reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/7hxzro/some_pokemon_roms/
youtube.com/watch?v=AbDjY64EWwY
youtube.com/watch?v=4dFn2r-iq_4
twitter.com/jamesturner_42/status/976289734115799040
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>soul
wrong pic OP

Attached: 1380513389115.jpg (300x226, 15K)

>no Pokemon game will ever top Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Attached: 1535308282933.jpg (2193x2617, 406K)

>Pokemon emerald (gameplay)
>Platinum (pretty much everything)
>Black/White/Black2/White2 (literally everything)

>game with 3+ different versions on release, 70+ sequels to come
definition of soulless

Emerald, HGSS and BW2 exist

Hahahanahanahahanahababababananana!
>platinum
>pretty much everything
Ahahahahahahana

KANTOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1514742846743.png (644x800, 15K)

>Black/White/Black2/White2 (literally everything)
God those games are overrated as hell, the pwt is a glorified battle tower the story in both is dumb as fuck and they are easier than SM

>BW1/2 being even remotely better than the shit in my ass
Hahahanahahanabababababab!!

Platinum is a complete game

GSC were just expansion packs to RBY

lol no

BW2 have an absolutely atrocious art style, and an uninspired world, not to mention the absolutely awful nuPokemon
. GenV fags are pathetic really

youtu.be/vKKF9lvw5_U

Attached: 1528310321843.png (1200x1168, 276K)

>atrocious art style, and an uninspired world, not to mention the absolutely awful nuPokemon
to you

>old good, new bad
Mind you, Pokemon is shit, so...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH! keep going. This is rich. Lmao

Gen 3 battles are so fucking slow and don't even get me started on rain or sandstorms holy shit

Based and abilitypilled.
Johto is trash and only marginally better than the literal flaming garbage that is Gen One.
HGSS is overhyped trash too.

Attached: 1460149387668.png (406x308, 103K)

>Language in which implies it isn't perfect
I disagree, you only see a large subset of people around Yea Forums(nel) , everyone else is nostalgia hungry and prefer older gens over the new ones with the exception of gen 6/7, both are respectively shit in story and gameplay
Don't deny me that gen 5 wasn't good, because that's when they really gave it their all, and fleshed out characters, more so on BW rather than BW2, because BW2's story is still good, but not as good as BW.

I love how here in Spain, as we didn't have an equivalent for nerd, it was translated as "super fool" instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=M5Mae4i6t-0
>Slots
>Weird cardflip roulette game
What do you lads prefer?

>pokemon crystal is literally open source software
>still absolutely no quality romhacks exist
just end me bros

The third game of each series--the Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, etc.--which of those is typically the shortest? By shortest, I mean from game start to beating the Elite 4.

Crystal Clear you nigger

Every pokemon game is the same you absolute children.

Question: I wouldn't mind jumping back into a pokemon game again through emulation, but which one is the most wholesome experience?

Attached: 1483420255954.jpg (574x628, 34K)

crystal because the elite four is halfway the game

Crystal unironically holds up really well, Gen 2 had a lot of nice quality of life improvements over Gen 1 to make it feel way more polished
All the GBA games are fine so play FireRed/LeafGreen if you want to play through Kanto and then Emerald if you want the most polished/most content Gen 3 game

Platinum, Emerald, BW/2 or HGSS. The rest of the series is shit.

>closed source
>stealing content from other hacks
>deviant art OCs
>made by actual discord trannies
miss me with that gay shit

DS games work well on the phone so Soul Silver is probably the way to go.

BW2, HGSS, Platinum, Emerald

How long has the disassembly been in a completed state? Developing an RPG takes time, especially when it's just 1-2 people working on it.

You call SMs story shit but Bws story good, wtf, team plasma and n don't even make sense at all

Voltorb Flip was superior to both

Play R/B then Crystal then Crystal Clear romhack for the genuine fun and close it up with Emerald
Everything after gen3 is garbage

I'd say Gen 1 or 2. Both are super non-linear and so their levelling gets fucked half-way through the game(at least in Gen 2's case); makes the game a lot easier.

Easily Sacred Gold and Storm Silver. Drayano does the best rom hacks ever

Did you git dat sucka?
Mad fly

shit, what a loophole. you got me there

Anything on the DS except for the original Diamond and Peral.

The hell?

If you're emulating, don't listen to all these fags telling you to play DS games. They all run like ass, just stick with gens 1-3.

>DS games run like ass on emulators.
Don't listen to this faggots. Gens 1-2 are complete shit, and if you want to play that region, do so with the remakes.

alright ill just go back to playing my heart gold rom at about 20 fps and glitched shit graphics

youtube.com/watch?v=vXKpIBgAXWU

for me to like pokemon a second time it would need a complete gameplay redesign, and it has to go for better and not for worse like the trash they have been putting out lately.

they have put out the same game for like 20 years, with minor tweaks, that pale in comparison to how both gameplay and graphic advanced in any other genre.

the 4 moves or swap gameplay is boring.keeping it Turn based is allright, but why can't i position my pokemon on a battlefield and move around, aim the attacks?just plainly alternating turns when a single move can KO feels bland.perfect for the 90's technical limitations but we can allow for much more now.having a diverse team and swapping pokemon around is a strategy, but doesn't truly feel rewarding.You can't become a gym master and there is advantage in doing themed teams.

the stat system is quite basic and many pokemons feel the same statwise. the hidden stats EV bullshit is just plain bullshit.It should be made easier to access and work with rather than being something you learn about 10 years after playing the game.

As a kid i've always felt pokemon world and lore and story was pure shit and that hasn't changed.They rehashed the same lame story over and over again in a world that feels about as adventureos as the kindergarden's backyard and where every NPC just gives you basic game tips.It doesn't help that the game is easy as shit, could use an hard mode that limits how many levels you can grind.

The DS games (at least gen 4) ran like ass on original hardware too.

Do you have a shit laptop or something? I can run all the Pokemon DS games on an android 4.0 at full speed.

Back then Pokemon had soul. Proof that less is more

MORE SOUL

Attached: soulsilver.png (256x192, 21K)

Pokemon never had soul and inspired a generation of furfags that almost destroyed America

As you are obviously older than 10, none.
Like all JRPGs have Great audiovisuals, but garbage gameplay, and Pokemon's is even worse because it's for very little kids, and the same for the stories.
Still if you've never played one, just go for Fire Red (I assume Drayano made a hack for it too, but I played it in GBA so I'm not sure), as it's perfect as a first game because of its great tutorial you can access during battle (specially useful to learn the types system), and the first gen is the most influential, so you'll get most of references to the series playing it.
The objectivelly best was the second gen, but only because of the Game Boy and Color limitations that justified the first two gens to be beyond simplistic. After that the series is completelly indenfensible for anyone with an iota of criteria and standards, as it didn't evolve at all, just like JRPGs in general.

It looks the same but worse

This was the last Pokémon game with soul, and you know it, Yea Forums

Attached: FBEA96AF-6A41-4BEF-9061-FE8F32E556C0.png (256x192, 20K)

It literally added soul user

My favorite games are Crystal and Black1. Both had "soul" to me and still bring back nice memories. Something went wrong after gen 6, but I still have a tiny bit of hope for gen 8.

Attached: 1521831963158.gif (500x375, 116K)

Remember when a bunch of characters talk about the most impressive bridge in the region, and when you get there, it's literally a bunch of rectangles?

>SOUL
No?
Kanto was gutted for everything it was worth,
They even removed the fucking museum.

The only one with it as well.
Only one of the pair of games had soul and it was the silver one.

nigga im playing Platinum right now. already tossed 20 hours into it and it runs fine

Attached: yo.jpg (898x811, 135K)

It always felt to me like Pokémon games liked using NPC dialogue to try and make things in the game seem more impressive than they actually are.

lel i see what you did there

But those BW 'mon designs are pretty ass. Just look at Simisear and Vanilluxe ffs

>game series that plays itself
>soul

Attached: CD548D1C-8625-415A-BFB7-51743DCA2B63.jpg (400x600, 20K)

Cleverpilled

Based

>runs fine
Then why is half your screen black retard?

Calling someone a fool is a common phrase in 70s blaxploitation films.

>Game series that plays itself
So I've been sitting at my house in pallet town for like half an hour now, why the fuck is the game not advancing? Where's the play itself button?

youtube.com/watch?v=3CF_evfTsDY

lol

Attached: 1547659082279.jpg (618x679, 85K)

>But those RG 'mon designs are pretty ass. Just look at Mr. Mime and Electrode ffs

For gen 3, Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green are both pretty good.
Gen 4, Platinum and Heartgold/Soulsilver. DP isn't worth wasting time on, since they're just objectively inferior versions of Platinum.
Gen 5, BW2. BW1 before that if you care about the story & lore for some reason.

Why did Nintendo/Game Freak release only Gold & Silver on the Virtual Console for 3DS? Why not Crystal? I really want to re-play Gen 2, and would like to play Crystal as I never played it. I own HeartGold and loved it, but I think I want to play the originals.

