Discuss

Discuss.

Attached: febrain.jpg (862x1124, 442K)

Your thread is shit

Heroes is the only good one

Attached: yg.png (635x632, 397K)

FE6 is the best GBA FE and one of the best FE games overall

Attached: Lilina.jpg (850x1200, 747K)

Awakening was good. It's only Fates and Three Houses that are truly awful.

Why do you hate FE games? You should at least give your opinions first OP. Unless you want an unavoidable waifu / shitposting thread.

Referring to fates as 1 entity is disingenuous considering how different the gameplay is in the 3 routes

correct

these games are utter shit and basically just a way to keep kids' attention during car rides

Fire Emblem is truly one of a kind for being a series where when you learn more about it the more you hate everything else

Attached: 0E5BD1D7-57C5-43C8-A03A-1E0A69D1F200.jpg (1200x553, 77K)

The existence of three routes without existing on a single easily acquired cartridge is enough to eternally damn Fates to the trashbin.

Fates is a HIDEOUS crime against reasonable video game players.

Let me brake down the 3ds games
>Awakening: Barely a FE game but enjoyable for being broken. Honestly it’s more of jrpg, charming characters usually using a gimmick to explain their personality in a light hearted world
>Birthright: Awakening V2 with good maps and more balanced gameplay, until you get Ryoma one of the strongest units in the series. Also most characters could be out charisma’d by a fucking piece of wood.
>Conquest: Very good gameplay, and no grinding+finite resources (unless paralogues/dlc), more intresting objectives and generally more balanced. Legitmately one of the worst plots in a game I’ve seen though
>Revelations: Gimmicks galore for every map. Garbage unit balance giving you everyone but if you’re a non Royal you’re basically shit out of luck for being used. Plot is very dumb but not Conquest insulting tier dumb.
So basically Conquest>>>Awakening>Birthright>>>Revelations

Echoes probably belongs somewhere between Awakening and Revelation
It's gameplay is arguably somewhere around as bad as Revelation but it has other things it does better than Revelation so i'm not sure where to tier it

Echos is such a fucking anomaly of a game to critique. I respect and get annoyed at half the changes they made or things they kept the same. It’s a very odd title in the series for sure.
Unlike pic related, arguably my least favorite character in fiction

Attached: EF562A80-8255-400F-9E72-C8380D6B63BD.png (175x288, 94K)

>playing fire emblem for the first time after hearing how it's one of the best strategy games ever
>enemies don't charge you unless you're in their immediate attack range, so you can slowly crawl forward at your leisure and pick off enemies one by one
>one particular enemy didn't even react when I shot him through a wall with an archer. He just stood there motionless in the 3 turns it took to finish him off with ranged attacks.
>bosses similarly don't pose a threat, because they remain glued to the gate/throne they're guarding, so you can just have all your characters surround them and take potshots at them.
>flying units have to move around ground-based enemy units. Why can't they fly over them like they do over obstacles?
>archers can only fire from 1 square away. That means they're essentially not really archers, but just a different flavor of melee attack.
>even magic functions exactly the same as physical attacks. I have yet to see any spell that does anything other than deal single-target damage. And for some reason spellbooks weigh as much as a steel spear.
>some things are just mindless busywork, like having to use healers to constantly cure 1 point of damage just to ensure they don't fall behind xp-wise. Oh, and apparently you have to wait 50 billion turns for units to unlock their support conversation. Are these games designed for autists?
>the game consists mostly of dead space, maps are massive but because encounters only happen in close quarters (even archers have a laughably short range), most of your time is just spent mindlessly moving units forward rather than making interesting decisions

Mind you, I am actually finding the game enjoyable to play. It's just that I find it relaxing and pleasant. Which, in a turn-based tactics game, is not exactly a good thing. I should be mentally challenged to come up with new approaches. But that just isn't the case here, with how simple the mechanics are and how downright braindead the A.I. can be.

Attached: YKHYuP7.jpg (1600x900, 136K)

Which game?

It's a pasta, IIRC the original post was about FE7

Are you retarded?

Awakening is the only good game since path of radiance.

There’s 15 games in the series that each handles the gameplay slightly differently user

It's a pasta
Doesn't change the fact that all those points are very much accurate.

