Hopes? dreams? aspirations?

hopes? dreams? aspirations?
full empties

Attached: asd.jpg (640x360, 35K)

that sergey isn't gonna scam me

Metro Exodus is STALKER 2 complete with spending minutes upon minutes listening to Russkies talk

What else can we do with STALKER?
Base it around another zone of Roadside Picnic?

Attached: stalker wish granter.png (950x707, 370K)

since 2010 the most hours ive spent in games went into stalker games and mods so i hope its good god please

Metro is STALKER:reddit edition
>dumbed down for wider audience
>less interesting in general
>not as fun to play

it even has guitars

make a good game fist

I want to believe that it will be good
but videogame industry teached me that its giant bitch
I think there is about 30% chance that it will be Ubisoft-sandbox game, without any charm of original trilogy,
it will play like second homefront

Reddit is what made Stalker popular with the shitty "get outta here stalker, i said come in don't stand there" etc. memes

the old STALKER 2 had some amazing ideas

Attached: O_5094eed0d500f.jpg (1200x622, 310K)

they said they only made the site for trying to get funding, I doubt the game is actually under development

Yeah the hand models could have been better

why is the Metro series brought up so much in STALKER threads? the gameplay and atmosphere are so different

>it actually comes out
That's it. If it's good, then fuck yeah it's stalkan time. If it's bad, the franchise can finally be laid to rest and the shitty vague teasers are no more. I'm fine either way.

>full empties
wtf user, how.

It's the same way with every meme, it originates on actual game discussion forums then reddit murders the fuck out of it and then you get cancerous retards that only say they like stalker as an internet fashion statement

They're both Slavic post-apoc games with mutants and 4A actually has a bunch of ex-GSC guys who worked on Stalker, so comparisons are inevitable despite the major differences.

made by former STALKER devs

also the devs said they were aping STALKER with exodus

ex-GSC also made Survarium, it's usually a sign for the worse if a game advertises that it's developed by ex-GSC devs. I'm not going to totally slam Metro but it's a much more shallow experience

anomalies should look like this in STALKER 2

Attached: marc-stewart-nova-zona-anomaly-01.jpg (1920x1200, 418K)

Survarium still makes me wonder why they thought it was a good idea

Looks like something from Bloodborne or Code Vein. Cool tho, maybe not a good fit for STALKER

I think the difference for Metro is, regardless of your opinion on the gameplay, clearly a labor of love and immense talent. It captures much of the same atmosphere as stalker, and is just well crafted.

*cartoon sound effect*

It actually makes perfect sense in a stalker game. Imagine that thing camouflaging itself as part of the surroundings in a dense, foggy woods, and then attacking you in proximity

Attached: O_5094ec050ede3.jpg (1200x622, 371K)

get out linkies

cute strelok

Skeptical. Is it being made by hte same team? If not I fear it could be made for the modern era of shooter, in which its about set pieces, zoomer go fast combat and not actually STALKER.

honestly i imagined it as "the world" sound effect before i even read this

Attached: 8-p8Ag.jpg (1200x622, 396K)

what the fuck is that?looks the pig was pregnant and the fetus mutated

daily reminder that sergey is the reason stalker is what it is
All of the STALKER games were made under entirely different teams, and they turned out mostly the same although SoC is still the greatest

I get where this is going, but it's pretty meh
not bad, looks like something an anomaly would do
hmm

Flesh pig, I imagine the luz extinguido coming out of the side would be the side that would attack you, and the pig side just looks like dead weight, like a part that it no longer uses

What STALKER 2 needs more than anything are better, weirder anomalies. As you get closer to the CNPP, anomalies should focus less on physical damage and more on breaking reality - time distortions, space distortions, and the like. Rooms that are bigger inside than out, infinite hallways, impossible mazes, fields where time passes at half speed, pockets of space that spit out thrown bolts at the speed of bullets, etc... There are endless possibilities.