Isn't it amazing that after literally a decade and a half of not listening to this song, I still remember how it goes? Amazing. Fuck I love Pokemon and vgm.

Attached: redbeatsblue.jpg (530x693, 132K)

I haven't touched black and white 2 in almost a year, is there anything else to do besides the championships? Collecting medals was boring af btw.

Attached: b&w2.png (1108x475, 69K)

user, I...

This user is based and fucks thicc girls. Gen 2 is for nostalgia fags.

but they did, user. i've had it on my 3d since it released in january last year.

Not an argument.

How tf did you get to end game in 20 hours? I'm the fag playing Platinum up above and I have 20 hours logged and I'm about to battle the 4th Gym Leader. Then again, half of this time was the game running, so... ha. Also, had no idea I could do a horizontal setup. That's neat AF, thank you. AND.... fuck. I own BW2 and I NEVER did the Championship shit. I know I would have loved it too because I love end game badge collecting/BP collecting stuff like the Battle Frontier in Emerald. I sent all of my Pokemon to the newer games as soon as they came out. Rippppp

Attached: ay.jpg (1156x385, 79K)

How delusional do you have to be to think Gen 2 is on par with Platinum or BW2?

>dodging the question about his screen being fucked up earlier

oh SHIT I had no idea. Kinda tempted to buy it now. Yeah, I know I can emulate it (afterall I'm emu'ing Pt right now), but I want to transfer my Pokemon to Pokemon Bank eventually. I never played a Sinnoh game, hence why I'm playing Platinum, and part of me is a little sad that I can't transfer these Pokemon into their retail versions. ;_;

Attached: 1254556994401.jpg (1000x640, 93K)

cant wait for my DS lite to arrive so i can finally play these games with the correct fucking colors

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-01-04 at 21.26.38.jpg (1032x581, 62K)

B&W2 was very easy desu. It took me even less time, I think about 17h to beat it, but I used a guide and a very good squad of pokemons. So yeah, I did pretty much the main story. About the horizontal screen, it took me some time to realize about it as well lol.

you could just copy the pokemon's files over into PKHex and inject them into a cartridge game, then transfer them over to bank. that's what i did with nearly all of my old emulator teams and now i have them in ultra sun. not saying you shouldn't buy crystal, though. it's better to play on actual hardware imo, even if it isnt the original system.

>you could just copy the pokemon's files over into PKHex and inject them into a cartridge game, then transfer them over to bank

not the same...
But nah, yeah, that's prolly the best thing to do. I have injected pokemon before via the QR code scanning. Really quickly if you are still here: so I take my .sav file, load it into PKHex and then... how do I inject it to my Sun game? do i generate a QR code for it?

>Where's the play itself button?
It's the any key

>Why not Crystal? I really want to re-play Gen 2, and would like to play Crystal as I never played it.

They are too lazy to revisit the botched Phone System and the battle tower

zoomer spotted

But they did release Crystal on the Virtual Console.

>BW2 have an absolutely atrocious art style
What is the best artstyle of the series then?

What is your favorite Pokémon, Yea Forums?

Attached: junwithsnorlax.jpg (800x640, 268K)

>Hahahanahanahahanahababababananana!
>Ahahahahahahana
>Hahahanahahanabababababab!!
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!

Attached: McSigh.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

you load your save into PKHex, and you load the Pokemon files one by one and place them in the PC box. that's how i always did it, im not sure how you do the QR code way.

>load the Pokemon files one by one and place them in the PC box

What PC box is this? How do I then connect this to my Sun game? Sorry for being retarded. Haven't done much research also but I figured while you were here I'd ask. Ty

LUGIA
U
G
I
A

Attached: lugiawhirl.jpg (600x600, 312K)

does this help? doesnt matter which game or pokemon btw, it works the same regardless.

Attached: pkhex.gif (616x392, 916K)

pokemon never had soul

Oh, so I know how to load up my .sav and the Pokemon into PKHex, I just don't know how to then send them over to a cartridge (SM or ORAS for example). Thanks man. Sorry if wasting your time. You don't have to reply anymore if you don't want I'll figure it out surely. Thanks user.

whats the absolute best GBA rom hack? preferably something with a new original region (not necessarily with fakemon though)

oh, my bad, i misinterpreted. you said you've dumped your Sun save game, right? what did you use?

No I haven't done anything to my Sun save. If you're talking about when I said I injected, I completely forgot how I did that. I just remember there were QR codes for me to scan. I don't believe I scanned them into Sun, I think it was to ORAS or something. My thing now is that I am playing Platinum right now on an emulator and want to send my mon over to Sun like you recommended, but I just don't know how to send these Pokemon over to a cartridge game.

Attached: 214-00.png (256x256, 38K)

Arcanine

Attached: arcanine vet.jpg (1280x1213, 402K)

oh, well sorry to disappoint you, but you'll have to buy an r4i Save Dongle and dump your save using that. if you're willing to wait to weeks for it to come in though, it'll only set you back about 15 bucks.

What a shitty opinion

This

ahhhh gotcha

>Soul
That would be Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Seething johtocuck

How's Lolimon doing?

Attached: devilish.jpg (640x798, 55K)

The only pokemon games that matter.

Attached: 20190219_195120.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

based
>leaf green
but not redpilled

THe fuck is HGSS doin there then?

>the fuck is best remake in the franchise history doing there
Are you retarded?

playing at night under the bed sheets with shitty third party game boy lamp was max comfy

dont get discouraged, user. it's still pretty easy to do.

Attached: chaika dud.gif (192x144, 3.25M)

>FUCK THE NEW GAMES ARE TOO FUCKING EASY
>beats a level 28 rocket zubat right before the final gym in soul silver
>"This is perfection!"

Attached: 200px-Emerald_Dusclops.png (200x184, 51K)

Pokémon's soul never died. It just went over to the spinoffs.

Attached: 1479347853466.jpg (1000x1404, 293K)

>best remake
>doesn’t fix the core issues of its predecessor
>post game Kanto is still dead as fuck
>NO VS SEEKER
FRLG was the best remake.

HGSS were the last good Pokemon games.

>HGSS were the last good Pokemon games.
>came before BW2, the ACTUAL last good Pokemon games
Cute.

based and eviolite pilled

>BW2, the ACTUAL last good Pokemon games

Attached: 1543457772949.jpg (228x257, 24K)

>FRLG best remake
>Garbage soundfont that ruins the ost
>Shit gen 3 mechanics
>Ugly rpg maker graphics
>Huh? GOLBAT stopped evolving!

Attached: 1509330964555.png (211x244, 72K)

Best gens;
OG 2 > OG 3 > everything else is shit why bother mentioning it

>has only LeafGreen
What are you, a DUDEWEEDLMAO?

ahem, HGSS

Seething scalie is mad no one likes his gay lizard boyfriend lol.

Nice selfie .

All that and it was still better than HGSS.

X&Y was the last game that felt like real Pokémon. With good designs, meaningful additions to the formula and a decent storyline that I believe was basically Hiroshima/Nagasaki but for kids.

I can't remember a goddamn thing B/W added except weather wars.

Attached: d7m9i8z-5f6c26e6-5690-458a-8a11-ff4ef5dced48.png (576x384, 53K)

No need to play those when subsequent Pokemon games have done everything they do better.

based
super bassed

Never played any of these user. Are they good? I used to see them in store shelves and never think anything of them.

Attached: bluebadge.png (704x528, 151K)

What do people see in that railroading mess which retconned Unova's uniqueness in order to pander to Lucario fags?

Shit game compared to platinum and bw2.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, CHARIZARD IS A GREAT STARTER AND HE CAN LEARN GREAT STATUS MOVES LIKE SUNNY DAY! >:(

Attached: 250px-006Charizard.png (250x250, 54K)

How to spot a gen z

>X&Y
>good designs

Attached: 1544194406015.jpg (858x858, 142K)

>X&Y was the last game that felt like real Pokémon

Attached: 1543735685059.png (700x488, 277K)

BW actually had a gigantic story. I still couldn't follow it, though. Had to read up on it after I beat the games. XY were very enjoyable, but unfortunately, forgettable once Sun & Moon came out. The 3D and being able to customize your character piece was so awesome. I honestly might replay it since I sent all of my Pokemon from it to Sun & Moon. I don't even remember who the main bad guys were, I just remember that fat friend we had.

Attached: Magcargo_evo_by_GoldenKirbichu.jpg (450x450, 61K)

It was better than HGSS by having better Pokemon distribution, leveling, towns, music, and content.

All HGSS has is nostalgia cucks thinking it holds up.

>Gen 3 battles are so fucking slow
But Gen 2's are slower...

>the pwt is a glorified battle tower
You mean Battle Dome. And that's also a good thing.

And the Alolan form too.

