Yea Forums PLAYS SONIC AND ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED

Which one of you motherfuckers own this game on Steam? I'm gonna start a passworded private match for any of you to join.

IN ORDER TO JOIN:
>Right click the game in your library
>Go to properties
>In the "General" tab, click "Set Launch Options"
>enter -internalid rage

GET IN HERE

Attached: HOW TO JOIN.png (980x694, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sonic_&_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SERVER IS UP NOW

Bump

>enter -internalid rage
Why?

It's the only way to have a private server.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sonic_&_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed

I miss Yea Forums plays xcom

Bump

Oh neat trick user, I used to have to host and invite people from the steam group.
You guys have fun for me like we used to, I'm pretty tired tonight.

I'll join in just a sec, but I may be rusty since it's been a while since I played. Objectively the best kart racer of all time, and I LOVE shit like Mario Kart and CTR

Keeping this bumped whilst I download it on steam

Get bodied nigga

One person in now!

Change the track.

How many people are in? need to download the game again

I got fucked by the axes

Three racers now. How the fuck do I change the track?

Almost stole the win from me at the end despite me dominating the entire thing kek

oh, it's by voting.

HOLY FUCK I FLEW RIGHT INTO A WALL

Im downloadin niggas wait for me

Look, one of you fuckers took Joe Musashi, so I had to go AGES on y'all niggas.

I wish someone would mod in the tracks from the first game into Transformed. There's not enough tracks.

Attached: 1550904724493.jpg (500x549, 41K)

I forgot the dumb restriction where you couldn't pick more than 1 of the same character

How is the first game anyway?

On the subject of Sonic Kart racing games, has anyone played this? I saw a thread about it yesterday and it looks surprisingly well made.

Don't get it on PC, it doesn't have online multiplayer.

Attached: SBR2K.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Fuck items and fuck all stars.

adios amigos

What would you guys think about arena modes?

Fuck that game, that was stupid. I was in the leauge and I glitched like 50 feet into the air.

Later bruv

GET IN HERE EVERYONE ELSE

Yeah my car literally flipped the fuck over on the track and I had to sit there until it flipped back

I personally prefer it far more than Transformed. I'm not fond of the boat and plane modes. I personally don't find it as engaging or as intense as kart racing and since the first game is nothing but kart tracks, I love it a hell of a lot more.

What's fucking retarded is that the PC version doesn't have network play, but the fucking Mac version does.

That was the most fucked up all star I ever witnessed in my life. Holy shit

I was the one that used it and even I felt like that was bullshit

>I was in the leauge and I glitched like 50 feet into the air.
I'm not sure what's the problem. Sounds like a typical bug ridden Sumo Digital game.

Did everyone quit? I cant find any lobbies

oh no no no NO NO

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AMIGO

The first one has Opa-Opa, the second doesn't.
He was my favorite racer in the first damnit why did they drop him

i did the internalid rage and booted up the game what now?

I like some of the additions in Transformed, but I still think it's an overall worse roster. How could they cut Billy like that bros?

Did you put in the password and go to matchmaking?

3/10 whats the deal bros...i thought everyone said transformed is better and the new sonic racing sucks cause its sonic only...

Transformed fans just talk about Transformed. They don't actually play it.

Go to matchmaking in the main menu and search for races

i don't have sonic all star racing but i want to play games with Yea Forums.

Attached: Dispair.jpg (803x717, 93K)

Sounds about right. Gonna be fun when tsr lives for years after sonic transformed died in 2 months. Strangely enough i can still find games on 360

They gave the game away for free recently on Xbox Live.

Is the server still up? Reinstalling now.

Still up, 6 players now

Well damn i missed that. Wouldve liked a free digital copy

You're like 6 years late to the party dude. We played it frequently when it released in 2012.

Something shitty about kart racers is that if you get jumbled around in the first 10 seconds and first place doesnt, they will almost always race uncontested. How do you even catch up in this game when theres no way to stop first place?

Honestly, I'm just waiting for someone to break the seventh seal and play as Danica

I've always managed to claw myself back to second place, but you're right about 1st place being contested if he gets just enough of a lead. Transform's answer to blue shell doesn't even touch the lead as a majority of the time they'll be too far ahead to be affected by the swarm. What ends up happening is that everyone in 2nd place and below just keeps hitting each other and widens the gap for 1st place to win uncontested.

