Fightstick thread

This shit any good? Want to get into this fightstick meme.

Attached: 71i4mNUtIhL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 144K)

skip mayflash and get something good. its a one time purchase

no. that stick is the beginner trap. Get a stick with sanwa or hori parts

wait for promo sales during big tournaments. You can find new sticks for $80-100. Or look on ebay

unironically you really do need something premium for fightsticks
i wouldn't go below $150
but also know that you shouldn't feel pressured to buy one. a lot of pros play on pad. try a stick out at your local before deciding you need one.

Should mostly be like the 300, in which case, it's probably a perfectly fine beginner stick. And you can easily upgrade it to Sanwas or Seimitsus.

Too hard to play Fortnite with

I've been using it for about 3 years now, good although be weary:
> Stick is by default on a 4 sided cube shape and needs to be changed to the octagonal one
> the buttons stick after a very long use and need to be cleaned

but other than that shit is dope

Buy the cheapest fight stick you can get. Add a brooks converter to play on all systems and sanwa buttons.

If you pay any higher, you are really just paying for housing. Don't like the art? Just have your local stationary store print out a nice one for you.

is correct. But keep in mind when looking for a cheap stick to do the reaserch to make sure it can be modded easily.

Though I think the Mayflash F300 ELITE is the cheapest thing you can get with Sanwa parts. In which case you wouldn't even need to mode.

>needs to be changed to the octagonal one
retard
op do not listen to this man he has brain deficiency

Is the Te2 still good? Guy selling it in fgc group for a decent price and I want a good quality stick.

sticks dont really get obsolete

I use that stick with replaced buttons and stick, very good after you do that but the default stick and buttons are trash

Using a prebuild for housing is cheaper than buying an empty case these days. It's fucking sad.

>no touch pad
>no headphone jack
>no L3/R3

False. Early sticks had flaws.

A Mayflash with the stick and buttons swapped out for Sanwa is the cheapest way to get a good stick.
The only issues are that the Mayflash sticks are kind of small for some people, and they're the kind that need a regular controller plugged into them if you want to use them on 360/Xbone or PS4.
>try a stick out at your local
Absolutely 100% this

>octagonal
>not a square chad

look at my stick Yea Forums.

Attached: Dt8EMa5X4AAIgPS.jpg (1200x900, 183K)

Attached: bat-top-vs-ball-top.jpg (600x376, 35K)

ball top always

The RAP4 is $140 on amazon, that is about tbe best beginner stick you can get. Anything below $100 or so is typically trash, avoid them.

Attached: 41nwqBkPAmL._AC_SY400_.jpg (500x220, 17K)

To add on what these anons are saying I say consider what games you plan to play. Stick is nice as it is universal, if you go to a tournament you can bring a stick and play anything. If you are interested in older games or more niche games playing on a pad might not be possible.

I hate stick, any turbo controllers you guys recommend?

If you hate sticks then the DS4 is the best pad. Some people like the xboner controller better but almost every fighter is on playstation.

I love this one
Way better than the DS4 IMO

Attached: Fighting_Commander__38368.1541107907.jpg (1024x1024, 79K)

Not him but this looks pretty nice, HP and HK being face buttons is a lot better. How is the dpad? I quite like the one on DS4 with its sort of separated design, not sure to describe it, while that one is just all solid.

This, I got one a few years ago and it still works great.

I just got one myself, any problems you say I should know about? I hear the buttons are pretty clicky but so far I haven't had any problems with them.

Attached: sega.jpg (2862x2146, 1.61M)

Don't listen to anyone in this thread. EXCEPT cause he's right.
Mayflash F500 is a good stick and even BETTER when you mod it with Sanwa buttons and stick. I changed the artwork on mine recently, and will get clear buttons that might light up and show the rest of the artwork. I will also get a F300 so I can carry it around with me in my bag.

Attached: file.png (1032x581, 1M)

The little door to the compartment where you store the cord comes off easy, other then that nothing really comes to mind. Now I need to get new buttons but that is because mine are starting to get worn down from years of use.

It's good. Unlike the DS4's dpad you kinda gotta do your movements from the center of the pad. And since it's all one piece you can do much smaller movements. In my experience it does diagonals a lot better, that actually fucked me up a bit starting out since on the ds4 when ever i did a diagonal it kinda went to forward next by default. It feels like the DS4 in that it's "soft", unlike the xbone pad which is clicky.

so true my friend

Attached: SDL-301-DX3.jpg (2592x4365, 3.09M)

Attached: to boldy go.jpg (2016x1504, 437K)

For a second there I thought someone had done an End of Evangelion stick.