Attached: tumblr_msevkl1bAu1s29bhho3_500.gif (500x500, 146K)

You're not supposed to have standards when looking over gen 2 games. Notice how it's okay to be 30 levels above everything in Johto but it's too easy for literally every other game.

>Gen 3 battles are so fucking slow
? They literally arent. They have some of the fastest pacing of any of the games. Gen 4 is the one that's notably slow.

>hating XY
SUMO isnt better cus you jackoff to lolis.

Attached: 1547258811108.png (412x519, 247K)

Best mon right here

Who the fuck are you quoting, tranny retard?

In exchange for having no freedom, a convoluted mess of a story that doesn't add up, unlikeable annoying characters, retconned lore, trainers with less Pokemon, worse music, took Johto's post game, condensed it into a building and watched as people clapped the moment they fought a Red gimped down to level 50 and a worse metagame but hey I get to have Lucario early.

SM aren't even worth acknowledging, rent free.

>HGSS
>Freedom
>still have to do things in order and get railroaded into box legendary

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

X and Y only gets a pass for introducing my favorite typing in the 20+ years I played these damn games. Outside that and a handful of Pokemon it's a shit experience. Hell all of Gen 6 was a shit show, especially the Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Attached: 684Swirlix.png (1280x1280, 808K)

Platinum best over-all game, BW2 best end-game, Emerald best Battle Frontier (worth mentioning just for that)

Best music
youtu.be/iWbUtdx827g

Attached: 1550926142845.jpg (820x1050, 1.36M)

>In exchange for having no freedom
Like johto
>a convoluted mess of a story that doesn't add up,

Better than johto's story of...."uhhh....let's just add team rocket again!"
>unlikeable annoying characters

Better than Johto's

>, trainers with less Pokemon

"Man this trainer with two rattata's 20 levels below me is so engaging to fight!"

> took Johto's post game

>Johto's postgame

Yeah an objectively worse version of kanto with level 30 trainers everywhere is my definition of a good postgame.

>and watched as people clapped the moment they fought a Red gimped down to level 50

You're one of those people who think difficulty = level don't you?

Not them, but I'd say they're worth it. Sky's objectively the best one, though.

Attached: 1504408879624.jpg (700x700, 64K)

>In exchange for having no freedom, a convoluted mess of a story that doesn't add up, unlikeable annoying characters, retconned lore, trainers with less Pokemon, worse music
This is exactly HGSS down the story, railroading and shit characters. Red doesn’t bother me much considering everything else in the game makes up for it. Also the Lucario is optional, thee if you wanted or not.

>a convoluted mess of a story that doesn't add up
>unlikeable annoying characters
That's every Pokemon game, so not sure why you're deducting points for it when it comes to Gen 5.

>my favorite typing
if only fairies had resisted dragon-type instead of being immune, I wouldn't mind fairy-type so much. Dragon-type is fucking shit offensively now.

>gen 2 is goo-

I sure enjoy beating the E4 just to find out I can now explore a tiny region full of trainers whose pokémon don't even reach the level of the weakest pokémon of the first E4 member

Attached: johto vs unova 4.png (2140x950, 150K)

Attached: soyboyKANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.webm (600x336, 1.46M)

absolutely based choice

Portazoooooooooooo

Seriously what were they thinking here? I'm not saying the trainers should be stronger than the E4 but that still would be preferable to fighting trainers 40 levels below you.

that you "start over again" with a new Pokémon. Iwata added Kanto pretty close to the end of development phase IIRC, so they didn't spend much time working on it.

they wanted it to be "realistic"
if all the kanto region trainers were stronger than the E4 it would be weird

it's also the reason why most wild pokemon are level 10-20 and you still find level 2 pokemon in route 1

gamefreak wanted the world to make sense, but they forgot to make it fun

Just popping in to say Johto haters are zoomer morons who can't accept the fact that this is what peak Pokemon performance looks like.

I think to remember it was "Maniatico" for some reason

I'll be over here playing the world's smallest violin. In all seriousness it's pretty stupid that Game Freak's only solution to the 15 years of power creep they created was to introduce a typing that not only canceled it out by created a new power creep as a result. Still I'll never complain about it because I enjoy fairy Pokemon and their designs, along with the previous Pokemon that originally weren't.

Attached: 1200px-303Mawile.png (1200x1200, 691K)

>OP got btfo so hard by Hoennchads he had to make another thread
lmao

I dislike the XL's colors too

This is all because pokemon is a competitive battler with a single player mode tacked on. All the gameplay mechanics (4 move, typings, evs. natures etc.) are built with the meta in mind. The AI is too shit for single player pokemon to be good

No all Pokémon games are soulless

I want a Mawile with huge tits.

>Hoennchads

Attached: cringe.jpg (500x338, 22K)

Just fucking play pokemon crystal clear already

Attached: 5CH on the current STATE of Pokemon full vers.jpg (1662x2083, 2.27M)

The only arguments people can make for Johto is that same picture of the town at night and going to an objectively worse version of the previous games areas.

why does the aspect ratio look absolutely fucked? it wasn't like this in actual game, was it?

The whole problem with dragon-type is that it was spammable as fuck, but with fairies abound, there's hardly any reason to use dragon-moves at all.

Just check omgon. The suggested sets of Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Rayy Lmao, Mega Salamence and Dragonite don't even use dragon attacks. It's fucking stupid, and they better change it to resist instead of immunity.

excellent bait

Attached: 1495966195184.jpg (640x383, 39K)

Attached: aurorus-2.gif (192x192, 415K)

>angry Gen 2 fag made a shitty thread, got called a faggot, and then immediately made a new one

>angry Gen 6 fag made a shitty thread, got called a faggot, and then immediately made a new one

Why does this specifically keep happening over and over?

Attached: 1361636402069.png (399x360, 165K)

Based

And postgame Kanto. Johto is pretty forgettable outside of the Red battle.

Depends on what you've played before

Gen 2 fags are the Wind Wakerfags of Pokemon.

Attached: 1543259497804.png (378x378, 65K)

kys yourselves. taste this horrible shouldn't exist.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>easier than sm

Attached: 1527275840535.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Attached: C3C82002-E84A-457F-BF7F-99C97E470512.jpg (1280x960, 541K)

They are.

Play Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky. They're the peak of the series desu

Absol. Or maybe Butterfree. Or Electrode. It's difficult picking just one.

Attached: 1365163633120.jpg (800x598, 213K)

>Absol. Or maybe Butterfree. Or Electrode.

Attached: 48t103894nyt.png (159x208, 45K)

Soul is over rated. The best games have HEART.

Attached: 195-Quagsire.png (252x300, 60K)

Magneton forever. Non biological pokemon are the best pokemon.

Attached: 250px-082Magneton.png (250x250, 65K)

Gen 6 and Gen 2 are the same in that they're boring and over-reliant on Kanto instead of having their own identity. As a result, their fans are very sensitive about criticism.

I don't know why this has been a recent thing. Gen 5 fags were the most sensitive ones for years now. Maybe it's because Gen 7 and LGPE were so crappy that people now think their shit don't stink.

Attached: 1514263012265.png (500x533, 214K)

Attached: 1547095049247.png (1372x1180, 442K)

>Just check omgon
No need, I watch Pokemon's tournament circuit so I'm fully aware anybody that uses Dragon types don't have any Dragon moves at all. Fairy won't be losing the immunity though. Only reason it exists is to hard cancel for better or for worse.

>opponent does literally anything
>dies

>Absol
>black-and-white hellhound with a sicknasty asymmetrical sickle-horn and tail, able to predict future misfortune
>Butterfree
>a fucking ginormous butterfly that defeats its opponents through powder that makes its opponent sick, kicking up slicing gusts of wind, buzzing loud enough to hurt and psychokinesis
>Electrode
>a mimic and a living landmine rolled into one, always in a jolly mood. The fastest nigga around, can also give a mean thunderbolt
What Pokemon do YOU like then, huh

Attached: forty.png (557x944, 296K)

Should we just start posting these?

Attached: favorites.jpg (1366x768, 314K)

imagine having SOUL but no HEART

Attached: 81ESDoG1PVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1369, 401K)

Jesus Christ, sometimes I feel like the only person with functioning eyesight and hearing in these threads. Turd gen is a grating experience all around.

my man

You literally have to be trannies.

Magneton and Magnezone equally since gen 4 Evos were actually smart about stat distribution so they are both really good at a specific job. The only absolute retarded thing is they still don't have Heat Wave when that move not only makes sense for them to have but also would have so much synergy for what Magnets are good at

This. I would say to do a heavily modded run. They are really good and fresh if you have already played a few of the main series games before.

Care to elaborate?

>Johtofags are 30 year old boomers
Based

Attached: boomer pc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Yea Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Yea Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches.

That's not an answer, faggot

Attached: psychic_butterfree.png (1030x513, 1.09M)

This is a nice pasta.

