Bethesda is the only big publisher that cares singleplayer games nowadays, please stop making fun of them

Bethesda is the only big publisher that cares singleplayer games nowadays, please stop making fun of them.

Attached: 1550577819388.jpg (900x554, 141K)

define "big publisher"

A videogame publisher that is larger than average.

Attached: 1540162550796.jpg (496x530, 39K)

More correct sentence is "Bethesda is the only big publisher which makes shovelware singleplayer games, and then boasts about it, begging to buy that thrash"

What is rockstar lol

A developer that makes mediocre online grinding machines with a singleplayer component tacked on.

What is CDPR?

>last game was a multiplayer game with no npcs

or capcom

fuck bethesda

Attached: Screenshot_15.png (23x47, 492)

couldn't care less, indie fags and aa people make better games. that's been the way of the world for years now. my consumption habits are permentently altered

not even close to true, and bethesda "games" are shovelware anyway. always have been.

Singleplayer is the focus in RDR2

>released GTAV and RDR2 without online for a month
>tacked on
you lost me, OP

Attached: 1530982835446.jpg (297x545, 38K)

Singleplayer is by far the biggest focus of GTAV ,heck GTO wasn't even there on release.
Bethesda games a mediocre dungeon crawler with terrible rpg mechanics tacked on.

god of war, last of us, ass creed, far cry, , cyberpunk, metro, spider man, tomb raider .....

>hurr why no one makes singleplayer games anymore???
are you guys actually retarded?

Attached: pepe.jpg (606x341, 28K)

GTO became mega popular months after it was launched, single player was the primary focus of every game they've made so far.

>Singleplayer is by far the biggest focus of GTAV
Have you even played the game? It's just a shallow singleplayer shit with a button to transition to the multiplayer grind which is the only mode that got any post-release updates.

GTA Online was activated after two weeks. And then single player never got another update again, aside from a few trickle down online cars, which also eventually stopped.

>be Bethesda
>make the same game over and over again for 11 years

Attached: 1378146670402.png (234x238, 85K)

ITT: We laugh at OP instead

Attached: 1550637827672.jpg (1024x903, 64K)

GTA online popularity was a surprise by Rockstar, they initially had single player expansions planned but was canned to further update Online because it was making so much money. That wasn't what they intended from the start, this is common knowledge.

I think you mean "carries".

>only big *Western* publisher

fixed

How does that change the fact that Single player was the focus of the studio during development ?
GTA by now is a tried and tested formula that worked before widespread online was a thing.

>uses the same garbage engine that they simple cannot make work properly despite working with it for 2 decades
>makes a shitty multiplayer game out of their previous dogshit product's vile rotting body
>it's just like that dogshit singleplayer game but now you have to be connected to the server which ensures delay, lag and inability to play if it crashes
>it's pretty much unplayable due to the sheer amount of bugs and its unfinished nature
>sells pathetic low quality assets (including some from Fallout 4) for real money
>has some of the worst writing in the entire gaming industry and that says a lot
>has some of the most tone deaf marketing in the entire gaming industry and that says a lot
>Pete Hines
Bethesda deserves getting laughed out of the industry. Shame it took so long for people to realize how incomptent this company actually is

Attached: F2.jpg (1277x718, 391K)

Doesn't matter shill, they didn't need their whole fucking studio to work on those rinky dink online updates. They were just cars and planes for the first year and a half, they could have assigned interns to that and made a real DLC. Those assholes were lounging around taking vacations and counting money.

Every single one of those is bad, along with Bethesda games

Yes it does matter because you're argument is GTAV was an online game with single player tacked on which is patently false, mongoloid. You aren't going to move the goal posts.

>shill
>for a 5 year old game
holy shit Todd calm down

Attached: 1502508433200.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>GTAV was an online game with single player tacked on
It is, it's the shallowest singleplayer experience in the series.

No it isn't.

>you lived long enough to see Bethesdrones and Biodrones get the shit end of the stick
Worst western fanbases to ever walk this planet

Attached: 1502820206172.png (282x382, 144K)

>it's the shallowest singleplayer experience in the series.
No.
It's a shallow presentation-above-everything-else game sure, but IV was ten times worse

Skyrim was a great game with mods.

Never forget 900 hour guy

>Bethesda is the only big publisher that cares singleplayer games nowadays
Their last game was literally a fallout MMO

OLD GAME BAD
GOOD GAME GOOD

Attached: 1548193243613.png (400x400, 175K)

They might but Zenimax do not
They made a gigantic visually pleasant map for FO76 and blew it on a bad game
Just another publisher burning money on the "Become DayZ" funeral pyre

false. You sound like someone who bought GTA V well after it's release. You can say Rockstar's priorities aren't solely singleplayer anymore but you can't say GTA V was a tacked on element to Online. The opposite is true, Online was very much tacked onto V.

