Is it possible to play a purely pacifist campaign and focus strictly on building a nation?

is it possible to play a purely pacifist campaign and focus strictly on building a nation?

Attached: file.png (1920x1064, 3.46M)

sure if you want to get raped by those that dont

Maybe if the AI cant get to you

Depends on the map. Building tall is a thing, but I haven't played Civ VI since V was such trash. You can't expect Civ games to work out like that since the AI cheats and knows everything so once you start getting close to science or culture victory they will nuke you or try to fuck you up with what they've got.

In Civ V yes, if you dont accept any embassies the enemies can never declare war. Pretty big oversight.

>is it possible to play a purely pacifist campaign
Possible when USA doesn't generate on your map

>play a tall civ and focus on trade and science and ball so hard if anyone does ever send musketmen after you you already have fighter jets and you can buy an army outright

In Civ V you can win pretty easily with just one city, so it's possible to never piss off the AI.

Its the only way to play.
The most optimal build is to pick tradition build tight 4 or 5 cities and never spend any resources on attacking anyone.

As far as I understand, AI compares military power, and if you are significantly weaker, they can see you as a target. So doing a purely pacifistic run with no army at all is not exactly possible. I think I just maintained a handful of units on standby as a deterrent.

>since V was such trash
Fuck you, I have over 15k hours in Civ 5 and it's fucking good.

no, civ is getting casualized more and more.

no, civ is getting casualized more and more.
>I have over 15k hours in Civ 5 and it's fucking good.
where is the argument in that statement?
>I ate poop all my life, its fucking good.

Protip: armed neutrality

Attached: WFSopby.jpg (960x540, 105K)

Yes absolutely but the AI will try to fuck you

Beyond Earth>CiV

This. You don't wanna fight but if a nigga wants to go you can go. I keep ranged troops in all my cities and a couple defensive units around. Deters the AI from starting shit and makes crushing barbarians easy

Assuming you still build an army to deter others then yeah, it's possible.

Don’t be bothered mate. We are full of shills since Gathering Storm and while Civ V has it’s flaws VI is outright broken because of the AI.

Of course
I only ever play peaceful on Civ, domination is boring

Civ was always casual newfag. It was never a grand strategy.

How is Gathering Storm anyways? it seems to be the same deal as Rise and Fall, somewhat interesting looking but doesn't seem to address my complaints with the game.

grand strategy games are far more casual than Civ. They're basically historical roleplaying tools, the gameplay is extremely basic and exploitable

Okay, that's just bad

your impressions are correct

is this like Civ V in which everyone will suddenly denounce you because you genocided a tribe in 5000 years ago?

not even true at all

The grievance system fixed that.

Enlighten me as to how is a shill since user hasn't played Civ VI and by all accounts it is garbage as well? IV was the last "good" civ and that's just because the mods saved it.

It had a potential but natural disasters and climate change is barely a problem and the Ai is basically killing itself in offensive wars.

This is what casuals actually believe.

I've played plenty of both
GSGs are hard to learn, easy to master
If you think otherwise then you're a casual and you're bad at video games

You are right, he is probably just your average retard.

Figured as much. Civ 6 is frustrating, it had the potential of being one of the best games in the series if the devs weren't a bunch of fucking brainlets.

In Civ VI? Hell no, they will declare war as soon as the cool down for the old war they lost has run out, the AI is super retarded. Even having far superior forces compared to them means nothing.

Anyone who liked Civ 5 isn't worth anyone's time. ded gaem ded seriez

Mods can save Civ V too. I used to hate it, but I picked it after BNW came out, modded it and it grew on me.

Depends on the GSGs. Nu-GSGs are safe and predictable, so yeah. Older ones don’t tell you if you’re going to be fucked in the ass before you do something.

Dunno about that, Teddy hates me something fierce, probably due to me settling in a ring around him and denouncing him whenever the cooldown ends. But because I'm Mansa and trade almost exclusively with him, I must make up 80% of his economy. He's never declared war, he's demanded all sorts of stuff from gold to relics to cities, but never follows through.

the is always the argument I heard
>Try Paradox game X
>it's shit
>"No you're playing the wrong game, play Paradox game Y instead"
>that's shit too
>cycle repeats
Complex mechanics mean nothing when player interactivity is so limited and most of decisions have one objectively right answer
They only appear deep on the surface

It's been long enough, there's no mods coming to save civ v

Attached: Civs.jpg (1024x819, 733K)

it feels like the ai is programmed to arbitrarily inject drama into the game (e.g. asking you for a loan when they're 10x richer than you so they have an excuse to get pissed at you when you say no)

it probably is possible but unlikely you can avoid war for a whole game, especially on a regular map

Yes if you're boring as fuck

Settle 4 cities next to mountains as Babylon, go tradition, build walls and put bowmen in the cities, afk rice science for 1000 turns whilst doing absolutely nothing and win

I'm playing on a balanced tournament map against 5 others, i close up the entrances to my area wiht cities and build up "tall" and they all hate it.

give me your funnest civ V settings bros

Uninstall.exe

Attached: 61fRuFgZGPL._SL1100_.jpg (1100x1100, 55K)

wait to get the full civ 6 experience i need to buy a a 60 dollar game and 2 40 dollar add ons? i thought pc gamers didnt eat shit like console gamers do.

It's not the full civ 6 experience if you aren't being horribly ripped off

Honestly, it wasn't an easy genre to get into and Paradox's new take on it (easy, shallow and ripe for endless DLC) just makes things worse. If you care enough I say pirate Darkest Hour or Hearts of Iron 3 and see if they make you want to get past the learning curve, I think they're both great games.