WRONG

Attached: 1469708207106.jpg (1280x1307, 361K)

Thing that kinda bothers me, after masuda took the role, the games kinda shifted in a ‚muh friendly‘ direction. It‘s not that I don‘t like the games after gen2, heck 5 is my fav gen. But gen 1 and 2 had this kinda gritty feeling in the gameworld.m, with death and shit. I mean gen7 is sometimes pretty depressive and it‘s also mature in some terms. But I kinda begin to hate this ‚everyone is friendly, helps you, gives you everything you want‘ attitude.

>defining yourself with a fucking wojak edit
Yea Forums is pure cancer

Attached: 1446635287975.gif (320x240, 2.28M)

After beating the game you can catch celebi, legally.

>no option to buy game coins
>takes over a hundred games to get the number of coins you want
Superior, my ass.

Why do people always say this? They aren't Pokemon games, they are Mystery Dungeon games with Pokemon characters.

I hate that I can't evolve a bunch of pokemons because of trades and stones, try starting G/S/C right now, oh look, you can't have Machamp, Gengar, Arcanine or any stonemon (end game), Steelix, Scizor, but hey, you can have a Heracross that takes forever to found and catch, too bad his movepool sucks.

Attached: 1492752241581.jpg (217x235, 7K)

I was defining (You) with a wojak edit, fagola.

People have been saying this shit every single generation since gen 3 came out. Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=4MNAktk9ei8

It's time, lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM

Attached: woah.gif (250x188, 365K)

Black and White is the biggest pleb filter in the history of pokemon
You cannot prove me wrong

Being unable to buy coins sucked, but it was still faster than trying to win all these coins in the slots. Having an actual minigame instead of brainless gambling was also nice.

That's what you get for not being lucky enough to win the IPS screen lotto.

>BalloonShop
Good fucking taste.

Because they are better then most mainline games and their still pokemon.

Attached: 1466083425649.png (400x551, 127K)

Well black people scare me. Don't use their phrases ever agin. It triggers me.

YAWN?

I'm pretty sure the colors are off from the hardware itself, not just the shitty panel.

>Pokemon emerald (shitty post gen 2 trash pokeymans)
>Platinum (shitty post gen 2 trash pokeymans)
>Black/White/Black2/White2 (shitty post gen 2 trash pokeymans)

Try harder.

Attached: FFFFFFFF.jpg (480x360, 61K)

Add youtube.com/watch?v=fbcjFvXGXYQ and you have the 3 comfiest songs in all of Pokemon.

But their gameplay is atrocious

>people cannot stop choking on the cock of one game in a series and will not stop talking about how it is literally video game kino
>people absolutely despise another game in the series and will make threads solely to get upset about the game and talk about how it's the worst shit ever to grace video games
>The two games are not substantially different from one another and play almost exactly the same
Why is this so common? How can people like one Pokemon game so much and hate another so much. I'm not saying some of the gens aren't much better than some of the other gens but it really makes me wonder if people actually like one Pokemon game as much as they claim to if they can completely shit on another Pokemon game that plays almost the same. You'd think enough of it would be similar to the 'best game ever' that you'd at least find it mediocre.

Attached: 1544494714810.jpg (640x480, 23K)

learn the keybinds

Attached: a billion hours in paint.jpg (632x469, 45K)

Gameplay doesn't exist in a vacuum. Everything else counts, even more so when said gameplay is trash and the formula is a piss poor rehash of a 20+ year old game.

youtube.com/watch?v=PT0FF3TJXH

Attached: 1341772057337.png (800x450, 81K)

the best pokemon game is the one you grew up with, what is so hard to understand

Based these jotho shitters need to understand that their outdates shitty chiptune garbage has been surpassed almost a decade ago.
The true pokemon golden age was the DS era quality wise, you can not refute or debate this.

This, thats why theres so much people sucking BW cock now, people who grew with it are now in their 20s and shitposting at full force on the internet

Do Americans pretend B/W(2) is better than Platinum, Emerald and HG/SS because it's set in an America-type region? I understand the impulse, but I can't think of any other reason.

Kill yourself.

>Do Americans pretend B/W(2) is better than >Emerald
>because it's set in an America-type region?
The non-shit art and music might have something to do with it. The lack of Digimon rejects too.

BW2 is the peak of the franchise.
t.iemand die in Nederland woont.

Also helps that it was the best Gen.

>Gameplay doesn't exist in a vacuum. Everything else counts
My post was not intended to be read as disputing that. My point is that the games do not differ enough for me to see a reason why some anons glorify one game and completely crucify another. Some gens have much better pacing, mechanics, aesthetics, and so on than others. The point is that it still seems a stretch to consider one so amazing and another so shit. I do not see enough of a difference to explain such a wildly different score.

Attached: 1466637351508.png (500x560, 372K)

It was SÚPER NECIO

You come to all of these threads. You're still the only person that dislikes HGSS.

>people actually calling gen 5 good itt

Attached: 1546098974486.jpg (382x358, 56K)

If it helps clarify, think of those posts in response to this question. If I enjoy everything about Gold and Silver to the point where I think it is 10/10 genuine video game kino, why would I not still enjoy any of the other gens if they are the same but worse in every regard? Even if the other games are a 7 in comparison to a 10, is it still not worth playing simply because it is more content?

Lets say I take something garbage like X and Y and compare it to Gold and Silver. It still seems outrageous to give the latter a 10/10 and the former a 1/10. It's still Pokemon. It still emulates a game that I supposedly think is amazing even if it does so in a far worse manner. I just don't see how people don't still enjoy these games even if it's to a substantially lesser degree when it seems to me they still have enough in them that is similar to games they seem to have such a high opinion of.

It is tho. Tied with platinum for best Pokemon games.

Is gen 5 really so wildly different from gen 2 that it's not only worse, but just flat out a bad game? Can gen 2 really be considered 'good' if you can change it to that extent and have it not be worth playing at all?

Attached: Don't Answer That.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Yeah that bothers me a lot too, is not natural, why people praise Platinum and shit on DP constantly when they are not that different for example

What was wrong with it? I thought it was great.

Brainlet here, I got the emulator, but where do I get the roms for it?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think some gens are way better than other gens. I'm not saying I don't get why some people think some games in a series are far better or worse than other games, but some anons almost come off as caricatures in how exaggerated their hatred is for some games.
Some of it is shitposting sure, but some anons have a genuine passionate hatred for some gens that just seems unreasonable even if it can be said that they are far worse than other gens.

Attached: A Rhetorical Question.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

When will this soul meme die?

Would you rate a clone of a formula you enjoy highly solely on the basis of being a clone? I wouldn't. I liked the whole package, not the formula alone. I wouldn't have liked said game if the gameplay was the same but the other aspects were considerably worse. Your line of thought reeks of gay fanboyism shit desu.

that is the one and only flaw (and i admit it's a big one). you can generally only get kanto mons and the same 5 johot mons everyone else uses that aren't shit AND look cool. i just want a fucking houndoom early on, why is that so hard?

That's every fucking game, linearity is stupid for this formula.

jellicent/kingdra

>BW2 niggers infest the thread within 3 posts
what a shame

Attached: ffbae5b22a6f04bf384529302f36f13e.jpg (1280x1145, 332K)

If I liked all of the mechanics of one game to the extent I think said game is a 10/10, and a sequel came out where it was all of the same mechanics (for the most part) but worse, it would still be a 7 or 8 out of 10 because I still like all of those mechanics even if they were done better in the first game.
It's not
>enjoy highly solely on the basis of being a clone?
It's the opposite. I don't hate a game or think it's shit purely because another game does the same but better. I don't live in a world where I only like the best game in every genre and think everything else is shit. I can think one metroidvania is far superior to others but still find enjoyment in playing other ones even if they are worse but different.

Look, I'm not saying "don't compare gens" I'm just saying that I think people go overboard in completely shitting on one gen while glorifying another. A worse version of a 10/10 game doesn't mean it's a 1/10. And I'm not going to hate on the game just because it's not as good as another game that I love.

They saved the thread. Gen 2 sucks.

He hates gen 5 because the pokemon you fight aren't 30 levels below you like in gen 2.

Eh, it's fine.
Gen 5 isn't even that bad it's just that it for some reason has fostered the worst fanbase of the franchise.

Attached: 1510269942603.jpg (4252x1448, 3.27M)

Take for instance, Fable II. I loved the first Fable and thought Fable II was worse in several regards and pretty disappointing overall. That does not mean I think Fable II is a bad game, and I still enjoy playing it even if it's nowhere close to the first one.

It's the same for Pokemon in my eyes. Some of the gens are far worse than the other ones, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily bad games. If you want to say
>This game is shit in comparison to this game
Yeah, sure. But if you're saying
>This game is shit period and I cannot understand how anyone could enjoy playing it
I don't follow. Just because one of the games was made really good doesn't automatically make the other games shit. Maybe comparatively, but several anons just write them off as shit altogether which I cannot understand when they seem to think some gens are gods gift to the Earth.

Hell, if you want all of thoughts summarized in one sentence, just look back at the pic in
One gen can be a 10/10 while the others can be 8s, 7s or even 6s. Not being as good as one gen doesn't mean they aren't worth playing.