It was just a spin-off experiment that crashed and burned, they will stick to singleplayer.

>GOOD GAME GOOD
well at least you got that right, zoomer-kun

Attached: 1547734186209.jpg (1100x1620, 737K)

Capcom, nigger.

Attached: 1528740186263.png (500x500, 159K)

why would you care about video game publishers?
we're at the point where capcom yes fucking greedy jew capcom are the best we have, everyone currently seems shit compared to capcom, you know its bad when nobody is better than fucking capcom

fuck vidya publishers they all suck hairy ass

I almost think that whole singleplayer campaign was a way for Bethesda to mock us now for wanting singleplayer games.

The entire game's structure is built around pushing you into multiplayer.

don't bother replying seriously. OP is just being a faggot as usual

>REmake2
>DMC5
>MHW
Yeah right, I sure love to pay a crisp 60 dollars for the game I already own but in VR. Or maybe a game I bought 7 years ago on my pocket calculator

Attached: 1528822594205.gif (400x208, 131K)

>The entire game's structure
That's certainly a stretch, but yeah the game definitely does feel like it's trying to shove online in your face here and there.

GTA IV is also crap but for reasons unrelated to the online shit.

Japan and Sony Western division still make plenty of SP games.

Attached: 1452118827167.gif (420x315, 456K)

Have you played any of the contact missions in Online? They use all the places that were completely ignored in the single player. YOU CAN'T EVEN buy insurance for your own fucking vehicles in single player. It takes three times as long to complete all the online content compared to the story mode. Fuck yourself Houser, you lost a long time fan doing this bullshit.

MHW isn't an optimal single player game.
I'd swap it for Mega Man 11.

It doesn't matter if everything they make is shit.

Attached: 1523510135309.jpg (797x621, 50K)

Nah, between this and ESO it's pretty clear Zenimax is frustrated with how long it takes to make an RPG that everyone pays $60 for one time
They'll get a game with microtransactions popular or they'll scale the games way down

He said games not movies.

>Arkane is still with bethesda

Attached: 5674567.jpg (400x394, 29K)

hmmm

Attached: 1550957958534.jpg (1404x6410, 2.81M)

>correct stun values
>elemental/status scales properly
>palico tools and wild palico leveling
Singleplayer is the only thing balanced in the game and going through every main quest solo is the optimal way to experience the game. While monster hunter is a title you want to play with other people, you can do that when you start grinding materials/whatever.

Nier Automata is the best single player game in years.
DQ11 is slightly below that.

Square Enix is making tons of single player weeb games that are amazing.

>Arkane finally made a good spiritual successor of System Shock
>suits at Zenimax forced them to name it PREY to keep the IP from expiring
>has nothing to do with it at all and causes un-needed controversy
>despite getting a god-tier DLC, it didn't break 1 million sales lifetime

Attached: 1530246557884.png (282x299, 52K)

lol are you actually parading knack, the last guardian and the terrible ratchet and clank reboot as if they are good games?

you do understand beth since daggerfall has been trying to implement multiplayer in their games, right? fallout 76 was from an aborted attempt to get fallout 4 to be coop

Bethesda games were NEVER good

Prove me wrong

If shithesda is the only developer that does singleplayer games left, I'd rather not have them at all. Spoilers: that is not the case and you're a fucking retard.

I can't remember parts where the multiplayer was pushed. It's been a while since I played V but from what I remember the multiplayer section was entirely separate from the singleplayer.

they suck man

Calm your autism, no one said that everything on the picture is a masterpiece.
The point here is that there's a clear focus on singleplayer games and the fact that there are a few extremely popular multiplayer ones doesn't mean that it's suddenly not true anymore.

They kept adding content (for free) to online that single player never got. Adding it to singleplayer with mods nets you a ban. The content for the online updates is advertised on the singleplayer loading screens.

All conscious choices to funnel you into online, which had an insanely inflated economy to get you to buy shark cards. I'm a guy who has played 28 days (real time) of online without spending a penny. The game was constantly tweaked to get you into multiplayer, then tweaked to make you want to spend real dosh.

For reference: it costs over 3 million dollars to turn an Issi Classic into a thunderdome version. 3 million dollars my man.

the last game they released didnt have single player though user

>release biggest blunder of the gen and decade
>there are still bethesdrones

lmao

Attached: 51195322_10217734160927937_6864013168197238784_n_1.jpg (720x585, 45K)

I completed the game before Online got released so I probably don't remember it because of that.

Shitty dev that makes bad movies but calls them games. They copy paste the same shitty game on different environments