WotC is better than all previous XComs unless you’re a contrarian faggot. Prove me wrong

WotC is better than all previous XComs unless you’re a contrarian faggot. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 934A69A2-4A44-4220-AB86-838DD4F0F064.jpg (726x1000, 162K)

from a casual standpoint where i love the series but suck at the game i really enjoyed WoTC especially what it did with timers. I could see how someone who actually knows more about the mechanics of the game call it shit because im sure it did some stuff shitty

No need to be a memeing asshole OP but my main thing I like better about EW than WotC was the emphasis on soldiers. Commander is just some faggot like anyone else, but the soldiers are the ones who save the world. Especially how it’s randomly chosen whether they have spooning powers or not and one has to sacrifice themselves to save the rest of the squad on the final mission WotC tries to add bonding and other stuff, but commander is the one who saves them all, even though canonically he lost the first war super early and is actually shit.

Attached: 4F38DC96-0636-4A15-95F4-C425CFEE6A6E.jpg (616x353, 31K)

>No LW2 support

There you are wrong, what's my prize?

WOTC is legitimately awesome though I'd say Long War 1 is also equally good for different reasons.

I just can't go back to overwatch creeping, sorry lad.

If they could have just added some of these elements to XCom 2, it would have been godly. That plus Meld. I absolutely hated the Spark units and literally never use them because they’re such boring shit. Seeing my soldiers little head on a giant mech body always made me happy.

>Civ is having the most mediocre Xpacs in series history
>while Xcom2 is getting the best Xpac ever done by Firaxis
how is this possible?

>it’s the game’s fault modders are too lazy to let the tendies sit in the microwave a few extr minutes and support the newest game that fixes all bugs and adds a fuck ton of new features to the game
WotC is the definitive version of XCom 2 user. LW 1 is amazing but LW 2 is shit for his reason.

Attached: C2905E03-A051-452A-9AF6-35B44C029E13.jpg (299x168, 6K)

This. XCOM 2 was a good game all around but I just couldn’t stop thinking “why the hell did they remove mechs and Meld?”

PS: XCOM: Enemy Within is the best mobile device game (I played it on PC first tho)

LW1 > WOTC > EW > EU > 2

Never played LW2 because I heard it's kind of shit

>Playing a meme mod

>mod garbage
here is your (you)

x-com ufo defence is better than any firaxis xcom because of time units and modability

Makes sense, the creator is an entitled cunt. He made Revolution as a fuck you to everyone who asked for the game to be more casual. That’s why there is literally no DLC for it. Joke was on him though because it was incredibly popular. He doubled down on his fuck you though and made Revolution 2 mobile only and when THAT bombed, he made it the reason there would never be another one. I love Civ, but fuck that guy.

I’m not a fan of Long War, but this is a solid ranking system. Question though, did anyone play pic related?

Attached: 5B120EB7-1ECD-4ADF-84F6-21438A10D140.png (220x287, 89K)

WotC isn't even XCOM anymore. It's just some arena spectacle battle thing where your dudes can go super saiyan.
There. Proved you wrong.

They made gollum into a badass alien.

Source?

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable ME clone

Attached: 1427472219879.jpg (338x305, 78K)

Thanks for confirming you have no arguments.

Praise Omnissiah

Attached: daboys.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

Should I play old xcom? I do like the idea of sending troops into the meat grinder, but I like making custom meme troops to guide shitty rookies. The problem is that the game scales so fast, you’re better off waiting for your elite troopers to heal in a week than send a rookie or two in to lose the mission and fail the entire game.

Attached: 13F9928B-875F-44B6-B3B7-9512AD84CEE7.jpg (645x729, 71K)

I prefer fully robotic sparks to cyborg mecs.

Is there a mod for propaganda posters? Some of them have poses I don’t see when I play.

Pic not related.

Attached: 91E5A70A-EAED-4BFB-9C22-49AE15372B79.png (620x930, 375K)

Is the RPG Overhaul mod any good? I want to build my own classes ideally.

Attached: F79D2B94-12D3-4A3B-A1A8-828EF6E76287.gif (369x341, 1.7M)

>custom meme troops
You mean cosmetic stuff? Original XCOM games don't have this. But I would recommend playing at least the first one.

is it difficult to make an xcom-like game? i have a few bad ideas in mind that i'd like to add to the usual turn-based strategy formula, but modding is not something i am proficient at. pic vaguely related

Attached: bullshit cam.gif (776x430, 397K)

My legendary/ironman blind run is finally in the midgame. What techs do I shoot for to not die? Elerium?

I liked most of LW1 but it ended up being too much of a slog in certain things. I ended up having to mod away some shit like interceptors needing weeks to repair and change to non-missile weapons. A lot of changes in the last few updates didn't make much sense to me.
Then LW2 was all slog and no reward, it felt.

*ahem*

FUCK mindshields and FUCK Templars

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Is the game still broken on PS4? It’s currently my only way to play the game.

Why was pic related such a memelord? If the game was created a few years later, he would have absolutely flossed and dabbed at some point. I killed him quickly just because he was so annoying.

Attached: A7DD5BC8-2428-46A9-A1A0-B792CEF8E9E5.jpg (720x405, 45K)

Probably. It still crashes after several hours sometimes on my bone which means I always need to save scum, but it’s still playable.

Yea I like naming them and giving backstories because I’m autistic. All strategy games have nameless meat grinder troops. I like xcom because I get attached to them, then they get laid out by ayys. EW felt like a movie with my characters.

templars are meme class for shitters who never touched legend

Everything you said sounds gay as fuck and is why I will never bother playing nu-xcom
I havent needed anything but openXcom for decades and all this firaxis garbage just dumbed down the franchise to consolebabby levels of simplification. I heard you cant even have more than 1 base or skyranger? What the fuck how do you guys defend this shit? Yea Forums has changed.

But I wanted my genetic and biotic engineering. I love XCOM 2 better than the first new game but soldier progression feels shallow because you don't have those two optional layers on top of the base class progression anymore. Hell, even Psionics is now its own independent class.

You can name your troops in the original XCOM. Maybe it's an OpenXCOM feature but you should be using that regardless. Just click on their name to change it. But there's no pink hats and neon weapon textures.
I recommend watching a playthrough of Yeti on youtube to get a feeling what the older games are like. He's mainly a TFTD guy, but he also has at least one playthrough of the original XCOM.

Ive been playing this since i picked it up on sale (PS4 version) and its been such a huge improvement over every aspect of previous iterations. Ive been getting baked as fuck and naming my crew after characters from Lost. Im such a faggot

Attached: 1550930594716.jpg (738x982, 248K)

Why hasn't Xenonauts taken off? Isn't it a remake basically?

Insider here:
Next XCOM game won't be XCOM 3, it will be a spinoff of X2 to experiment with different gameplay. Biggest change is that maps are smaller, there's no fog of war, and Pods spawn at predictable times rather than wandering. Turns are also individual per unit rather than side vs side.

Anybody here tried the MOCX initiative mod?
It seems to imply you can unlock EW biomods like mimetic skin, but I never had any luck.

Holy fuck the life you must live

This is absolutely correct.
Maybe I should do another campaign...

What's wrong with templars? They seem like they're good at securing kills and damage, and a way better melee class than rangers.
>t. never touched legend

>run across the field
>grapple
>run across the field in the other direction
>end turn

My favorite chosen flavor-wise but he's useless as fuck.

Attached: 1526671778506.jpg (357x423, 34K)