PlayStation 5 to be backwards compatible with every PlayStation console

Mark Cerny is the lead designer

Attached: ps5.png (480x546, 140K)

my PC has been backwards compatible for decades

>hints
inb4 streaming service

whats youtube

Does anyone really believe it will play any physical games you own, instead of them just being able to easily sell every old game to you through the PSN at laughable prices?

Ps3 or fuck off

I would suck his cock if PS5 had PS3 and PS4 BC. I'd buy it on day one. Fuck just at least incorporate the 90% of the PS3's library into the PS5 via BC, fucking do it FUCK.

PS4 backwards compat should be expected, if Cell is the main reason they give as to why PS3 BC on PS4 can't be done, then 5 should have no issue supporting 4 with the likely similar set ups they'll have.

They should hopefully be able to develop emulators for 1 through 3 that aren't god awful, but who knows.

lol PCs are for babycock losers

it will be hilarious if this turns out to be not true because of all the subhuman cock sucking video game 'journalist' bloggers were hyping people up with baseless clickbait rumors time and time again.

>we dont wanna make new games. well only censor japanese games

literally a lazy sjw machine

Playing physical PS4 games? Sure. Playing physical PS1, 2 and 3 games? Probably not because they don't make money off those and will probably need to develop an emulator which means more monetary investment.

Hope it is
That means i can get one at end of life and pirate ps3/4/5 games on the same console.
I'll finally be able to play those ~5 decent exclusives

Sony needs people paying for PS+. Them not having physical backwards compat gives me no insentive to stay with Playstaion for next gen.

All Sony needs to do is look how Xbox lost most of its user base for doing stupid shit. Sony just needs to put PS4 backwards compat. for PS5 and they will win next gen with ease.

You're retarded if you think they will actively sabotage their streaming service that they paid millions on for BC it's most likely that this is for PS4 nothing else

Mark Cerny promised 1080p 60fps in all titles before launch and it fucking struggles with 900p 60fps. Why should he be trusted?

>Mark Cerny is the lead designer
you know he is responsible for knack 1 & 2? Most likely bc will at first be only through streaming even thoguh the ps4 can already emulate everything except ps3.

THIS.
corporations realised they can still sell you 25 year old games for $10 a pop and cock sucking fandrones will gobble it up and demand more.

Looking at you Neokiketrashitpisstendo and Neo-commiefornia$ony

Glad I didn't splurge on the Pro when I got my PS4.

>can play PS1, 2, 3 and 4 games on it
>suddenly no need for overpriced HD remasters
Sure thing, nigger. Keep dreaming.

It'll be the last Playstation console, it makes sense.

>PS5
I was hyped as fuck for PS4 and look how it did turn out. You won't trick me again, fuck consoles.

Id buy a PS5 just to play PS1-4 games on it.
No, you're retarded. Xbone is the only real competition for the PS4, which isn't saying a lot, and the only thing Xbone has over the PS4 is its backwards compatibility support. It can play xbox and xbox 360 games upscaled with better performance then its original hardware. You'd have to be a mouth breathing retard to not think Sony would try to take away that edge from their competition in their next console, ESPECIALLY since it will help sales of the console itself and mean they can resell old games.

so this will get hacked and then you will have a console that can play any generation of pirated playstation game. sounds good.

Doubt it. How will they sell HD remasters.

>A UMD drive
A man can only dream

Attached: DgnQuPi.jpg (1200x900, 231K)

>people absolutely will settle for less than true, region-free backwards compatibility
And that's why this won't pan out the way we want it to.

>be backwards compatible with every PlayStation console
doubt

>PlayStation 5 to be backwards compatible with every PlayStation console
Like PC?

Sony would make more from BC than HD remasters.

Mark Cerny might be shit at making games but he's legit on the hardware front. He made Vita which IMO was underrated as fuck from a spec point of view.

You know Knack 2 is great for what it is? Also technically superb.

It's a PC with OpenBSD (Linux which can be used for commercial purposes), what else do you expect out of it?

I mostly want PS3 bc with enhanced performance, even then, I'm worried it will only be for select titles and not 100% of the library.

Running above 30FPS?

>Get BC from Ps4 to 1
>Old players get to play their games
>reprint old games for new players at a development price lower than financing an HD Remix
>Create artificial scarcity to raise demand
>drones gobble it up
>Profit
There. Fixed your corporate hardon. I want it to be BC because of all the PS4 Games I have without a PS4 myself. But if its not I honestly dont give a shit, I'll just buy a PS4.

My bad. It's a PC with OpenBSD and a $400 price tag.

>American telecommunications are still a decade behind the rest of the world
>Sony still trying to push streaming in America
I just don't get it.

PSNow is already being turned into a "Netflix-like" service similar to Game Pass. They added PS4 games to it that you can just straight out download, not stream.

The streaming part is just one factor of Now and as long as they have people paying for Now, they probably don't give a shit which way they do play the games the service offers.

In the long run they'll probably make it be "Game Pass and streaming in one service" kind of thing. Whether it'll actually be worth the cost is another thing entirely though.

They made a emulator console

Not that x86 isn't its own idiosyncratic mess, but pre-PS4 playstations are the all bizarre in comparison and not even broadly consistent between generations. Emulating Cell's goofy SPEs (little DMA-fed SIMD engines) may actually be possible on an 8c Ryzen chip through brute force, but streaming bullshit is far, far more likely.

>>American telecommunications are still a decade behind the rest of the world
???
isn't the other way around?

lmao no

Singapour, Japan and Korea are leading in telecom.

Dude, compare ex-Commie, gypsie-ridden shitholes like Romania to USA.
It's like comparing Africa and Singapore and not in favor of the US.

why do you think trump suddenly has a hate boner for huawei? They are simply delivering the better tech at a better price.

Gypsies are fucking angels compared to melanin-enriched people.

and yet its how xbox is going to do it. the only reason sony is even considering it now when they outright refused for ps4 is that it'll be a launch feature and more features are better overall, they don't want xbox to one up them on everything if they can help it. but if xbox reveals their box now then it gives sony a lot of time to figure out their bash xbox marketing if they're still in the game for that.

Sony is not "pushing" streaming. They are making streaming an option in case it hits big and they're not caught with their pants down. Same thing with VR. For now it's just an option so in case it does blow up, they have already a foot in the game.

People here don't know how corporations think. Their investors put a lot of pressure on them to do this shit so they can remain "competitive and future-proof".

It adopts new stuff too early, therefore lingers in the past for longest

t.never lived near gypsies