Is BF2 okay now?

Is BF2 okay now?

Attached: 1551027159109.jpg (1920x1081, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G98NNzlOjRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus Christ what is wrong with his face?

you underestimate his power

Nothing EA makes is ever okay. Burn them.

he is angery at EA

Previews n shit always fuck up the face

It will look better when we get an actual Ingame screenshot

Literally worse than a game from a decade ago

Attached: 1533605912442.jpg (4842x5032, 3.87M)

I bought BF1 when it was 5 dollars.
I feel like it was about worth it. I'd buy BF2 for 7-10 maybe

Is this the cancelled build of Battlefront 3?

Attached: 1520504733688.jpg (5198x3631, 3.95M)

yeah, it's an okay game now... for 10 bucks

I got burnt out of it a year ago. Heard they added 4 heroes and 1 shitty stage.

Is that all? Have they added costumes like they were supposed to, or any new modes. Star fighter was my fav, but as far as I know Criterion moved onto BF5

Great, only late for about 4 years!

Honestly ye it's worth $20 now

>it took EA almost 2 years to add a character that should’ve been in the game since launch to begin with
It’s gonna take them another 2 years to add jango fett

It will never be good. All the previews of Battlefront 3 show that it still was the superior title and that died so we can have this shit instead.

Yeah, they've added plenty of new content.
Off the top of my head
>1 new land map for TLJ
>1 new land map for Geonosis
>a few maps imported from EAFront 1
>new skins for several heroes
>at least 5 new heroes

I will never give EA a dime of my money.

You say that like we're ever getting Jango.

They've added costumes, but there's still an embarrassing lack of the costumes people actually want - there's still no ANH skins for Luke, Han, and Leia and no ST skins for them either. Most of the skins have been for the new heroes. They've been adding a ton of different Clone skins, and they actually went back and remade the earlier ones when fans said they weren't up to par.

New large scale game mode was supposed to come out this month but got pushed back to next month's update. It's either Conquest or a 2142 Titan-esque mode.

The prequels were bad but at least they made some awesome games. Now the games are shit and the films are even worse.

Any time EA promises "free dlc" for a live service game, it's a trap.

It happened with Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 5 as well. All the new content is either recycled or literally like 2 maps for a year at best.

Attached: punching pepe.png (785x757, 123K)

It alright.

Attached: yeah it alright.png (498x530, 261K)

Sure just don't pay more than 5 or 10 bucks for it. Also
>Luke still only has 2 skins when he has the most potential for them out of the whole hero roster
>Luke has the same amount of skins as Iden Versio
>General fucking Grievous has more skins than Luke and he only ever had 1 design in the movies.
Really makes you think

Attached: Kyle Katarn.jpg (256x256, 12K)

Same game more or less.

>The prequels were bad
Check out this fucking pleb

Attached: 1528935480603.jpg (4000x1738, 3.99M)

TFU, but apparentely some models were reused from the cancelled Battlefront into this game (for alt playermodels) and maybe even other games preDisney takeout.

OTfags BTFO? Also based Katarnposter

those are tfu costumes and a few mods.

>That CW-styled Starkiller
I would never thought that was a thing

>Grievous has more skins
u wot

>most potential for them out of the whole hero roster

Seriously, how many skins could they add ffs?

>ANH farmboy
>Pilot Luke
>ANH celebration jacket
>Bespin outfit
>RotJ outfit without the Tatooine robes
>The Last Jedi robes
>TLJ hermit outfit
>Crait

meanwhile they put a bandage on Chewie and a hood on Yoda and call it a day

Attached: Luke.png (1294x584, 658K)

More like Attack of the Kino

Attached: aotc.jpg (4000x1738, 3.78M)

Yeah this shit is baffling, the skin picks are terrible.
>no ANH Luke
>no Robo Maul
>no Chancellor Sheev
>no Damaged Mask Vader
>no Phase 1 Clone Troopers
At the end of the day, while I've had fun with the gamenot enough to justify the money I spent on it, mind you, I cannot tell anyone in good conscience to pay more than $10 for it.

Attached: 1451532015225.jpg (690x960, 51K)

Do you really expect effort from EA and DICE?

