop trying to force your irrelevant shitty spinoff shit waluigi fags it's patethic you defending a literal fictional character, one nobody likes on top of that

>It would offer a new kind of stage
This level is actually pretty annoying to traverse. I constantly fall through the ramps.

Attached: Moray Twoers.jpg (583x398, 52K)

>does anyone even remember gogoat
More than Rambi
>He was still making appearances in the Smash 4 days too.
...so was gogoat

When the fuck did I say that? Did you read what I wrote correctly?

>Instead of just giving the character a participation sticker Sakurai goes out of his way to make Assist trophies as interactable as possible and making them act just like fighters
Why are Isaac and Bomberfags so ungrateful?

Smash lore is getting terrifying.

Attached: Sakurai's son.jpg (606x391, 32K)

>Kirby games release within proximity of new smashes twice
>Can't get dick for shit from any games released the same decade that isn't a png file

Attached: 1548120410375.gif (160x224, 22K)

>when did I say that

>he always chooses characters based on relevancy instead of legacy and fan demand. Look at the Smash 4 newcomers, all of them were in recent games
Lucina and Robin have legacy
So does Wii Fit
So do Miis
So does mega man
But you ignored it because they appeared recently

pikmin doesn't count as a video game, it's a cringe simulator

What about Dixie Kong? Cranky even? Both were in Tropical Freeze, and Cranky was in both of Retro's games. Something tells me Sakurai just isn't a big fan of DK, which is understandable. Doesn't seem like his style.

> Not picking characters like Greninja and Corrin who were shillpicks
Mega Man is a third party, so I didn't include him, since they are mainly older characters, but the first-party got some flacks. People even complained about it back then.

>Sakurai wanted a generic enemy fighter
>Could have pleased fans at the same time
>Didn't
I didn't even want him, but anyone looks fucking godly after Incineroar and the plant

Attached: 1524939666719.jpg (941x849, 63K)

>greninja
LITERALLY handpicked by Sakurai himself, not GF. The fact that you think he's a shill proves my point. Same with Corrin.

>The thought process was that he was analyzed at some point
Or all the “Kirby” battles are actually just clones of Meta Knight, since he’s, you know, the same species as Kirby.

No metaknight is a borb.

Sakurai really crossed the line by finally giving Dedede the masked dedede final smash he always deserved but not putting the masked dedede theme in which was the best part about it

Attached: 1521779340156.png (403x272, 182K)

>LITERALLY handpicked by Sakurai himself, not GF.
Sakurai was “literally” given the starters as choices and picked from those three. He’s said as much himself that Greninja got in because he looked coolest

Imagine getting this defensive over a children party game's roster.

Imagine S E E T H I N G this hard because your z-list scrub didn't get in.

>Greninja got in because he looked coolest
So...not a shill pick. Greninja is genuinely popular. Glad to know he lives in your head R E N T F R E E

>i haz no argument argumint so i maek le reddit tear response by calling u defensiv XD

Since you posted Borb

>Galaxia Darkness finally gets added to to the Kirby series proper
>Gets replaced instead of getting updated to match

Attached: 1519351821940.png (164x152, 4K)

Olimar has been in since Brawl though

In Smash 4's case, the roster was locked down back in early 2012, well before Tropical Freeze was announced. The most recent DK game by then was DKC Returns, which only featured DK and Diddy as the main characters.

>it's not a shill pick since he picked one out of three shill options
What retard logic is this? Why do Sakurai shills think they can twist words convincingly?

>NOOOOOOOOOO U LIEK THING I DON'T LIEK U R RETURDED SHILL
I can strawman, too, faggotron. Stay salty

Then quit crying

You haven't explained why Sakurai picking one of three shill options somehow made it not a shill rep.

You haven't explained why they were shill options, faggot. All he had to do was say no.

He knows people don’t like Assist Trophies. Does he keep including them out of Japanese pride?

Like, what else could he do? This game only had five unique newcomers, one semi-clone and five echo fighters, they didn't have room for most of the characters people wanted due to "Everyone is here", and the ballot wasn't going to affect DLC plans due to Nintendo deciding it, so Sakurai thought it'd be nice to give the characters that couldn't be priortised for playable status a notable gameplay role with a moving model

He can't make everyone playable, this is why assist trophies Are a thing, to make fans happy for seeing their favorite character

All that model does is let people mod in the characters they actually want.

>People will mod in Krystal

Attached: nice mre.png (566x480, 344K)

>Draw a Luma
>slap Wario's moustache on it
>call it a character
The absolute state of eceleb """"artists""""

>Your most wanted is an item and a reminder you can’t play as them
>Holy shit thank you Sakurai!

MUH FAVORITE CHARACTER DIDN'T GET IN
I WAS GOING TO PLAY HIM FOR 5 MINUTES AND NEVER MAIN HIM BUT SAKURAI WON'T LET ME

Attached: 1533081428268.gif (466x257, 3.16M)

So what he's saying is... Sans is in Smash?

> Being mad that your favorite character is featured in Smash.
AT is a big deal too you know, at least you get a model

I can't beleive this game has 80 characters and people still get upset about their picks not getting in.

You got K Rool and Ridley what else do you want

MK looks similar to Kirby but is nowhere near the kind of entity Kirby is.
Kirby has closer relations to Dark Matter and Zero than MK

>That's the problem with Sakurai, he always chooses characters based on relevancy

No fucking way he does this. He only chooses to rep shit he likes. He does not care about fans, he does not care about Nintendo's history, he does NOT CARE about anyone but himself.

Fire Emblem is a prime example of this.

>proceeds to add Thwomp
Sakurai is human, Ultimate is good, but it isnt perfect, it has mistakes, and this is one of them.

why do you fags care so much about this game for babies? do you realize this site is 18+?

>he does NOT CARE about anyone but himself because he doesn't care about ME ME ME ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!1!

Nintendo set themselves up. People asked, some got what they wanted, and others didn't. Doesn't help that a literal generic enemy got in that wasn't even a popular one and everyone has to wait 6-10 years for another chance. Not everyone wanted those two, and judging by some things, a lot of people wanted others.
youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0iTDafXuM

t. Ridley, Simon, and K Roolfag

Attached: 1534669836008.png (682x384, 361K)

People want interesting characters that have been requested since forever. Ridley, Rool, and Simon are awesome. The other choices are fucking shit. This game DOES NOT need any more Pokemon, FE, ANimal Crossing, Mario, and Joke characters. They had the ballot but threw that in the fucking trash.

Dumbass

So why does FE get to tie Legend of Zelda for roster inclusions?

>You got K Rool and Ridley what else do you want
As a K. Rool/Ridleyfag, this is really meaningless. There were people against both of their inclusions or simply didn’t care for these two to begin with.There are plenty of other characters people want. I’m personally happy to finally get the two scaly bastards, but not everyone will feel the same way.

kys waluigifag

>Smash lore
Is fucking terrible. Even Dissidia has a better lore backdrop.

>is fucking terrible
>t. didn't get his favorite character in

t. geno/ashley/isaac/waluigi fag

>piranha plant
>not popular
Okay
>animal crossing
Seriously? It's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it only has TWO reps.

Why not? It has a lot of characters, so it properly represents the fanchise.

