Its actually fucking good

its actually fucking good

Attached: ace wombat 69.jpg (460x215, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLYctS5vTLWs6ILJCWhK
youtube.com/watch?v=iD34b9lnkq0
youtube.com/watch?v=6JUQCyx58Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
youtube.com/watch?v=GDisDDbOxZU
youtu.be/D4waXzyYWXw
youtu.be/f_UiIO3oAos
youtube.com/watch?v=H-z4rt3TRGA
youtube.com/watch?v=2atlpj7AGXU
youtube.com/watch?v=7khZnSP1ZV0
youtube.com/watch?v=2o_XGQ3EcrI
youtube.com/watch?v=H3bUAbklzcc
youtube.com/watch?v=1cZ4q9oCt9o
bestbuy.com/site/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-playstation-4/5756603.p?skuId=5756603
youtube.com/watch?v=DvMqMIG81gw
youtube.com/watch?v=vSrugAEH5MM
youtube.com/watch?v=-kVdCaczLE8
youtube.com/watch?v=JaedI0_iUM0
youtube.com/watch?v=AkPJpxTBFY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a PS2 game with PS4 graphics. Fuck yeah it's good.

Attached: bustah beam.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

why does most of the vidya kino come out in Q1?

2B 2016. MHW 2017. now this.

Attached: 1550843724656.jpg (300x294, 73K)

Do I play the ace combat games in release order or chronological order

Release order.

Is it fine to play 7 with only having played 4?

Yes, actually. AC7 is more similar to 04 than it is to 5, 0, or 6. That's why I like it so much.

That's good. 4 was the only one of the ps2 trilogy I could manage to run.

Felt like Call of Duty with planes to me
Not bad but not great either

How the FUCK do I SSS rank arcade in AC5? I swear I must be missing some huge bonuses in some levels or something. best I've managed isa single S when I hunted down every high scoring plane I could in each level.

WHY WON'T BAMCO DEVELOP A GAME FOR MEEEEE

Attached: 1547309881234.png (400x400, 132K)

It's literally the hardest one to emulate, so you should have no problems running the other ones.

>Felt like Call of Duty with planes to me
But that's not AC: Ass Horizon. AC7 is more like MGS with planes.

>Soul Calibur 6
>Ace Combat 7
>God Eater 3

Bamco's been great to me these last few months.

Attached: 1540950922775.gif (240x240, 794K)

I already tried. 4 was the only one I could get to work for some reason.

This. No depth, no content, shit story. Super casual game with no substance. Pretty average.

meh, it's okay
this would have been better

Attached: ACLC.jpg (1530x1952, 792K)

MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE

>Jump Force

Attached: JUST FORCE.png (913x2333, 1.12M)

>Be a longtime fan of AC, since at least 2001
>AC7 comes out
>Small release compared to RE2 or KH3
>It's everything I wanted
>Most longtime fans are happy with it
>Even newcomers enjoy it
>PC release comes around
>"MUH HOTAS"
>People complain that this game has threads on Yea Forums
>People drop and shit on it, because it's the smallest target compared to the big releases
>Say it's "a generic flight simulator" or "Casual shit", pretty much exposing that they didn't play it.
I'm happy with AC7 and I wanted people to be happy with it too. But there's people who don't want people to be happy with it, and that sucks.

Attached: 238248112.jpg (900x720, 33K)

>want to redo the campaign for more MRP
>remember mission 7

Attached: 1550640783725.gif (185x260, 24K)

Takes me back to when the "AA" game was the backbone of consoles, and not multi-billion dollar AAA shit and indie stuff.

Attached: post stall maneuver.webm (852x480, 1.62M)

Mission 7 is easy as fuck, just don't have the memory of a goldfish

Is AC7 the most memeable game since MGRR?

Attached: bpb0qhhe11i21.jpg (1440x2126, 242K)

It depends on your graphics card from what I read, use OpenGL on NVIDIA and D11 on AMD. I'm not 100% on which is which, but I know it matters. Check the guide on /aceg/

I'm surprised jpeg dog got so much traction.

Attached: 1542807255766.png (650x555, 569K)

What's his name again?