>"like a part that it no longer uses"
>bait and camouflage aren't uses

I wanna see some really fucked up mind bending mutants the closer you get to the center

Same setting, way different elements. The morality of both games is the big difference in games to me. Metro makes you care about your choices and who you kill. STALKER makes me feel like the dirty looter who will go through any length to get that next big score. The latter feeling is what really immerses me.

I think I would actually prefer a Roadside Picnic game set in Canada to STALKER 2.

I mean like an appendix, the creature has evolved faster than it's physical appearance

>bait
>implying people would be fooled by an unmutated animal in the zone
they would jump their attention to 101 if something nice would appear in front of them, like loot unlooted.

This shit is retarded. Even for Zone

would be interesting how this would look ingame and what it would even do

Attached: x81s75utudy01.jpg (1600x830, 188K)

You are 100% not familiar with what stalker is supposed to be if you think so

It's still clearly mutated

Attached: s_t_a_l_k_e_r__2_mutant_pig_by_hamburgercranium_d6yhj91-fullview.jpg (1024x531, 71K)

stalker 1, without loading screens.

achieve that first then we can start asking for more.

A better engine for modding since most mods are great for Stalker but run like shit

>STALKER makes me feel like a dirty looter
This. My favorite part about STALKER'S setting is that the world outside the zone is still normal. Everyone on the inside is there by choice.

The dead space looking mutant i get, but what's wrong with the pig and log?

I think the goal to making good creatures in STALKER is finding that balance between something totally alien and something just heavily mutated.

Attached: beautiful.jpg (588x588, 127K)

is this true? im going to eventually play through chernobyl i just haven't gotten around to it, but that actually makes the whole plot a lot more fucking awesome

Metro didn't make me care about my choices, it felt exactly like a contemporary CoD story

There's a lot of medical and scientific advancements because of artifact research, but yeah it's otherwise perfectly normal.

the zone is growing though

They look like something an american would design and find scary. They're ill-fitting, video-game-y and plebeian, like something out of a fantasy D&D book

I really hope this fucker makes it in. Imagining seeing this guy wandering in the isolated woods gives me actual shivers.

Attached: O_5094eb54de871.jpg (1200x622, 215K)

What's yer offer

Plant life mutating into a zone antibody that camouflages itself as plant life makes total sense though and wouldn't feel out of place in the zone, it might be new for the series but it's far from mod tier stuff

>is this true?
yes, the canon story says people illegally brave the zone in search for artifacts to sell for fat profits, most are the criminals and deserters which we affectionally call stalkers.

RETURN THE SLAB

I definitely agree with this. Anomalies are like blank canvases for gameplay elements. Would also love to see some anomaly infused weapons or just plain anomaly captured in a device and turned into a vortex/flamethrower weapon.

>muh americans
>buzzword buzzword buzzword
Well they're official concept art, so i dunno what to tell you man if you can't get more specific as to their actual problems

I'm starting to feel glad that this iteration of STALKER2 went nowhere desu. Looks like generic shit.

name me anything that looks like that. the closest I can think of are the taller from cry of fear

thats wild, id kinda like the sequel to have a massive map after the zone has taken over major parts of the world

I'd love it if STALKER 2 had a real horror vibe to it with the mutant design, where regular stalker felt scary mostly in the labs, even low-tier overworld mutants could be fucked up in some grisly way though balancing this with a mostly bleak /depressing atmosphere would also be key

So is this from the Stalker supposedly in development or is this from the Stalker that was cancelled when GSG dissolved

They look like actual mutants, fucked up organic things instead of the more simplified old stalker look.

this is from the cancelled stalker game

Dude you realise that you're talking about the game that has a Chtulu dude that turns invisible and sucks your blood

Attached: 1541171730855.jpg (722x349, 79K)

the latter

fuck off, they look dumb as hell. Reminds me silent hill origins' initial proposed concept art which was also garbage that missed the mark completely and were drawn by a simpleton