Attached: 1530740304294.jpg (1280x1024, 420K)

Fire Emblem: Fates.

Thrice the price for a third of the fun

Attached: 11a3baa9ca92.jpg (326x326, 23K)

Oh no, a person with a taste in a FE thread? Clearly some fuckery is going on.

Attached: 1550894106380.jpg (763x481, 53K)

Is there just one autistic poorfag that pushes this every single thread or what?

>Awakening was good
You can sense the bait from miles away

Attached: 1550275823359.jpg (824x579, 108K)

>poorfag
I could have afforded it. I chose to not waste my money on a blatant and aggressive cash grab. You could make the same moronic "poorfag" argument for a game that costs $2000 at retail and it would STILL be moronic argument.

I got the special edition and I still hate fates for the shitty censored garbage it is. Even conquest blows

>d-do i fit in yet guys? C-can i be cool now?

I don’t like much of Fates or the characters but this is one of my favorite supports ever

I don't really blame Gaiden/Echoes for being the way it is. It's basically just another victim of NES era 2nd game syndrome. Just like Zelda II, Castlevania II, Mario 2, etc. Devs didn't know how sequels should be back then so we got all these off the wall games that deviated from the original formula. Gaiden was no different. So I basically just view it as its own unique thing.

Attached: 1433399518520.jpg (425x550, 49K)

It's still a bad game

>he actually thinks that insult to trpgs is good
embarrassing

Attached: 1550181040401.jpg (225x224, 8K)

Zelda II isn't a bad game just because it isn't like 1 or LttP. I like viewing Gaiden as a cross being FE and Shining Force.

Awakening has to be one of the worst games ever made

Gaiden/echoes is a bad game because it's a poorly designed piece of shit you retard

It was a spit to the face to the Fire Emblem series, but it was a good game per se.

I enjoyed it, the mechanics were cool, and desu it was nice for once to select your team by grinding your favourites instead of reluctantly picking always the same shoe-horned top-tier bland characters that spawn halfway into the game and forsaking the real bros to the void of the bench

>but enjoyable for being broken
My favorite meme

Unironically this

Attached: 49280CD5-200C-4381-A100-FEB75FB98DBE.jpg (500x543, 51K)

>but it was a good game per se.
Hahahahaha Awakeningfags actually believe this!

>>infinite reclassing
>broken pair up
>dogshit maps, only one good map in the game
>major skill imbalance, most are dogshit outside of OP ones like galeforce
>no tactical skill, game is EP focused and all about tanking
>rout and defeat is the only is the only objective
>guts all the original games lore
>children are broken as fuck
>Robin is broken as fuck
>L+ is artificial difficulty until Robin starts snowballing and you get Morgan
>terrible armor design
>bat-shit retarded story with tons of plot holes and random unexplained shit, the game can't decide who the main character is, or what it wants to do, and takes an absurd detour to deal with an unrelated secondary antagonist at the halfway point for no reason
>shit tier characters, even more so then usual for FE
>3D models lack fucking feet

Attached: 1536622979027.jpg (1195x897, 157K)

Just because you don't understand game design doesn't mean it isn't a bad game

Bitch Final Fantasy 5 is one of my favorite games of all time

This is the revisionist tactic used by ironic weeaboos to save face when you call them out on only enjoying the latest games for the waifu simulator factor
>I-it was always shit!

Oh wow it actually is one angry Eric tier autist.

fire emblem threads used to be supercomfy before smash 4 and awakening. i wish the series just died instead of turning into weeabooshit

Awakening is fine blame Smashfags for being insufferable and wanting retarded shit that shows up in one game.

And? Balance is part of being the core of video games which is challenge. Hell Bravely mentions to meet the challenge part and that's even unbalanced.

>can't counter it
At least you know its a bad game

>Awakening is fine

>popularize Gaidenshit beyond belief deeming it to be completely okay
>based it all around support shipping bullshit just like trashy FE4
>forcing the devs to make BR and Rev in Fates instead of focusing on just Conquest
>second worst game in the series
>made FE popular with the worst fanbase of all time

Attached: 1506193158671.jpg (1024x770, 115K)

Sacered stones was the first I play pretty fun game that got me into the series. Sure there are some meh ones like Birthright but its a fun series anyways.