Attached: sfahx09ivva11.png (1920x1080, 2.24M)

ALL A FIGHT/ARCADE STICK NEEDS IS
>GOOD BUTTONS
>GOOD STICK
>AND GOOD PCB
That's it. You can use whatever body you want if you made your stick.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

Thanks for the info user. I've been using a DS4 but I'm open to looking into a new controller.

D-Pad is great, I would kill for a normal DS4 with the Hori Fighting Commander's D-Pad for games that don't need six face buttons, like DBFZ or Mortal Kombat.

I have one and I like it but I cannot for my entire life figure out how to hold it (specifically with my right hand). Do I rest the whole thing on my knee or...?? Please help senpai

Attached: 1548034897344.jpg (224x281, 23K)

I just hold it normally
Like, hitting the buttons with my thumbs
I rest my index on R2 (shoulder) though, R1 (shoulder) is in kind of an awkward position

Think Qanba Drones are still $40 on newegg. If you only want to play on PS4/PS3 then I would go with that. Only issue is having to use vinyl for artwork.

Attached: DdgNR4_U8AAZorj.jpg (1199x797, 244K)

oh and change those shoulders to L3/R3 L1/L2
So what I mean by R1 (shoulder) is L1 (on the right)
idfk

a bat top for a sanwa is like $10
so just get one and see what you think

Good stick. Even better when replace the stick, buttons with sanwa and go the extra mile to replace the PCB with pic related. It's alright normally too, but it just BEGS you to mod it.

Attached: file.png (600x338, 256K)

Yes, get the F500. The F300 is too small.

got a tes+ as my first fightstick for 120 during christmas
its been amazing and learning to use it took way less time than i thought, but i keep getting this nagging feeling i shouldve got the TE2 instead
any anons with a te2 had any problems with it?

Attached: Screenshot_20181225-132811.png (1014x749, 428K)

Don't listen to any of these idiots. That fightstick is alright if you mainly play on PC. The case is very good, the joystick is also fairly good. Its a sanwa imitation, but it's surprisingly good. Very, very clicky, very snappy It probably doesn't last as long in top condition as a real sanwa, but it's definitely alright. You WILL have to replace the buttons with real Sanwas sooner than later, though. Fake ones tens to wear off relatively fast and at different rates to the point where it'll be a nightmare to try and push two buttons at once.

If you can get it on sale, and it often IS on sale if you look around, then it's one of your best bets. Very moddable, nice size and weight and not offensively ugly like many others.

just buy it, if it's your first

which fighting games are hip?
t. haven't played since I was massively let down by SFV

Right now DBFZ is the hippest one available by far, MK11 will probably be pretty hip when it comes out
DBFZ is easy as fuck and boring though, everyone plays the same

Tekken is the cool kid of fighting games right now. Soul calibur is his little brother that loves eating glue, and Unist is the handsome guy next door that could get a beautiful girlfriend if he wasn't gay.

I just bought this and I'm happy with it, my previous stick was one of the cheaper SF4 madcats originals I had modded with Sanwa stuff.

I must say, Hori really nailed it on the Hayabusa parts. The buttons are way better than the Sanwas IMO (Its all just taste of course) and the Joystick feels quality.

I'm planning to mod the spring and balltop/dust washer. I mostly play Fighting games on PC but I figured I'd get a lot of mileage out of it with all the SHMUPS and arcade ports on Switch.

Attached: hori.jpg (1000x505, 30K)

>primarily play fightan games with a gamepad
>gamepad breaks
>remember that I bought a Qanba Carbon years ago at a convention but practically never used it
>now trying to get into using it

It's weird getting used to a joystick, but having the buttons laid out makes for much better normals linking.

I use a PS4 controller and I swear to god sometimes it just outright doesn't read my inputs correctly. (Up+back) instead of (back). What should I get instead? Want to stay on pad if possible.

refer to

I grew up with bat tops in the arcades so I use a bat top on my sanwa sticks too. Lollipops work fine but I think I'll always prefer bats.

>Spill water on that
>It collapses and shorts.

Gets by well but I there are times I feel the joystick needs to be a tad bit "stiffer " if that makes sense.