Attached: Mihaly_Dark_Shadow_2.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

it exceeded my expectations
just play 4,5, and 0 in that order. You can emulate them all

Attached: 1549494790009.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLYctS5vTLWs6ILJCWhK

Attached: shilage.png (1480x833, 2.02M)

bad guy

Attached: 1550080364829.jpg (1023x859, 217K)

Mihaly "you can diddle her and her sister" Shilage

KNOCK KNOCK, OPEN UP THE DOOR, IT'S MIHALY

Attached: 2898973707869911.png (594x376, 223K)

Mr. DMX

Attached: Sol 1 'Archange' engages Golem 2 'Brownie' over Chopinburg, May 30 2019.jpg (822x476, 29K)

Just started it up today and made it to the end of Mission 11 (after like ten tries of fucking around in the A-10 and using LASMs until I eventually got out the fucking railgun and did it easily)

I'm enjoying it and it feels really nice to play Ace Combat again and it's visually gorgeous but aside from the whole Penal Units arc it feels a LOT like "remember OTHER GAME????" in all its callbacks to the other games in the series

jesus CHRIST i laughed out loud when it laid that shit on me

>Mihaly A. Shilage
>Callsign Archange
>Means he's practically Archangel Michael
>Pilots a Wyvern in his final fight
>Satan sometimes assume the form of a Wyvern
>By piloting a Wyvern, one could say Archangel Michael has fallen into becoming a demon.
>Get shot down by Trigger, pilot with Three Strikes
>Three Strikes=Holy Trinity
>Basically Trigger is God's Avatar, tasked with taking down a fallen angel and kick him away from his kingdom (Sky=Heaven)

Attached: DxcuIlOVAAEIow1.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

>MGS with planes.
It's actually a blend of Call of Duty and games like Gran Turismo. Like car games, you just can't play Ace Combat games and enjoy them unless you're a plane nerd. Boring with no Depth, horrible gameplay, generic as fuck. It's like the people making these games are doing it out of chore rather than actually being inspired.

You don't play them at all.

>How to tell someone's never played these games in one post

Attached: 1547330618358.png (540x720, 488K)

I killed you for Brownie. I would have liked it that Trigger literally jumps at the bit to fight him during the retreat and smashed part of his console pissed that he ran off before you kill him.

>Gran Turismo comparison again
We all know it'd you faggot

Look at this cover and tell it's not the most generic looking shovelware-esque thing you've ever seen. It almost reminds me of big rigs.

Attached: 87888-ace-combat-zero-the-belkan-war-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1134, 175K)

>Don't give a fuck about Brownie
>She starts getting chased by Mihaly
>

Attached: 1480916042771.gif (264x320, 933K)

Literally my thought the first time I laid eyes on this game. I thought it's just some random flight game and Belkan=Balkan which the publishers fucked up on the cover. So I gave it a try as my first AC game to kill some time.
Best mistake I ever made.

>literally judging a book by it's cover
SOLITARY

Attached: 1549598016528.png (184x188, 47K)

Attached: 1539482478759.jpg (683x771, 149K)

I always knew the games had sick as fuck music but I never really knew if I would get into them with them being plane games

One day I decided to take the plunge and holy fuckin moly I'm so glad I did

Cheese it with QAAM, drones are easy peasy.

>Admitting he's never played the game, only judged them based on cover art of all things
Last (you) you're getting out of me, GTFag

Go play big rigs or something since your standards are this low. You'll probably love that too.

Are all your insults based on shitty 00s jokes from X-Play and other G4 shows? Fucking really?

Threadly reminder to not respond to any post with the words "Gran Turismo", "Generic Flight Sim", and "Bad Story".
They are guaranteed bait.
youtube.com/watch?v=iD34b9lnkq0

Attached: 1549346043297.png (710x656, 360K)

to me, it looks almost too lewd to be displayed in public. but I'm a degenerate and I look at planes like a belkan looks at little girls

Stop playing this Gran Turismo-wannabe generic flight sim with bad story.

>Shits on Ace Combat
>user gives positive reply
OHNONONONOOOO

Attached: dTcAHZc.jpg (800x857, 67K)

>flight sim
Holy shit, it really is fucking you. Didn't you get perma-banned yet?

What is it with this recent string of autists latching onto games and just non-stop shitposting them to the point that people can recognize them? Say what you want about old Yea Forums but this shit want nearly as big of a problem a few years ago.

Settle down user, given what he's replying to I'm pretty sure he's being facetious.

HE MADE HIS OWN THREAD
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1536869001493.gif (220x235, 1.02M)

Just stupid zoomers newfags

ACfag helped embolden them since he still came back and XV-kun sealed the deal. /m/ succeeded in getting rid of Clawshrimpy, but new autists took his place.

Attached: 1548113816183.jpg (328x248, 31K)

Now that's a jej

Attached: 2eb.jpg (480x360, 20K)

this desu

Non AC-fag here, are the PS1 games worth playing? People here mostly seem to talk about 4 onwards.

What the fuck am I looking at here, I've never played ace combat but I'm interested now

The (superior) JP release of AC3 has got an English patch and is 100% worth playing. Works perfectly on Retroarch using the PCSX emulator. /aceg/ has a guide on how to play it.