All mainline pokemon games are bad

>Platinum (pretty much everything)
I can't wait until the BW generation is old enough to post here so Platinumfags can stop spouting bullshit

Platinum and BW2fags are bros united.

>I can't wait until the BW generation is old enough to post here
Did you not read the rest of his post? Or pretty much any pokemon thread on here in the past few years? The BW2 generation has been posting here for a while now.

You posted it

Attached: 1477597773791.gif (405x214, 3.44M)

>Gen 5 has the worst fanbase on the franchise
Gen1fags and Gen2fags said hi.

Gen2fags don't exist and gen5fags are just gen1fags but worse in nearly every way.

Mfw i want to play all fhe ds games from each gen, i have black,sun,Omega ruby already

Need to find cheap copies of plat+soul silver help plox ebay seems full of fakes

They sure as hell aren't vocal, this Platinum dicksucking reeks of "I was a kid when I played so I didn't noticed it". Calling Platinum a perfect game is straight up wrong when obvious shit like "saving a lot of data" drags the game down.

That's what I don't understand. You don't like Fable 2, you basically admit it's a bad game, yet you (re)play it and claim it's not a bad game anyway. Why? It all just sounds like brand loyalty. You fixate on their state as sequels and trying to ape previous entries when that hardly matters in reality. Besides, I'm sure you'd never recommend X/Y to anyone.

Why would you post a jpeg of a gb game? Kys.

Attached: Typhlosion.png (416x300, 271K)

>Gen2fags don't exist
Have you not been reading the thread? I'm pretty sure that user who kept shilling his shit rom hack, Crystal Clear is still here. Also how is gen5fags even comparable to Kantofags? They're less annoying desu.

Mawile!

Attached: Mawile.png (1000x1000, 1.23M)

>They sure as hell aren't vocal,
Where on earth have you been? I'll agree that BW2 fags also frequently champion Platinum as well but they always focus on BW/2 instead of platinum. Though for that matter I enjoyed platinum much more than BW/2.
I've never really seen a gen2 fag, it's always just a gen1fag that tries to slightly distance themselves by saying "yea gen 2 was also ok".
>Also how is gen5fags even comparable to Kantofags? They're less annoying desu.
90% of their arguments are identical to genwunner arguments except replace "gen 1" with "gen 5"
>Pokemon had SOUL
>Everything went to shit after [my first and/or favorite game]
>The games were super hard!! (though this argument is more legitimate for BW than it is for gen1)
and other longtime classics

Gen 1 and 5 are both good but I don't think either are good for remotely similar reasons. None of those statements are useful

Shame about the mega, it's the only one I outright hate.

and not aerodactyl? heracross' looks cool at least

the gen 5 zoomers have been around since 2014

Non-American who loves 5th gen here.

>Emerald suffers from being the gen with the worst of old and newer systems. IE no physical special split and it being a huge pain in the ass to make Frontier viable Pokemon.
>Platinum has a solid core experience but suffers from the awful game engine.
>Hg/Ss was only magical on a first run, replaying it and so no longer caring for all the side features like the safari zone just gave me a game with all of gen 2's faults with gen 4's awful game speed.

Fine with it, not a fan like I am with ones like Sableye but I don't hate it.

I'm really not gay, but...

Attached: ss_a3eb91231446d5429fd3b6af5daad62699a48957.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

I think that with Nin's mass scrubbing of ROMs, they are kinda hard to find/have malware in them. I was d/l'ing one of Pt with a virus so I googled and and found links here: reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/7hxzro/some_pokemon_roms/ yeah yeah i know omg reddit wtf but these were clean and i think straight extractions from the game

wrong thread I suppose?

your opinion it's not a fact

>HGSS
They were pretty good. It's probably nostalgia but I think the art and music of the orignals give it a nicer touch.

oopsie tried to make a thread

I don't hate the style. But I feel like the original versions of the games are the best way to play them. Gen3 felt right with that style. Gen2 should be enjoyed with the original style. It fits the region a lot more imo.

The entire series is just wasted potential. Every game is the exact same just with different named Pokemon.

I just found my copy of HeartGold and fired it up. The music, the art, the menus, the sounds, the Pokemon cries were all excellent. Additionally, I found some of my old friends. Literally, I had Pokemon in my PC Boxes from my middle school friends from 2005.

Attached: Ho-Ohlight.jpg (450x623, 116K)

>Easier than SM
Shit bait, nigger.

The most broken Pokémon in Mystery Dungeon history.

Attached: 4e0201f22fcbb1e434f92224f5aee0dd.jpg (800x508, 107K)

>You don't like Fable 2
Incorrect
>you basically admit it's a bad game
False.
I think it's a good game, just not as good as a different game. That you cannot seem to comprehend that is exactly the point I'm making with pictures likeJust because a game isn't as good as another game does not mean it's bad. It's the opposite of brand loyalty. I don't give a shit that X/Y isn't as good as Gold or Silver because I still find it enjoyable. I don't give a shit that Aria of Sorrow is better than La Mulana or Hollow Knight because I still find the other games good.

A game can be comparatively worse than another game and still be a good game in its own right. Fable II is worse in every aspect to Fable but I still think Fable II is good. Just not as good as Fable.

Attached: untitled 28.jpg (1280x960, 284K)

Attached: 212Scizor.png (1080x1080, 487K)

Weather generation has been the worst mistake that pokemon has made, Jesus Christ that meta was awful

If you still need help understanding that point, I'm saying that several anons seem to think on a
10/10 kino or 0/10 garbage
instead of
Perfect>Great>Good>Average>Below Average>Bad>Awful
You don't just jump to shit because a gen isn't as good as what ever gen you consider perfect.

which is your favorite cutemon?

Attached: 39007-zigzagoon-pokemon-1920x1080-game-wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

Steel is fucking metal, so Steelix has been a staple on my team since Crystal

Attached: steelix-png-7.png (897x891, 256K)

well zigzagoon is already the cutest pokemon in the game so you can't get much cuter than that

Attached: Nidoking04.jpg (1024x975, 74K)

You’re right, but now that it has become common to acknowledge how great BW2 are, expect Yea Forums to pull its contrarian act and pretend it’s shit.

Thats why I love the GB player item or whatever it was called

game freak would never do that again because they're so insecure about their new music though

Why are they NOT AVAILABLE in the 3DS's Virtrual Console, but ARE on the WiiU one? Makes no fucking sense. Hello? They were released originally for the HANDHELD GAME BOY ADVANCE. WHY ARE THEY NOT AVAILABLE ON 3DS HARDWARE BUT ARE ON THAT OF A SHITTY CONSOLE? So stupid.

Attached: 1549930947462.jpg (225x225, 4K)

>he hasn't hacked his 3ds yet

Attached: 1393505906330.png (308x700, 162K)

No, it's Americans who dislike Gen 5 because of no Charizard.

I love this post
Upboated

>Get a psychic mon
>Game is ultra mega easy casual mode now

BWBW2 are pure shit, none of he Pokémon from that gen had decent designs. The whole game was total shit. Everything beyond gen 2 is really fucking bad

Attached: Kino Pokemon Design.gif (500x500, 80K)

Either Archeops or the Porygon line.

Attached: Archeops.png (475x475, 144K)

I love Gold/Silver but they are far from the best Pokemon games.
>Johto Pokemon in general are hard to obtain
>shitty level scaling
>Not challenging at all unless you're a really young kid.

HG/SS, Emerald, Platinum, B/W and B2/W2 all easily surpass it.

I, for one, am a legit Gen 2 fag. I think Gen 2 was mostly an improvement over Gen 1 and has some of the best aesthetics of the GB/GBC. The only things I would change are the level scaling in Kanto, making the Celebi even work properly, move buffs for Johtomons, making Johtomons more common, giving Goldenrod a better item selection, and adding in the Physical/Special split. Maybe making it less linear in Johto too.

Anyone know of a romhack that does this without updating the aesthetics?

Because PMD 1&2 were released for DS and every consoles of the 3DS family are retro-compatible with DS games, so they thought: "why put on the eShop a game that most people already have?".

Doduo probably.

Attached: doduo sugimori.png (475x475, 78K)

>Everything beyond gen 2 is really fucking bad
Retardation at it's peak.

*tanks your entire team*

Attached: pory2.png (1080x1080, 433K)

I miss sprites. The way they have gone about moving to 3D is fucking lazy, and it's especially abhorrent when you see things like Xatu or Skarmory that are just flying in place for the entire fucking fight.

Attached: xatu-f.gif (111x63, 92K)

Attached: Golurk.jpg (500x700, 69K)

so as a person who only played red/blue and gold/silver should I ever pick up a pokemon game again or just pretend nothing else ever came after?

I love both. I think the 3D models look amazing. After years of playing various different Pokemon games, I always wonder what a Pokemon game where the Pokemon are 3D would look like. I understand what you're saying though.

