Do colour blind people really have trouble with spotting and differentiating certain things in video games...

Do colour blind people really have trouble with spotting and differentiating certain things in video games? How can people go through their entire childhoods without knowing that they suffer from it if that's the case?

Attached: color-blind-test-750x400.jpg (751x400, 149K)

I struggle differentiating between allies (green) and enemies (red) in FPS. My cousins always used to say that I was just making it up but when I switched the game to colour-blind mode (blue/orange) I significantly improved.

Congratulations, you’re colorblind!

I don't know, you tell me OP

Attached: colourblindnesstest.jpg (225x225, 26K)

i have a hard time distinguishing second and the last one. what's the diagnosis doc?

nah, they're just lying

There's a theory about how people are blind to their own IQ's.

Attached: two.png (483x421, 47K)

There's nothing in the top middle right?
Its a troll image

Attached: wew.jpg (259x194, 8K)

nah bro, after a while i saw 2 and 6, but it was much harder than the others, which were obvious. just wanted to know if it means anything.

its a 2, but the op image is intentionally edited to make it a bit harder to see than usual

Yes.

Because when you've experienced the world in a certain way since birth you don't realize anything is wrong if you don't get specifically tested for it. I had no idea I was color blind before a doctor whipped out a book full of those dot things once in a random health check up.

Attached: 1516391128579.jpg (372x371, 72K)

12 8 42 71 8

Google the dunning kruger effect

It's the hardest to see in this image, either there's trickery afoot or it's a more common form of colorblindness.
It could be a form that's caused by eye strain from playing video games which is why there are multiple people who are struggling or can't see it here.

Attached: 1506236403082.png (1919x1079, 1.76M)

some of these were made where you should only be able to clearly see the number when you are colorblind

Congratz you aint color blind.

you're a fucking idiot

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (454x550, 32K)

Open up your Android phone's developer settings. Look for "Simulate color space". Enable the different colorblindness options, and turn on the camera to view the world through the eyes of a colorblind person. You'll see it's a matter or colors and shades blending into each other. A person could spend a lot of time oblivious to such a handicap, assuming that's just how the world usually looks like. How often do you ask people about their opinions regarding colors? I suspect not quite often.

see for correct answer.

>Have a friend who was born with a deficiency that will make him blind
>Eye sight gets worse every year
>By the time he reaches 35 or something, he will literally never be able to see again
>Still tries to play vidya because he truly enjoys it
At least colour blind people have semi-functional eyesight. Every day I'm glad that I'm physically normal.

Attached: Monochromacy.png (822x440, 497K)

>Tfw mind forever broken by watching illusions and tests

Attached: alternate.png (720x432, 46K)

nigga,fug off

Attached: 1475851485208.jpg (840x544, 62K)

1 in 5 women have extra things in their eyes which enable them to see more colors than men.

Doesn't it pretty much overlap with another cone?

I've never really liked FPSs due to colorblindness. The team colors used to always be red and green so I couldn't tell who was who. Plus the brown environments mean I coudn't see other players anyway.

Yeah in some games.
GTA IV had that arcade colour matching game that I could not play.
Witcher 3 I had trouble following the red trails whenever I was going through green grass, had to change the display.

I can't see #2, I guess it's true.

Attached: color test.jpg (443x950, 324K)

I got moderate deuteranopia AMA

>Goy
Um wow, really?

T-this is a joke, right?

Attached: 1507105314708.jpg (640x664, 57K)

Attached: 1539988900338.png (800x519, 53K)

My friends act like i'm blind when I don't see a waypoint that's supposedly there for them, but melding into the other colors for me. Worst part is, most games don't have colorblind options.

>"Why did you shoot your ally user?"
>"Run to the waypoint user."
>"Holy crap how couldn't you see that user?"
>"Jeez user you sure are blind"
Fuck off already.

>cant see 5
>am a faggot
wtf is this

Attached: 1522085745887.png (439x452, 72K)

>cant see 5
>is gay
Well at least I'm not stupid or violent

Attached: 1548106576267.gif (528x555, 816K)

nothing

Yea Forums is smart enough to solve this problem, right?

>Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Attached: file.png (1200x667, 48K)

>be raging homo
>can't see #5

Yup, checks out.

First pick is a 1:3 chance
Second pick is a 1:2 chance
You have better odds by switching
I took a game theory class in college

Picking twice is a 2/3 chance of winning, you doofus.

Good ol' Monty Hall.
I stick with my door

Only one I can see is the first, 12.

There is nothing on 5, fuck off.

Attached: 1409830322569.jpg (316x202, 30K)

When the host reveals one of the goats, it automatically increases my chance of having picked the correct door from 1/3 to 1/2. There's no advantage to switching.

12, 2 or 8, 42, 74 or 71, a deformed orange six?

>can't see 5, must be a meme
>checks
Yep