Why does the PS2...

Why does the PS2, arguably one of the best consoles with the best game of all time doesnt have an emulator that isnt a huge pile of flaming shit?

Attached: PCSX2_screenshot_july_2014.png (300x198, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2QlxsTzbAI
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/d46e41533d1e850c21b9975cf963d990738f5958/plugins/GSdx/GSState.cpp#L3026
youtube.com/watch?v=3HAShRft3HA
vita3k.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvYhxFjfm4&t=426s
wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:Playable_games
youtube.com/watch?v=0B0iOt4-3Es&
youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk
amazon.ca/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B06W9K12C5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will come in time,just like the PS1 had to deal with ePSXe for a decade before Mednafen came around.

nobody has made a better one.

Get a real PS2 faggot.

Works for me!

Give it 10 more years and your average home computer might have enough raw power to emulate the beastly might of the PS2.

>Xbox
>literally just a pc
>near two decades on no emulators
>despite the 360 and One having Xbox emulation of their own
>a sea of under rated classics forgotten to time like tears in the rain

Attached: 1534433233281.jpg (889x500, 80K)

The thing came out 19 years ago its not fucking fair

it doesn't has anything to do with power, PCSX2 is just trash. Glitches, texture issues, disappearing shadows, highly innacurate, random lag spikes, etc. These are all problems with the code of the software not the power of the hardware.

Because it's not a Nintendo console. Doesn't have the autist programmers a Nintendo emulator dev would.

because sony is the one who funds the nintendo emulators.

Ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=F2QlxsTzbAI

Because the programmers aren't interested, You can softmod a real PS2 with a gameshark, usb stick and a memory card so nobody bothers.

Can't wait to finally play MechAssault

They are starting to fix the emulator's biggest issues now for some games. It's really good now some of the most important games that got the patch

Attached: pcsx2 2019-02-21 19-42-09.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

What happens when they go out of production?

>literally just a pc
Nope.
Also Xenia is amazing already.

big memes ITT

Attached: gsdx_20180822083139.jpg (3840x2160, 963K)

PS2 went out of production a a decade ago but i think you can still find one at a decent price,don't know about modding.

>it.s.. not that shit guys, you just have to manually download patches and you can play it with less lag spikes and game breaking bugs

pcsx2 shills fuck off

mednafen has no user interface, its a fucking pain in the ass to use
if you want to do anything you have to google the correct key combo and you have to drag games into the exe to actually use it
do you have any idea how fucking cluttered that folder is going to get over time?

I mean it functions well, I was able to play klonoa because of it, but its far from perfect.

>what is retroarch or any other wrapper

soft modding a fat ps2 takes less effort and money than bothering with emulation

Use fucking Retroarch if you have that many problems

Attached: yikes.png (186x119, 3K)

wow I thought they'd improve the game more after JSR, but the handling still looks like complete ass
No need to emulate this one, ost is good enough for me

I'm too retarded for Retroarch

Attached: 1453876761774.png (1440x1080, 1.44M)

>lag spikes and game breaking bugs
Never had any of those though.
Shit's worked fine for every games I needed on it. The interlacing shit was the biggest issue of the emulator along with the often bad postprocessing alignments and those are getting fixed.
I don't care really.

Attached: 1524758206117.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

you need a powerful computer. Emulation requires more power than the original system. Ive only had problems with the shadow king game. The other 50 or so have run perfect after setting adjustment.

Exotic hardware
If you want a good emu contribute to purei.org

i'm waiting for any halo game to be playable on xenia, its the only reason i got the emulator in the first place. i dont even know what other good games are playable right now on xenia.

Attached: 1478845344681.gif (235x180, 1.94M)

What you don't like going through 5 million dev builds just to find one that works for one game?

github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/d46e41533d1e850c21b9975cf963d990738f5958/plugins/GSdx/GSState.cpp#L3026

Armored Core 4 and 4FA are basically perfect.

Really? the PS3 emulator can't do those yet so I was loosing hope.

Or just use psxfin since it does everything perfectly anyway.

Ok, that's some real YIKES here.

Yes I bought AC4 on PS3 recently only to find out Xenia emulate it perfectly and it runs better than on PS3. You can even unlock the framerate. Here's AC4 running 120FPS on my Ryzen 1600

Attached: 1550532083949.jpg (1280x771, 215K)

>why does the ps2 doesn't have a decent emulator

uh

Attached: 1274070976973.jpg (292x399, 31K)

Nice. Where do you get your 360 ISOs?

>this kills the man

works on my machine

Attached: claire_wink1.webm (1280x720, 523K)

Check emugen's wiki

I have used PCSX2 successfully to play so many games over the years. Without it, I never would have gotten into SMT/Persona or Ar Tonelico for starters. A lot of JRPGs that I missed back in the day I have been able to catch up with thanks to PCSX2.

Perhaps it doesn't do as well in action-ish games. But the only game I've ever had framerate or serious graphical glitches with was Dragon Quest VIII.

>you need a powerful computer
Why can I run gamecube games at 60 fps on my shitty laptop, the ps2 was similarly powerful to GC, I atleast expect a stable 30 fps setting

>can run gamecube games on your shitty laptop
>I can't run metroid prime on an i7 7700k/1080

user tell me your secrets

what the fuck

Attached: 12346541668469.png (640x360, 123K)

I don't get it.

Attached: 337.jpg (512x512, 41K)

>Xenia emulate
Are you making shit up, because the site saying the game is not in playable states.