>at least they made some awesome games
that's an entirely separate issue from the movies. They could make good ST games if EA didn't have a stranglehold on the license and they didn't cancel any game they can't exploit for microtransactions forever

>the films are even worse
fuck off. You don't have to like Disney Wars but Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are literally some of the worst blockbuster movies EVER made and they were an embarrassment. Anyone who says otherwise is a nostalgiafag zoomer who pretends to like them because they saw episode II in theaters with dad when they were four

youtube.com/watch?v=G98NNzlOjRE

>No Phase 1 Clone Troopers
there are phase 1 clones on Kamino and Geonosis, aren't there? Unless I'm getting them confused with something else

and I'm pretty sure they added the option to have whatever phase you want on any map, which opened its own can of worms because now players complain it's breaking canon

I don't think they added that option(I really hope they did), and "breaking canon" is a dumb complaint when there are no era limits on hero choices(I hate that there's no restrictions).

>Prequels
>Zoomer
Pick one Redditfag

Well you're right about everything else.

Attached: e09.jpg (1600x1976, 434K)

Just checked - it's coming with the Anakin update on Thursday

Yeah, it's fucking weird. Han and Lando get 2 skins each from the Solo movie but Luke gets jack shit.
Why add a map of Crait but not put in old Luke?

Attached: 1515638090178.png (1359x557, 1.31M)

Second row. Number 3
Thats the best.

>not third row n.3
Ok Asscreed

>plenty

Because they know TLJ is shit amd would rather make content most people want which is Clone Wars

>is a pay to win system with no content okay
You tell me user.

>mfw DICE keep adding content but the gameplay is still the same broken ass mess that it was at launch
wonder when they're gonna fix it

>its a pay to win system

Hown is buying skims pay 2 win user?

For the same reason they made Crait nothing like it was in the movie - it's shit and nobody wants it.

You buy those cards to make your guy better.

no you dont

I forgot it existed. Gonna be honest I'm tempted to buy it now for the memes.

Nope. Buying crates was dropped on release, then the progression system changed to a 'play x class to gain XP, levelling up unlocks skill points you can use to unlock/upgrade cards' one. The only thing you can get for real money now are cosmetic items.

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

I'm not the biggest fan of TLJ, but I like Luke and he had good costume design in it I would like in the game.
TLJ is better than Force Awakens and Attack of the Clones though.
Crait is simultaneously fun and awful. It's a horribly balanced space WWI simulator that is either pure hell or hilarious depending if you're the Resistance or not. Playing sniper whack a mole is great but god forbid you try to go for the objective before Kylo Ren or a flame trooper turns your asshole inside out.

Attached: 1508804257994.gif (500x600, 1.53M)

are the maps still boring linear uneventful trash
is the gameplay still unsatisfying and shallow
are heroes still overpowered and there's literally nothing you can do 1v1 because they cut you down in less than a second
are there still only like 3 actual gamemodes
is there still no map selector
is there still an unproportionate amount of nuWars shit being shoved down your throat when literally everyone who plays SW vidya prefers prequel shit
are there still unbalanced pay to win perks and shit that ruin the overall experience
if the answer is yes to any of the above, it's still soulless EA trash that deserves to be buried in the dirt where it belongs

Attached: 1526105980204.webm (853x480, 2.84M)

It was $6.00 on Xbox a few weeks ago.

Phase 1 Crait is one of the best maps in the game

Everything after is trash though

>>a few maps imported from EAFront 1

I wish they would import all the content from Battlefront 1. The Hoth map was good shit.
Also, it would mean more than two Extraction maps.

Carbon Freezing Chamber would be an absolute kino location for HvV. Shame the mode itself is a fucking mess though.

>every hero is unique instead of just having a force push or saber throw
>this is somehow bad
They have absolutely no obligation to keep updating BF2 and could have just dropped it entirely after the Last Jedi stuff. What the fuck is Yea Forums's problem with them wanting to make it better?