Attached: 1525810994879.png (680x433, 299K)

Attached: 1534101129008.gif (340x340, 137K)

I don’t think anyone could have predicted the immense retardation that is Revelation Maps

That’s why beating the game at its own system is a very satisfactory feeling

Attached: 20FFDE61-9B7B-4511-B3E2-12AAE526698A.jpg (360x192, 12K)

Jesus, I never said you were wrong not to enjoy it lmao

I admit the no feet thing perturbed the fuck out of me too

Attached: 1545466748829.png (997x712, 516K)

FE8 is trash though. What's good about it? The generic story? The bland and boring characters? The braindead poorly designed gameplay?

>still can't counter it
Awakening is shit confirmed

Attached: 1507082958253.png (837x870, 343K)

This is just one constant autist who will stop at nothing to explain why Awakening is the worst game ever made in basically any thread.

Attached: DBD0C7F3-B897-45AD-8583-2AC387CFD9D7.jpg (606x677, 56K)

You can't enjoy bad game unless your standards are that low. Notice how you always end up subjective, since deep down objectively you know it is not good?

It's a disgusting mess of a game. You know it's bad too.

Attached: 1505489615894.jpg (400x300, 58K)

>beating the game at its own system
What system? Awakening is bad as a trpg and bad at being a grinding, "broken game" too. It's literally made for incel manchildren

>still can't counter it
Oh no no no no no no

Attached: 1511025817108.png (512x512, 187K)

>he can’t enjoy bad movies

Attached: A3A04419-AF7F-4B45-A427-3266041C731F.jpg (600x597, 35K)

Attached: 1550031919017.jpg (1512x1581, 133K)

Based gachachad

Why eat shit when you can eat something else?

Is Revalations pretty much Radiant Dawn 2.0?

>still can't counter it

Attached: Catria is very amused.png (240x240, 139K)

Is it hypocritical to like Echoes and hate Awakening or vice versa?

Fates is such a mishmash. Some characters get absolutely brain-dead characterization with some supports, but then they'll get others that are genuinely heart-warming or clever. It's like they had five different writers of varying skill levels writing the supports

No RD is good. PoR is even worse than Revelations

Both are shit so it doesn't matter

>implying any of those things matter to me

Imagine radiant dawn except you have the laguz royals for almost the entire game and there's enough of them to make up the bulk of any maps deployment count.

Imagine instead having 3 armies you get all those units in one party except all of them are terrible besides the best units from each game

Eh kinda, but Echos has really bad maps whereas Awakening just has bland maps

How are Awakenings any better?

>Awakening was good
Not so fast weeb

Attached: cap1.jpg (607x535, 85K)

All yes some of the worst girls in the series are the only good thing about that shit game. Truly, the last line of defense for a dating sim.

Awakening can be cheesed with fliers
Ceclia’s maps are slow painful trudges

nothing, both games have terrible level design

Wonderful post.

Attached: 6f7.png (1280x982, 1.4M)

You again?

I wonder if they originally planned for those trees to be natural walls but said fuck it

Attached: F6CEAB94-A612-44C2-962F-D0AC0A155C02.jpg (572x303, 123K)

It's just a cozy game where I can genetically engineer super soldiers to tickle my min-maxing fancy. The children mechanic is what makes it stand out, don't know of any other game that has anything like that

Conquest was so good but every time I replay it I find myself legitimately shocked by how fucking terrible the story is

>Marketed as 'changing Nohr from the inside'
>You don't do any of that
>Conquer another country for literally no reason other than to get 'proof' your king is evil just because your sibs wouldn't believe you
>Corrin proceeds to whine about choosing the path from the second you pick it
>Bitches in like half his support convos about it
>You are ultimately powerless to stop half of your army from mindlessly slaughtering civilians up to the very end anyway
>Follow the most stupid orders from Garon, even when it's obvious the dude is just a fucking evil fuckwit
>Siblings go along with his orders too and barely ever do anything against it
>Even at the very end your siblings barely trust you and refuse to immediately join your side to prevent Garon from slaughtering you because FATHER CAN'T BE EVILLLLLL
So fucking bad.