>why does the ps2 ... doesn't have

Attached: 1542488850653.jpg (625x439, 62K)

you must be doing something wrong, gamecube games runs like butter on doplhin, its basically one of the best emulators out there

>tfw all the games i want to play work well 99% of the time

You need a 3 digit IQ

uh, dude
youtube.com/watch?v=3HAShRft3HA
The site isn't updated, that's all
Fuck you.

Simple: there's no demand for one and nobody will bother making one. Same reason there's no Saturn emulator that's decent.

Nintendo makes the best games in the world and this is why every single one of their consoles has people actively trying to hack and emulate them to play their games.

Thanks limp dick :)

This is what you look like when you say you can't run 6th generation emulators in 2019.

Attached: clown ass nigga.jpg (575x411, 34K)

You have those with all emulators, your standards are unrealistic.
You wanna play PS2 games without those? Play them on a PS2 and stop bitching.

>PCSX2 shouldnt be compared to other emulators
???????

blame the ps2's weird fucking architecture and all the built in post-processing that makes everything look like shit with bloom and motion blur everywhere

compare pcsx2 to dolphin and its a night and day difference

Get the latest dolphin build and enable ubershaders

>this one guy who hates this emulator

>Same reason there's no Saturn emulator that's decent.
The fuck are you on? Mednafen been doing great.

Attached: dw-sat-residentevil-0000.png (1208x960, 779K)

It's not perfect but it's playable at least

Had the same issue for the longest time, you need to get an older version and enable shader cache. I was fucking baffled my friend was calling constant stuttering "perfect" emulation until I realized he had a version that had it enabled by default.

Perhaps it's not that the PS2 was overly complex but it could be that the Wii and Gamecube are insultingly simple consoles that have no concern for quality.

>You have those with all emulators
T. somebody who doesn't use emulators

>babby can't use the command line waaah no clickyclicky button waaaah program bad

FUCK you ePSXe is a godsend, it's the one emulator that never fails me

Have you tried playing Valkyrie Profile on it?

Or maybe neither is a mark of quality and we're talking about fucking emulators here.

>T. somebody who doesn't use emulators
if you say so, little boy.

Attached: suck my dick.jpg (508x453, 33K)

>with the best game of all time
Tetris is on every single platform

I remember when PS2 emulation was slightly playable around even 10 years ago. Have they made significant progress?

Attached: 20180929_221605.jpg (3024x4032, 1.21M)

I don't play games for gays sorry

PS2 emulation was more than slightly playable 10 years ago. I remember running SH2 and 3 on PCSX2 no problem on my shitty rig.

Not much for 10 years
PCSX2 is basically a massive list of hacks that have to be written per-game, so if you want to play anything that isn't one of the most popular games, you're shit out of luck

Why are you playing that steaming pile of shit?

Dumbest thing I've heard all day. I guess.PS4 is worse than PS3 because it's easier to work with than da powah of da cell.

>just werks, no bullshit
>cries about not having a ui
I will smack the underage out of you

Brainlet

>Valkyrie Profile
>"for gays"

Attached: Mystina2.jpg (700x1200, 105K)

I don't mind playing games that are not perfectly emulated. I really don't fucking care about minor audio fuck ups and some interlacing problems.
The devs are getting no pay, have no documentation to go off of so it's literally nothing but reverse engineering, and have to deal with the strangest fucking architecture that gen had.
Emulating on the hardware you prefer outweighs the negatives of having to deal with some issues.

Attached: 1551021820861.gif (308x175, 2.86M)

I was under the impression that we were talking about both. I think it says something about the quality of 2 consoles when they are both fully replicated shortly after their release. Especially when it's compared to 1 console that took nearly a decade to come anywhere close to being 1:1.
That's not what I said at all. There's nothing wrong with being easy to work with. But there is something wrong with there being not being a drop of complexity found between 2 consoles. The original post implied that PS2 was somehow at fault for having that simple layer of complexity that only effects those who are trying to develop for it without direct access to the specifics of the architecture.

I don't really like retro arch but if you seriously have problems with "UI" then hell literally just get any fucking front end you want.
Seriously though I really don't like retro arch's ui can I customize it to have decent mouse control and how much can I customize the look and UI?

You have to have extreme autism to notice most issues with it. Frankly, it's pretty damn solid, but the configuration scares away most cheap pirate fags.

Thats a man, baby

>I think it says something about the quality
You do you.

>inb4 some obscure glitch in Big Rigs Truck Wheelers that makes it unfinishable as proof that it sucks

>game doesn't run flawlessly at 9k on 12 monitor displays
>EMULATION IS SHIT
>runs fine at native res or slightly above it
I swear I'm the only one that emulates as close today stock as possible. I really only in it for the performance boost and the occasion translation patch.

Just wait a bit longer senpai. Xenia already got halo 3 first mission running at 1440p but it's got a lot of rendering issues atm.
I just want to play halo with a mouse and keyboard.

I used to want shit to run with HD textures scaled out the ass to look like a game from a later gen, but I got older and realized a huge part of the reason I liked older games was the atmosphere created by the textures.

I'm trying to figure out how you can up the resolution and stretch the image out on mednafen.
I've tried retro arch but for some reason it won't fucking work on my end no matter what I do.

Big Rigs is unfinishable by default, user. I'm pretty sure the other trucks don't ever race you

Still has a far better emulator than the N64. You wanna talk about emulators that just completely stopped developing after 2004. At least PCSX2 still gets updated.