Attached: Qanba+Crystal+Main.jpg (1000x750, 729K)

I grew up playing on bat tops too and my execution was beyond shit. I instantly fell in love with ball tops, my hand instinctively adapted to a wine glass grip that lets me use my wrist for quick and natural movement. Fuck bat tops.

Qanba's are always good. If you want it to be stiffer you should change the spring in the stick.

bat always.
ball-tops are too small for me.

Attached: 20180829_130912.jpg (1392x826, 252K)

Well that's what you get for having butter fingers.

Damn nigga, that's a neat looking stick.

It's a shame that acrylic always ends up looking nasty the moment you touch it. I wonder if there's some kind of lacquer or treatment out there to keep it from picking up fingerprints and other oils so easily.

10+ pounds of steel
>inb4 ur a big guy

Attached: HZK8GRx.jpg (1500x848, 135K)

how do you create these custom sticks? they look good

Kinda wanted to get used to ball top, square gate or oct?

Attached: E12AD7D1-62B1-4289-8568-D6A732A664B3.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

Does anyone know a good place to find or make custom skins for my stick?

Square, octo is for prancing homos

when i'm playing games it i don't notice it. i take a micro fiber cloth to it once in a while though

Attached: 20180724_094043.jpg (1856x1392, 515K)

I prefer the Hayabusa buttons over Sanwas, Hayabusa levers are identical to Sanwas for me but the quality control on them seem to be sketchy as I've heard that some of them rebound.

Swap to a Sanwa stick and add a heavy spring.

adding a weighted spring helps

What kind of sticks are these where I can change the design on them? What do you use for the design? Do you just print out what you want on photopaper and stick it on there?

Attached: 1505919649214.jpg (458x456, 22K)

LAYERS FGC

>tfw want a stickless pad
>Don't want to spend the $200 to get it
Feels Poor, Man

sticks with swappable art usually have manufacturer provided templates you can get, Focus Attack also provides them and does art printing specifically for sticks

Nice Kuuga emblem, you fatty

Attached: 10622956_10202003032956230_3062784235569218749_n.jpg (475x712, 55K)

print on A3 paper and cut with x-acto knife. ez pz done

If said stick is easy to mod then its good.
Provided you are willing to pay extra to mod sticks with shit parts.
Also Drone is one sale.

I grew up with bat but strongly prefer balltop.
Though I would like to know how those smaller Korean battops feel.
Nigga that is fucking pretty, respect.

The art is nice but I can't tell who the fuck is fighting who due to the stick.
I expected the BooberTag stick to look like shit but that actually looks kind of nice.
That uses hyabusa and kuro right? Best stick and buttons I have ever used.

Does anyone have a link to the push buttons that use MX switches?

The drone is fairly cheap to get, but I highly recommend replacing the buttons and stick on it as they're pretty bad.

Everyone got them fancy sticks and I'm just sitting here in the third world...

Attached: IMG_20190224_222018387.jpg (4608x2592, 2.74M)

Attached: 1539817074563.png (1000x5000, 1.69M)

I've wanted a VLX since 2010

me too

They are unwieldy

Attached: DxagMw9UUAALyM6.jpg (1536x2048, 438K)

I got mine on arcade shock and for a few bucks more got all the parts replaced with what I wanted. Great stick.

True, even though that's not the VLX

>mirror HRAP1
gib me

Attached: diy fight stick.jpg (4032x1960, 636K)

its in the box there, below the HRAP1
Cant be assed to take it out right now

Ah, is it the original red version for the PS3? That was always my favorite color scheme

On one hand, I'm curious. On the other, It's more expensive than a Hitbox

Attached: page_7_5.gif?1550811179.jpg (1000x1000, 120K)

Attached: 3d printed arcade stick.jpg (2807x2105, 3.11M)

Doesn't happen on mine, in fact it feels identical to Sanwa's joystick. I'm surprised how good the Hayabusa parts are in my opinion, I bought it as a beater stick and I prefer it over my Razer and Qanba sticks.

this one?
no, ps4/ps3/pc

Attached: Dy6FeGNUYAAzVHU.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

yeah, im the same way. enjoyed my HRAP4 so much i got a fighting edge, its literally my perfect stick

>$250
good lord, I should get in the arcade stick market

Attached: RGB arcade stick.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Sorry bro, I only have one GameCube controller. Use this for the tourney

Attached: 1_SmashBoxPNG_8e3d813b-a4f4-4576-b2f8-c35cc6604a04_1080x.png (1080x609, 825K)

I want a Stickless arcade thing so much, but I just can't put the money down

If you have any sort of decent woodworking skills, the custom stick market isn't a bad way to make some cash. You would have to print out a lot of questionable annie may and hentai overlays though.