I also fucking hate how souless Transformed's weapons are. They're just generic items. At least the first game had them related to the games.

>Honestly, I'm just waiting for someone to break the seventh seal and play as Danica
I'm on my way

You bastard

You know exactly what im talking about, good for you m8. Thats just it. 1st zooms to victory and 2nd-10th duke it out for scraps. The blue shell is a necessary evil.

Props to general winter, ages, and bd joe in this lobby

It's a flight stage. I'm garbage at those so I'm guaranteed to lose.

How the fuck does the risk boost even work?

air dodging near obstacles increases boost dramatically. There are 3 levels of boost traditionally, but there are six when stacked with traditional boost pick ups and risk boosts.

>snow castle as soon as i come in
fuk u

Attached: 4_8.jpg (574x415, 345K)

I've never played with this many people before. This is an utter clusterfuck. It's kinda awesome

How many people in the server?

>Get hit at the finish line
>Game glitches out and keeps me at the finish line
>End the race as DNF instead of third

Yep, that's a Sumo Digital game alright.

Attached: IMG_20190221_164418.jpg (438x342, 21K)

Full house, 10

Fuck you Gum!

I hope nobody is using that fucking yogscast DLC

And the game crashed, so I gotta call it for now. Thanks for playing! I'll probably do this again soon

I wish this game would recognize when everyone was fucking ready/voted and just start the fucking match.

Huh. Learn something new everyday.

They apparently couldn't think of a vehicle design for Billy Hatcher.
I find it to be a dumb excuse when they could make up vehicles for football manager, the roman guy and that goddamn eceleb.

WILLEMUS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK

Attached: 1376208615575.jpg (679x631, 92K)

They made Nights and Reala into a fucking car. It's a dumb as fuck excuse and I'll never forgive them.

>They made Nights and Reala into a fucking car.
It looks odd, but it's faithful to the character.

Attached: nights2-16.png (640x360, 339K)

I've never been fucked that hard in my life before.

>Sazpaimon

>No matter what I did, Robotnik had a defensive item to counter my attacks
All I could do was follow

Attached: 0ba.png (1280x720, 744K)

BUMP

>Dream Valley
I'm prepared for a DNF

>Exit out of All-Star mode in the middle of a transformation ring
>Game doesn't register that I'm a boat and I fall through the ocean
>Drift boost a corner
>Hit a wave
>180 spin out

I hate boats

Attached: 1936039.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

I am a simple man, I see ASRT, I play

Thats happened to me so many times. Same with the plane rings not registering so id keep flying through a portal but not transform, then a few seconds later get reset in a car. Completely kills the place and im in and puts me in last. Im so glad TSR is getting rid of these shitty gimmicks

I haven't seen your name float around in years nigga.

Race of AGES is always clutch as fuck. Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I've been enjoying life mostly out of the public light

Also fuck Race of Ages is impossible when you haven't played in years

>Im so glad TSR is getting rid of these shitty gimmicks
I'm with you on that. Everytime I say I hate these fucking boat and plane modes, these fucking cucks defend the game with a throwaway "gitgud" line. I want to play a kart racer, not a half assed boat and plane racer.

The thread inspired me to play the last Sonic and Sega All Stars, and I think I might actually find it better. The visual and sound effects give it a better sense of speed, and there's something that feels like it's an extension of Outrun 2006 in a way that Transformed doesn't.

And it's got the Bonanza Bros.

Attached: kisspng-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-car-bonanza-bros-wi-car-5ad4d1a9cb2e72.2012014515238967458322[1] (900x520, 85K)

>Go from a commanding lead to 6th place

I wish that game had online. I much rather play that version than fucking Transformed. Nobody cares enough about these games to try and import the tracks from the first game to Transformed.

Theres a reason transformed died fast. Only hardcore autists who can deal with the jank stuck with it. I played the first all stars for years on xbox live but could barely find anyone a few months in with transformed. Now you have these same npcs saying transformed good tsr bad because muh taxi nigger muh boatz.

