You guys got any helpful tips for this game? I'm trying to beat it in preparation for the sequel

You guys got any helpful tips for this game? I'm trying to beat it in preparation for the sequel

Attached: 2a06ed0d431fc40f522dd46d040d59b696deac2f.jpg (616x353, 38K)

git gud shitter lmaooo

Try and bring teams that can quickly clear the 3rd and 4th position of enemies, as they are almost always the most threatening. They deal lots of stress damage and sometimes lots of actual damage too.
I would also suggest making sure a Man-at-Arms be a part of your first group to reach level 5, as he is incredibly useful and almost a requirement for a certain boss fight.
If you bring along an Antiquarian to any dungeon, make sure you loot everything with her as your selected hero. She will nab you antiques, which sell for a lot of money.
Try to avoid the Warrens and the Weald on champion difficulty, as they have an incredibly high difficulty spike compared to the Ruins and Cove.

Attached: 1498621150538.png (1111x1111, 62K)

Don't be overconfident.
>Go to the veteran dungeon to get some gold
>Wear my best trinkets
>Random encounter with Fanatic
>He puts one of the heroes on the fire
>Damage dealers can't reach the fire to attack it
>The fire spits the hero out with 1 hp
>Fanatic has 3 or 4 turns in 1 round so he kills 1 hp hero
>Mash that white flag icon
>Fail 5 times to run away
>Get an achievement "entire party wiped on a boss"
>Alt+f4
>Never play the game again

Remind yourself

Also, in terms of the sequel, do you think there's going to be a 'cold' mechanic where going no torch could apply a frost debuff?

Attached: 1516023776549.jpg (780x497, 93K)

Scouting is so important.
Houndmaster n some of his items allow better scouting chances so make sure you get these.
You can fight/avoid fights, trigger secret rooms, avoid/disarm traps.

It's ok to retreat sometimes, don't get to overconfident andrun into boss fights you can't win. For instance if you're about to fight Swine Prince and your one of your characters has 150 stress and the other is near deaths door even before you get close to the boss then be a man and retreat.

- You will need 16 max level heroes to beat the game. There are about 15 heroes without DLC and 28 slots, so you probably want to focus on having at least one of every hero so you have the most flexibility.
- Following the above point, you do not have some "main party", that means don't just take your first 4 heroes into Veteran level missions as soon as they can, they'll probably just die. Your job is to have a bunch of similarly levelled heroes, level up your hamlet and gradually progress everyone in strength, meaning if you do lose a hero you have 10+ to take their place instantly. You are playing the long con.
- Since you don't have "mains" that means you shouldn't be wasting your early gold on stress relief. Most of your early game is upgrading your Stagecoach to give you four heroes a week, taking them on missions to grab as much loot as possible, then firing them if they're stressed/diseased. This is also your vetting procedure since the heroes that survive through shitty scenarios are going to be the ones that fill your permanent roster.
- Learn how Curios work and how items interact with them. This will increase your heirloom and gold income massively. If you don't know how all the curios work then you are gimping yourself.
- Your heroes will die. Deal with it. There have been lots of updates since the early days so getting replacements just means upgrading your Hamlet enough and you won't have to always grind new heroes from Level 1.
- If you bought the DLC with Districts, save your money for The Bank and your lategame will be extremely easy since if you put enough money in the Bank, your interest will eventually get to the level where it pays off your weekly expedition costs.
- Speed quirks are top tier quirks you should always lock in. Everything else is situational, but generally speaking +Prot, +Dodge, +Accuracy and -Stress are the most valuable things to have as Quirks.
- Overconfidence is not a slow and insidious killer, it kills you fucking fast.

Use wiki when you're going to fight a boss to prepare yourself better.
Don't get attached to your heroes.
Some curios give you good results when you use certain item on them. For example if you find a corpse you can use bandages to always get a loot. If you don't have that certain item then just leave the curio.
There are mods on steam workshop which give you hint or more information about surroundings. They don't give you an advantage, but instead save time so you don't have to use wiki

dont touch curious without a supply item to make them safe

Scouting is very helpful and doubly so in medium/long dungeons because it opens up secret rooms which, with a key, is 10k fucking gold off of one room, this really funds your early economy hard

Actually build party compositions that function together against the correct bosses(the big three being dodge, bleed and mark groups) and add slight deviations for bosses that need them(MAA for prophet for example)

Trinket your heroes appropriately(like giving your matchstick killer higher speed so you know you need to attack him again and wont get fucking blasted by the cannon if you miss a roll minimum on your damage)

actually fucking retreat from missions rather than trying to bruteforce a win with a battered party, not only are you saving heroes and their trinkets but youve spent money on but youre saving the money youve accumulated up to that point which will generally pay for the run

Dont fall for the no torch meme.