>Still no Vitas emulator on PC

the ps2 has weird architecture. emulating something a gamecube does can require 50 times more work from the cpu

From my understanding of it instead of working on the emulator itself to fix known issues with rendering some games they opted to instead create a bunch of if statements for various games to render them differently

vita3k.org/

dude wtf please tell me please please please i wanna know what's wrong with it please tell me please please please please please please . Please tell me. please please please please.

What was the last "real" gaming era with soul?

Attached: 1549942054932.jpg (2590x4061, 1.27M)

I'm an idiot and just realized that PSP emulation is a thing. And here I was playing games on my softmodded GO like an asshole.

it bad

Don't you people dare reply to it.

I never liked many PSP games, but PSP emulation is magic.

I'd set a hard cut off at early ps3, and 360 era, right before we saw the rise of the industry trying to squeeze every possible penny out of its consumer base.

>simple, easy to develop for and easy to optimize = bad
?????????

>Some faggot always ask WHERE'S MUH VITA EMULATOR and we always give them the same replies.
Never change Yea Forums even on /vg/ your still the same autists.

Attached: 1550514923182.gif (500x375, 992K)

>despite the 360 and One having Xbox emulation of their own
Xenia is the X360 Emulator

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvYhxFjfm4&t=426s

Attached: Nora.png (1600x887, 1.88M)

>homebrews only
Well its a start. So 2-3 more years.

>that isnt a huge pile of flaming shit?
do you have a shit CPU?

Yeah. There is such a thing as being too simple. And that's what the Wii and Gamecube are. Althought, the Gamecube can be slightly forgiven since Nintendo was pretty much uncontested or arguably equal to it's competitors in the N64 era. There was no reason for them to assume that the PS2 and Xbox would set a higher standard for console quality.But by the time the Wii came around, there was no reason that it should've been so simple and easy to reproduce. My point overall is that the PS2 is not at fault for having a simple positive layer of complexity that Nintendo neglected to consider.

>do you have any idea how fucking cluttered that folder is going to get over time?
Oh wow, this is so terrible guys.

Attached: So cluttered.jpg (3840x2160, 408K)

>i'm 7 years old, I should be able to handle this!!

Pretty much but again vita one of those consoles that didn't get any fucking documentation. Luckily most of the vita exclusives can be played via playstation tv but yeah give it time my man.

AY THIS NIGGA USIN 7ZIP

Attached: you.jpg (750x713, 44K)

is it really that bad?
it worked with SotC and katamari for me, I beat both games with it

it sometimes has weird pixels in some places, how can you suffer such a hell? fucking casuals I swear

PCSX2 is a plug-in based emulator which means it has shit coding and needs 3rd party addons to work correctly

graphics don't mean shit if the game plays well

Yeah it's trash, sadly. We basically have better PS3 enmulation at this point. Sad.
So you can run re-releases of PS2 games on RPCS3, that's one option....

How long are they working on it, anyway ? 15 years ?

I played through both god hand and samurai western okay. Minor interlacing issues but hey man even dolphin does that when you upscale so yeah.

shut up fucking casual those pixels RUIN your immersion and how can you pretend your holding the cute girls hands if there's a pixel out of place

Wtf do you mean it's not fair, I have a midtier and I emulate everything perfectly. And I'm a consolefag.

All legit emulators are supposed to work with no documentations. If any of the emulator devs peeked into the documentations and were inspired by the them, that could be a lawsuit happening. I forgot the legal term, but its something to due to plausible deniability/independent creation.

Is there something I should know?

>hiding extensions for known file types
>2011+8
I am going to say a quick prayer for you and then we are going to part company. Peace be with you.

call me a halobabby all you want its actually happening. campaign cutscenes are fucked as well as some visual tearing at random intervals but otherwise playable

now to try halo: reach around

Attached: awfdgsdfsgvxvsd.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

you know at the end of the game you can roll all the way back to the girl but it won't let you do anything

Well it isn't illegal to look at the spec documentation of certain consoles IF there open for the public. Sort of like how the switch hardware itself is openly available for the public to use.
Then again I'm a programmer not a software engineer nor lawyer so my knowledge on the subject isn't the greatest when it comes to this. So if i'm wrong about that statement feel free to chime in with your actual facts.

Yes.

Mind sharing what?

>plenty of emulators support .chd compression
>pcsx2 doesn't
>have to wait a few minutes for archives to unzip so i can play a game
>tfw

Attached: alone.jpg (4592x3056, 3.92M)

Yep.

can't handle the .chAd extention

>not playing eldorado
user...

>having such a shitty computer that it takes minutes to unzip a DVD.

Attached: xo0fi65073i21.jpg (1837x1256, 320K)

7-Zip is the best archive software across all platforms
ignore the retard

Too bad.

>Anime tranny self-insert
Gay

Android emulation is the best thing ever.

Attached: metal.jpg (640x614, 40K)

eldewrito doesn't have campaign, or else i would be.

Never had any problems with it. And I play PS2 games a lot.

Its grounds for lawsuit and anyone who has read the documents are supposed to remove themselves from the project to not poison the development. If the codes are vaguely similar it could be grounds for C/D. I remember reading about emu development long ago. This also applies to other software fields too. Especially in the enterprise team where all your software will be reviewed by independent reviewers who are familiar with the stuff.

Now a true reverse engineering pragmatic approach is to find out all the documentations available and reverse engineer asap. But thats mainly for personal/limited use case.

