>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Enemy's turn
>Completely assrapes my entire team
>CTRL+ALT+DEL
>Last save was before the mission even started

This is why I will never finish this game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Imagine playing a tactical game without AP
LMAO

Then be more proactive with saving retard.

That's XCOM baby

You have no one to blame but yourself

>he has problems killing a few ayylmao's

Attached: EDFchad.png (2518x1024, 941K)

l2 position so you can negate damage and flank them in return, i see a lot of people complain after just attacking from dumb angles rushing in blind finding 2 groups at a time

Attached: brule.gif (300x169, 320K)

Wow, you suck.

Anyway. I bought WotC recently and thats pretty fun, but i'm hitting late game and difficulty is plumeting.

>what are highcovers
>what is guaranteed damage
>what is melee
>what is flashbang

stay bad stay mad

>Removed their cover
>75% shots,
I seems like you weren't even attempting to flank and you were firing from obscene range.
It also seems like your entire strategy consisted of "Kill them all in one turn" if they were able to assrape you on the next.
You didnt even try to mitigate some of the incoming damage when the first couple of shots missed by hunkering down, repositioning or even overwatch.

Attached: [Muffled ayy lmao in the distance].webm (900x512, 312K)

>Have a squaddie grenadier
>He has shit aim, getting around 20% ~ 30% when ayys in full cover with 5% crit.
>Gets mind controlled by Warlock
>Now has the aim and crit rate of a god, instantly killing any soldier he shoots at no matter if they're in: full cover, hunkered down, high ground full cover etc.

This game has some real bullshit at times.

It was a new kind of enemy that made like 3 moves in one turn and copied my unit with the bluescreen rounds and then I got the 9th LOST horde in 3 missions and I just said "fuck it". It wasn't even my A-team.

*Teleports behind the enemy with archon armor*
*Free 17 Damage crit with Plasma axe*
*22 Damage crit with shotgun
* Freely move onto another enemy with implacable*
*Guaranteed Bladestorm for 14 damage*
*Impossible to be hit due to killing the enemy*

Why did they make the endgame so fucking boring?

Attached: Skärmbild (93).png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Shit balancing really. If you can make it to mid-game in either EW or Xcom 2, you've already won the game.

Too much reliance on op abilities than gear.

This is why I dropped it. It is a good game in everything but the obviously incorrect hit chances are making it unplayable.
I personally missed like 4 shots with 90% hit chance in the first 3 missions and there was a moment when I missed 3 shots with 75% in a row. Now I understand that 90% and 75% but it is impossible to miss such chances so often. Either the game is not fair or I am unluckiest person alive.

>3 moves in one turn
Sounds like a ruler, they take a reaction every time one of your guys in their LOS does, shoot the fuck out of them until they fuck off or you kill them.
Stuns like the frost grenade are great for them.
>copied my unit with the bluescreen rounds
That's a spectre, those guys are niggers and priority targets.
>then I got the 9th LOST horde in 3 missions
They literally warn you at the start of the month that missions will include the lost, and you need to strategise accordingly.
A gunslinger sniper with good ammo is perfect for those, since i believe hordes only have dudes with low health, meaning one guy can mop up the whole pack.
If you've got a templar or ranger with bladestorm it's practically easy mode, just run him into the horde and watch the body parts fly.

Above all else, most missions allow you to Evac if shit becomes unwinnable and you want to save your guys/gear.
It results in a failure unless you've got a mod that allows you to complete the objective and then bug out without killing everything, but it saves your team.

Attached: DOOT.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Did XCOM 2 take away the fog of war from then aliens? I swear in EW if you pulled a soldier back, the enemies couldn't attack them until they had vision on them again.

XCOM 2 has the stun baton guys run 3/4 of the map into your back line which is so far back that it has no vision on any ayys, and crit them. Also I wish the game was actually clear on what fucking sight lines your soldiers have.

Whats a good early game strategy?
I've been trying to get upgraded weapons before the first retaliation mission but that only works out if i get a lucky scientist or black market rush.
And without them the first chosen kicks my ass hard enough that i usually take significant civilian loss.

I've been trying on commander but i might pussy out and drop down to veteran, what are the significant differences?

Attached: XCOM Major on Overwatch.jpg (260x194, 11K)

>I've been trying to get upgraded weapons before the first retaliation mission
Yeah, not gonna work, like you know it's pure rng to get them that early. Honestly the best thing you can learn is to take the L and gtfo with minimal casualties. Other than that flashbangs can be life savers at times, and just prepare your best soldiers in advance, and make sure they will be available for the mission.

Commander difficulty will make you lose some missions just because it feels like it. Still suffers from end game being easy as fuck though.

Yeah i figured it was pure RNG the couple of times i've been able to do it.
Will try more flashbangs / grenades in general before dropping difficulty, thanks.

Attached: Fancy pants.jpg (213x237, 9K)

1st retal is easy. On legendary you should start with GTS so you can get a 5 man squad. Rush upgraded weapons anyway; month 2 has multiple stunlance pods that you literally cannot deal with without mag.

>Last save was before the mission even started

bait thread, move along

That's how ironman works, faggot.

>play tactical game with AP
>risk management doesn't matter because you can attack like 4 times per turn
>movement is a bad idea because it burns AP that you could have used to attack instead
>so the best strategy is almost always to sit still and pass your turn to save your AP, either for extra AC or extra AP next turn or some bullshit, then burst down the enemy AI after it runs its stupid ass next to you

xcom's combat system is actually very good, it just fucks itself up with nade spam, overwatch and maybe the fact that unit HP is sometimes too low in relation to damage

>saving
>ever

Roger that, will work on it after carpet bombing the ayy.

Attached: GiantBomb.jpg (251x320, 14K)

god EDF is fucking fun. I hope Iron Rain is good too bros

Attached: 1511018659913.png (745x745, 1.24M)

>get one sniper maxed out
>win game

>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Take a 75% shot
>Miss
>Take a 75% shot
>Miss

Don't fucking lie. That never happened.

The answer to this has been and always will be don't be shit an lose half your squad every mission.
Ranked up guys basically never miss/panic in their intend roles.

sssss................. sssssssssssssss...

>shit that never happened
How did you even get to the final pod when your recruits keep missing?

Lie.
The game mechanics prohibit things like that.
Everytime you miss, you get a buff and at a certain point the chance is too slim to fail.

But I have to say, I had a 99% shot and missed 3 times in a row in XCOM:EW

They nerfed Rulers, right? When the dlc just came out it really kicked my ass. Managed to kill them but I'd say it was mostly luck honestly.

Rulers are nerfed in Wotc yeah.
Used to be they took an action after every single one of your guys did something.
Now it's only the ones in their LoS that trigger it.

They can only spawn on certain missions now and only do their ruler reaction when someone in their LOS moves or attacks

is this the best xcom game ?

Attached: xenonauts.jpg (616x353, 35K)

That's not how Ironman works, faggot.
Ironman saves after every action you take. I would know, I just lost an entire squad during an assault on a Chosen Stronghold in my Ironman run

>Doesn’t have a contingency plan for when your first two non-guaranteed shots miss
Throw a fucking smoke grenade or flash bang, you moron.

Unless you’re playing on Impossible the game actually cheats in your favour on dice rolls. Missing shots over 70% actually increases your odds to hit your next shot.

Not even close

Attached: xcomufodefense_ps_466135.jpg (500x512, 37K)

>It's an Andromedon + Lord Berserker episode
>Donde: grazed!!

Attached: 1530312310840.png (201x241, 123K)

>take multiple 75% shots
>no backup plan for when they miss
congrats, you're stupid