Almost as if no matter what he does, someone will be mad

>and it only has TWO reps
And it only needed one. Thank fuck Isabelle will be removed from the next game.

So why hasn't Zelda gotten a new character since Brawl?

Playable Excitebike Rider when?

DELUSIONAL

But Ness has been in the game since the beginning shitposter-kun.

Seethe harder, cuck. Who are you to decide who gets in?

>Almost as if no matter what he does, someone will be mad
Pretty much, however, I might add that adding in a generic mook doesn’t exactly help heal any wounds.

Sorry your wojaks are worthless. Stay strong Waluigi, Isaac, Shantae, Skullkid, Rayman, Dee, and any other characterfags. Trust me when I say you only have no chance when you quit.

Attached: 1526019657725.jpg (800x640, 114K)

Stage and remixes are garbage. At least the inkling itself is fine.

>picks one of the most hated original stages for Smash representation

Sakurai is probably not even going to add Villager back either, which will be a shame. But you Isabellecucks not getting her back in warms my heart.

>Why not? It has a lot of characters, so it properly represents the fanchise.
That could describe almost every fighter's franchise.

>Sakurai is probably not even going to add Villager back either,
pffffffffAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!
>But you Isabellecucks not getting her back in warms my heart.
Dang, son, you have Terminal Autism. I don't know where AC touched you but you need help I'm not even an isabelle cuck

How many are actually playable, retard?

Only one pathetic here is you for wanting to boycott a game just for one character

>Only new Zelda character since melee was another Link clone
>Not a single one-off, even from the cult classic that got remade because of fan demand
>Ganondorf only inching away from his clone status each game
>FE getting one-off characters every smash

Attached: 1537966351602.jpg (600x460, 38K)

Should have selected Inkopolis or something else

>How many are actually playable, retard?
The fuck do you mean? In their home franchises? In smash?

Waluincels should be put down

It’s a big deal to the character’s creator. It’s a middle finger to a character’s fans.

I am still calling bullshit that, during the development of Splat2, this was voted for the most liked stage in the west. Not even /ink/ knew of this shitty poll and it was the most hated stage in the first game.

Attached: I love you to death.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Let me guess, you're not a Reddit fag despite knowing exactly what characters they want in Smash?

The series mascot won’t be removed. Isabelle isn’t going anywhere.

>In their home franchises

Unlike FE Zelda has at least 3 characters of consistent importance that appear in a majority of games.

Any non-skullkid ideas?
Honestly curious not many characters outside the main 3 feel memorable enough for a slot

>Let's be real his last GOOD appearance was in a fucking Mario Baseball game
That was his last appearance in general, Super Sluggers came out AFTER Jungle Climber

Why is this guy an AT and not an Echo Fighter?

Attached: ShadowAssist1.jpg (1200x675, 174K)

Attached: 1522769836298.png (2000x2000, 655K)

In terms of charactes who deserve it, I'd definitely say it's between Tingle and Impa. They've both pulled their weight in terms of how many entries they've appeared in/their roles.

So then why do some franchises have characters where smash is their only playable appearances?

Okay, so, the big problem for me is that Sakurai doesn't focus on what is really important. Which is legacy.
Wait wait wait, that doesn't count for all characters though, so someone like Erdrick shouldn't be in because... He is a sword user! Yes, and it's important! For the characters to be fun, and it's a this that Sakurai...
Wait wait wait. Variety is important but you can't add a fucking plant to the game, I am tired of these joke characters. Look, it can't be some enemy, it got to be a popular character...
Wait, wait, wait! For fuck sake no, you can't have Sora or Steve. I mean popular with the fans of smash...
But not Ashley fags, or Bandana Goomba fags, or Waluigi fags . What I am saying is, the characters that should be added should have popularity and fan request, legacy, uniqueness and it should also be a puppet man with a name starting with G. Unless that happens Sakurai is a total hack.

K. Rool's legacy was having his last appearance be in a Mario spin off. No wonder he ignored K. Rool.

>why do some franchises have characters where smash is their only playable appearances?
Because of autistic crying. See: K. ringe and Cringely

>Yea Forums is one person
Also
>harping about geno when nobody mentioned him in a positive light

Attached: 73320804_p0.png (891x798, 246K)

Midna, Impa, Ghirahim, Fi, Lana, Cia

Because that's more than he deserves. There's only one choice if a Sonic clone has to be made.

Attached: 1525172185543.png (894x894, 327K)

That doesn't explain why K. Rool was left out of Brawl. He debuted in the same game as Diddy.

Tetra is a solid choice

NOOOOOOO EVERYONE IS A GENOFAG BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY WOJAK I HAVE LEFT

Attached: 1529122363025.png (527x504, 171K)

Diddy took priority, that's why.

It's like why Dixie didn't make into Ultimate, because K. Rool took priority.

>Metal Sonic doing wind-up punches and spit-kicks

That's fucking retarded and would be insanely out-of-character

K.Rool was playable in a few DK spin-offs and Mario Sluggers though.

Not that user, but Ken has some unique animations and more inputs than Ryu. Echoes don’t have to be as lazy as Daisy and Dark Samus.

So is Dark Samus having most of Samus' abilities. And so would Shadow being that shit too.

Besides, that's under the assumiption they wouldn't change the animations, which is a bullshit one.

Attached: 1529230828499.jpg (1200x800, 133K)

>And so would Shadow being that shit too.
Shadow has already been a 1:1 Sonic clone within their own series, more times than Metal Sonic has.

Then make him a Ken tier echo.

>Be me
>Melee is my first Smash
>OoT was my favorite game so Link was my main
>Olimar was my most wanted newcomer for Brawl
>He got in
>Lucina was my most wanted newcomer for Sm4sh
>She got in
>A Castlevanian rep was my most wanted newcomer for Ultimate
>Got TWO on top of a new stage and several songs
>tfw always got what I wanted

Feels good to not be a genofag/waluigifag/bandanafag

Attached: 1543637692706.jpg (492x489, 68K)

A bulk of Assist Trophies are characters that couldn't quite be playable for whatever reason but were still popular enough to warrant appearance on the battlefield. The fact that Shadow was chosen as the AT of the Sonic series shows that he's the closest Sonic character to being playable.

>Lucina was my most wanted newcomer for Sm4sh

Attached: 1538882631748.jpg (1080x1042, 61K)

Shadow has been shown to have his own fighting style separate from Sonic's

Not him, but Palutena and Dixie were my most-wanted newcomers for Smash 4. Palutena actually making it in and Dixie STILL not being in by Ultimate is retroactively making me feel like I "wasted a wish" asking for Palutena.

>> Sakurai states that he considers representation
entire cast are cis straight whites or non humans
yeah he's lying about caring about representation

> Palutena
Imagine wanting a NPC playable

>What a fucking hypocrite.
Every single Sakurai interview is bullshit, how have people not learned this yet? Specially after
>muh ridley too big for smash!

>cringe simulator
What did the zoomer mean by this?

>niche franchises
ok sakurai

Attached: 1550003763418m.jpg (659x1024, 126K)

It's more about wanting the GOOD npcs playable.

Attached: 1529431314607.jpg (1600x1200, 714K)

t. Waifufag

Except, Shadow’s been in that spot since Brawl. I wouldn’t find being a reoccurring assist trophy an achievement.