Attached: 1549845601994.jpg (1100x850, 80K)

>full empties

Attached: 12rbgt5y.jpg (500x500, 47K)

>The latter feeling is what really immerses me.
the linear levels, cinematic and morality choices in Metro made it feel like the world was built around the player, which doesn't immerse me at all. on the other hand, the harshness and unpredictability of STALKER's world drew me in as it made me want to understand it more and adapt to it

I'm thinking mutant design could be more subtle but I can't say I prefer old flesh pig which by all accounts is goofier

Wood creature doesn't look out of place, it would just have to be executed reallly well

Exodus has factions, russians playing guitars, geocaches, open world, bandits everywhere, train depots on train depots. It's STALKER 2.

one of the reasons why I really didn't like Metro was this, it just felt like it was made for a AAA audience even though fart sniffers will call it muh niche and obscure game

I can't believe someone actually believes STALKER wasn't popular until Reddit.

Only STALKER has A-Life.

>full empties
This reminds me I lost the fucking book, God dammit

>Exodus is STALKER 2.

It fucking so isn't.

Attached: 1539901607217.jpg (625x415, 36K)

please be a troll

No A-life, no artifacts, and not enough anomalies. Despite the similar vibes it's no stalker game.

I hope they put an annotation next to Master difficulty that says
>(No, this won't make you deal more damage blyat how can you guys be so stupid)

Maybe not, but lower difficulty still makes enemies bullet-spongy due to them spawning with more medkits, and since enemies can use medkits to heal they can pretty much infinitely tank your ammo and heal

Crazier anomalies, maybe pull some shit from roadside picnic or even the movie. Those rolling hills would be fucking cool. Expand on A-Life. AI hasn't really gone anywhere in a long time and if anybody can do it right it would be GSC. Better enemy tactics, npcs having a wider range of actions, factions actually mattering, greater control over your squad members, etc. A larger variety of weaponry, give me some WWII shit for the hobo phase. More grenade types like smokes, molotovs, or flashbangs. More mutants and flesh out existing locations more. A seasonal weather system that you have to plan around as the Zone changes dramatically from fall to winter. Multiplayer would be nice but shouldn't be the focus of the game, like you can roam the zone with a friend if you want but don't make it a fucking BR game.

>WWII shit for the hobo phase.
Think nuggets would be the extent of wwii shit for the hobo phase that make sense, I'd love to see a mix of Maks, shotguns, various guns that you would expect to see on a low-end black market roster

Is Ray of Hope dead? Haven't seen any new info on it.

expect it as soon as gunslinger

haha slenderman amirite ladies

>last update: march 2018
FUCK

i'm sorry whit*id, derailing your hopes

Attached: MetroExodus_2019_02_21_11_59_05_601.jpg (1920x1080, 660K)

Metro is the normaloid watered down stalker for babbies

EYUP!
Mmhm!
Oblivion Lost!
Now THAT was a game, not this SOC bull shit!

Attached: boomer.png (283x308, 168K)

Cautious optimism. I have my doubts, and there is a lot of room to fuck up based on what we know so far.

Finally something to play while waiting for bannerlord

>Boomer playing anything other than AMK

AHEN

Attached: PEPSIMAN.jpg (596x460, 78K)

Which do you think it will release first, Gunslinger mod or STALKER 2?

Theres boomer
And then theres BOOMER, following development since 2002

Attached: 213.jpg (800x600, 403K)

What's the best mod for buildzfeel that runs better than OLR

If I saw that ingame, I'd just take note before walking far away.
Large scale visual anomalies are terrifying.

Isnt gunslinger pretty much cancelled

OLR is the best buildzfeel mod out there
Just put it on static and it Will run on a potato
You can also try RMA atmospheric addon, but thats more like 2005/2006 soc than oblivion lost

I fucked with the settings for an hour or so but couldn't really get anything I was happy with for good fps

>exodus same as stalker
you havent played a single stalker game

Did you check the configurator?

none