Yes. Especially AC3 JPN, because it is a sequel of AC7

Attached: Outmaneuvered.webm (1920x1080, 1.53M)

1 is pretty dated but okay if you really want to. 2 is great. 3 is also good if you play the JP version with the translation patch.

Play 2 and the fan translation of 3. 1 is kinda rough.

AC3JP is pretty good. Just started playing it for the first time myself yesterday. AC2 is good, but the controls are mad squirrely. It has a fucking stellar OST, though.

They're surprisingly functional, even when compared to the modern engines.

Just standard AC gameplay

Attached: 1548664597194.webm (852x480, 2.32M)

>takes the big hole instead of the little one
pussy

Generic games nobody has heard of don't deserve threads. They deserve to be forgotten about or else we'll get more of them and before long half-assed games will be consiered the norm

A guy performing a post stall maneuver to slice a ship in half with a laser beam. Be warned though that laser isn't great. Been nerfed compared to past entries. The games really are over the top though and you usually end up fighting some giant super weapon monstrosity and flying through a tight tunnel to save the day.

What, did your thread 404 already?

Holy shit. That was it. Something as simple as every guide I looked at and video I watched only said opengl without saying anything for amd. Thanks user. I'm enjoying 5 right now.

>oh yes goyim keep on playing your boring plane games and don't worry about your dying white race you stupid goyim

Attached: 1505425736771.png (375x444, 96K)

I'm chinese you dumb nigger

faggot

Don't reply to schizos.

>letting the fucking JEWS win
go ahead and keep playing your dumb plane games faggots

Attached: 27f75fee1b90a2778f10794deabc97de_disgustedfacememememedisgustedface_598597.jpg (598x597, 31K)

Jews are the best at IRL plane games though

Attached: IAF F-15.jpg (640x360, 166K)

Talk like a /pol/tard, get treated like one.

>PC release comes around
>endless bitching and salt occurs

everytime

Either. It's not like there's much overlap between the stories, if any.

Play it in release order if you want to feel like you were there when this shit was hot, play it in any other order if you just want to fly and blow and stuff up.

kill yourself samefag

Here, have a pity (you), nugget.

>Faceless Soldier
Fuck bros..

Any faggot complaing about HOTAS is no real Ace Combat fan. Best to just ignore them.

youtube.com/watch?v=6JUQCyx58Ik

Attached: Untitled.png (578x155, 13K)

It made me pull out my old 360 to replay AC6. AC6 is way better. AC7 is not bad, but shit, it misses something.

Of course most people in here wouldn't know that.

It's hilarious.
Keep making threads. This series is amazing and deserves it

>Of course most people in here wouldn't know that.
What's that supposed to mean? I never got to play AC6 but it looks like it's fun, I dig the cheesiness, and people say it's the peak of actual gameplay.

He's right though. No reason to shill for another Gran Turismo: Plane Edition.

this guy is like the autistic fag that ruins every kh and ffXV thread with his autism

I have a really dumb question but is this possible irl?

>being this salty because user is right

Haha, kid. Now kindly go an hero.

Factually wrong as I never gave a fuck about planes before but Ace Combat made me like them and the games are great on their own right. It's a much better series than MGS too.

Remember user, shitposters don't care about dead franchises. The price Ace Combat, Mega Man, etc. etc. pay for receiving new games and becoming relevant once more, even if just for a while, is that people will flock to it and attempt to shit on it because "that's the Yea Forums thing to do, right?"
It being a PC release has legitimately very little to do with it. Don't get in the mindset of console war shitposting. It'll blow over sooner or later.
I, for one, hope for this the same thing I hoped for Mega Man 11. That it's good enough a success to incentivize new releases and keep the franchise trucking, tempered with modest sales expectations, because this ain't GTA VI we're talking about after all.

Attached: 1449325858197.png (350x250, 6K)

>muh HOTAS
>mfw I bought the official flight stick for ps4 and its the best 200 buck I have ever spent.

Attached: loose.png (500x295, 251K)

>HAHAHAHA MY BORING PLANE GAME WITH NOTHING OF VALUE TO OFFER DESERVES ATTENTION xD

>What's that supposed to mean?
Most AC fans got a PS3, they never expected this game to be a 360 exclusive, they never played it, and in every AC thread it's shit on even though no one played it.

Yes, seethe more.

>40 posters and already 100 posts
Jesus fuck mods.

>It's a much better series than MGS too.
Yup, contrarianism.

Attached: 1487219618979.jpg (322x504, 15K)

It'll be emulated soon. Finally

If you had pilots and planes made of adamantium and could ignore physics, yeah. At extremely high Gs like that the wings would shear off and the pilot would probably black out, not to mention the momentum would carry the plane right into the side of the stadium.