Attached: Full_Portrait_Xander.png (1600x1920, 1.3M)

That's why the original poster had to play something good like 6 and not trash like 7. You are still right though on everything. FE is a fucking trash series

Attached: tilXFRh.jpg (384x384, 22K)

Don’t try to be fair about it, user. Fatesfags are mad that their game is still considered the worst in the series and lash out agains everyone.

FE4, but that game ironically suffers from the same problems as Awakening with Wide open maps and OP units and also all gen 1 units die

>"fun" is a buzzword

It's the same level of trash as the other 3DS, it's just that bad even brainlets can find faults

Attached: 35624t.jpg (485x339, 45K)

FE4 and Fates does the same exact thing. it's not cozy unless you really enjoy shoving shit down your mouth

>Micaiah is cute
>Eliwood is cute
>Camilla has big fat tiddies
>Alm has a green color scheme, I love green!
Which CYL3 hero should I pick?

Yeah Echoes is really bad. It's crazy how a remake manages to be just as bad as the original and retain the title.

Attached: 1-C0b.jpg (335x347, 44K)

>tfw back after Awakening came out you spent a month going full autist writing a fanfic for yourself of it, trying to work the paralogues and supports into the plot and make the plot itself less retarded
>Sometimes get the urge to do the same for Fates
Please, someone tell me how to combat my autism.

Attached: Hola oscuridad.jpg (650x355, 35K)

I've only played smash but I know without a doubt that fire emblem is extremely shit.

>Support Xander sounds like he would do anything for his siblings and is one of the best characters in Fates
>Game Xander is a fucking retarded bitch
Kill me
also Nice trips. I think at least with Birthright they establish the idea that Corrin doesn’t want to hurt their family but they just know they can’t go back to Garon. She almost convinced Camilla but Leo pulled her away.

Attached: A8A9BD18-AD13-4D5B-883C-88D82D77E241.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Yes? You can't actually say anything objective about it since from a objective standpoint it's not good

Attached: 1407265763661.jpg (438x467, 30K)

invert the list and it's correct. Stay mad

Attached: 3587d298bd805d016983070bed4feea1.jpg (1448x2048, 221K)

The discrepancy is because game Xander grew up with a Dad that none of the other siblings really got to see, he's the most skeptical because he remembers that. Dad isn't in the supports so there it isn't a factor.

Human nature has a tendency to fix what they like. Sorry bro
I can’t get the idea of a Chrom and Cordelia Support out of my head either. I feel like such a faggot for it

Attached: D11ECBE4-8E57-4E16-83E7-B2B725107CA1.jpg (1300x648, 60K)

But that list is already correct

Attached: 66e089b249db45a0e0a38c46c741c913.jpg (883x576, 291K)

I wish I had spent as much time gitting gud at Advance Wars maps as I did restarting Fire Emblem levels, and I still am on Level 2 on Sacred Stones since pre-ordering after spending 2-3 years to try (and giving up on) beating "Blazing Blade" without losing a party member. Soul-stealing evil

Attached: b24.png (512x512, 184K)

the only good fire emblem is Ogre Battle 64

Attached: 1550471417267.png (1060x1500, 655K)

Doesn’t change the fact he doesn’t hesitate to attack Corrin in chapter 6

Attached: 128B935E-7526-41AC-A322-C5618F760E39.png (680x376, 408K)

three house isn't even out yet though?

The Awakeningfag is braindead, don't bother

Oh you're that faggot that keeps making those threads

Just use Seth

Attached: D631A8DD-D968-4E2C-A6F2-FF5E284851CF.jpg (447x297, 54K)

>Cancerous character designs
>Fucking harry potter focus for the story/character development

Pure garbage. Skipping i harder and with more gusto than I've ever skipped any other game.

In mine Cordelia wound up with Lon'qu, growing closer with him through training to get over his fear of women, and then during the final battle with Gangrel saving him from an OC Mercenary general that fucks him up and cuts off his arm, defying orders to rescue him because she realizes she cares about him more than anything else.
I live with a curse. A retarded curse.

Attached: 1550349838389.jpg (960x540, 77K)

FE4 does it better with even more autistic factors to consider when making your super soldiers. The entire second half of the game is purely based off of your eugenics results

No, but that doesn’t mean I don’t post in them though

You can try not giving a fuck and just let your units die. It's the hidden easy mode of Fire Emblem. Anyone can beat the game with the free lategame prepromotes but keeping all of your fragile archers, mages, myrmidons, bishops and peg knights alive is what really makes the game hard.