The only difficult parts of darkest dungeon are the endgame bosses but primarily the darkest dungeon tiself, you need to build a dedicated party for each of its levels and you wont know what you need until you send a scouting excurison and considering youre forced to lose a champion character on retreat its kind of a dick move

>lose two full-Legend parties to Vvulf
thanks

You need max LCK in real life

how do I know which party is good for each map/boss without looking at guides? isn't it like reading a walkthrough?

mark parties are almost universally good.

But you cant really know what you need for the bosses until youre in the fight itself because thats how it goes

If you are not using stuff like guides, then the only real way other than just guessing based on the types of enemies in the region is to send in a group and see what happens. Unless your playing on Stygian or Bloodmoon then losing a hero or 2 isn't that big of a deal as you can just raise another one.

What exactly is the MaA role?
I get that he's tanky , but I have always felt that bringing a Crusader or Leper instead more effective.

The fanatic is perhaps the most unfair boss encounter in the game. The way he appears means that you will most likely than not be unprepared for him. Marks wont work, and his resists to everything else guarantee that you will be fucked hard if you get unlucky too much with procs. You will also fight as 3 for most of the encounter. Ive yet to find a reliable strategy that works against him. You need luck on your side

Not much to so outside of guides, though stumbling into horrible messes and trying to deal with them is kinda the inte
nded game experience.

The MaA's role is more of a support unit than a damage dealer. He has an AoE that lowers the dodge and speed of the entire enemy group, he has a pretty good stun that fits into shuffle parties well, and he is one of 2 characters with access to riposte. He can also become a brick that takes 0 damage if you just spam guard, which also prevents the targeted hero from getting hit from single target stuff. His damage output is ok, but most other characters will out do him. Command is pretty good as it fixes accuracy and can give a huge damage boost if the character is guarded. He has some amazing camping skills too. Party wide damage or dodge buffs along with some crit are great.
He works best in fights like the Prophet or Vvulf, where guarding someone is almost a necessity as the boss will do an absurd amount of damage otherwise.
He used to be so much better, but then they nerfed Bellow and Bolster, which was a pretty big hit to his strength. Bellow used to deal damage, and Bolster used to give Dodge and Speed for 3 rounds, which if you just spammed it would pretty much make it so you couldn't be hit.

Attached: manatarms.jpg (698x361, 77K)

One of the best strategy is the four leper strategy.
Lepers are very very tanky and have high dps.
But lepers lack one thing, acc. So people often dismiss him as being a trash tier character.
But he has a skill that buffs his acc. They also have a stress heal and health healing skills. They are a self sustaining recking machine.
So this is how 4 leper strat works.
>the back two continuouly buff their acc
>switch out when the health of the first two drops low
user pls try this method. It really works like a charm.

Attached: comfy_frog.png (358x231, 48K)

It's literally just Nocturne and XCOM's baby.

Focus on buffs and debuffs while keeping an eye on the optimal positioning for your guys.

I mean you'll just figure it out by playing. Ignore all the dumbasses saying "omg read about the bosses!!!", you can just grab mooks from the stagecoach and send them into a boss room, you'll quickly work out what they do and what heroes will counter those bosses. If they die who gives a shit, the point of the game is throwing expendable bodies at a problem until you bother to send your real niggas in.

As a general rule, every area has a specific type of enemy, that enemy has a specific weakness and a specific resistance, and there's a specific threat to watch out for.

For example:
The Warrens is full of beast enemies, is full of disease, and the enemies there are weak to bleed. That means Plague Doctor, Graverobber and Houndmaster are good there.
The Cove is full of Eldritch, is full of stress, and the enemies there are weak to blight. That means the Occultist, Jester and Abomination are good there.
The Weald is full of humans so Bounty Hunter is great there, and since he combos well with Mark you can use Occultist who also weakens the Giants, pulls the Virago to the front and does extra damage to Eldritch.
The Ruins is full of spooky bonemen who hit your hard so send Leper, Crusader or Vestal since they combo well, and bleed is useless so Jester and HM are pretty meh.

grab a sticky note.
write on it "overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer" and stick it on your monitor.

His shield bash thing is an excellent stun and helps with positioning. I find it is paticularly effective with the grave robber after her stab that moves her up. He is arguably the best tank with retribution which is a self mark and riposte. Bellow is a mass debuff against the whole enemy team, reducing their speed and dodge. Also his camping skills are the best combat buffs out of all camping skills if I'm not mistaken.

How are you going to switch the Lepers from the back into the front when they only have 1 movement forward and 0 backwards? Also they can only buff their accuracy once since Revenge is only once per battle, and Purge can only be used in the front.