>whole thread without anyone mentioning the input delay
it really sucks for fighters, which sucks AGAIN since the ps2 has most of the versions you want(along with stuff that never got ported off)

I think you have to tinker with Mednafens config file.

Attached: SSres.png (1352x504, 31K)

the underrated classics are "forgotten to time" because the redditors who infest Yea Forums grew up on Sony and Nintendo and never owned an Xbox.
Xboxes are cheap to buy and the games themselves aren't very expensive. There's no excuse not to be playing the games you want in 2019. Needing emulation is for limp-wristed fags.

Attached: c - 1547657114939 - xbox games.jpg (4192x5208, 2.61M)

Are you a special needs child? Most games work with no major issues. Just use the wiki to fine tune and you're set.

wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:Playable_games

Really, you should get tested. The fact you posted a 1.2 photo when 1.5 has been out for quite a while says a lot.

For fighters you always want to emulate the arcade versions

Totally false, most games work with no issues that would ruin the experience.

metal arms was also on gamecube, not xbox exclusive.

95% of those games can be played on PC or other plataforms.

>other plataforms
Xbox almost always has the best version of the game.
>on PC
That doesn't mean you'd want to, such as Fable and KOTOR, which are better played on Xbox.

bad post

Attached: r - art - 1540339274532.png (424x361, 222K)

damn xbox sucks

You look like a nintendofag stating opinion as fact. I remember playing fable on the pc way back and it was on par with xbox.

Tried just that user but it still won't upscale for some reason. I'm going to try one more time though user. Thanks for the advice.

>Fable and kotor play better on the xbox
No in fact halo plays better on pc. Especially custom edition.
I mean fuck user are you going to seriously say to me with a straight face it's better to play a fps with a controller?

Attached: 1548027232661.gif (474x272, 2.86M)

>implying storing TB of ps2 isos on ssd is practical

Attached: 1496931111464.jpg (720x404, 37K)

It's such a slow fucking game it's not like it matters.

That's why you also have a much larger HDD in your rig, you dumb faggot. Keep all emulation stuff and non performance heavy games on that and everything else on the SSD.

yeah, the non-exclusive multiplatform games usually have a PC version as well

It kind of does. Halo CE pistol and snipar require perfect headshot accuracy to be efficient with them. Play eldewrito with a controller and watch your score be on the bottom on the leader board.

>are you going to seriously say to me with a straight face it's better to play a fps with a controller?
Not better but not bad

If your storing the games on the HDD it will take a few minutes to store the data on it family. Not him btw but honestly that issue of waiting a few minutes for the file to unzip is kind of autistic but i'm not a chinese sowing image board so yeah.

Or you could play a less bad game. It's designed for consoles, it's not like using a mouse makes it any more enjoyable.

>he's so bad he can't nail headshots with a controller

Attached: 1541488870675.png (506x384, 87K)

It kind of is family. Kotor and Fables menus are 10x faster with a mouse and keyboard. When it comes to accuracy in fps the M&K always beats the joystick for obvious reason.

>chinese sowing
lewd

Attached: gsdx_20161210043116.jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

It really does...you havn't played the pc ports of halo have you? Alright then.
>your bad when you literally gimp yourself
(You)

if it works for you, whatever

Attached: r - 1548304904443.jpg (532x452, 63K)

>Kotor 3 never ever
>all we got was that shitty mmo
>the state of disney wars
>the state of star wars modern vidya.

Attached: 1515473814879.jpg (130x249, 4K)

I played CE way back and holy fucking shit it's almost infuriating how slow the game is. Like you're role playing a paraplegic in deus ex and intentionally blowing your legs off.

Where is PC Engine Turbografx?

Will we ever be able to remove the fuzzy foggy blurry look from ALL PS2 games?

Hey I'm getting into SMT/Persona with it right now. Just finished DDS

KOTOR I and II were made on the same engine, so I figure eventually that engine will be released to the public and fans can make anonymous fan sequels with it; that, or EA's / Disney's license gets taken away at some point, and if not on the menu, Kino of the Old Republic at least becomes a possibility again.
I have faith in the 2020s.

Attached: 1546654641192.jpg (515x430, 56K)

Legitimately made me laugh my man.
Yeah halo designed like that for 2 reasons. 1 consoles have a harder time with aiming due to the fact that well there using fucking joysticks to do so. So slowing down the gameplay helps along with halo's aim assist and even bullet magnetism.
2. It was meant to be a literal slower quake to compete and make a competitive console fps. Yes halo itself isn't very good but man I just love the universe. It's like if starship trooper finally got a decent tie in game and then mixed itself with some other sci fi.

I got a PS2 recently, where can I get PS2 roms (I couldn't find anything in eye)

It's not an issue when you have a vehicle or a densely populated area.

Fuck your shitty emulators. The real question is how do we replicate this

youtube.com/watch?v=0B0iOt4-3Es&

Attached: daggy6.jpg (267x274, 35K)

do normies really suck that bad at aiming?
I have a high IQ and can use a console controller with thumbsticks just fine to shoot things

Well some fans have come up with modyfing the engine but it's really shoddy and cringe at best. I believe in the fans more then ever and I think 9/10 they usually make something i'd never expect from them.
I'm still impressed with megamaker, unity mario, and a couple of the rom hack tools that they were able to come up with.
I HAVE FAITH user GIVE THEM YOUR ENERGY AND HOPEFULLY WE'LL GET A GOOD STER WARS GAME AGAIN!

