Mario & Luigi thread

AlphaDream confirmed to be working on more games, including on the Switch. One of those is most likely a M&L Switch game, and after the failure of the BiS remake I doubt we'll get another remake.
What do you hope the next M&L is about?

Attached: bis.png (220x198, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mQn8seklAr0
youtube.com/watch?v=uylZqh7xORE
youtube.com/watch?v=K1PucNpc42I
youtube.com/watch?v=3xyz97SYPl4
youtube.com/watch?v=ThMDcQCg0bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Throw Starlow in a meat grinder and go for unique settings again instead of the Mario checklist like Paper Jam.

This.

What has Alphadream done lately that isn't Mario & Luigi?

any day now they me switching to full 3D and no more sprites

Nothing since before the M&L series started.

Same as Superstar Saga and Dream Team, I hope for a new setting with an actual overworld.

What's the best way to play Superstar Saga, GBA or remake?

You just know they'll get backlash if they don't.
>my triple A nintendo game on an HD console is using SPRITES? what is this, the 3DS?
Stuff like that.

Attached: 1546905109284.jpg (720x718, 64K)

If you have never played it, I highly recommend GBA for the first experience. But if you played it long ago, give the remake a try, it's not bad. It also emulates perfectly.

And on the other hand, get ready for muh soulless shitposting on Yea Forums when full 3D is shown making it hard to properly discuss the game.

I know normalfags that refuse to play any game with sprites

>What do you hope the next M&L is about?
Mario and luigi + wario and waluigi
fucking do it
its gonna be great if they will both interact in some way, either allies or foes
please do it

i fucking hate games cant have sprites because its not the best trendiest resolution our GAME FOR NEWEST CONSOLES/PCS(TM) can hold

Attached: 1546796751647.gif (362x519, 302K)

never ever

Attached: 356236239.png (600x500, 342K)

Pretty sure at this point it's just a running joke at Nintendo to purposely not acknowledge waluigi outside of spin offs.

Superstar Saga's actually good either way. Combat's a fair deal faster on the GBA and it has a more unique artstyle there, combat's slower but changed to Dream Team-style fights on 3DS. Ultimately it'll end up being a matter of preference, but they're 1:1 the same game otherwise.

It is, down to Waluigi getting shat on as barely existing in his Odyssey costume even

I believe AlphaDream can make a modern 3D game with soul.
I believe...

Attached: 1540959206524.png (422x494, 229K)

Paper jam was a one time thing. Alpha Dream said this already. How are there atill people who don’t know this?

Oh, I didn't know they had said that. That makes me very happy, then.

Speaking of M&L, anyone has the tier list for the minions mode?

Hopefully when they go full 3D, it looks more like 3D giant Luigi, and less like 3D giant bowser.

Attached: 739893E2-578D-4170-B10C-EEC4CE2A2BBA.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>there will never be a hand drawn style M&L game
why even live?

Yup. They said they went SM3DW style because the massive amount of OC on both ends was too overwhelming. They’re going back to the regular style for their next new game, sinve they considered paper jam a spinoff anyways.

Lately, nothing at all. If I remember correctly, the only game they've ever done that isn't Mario & Luigi was Tomato Adventure for the GBA, and that was even before Superstar Saga.

Absolutely not. Starlow is a treasure to the series.

Attached: Starlow1.png (88x120, 16K)

She was fine in BiS but "emissary of the star spirits to your guys' vacation" with Dream Team was already waaaay overstaying her welcome desu

She's now in every game except Partners in Time (which Alpha Dream doesn't give a shit about), so it's unreasonable to expect them to shelf her. It's obvious they consider her their mainstay OC for the series.

I hate it, the reason for her being present at all gets poorer and poorer until it hits Paper Jam having her as a given. It took until Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr. for her to not be kind of obnoxious in a game again and it's only because it's a remake with a 1:1 original script.

Attached: 1535680651902.gif (155x155, 986K)

What's so bad about the Bowser's Inside Story remake? Haven't played it.

they could just make something like shes good at her job or something and can stay in the mushroom kingdom for the rest of time as much as she wants

If they keep her as a side thing and not a permanent hint fairy then I wouldn't mind her much. Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions kinda had the right idea.

Do it you cowards, I've been waiting for this crossover for more than a decade.