>Cancerous character designs
so it's okay when Awakening does it
>Fucking harry potter focus for the story/character development
School isn't new too to the series

you don't have to bait user, you can just ask for more Catria

Attached: 5447f499d667859ce65d1044a7378fcc.png (600x767, 293K)

>Lon’qu and Cordelia
I see you are a man of culture as well

How can such a thing be bait, when it is true?

Attached: 272c219321e501f6dcdb6fc82b5e56fe.jpg (600x816, 61K)

Alright, you've actually convinced me to try out FE4 now

Awakening's designs aren't great but they absolutely SHIT on the designs from Three Houses.
>School isn't new
I don't care. The harry Potter angle is HORRIFICALLY retarded.

FE is dead.

it ain't, son

Attached: 6d0a31516ecb50c27f2a5a6216527a1a.png (1500x949, 1.08M)

Guys help, I flunked my Brigand exam! I don't want to spend the rest of my life as a noble...

If you actually have problems in FE8 you legit have mental issues.

Attached: rUO7nmL.png (1600x1920, 1.08M)

cringe and whalepilled

dunno if you're only in it for child units, but there's no supports. IDK if that's a deal breakers, you get units to marry just by hanging out next to each other on the map.

>Awakening's designs aren't great but they absolutely SHIT on the designs from Three Houses.
OH NO NO NO NO LOOK AT THIS DUDE

>FE is dead
Thanks to awakening, but 3h is bringing it back

Attached: AwakeningGreatKnightPortrait.png (256x256, 48K)

Awakening was way worse than any of the three Fates
Three Houses isn't even out

kys yourself

I agree the Harry Potter stuff is a little weird but at least they're trying something different for once and that's hardly a bad thing.

I don't know, he didn't even mention the based Archanea games

Attached: tumblr_m3xtjl0vCY1qgms1ho1_500.jpg (405x600, 64K)

imagine female brigands raiding your school

Yet another "High School Adventure" so that gormless Japanese retards can get excitied about it isn't "something different". It's "what everybody else in Japan has been doing for more than a decade".

>Full experience on one cartridge
>Inferior to splitting up a game into three pieces
A complete game is always superior to multiple game fragments.

If you think the design of the Three Houses MC is acceptable, then you're easily part of the problem. The MC's design looks ripped from Tokyo Mirage Sessions for fuck sakes.

Who is Eric?

I can’t get over how bad everyone’s armor is when Freddy exists in the same game

Attached: DAC6AD7A-DA4D-4C17-AC37-9AB5983118D4.jpg (1581x1200, 379K)

Supposedly the guy who makes all the anti BotW and general anti Nintendo threads

>If you think the design of the Three Houses MC is acceptable
Looks better than anyone from the trash that was Awakening.

Attached: FETH_Byleth_m.png (2392x2438, 1.92M)

>A complete game is always superior to multiple game fragments.
Fates is still better even when taken individually.

Nah Frederick looks better

>Full experience on one cartridge

Yeah a bad one you dipshit.

Attached: 1549245179957.png (536x702, 723K)

Japanese are so autistic they can't get immersed or invested in a fantasy world unless some elements from Jap daily life are present there, hence why Isekai became so popular.

The support convos are a nice reward for grinding out the supports in-game but the idea of a game where you 100% have to rely on your creations sounds appealing

Not at all. Even Dmitri looks better than this fucking piece of shit

Attached: FEA_Kellam.png (1418x2527, 1.86M)

Arguably only Conquest is because Birthright falls apart once you get Ryoma

I'm still not sure why people accepted Fates.
>Pokémon versions
>in this version you get Vulpix, in the other you get Growlithe
>also maybe a postgame dungeon is different
>Fate versions
>the entire game is different past Ch6, exclusive maps, exclusive units, exclusive story
>to get the True Ending you need to buy Revalations
>don't forget to buy DLC and Amiibo!