No, and adding more heroes won't change the fucked up gameplay

>maps still boring linear uneventful trash
Yes.
>heroes overpowered
Heroes are laughable. Shotguns, explosives, snipers, and vehicles absolutely obliterate them with ease. Wookies are more cost-effective than the vast majority of them.
>still only like 3 actual gamemodes
Effectively. Nobody plays anything but GA, HvV, and Hero Showdown
>still no map selector
Nope.
>unproportionate amount of nuWars shit
They haven't added any more, but it's still there and it's still shit.
>unbalanced pay to win
Pay to win was taken out before the game even launched.

I wonder how many people EA left on the team. Granted, I don't play any other live service games, so I don't know shit about the content pipeline elsewhere, but I don't know how can the updates take this slow. New heroes, I kinda get with the amount of testing needed to balance the meta (even though it doesn't really matter due to HvV being an unbalanced clusterfuck anyway), but only one major map in a year? And how difficult is it to model some dumb skins?

The Titan mode will launch with 3(?) maps max, all PT era and with the current tempo, we'll be lucky if it gets an OT map by late 2020. The ST has a better chance due to the inevitable Episode IX crosspromotion, but who knows. It feels like this game is a ball on EA's ankle, it's like I can sense the desperation and the wish to drop it, but they can't afford to pull the plug either.

>I wonder how many people EA left on the team.
Somewhere between 12 and 50, according to a reliable (albeit cryptic) leaker.

A lot of faces in game are pretty fucked up too

>The prequels were bad
Based. You're about to have a bunch of asshurt kids that were born in the late 90s and grew up with it screeching at you though.

I feel like the only reason they still support it is because they know theyve destroyed the SW licence and if they want people to ever spend money on it ever again they need to keep this game on life support

Sequels killed Star Wars

A shame kyle's not cannon, also kind of surprised they haven't given vader a damaged skin or maul his TCW look

Attached: desann.png (453x450, 390K)

>are the maps still boring linear uneventful trash
yes, although supposedly there's a new non linear capture point game mode coming out
>is the gameplay still unsatisfying and shallow
yes
>are heroes still overpowered and there's literally nothing you can do 1v1 because they cut you down in less than a second
no
>are there still only like 3 actual gamemodes
yeah
>is there still no map selector
correct
>is there still an unproportionate amount of nuWars shit being shoved down your throat when literally everyone who plays SW vidya prefers prequel shit
no, it's all clone wars shit
>are there still unbalanced pay to win perks and shit that ruin the overall experience
no

>fuck up the sequels so bad because of your feminist diversity quota writers/creative team that the prequels are now looked back at fondly by fans

I'm glad Disney went in the direction they did. It made a lot of fans lose their love for a franchise that has frankly dragged on long enough. If they were risky and creative then there would be people still going crazy about it a decade from now.

I'm disappointed how trash extraction mode became in 2. I like how in the original rounds are much longer, you'd have big open areas to push the cart through, and when you really fucked up the pusher team, the cart would start slowly moving backwards.
But I don't miss being able to pick heroes in it. If someone was playing Bossk or Nein Numb, just fucking quit because it's over.

I got it for free when I bought my ps4. The campaign was okay although I found it equally dumb. Not a Star Wars fan and I never subscribed to the online so never picked up the game afterwards.

And I don't feel like I had my money's worth with this game.

Every time they do anything they need Lucasfilm approval before they can say anything about it. It makes the process of looking forward to upcoming content frustrating.
>They couldn't get a render of Dooku approved before he actually launched
>Community Transmissions are few and far between

I hate the lack of a momentum system. Every checkpoint just resets the timer to 5 minutes.

If you're defending you might as well give up and run back to the next chokepoint if they even get close.

They’re like the foster parents your own parents warn you about

Will the third game have actual Clone Wars content instead of scraps?

Attached: 1547693927939.webm (1280x544, 2.57M)

The Prequel locations unironically look better than they did in the movies.

Bought it a few weeks ago. My only complaints are:
>Story mode has the worst fucking story I have ever seen. What the Empire does that causes her to switch sides makes no sense at all.
>No map/server selector. I hate when I get placed in a server as the only person, only to quit and try again to find there was a server just waiting for another player to start.
>No team balancer. At least balance teams when the round ends and everyone switches sides. If we get our shit pushed in attacking, we know we're going to get our shit pushed in defending.