I mean, technically my most wanted was already someone from Castlevania, but at the time I didn´t even consider it to be a posibility, so there was no point in desiring it. So Lucina was my most wanted from the non-delusional options.

That's what Shiek and Zelda were in Melee

>Wanting Palutena
You deserve the disappointment.

>when choosing assist trophies
Read the whole sentence. The new Bayonetta assist isn't white.
Not that this stops him from being a hypocritical liar. *cough* Kirby *cough*

Sakurai is a lying piece of shit and a moron.
More news at eleven.

Throwing punches, kicks, or headbutts at ALL would be out of character for Metal. If you're going to change all that from him, he wouldn't be an Echo anymore.

>> Sakurai states that he considers representation from different series

>during SSB4WiiU developement, made Alph a skin after saying shit like, "less clones", even though Olimar and Alph had access to different Pikmin, were completely different races, and Olimar already had his own moveset in the last game. Not even more than 1 month, then proceeds to announce Dark Pit is his own character
>More FE reps than there are LoZ characters

Fuck off you donkey! Go make KIU2 and stop fucking around.

Attached: 1487296722944.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

>during SSB4WiiU developement, made Alph a skin after saying shit like, "less clones", even though Olimar and Alph had access to different Pikmin
It was so weird that Sakura's Miiverse post reveal of Alph actually containted "-and no, he can't use Rock Pikmin."

>Throwing punches, kicks, or headbutts at ALL would be out of character for Metal.
Sonic the Fighters disagrees. A game in which Sonic also has some of his moves pulled from. You could easily just change the punches Sonic has to clawing.
youtu.be/ninyyswYtLA

Iam still fucking pissed. On top of nerfing Olimar's move set from Brawl and then that shit happening.

atleast he had visually different moves in sonic battle, a shitty take on smash for gameboy

That game wasn’t Smash like though.

>out as an AT
>in as an outfit
HE'S IN

Attached: 1967917_p0.jpg (400x300, 40K)

Pikmin has one character too many.
Olimarfags get the rope.

>implying Sakurai gets to turn down fucking Game Freak
Nigger, he's explained that every game gets at least one new Pokémon fighter.

So, why isn't Eggman in Smash yet

>one of the most iconic villains in gaming
>not a boss
>not an assist
>just a png
Seriously, what the fuck? Same for Tails.

>there are retards who still believe Bayo legitimately won the ballot
Ten bucks says he's not entirely honest either about the Ultimate DLC candidates all being chosen by Nintendo.

Attached: super_smash_bros__moveset__dr__eggman_by_undertalecancerman_dbgpe0p-pre.jpg (724x1104, 176K)

>every game gets at least one new Pokémon fighter.
GEE ALMOST LIKE IT'S THE HIGHEST GROSSING IP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!

>Down Special is just a generic downwards attack that wouldn't even work when grounded.

>won't put in characters from a series with "no future"
>last kid icarus game was seven years ago and most of the FE characters haven't had a game in at least five years
Seems kinda weird

He tried his best, okay? He gave you everything he could to make the best game he could and give as many people as possible what they wanted.

LIVE HIM ALONE OKAY?!?

Way to miss the point, chief. The whole argument was that retard-kun actually thought Sakurai was ever in the position to deny Game Freak a shill rep.

You got shit better?

>nerfing Olimar's move set from Brawl
He was upper C-tier in 4

That better not be true, but Joker isn't a good sign. I'm just hoping Erdrick isn't DLC, as that will confirm it a lie more than anything else.

Attached: 3639595.png (502x400, 93K)

How did I miss the point? It's a perfectly reasonable explanation?
>The whole argument was that retard-kun actually thought Sakurai was ever in the position to deny Game Freak a shill rep.
Game Freak literally can't do anything if he says no. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a shill rep. Stay mad.

then i guess tetris needs some playable reps then, where the fucks my boy L-block, hell get the whole block crew in there

>I constantly fall through the ramps.
That's intentional, you naturally walk down the ramps on Moray Towers compared to other ramps that you always walk up instead.

I know you thought this was a clever post, but no one wants to play as a block. Also, issues with licensing.

>I'm just hoping Erdrick isn't DLC, as that will confirm it a lie more than anything else.
Nintendo's been promoting western Dragon Quest releases on their consoles since the NES. They clearly want it to be popular outside of Japan.

Based Sakurai
We don't need more Pikmin top tiers in Smash.

but its one of the best selling franchises, it obviously needs representation
you need to stop being so pissy about great-selling franchises getting smash reps, even if nobody would actually want them, sales and being a playable advertisement is all that matters for smash

nice conspiracy theories

>advertisement
USUM came out an entire year before smash ultimate. Why would they advertise a game that old?

Attached: DBYaD.png (1366x766, 1.22M)

Sakurai is the one that adds Pokemon reps. It's his choice. GameFreak doesn't push shit.
Nintendo doesn't own tetris though.

You mad af. People obviously wanted inceneroar, even on Yea Forums. And it's been proven that he's popular. Sounds to me that you don't want him and you're butthurt

>act just like fighters

That's kind of the problem though, it's getting less and less 'wacky outlandish assist' and more 'this could easily be playable but isn't. There's a lot of them like that in Ultimate, feels like they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

>playable advertisement
It's not much of an advertisement since the newest game at the time was LGPE.

I'm surprised more people aren't calling potential bullshit on Joker somehow being on Nintendo's list. To be fair, however, Erdrick wouldn't be proof one way or another IMO since he makes sense with the Switch playing host to several DQ offerings.

I know some people will cite Persona Q2 to justify Joker, but come on, it's a dinky spinoff. Plus 3DS is clearly all but dead in Nintendo's eyes and has been for some time, and even finally at a point where it doesn't get included in general Directs. Why would Nintendo give a single dusty fuck about promoting a third party spinoff of Sony exclusive games for a platform they don't actively promote anymore?

If Erdrick does get confirmed, one thing will be certain: Nintendo REALLY desperately wants Japbucks and hipster weeb bucks this time.

actually about the time he was added in development would have lined up with USUM's just like how geninja lined up smash 4's, so its wholly possible he was added purely as a cross-promotion
if he's not supposed to be a advertisment i see absolutely zero reason why incineroar would have gotten picked over actually popular pokemon like gengar

Joker seems like a character Nintendo would put, though. They have a great relationship with Atlus at the moment.

Really? Moray Towers is my favorite Splatoon stage. Maybe it's because I'm an Inkbrush main, but zipping around and flailing paint everywhere was so fun.

>so its wholly possible he was added purely as a cross-promotion
That's definitely not the case. Incineroar was picked around Sun and Moon's release and Ultimate would have been released way too late into Gen 7 to serve as cross-promotion.
>if he's not supposed to be a advertisment i see absolutely zero reason why incineroar would have gotten picked over actually popular pokemon like gengar
You don't see why Sakurai would pick a new character from the most recent game over an older character? Why not?

Fuck you, Sonic Battle is amazing and has the series' best writing and character development by a country mile.

Well said, Genobro.