Awakening falls apart the moment you get Robin

You forgot your image dipshit

>cherry picking the least liked Awakening character
Good one

Attached: 42095BC0-AF83-4B27-97F2-4B21F73DF051.png (1488x2134, 1.33M)

>The MC's design looks ripped from Tokyo Mirage Sessions for fuck sakes.

I'm getting a strong Persona vibe from the entire game honestly, what with the otome design and the school theme, the separation between daytime "bonding activities" and the actual missions

t. Never played a Persona game

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm so fucking furious and hateful towards Three Houses.

Yet another Japanese game series bites the dust because Japan can't relate to things they haven't personally experienced and since Japan is nothing but School and Soul-crushing wage slavery, everything's about School since School is the peak of their lives before they become corporate drones.

No, he looks FAR worse. His fucking cape has sleeves on it that he doesn't wear or use. His cape is literally designed to look like he's wearing a jacket over his shoulders without using the sleeves like some sort of Banchō.

Echoes has soul and love put into it. Awakening is waifufag bait that not only contradicts previous games lore, it contradicts its own. It’s not hypocritical.

I fucking hate this stupid meme. Kellam is the worth FE character by far.
Don't @ me.

You're not entirely wrong. The game is looking more Persona-y than it has any reasonable right to.

>soul
There he goes, using that word again.

Attached: 1546358679531.jpg (2048x1539, 360K)

Robin can snowball easily but you have to try to let Ryoma die

And Awakening breaks the moment you get Robin. Point?

Cute window-licking bun-bun!

It's depressing how all Jap medieval fantasy series are practically ripoffs of Record of Lodoss War, which is itself a ripoff of LoTR without any of the good worldbuilding and storytelling. Everything they make is so derivative now.

Too bad the soul and love didn't translate into a good game
But at least the voice acting is good, the one and only barometer for a quality Fire Emblem game since 1990

With Robin you at least have to level him up and reclass him to break the game but with Ryoma he’s basically a 1-2 range dodge tank that can take a hit and doesn’t need any effort to become your best unit by far.

user, we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children

Attached: Edelgard.png (480x711, 397K)

Guys I have a confession to make, Virion is my favorite archer. Who should he marry in Awakening? I already did Panne and Cherche.

Waifufaggotry is what keeps a good chunk of Jap games going. Fire Emblem discussion is never about the world/gameplay/etc. but solely about who is best girl vs who are nasty sluts

But can you live with yourself knowing you're relying on a man who tried to kill a loli?

I would be fine if Three Houses was more about Waifus. Waifus are one thing. It's the FUCKING high school setting that's so appallingly off-putting.

I was hoping the game would be something more long the lines of how it was marketed, of maybe staving off an invasion from Hoshido (seeing as Takumi would have started one since he's a fuckhead) while you actively go around the country and attempt to change things.

But nope. Just a lot of fuckery.

Love and passion. Care. Done beyond just getting a paycheck. Happy?

Attached: 12C1924B-C52F-41DD-A740-827DD8783D45.png (555x1116, 715K)

No, because Echoes was shit.

True. Japan is deathly afraid of having adult characters with adult motivations.

You can have waifus without being blatantly pandering and dicksucking to the player.

Attached: 32AADE6A-D01B-488C-BF6C-A88E6F9120F8.jpg (2000x1800, 1.37M)

>game marketed about your choices
>it actually depends on which version of the game you buy

Or at least stop pretending and just let us have our edgy evil route. That would've been fun too.

These are the questions that keep me up at night

>Brainlets: hurr Three Houses is shit because it has a high school setting
>Sigurd, Quan, and Eldigan all mention attending an academy together
>Roy and Lilina were studying at an academy under Cecilia
>Ephraim, Eirika, and Lyon were studying at an academy together
It's not out of place, we're just finally getting a game set at one of these academies they've mentioned since fucking FE4.

Attached: 1550359599176.jpg (828x1280, 109K)

>It's not out of place,
NOBODY CARES.
> we're just finally getting a game set at one of these academies they've mentioned since fucking FE4.
THIS IS A BAD THING BECAUSE HIGH SCHOOL ANIME IS A SHIT TIER SETTING AND IS UNORIGINAL AND PLAYED OUT AS FUCK. AND THIS ISN'T JUST "A MILITARY ACADEMY" THEY FUCKING TURNED IT INTO FUCKING HOG-FUCKING-WARTS AND THEY ALSO SEND THESE "STUDENTS" OUT INTO REAL DANGER TO FIGHT REAL BATTLES.