Fuck, I rage quit when like 3 people in the middle of the pack got all-stars one after the other.
I like the fact that items aren't as limited to what place you're in unlike Mario Kart, but they went too far by having like 3rd and 2nd place able to get all-stars, and ahving something as OP as all-star in the game in the first place.

I hate All-Star in general. It hurts me more than helps. I hate how the co trolls completely fucking change. The first game did it right by disabling it in online mode.

Doesn't help that Transformed is littered (and still is) with bugs. Sumo Digital is fucking king of jank. LBP3 suffered from the same unpolished shit.

True, their physics in any game theyve made is silly, but the first all stars feels solid enough. But the driving in crackdown 3...well I just hope tsr feels better than that does

People still playing?

I'm not gonna play, but have a bump for actually playing videogames.

Attached: 1550942418025.jpg (511x471, 152K)

That was always annoying as hell.
In fact, that has happened to me a fair share of times without involving an all-star, typically on the After Burner track.

Yeh.
We're still in here, though a whole bunch of people disconnected.

Fun games

Attached: Smash Bros.webm (640x360, 2.67M)

installing now please dont leave

And the runback

Attached: Resident Evil - Vendetta.webm (640x360, 2.4M)

Oh shit niggas I'm re downloading this right now

Is this game worth buying?

>tfw keyboard controls

not for $20 its pretty much dead
got mine from a humblebundle a long time ago

Havent played in 2 years and forgot the controls so go easy on me boys

No. Dead game. There's gonna be shills trying to convince you otherwise but you're better off playing Kart 8 or wait for TSR.

How many of you are picking up TSR?

not finding any lobbies so i guess its dead

bumperonni

Attached: 1446782060262.jpg (833x1000, 261K)

Put in the password and then go to matchmaking.

I would say yes because it's honestly a really exciting game to get good at and there's a lot of single player content. But if you're interested in multiplayer, it's not worth full price. You might as well get it from G2A or something - it's not like Sumo expects to make money anymore on this.

I guess so. My hopes aren't very high, though.

Nobody online? Matching -> race right ?

Yeah, remember to put in the password. If you come to an empty lobby, I guess no one is playing.

I never understood why people claim the item balance is better in Transformed vs. Mario Kart. Especially the distribution. I swear, I never see speed boost when I'm in last place. In fact, I rarely see that shit at all. The game gives you an overabundance of tracking items like drones and twisters. The All-Star ability is distributed in such a retarded fashion that someone in second can get it.

The idea is a noble one: all items except for All-Star can be avoided or countered in some way. The homing weapons can be hit with items, or the player can time their boost to escape. Even the blue-shell swarm can be avoided if the player is deft enough to evade it.

I think they do try to give more items to the players in the back, like two RC cars instead of one. But you are right that the All-Star is obviously supposed to be a catch-up mechanic, but it can go to literally anyone, creating the chance of the rich getting richer.

I don't see how that's a valid argument. You can counter most items outside of lighting and blue shell in Mario Kart 8, and with the Deluxe release, there's a lot more defensive options now that trailing item makes a return. The item distribution is far better in Deluxe as well with people in the back getting items that will actually help in catching up with the entire race, not just the person in front of you. It's a good idea on paper, but I don't think they did a good job executing it.

Yeah, it's pretty fun. It kinda feels like the MUGEN of kart racing games with the amount of mods it has.
I was on that thread playing with some anons, good times.

It's really difficult to master though, I don't think I ever made it into the top 5.

Attached: 1530283754113.jpg (312x310, 11K)

I haven't played MK8, so I don't know the specifics. But SASRT tries to take out catchup mechanics altogether under the pretense of "the most skilled wins." The problem is that that works fine if you're doing something like a 1v1 race where there's enough space to let the racers respond to each other. But, as you noted, with enough players it just turns into a clusterfuck where the person in first becomes a runaway winner because all of the players behind him can only fuck each other up instead of actually trying to stop the leader.

Did they do something to this game in an update? I got 80 hours out of it with no problems, but now I can barely manage 30 fps on Ocean View. What the fuck.

Installing my game, wait for me guys

Don't do fullscreen/window mode. I had to switch to fullscreen.

Yeah, it's simply not possible to do a skill based race with items that have auto tracking abilities. Not to mention that the netcode isn't exactly the best so pulling off speed boost to dodge items isn't always guaranteed.