Attached: 66498EC8-59DE-4E3D-B2CD-15BA74A7510B.gif (200x325, 23K)

because representation of only new releases of series with decades of beloved characters seems like a really limited way of picking out a roster
its like if kirby skipped over metaknight in brawl and added daroach from sqeak squad since it was the last game released
theres nothing wrong with bara-cat itself its jus that his inclusion feels less like it was on the character's appeal and more like it was just a sanctioned pick to get in the mandatory pokemon character

but why him and not an SMT character or a demon?
Could've used that spot to shill SMTV.

>if he's not supposed to be a advertisment i see absolutely zero reason why incineroar would have gotten picked over actually popular pokemon like gengar
Inceneroar IS actually popular, though

Attached: completely irrelevant.png (225x357, 60K)

>because representation of only new releases of series with decades of beloved characters seems like a really limited way of picking out a roster
But it's Pokemon. Each new generation brings tons of brand new characters and there's a brand new generation every couple of years. Limiting the selection on only those that have remained reasonably popular over the years is not giving the newest generation a chance to shine. And personally, I'm tired of Kanto pandering. Seeing Incineroar is pretty refreshing.

Go back to your own dying thread, nigger.

Meanwhile
youtu.be/1wXuy5u4qTI

>Golden Sun sold better than Pikmin and it has an assist trophy rather than a character, a full alt, and two stages
And you know what? I’m grateful for the representation that we GSfags have. Count your blessings, user.

Pretty sure Nintendo forgot that he existed if it wasn't for the ballot.

He didn’t even pick cool fire emblem characters.

Because people don't know those characters. Not even Jack Frost can compare to the new hotness that is Joker and Persona 5's success.

Also we have no idea when SMTV will be out.

Because SMTV hasn’t received a single announcement since it’s reveal and there’s a possibility the protagonist could end up being shit or something. Not that it stopped them from adding Corrin but still

Right after finishing developing Uprising, he began development for Smash 4. Palutena was expected and Dark Pit made sense cause Kid Icarus was on his mind early on. Fire Emblem games are still being made. The characters don't return but the series has been somewhat consistent with releases.

Kid Icarus had a future when Pit was added because Sakurai probably already planned to make a sequel, and a successful recent game when Palutena and Dark Pit were added meant the series could always continue to have a future even if Sakurai didn't want to be the one keeping it on life support. Fire Emblem series has never stopped, the series having a rotating cast doesn't matter.

I miss this art style. The problem of course is the entire FE cast would look identical, even when stylized this way.

He is supposed to be an advertisement, but kids love stupid fire effects, cats, wrestling, and Pokemon. Gamefreak knows how to make popular bullshit for kids and push the fuck out of it which is why they can get by doing fucking JACK dick

Uh oh, someone is upset about FE having the clones return in the game where its gimmick is literally everyone returning. Show me where the swordsman outplayed you

I wouldn't call it an advertisement. I think Sakurai just likes adding new Pokemon to Smash Bros.

>no argument
Thanks for conceding

Attached: DTzSLf6.png (1024x748, 399K)

Only when the fans are braindead fucking teenagers.

>Why are Isaac and Bomberfags so ungrateful?
Can only speak for myself but frankly after being snubbed altogether in 4 I’m glad to have any sort of representation again, and I think his new moves are dope

I agree, but Incineroar is one of the least interesting new Pokémon. I'd like to see something non-humanoid make it onto the roster, especially something with a strange typing like Ghost, Ice, or Ground.

>It’s a middle finger to the most easily offended faggotrons this side of resetera
FTFY

The only people crying about their obscure anime faggot getting assisted are butthurt 13-15 year olds think that the game they played when they were like 9 is somehow deserving of a “spot on the roster”

>> Proceeds to cut assists from Drill Dozer, Excitebike, Sin & Punisment, Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Kururin and Jam with the Band.
They're all dead, senpai.

Because nobody fucking knows who those characters are. Joker is popular.

I disagree. Incineroar fits Smash Bros the best and the development team clearly likes pro-wrestling. And the only other option would have been a projectile spamming archer and that wouldn't have been as fun. Picking a character based on their non-standard bodytype or typing is also kinda silly when Sakurai does a great job at making characters feel unique.

Im certain he does, but he might as well advertise as well while doing it. Takes pressure off of him as well I can imagine

What pressure? Sakurai is the type of person to tell others to fuck off if they're trying to push shit on him that he doesn't want to do. It's why we didn't get the shitty new design for Pac-Man in Smash 4.

>not wanting to see some crazy pyukumyuku moveset based on its expelling fist
where's your imagination user

That honestly doesn't seem too terribly interesting of a moveset. And it wouldn't be visually appealing either.

>The series mascot
I know it's been five years since Isabelle shilled her way to mascot status but this still pisses me off. She had only existed for one mainline game and now she's the face of the franchise. It's a fact I'll always hate to accept.

Attached: anguishedACwojak.png (882x800, 23K)

>shilled
She's legit popular. Stay mad

Exactly. It's more exciting seeing something new from the upcoming generation than it would be to get Gardevior, Sceptile, or whatever completely unnecessary and irrelevant shit people asked for in the Brawl days (irrelevant then, not now). Save picks like those for Pokken, it works better there when you have the room to pick all different types of Pokemon from all different generations. No reason for Smash to go back on an old Pokemon instead of something new nowadays.

Only because they forced her in New Leaf and everyone who started with that game ate it up. This isn't a case of "oh she just happened to get really popular", they WANTED this to happen. She's featured on the game's 3DS menu diorama and takes Rover's role in CF as the greeter so you can be sure you'll see her every time you play, even if you never go to Town Hall. Literally no AC character before Isabelle has ever been given this much priority or attention.

Attached: villagerpunch.png (701x592, 15K)

>Literally no AC character before Isabelle has ever been given this much priority or attention.
Tom nook has been in every game and has been featured on boxes and merch for years

Nook might've been the most prominent and iconic AC character prior to Isabelle's existence, but he was never forced the way Isabelle is. He only ever appeared on City Folk's box art, and I sure don't remember him loading my game, appearing on CF's Wii channel splash screen, or running the social media account. The closest any characters have ever gotten to Isabelle in regards to "mascot" status are Resetti K.K., the former which doesn't really represent AC that well and the latter which you only ever saw once a week.

>a splash screen is shilling but nearly twenty years of attention is not
Sounds like you're just salty and it's affecting your brain

>nearly twenty years of attention is not
What did he mean by this?

Animal crossing first appeared on the 64, my guy, and Tom Nook has been on GBA cards, box art, amiibos, a MOVIE, and his leaf is the symbol of the franchise to this day.

>people recognize Piranha Plant because it's been in a million games, therefore it's popular
Well shit I guess Jynx deserves to be in the next Smash, people recognize it and it's been in a million games and everyone knows that recognizeability is the same as popularity

>i don't like thing, therefore it's not popular

>Gex isn't an Assist Trophy or Spirit
>But still fits the criteria to be one them
>They're making him a fighter instead
HE'S IN.

Inciniroar was the same exact case as Greninja. There was a slot set aside for a Pokemon to represent Sun/Moon and it was left open to decide at a later date because, at the time, there wasn't anything to pick from yet. Once the games were further along in development and some mons were available, Sakurai was show a few and he walked away considering Inciniroar or Deciduaeye, ultimately going with Inciniroar because he wanted a fighter with a wrestling moveset. This was all done before the public even knew who the starters were, just like Greninja. By the time Sun/Moon had officially been revealed, Sakurai had already made his pick and (not like it mattered because people here conveniently forget Inciniroar was pretty well received upon reveal) it was too late into Ultimate's development to shift gears.

