Now that the dust has settled

Can we agree spirits are one of the best additions to single player Smash ever?
They are superior to trophies, there’s so many of them and it’s extremely fun to collect and lvl up them.

I haven’t even touched the online yet.

Attached: 1952B44E-558F-4BCD-81CA-13124E2FECEE.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

“No!”

Based

This

They could be better.

> No Doshin the Giant spirit
Fuck no

Attached: Doshin-the-giant-20071019114302365-640w_480_poster.jpg (480x370, 80K)

I miss the informative flavor text

Trophies are better, but spirits are a neccessity due to space.

The sheer amount of references to characters I never thought I’d see again was great, but it still needs descriptions to be nearly perfect.

my only problem with them is that after collecting almost all of them, it takes hours for the one i need to appear

Way better than trophies but if they're not going to do something subspace tier it's better just to ignore these systems and focus on core gameplay instead.

Me and my friends make spirit loadouts to counter eachother constantly. Pretty much every time we play together we end up turning on spirits at one point. I always go full speed and sword attack up and shulk, while he goes full strength ganon. It's gone to the point where he breaks my shield in one hit, but he has to get really lucky to even hit me.

>They are superior to trophies
No

I miss Spirit Smasher Olimar...
I WANT HIM BACK! I WANNA CHEESE THE SPIRIT BOARD EFFORTLESSLY AGAIN!

Still mad how they fucked up Giftpia, they added a spirit of Mappo, a side character instead of Pokkle, the main character of the game.

Attached: Dw3qExXVAAA-wrU.jpg (600x678, 82K)

This. If they just had some flavor text i'd say they were better in an instant, but as it is now they're just fun to play around with and not much else.

I like the idea but the super limited items in WoL made it tedious.

This, add descriptiond and it's perfect

MEGA YIKESSS OOOOoooooffff.

pokkle confirmed for smash

Doshin Confirmed as DLC character

They aren’t better than trophies but they’re better than events matches

Will emulated Smash Ultimate be the best Smash of all time? Image mods with spirits from any franchise we want?

I really want Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy spirits.

they're just stickers from brawl again and are a waste of time in the long run

This is really such an odd omission. One of the few franchises in a past Smash game not to be included in any form in Ultimate.

Absolutely based

No. I didn't really care for trophies either so no opinion which is better, but the fact that they had to make so many fucking Spirits ended up resulting in like 90% of the matches blending together. Sandman, Boss and Ness' Dad are great concepts, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

Fuck no. Event matches had variety of objectives, with Spirits it's always fighting to knockout, sometimes in a stamina match.

Steveposting is the best thing ever happened to Yea Forums

I don’t remember any specific events that weren’t just knock out matches other than that coin one from melee

>Can we agree spirits are one of the best additions to single player Smash ever?
Sure, I've had a lot of fun with them. World of Light was pretty cool too, even if it could've used a few more bosses and cutscenes and ran a little shorter.
>They are superior to trophies
Lol no. Maybe if they had descriptions they would be comparable, but as of now they're a kind of disappointing replacement. The only redeeming quality is the modes they're used in.

Eh. I’d agree if all of them had a short paragraph of flavor text with them. Otherwise it was a fun enough mechanic for the single player I guess. After I collected them all I never touched spirits again though. Also grinding out all the low power spirits on the spirit board was dumb. There is no reason not to throw on your most powerful spirits and just decimate everything.

it's probably the most I've ever enjoyed the single player, I'm constantly impressed by the different matches and how they actually reflect the spirit they're based around.
shit's fantastic

vastly superior
>m muh descriptions
just go to wikipedia for fucks sake

Here's the ones that are not simply "defeat opponents" either alone or while protecting an NPC.

Melee
>Gather 200 coins in 1 minute and 20 seconds.
>Defeat the opponent. Only Pokémon attacks will hit.
>Survive for 1 minute.
>Protect the egg from breaking for 55 seconds.
>Defeat all opponents in 38 seconds. Only Warp Star will hit.
>Keep Peach from getting KO'd for 1 minute.
>KO both Nanas, not Popo in 1 minute.
>Score more points than the opponents in 2 minutes.
>Reach the goal in 45 seconds. The game is at double speed.

Smash 4
>Flower all opponents using the Lip's Stick.
>Survive for one minute.
>Defeat ten ducks in a row. Giant Falco appears after 30 seconds.
>Defeat the opponents without allowing a single one to land on the stage.
>Put all opponents to sleep at the same time.
>Gather 1,000 coins without getting KO'd.
>Heal all damage in 2 minutes by eating the food. 3 Dededes start and 2 more join in later.
>Bury the opponents at the same time using Pitfalls.
>Defeat the opponent with a level 9 Judge.
>Score 6 hits with Pac-Man's Final Smash: Super Pac-Man in one run.
>KO all opponents using the Daybreak.
>Defeat the opponents before they break all the ground.
>Break all destructible portions of the stage. A second Wario appears after 30 seconds.
>Survive until the stage reaches the Fairy Land portion.
>Collect 500G in a coin battle before the stage reaches the Bazaar.
>Collect 1000G before the opponents.

Brawl
>Destroy the breakable flooring.
>Defeat the opponent. If one of the player's Pokémon gets KO'd, it cannot be used again.
>Reach the flagpole without being KO'd.
>Trap both opponents in eggs simultaneously.
>KO all 3 opponents using the Dragoon.
>Protect 6 Pikmin from the opponents until they bloom (45 seconds).
>Transform into Samus. (You start match as Zero Suit Samus)
>Enter the capsule when the lava hits and keep Fox and Captain Falcon out.
...Out of space. But yeah, there's several.