Also, was wondering, in the Galactic Assault maps where you have to try and destroy an ATAT or whatever, has anyone actually successfully done it? I've been in rounds where we are absolutely fucking the other side, hitting the things with every ion cannon in the map, and we still can't the things down in time. We get close, but never over the line.

No, it's going to focus on the next shitty movie.

Speaking of which, I'm already calling it's going to involve Lando kamakazing Starkiller Base II with the Falcon.

>it's all clone wars shit
>add a map and 2 heroes after 2 years
yeah this game should be called Clone Wars The Game

TLJ was risky and creative and the fanboys sperged out

I can cut my dick off and tape it to my forehead. Sure that's 'risky and creative' but it's still fucking retarded.

>Operation Cinder makes no sense
>Palpatine refusing to let anyone have his Empire makes no sense
wew

>Luke was sad and that hurt my feefees and my Snoke theory was BTFO
>WORST MOVIE EVER I BET THE JEWS DID THIS

Its hard, but not impossible

>in the Galactic Assault maps where you have to try and destroy an ATAT or whatever, has anyone actually successfully done it?
Yeah, I've seen it happen a few times. It's tricky, only really happens if your team is strong enough (or the enemy team isn't pushing up enough) to keep the enemy held back, and has enough heavies using ion weaponry to dole out serious damage to the target. I'd say taking out the AT-AT on Endor as the Empire is the easiest example, as usually there's enough cover to fire the rocket launchers and deal damage from, and they get 2 AT-STs. Then after the AT-AT passes the waterfall and follows the river to the right, the Empire gets a shitload of time to fire rockets at it (and usually it takes a while for the Rebels to even push up near the rocket launcher location).

Attached: AT-rekT.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

>after 2 years

It released in nov 2017 user
Its now feb 2019

Nov 2017-nov 2018 (1yr)
Nov 2018-feb 2019 (3 months)

The fact that they decide to use it on a planet that is loyal to them and also churning out stuff for their military machine makes no sense. Should've done it on some backwater shithole or just have gone straight to Naboo.

>all that soulless cgi
God, it' so strange seeing kids have nostalgia for these movies now. It's just like all those MW2 nostalgia threads that pop up on here from time to time. I'd like to pretend that it's just people baiting, but I know that I've just gotten old.

You can understand Sheev being spiteful enough to order it but why the fuck would the Imperial Military do it?

Can the things be damaged (even slightly) when they have not been ionized? What about against starfighters?

Good soldiers follow orders

No, not outside of Rebel airspeeders being able to use their tow cables on Hoth when the AT-ATs are under 1/3 health.

Nope. They have to be hit by an ion disruptor/rocket launcher objective in order for any kind of damage to be dealt to them, they're completely impervious outside of that.

Not when those orders are insane and from a dead man.

Battlefield 2?

It's great!

Attached: 1478450026666.jpg (1414x2000, 171K)

People born in the late 90s are still gen z, so yes, you're a zoomer. You're the only age group that could actually have a fondness for those abominations, since you obviously saw them when you were around 4-5 in the early 2000s. Most people born in the 80s actually experienced those movies in the theatre, so they know they're trash that didn't live up to the hype.

cybernetic reconstruction will always be the best costume.

Attached: 766785397_preview_mechanical.jpg (1548x892, 124K)

Focusing on the shit nu-trilogy seems like financial suicide. You'd think the kikes at EA could shove all kinds of microtransactions with Clone Wars ers because of the Clone Legions and individual armor paint designs all clones had.

>Bought it a year ago
>played maybe 6 hours total

What kind of zombie do you have to be to enjoy this ?

>Soulless cgi

You got an actual argument m8?

>A shame kyle's not cannon
Who the fuck cares

this

I got it for 6 dollars and it's totally fine

>baiting this hard

Attached: lando.png (450x300, 173K)

The final redpill is realizing that all Star Wars films are trash for babies and one's impressions of them are solely shaped by what they grew up with. The OT has Return of the Jedi and even ANH is just a 70's equivalent of Avengers.

>winning smile

too little too late

General Starkiller was always a cool look and idea.

Same here fren. Dodged all that bullshit