I see the rexfag still coping for that dlc spot

except rock pikmin is fucking pointless
actually play uprising fag

Alph is just a rounder Olimar
at least Louie is more different but now people hate him due to a spamming faggot here

except Steve is ironic and shitposting you deluded rosterfag
just like a DQ hero being associated with Gohan Blanco memes

5 bucks PissDustin mistranslated another article again

this is why NintendoEverything are doing their own translations

What has he mistranslated?

and we got something better
Jungle Beat is the shit

Animal Crossing is a Gamecube game you monkey

>noting the smash lore is garbage means you're a rosterfag
but im going to assume youre a disneyfag since you like Nomura's shitty writing in SSE

Attached: AC64.jpg (474x273, 34K)

lol

Attached: AC64.jpg (692x455, 61K)

>Louie having an entire move set around something he did one time

>gets replaced with something better
you didn't think Halberd Meta Knight was cool than doing the down+B again?

if this was a summoning item in Smash, you fags would be cheering each time which fan-favorite FE character that doesn't get to be playable.
I also guarantee you no FE fan gonna complain if Hector or Tharja ends up there instead of the roster.

Attached: Breidabrik.png (720x962, 711K)

and that's a good thing

can't wait for the triple dipping

Attached: Flash 2 Krystal combo.webm (440x358, 687K)

K.Rool didn't get in because of thatm tho

oppose to Dixie and any jerk off villain that popped up in the series, he was the one other DKC character with a strong long legacy.

sakurais a idiot and has caught the less than half ass effort from namco.

please we know what people are going to be using that Krystal model for and we all know it's not going to be for modding purposes

i mean, they wouldve added Tiki and Gharnef/Medeus on roster if that's the case.

Man, Scrooge Mcduck would be kino pick.

reminder people mistook the geno interview as a sign of hope when Sakurai was really saying Geno's been pitched and dismissed for good since Brawl.

they can't add Gharnef because it would be impossible to beat him

Attached: youcan't.png (189x236, 5K)

Lmao, I guess the monkey was me sorry user

>ungrateful
Fuck off faggot

ZOOMER
O
O
M
E
R

>being an assblasted rosterfag
lol

>>Shadow corkscrew running and using a spring jump
That's fucking retarded and would be insanely out-of-character

how so?

>there is now a moderately high quality model of Krystal from Star Fox
>it's already been ripped and uploaded to Models Resource for anyone to download
OH NO

Attached: Trip.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

for letting namco touch the series for one.

>Sonic Battle
you mean the undersold spinoff nobody cares about? also the game that would fully split Shadow from being a clone too?
i hate Battlefags so much

I always appreciate somebody on Yea Forums civilly admitting to a mistake instead of backpedaling or trying to move goalposts. I appreciate you user.

MORE ANIME DUDES
WITH SWORDS

Vaati, Midna, Tingle, and Hilda
fuck impa and fuck retards that fell for the hyrule warriors meme

>2-spirit
>Shadow is a Ace-to-Legend
Metal ain't worth a damn, maybe Knuckles.

You are getting Linkle just for that.

meanwhile Knuckles got in as a fighter assist, and only had a Mii costume, trophies, and a mention on Melee Q&A at the time

>doing basic fighting game shit is out of character
>especially for a direct copy of Sonic
retard

>Spirit rating meaning anything at all
Are we going to forget the damn ASC is a legend spirit?

user, this was about Shadow I was never arguing against anything about Knuckles.

>man fuck those zeldafags getting two npcs as playable
if you didnt see this possible or coming after Pit's redesign you have brain problems

Would still rather have her than Impa.

Midna would be my top pick though, with Tingle in for a close second.

thats fucking bullshit

Attached: 1548917886597.jpg (361x401, 48K)

sorry she got in over poor Medusa ;(

oh shit nig

>Sakurai is lying about the amount of reveals!!

what's bullshit?

both Alph and Olimar had access to the same Pikmin they encountered
its just that Rock Pikmin is just pointless difference to include for an echo/clone. does more damage than the other

meanwhile? Richter can tell the Red Pikmin to go eat fucking aura as an advantage.

have you not learned from 4 DLC?
he's also a spirit

>Tails
dude's a two star support spirit and couldn't even get the same luxury Knuckles and Shadow had in Smash.

Tails fucking suck

>during SSB4WiiU developement, made Alph a skin after saying shit like, "less clones"
Why do people make shit up? Sakurai never said that.

>People thinking spirit ratings mean anything

They are literally fucking identical gameplay wise in their home games.

Itsuno says unlike Dante, at least Cloud and and Joker are from series that had Nintendo releases.

USUM was a mistranslation
It was actually S/M he was looking at the time.

the second bit

>letting the biggest fighting game developer to work on smash is a bad thing
did you not learn from how godawful Game Arts was with Brawl and Melee's shitty "6 month" dev cycle?

hmmmmmm well there are definitely some questionable decisions in smash bros but at the end of the day Sakurai and co. just do what they want and I'd say they do a pretty decent job of covering as much ground as they could

Ridley and K. Rool finally happened, we got Belmonts, the Echo Fighters (Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, Ken) and on the more expected side of things we have characters like Inklings, Isabelle, and Incineroar

we even have our token weirdo character, Piranha Plant, and Joker as our first DLC character

It's all gonna come down to who those 4 characters are though, and this time around it seems like they're most likely gonna be extra weird so fingers crossed I guess

cope isaacnigger
at least he has a damn model

Attached: GSFelix.jpg (800x1461, 178K)

People who complain about assist trophies are the most whiny autistic children I've seen. Would you rather these characters to have no appearances whatsoever in the game? It's a fucking video game, you don't have to take it so personally and get offended just because your favorite set of polygons aren't playable. God you people are fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1538066917492.jpg (254x294, 28K)

is black knight there too?

Attached: Black_Knight_size.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

oooh im so scared
there's literally not a single trace of hw oc shit in smash.

Did people seriously expect BK to be an Echo Fighter of Ike?

Not him but it could be interesting if one worked like Olimar did in Brawl while the other worked like he did in Smash 4. There shouldn't be anything keeping the game from having 48 Pikmin on screen.

>Are we going to forget the damn ASC is a legend spirit?
>porky's very own demise and resolution is a legend spirit
>nods to its indestructible trait as well
yes and?

It's mostly Twitter and Discordfags being angry about it, they keep pestering Sakurai and NOA because they want a "Season 2" DLC that upgrades AT.

Attached: DyiMfyzVYAApNNp.jpg (800x450, 66K)

It’s just the capsul. Porky isn’t even in it. Empress Bulbax is an ace, so is Winged Snagret. These ratings are unimportant.

I honestly rather Assist Trophies than shitty Echoes in some cases. Especially if they're being given the glorified costume treatment. Dark Samus was more like Dark Samus as an Assist Trophy than her current playable appearance.

>recycling old movesets to another character
not ever happening
also that's still there for balancing reasons anyways, like like standalone sheik/zss

cope

Cope with what? The fact that spirit ratings don't mean shit?

>le cope
Try harder.

