New Shenmue 3 details

* Yu Suzuki is using his documents from 20 years ago that he gathered on Chinese culture in the 1980's, chinese tribes, their customs and villages, he's also traveled to the Fujian Province for direct hands-on research of the people and their lifestyle
* First two games had modern settings, this one is steeped in religion and ancient culture of China
* You start in a village called Bailu, it sounds like the start will be slow paced. People will barely talk to you and won't answer your questions because you're an outsider, there's a dialogue system and you need to complete tasks and become more known around the village before the local people will give you info. If you have Shenhua with you the villagers will be more open with you because they know and trust her.
* Each villager will have their own day-night routine just like the previous games
* Because Ryo is a city boy there's a lot of obliviousness from him and there's funny and interesting conversations because his viewpoint is so different.
* The game is more about looking inward than outward, Suzuki says he wants to look deeper into the Ryo character and we'll learn more about him.
* Same voice actor as before
* A large part of the game is the affinity system between Ryo and Shenhua and a major part of the story of the game is the relationship between the two.
* Combat system looks much smoother and is more RPG based, not just learning skills by repeating moves over and over

Attached: 8343F6E2-1C3D-4D7A-A910-E9519C458ABC.jpg (1210x681, 415K)

Attack power and stamina are the two main stats for combat, stamina is used for everything (sprinting, fighting moves) and can be restored by eating food. eating before doing something strenuous will become routine
* When training you can customize Ryo's clothes into training gear
* Training is done through mini-games, Horse Stance, One inch Punch and more, mostly rhythm based but satisfying to pull off
* Technique scrolls from 1 & 2 return as well as new ones, around 100 in total
* The intricate world building of characters being linked and having back-stories is present in 3
* There's a fight club in another city you can enter where you fight people with nicknames like "The Knee of Death" and "Mach Fist" (voiced by Chris Bellinger)
* At one point you'll have to fight multiple people in these fighting events, people who want to master the combat system will be spending a lot of time fighting in these events. All of the fighting happens in the Rose Garden and is optional.
* Controls are carried over from Shenmue 2 but with analogue stick camera improvements
* Capsule toys are back
* EDGE sound very positive on what they've seen.
* Suzuki stresses how important it is to make the game feel like a Shenmue game, modern games are more open world nowadays but he doesn't want to go that way because then it wouldn't be Shenmue

no idea why people care about this series

New screens

Attached: 7AA5CB71-8561-4397-8DD2-4FDC7639D8E7.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

shenmue 1 was pretty good
while shenmue 2 was ehhh, it ended on a cliffhanger

Attached: 3A670FB1-1EA9-48A5-B4F0-34E36729437A.jpg (1200x675, 168K)

Literally who cares. Yakuza is already better.

Attached: 01A7E1FD-02EC-4785-ACE7-EBCD3004E7BB.jpg (1200x675, 126K)

China won.

>modern games are more open world nowadays but he doesn't want to go that way
Based

This is just going to end up as an inferior version of modern Yakuza isn't it?

Shenmue is nothing really like Yakuza. It’s a shit comparison

More like he doesn't have the funds for an open world

He does.

Im so hyped for this, this and Animal Crossing are my most anticipated games of the year. I love life sims

Sure

I find it funny you think he does.

There's little point in having an open-world if there is nothing to do in most of the space.
What makes Shenmue work is that very little areas in the game are wasted places. There's almost always something to see and do even if it's not important.
Spending hours grinding money to spend it all on gatchapon capsules sounds absurd, but it definitely is an experience in and of itself.

The Kickstarter money wasn’t enough but thq Nordic picked up the tab and they expanded the project significantly. Try to keep up

>* First two games had modern settings, this one is steeped in religion and ancient culture of China
boring

WHAT ARE THE GACHAS

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-24 17.51.55.png (396x452, 297K)

you know shenmue is gonna end in a cliffhanger to right?

The budget was like 7 million
Most open world games cost 100 million
Its a big for indies but its minuscule compared to AAA

Yeah, that faggot Yu is refusing to trim down his story, he still wants like 7 games, which is never gonna happen, doubt he will life long enough or even get funding for 4

Just finish the Lan Di revenge story thread, I couldnt give a shit about the magic sword

Still have my DC and the first two. I'm cautiously optimistic honestly. I still can't believe this shit is happening and want it to be at the very least a decent game.

Found the CrapGamer zealot.
Stay mad, bone-dog.

Yu has his full budget to make a proper Shenmue 3 using the Kickstarter money and having THQ Nordic investing fully. Shenmue was never really an open world game to begin with in the way that it’s used today but more of a hub based adventure game with tons of detail and interactivity

Witcher 2 cost 10 million to make.

I think the one on the left is fortnite characters

Isn't Yakuza just Shenmue but better?

Attached: 1550506599924.jpg (620x420, 128K)

>thq Nordic

yikes

No, they’re very different but that still didn’t stop people from calling the first Yakuza a poor mans Shenmue when it first released

they share some similarities, but they are still different types of game. Yakuza is much more action oriented, Shenmue is more on the slow side and has a more "slice of life" feel to it

no way fag

Yakuza
>arcade beat em up with mini games

Shenmue
>slow paced adventure/detective game with realistic combat

>* You start in a village called Bailu, it sounds like the start will be slow paced. People will barely talk to you and won't answer your questions because you're an outsider, there's a dialogue system and you need to complete tasks and become more known around the village before the local people will give you info.

Yep, this is the stupid shit a Shenmue game would do.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SAILORS?

Shenmue has better combat but hardly actually had any combat sequences. In terms of story Shenmue's is just okay but nothing special, Yakuza is terrible but in an entertaining sort of way. This game could easily be better than Yakuza due to that not actually being a high bar to clear to begin with, but it's a fucking Kickstarter game so I'm keeping my expectations low here.

How is it stupid

>hardly actually had any combat sequences
Shenmue 2 was filled with combat including a shit ton of fight clubs and challenges. A lot of people didn’t enjoy 1 enough to try the 2nd which is a shame. Originally both games were supposed to be 1 which is why the first plays more like a prologue while 2 ramps it up

Bump

IS the voice actor for Ren and Shenhua the same too?

Also I hope the delivery is still weird and stilted, dont make it good or it wont be Shenmue