What does Yea Forums think of Conviction and Blacklist as Splinter Cell games?

What does Yea Forums think of Conviction and Blacklist as Splinter Cell games?

Attached: conviction_game 2014-11-11 11-44-56-72.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell:_Double_Agent
youtu.be/5g-dgf9BRRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Conviction was a pretty good game but a bad SC. Blacklist was both a great game and great SC (though the botched SvM by giving Spies autokill and not having FOV slider and dedicated servers) but the new VA sucked ass. Fisher is Ironside.

Conviction was interesting. Had some pretty cool art direction, I loved the way images would be projected on the walls when Sam was interrogating someone. But it had basically none of the functionality of the previous games. It was primarily a cover based shooter with stealth elements mixed in.
Blacklist I dropped as soon as I found out it wasn't Ironside. Double Agent already ruined the tone of the entire series, but at least we still had Ironside, but after he left, it just wasn't the same series anymore, all the characters I loved were either dead, had voice actors changed (and magically de-aged) or got the Grim treatment. So I can't tell you if it was a good game or not.

Garbage and slightly less garbage, both bad Splinter Cell games.

conviction coop was really good

Who voiced him in Wildlands?

Blacklist was pretty good, never really understood why it got so much flak.

Ironside.

Probably just people like this dude who lost interest without Ironside. Game is actually pretty good.

Probably because it was shit compared to Chaos Theory and Double Agent and sequels shouldn't regress.

Blacklist was horribly simplified, the analog movement of previous games was gone in literally every respect, be it walking, climbing or shimmying, complex interaction with the environment and doors in particular was dumbed down or just outright removed.

It also only had a single level that was anywhere remotely even approaching the quality of the absolute worst levels from Chaos Theory or Double Agent.

And lets not forget that they felt the need to literally force first person shooter segments into it. The whole games design ethos was compromised from the outset and everything about the game was worse as a result.

>absolute worst levels from Chaos Theory

there are no bad levels in chaos theory

except one

Attached: splintercell3.png (821x617, 202K)

kek

And I didn't say there were any bad levels in Chaos Theory, merely that the best of Blacklist still wasn't as good as the worst of Chaos Theory.

Double agent literally condemned the series and convinced Ubisoft that you can push out an unpolished simplified turd and it will sell because grafix

Unless you’re talking about pastgen Double Agent

>simplified

as if splinter cell was ever that complex though.

I know right?
Yet they managed to cut down on features and put stupid gimmicks instead

>Unless you’re talking about pastgen Double Agent
It's safe to assume that if anyone talks about Double Agent positively, they are in fact referring to the pastgen version.

But yes, just to be clear, I was talking about the pastgen version, not the fuck awful nextgen chink developed pile of shit.

dude what? you're one of those morons who fell for the next gen so gud made-by-retarded-5th-party-gooks version of DA.

PS2 and other versions of DA were made by the actual Chaos theory team and dev house, and is yet more fuckawesome CT magic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell:_Double_Agent

litereally

>"There are two separate versions of Double Agent. One version was made by Ubisoft Milan and Ubisoft Shanghai, which they developed Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and was released on the Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, and PlayStation 3. The other version was made by Ubisoft Montreal (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) and was released for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube and Wii. The Ubisoft Shanghai version features a completely custom engine while the Ubisoft Montreal version plays more like the classic Splinter Cell games. The games share the same general plot but feature different storylines, plot twists, and levels. They do however, share the same background music, a few cut scenes and all voice actors. "

Conviction was fun because it was basically Taken or The Man From Nowhere in videogame form. You're a badass ex-black ops operator that wants to save his daughter from the bad guys, that's it.
Blacklist tried to go back to the old Sam but fucked it up completely with the new voice actor and gameplay that felt like one of those early Xbox 360 cover shooters.

I didn't mind Conviction because it was so fucking short.

Blacklist is an okay game. Not a good SC game though

ubisoft shanghai made pandora tomorrow though, and it was great.

Attached: sc2pt.png (1366x768, 696K)

youtu.be/5g-dgf9BRRE
I wanted other game

Attached: 14595484773170.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Conviction was cool, made me feel like a stealthy John Wick.
Blacklist, I uninstalled after the second mission.

>Blacklist
Incredibly underrated. I thought it's was the best SC. It's way harder than anything in CT

It actually wasn't, but for some reason people seem to have this terrible idea that it was.

It's by far the weakest of the pastgen games, really mediocre level design, sloppy environmental art in general, really forgettable and flat writing, it was little more than a a b-team expansion for the first game and the only good thing about it was the introduction of the Spies vs Mercenaries mode.

I think it's great, just on a technical level it is very, very flawed, so I agree that it is the weakest of the first three games, and yes, it is severely lacking in some areas, but is great in others, although the voice acting is terrible, mostly.

and some of the levels just don't add up in the same way the levels from the first game do, and the actual stealth isn't as fun or tense.

Grimm and Kobin side missions are better than Charlie and Briggs. I also like the mission where you tried to escape American base in Blacklist.