IT'S NONSENSE. FUCK OFF.

Why the fuck would we want to see the high school days as a game tho?

Attached: get smoked dorothea.png (562x487, 428K)

Me on the bottom

I don't think the Japanese understand how a military academy works. They seem to think it's just a normal high school with mock battles every now and again.

Awakening was fucking shit and objectively worse than both Birthright (which is essentially Awakening but pair up and class balance isn't as fucked) and Conquest (which has far superior map design, actual difficulty, and actual resource management). The only Fates game you can even consider worse than Awakening is Revelations because fuck those gimmick maps are pulling teeth

Fire Emblem is only popular because of weebs jacking off to their insufferably precious waifus. One glance through this thread proves me right. Fuck Fire Emblem and fuck waifufags.

Attached: 1541741121896.jpg (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Yeah they compromised and tried to have the "evil" route not be evil so we don't even get the catharsis of righteously slaughtering Hoshidans by the bunch and rubbing it in their faces

Except it used to be mainstream as shit in Japan without resorting to waifufaggotry.

Attached: E71A5840-B5B0-4C7A-BFA2-1D759A880B2F.jpg (815x504, 52K)

Can't have notJapan portrayed in a negative light. They're so peace-loving and perfect, if only those baka gaijin nohrians would just leave them alone

Why did the series stop being so popular in Japan when the GBA era started?

Waifufaggotry is ingrained into weebshit nowadays, especially shit like gacha and the like. Good look finding a weeb game without it in 2019.

Radiant Dawn > Sacred Stones > 7 >DS > Awakening > Shit > Heroes

It wasn’t specifically GBA, rather with Thracia 776 which due to development issues and clashes with Kaga and the higher ups, the game was sent out to die by being released under the radar and via magazine on the SNES in the year 2000 when the gamecube was just coming out. Kaga left the company and went to make Tear Ring and Berwick Saga. GBA Emblem then had the stigma of being “Fire Emblem for kids” after the SNES games. It got introduced with decent reception in the west with 7, but then Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had the curse of literally no marketing and RD releasing at the same time as Mario Galaxy. And then Shadow Dragon had that on top of barely any budget. New Mystery introduced MU and Protag dick-sucking faggotry that made it sell well despite not being localized, so they continued that trend with Awakening, which made it sell FE4 numbers internationally, then Fates doubled down on this making it sell FE3 numbers.

You know, after so much circular arguments after which FE games are better, good, amazing, and shit, the consensus of the entire series gets twisted and confused.

Fire Emblem isn't the best SRPG series of all time but it certainly isn't the worst, nor are they shit games because no one can get a general consensus on every fucking game in the series.

Is this pattern exclusive to FE or have other series fall victim to this?

As a big FE fag who enjoys FE6 and SD the most, all the games are fine. Even awakening and fates with their waifufaggotry, they still make decent FE.

Sure, it's easy to just write off the whole franchise as shit because there are a lot of different opinions on every entry in the series, but isn't that just lazy? Fuck if I know, if there's one thing I can agree on is that nintendo is pushing this series too fucking hard and should cool down before the bubble bursts for good.

The same goes for Robin. Ryoma comes at mid game and Robin comes at the very beginning. Awakening falls apart when you get Robin.

You can keep trying, won't change Awakening is a bad game

If Awakening is bad, Three Houses and Fates are international war crimes.

This is Yea Forums user everyone here loves to complain and call things shit, doesn't mean that it's true.
Look at the Metal Gear franchise every iteration is a masterpiece on their own right but people still like to talk shit about one aspect of the game they like the least and tear the game down. It's just hyperbole

>His fucking cape has sleeves on it that he doesn't wear or use
So?
>His cape is literally designed to look like he's wearing a jacket over his shoulders without using the sleeves like some sort of Banchō
And? It's fits too. You can't change fact, Awakening has shit armor design

Kanji but worse

>So?
So it looks ridiculous and stupid.
> Awakening has shit armor design
Nowhere near the level of horrible in Three Houses. Not even close. Not even CLOSE to close.