Attached: 1542209848131.png (800x450, 190K)

Nothing. It’s literally an upgrade in every way except some of the music.

b-b-buh muh soulless graphics!1

Why are people calling it a failure then?

t. Waluigi

And then she became the de facto guide for Mario & Luigi in Paper Jam.

It didn't sell so well. Worst-selling Mario game on record, last I recall, though that's kinda like being the worst-selling Lord of the Rings film.

Never played Bowsers Inside Story but love her in Dream Team

Because it’s one of the worst-selling Mario games in years, almost entirely due to the fact that it’s a 3DS game released in 2019.

It has a couple of glitches and the artstyle change is a huge turn off for a lot of people.

Starlow is based pleb filter

I don't understand why that would be Waluigi but I take that as a compliment. Thank you

Why did the artist make Waluigi a shitskin?

I'd love it if they surprised us with fully hand drawn graphics, similar in style to Wario Land Shake It.

Attached: shakeit.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Actually some of the script in the BiS remake was changed

>release new game on old dying console that's been hacked to death and back
>wonder why it didn't sell well
Nintendo is always ass backwards

Really? What got changed? I'm about half-way through and haven't noticed anything different.

Music is ass compared to the original. It wasn't arranged by Yoko and thus it lacks soul

3DS still sells a lot and sells games and has even after firmware 9.2+ hacking methods became commonplace, BiS' failure is only indicative of itself, quit being a fag

No, it seriously sold like shit by any metric. It sold 20k in Japan over three weeks (9k in the first week) before falling off the charts. Even Paper Jam, which had a debut that was considered a failure, sold 52k in its first week. The BIS remake sold on par with niche ecchi games.

Because it sold like shit due to being one of the last 3DS games in existance.

Nothing in the dialogue changed, this user's full of shit

>still whining about that

They literally made the remakes with the side modes specifically to show you that Paper Jam was on purpose

Bowser Jr’s journey is literally the best written game in the series

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who wanted this.

Attached: 6B8C1CEE-4990-4398-BAB1-E0FFB177B840.png (528x1129, 259K)

Bowser Jr’s journey proved that a new Mario and Luigi needs literally anyone that isn’t the fake Italian speech and you got fantastic writing.

I want Peach next damn it

Not that user, but the only thing I can think of is Bowser saying how he needs to go back to a Bowser tier level by grinding enemies after his first fight with Midbus. So if anything they added a line or two.

Shame. This is the first game in years that actually does something with Bowser Jr plot-wise.

PLEASE, I've been waiting for so long for playable Peach in these games. She was wonderful in Super Paper Mario, too.

Paper Jam and Mario + Rabbids already had some nice Bowser Jr focus.

>Most the remixes sucked ass

>Yoko’s actual new song for the game sits right next to in the final

Oh baby
youtube.com/watch?v=mQn8seklAr0

The starlow hate is dumb

You only hate her because of DT’s tutorials

whats wrong with "atopadado"?

I say it actually fixes some things people didn't like about the original, like the Fawful Express boss fight is fixed in this version.

Yoko did a lot of new songs. Even the main game had some new music (Both the Dark Star and Fawful having their own boss music).

youtube.com/watch?v=uylZqh7xORE
youtube.com/watch?v=K1PucNpc42I

>Wario is helping out for the promise of rewards and treasures
>Waluigi is helping out for the fame and popularity he thinks he would get
>their combo attacks are more improvised than Mario and Luigi bro attacks (think Wario chucking bob-ombs at the enemy with button spam, and Waluigi hitting ones that fall short with his Tennis Racket with timed presses without getting himself blown up)
>Mario and Luigi use hammers, while Wario uses his pure strength and Waluigi uses a reinforced tennis racket
> Mario and Luigi get KO'd by the final boss, so Wario and Waluigi end up saving the world themselves

Attached: 1539274225533.gif (402x471, 3.67M)

Honestly it's fucking crazy to me that they don't do M&L spinoffs for other franchises. This RPG system is great and it pains me to see it used for one series.
Imagine a M&L type DK or Kirby game.

Starlow should come back again desu

Attached: *AHEM*.png (597x449, 309K)

I don't remember having trouble with Fawful Express in the original, what was broken about it?