Gen 3 is quite good. Pick up Emerald and give it a go, or Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby.

Alright, your picture reminds me of something. Why is Red the only former character that can be seen in other games? He appeared in B2W2 and in USUM. Why don't other generations main characters get any love?

Attached: nani.png (1736x1226, 1.13M)

Bw2>hgss>pt> emerald
The rest are irrelevant.

Attached: 1549946599968.jpg (500x375, 55K)

Partially gen 1 nostalgia but also because every other MC has been shown with more of a character and he's just autistic ellipsis man
Also don't most other MCs show up in the BW tournament thing?

Play Emerald, don't play ORAS. Check out Colosseum and XD (>inb4 >XD memery) if you liked Emerald.

I'm not saying the models are bad, just that the animations are really fucking lazy. The B2W2 sprites did a better job of making Pokemon look like living creatures than these 3D models did. Going back to the Xatu example, it feels more like some lifeless puppet being held up by strings than a creature in the world of Pokemon. It's immersion breaking.

Play RSE and maybe HGSS and pretend that nothing else came after.

Ah yes. I agree with you then. Xatu just like, being there.

>HGSS over Platinum

Yes

In the Pokemon World Tournament the only previous Pokemon MC to show up is Red.

It does nothing better than Platinum tho.

It does following Pokemon better.

was it just the other gym leaders then?

My main nigga

Attached: giratina.png (1280x1280, 666K)

Original Johto > original Hoenn > Remakes > Unova = Sinnoh > LGPE > crap > everything else > original Kanto.
Only true boomers who play Pokemon throughout will understand this objectively superior ranking.

I'd say Emerald is a must play, if only for the battle frontier. You can safely ignore gen 4 if you just don't like pokemon that much. But if you do want to get into gen 4 then ignore d/p and go straight to Platinum.

Boomer here, Sinnoh shits on Johto.

Grea--
>LGPE > crap
No.

BROS im playing through AWDS is there a way to fix the buggy sound? is there a settings guide?

Metagross

I would highly recommend both BW and B2W2, the region is fantastic, the story is actually pretty good (if you give a shit about the story), the Pokemon variety is amazing, and it has a pretty good post game as well.

HGSS and Platinum are pretty good, but the level scaling is shit, as in the wild Pokemon you encounter are fucking weak as hell and give fuck all for exp, meaning you will have to grind if you want a decently leveled full team.

Pokemon is a shit series i dont get how anyone over the age of 12 plays it unironically

Attached: 1550093292749.png (357x358, 316K)

>ut the level scaling is shit, as in the wild Pokemon you encounter are fucking weak as hell and give fuck all for exp
This is only in HGSS, Platinum didn't have the leveling problem. Plus you can use the Vs. Seeker to fight the trainers who give out the best cash and exp over again. Can't in HGSS.

Guys, what game has the best post-game? I LOVED Emerald for the Battle Frontier. That was so much fun and I genuinely enjoyed it. I was immensely upset when I learned ORAS didn't have it though...

I just want to keep battling with my Pokemon after I beat the Elite Four.

Attached: redbored.jpg (970x1374, 162K)

>Johto
>post game Pokemon and level curve
Nah, Hoenn's better, despite the criticism. Otherwise, nice list.

B2W2

Why did gen 2 had so many garbage pokemon
those no evolution or pre evolution ones like pic related and delibird. Good thing based gen 4 saved some of those

Attached: 234Stantler.png (1080x1080, 359K)

So nothing?

I only ever play challenge runs anymore. Current run is Red nuzlocke and I can't buy any healing items.

Pretty much, there are also champions from other regions as well.

Refer to pic related.

Attached: japanese ratings.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

I know, for example this guy has stayed mediocre for the past two decades in spite of his awesome design.

Attached: Ledian.jpg (260x240, 15K)

Emerald is still the best.

>Hating on delibird
shit taste
assdeer was never that good though yea

WHY IS GENERATION 3 STILL THE ONLY ONE WITH COMPLETE 60FPS SUPPORT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFJFKSHSFJKGKSGHK!!!1
>WHY IS GENERATION 3 STILL THE ONLY ONE WITH COMPLETE 60FPS SUPPORT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFJFKSHSFJKGKSGHK!!!1

I don't know why anons still post this when it got outed as fake. How else could someone think HGSS is on par with Platinum. It just ain't.

What a shame, if true. So many new, fresh games have been released after based Emerald, and yet nothing tops the Battle Frontier. Unbelievable.

>nobody has been able to come up with a single argument why gen 2 is good

Attached: hmm.png (750x650, 64K)

HGSS has a better looking Kanto and Johto region.

Or maybe Bulbasaur

Attached: 598232.jpg (598x600, 54K)

Gen 4 had a Frontier in Platinum but it removed the Pyramid Pike and Arena.

And Sinnoh had the better biomes/ environments. No town in HGSS stands out except Ecruteak City for it's orange trees.

>Golurk
>Hydreigon
>Victini
>Scolipede
>Eelektross

>bad design
Kys you are self.

Anyone ITT mostly play ORAS? Maybe just me. I love Hoenn, so I've sunk way more hours into it than Sun/Moon. I also find it easier to breed Pokemon. Easy to level up and evolve my Pokemon so that I can register and complete my Pokedex.

Attached: 1253801907487.jpg (600x702, 381K)

Fixed a ton of issues from the first generation, added mechanics such as breeding and neat shit like shiny forms, and had a post-game that let you explore the previous games region and battle its gyms. If you look at Gen 2 from modern day perspective, yeah, it's pretty lackluster, but in the context of when they were released they are great games.

Why did every pokemon gen get uglier and uglier color-wise?

>Can point at Charizard, Typhlosion, Nidoking, Machamp, etc.
>Can hear their cries, all in my head.
Can anyone else do this? I can even point at just their names and I can hear their cries as well.

Attached: laughing_shoes.png (321x185, 87K)

Also some of the best aesthetics on the Game Boy Color, only rivaled by MGS: Ghost Babel and Link's Awakening/the Oracle games.

Imagine being this homosexual

B/W(2) were the make-or-break edition of Pokémon and they turned out to be smash hits that kept the series afloat and improved it so much that it could live on in the long term. The world is just full of entitled self-righteous zoobhuman chuunifuckers

Attached: sample_4d653816168de7cab1c422fdc813ba8f.jpg (850x850, 72K)

I can hear Finneon. I don't even like the Pokemon. It's just unique enough to remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=AbDjY64EWwY

>added mechanics such as breeding and neat shit like shiny forms

Breeding is shit because you just walk around. Shinies are nice. But both of these features are available in literally every other gen.

>nd had a post-game that let you explore the previous games region and battle its gyms

For reasons already stated in this thread Kanto is fucking awful and is over within 2 hours. It doesn't speak great things about a game if one of your main arguments for why it's good is "you get to go to a worse version of the first games areas!"

FACT: Everything went to shit the second they let Americans design Pokemon.

Attached: 1550981310781.jpg (637x901, 136K)

That guys British though. And he's only there because Game Freak absorbed Genius Sonority.

>but magenemite is okay!

youtube.com/watch?v=4dFn2r-iq_4

Attached: gonna delelelete your life.jpg (1334x1678, 247K)

The Key is crap, The bottom two rows are crap but Aegisslash family is kino. Others are fine.

Did this guy design Magnemite, Machop, Voltorb, and Geodude?

>wwn get another Colosseum or Gale of Darkness game
jdimsa

> But both of these features are available in literally every other gen.
Why in the ever loving fuck are you comparing Gen 2 to modern generations? I even said in my post that the generation is lackluster when reviewed in modern day in the context of every other generation that followed it.

It also introduced the special split, which made Pokemon that were both offensive and defensive powerhouses like Alakazam less oppressive. It also introduced viable counters to the previously massively dominant Psychic typing in the form of the Steel and Dark types.

>American was responsible for the garbage and the ice cream
LOL
O
L

Lunatone, Solrock, Drifblim, Trubbish/Garbodor, the Klink line, Chandelure are all cool though. So is that Stackatakcaktacka Ultra Beast.

>James Turner is Europoor that moved to Japan
/pol/ pls

Don't you DARE talk shit about based booboo keys.

Tell me are guys stupid or are you all playing it up? From that list he only made the Vanilluxe line.

FUCK, national park ramps up the nostalgia

The image isn't even fucking accurate. Here's the list of Pokemon James Turner worked on, it's from Bulbapedia, and James Turner himself confirmed on Twitter that this list is accurate:
Shadow Lugia
Vanillite
Vanillish
Vanilluxe
Golett
Golurk
Vullaby
Mandibuzz
Phantump
Trevenant
Bruxish (Finalization)
Buzzwole
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel

twitter.com/jamesturner_42/status/976289734115799040

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner

Attached: (You) aquired.jpg (1204x680, 114K)

>From that list he only made the Vanilluxe line.
Right, but did he make Magnemite, Machop, Voltorb, and Geodude?

