How did the wii sell so much considering it had no fucking games?

how did the wii sell so much considering it had no fucking games?

Attached: H2x1_NintendoWii_support_no_logo.jpg (2000x1000, 122K)

bump

>Wii Sports
>Mario Kart
>Wii Fit
>Tuwaraito Purincess
>New Super Mario
>Smash Broters Melee Sequel
>No games

It had more games worth playing than the Xbox 360

of those only TP, Mario Kart and Smash could be considered real games

the rest all reek of shovelware and downgraded ports

>Real games

That's your opinion, tic tac toe is as much of a game than D&D, just less complex.

Wii Sports pack in, although the Wii had quite a few games. It's just normies like yourself never bothered to look into its library

i literally spent a week looking for good wii games and couldnt come up with 20 games, and most of those were pretty bad in comparison to ps3/x360 games

It costed $100 and was the cheapest console available.

Lower price = higher demand

>muh waggle

Attached: 774CB6A5-A354-497E-B858-9699DA187EFC.png (872x757, 155K)

Marketing and it was cheap as shit.

The only game it needed came packaged with it

It had Nights Journey into dreams and xenoblade chronicles

>twilight princess
>mario galaxy 1 and 2
>no more heroes 1 and 2
>metroid prime trilogy
>mario kart wii
>mad world
>zac and wiki
>xenoblade chronicles
>pandora's tower
>the last story
>house of the dead overkill
>re umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles
>warioware smooth moves
>sin and punishment 2
>mh tri
>murumasa the demon blade
>boom blox
>dk country returns
>new super mario bros wii (this was before the NSMB series got real old)
>punch out
Probably some more shit as well

These are my favorite posts on Yea Forums because as hard as you try to put literally who games to pad out your list, the only responses you're going to get are greentext implications that none of those are good

>no fucking games
That's a meme. Just because a device doesn't have a new 10/10 game every single month that doesn't mean it has "no games".
The Wii had such a game every few months, and that was okay.

Frankly said, the console with the best games in my memory was the N64, and that had a new 10/10 game on average every 6 months. Just the right speed imho.

all of those are low-budget forgettable games

There's maybe 2-3 who games there. and even those you probably know if you had wii.

It's my favourite emulator, but I don't know if that's why it sold well. It's also cheap as shit and had piles and piles of games that somebody somewhere apparently liked enough to buy it for.

It's a shame, but ironically the Wii has ended up being the pleb filter despite also being the most casual friendly system every released
lol

I spend 240$ to get somewhat better video quality out of this thing

>wtf, (system) has no games!!!!!
>here's some games dude
>th-those don't count
Every time

you know its true bro

none of those games can compete with the competitions games of the time

I remembering it having some decent games.
>xenoblade
>mh3
>galaxy
>virtuual contsol

Assuming customers focused mostly on the product itself and not the library or potential library, you have:
-A controller that looks familiar in several way (NES button layout, TV remote similarities), but also came with interesting additions like the IR pointer and motion controls.
A compact white and blue color scheme.
A really nice home menu with relaxing rippling sounds.

HD wouldn't become a factor for most consumers for another few years, and by then New Super Mario brothers, and Mario Kart with steering wheel controls and online play was released. So the Wii was still a must buy for those titles alone for many households.
After all, You have parents who grew up playing Mario 3, shopping for their kids at christmas and seeing a 2D mario game where 4 people play simultaneously, and the control scheme is the classic NES D-pad and two buttons instead of the dual stick shoulder buttons where he has no idea where anything is.

Shit like Mario and Smash can go toe to toe with any other games at any time

I feel like Wii Sports was the driving factor behind the Wii's success. My family never cared as much about games as when this came out, other than the Kinect which was quickly forgotten.

Attached: you're now hearing it.jpg (1600x900, 82K)

I spent more time on it playing NES games on emulators than actual Wii games.

>calls warioware, dk, and NSMB literal who games

>Wii Sports
Figured it out.

Wii Sports is unironically the best game to come out in the past 15 years.

most influential != best

That's also probably Minecraft.

it had punch out

Attached: 1550585072466.png (737x667, 43K)

>no games
Wii was the last great Nintendo console. If you think it had no great games you need to pull your head out of your ass.
On top of that, it had a killer feature that no one else could match. Nintendo's motion control games shit on Sony's and the Kinect while cool was too ahead of it's time and had some pretty bad games.

In short, good games, good features, one machine