When Pikmin 4 comes out and adds new Pikmin types, we’ll probably get a newcomer

This is really pathetic. They might as well sign a petition because their neckbeard campaign is about as useful as that. Sakurai and his team have been working on Smash non-stop ever since 2012, and Sakurai already said he'll stop working after the fighter pass is complete and take a big break. He is not going to work for another year just because a bunch of autistic and unappeasable retards are angry in some small corner on the internet.

Attached: 1520190115288.jpg (459x639, 44K)

after August direct? yes.

>Smash literally has the power to resurrect IPs from the dead
>Don't actually take advantage of this whatsoever, especially when you're a company known for not creating new IPs on a regular basis (What, ARMs and Splatoon over the last 3 years? One of which didn't even get a fighter in Smash)

August Direct should have showed people exactly what kind of characters can be Echo Fighters.

>Smash literally has the power to resurrect IPs from the dead
What the fuck are you talking about?

Oh man I wonder where that Duck Hunt and Ice Climbers game is right now :^)
You're a retard

>Sakurai never said that.

nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-clone-characters-in-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/

Attached: 80462491.jpg (342x336, 21K)

>It’s just the capsule. Porky isn’t even in it.
way to miss the point of why its a legend spirit.
>what about Empress Bulbax is an ace, so is Winged Snagret.
maybe you should actually play Pikmin first and figure why she there.
Plasm Wraith, a very important Pikmin antagonist, is a legend spirit.

>#AssistAlliance
those fuckers are confrontational and annoying on twitter
its almost like a Jehovah Witness knocking on your door.

Yes, I too remember Olimar using Rock pikmin and flying pikmin in his own games or Alph having access to poison pikmin. Go be a fag else wear

I'm a retard because you don't understand English?
Saying it has the power to do something is not saying it inherently does it.
You have the power to turn your computer off, sometimes you do it and sometimes you don't.

Smash CAN make any IP relevant again, it's a massive promotion machine because of how many different fanbases intersect at it.

This is why companies jump at the chance to have their character in it.

Post the quote. Where did he say less clones?

mad that your most wanted isn't worth a shit franchise-wise?
because it feels good Geno is above Waluigi and King Boo

Its literally the first fucking one you retard.

My character got in.

Shut up you retard.

>le "anything"
the definition of cope
>t-they don't mean anything, bandana dee should be about the damn rat and jester!

People hate Moray Towers? What a bunch of plebs!

Crawl back to your hole Genofag

Attached: 1544300330353.png (609x526, 187K)

>way to miss the point of why its a legend spirit.
My point is that Porky is more important than the damn capsule he entrapped himself in. Yet there’s no trace of him in the game. Adeleine is a popular Kirby character and she’s also missing. Linking ratings to meaning anything at all is just as silly as believing a character’s absence from the game meaning they’re DLC. I’ll believe they mean something once there’s an official statement on it, otherwise it’s just speculation.
>maybe you should actually play Pikmin first and figure why she there.
I’ll concede here then, since I actually don’t know anything about Pikmin and assumed it was something minuscule.

Go to bed Shane.

Attached: 1438551871378.png (636x616, 641K)

>There are 3 fighters [Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doctor Mario] that are alternate models (clones) in the game. Each was originally a color variation, but during development, they were given balanced characteristics. Since their functionality had differences, forms were separated from each other. However, it was vital that this didn’t increase the required man-hours. Some relative tuning was sufficient as it wasn’t necessary to create balancing from scratch.
All that Sakurai says is that Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario were originally only alt colors but were then made into separate fighters. Did you link the wrong article?

Chrom and Ken only broken the entire Echo Fighter speculation more each reveal.

>they don't mean anything
yeah, you're right
they don't mean anything lmao

>Bringing up bandana dee as if I give a shit about him.
>Quoting shit I never said.
You okay bud?

Why did people expect an ARMS rep? The series is too new for the roster. This isn't even something new as Inkling wasn't in Smash 4 despite DLC coming out and we didn't get a Wii character in Brawl

It feels like a stage builder stage 13 year old me would make as a joke in brawl

>My point is that Porky is more important than the damn capsule he entrapped himself in.
and who's to say Porky wouldn't be Legend-tier or a Fighter spirit regardless?
You are still missing the point on why its legend ranked.
>the rest of your post
you misled me as someone arguing about Porky's chances for DLC.
I wasn't talking about that at all.

seethe more mario kart fag
imagine getting outranked by a one-off party member

Attached: adc.jpg (1200x773, 162K)

cringe and bluepilled

Attached: 1530560746600.jpg (231x218, 7K)

COPE

its called an example

Enjoy being stuck inside SE's cuckshed lol
I can't wait for your tears once Erdrick is revealed.

Attached: 1544495683362.png (582x600, 312K)

Geno isn't even the strongest Mario-related spirit

>and who's to say Porky wouldn't be Legend-tier or a Fighter spirit regardless?
He’d most likely be a Legend if present. But his absence is what makes no logical sense, although being present two games prior. While his capsule is.
>You are still missing the point on why its legend ranked.
What point is there to make something out of these ratings when they largely mean nothing?

A bad one.

yeah even Paper Mario is the better spirit
the point is even a considered choice like Geno outranks waluishit

>the point is even a considered choice like Geno outranks waluishit
who cares?

I just want Mach Rider. That is all

Attached: dbed320759e5f7ed82654d4efd9105b3.png (500x426, 65K)

>He’d most likely be a Legend if present. But his absence is what makes no logical sense, although being present two games prior. While his capsule is.
read my post again. Im not talking about DLC at all
its a legend like the same reason Samus' Light Suit is one.
say you do a spirit of the heavy mech, and that thing is an legend spirit.
>What point is there to make something out of these ratings when they largely mean nothing?
why are they nothing?
pointing at random characters that looks unfamiliar to you doesn't mean its nothing

I do :)

This, if they were assists, chances were that they were never considered in the first place. It was either that or nothing.

Attached: 830404_ragtagg_super-smash-bros-ultimate-assist-trophy-collab.png (2062x802, 1.8M)

I read your post, and I’m not talking in regards to a character being DLC. I’m saying that spirit ratings meaning anything is comparable to that of a character’s absence meaning anything, which is nothing.
>why are they nothing? pointing at random characters that looks unfamiliar to you doesn't mean its nothing
I’m saying the ratings are nothing. Mainly because it’s a large assortment of characters (some literally being the same character but in a different outfit, form, etc) given star ratings, attack stats, defense stats, & special effects for the sake of an interesting mode. Why do the ratings themselves have to mean something? Especially in regards to a characters worth, since that’s what other people are trying to assert.

A+ post.

You retard. Who do you think would have gotten a model also if he was playable?