I'm aware but this mentality isn't exclusive to Yea Forums, I've seen this shit everywhere.

Nope, can you counter the objective points yet? Oh you won't because you know Awakening is shit

Attached: 1511248837853.gif (446x251, 721K)

Fates is bad, but better than Awakening. Birthright is a better made Awakening. Conquest is actually really good, just skip the dialogue. Revelations gimmicks are still better than having no map design.

Three Houses isn't out yet, can't say it's better or worse than Awakening yet

>So it looks ridiculous and stupid
Looks good, not unlike Awakening which everything Look a like shit
>Nowhere near the level of horrible in Three Houses. Not even close. Not even CLOSE to close
Awakening is and will always be the worst design characters and armor ever produced in a video game

Attached: AwakeningSniperPortrait.png (256x256, 35K)

Three Houses isn't even out yet you fucking tool.

This triggers the pedophile.

Attached: 1495309105278.png (1226x2196, 1.39M)

Heroes of Might and Magic? It's not my thing.

>Hogwarts
>Retarded character designs
>Highschool
It's confirmed trash.

>Looks good,
You should probably get your eyes checked.

*kicks you*

Just because a handful of armor looks like shit doesn’t translate to the entire game looking bad visually

Attached: B05AF2DE-F893-42D0-9B87-C7CB1A1250A5.png (800x450, 810K)

My eyes are fine, if they werent I would think Awakening looks good

It does, armor designs look like shit, the 3d models and animations are garbage with no weight to them, don't have any fucking feet, all the characters look ugly and have shitty shading that makes them bland and boring. You can deny reality but there's a reason Awakening gets shit on

HEY LOOK AT THIS ONE USE CRYSTAL BOY THIS THING WOULD SURE BE HANDY IN CONVINCING YOUR SIBLINGS AND AVOIDING THIS WHOLE FUCKING WAR

Change of pace

>fantranslation project dead
>dlc and full support translation never
>only option is to learn moon or use treehouse's shitty rewrite
It's been years now and I'm still mad.

>the 3d models and animations are garbage with no weight to them
I will admit that easily.
It’s honestly impressive to see the models change from Awakening to Fates to Echos
Only casuals keep animations on though. It also makes cutscenes look gay though

liking Fire Emblem is a pitfall

Attached: uX63J8bG_400x400.jpg (350x350, 25K)

Heros or Hores is nothing short of a masterpiece

>Hogwarts
It's regular faction school setting
>retarded character design
Better than Awakening and Fates
>Highschool
Now you delusional little bitch shitposter,
>will have more depth then any of the previous games combined with reclassing customization for loads of builds and playstyles
>assign students to specific training. this way that units, including the MC, improves over the course of the game seems so organic and is far more advanced than simple stat distribution during leveling up
>combat arts take away durability for your weapon, for a series first it is a good mechanic than a pointless one
>amount of options each unit has, way more than in previous games with attacking, arts, items, and gambits
>level design variety confirmed
Seethe more

Attached: 1550179607209.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

This triggers me. Why is Tiki wearing garter belts? Why is she praying to Mila? Why is Nowi treated differently despite being as old Tiki in FE3 or perhaps even younger?

Nothing to discuss. This image is correct.

The designs are better than fucking toilet bowl cavaliers. And gameplay is, always has been, and always will be paramount, Three Houses has yet to be judged. Awakening is shit.

>game is about anime cliche characters and eugenics and grinding instead of actual strategy
FE is shit, advance is pretty much superior desu, i liked the music in sacred stones though

>no Kostas fanart yet
:(

>Why is Tiki wearing garter belts
She finally realized being a slut is all she is good for at this age.

Impressive. FE threads have their very own ACFag

Attached: dbed320759e5f7ed82654d4efd9105b3.png (500x426, 65K)

Because Awakening is a piece of shit and a insult to humanity

Three Houses would have to be the best SRPG of all time to counterbalance the egregious flaws we've been shown.

You should stick around and see what he has to say some times.

All it needs to be is better than the shithouse unbalanced mess with no mal design that is Awakening to prove you wrong

based Mekkkkkkkkkkkkkkah

>egregious flaws we've been shown.
Like what? Already better than one of the worst games ever made

I just want Anna.

You may actually learn about game design if you do