>All of the bros attacks from Wario & Waluigi are at Waluigi's expense

The microphone (which you use for Giant Bowser's fire breath) could mess up, rendering the rest of the fight unwinnable and could be inconsistent in general. In the remake, Giant Bowser's fire uses the touch screen, which solves the issue.

If I get what you're saying then agreed

Attached: Starlow cute.png (500x397, 125K)

Nothing’s wrong with Mario and Luigi in particular

But when your main characters can properly talk, it’s much better
Anybody that isn’t Starlow even

Yes. She is a very good character

Attached: Starlow2.png (431x660, 75K)

I hate her for shitting on Luigi for no reason throughout Paper Jam's entirety

Name a more peak Kino scene

youtube.com/watch?v=3xyz97SYPl4

>Wario bros. attacks themed after Wario Land transformations and Mario Kart gadgets
I've never been more erect in my life

Attached: 1535735779254.jpg (750x679, 67K)

She should be in every Mario & Luigi game from now on.

Attached: Starlow3.png (625x1086, 511K)

I didn't think too much of Morton before playing this, but now he's one of my favorite Koopalings, with Roy and Jr. if he counts.

Attached: kino.png (381x285, 215K)

My favorite scene in the series, actually the entire Giant Luigi vs Giant Bowser battle is. I giggled like mad when you had to grab Bowser by the tail and spin him around.

The Grand Finale was so fucking butchered. Yoko why?

I am playing it for the first time right now and I choose GBA because I didn't like the way the remake looked. The old enviroments look simple and cartoonish in the GBA but on the 3DS they just looked like they did some sort of high resolution version but kept it 2D and then downscaled it to fit the 3DS(???). I have no idea what they did, but I liked the look on the GBA better. I heard gameplay wise they're exactly the same so you don't have to worry about that in either version.

Based Starlow making you seethe

>didn't expect much after the SSS remake was a disappointment
> BiS remake improves on the original in almost every way bar some of the music, and Bowser Jr.'s journey improves upon minion quest and is written fantastically
What the fuck changed? that was a 180 in quality in the span of one remake.

This scene was pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=ThMDcQCg0bA

No, the 3DS definitely pulled off some changes, like nerfing some of the bros. attacks that could be done infinitely to have a "finisher".

So is this game any good or should I skip to Bowser's Inside Story? It didn't get a remake and I barely hear people talking about it.

Attached: Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.jpg (1600x800, 356K)

It's still probably the worst M&L, but it's still a good game. Definitely play it because there's no way it's being remade before they make a new game for the Switch.

It's alright honestly. The people who like it overblow it's positives, and the people who hate it overblow it's negatives, so it's best to try it out and form an opinion for yourself.
Just emulate it and play for the first few hours.

Why they did that is beyond me since the infinite Bros. Attacks are an exercise in patience and frustration with your damage dropping down to 1 after a time. With some bosses you'd be there for quite a while plinking A B A B A B A B.

Exactly. Starlow was an excellent addition.

Attached: Starlow4.png (1118x1953, 1.28M)

Recently replayed Superstar Saga and my god, its so refreshing without her.
I don't hate her as a character but moreso about her constant exposition.
SSS just has this great sense of pacing without the token travel partner that each game since PiT has

Attached: 1550639512522.png (512x512, 324K)

I can understand that. But people take their anger on the game's decisions on her. She's just trying to help :(

I guess there's nothing that can be done about the hate shes getting.
At least AD decided to keep her around instead of just leaving her behind after BiS

This game made me love Morton and Jr even more, now I exclusively play as those 2 when i choose them in smash

>Antasma was legitimately honest and just wanted his powers back and is okay with sitting sideline of Bowser because he already won, he just needs to stop Mario and Luigi from waking everybody else

>He goes fucking apeshit when Bowser betrays him

The absolute rage of this fucker is stunning, if you fucking lost that fight, Bowser was going to be fucking dead

Yeah, and I'm glad for that. I hope that she remains a staple and that they make the tutorials optional or something

Fuck that, where is my Tomato Adventure remake?

Attached: recruit_TA_designer.jpg (224x224, 30K)

Literally a bigger never ever than Mother 3.

A new tomato adventure with revamped mechanics upgraded from Mario and Luigi would be cool

This will be their first Switch game, mark my words

Eventually.