Final Fantasy

I want to get into the series and plan to start with FF7. What is the best way to play it? It's on so many different platforms. Are any of them bad ports that should be avoided? Or are they all the same?

Attached: ff7.jpg (220x218, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cfHMIg4FPko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FF7 is over-rated start with 9 or 6.

PS4 and PC version are equally the best.

FFVI and IX are overrated stick with VII.

You'll be fine with the ps4 version

Probably portable on Switch when it releases so you don't need to deal with the full brunt of stretched out backgrounds. Unless you're willing to mod your PC version.

7 is a great game
Play it on PS4 or PC

anything is fine, just go and play

Are the load times better on PS2 than PS1?

Even on mobile?

They are basically all the same. Just get whichever version is the easiest to acquire and play.

>What is the best way to play it?

In Japanese if you happen to know Nip. I respect the localization, it was a real uphill battle for them, and it's full of character, but it's pretty bad. Otherwise, don't worry about it too much. As for system, I think the music loop bug is fixed in the Switch and PC versions now (but not on PS4) though I'm not 100% sure of that. There's two scenes with the wrong music playing that probably hasn't been fixed. Other than that, playing whatever recent re-release is fine. You could always emulate the PSX version as well.

Attached: 1359954835214.gif (576x576, 666K)

I agree with this. stick with VII. I'd even tell you to go to VIII before XI and VI

Yes, with fast disc speed. But there are no bad load times in FFVII.
FFVII and FFVIII are still fine to play on PSX. FFIX is not.

Oh, additionally, the magic defense stat is broken on the PSX version. Not much of a problem honestly, but it's fixed in the modern PC and console versions. And the music loop bug just causes music to start from the beginning after every battle instead of starting where it left off when you got into a battle. But like I said, I *think* that one was fixed.

They're great, but I agree that they're overrated by contrarians who always look for the next underdog. I'm surprised people haven't started singing II's praises yet.

You can find FF7+FF8 bundles for steam dirt cheap, cheaper than the individual games on steam or most other sites.

Original version with the AI Gigapixel upscaled textures

Attached: 1537107317982.jpg (2885x2148, 591K)

Literally every version is fine except for the mobile one. From what I hear, the mobile version has a bug that prevents you from being able to walk, so Cloud is permanently running instead of you having to hold down the run button. The problem with this is that there is a certain part of the game that requires you to sneak out of a house by walking instead of running, so you literally cannot progress the game any further as a result of this.

I'm not sure if this has been patched or fixed, but I saw a thread on /vr/ about it not so long ago, so BUYER BEWARE!

I didn't know it was on mobile, so I can't speak to that. PSP one was fine.

start with 6

>the AI Gigapixel upscaled textures

What? I haven't heard about this.

Start with the GBA or PSP port of 1 and then play whatever you want

wait for the remake

Only remake that ever needed to be done.

Attached: 1530843058073.jpg (3840x2135, 769K)

They've had threads about it floating around on /vr/ and occasionally on Yea Forums. Looks like pretty fucking amazing technology. I guess AI has applications beyond MUH ROBOTS LOL.

Well that looks mighty fine.

>wait 10 years for part 1 of a game that plays nothing like a classic final fantasy

haha 96 (69 backwards haha)

>muh grafix
do blurry pixels hurt your eyes, zoomer?

How is the switch port of IX? Didn't want to dedicate a whole new thread to asking.

Attached: 1525690212718.jpg (680x425, 21K)

>implying

Look man, if you don't think this shit is amazing then you can go fuck yourself kthxbai senpai desu.

Original ps1 version on a CRT. The ps4 version uses 240p upscaled backgrounds that look like shit. CRT will display it at native resolution and make it look slightly better. I wish they would remaster FF7 in HD without changing anything. The backgrounds are great

It not bad i just got it last week but if you have a pc probably just emulate if not get it

digital version and play it on the psvita, pretty much the same for all classic psone rpgs they look fantastic. also play legend of dragoon

PC version with HD mods is the best experience. I don't think even SE could do what the HD modding community did.

>youtube.com/watch?v=cfHMIg4FPko

why are seemingly all young fucking idiots obsessed with ruining games that came before their time by changing shit?

when you play a game for the first time, you play the ORIGINAL VERSION. you don't play some fucking mod version

>Says 7 is ov
>Recommends 6
this bait, man

>OLD = GOOD
>NEW = BAD

bro...its just upscaled textures and better looking models. Original ff7 looks like ass and can ruin a great world. Theres nothing wrong with improved models and textures, fuck off grandpa

you cant "upscale" the textures, you are just adding shit that wasn't there. you are taking some person on the internets design decision instead of the people who MADE THE GAME

>better looking models

different models

has nothing to do with old vs new. when you set out to experience a thing you dont change the thing. same reason why people who salt their food before eating it are lower IQ.

>Original ff7 looks like ass
It doesn't. Admit you're 14.

9 is better