There was a guy who made a laptop or something out of the Xbox in the early half of this decade.
I thought that was really neat but it should take a lot of skill to make that possible.

You have no idea how much of a disadvantage your putting yourself at using a controller to aim things.
Your not better nor smarter doing so and there's a reason most competitive fps use M&K. Thousands of hours of studying have put that into basically fucking fact.
Use your high iq to do basic research.

it always astounds me how the average Yea Forumsirgin is constantly 5 years slow on emulation development.

Attached: oFUK.png (1911x1080, 2.15M)

The PC port of KotOR is far superior to the Xbox version. Being able to install mods to fix bugs and improve the graphics and add content makes it miles better, and this is coming from someone who grew up with the Xbox version.

Oh yeah portable consoles are neat my man. If you really want to get into making these find either a 3d printer that's reasonable price and look into basically making them yourself, GL user.

it still sounds like it's a problem only for people who'd suck at the games without being able to point at stuff, and really makes no difference for people who can handle thumbsticks whether or not they play on a console controller
it's like arcade controllers with a joystick for fighting games

Attached: art - 1547262132647.gif (200x200, 710K)

He's got that listed under multiplatform. Good game, great game. Wish swingin didn't get bought out

Is Crash Twinsanity playable? All the seagulls and shit made that game run like ass last time I tried it.

>Xenia
I know you're here asshole trying to pull a fast one

Attached: fast.png (1280x879, 1.06M)

>Being able to install mods to fix bugs
there are hardly any bugs that need to be fixed for the first game
>improve the graphics
maybe but there's not much quality there to be added
>add content
I hope you don't mean fanmade content

Yeah, I played through it and I don't regret that. It's not bad, just terribly overrated being a console seller and so many people's entry point to the genre. Fucking fantastic OST though.
>1 consoles have a harder time with aiming due to the fact that well there using fucking joysticks to do so
Dude, I fucking know. I never managed to get the hang of it. Got my ass kicked pretty bad playing splitscreen in a couple games.
Been testing out Gyro for a bit now just because I've got it and it's fucking weird and makes me miss my mouse but at least it's not a stick, it does kind of work.
Problem is the areas are fucking huge. Like your average corridor is 40 foot wide and a hundred tall.

tfw all I want is a non-shit emulation of Klonoa and Klonoa 2

lmao ok

Attached: dwm-2019-01-07_23.54.26.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

okay let me put this in a way your chimp brain can understand it:

using a thumbstick is to threading a needle as using a mouse with 12"+ of horizontal space is to putting a 2" rope through a 5" hole. the bigger the mechanical motion, the more fine grain control you have over the cursor.

>Problem is the areas are fucking huge.
that's not a problem, that's fucking godlike
you're telling me you want Blood Gulch to be half the size, rather than just do what I said?

How many times has it been proven that using a controller over M&K is a terrible idea and leads to nothing but getting spanked? I mean you do realize there's literal built in mechanics BECAUSE controller accuracy is shoddy right?
Are you also going to same for rts? let me guess your going to say "le ded genre so who cares" despite the fact that there's faggots making 50+grand off the genre?

Attached: 1540522758766.jpg (455x589, 82K)

>bloating the list with insane amounts of multiplats on purpose
>listing literally every exclusive, including shovelware like Blinx and Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Speaking of emulation, how come I never hear anything about ps4/xbone emulation? they literally have x86 chips shouldnt that be easy to emulate?

Attached: cake-cake-cake-cake-2-11926-1440807081-9_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 47K)

imagine ricing linux when you can just use windows for entertainment and ssh into everything else

Attached: hero.png (236x206, 104K)

2 words
controller sensitivity

Attached: 1440826730867.jpg (403x497, 30K)

No games on those 2 that's why. Switch emulator has been making tons of progress though.

Yeah, you just write "MAGICALLY EMULATE THE PS4" in notepad ++ and save the file as .exe

No, dude, he's right about that. I'm a wrist aimer and suck absolute shit at shooters but I'd wager I'd run 20:1 in any game with aim assist off playing against people with controllers. It's that much of a difference. A stick only lets you input a speed and direction, a mouse tracks actual position. Because of that, you can turn around 180 degrees in the same time it takes you to push the stick down. And you can do it actual precision.
Fucks sake, give people the choice and you'll have people topping the chart using fucking waggle like in splatoon because at least it's not a fucking stick and it tracks position directly.

>I'm too retarded for something that is almost plug-n-play tier easy to use
How the fuck did you manage to turn on your computer/phone?

which you can also do with a mouse, which will always be an exponentially larger resolution to work with for translating your stupid dumb shitty human dexterity into fine movement.

My mommy does it for me.

Yeah PS4/Xbox emulation exists, just under a different name. It’s called pirating

I meant the indoors areas. The architecture is fucking massively inflated. That, and moving at a crawl, is not a great combination. Just turns it into a slugfest.

>Yeah, I played through it and I don't regret that. It's not bad, just terribly overrated being a console seller and so many people's entry point to the genre.
Complete agreeable statement here my man. Nothing to add.
>Fucking fantastic OST though.
Holy shit yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk
>Dude, I fucking know. I never managed to get the hang of it. Got my ass kicked pretty bad playing splitscreen in a couple games.
One of the best memories I had with my bro in law was recently playing golden eye on the custom n64 emulator. Man that was good. It's okay user just use the M&K and play some quake, ut, or any other classic fps. Or fuck it play some battlefield whatever suits your boat buddy.
>Been testing out Gyro for a bit now just because I've got it and it's fucking weird and makes me miss my mouse but at least it's not a stick, it does kind of work.
Yeah alot of people who play on nintendo say it's a good alternative but I still prefer M&K. It's more accurate then joystick but it's still not nearly as accurate as M&K. Also you ever heard of ball mouse controls? Fucking weird right but it allows some really weird shit like insane speeds for stuff like turning around while you get most of the accuracy of a M&K.