Years ago I would've given you shit and called you a casual but nowadays I just don't care about GS as much as I used to. Feels like I blinked and everything changed for the worse.

Attached: 1545468944740.jpg (1080x1080, 107K)

Vox Populi mods save it m8

That's a fan patch.

Darkest Hour is great, especially with Kaiserreich.

Yes. I only do pacifist games in civ. Just keep a healthy relationship with all the other civs and you can win with religion or technology.

I don't see any reason would it would be better than the other 4-5 Paradox games I've tried where I can find the optimal strategy within 10 hours of play which renders 90% of your options useless

Vox Populi sucks, has bad game design and terrible performance

I haven't played it yet but the new DLC for endless space 2 is about a faction named the Umbral Choir, since their whole shtick is that they're cloaked and only live in one hidden system there is a chance that no one never figure that you're here and the AI let you win without even talking to you

Attached: wintchoir.jpg (1199x644, 126K)

>Purely pacifist
You do realize this means not killing any barbarians or their encampments, right?

Attached: IMG_2274.jpg (1000x670, 26K)

Of course.

Going Tradition, settling 4 cities in total, putting a ranged unit in each and keeping enough money in the bank to buy one or two extra, then teching up like there's no tomorrow without giving a damn what's going on around you is the easiest way to cruise your way to victory in Civ 5. Works pretty much on every difficulty with slight modifications.

In V yeah. It's probably the best strat on anything but the hardest difficulties.

Harder in VI b/c districts but definitely possible pic related. In fact you can keep other civs friendship-locked so it's impossible to war you.

Attached: 20190222230400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 707K)

you can still knock them out though

diplomatic victory is the easiest civ win condition in the last two games.

I haven't got it yet in GS. I tried going for it but when I got close everyone started voting against me so I went for space race instead.

>Want to do cultural victory in 6
>Religion is super useful for it but spreading religion is the most tedious fucking micromanagement ever invented
>Barely have to actually invest in culture whatsoever for the first 150 turns, just build a wide empire and then put national parks and seaside resorts on every fucking tile

I won a tourism victory in Rise and Fall with like 2 great works and 1 theater square because the victory conditions suck balls

It amazes me every time how fucking bad this game looks after they showed how beautiful they can make a civ look in Beyond Earth. Guess that's what happens when you aim for the mobile phone crowd.

Anyone else enjoy religion in 5 and hate it in 6? it's impressive how they ruined something by giving it more depth.

Endless legend > any civilization game

The religious bonuses in 6 are shit and aren't even worht getting a religion for, and the religious victory is just spamming apostles, it shouldn't even be in the game

>after they showed how beautiful they can make a civ look in Beyond Earth
Tell me you're joking

Attached: 1421806857067.jpg (1056x1080, 501K)

>Beyond Earth
>beautiful
Holy fuck are you joking?

why is it so fucking oversaturated
looks awful

Go away phone shill, VI looks like 10 year old dogshit

I'm not arguing that VI looks good but BE looks like complete dogshit and you're retarded if you think otherwise

Casual.

you're a casual if you think that frankenstein of a mod improves the game

You are retarded if you think otherwise. Since it build up on V it improved the previous game with better particle effects, higher quality 3D models, better (and more) textures and a new shader for the water with the super comfy tiltshift/blur effect.

Afterwards we got the turd that was VI with mobile phone graphics.

>Since it build up on V it improved the previous game
Outside of the leader cutscenes V did not particularly look good.
>higher quality 3D models
It doesn't matter how "high quality" the models are if the art design behind them is total shit, which it was.
>better (and more) textures
Oh boy, puke blue and muted green texture, how impressive
> with the super comfy tiltshift/blur effect
Lmao I bet you're one of the retards that liked 2013 SimCity.
You're a V secondary who hasn't actually played any other game in the series before 5, your opinion doesn't matter.

Not true that they need an embassy to invade, but if a warmonger civ can't find you (AI is fucking dogshit at scouting) they'll totally try to get an embassy just so they can know where to invade. Embassy's basically only exist to tell each other exactly where your capital is.

Like is Montezuma halfway across the map is begging you for an embassy and you actually accept don't be surprised when there's suddenly an aztec city up in your shit pumping out furries to invade your city.

I was in a golden age

Go away VI shill and take your abomination of a phonegame with you.

It was designed with experts in mind. Try it again when you can effortlessly beat Deity in vanilla with Hiawatha.

>Vbabby calling anyone a shill
You're the reason Civ sucks now

I enjoy watching the failure of the AI waste all their resources spamming melee troops at me until they're depleted and I just turn and fuck their shit up.

I can, the mod still sucks, adding a paragraph of modifiers to everything doesn't make a game good

Indeed. Adding 6 more things to each tech does.

Kill yourself fucking VI shill, nobody wants your crappy eco propaganda phonegame.

no that doesn't make it good either

He's probably a 2, 3, and 4 shill.

>nobody wants your crappy eco propaganda phonegame

Attached: 1551001210507.jpg (754x326, 70K)

2,3,4 and 5 were all reasonable and good civ's compared to the VI turd.

The Zoomer has been exposed. Stay mad.
Yes, the games that were good before 5 ruined the series

Is this the best example of "a million flies can't be wrong"?

>9 yeard old game without any support and new released having more than half the players of the new game that just came out 3 years ago and had a recent addon release
fucking kek

I thought no one wanted it

No one who ever played a civ game before 6 anyway.

Now compare it to SMAC
Great argument