Attached: 1362366736411.gif (250x250, 407K)

>From that list he only made the Vanilluxe line.

I don't know who the fuck that guy is so I wouldn't know that info.

Based. He made Golett and Golurk, so he's a-OK in my book.

No. He wasn't employed by Game Freak at the time those Pokemon were introduced. The earliest game one of his designs were introduced in was Shadow Lugia in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.

Feck off

Why do people put g/s/c on such a high pedestal? They're some of the most overrated games of all time. They have practically zero story, the gameplay is nothing special relative to the rest of the series, and the fact you can go to Kanto is meaningless because it's practically a lifeless sandbox with trainers and wild Pokémon dropped in and zero reason or motivation for you to be there.

Gen 2 was a failure in all regards

>Story
Gen 3 blows it out of the water
>Exploration
Gen 3 blows it out of the water again
>Side activities
Gen 3 destroys it again
>Pacing
Fucked by every other generation except 4
>World
Gen 1 easily beats it. A properly designed Kanto destroys johto's shit design
>Secrets
Gen 3 easily has better/more secrets
>Post-game
Literally every game after Gen 2 is better

Gen 2 is complete ass, and the only reason people worship it is because they see other people say it's the best game ever, and they want to also have the "right" opinion. Same shit happened with Assassin's Creed 4. Praised to hell on Yea Forums but it's actually the 2nd worst AC game.

Attached: 1374277763077.gif (480x270, 2.37M)

I think that, when it comes to G/S/C, most of the high praise it receives is when compared alongside R/B/Y. The 2nd game in an amazingly popular phenomenon of a series is bound to be highly praised.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (706x747, 238K)

Why not just play RSE instead of that shitty attempt of remake? ORAS somehow managed me to stop playing Pokemon games for such a long time. It even took me over a year to beat Alpha Sapphire because of how bad and boring everything was

I found X and Y to be the worst Pokemon games I had ever played. I nearly dropped it after you were given a fucking Kanto starter, as if the expectation was that players wouldn't trudge through the shitty ass game unless there were some familiar Gen 1 Pokemon to keep them hooked. The region is generally uninteresting, the story is shit, the pseudo-rivals are forgettable at best, and fucking annoying at worst. Team Flare is fucking lame, and Lysandres solution of fucking genociding everything to combat scarcity is retarded. Very few of the gym leaders are noteworthy, with the only one I can think of being the last one who visits the Pokemon Sanctuary or whatever the fuck it was called. The previous generation incorporated many of the gym leaders with the story and showed them having other motivations and duties outside of standing in a single fucking place for the entire game until you can beat them for a god damn badge. The gym designs were neat and all, and the design of the leaders was neat too, but that's all there is. All appearances, no fucking substance.

Maybe Team Flare was a metaphor for the game as a whole. They dress up and want to look good but are shallow as fuck in the end. I could go on and on but I'll just end it here. Fuck X and Y.

Attached: 1534061301121.png (692x677, 538K)

GF is lazy and incompetent. By Gen 4 the games should have had idle animation sprites for all the pokemon in battle and at least one actual attack animation for physical and special attacks ontop of the usual attack animation the moves actual used. And by idle animation I don't mean that lazy twisting/tweening used in gen 5 that turns sprites into pixialted garbage I mean an actually idol animation done right

Attached: 1542755734984.jpg (303x402, 23K)

Attached: 1527644060752.jpg (700x700, 206K)

Why the fuck are you comparing Gen 2 to generations that followed it? You should remember that G/S/C was made on the original Gameboy cartridge format, they struggled to fit Kanto into the game, and couldn't even finish the Safari Zone.

Do you have any examples of games that have that amount of sprites? The reason they didnt do it could have even been space limitations on cartridges, the need to have full spritesheets for each of the 500-600 pokemon would have been absolutely mind boggling.
3D at least let them have idle animations, but their outsourced models look completely soulless for the most part, some pokemon that looked great before look like complete ass now, and the animations they did give most of them are way to bland (outside of very specific pokemon designed to have fancy idle animations). This isnt even getting into how everything in the 3D games is completely drained of color to the point that eyes glaze over just by looking at it.
At the very fucking least this year's pokemon needs to fucking add some fucking color to the textures and / or modify the lighting system, thats bare minimum, its a fucking crime how absolutely soulless the games started looking as soon as they jumped to the 3DS.

>3D at least let them have idle animations
Oh yes, look how alive this Pokemon is.

Attached: tropius.gif (203x79, 480K)

Attached: 1550012466433.png (1000x750, 554K)

Which one's in your region?
Which one's your favorite?

Attached: vivillon map 3.png (4500x2160, 696K)

Johto is the most boring region in the whole series

You spelled Kalos wrong.

Normal pick? Meganium, Houndoom, Lapras.
Pokemon Breeder pick: Goodra, Delphox and Mega-Lopunny.

My region is Modern.
Ocean looks beautiful and is my favorite.

easily HGSS or Platinum

My region is meadow. I quite like Archipelago Pattern best which is fitting since I live in an archipelago

>Which one's in your region?

fucking bland ass Polar

>Which one's your favorite?

ocean

>polar
>bland
bitch I have a modern
Anyone who doesn't say Monsoon is their favorite deserves more kanto remakes

DELLEWOOOOOP

>let Americans design Pokemon.
James Turner is a britbong you obsessed child.

Attached: guranteed EU replies.png (1104x927, 84K)

I can do this up to Gen III. Kricketune in gen IV is free to anyone that isn't deaf tho

don’t kid yourself the games are easy no matter what

fucking zoomers.

That's a nice image you got there, señor 56%

lmfao. Sun & Moon must've been mega shit. I just booted it up, and the last time I saved was in December 2016. That means I haven't even used my 3DS since then (only really got it for Pokemon). tf have I been doing in terms of vidya? where'd the time go?

Attached: vikavolt.jpg (360x345, 29K)

I'm a Gen II fag with Gen I being my first game, but IMO Gen V really tried to make something that was an evolved version of the base feel of the original games. A lot of it felt like GF put the series under a microscope and tried to build off what they believed to be the core of what the appeal of the series was in a way that would look different and maybe even be different, but still feel like an evolved version of the series origins.

This is why I will always appreciate Gen V even if I still prefer Gen II as my favorite with HG as what I consider the version of the formula nearest to perfect. Sadly the reception of Gen V is pretty much what caused Masuda to just give up and give into pandering to Kanto nostalgia. I just feel sorry for the guy to this day.

not playing awful pokemon games thats for sure

Is USUM worth it? I'm starved for Pokemon but I'm not sure if people are over-exaggerating with the cutscenes or not.

Attached: golurk.gif (500x444, 204K)

>Sadly the reception of Gen V is pretty much what caused Masuda to just give up and give into pandering to Kanto nostalgia.
because gen 5 in general was kind of mediocre. while there were a lot of good pokemon there were also like 20 or so that were really scraping the bottom of the barrel to get to 150
I never actually played USM but SM was fine

It’s cutscene-ridden, handholdy trash.

post your trainer oc that would ACTUALLY work in a game

>No
>Jesus, no, 4th generation is shit
>It would be the best Pokémon game if the Pokedex weren't so fucking shitty

They're a cute 11 year old girl (male)

Literally anything but (u)S/M or B/W(2). The story, gameplay and new pokemon were so boring on those I couldn't will myself to finish them

Leon is best pokemon.

Did you play the base versions?

this site is mostly zoomers now. Boomers will deffend Pokémon until gen 3. Anything after that is a "spot the zoomer" game.

Why do you need to point at them?

These days I really do wish I just quit Pokemon years ago and never looked back.

Gen 8 is maybe one of the most important gens in franchise and I have the sinking feeling they're gonna fuck it up

Attached: 1543456167256.jpg (1200x943, 544K)

Well, gen 3 is the best gen, but the others are good too.

No, I skipped out on SM knowing an updated version will come out later, but people seem to say USUM had a worse story and still was cutscene heavy.

HG&SS are amazing, but goddamn if Gen 2 isn't just PURE SOUL

Attached: crying cat.gif (372x262, 1.72M)

If my OC is an adventuring youth on their Pokemon journey: me as a teenager. If my OC is staying at home: me in elementary school.

You need to play Pokemon Gold on an SGB to experience true melancholy and soul like a real man.

why was gold so comfy

Attached: 1470536258385.png (798x597, 147K)

Remake Crystal for fucks sake

Still *the* single best Pokemon game ever

Attached: ma man.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Probably one of those tutors that teach dumbass trainers that pokemon can hold berries, informing proper usage of x-items and status restore items.

where do I get a good crystal ROM after the purging Yea Forums? preferably BW/BW2 as well as I have yet to try gen V

Incredible games stand the test of time. Super Metroid still kicks the shit out of most modern Metroidvanias, despite it having hardware limitations of cartridges and old tech.