Attached: Throwing the bait.png (986x492, 140K)

>the point of the game is throwing expendable bodies at a problem until you bother to send your real niggas in.
That's how you get infected with the Crimson Curse

Attached: 1549635718682.jpg (811x767, 150K)

>You need luck on your side
luck doesn't exist, only probabilities

>leper

Dont ever bring him, actual hot fucking garbage. hes gotten buffed repeatedly over the course of the games lifespan and hes STILL not good because of his inherent flaw that he cant hit outside row 2 and he cant move himself through the party if he ever gets shuffled, further he exists to only do damage but is outpaced by mark classes against bosses(the only targets that matter) not that many bosses are actually in rows 1 and 2 for him to even hit them

The man at arms is vital two fold, one he can actually force your opponents to attack him via guard which will save lives(and hes going to be prot stacking so that damage will be heavily mitigated) and two he shouts buffs at your team which drastically improves their survivability and accuracy. His camping buffs are aces as well. Row one doesnt exist to damage, thats row 2/4 or 2/3 depending on whether you bought arb/bounty/highway/houndmaster or jester/flag/plague

Attached: Crusader.png (918x340, 612K)

As a side note, antiquarian can actually replace your healer if you bring dodge classes like jester and graverobber as well as a flagellant, she can stack dodge buffs for days and make your dudes virtually almost untouchable and the flagellant exists as a tertiary healer to salvage the hits that DO go through with his hots and his mega heal when he hits low health

Attached: flag.jpg (1393x754, 187K)

The Leper was passable before as a big meaty shield. I always used to run him in DD2 and it did wonders.

Now he's just irredeemable. If you need a Tank you can get The Abomination with in-built heal AND stress, a stun, DoT and the ability to shit damage on demand. Now that he can party with anyone, you can just Abom.

I mean you dont have to switch their pos if you played correctly.
Its a shame that they nerfed the leper so that the acc buff only lasts one round.
Then now you can simply just swap when their health drops low. Pos 2, 3 can be swapped after pos three buffs its acc.
Not using lepers only proves ones lack of intelligence and creative problem solving skills.
He arguably has more utility, dps, and sustainability than all other classes.

Attached: gollywog_pepe.png (657x450, 43K)

Antiquarian cannot replace healer at all. The point of your Healer is to get you out of shit situations quickly, she can't do that.

She's amazing with Highwayman combo, to the point of it negating her entire concept of being a liability. She's passable with MAA and Flagellant, maybe Abomination Otherwise, she's there for loot and no other reason.

Perhaps i should have specified, the FLAGELLANT is actually your main healer in that specific group. healing 12 over time is perfectly fine when 3/4 attacks miss their target(often more)

Can I use him as a pure support whiteout any damage skills besides riposte?

Man at arms is daddy tier and necessary. Also, love your houndmaster and his pooch. Lepers are shit unless you build a party around them in whic casr they are monsters. Gravedigger a cute. Antiquarians only good for jewing, allahu ackbars gor best jeals and easy marks, plague doctors for lewds and decent battlefield control.

It is certainly possible, but I would at least have his stun in addition to his support skills and riposte, as stuns are still one of the best things in the game.
A build I've been using with my shuffle party is:

Guard, Rampart, Bellow, Retribution

Guard for obvious reasons, Rampart for those sweet, sweet stuns and enemy movement, Bellow is very nice to help the rest of your team clean up next turn, as you will almost always be going before every single enemy if it lands the debuff, and Retribution because riposte is honestly fucking broken and you would be a fool to not use it.
You can certainly run a build that is different than this, but this is just what I have had success with personally.

Attached: Hocus Pocus.png (744x498, 316K)

>playing the shitty vanilla classes and not the chad custom ones

Attached: Doomguy.png (721x1013, 1M)

Thoughts about the Omen Seeker?

Attached: omen seeker.jpg (637x358, 56K)

She can seek my o in my menhood

Attached: 87DC0CAFFC01413FA17C44A6E7AD9A03.png (480x580, 359K)

loot > heroes
don't worry about losing heroes, and don't spend a single gold on them until they reach lvl 3 (training or stress healing)
if a hero has shit quirks and gets sick (crimson curse or just regular diseases) then send him to journey elsewhere, for you have need for a sterner stock
also don't bother with the courtyard until you familiarize yourself with the game
the most important strategy in the early game (in my humble opinion) is upgrading the stage coach as much as you can
MOST IMPORTANTLY: don't rely on the RNG. Never-ever expect a crit, virtue, dodge or death's door resistance
btw the effect chance (move, DOT or debuff) is calculated like this: (your base chance)-(enemy resistance).

nah, his basic melee attack can hit pos3, which is pretty awesome (other tanks, like the crusader or leper, can't do that)

Attached: 1544554595874.gif (400x300, 236K)

I WANT TO FUCK THE PLAGUE DOCTOR

Nearing the end of Blood Moon, just wondering. Do I only need to kill the final boss in the Darkest Dungeon to remove the limitations or do I also need to kill the Countess in the Courtyard as well?