>buy a laser cutter
>sell a few of these to break even
:thinking:

You lost me at
>Buy a laser cutter
I don't have any skills required for making pads

That is cute

no, that's what I would do, and because it's a shitton easier/faster than cutting things by hand

just ripping off retards that don't understand the point of all buttons as a control scheme

Tried one out at a local recently, unironically considering getting one, makes it so much easier to do a lot of technical shit.

Objective reasons as to why pads are shit
>your thumb gets calloused
>hurts your thumb and you get tired quickly
>dpads are the most unprecise pieces of shit ever
>have to resort to the cuck claw grip just to input correctly
Unlike what most people say I think stick is just objectively superior

>Kuuga
you are a hero of justice

Pretty good b8 list.

Octogonal is fucking retarded. Square shape is much better because it teaches you better form, you learn quickly to apply just the bare minimum force needed to hit the diagonals.

I want a Smash box but it has Xinput and a full 360's controller worth of buttons. I guess I could make one but i don't know how I would set up the modifier buttons for different angles on the analog stick buttons. I unironically think it could be the best way to play shit, using all ten fingers for inputs at the same time. Would take a while to learn but it's absolutely doable.

Tried one before, I really liked it for melee. Made a lot of float aerials and DJC aerials with peach a lot easier to do as you can use more fingers.

I don't play smash, I just like the idea of an all-button controller that I could use for any game.

Get a hitbox then.

All it has is a d-pad, dummy. That's why I said "a full 360's controller worth of buttons". I want buttons for two sticks, L3 and R3, a dpad, all the face buttons, and the triggers. That doesn't exist.

Add a stick to the hitbox then.

>doesn't take modding into account at all
shit list

>B8 list

How so? I know nothing of sticks.

>Yeah, I'll take one fight stick, hold the stick.

Attached: 1282445191203.jpg (334x302, 12K)

t. poorfag trash tier owners

t. durr hurr i throw my money away and that makes me better than you

Fightsticks are a must if you play any fighting game that includes Instant Air Dashes. (tapping 9-6, or 7-4 if airdashing away) It's infinitely easier to pull off on a stick, and you're as good as dead unless you can't use ALL of the tools at your disposal. Been going to local Guilty Gear fight nights for a while, and the meta involves quite a bit of IAD-ing.

They're also very ideal for bullet-hell shmups, if you play any of those. I played them for years with D-pads, but when I finally switched to a stick, after an initial learning curve of a few days, I was churning out much better scores or survival runs than I ever could have with a D-pad.

>he's poor

Attached: 4.jpg (480x360, 15K)

It's literally made by some tripfag. Most of those sticks are luxury sticks and you can make or mod a cheaper stick for better.

any stick u need to tether a ps4 or xbox controller to to work with those consoles is trash. and when u factor in cost or quality stick and buttons (those arent free!) u may as well buy a rap 4 or te2

Nice bait, but we all know the Hayabusa stick is godlike. Straight upgrade from Sanwa, Seimitsu, or regular Hori stock levers. Bought a Qanba crystal last year, and the first thing I did with it was swap out the lever for a Hayabusa one.

No you don't, I've been playing with pad for years and can pull off IADs without a sweat.

Been playing with a pad for over 15 years, couldn't do IADs for shit. Switched to stick, was able to do them on command 99 times out of 100 within the first day.

>Been playing with a pad for over 15 years, couldn't do IADs for shit

lol, im sorry you have the dexterity of a retarded baby.

Mad Catz come back and make sticks.

Attached: DkoW16gXcAEXA94.jpg large.jpg (2048x1536, 577K)

Attached: fpst.png (1367x800, 2.13M)

Sure thing. Let us know when you can 1CC Ketsui with that D-pad, lad.

>go through years of being a laughing stock
>reinvent yourself catering to a niche market and become market leaders
>completely fuck yourselves over by going all in on fake instruments in a dying genre
What a rise and fall. Movie when?

Honestly feels the same to me, the Hayabusa buttons are noticeably better in my opinion. The Kuro buttons were trash.

Only attentionwhores would use a stick like this.

Attached: please die.png (1918x464, 977K)