Attached: 1540423510067.gif (200x200, 2.47M)

>bloating the list with insane amounts of multiplats on purpose
it's on Xbox, is it not?
and those Playstation 2 games get graphical upgrades/performance upgrades and even bonus content for coming to Xbox.
Also, obviously, not every exclusive is listed.
Blinx is decent, Grabbed by the Ghoulies is nothing special if you aren't a kid.

Attached: 1477096856434.jpg (500x374, 27K)

>reading comprehension

what other games have the same feel as radiata stories?

>Because of that, you can turn around 180 degrees in the same time it takes you to push the stick down.
there are games that have dedicated buttons for this
>I'm a wrist aimer and suck absolute shit at shooters
>K+M makes me better
so you agree with me that this is an issue primarily for people who aren't good without it, and so proves very little about its objective superiority

Because one I doubt creating a program like WINE to run PS4 games is viable due to the lack of information and two emulating x86 is an astronomical feat.

it's only an issue if you're playing with less than 4 players, which you shouldn't be

Imagine being so entitled that you shit on emulators that shouldn't even exist in the first place

>there are games that have dedicated buttons for this
What the fuck? the controller literally is limited to how many fucking buttons you can use and you think devs will put in buttons to fucking turn around in a fps? I can probably name fps console games with buttons for that function on one fucking hand anyways.
Google it you fucking humungous faggot. Your probably a science denying faggot even though literally 3 people already told you objective reasons why the controller is shit for aiming but fuck it. Balls still in your court retard. How in gods name will you be capable of beating anyone with a controller playing fps let alone rts's.

>Your probably a science denying faggot even though literally 3 people already told you objective reasons why the controller is shit for aiming
All I'm getting is a lot of insistent screeching, like your post.
>How in gods name will you be capable of beating anyone with a controller playing fps let alone rts's.
I adjust my controller sensitivity to a reasonable balance between speed and precision, aim at the foe, and then shoot.

Attached: 1491107790561.jpg (554x439, 45K)

Imagine being so entitled that you shit on ports that shouldn't even exist in the first place

whatever you think, you would objectively be a better player if you learned to play the same games you play but with mouse and keyboard. o b j e c t i v e l y for all the reasons already listed but particularly my reason you refuse to acknowledge which is larger fucking mechanical motions. what's easier? playing guitar or playing guitar hero? aiming a marble or a piano to hit someone from the top of a building? jesus fucking christ i hope you're just baiting.

Attached: wasntthatsmart.png (265x348, 115K)

I also play Guitar Hero with a console controller

>that shouldn't even exist in the first place
Completely wrong by any reasonable standard. Rethink everything you believe you know about life.

Never played any halo beyond 1 but I've listened to all the soundtracks a few times over.
>Yeah alot of people who play on nintendo say it's a good alternative but I still prefer M&K. It's more accurate then joystick but it's still not nearly as accurate as M&K
Yeah, gyro's funny. It's pretty good and intuitive when it works, hell of a lot easier than a stick. Fast and reasonably precise, too. But having to either use a button to disable it and get back to a neutral position when you catch yourself trying to dislocate your wrists, or use the stick and fuck with the camera with two wholly different control systems at the same time is a lot more confusing than one stick ever gets.
>just use the M&K and play some quake, ut, or any other classic fps
Miss was the wrong word. I've just been trying to get used to it so I have better options than a stick in games like dragon's dogma where I'd rather not use M&KB but still miss it when it expects me to aim a bow with a stick. Been playing some shooters to familiarize myself with it and I wouldn't dream of replacing my mouse with it.

I'm actually not that surprised a trackball might be a good compromise after using gyro. It's essentially the same thing, you're rotating a ball instead of a controller, only you've got a bigger range of angles to work with before you have to visit the ER. And a less mindfucky way to reset. So, like gyro, only faster and more precise and with none of the problems.

>so you agree with me that this is an issue primarily for people who aren't good without it, and so proves very little about its objective superiority
?
I'm saying that I, who suck shit, would kick your ass BECAUSE it's a superior control scheme. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot.
>there are games that have dedicated buttons for this
And you don't have dedicated buttons for everything in between. You can only input a speed and wait. A mouse tracks position, there is no waiting.

Emulators should exists are you a fucking idiot.
You expecting me to pay for a PS2 in this day and age when i already had one years ago and playstation and nintendo offering shitty ports/services to relive my childhood fuck you.

Attached: 1541186352735.png (1280x1024, 1.37M)

Some people will argue that halo 1 is the best of the series so that's fine. Also the M&K isn't the best control scheme for most genres. I'd argue there just necessary for fps and rts. Like there are some fags who use M&K for racing and shit but I couldn't even slightly get into that.
I might get a driving wheel for playing racin but my britbong friend keeps telling me it be a waste of money.
and I usually tell him i'm going to fuck every british women in UK and give them my seed. Which he then sighs and wonder why were friends in the first place.

this guy talks exactly like the autistic reporter from the onion

I rather the PS2 go the way of OG Xbox emulation if it's gonna be as shit as PCSX2

>sold his old consoles
>when Backwards Compatibility was not a feature of his replacements
you're the fucking idiot

is this bait?