Face it, your nostalgic heartthrob is a shit game.

from the little I've heard about it they make it slightly more standard with the legendaries back to being "We will use them to destroy the world" or something.
SM had a nice story, I don't remember if there was actually any real "updated" features of USM

Moltres

Attached: y5JIxNa[1].jpg (743x1264, 333K)

>they struggled to fit Kanto into the game, and couldn't even finish the Safari Zone.
>this is somehow a counterargument
Take your shitty level scaling and neutered Kanto and get out

>No, I skipped out on SM knowing an updated version will come out later, but people seem to say USUM had a worse story and still was cutscene heavy.

Never played USUM, At the very least it should have a more diverse pokedex than the base games. Unless you're a big fan of Pelliper, Raticate, Lillie, and Yungoose in which case you should play the base games since thats what you'll encounter in most of the routes of your Hawaiian theme park tour.

Attached: 1486687935744.png (442x481, 128K)

>Gen 2 is the BEST*

*If you don't compare it to 80% of the series it's in

Either its great or its not. You can't have it both ways, faggot

Black and White wasn't any better but at least it actually moves instead of floating stiffly.

Attached: 357.gif (94x80, 61K)

Why the fuck would you play crystal over hg/ss?

You don't get a lot more out of playing the originals for Gen 1 and 2

Because I've played HG/SS to death already. In crystal I can get shit like Teddiursa/Phanpy straight away and other cool shit

I'll raise you my top 10

Attached: top 10.png (990x873, 84K)

The "GB Sounds" item sounds like shit compared to the actual original Game Boy soundtrack.

Hey guys, has anyone played any one of those rom hacks? The ones without Fakemon. I wish to replay either Gen 2 or Gen 3 but I don't really want to play thru the originals, and figure maybe a rom hack would spice things up a little.

I was thinking about moving all of my Pokemon from HG to ORAS, deleting my save, and running thru the game again, but idk.

Attached: redhattip.gif (360x480, 63K)

Black and White were easily the peak of how they looked in the main series. Stuff like electric types glowing now and then and Oshawott tossing his shell about had so much more character than the fuck awful 3D ones.

Kabutops is my favorite.
Shedinja and Golisopod are extremely close.
I like the UBs and also Reuniclus as well.

>hurr durr pokemon is about story
I hate people younger than me

Liquid Crystal is good from what I remember. It's a Gen 2 remake but from before HGSS came out

Dude what? People in their mid twenties grew up with 1st/2nd gen.
Are you talking about people who were older than 10 playing the first pokemon game?

Umadbro?

Attached: nosjz.jpg (236x351, 14K)

>but people seem to say USUM had a worse story and still was cutscene heavy
As somebody who for some god forsaken reason bought both games, it's true and they somehow made it worse than the base game.
USUM is basically what Sun and Moon games should've been a year before, this is also backed by the fact the entire story is a retelling of the original but with altered events. It's still a railroaded experience with little deviation and the features they added are either not worth it or insignificant. People have said it's harder than the original SM, but then I used EXP share the entire time unlike the former and more or less came out on top every time, including Ultra Necrozma. Hell I actually recommend you do use EXP Share because the level distribution for wild Pokemon is god awful compared to the trainers, especially when you reach Victory Road and the Elite 4.

There's probably a list of everything wrong with the entirety of Gen 7 across both games, but I don't have one. About the only reason I even bothered was the Alola PokeDex, some of my absolute favorites in series history.

Attached: Moon Team.png (1018x232, 122K)

It actually trimmed several scenes but it's still heavy on the prompting.
The story of SM was pretty average. This one centres less around Lillie but it ends up being the excuse for a far better final story boss.
Generally USUM has superior gameplay over SM.
>bigger Pokedex with better distribution spread and a bunch of ones not included in said dex (bringing it to almost 500 species over SM's 320 or so including scans for both)
>rebalanced bosses with better supports, the electric trial isn't a total joke like it was in SM and the final boss will probably score a few KOs on you, maybe a wipe if you're unprepared (or don't have Tyranitar, Magnezone, Zoroark, or whatever the other one was that counters it, I think Malamar?)
>get the starter faster with much less preamble, some scenes are replaced with a little bit of gameplay instead
>more minigame things (but not a whole lot, so don't expect a DS-era amount of content)

I guarantee that USUM was what they originally had, then they ran out of time because they were rushing it for the anniversary and decided to snip it up and reglue it later.
Still way better than SM though if someone hasn't bothered with the originals.

shitter's arceus

Attached: silvally_unleashed_by_tomycase_dakyw1f-fullview.jpg (1024x725, 127K)

Ruby exists.

>Keep paying for pokemon bank in case I want to trade my pokemon up from Alpha Sapphire.
>Sun/Moon comes out, no post-game so no point bringing over any pokemon.
>Ultra sun/moon come out, still no postgame so there's no point trading anything up.
At this point I just keep opening up AS to battle Wally and the NPC trainers in my secret base once a day.

Attached: 1471293993679.png (600x594, 407K)

>mediocre
that's an overstatement if I've ever seen one for Ledian.

Thanks to bank I have a Scizor in my party every new game.

Attached: 1329488045982.png (330x472, 93K)

Zinnia's hot and delta episode was great

May is hotter and I don't like the redesign for her but yeah Delta Episode was fucking ace.

Attached: 1550804638630.jpg (581x711, 93K)

I can do it for pretty much any Pokemon except for half of Gen 6 and most of Gen 7. Once Gen 8 rolls around, I'll probably remember all of Gen 6.

That's the problem Pokemon is facing as it continues to grow. With sprites it works because it's mostly tweening a few parts and viola all of a sudden a Pokemon has personality. Obviously with 3D they can keep reusing the models, but it also means they can't give nearly 1000 Pokemon their own unique idle stances. That's a tall order for anybody company to animate that many fictional creatures and how they would act and react as if they were natural animals; even Capcom's Monster Hunter team talk about what lengths of research they do when designing one monster's looks and behaviors. So instead we just have standard idle poses, but I doubt anybody would invest money into ensure nearly 1000 Pokemon behave individual from each other in their idle stances.

Attached: 1453502973046.jpg (711x800, 544K)

A pokemon game with the models actually having personality and good, fluid animations would be fucking great.

But that's too much to ask for so right now I just WANT THEM TO UPDATE THE ABSOLUTE TRASH FUCKING DISGUSTING SOUND EFFECTS HOLY SHIT.

But they did it for Battle Revolution. I get that there's about double the number of them now but still, there has to be a halfway point. Don't get me started on what they did to all their cries either.

I traded some stuff up to take dumb photos of them in USUM but the thumbnails no longer load after I transferred to a new 3DS. Got the shiny charm and some pretty UBs but eh.
Also Secret Bases was what solely made ORAS worthwhile to me. Great stuff. The music was also good but Pokemon music usually is pretty decent anyway.

>Black and White were easily the peak of how they looked in the main series. Stuff like electric types glowing now and then and Oshawott tossing his shell about had so much more character

Damn. Now looking back at it, that was actually awesome.

It hurts, even the beta had soul

Attached: 284975798913894.jpg (438x564, 36K)

>Also Secret Bases was what solely made ORAS worthwhile to me.
Same, the way they implemented it so you can visit like 10 different secret bases from other users every day was so nice. Really sad that feature is now dead. I hope secret bases make a return in the next game.

wait is that fucking spurdo sparde

Gen 5 is the best

That was me too. I sent all my Pokemon up to S/M just so they could be in the "latest" game, but I have WAY more Hours in ORAS than in S/M. I love Hoenn though so I could understand the bias. Also, Battle Maison was alright. Still wish we had the Pokemon Emerald Battle Frontier though. God I loved that so much. So much. Remember the Battle Factory where you could rent Pokemon? I also liked the Pyramid, the Seviper Building, and the one where you could team up with a CPU and battle. WHY cant they just fucking reproduce that shit? Game Freak, please, I want to keep playing your game and spending time with my Pokemon AFTER I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR/MAIN STORY. PLEASE.

>mfw I ran into "The Battle Frontier Project has started!" in ORAS

Attached: Is This A Joke.png (647x626, 45K)

Yeah the frontier would have been great, but it's no skin off my back since I don't tend to enjoy pokemon postgame. It's too RNG heavy for me to put much time into, I get way more mileage playing against regular NPCs who don't tailor their teams specifically to fuck mine. It's more fun and you see more variety that way.

Black Tower was the greatest post-game addition in ANY pokemon game, except for maybe the World Tournament.

Attached: Black_Tower_inside_B2.png (256x192, 42K)

It doesn't seem dead, the PSS seems pretty active still and I regularly can collect my new secret bases any time I fire the game up. I hope they come back too, but it's probably not happening. The Platinum Flag in my base is nice to look at as a reminder of the good times. I usually save in Pokemon Centers in these games but in ORAS I always save in my base.
I learned my lesson with insta-transferring all my stuff up with BW2->XY. Didn't do that again with Gen 6 to 7, even though I actually like Gen 7 overall because of the Pokemon designs.