Kill yourself
>What is Little Mac, Isabelle, Dark Samus
Fucking retard

They become playable in the NEXT game idiot

Attached: DkaTtSQXcAASU7s.jpg (400x329, 35K)

>Olimar has Purple Pikmin and keeps his tether recovery from Brawl
>Alph has Rock Pikmin and gets the Winged Pikmin recovery from 4
It was so simple

*Felix's theme plays*

>its was so simple
>describes the process of a unique clone

>should of
>but alas

>I read your post, and I’m not talking in regards to a character being DLC. I’m saying that spirit ratings meaning anything is comparable to that of a character’s absence meaning anything, which is nothing.
see you are bringing up things that i am not talking about either
this was about Metal Sonic and the reason why ASC is a legend in the first place anyways, not about Porky's absence or his chances for DLC.
>I’m saying the ratings are nothing. Mainly because it’s a large assortment of characters (some literally being the same character but in a different outfit, form, etc) given star ratings, attack stats, defense stats, & special effects for the sake of an interesting mode. Why do the ratings themselves have to mean something?
>Especially in regards to a characters worth, since that’s what other people are trying to assert.
a lot of major fan favorites are aces and legends,
and that's just part what Spirits all contains.
it's not only that and you shouldn't be the idiot to figure which is a fan favorite among the rest.

I did, it's sad how fucking awful Dark Pit and the Palutena banter is in Smash 4 when they were so enjoyable in Uprising.

>creative liberties don't exist
>pushing aside the available source material
Alphfags are insufferable

Dark Pit is only lame because of how mishandled he is.
Uprising has nine weapon types, Dark Pit uses five of them throughout the game (not counting the chapter where you play as him), out of which only the bow has any overlap with Pit's Smash moveset.
Instead of using his staff (for anything but his final smash), club and cannon, he just uses the same shit as Pit.
A fucking shame.

>I did,
then you should know why he's the very first echo fighter then.
I'm more bummed his up+special doesn't do knockback damage like in his Chapter 6 fight. but happy he's the better Pit in Ultimate now.

and Viridi's new voice sucks.

This was explained a million times already. Dark Pit was one of a few characters who was originally going to be just an alt costume but then the team decided to give him a few small changes, so he ended up where he is.

>this was about Metal Sonic and the reason why ASC is a legend in the first place anyways, not about Porky's absence or his chances for DLC.
Yes, that’s exactly the point, and I’m saying that the ratings mean nothing just as Porky’s absence means nothing. I’m comparing the situations, not speculating on DLC chances.
>a lot of major fan favorites are aces and legends, and that's just part what Spirits all contains.
Yeah, and this means nothing as being a fan favorite ultimately doesn’t always get you playable and some spirits have to have a lower or higher rating for the sake of balance. The ratings largely mean nothing.

Then why is he still the fucking same in this game?
We already have a Pit. It's Pit. Dark Pit deserved decloning more than Ganondorf does.

you realize the Staff is now an item due to how overpowered it is in balanced means right?
that why he doesn't shoots the Dark Pit Staff in normal means.

Fuck it, I went ahead and activated my autism for this.

>Neutral B: Dark Pit Staff
Functions much like the staff item except chargeable, can be aimed 360 during said charge. Dark Pit uses his staff for all his normals, too.
>Up B: Flight
Functions like Pit's, but with more air control (to reflect how Dark Pit can [could[ fly on his own).
Side B: Ogre Club
Functions much like the Ore Club item. The swing does most of the damage, but the dartk energy projectile will simply go forward even through stage geometry. If used in quick succession, the swing won't spawn a new projectile until given a little time to recharge.
>Down B: EZ Cannon
Fires an arcing shot forward, the projectile makes a small aoe explosion upon hitting anything. Can be arced slightly back or forth during the startup, like the Belmont axe throw.

Forgot to add:
>Final Smash: Special Attack
Based off of the air battle special attack for staves in Uprising, covers a wide area left and right of Dark Pit, over the entire vertical reach of the stage.

Staff item isn't even overpowered at all, stop pulling things out of your ass, user.
Give Ultimate's balancing some credit, too.

Priorities I guess. Considering the team had to bring back literally all the characters, it would make sense that the most popular characters would be the most likely to get revisions. At least for say Pichu they had to remake everything anyway.

>Then why is he still the fucking same in this game?
because he's an echo, he deserves nothing beyond that and im content as a Dark Pit main and fan.
>We already have a Pit. It's Pit.
Pit fucking retarded.
>Dark Pit deserved decloning more than Ganondorf does.
pfffthahaha

m
>Staff item isn't even overpowered at all, stop pulling things out of your ass, user.
*kills you at 25-30% when far away*
yes, its that OP like every other item. and the Dark Pit Staff is just one of the moderately powerful Staffs protrayed in both Uprising and Smash.

Fuck off Uprisingfag, go play the original Kid Icarus instead.

Imagine unironically liking DP, you are worse than Shadowfags.

staves suck in both singleplay and multiplayer
why the fuck does the ancient staff even exist

you are still missing the fact Dark Pit was a proto-Echo and had no priority to be a newcomer during the development.

you can throw out your retool moveset and face the fact Dark Pit is only echo material.

>he thinks anyone plays or care about the original game nowadays
bet you actual enjoy playing Myths and Monsters as well :)

Every single echo in the game is either a disservice to the character or a disservice to the roster. Dark Pit is no exception.
I understand he didn't have priority in 4, but I still think it's stupid they didn't even give him his signature weapon for normals in Ultimate.

They did? the original game was a big deal back then, Pit wa even a main character in Captain N.

Of course an Uprising zoomer like you wouldn't know. Fuck off fake fan.

>this was about Metal Sonic and the reason why ASC is a legend in the first place anyways, not about Porky's absence or his chances for DLC.
Okay, but the point I’m making is that the ratings mean nothing just as Porky’s absence means nothing. I’m comparing the situations, not speculating on DLC chances.
>a lot of major fan favorites are aces and legends, and that's just part what Spirits all contains.
Yeah, and this means nothing as being a fan favorite ultimately doesn’t get you playable and some spirits have to have a lower or higher rating for the sake of balance. The ratings largely mean nothing. People were using Shadow’s rating compared to Metal Sonic’s to disregard the character. I brought up the ASC, because it isn’t a “fan favorite” “character” but rather a legend rated item. While the “fan favorite” is absent while the item that is linked to him is present.

>Every single echo in the game is either a disservice to the character or a disservice to the roster.
they are last minute extras, user.
Ricther was in no means of getting anything else but what he shared with Simon's moveset and an advantage against a Red Pikmin.

as a matter of fact, all the echoes were in no means of getting in as major newcomers. only minor tweaks.

I'd honestly rather have no Dark Samus than the Floaty Black Samus we have now.

>They did?
where are they now? nobody talk about that old garbage
also the original game was pretty shit when you can play Metroid and Blaster Master instead
> Pit was even a main character in Captain N.
you mean the show with the horrible use of source material?
>Of course an Uprising zoomer like you wouldn't know. Fuck off fake fan.
naw i just like messing with you little rosterfag head.
dont get into another tantrum again, gramps

Okay, but the point I’m making is that the ratings mean nothing just as Porky’s absence means nothing. I’m comparing the situations, not speculating on DLC chances. Did you read the previous posts about Shadow and Metal Sonic? As that’s my concern and why I even used the ASC as an example.
Yeah, I’m fully aware of this, don’t be obtuse. Again, I’m saying it means nothing as being a fan favorite ultimately doesn’t always get you playable (as that’s what this discussion was about) and some spirits have to have a lower or higher rating for the sake of balance anyways. People were using Shadow’s rating compared to Metal Sonic’s to disregard the character as a possible echo fighter. I brought up the ASC, because it isn’t a “fan favorite” “character” but rather a legend rated item. While the “fan favorite” is absent and the item that is linked to him is present. Geno is rated higher than Waluigi, but this shouldn’t mean anything as both are still fan favorites (Maybe this would’ve been a better example). The ratings are nothing.

and Dark Samus was never getting in at this point anyways, so live with it.
>people actually thought this bitch and the hunter was getting in over Ridley

why?