Attached: 1550198560555.png (1600x1597, 858K)

Wheels are fucking nice, man. I don't know if they're that much better, but they feel fucking great to play with.

Blinx has a nice soundtrack at the very least.
Also the second half of the game is an absolute ball buster at times

Works for every game I've ever tried on it without any hiccups.

I'm sure if you want to improve upon any version of pcsx2 you can simply ask the author(s) for permission. It might even be open source, idk.

Or, idea time, make your own fucking emulator and quit bitching.
Nothing will ever be done unless you do it yourself.

>hurr durr do it yourself lol

"do it yourself" applies to emulators because it's fucking free ware.

>I'm a fucking moron hurr durr

Just because your shitbox can't run it well doesn't mean others can't. With 16 or more CPU cores you can run software mode which has zero gliches in perfect 60fps.

Why emulate an x86 CPU with an AMD64 instruction set? Virtually all PCs have these CPUs how hard is it to just run the code on the host PC?

ITT: computer illiterates using severely outdated or down-right abandoned emulators on their AMD machines with integrated graphics.

>other consoles will NEVER have an emulator as flawless

Attached: vba.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Tldr of it is because the hacking situation was a mess.
All teams worked for themselves and nothing was ever shared so there isn't a good amount of documentation, this has been a problem with all Sony consoles except PSP.

Nintendo consoles on the other hand have a stupidly huge amount of documentation of everything because hacking groups always made everything public and worked together so it was easy to make emulators.
See GBA, GC/Wii, etc.

i had a game cube ,first got more kino from that then got the xbone. I had few xbone games, i think it was cause they didn't reduce price enough, not enough 20 dollar titles. only got the plane one think it is crimson something, the star wars tank game, the spy car game, rainbow six, and morrowind, and fable.

morrowind and fable are the better one.

Because you have to emulate the OS and all the security shit they use to run games, not only the console which is the easiest part.

Once there is documentation about it then we will see proper emulation, still unless the PS4 is discontinued soon you wont see it because the PS4 hacking teams are just as bad as the PSVita ones(tldr: attentionwhores).
There is a bigger chance of Brazil releasing documentation than the rest of the world.

original VBA is fairly barebones and VBA-M has lots of issues that spring up every time they fix something else, it's hardly as consistent or impressive as something like Dolphin or Snes9x

Good thing mgba and higan are a thing now.

I never had issues with Valkyrie Profile on ePSXe.

this is insanely common on emulators in their infancy when available CPU power/IPC isn't high enough

considering the PS2 is like 18 years old now this shouldn't be necessary anymore...

Completely autistic architecture
Seriously WHAT THE FUCK was sony hardware smoking from 2000-2012?

Cheap contracts/own arch designs.

Crimson skies was fucking good.

Everyone started buying their own CPU designs because otherwise they would have the same problems than the original xbox where the CPU and GPU were discontinued so the console had to be discontinued too.

The SH-4 (Dreamcast CPU) is still made today and the SH-2 (Saturn and 32X CPUs) were made until 2006. SEGA didn't seem to have trouble with this, why would Sony?

You can go on ebay and buy a legit ps2 with like 100+ games for $150 bux
>bUt It WoNt WoRk oN mY mOdErN tV
buy one of these,
amazon.ca/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B06W9K12C5

problem solved

By that logic 8086 is still being made.

>original VBA is fairly barebones
It plays games without issues.
>it's hardly as [...] impressive as something like Dolphin
and why is that?

There are people on Yea Forums right now who aren't using nightly builds. They don't even know they exist.

This, I never understood this "EMULATION BAD" meme, but it's been a consistent thing on this board for years now, it really just seems like a symptom of a bunch of retards that are completely illiterate to the most basic things about computers in general and are also working on "knowledge" or more accurately preconceived notions from 5-10 years ago

The fucking Z80 is still made.

You better not be using leaf prices.

Before DLC became a thing

3D rendered at 480i looks like shit.
>buy one of these,
And get tons of input lag.

Listen man, 20 bux will let me buy about half a chicken breast up here, so your damn right i'll buy an rca to hdmi adaptor instead... I'll be dead in a week from starvation anyway

Do you know if V and VD work at all? I've spent all day downloading FA and might as well add the other ones to the queue if they work well

>$150 for a PS2
Jesus christ canada, even your used stuff is overpriced because your shitty economy.
>analog to digital adapter
Enjoy your delay.

Just use a emulator, its cheaper.
Even a PS2+ CRT would be $60 tops.

The GBA is an immensely less complex system than the gamecube and wii and dolphin emulates both of them near flawlessly, with infinitely superior multiplayer and customization support than any GBA emulator has

to claim that VBA is the best emulator of all time when it does nothing more than just 'play GBA games without issues' is laughable

>>original VBA is fairly barebones
>It plays games without issues.
Golden Sun 2 would like to have a word with you.

It's not 2011 anymore, any CRT worth using is worth much more than $60. All the shit TVs you find next to the dumpster are just that.

I'm a brazilian and hacked PS4s were a thing from the get go. Hell, I remember when the 360 dropped mothefuckers already had chips before the console dropped, there was even a conspiracy about the red lights being intentional so they could fuck modders.

Get the nightly build and use vulkan.