I never thought that. I wasn't expecting Dark Samus at all.
In fact, I'd rather not have her (it?) than what we have now.

Not even a rostefag, just tired of you Uprising babies thinknig your games is hot shit while ignoring the other series.

But if you want something Smash related, Pit was a requested character to be in Smash

ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update

> I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan.

Go back to jacking off to Palutena you dumb waifufagging fake fan. Fans like you give KI a bad rep.

Both Shadow and Metal have far few similarities to Sonic besides the obvious "MUH SPINDASH" Both should be in and both should be unique

Attached: D0AkpusXgAIBND6.webm (472x352, 754K)

>mfw my main has been in since the start and I never have to worry about roster picks
additions I like will always just be a bonus

Attached: 1550798473113.jpg (479x526, 144K)

Best thing is, Cap's legacy with Smash is so long standing he's not going anywhere even in the case of a roster reboot.

That's a pretty unpopular opinion though. Dark Samus reveal was actually received fairly positively.

All I wanted was one character that's been an assist trophy. Just one, I didn't ask for anything else. But only shilling is allowed.

Who did you want?

Attached: HYES.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

It doesn't matter since it won't change anything. I remember being a young lad during the brawl days and thinking it was a sure fire thing. Then boom, Lyn is an assist. You are all lucky, most of you had your most wanted in by now, some franchises don't even have to worry about characters "competing" with each other. If only I never played FE. But yeah tell me it's shit taste or whatever meme you got.

>Donkey Kong has sold six times Fire Embelm's
>Only has three reps
>Zelda literally has sold hundreds of millions of copies
>Two thirds of it's reps are clones and it hasn't gotten a new one since Brawl
Nice logic you got there Sakurai...

Attached: 192734721394.png (505x524, 345K)

Sin & Punishment has a more recent installment than multiple characters in Smash.

Jesus Christ you're a melodramatic whiny faggot.

Fag

SEETHING

Skull kid aside you got impa, tingle, midna, ganon, tetra, malon/maron with epona could be cool. There’s tons of great characters from Zelda and it gets totally shafted.

>it?
go back to resetera

Oh please, everyone gets autistic about something eventually on this board, thanks for the memes

>we will inevitably get another fire emblem character as dlc

Technically, Dark Samus is a space cancer riddled metroid. I don't think using "it" for it is that progressive. Pokemon has done it since the biginning.

She's all woman

Attached: 1534469255886.png (579x883, 244K)

dude, there's like 3 games in the series and 2 of the former are either a mediocre Metroidvania or down right bad
heck,
betcha the same people that ask for Pit aren't even around any more and likely were like the same requesters that tried to ask for James Bond in.

be a pose ass nigga somewhere else, grandpa.

you mean the wiiware title nobody bought?

>t. didn't read the scan logs
i said go back to ResetERA, tranny

I wish Sakurai would just say "I just add whoever I feel like" because his reasons always have at least one contradiction. And his apologists wouldnt have to tell you thst dark pit is the greatest most genius character inclusion of all time while Alph would ruin everything.

but Cristina said the new FE rep is in fortnite ;^(

Jesus how are you this thin-skinned?

every alphfag argument in this has been knocked down in the thread tho

That's why Smash will improve when Nintendo takes over

maybe its because trannies like you keep pushing your agenda on females like Dark Samus
the brianna wu shit was already bad enough

Waluigi is based and fits more than the literal who anime characters

t. misread the DLC tweet again

>being a butthurt bootlicking fag
Yes we should be so grateful Sakurai gave us this product for 60 bucks and we can never criticize it because that means we're ungrateful!
Nincels man kek

It was a full fledged physical title and no one bought it because Nintendo didn't advertise it at all, like all of their games pre 2013 that werne't Mario or Zelda or Pokemon.

if he's so based why is he worth less garbage than the camelot and s-e IP on your right?
check mate waluincels

>STOP CWITICIZING MY HERO SAKURAI
Get his dick out of your mouth, you're embrassing yourself

Honest adivce: go see a therapist, this place has deepfried your brain at this point.

Nigga you're getting livid over a two letter word. Calm down. Get some help.
Instead of makking a fool of yourself, you could've pointed out that Dark Samus is consistently referred to with female pronouncs both in Metroid and Smash games. Yet you chose to throw around playground insults.
What would Dark Samus himself think?

It got a psycihal release you know

yet it had no big following like Operation Rainfall did

>t. Desperate to defend Sakurai
He makes dumb decisions, I was talking about him stuffing the game with his favorite shit that no one cares about like Kid Icarus.

that was because Nintendo didn't advertise it at all, like all of their games pre 2013 that werne't Mario or Zelda or Pokemon.

Because the Operation Rainfall games were all slated for release in Europe but not America, whereas S&P was localized in America and was always going to be. Not to mention Hironobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi/Xeno are far bigger names than Treasure.

yea fuck pikmin
nobody bought the 3rd game, why Sakurai shilling Miyamoto's recent garbage again?
the Star Fox shilling was already bad

Who did you want?

Id love to hear about what dark pit offers that Alph possibly couldnt.

Xenoblade was barely advertised and fans cared enough for that game more than SnPfags did.

but the real fault should be the fact railshooter genre is dead as shit for anyone to care.

he really wanted his baby Alph

>tranny is triggered Dark Samus has a vagina proper
sasuga resetfagola

so did Star Fox Zero

then try reading the thread
we already had one guy claiming dp should be retooled as much "ganon" does

I'm still here asshat.
And still upset about it.

>Turned Bomberman into an assist because Konami wasn't happy with the moveset ideas
Fuck it, the ONLY thing I've actually asked before becoming a Genofag was this. Fuck them.

Source?

why are you fags complaining about echo fighters

>t. grinchfag

they're still repped though

>fags
>plural
As for the reason, did you read the second post you replied to?

>Ungrateful
I do hate Issacfags a lot, but getting to just grab him is underwhelming as fuck

>legacy/relevancy/muh fanpoll faggots are in this thread

holy shit even after Rool and Ridley got in they still are being retarded

so you'd rather them not be in?

Actually there hasn't been a TRUE Zelda newcomer since Melee, considering Toon Link was a replacement for Young Link.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Dark Samus, Daisy, Dark Pit, Lucina, Ken and Richter reworked into being their own fighters.
What we have now just feels like a cold plate of soggy food with a "you got what you asked for now fuck off".

Over entitled millenial

they were literally low priority that got in because of fan demand

I'm fucking glad we got characters who aren't fan demand/snorted by higher ups

This desu.
Would have been a worthwhile extra link.

This is where I hope hacking shines. At the very least I'd love to see the Dr. Mario treatment given to Echoes.

For Richter I'd give him some martial arts moves and in turn take away some (but not all) of his non-straightforward directional whip attacks to make him more faithful to CV.

But the cited fan demand characters were by far the best newcomers this time around.

yeah look at chrom being good and not a frankenstein of an echo

also I dunno about you but droolfags are whining about their character being shit