Just checked, a PS4 Pro with 305 ISOs but obviously unable to get online will set you back about a thousand USD.

I can find TVs that can do 480p with no problems, sadly there is always a problem (Horizontal stabilization is a common problem but nothing that cant be fixed by changing a few caps) but hey, they are free.

how is GC controller support and Wii remote support, and can I use an Xbox controller instead?

PCSX2 is a decent emulator, it runs pretty much everything. I think the only pile of flaming shit here is you.

Because emulation is hard and is exclusively used by pirates, who tend not to like paying for shit or contribute. Meaning, no help from the community.

>no demand
retarded comment

>no Saturn emulator that's decent.
One day I'll play Magic Knight Rayeart - the game that killed Working Designs.

it just werks

Attached: pcsx2.webm (518x418, 2.96M)

>all that stuttering

>aspect ratio

The hacking teams suck and Have no info on the hardware, its features, or security operations.
Gotta get the kernel to boot before you can even think about games.

GC controller has had full support since at least the release of the WiiU adapter for smash 4, maybe earlier, Wii remote also works with bluetooth and stuff, and other controllers work fine

It really bugs me when some games, like Tenchu, need a lot of fiddling to work properly. I played it a few weeks ago, and you still get some odd graphical effects when in motion.

At least you can use something like Spectabis to save your video settings per game, it used to be you have to set them manually for games that needed it every time.

Attached: gsdx_20181116155800.jpg (2560x1800, 1.31M)

Your fault for not playing Shinobido instead.

>the shittiest racing game
>stuttering
Now try burnout 3

>PS4 hacking teams are just as bad as the PSVita ones(tldr: attentionwhores).
How bad is the vita hacking team? redpill me on that one

Because it's literally easier to buy a fully working, used PS2 from fucking anywhere for less than $20 and pirate the disks

>PSVita
user....

There's orbital, which is a LLE. Currently boots to the PS4's safe mode, but doesn't display any graphics.
And just to clear some things up:
You don't need to emulate an x86 CPU on an x86 CPU, you can use a virtualization/hypervisor (which orbital does).
And emulating x86 isn't really an issue anyway, as QEMU has already done it, so you could just use that.
Going LLE means you don't have to recreate the OS/security. You just emulate the hardware and run the OS as is on it, telling any security check that everything is a-okay.

it's fully hacked as of last week

Man, I wish I knew of more games with that feel. Radiata Stories was a gem.

The console got hacked, but the documentation is still not fully available.

PPSSPP is better

Wow, really?
I talk a lot of shit about PCSX2 too, as I literally had times when it BSOD my PC, but if I'm being honest it runs pretty much every PS2 I tried.
The only game that it actually refused to run was True Crime. Every other game either worked fine or I had to change configurations to make it work.

PPSSPP can't play every PSP games

What games can't it run?

Attached: quake3nobugs.webm (531x480, 2.77M)

The last time I tried, Gangs of London didn't run after the first level and SW Elite Squadron crashed after couple missions.

pretty much every single emulator can "run" anything no matter how shitty it is.

Attached: crysisepilpesyedition.webm (854x480, 2.14M)

God, are you retarded?
I say run as in RUN AT DECENT/FULL FPS.
Don't complain that a emulator is shitty if you try running it on a toaster.

maximum seizure

They don't know how to emulate her.

Attached: 1539387436362.png (722x762, 284K)

Xbox is probably the only console with not a single exclusive worth the time.
At least now that Vesperia got a rerelease.

>I say run as in RUN AT DECENT/FULL FPS.
not a problem either. This is running at full speed.

Attached: samsho.webm (645x480, 2.37M)

Attached: Xbox Exclusives.jpg (2360x1265, 1.35M)

Mediocre Bullshit: The Library.

Don't get me wrong, the Gamecube and PS2 libraries (as well as every other console and PC game since that time) is the same fucking way.

Gaming since the mid90s is shit and should die.

Where is Azurik?

I could say the very same about PS2 and watch you sperg out over shit games by my standards

this is a crop of the image being replied to with all the multiplatforms taken out
the implication is that Azurik is not a good game, despite being an exclusive
IMO it had great ideas but poor execution.

what a terrible opinion, you can take any game of any genre from 4th or 5th generation and I can show you a 6th gen game that did it better

>I could say the very same about PS2
Maybe if you are mentally challenged.

>in development for 20 years not done
>ps2 is over 10+ years old
>still laggy still glitchy
Laziness pure lazy pretty much they could of finished and been done but that requires effort...fuck em.

>this entire thread
I mean I’m sure it’s not a perfect piece of software, but recently I’ve been playing a shit ton of Nocturne, Kuon, God Hand, Okami and Ico with literally zero issues.
Also some better emulators like ppsspp and cemu too and it never felt like PCSX2 is particularly dogshit at all

Attached: F1ABF8C5-809F-455B-9417-52E7784F676C.png (252x258, 86K)

Whoever coded the PSP emulator definitely used black magic.

try playing some games that aren't baby's first ps2 games

Some games just wont load on it. Shame, since its extremely easy to use

The guy who made the base for it was also the one that made the first CFW and exploits so its not surprising.

This is why I still use individual emulator programs instead of an all-in-one, they have the worst interfaces that make them absolutely annoying to use. Even Retroarch is awful since it doesn't take advantage of having a mouse to use.

Kuon still had the same serious issues a couple of months ago, I doubt it's better now. Not even just graphical problems, sugoroku outright doesn't work.