>Space Elevator music is hype
>Plays for roughly 30 seconds in an anticlimatic "fight" against the drone circling around
What a shame.
Thankfully, the rest of the game was mostly great fun. Flying through the platforms during one of those "get X points" missions, the stealth mission where you hear marines on the radio while you assfuck everything in sight, chasing Mr X through the clouds and mountains, fighting Sol Squadron, defending Stonehenge (more for the hype than the mission itself), etc.
10/10 in what it does, no regrets and lived up to my expectations in gameplay.

Maybe, but good luck getting any sane test pilot to try it.

>MGS series
3 good games (1, 2 and 3)
>AC
7 good games (2,3,4,5,0,6,7)

Stay seething samefag.

How do you even do this? Serious question. I've only flown the MiG-29 (because I loved it) but it can't do shit like that unless I'm missing something.

Fuck off, fatboy. You know you're a net drain on society and should remove yourself from the equation. You're just too cowardly to do it.

Yeah, people meme out that it's bad because of the whole super cheesy "Dance with the Angels" spiel. Lucky for me, I eat goofy nonsense like that up, so I'm still interested. That ending theme (I assume) is also one of my favorite AC tracks ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
I hope I get to play it sometime soon.

>People are actually discussing a game, so IPs don't go up
>HURR, MODS. DELETE THIS VIDEO GAME THREAD
Rent free

Pilots will black out long before modern materials sheer. Pretty much every airframe since the F-15 on can endure far more stress than the pilot.

IIRC, only SUs and F-22s can do shit like that.

So is GTFag the next XV-kun?

He means that the troll samefag is samefagging here which is true. Don't take his side buddy

These games are a 4/10 at best, maybe a 6/10 if you're a planefag. MGS is one of the greatest games of all time and not generic shovelware flying garbage. Don't ever compare the two.

Brake to about 250 knots, let go of the brake, hit L1+R1 and sharply tilt the left stick back. It's pretty finicky, but with some practice in free flight it's not too hard to pull off consistently. Not every plane can do it, but fortunately the Fulcrum is one of them. If I remember right, the F-18, F-35, F-22, Wyvern, and every Russian plane besides the MiG-21 and MiG-31 can do it.

AC6 has a unique slot in the franchise. It's story is easily the worst next to AH, but it's gameplay is top-tier. The memes exclusively revolve around the story, and that's why people who haven't played it expect the worst.

Only certain planes can do it. Any of the SU planes, F-22, F-35,and X-02. I think one of the migs can do it too.

Its like Ace combat 4 vol 2.

Seeth

MGS isn't even in the top five of stealth action games. Faggots like you never played a real stealth-action game though, so you think MGS is something special.

>didn't even get to kill him for that

Sure him being forever grounded in his old age is the last laugh but goddamnit I wanted blood for Brownie.

Can I just say how fucking lazy this game is by making the main character a blank slate? He's not relatable at all and is a literal Mary Sue where everyone treats him as the second coming of Jesus. This should be acceptable at all.

Fuck. It's the Belkans all over again.

Yeah, but I love stupid shit like that. It gives me a goofy grin every time.
youtube.com/watch?v=GDisDDbOxZU

Clipping a bird's wings is a fate worse than death, user.

Well I'll be damned. Literally went through the entire campaign without knowing it could maneuver like that. Would've been helpful in some dogfights. Obliged!

Reminder that if you really think Belka is the scummiest country in the world that means you've never heard of fucking Leasath

Attached: CUM HISTORIA.gif (750x545, 333K)

You're right. Maybe in the 90s this wold be okay considering hardware limitations of a console but in 2019 it's just plain lazy.

Attached: 1549586987262.png (1250x1250, 344K)

Yes, it's one of the few things I don't like about it

Have you even played any of the other games?

>haha le bait, solitary xD
Make an argument at any time faglord.

MiG-29, F-18, F-35, and Su-33 can do a partial PSM, aka the "cobra"
Planes with thrust vectoring like the F-22 and more advanced Flankers can do a full PSM, aka the "kulbit"
You can't do them in most planes, like the F-16 or Mirage or MiG-21. This is realistic, only a few planes are aerodynamically capable of this stuff (which is honestly more of an airshow trick than a valid fighting tactic)

He killed Brownie. A dumb rookie in over her head. He killed Wiseman. The only fucker who'd be crazy like Trigger AND had faith in Trigger.

I want his death, not some poetic justice.

Happy to help. Not the most practical maneuver honestly, but it does look fuckin' sweet.

>PC not powerful enough to emulate AC4 without serious graphical errors
>don't have much hope that 5 and 0 will work any better
at this point I'm just considering buying a PS2 and hacking it, there's enough on it to justify it pretty much. At least AC3 is really fun.

Attached: 1515151916022.png (320x320, 8K)

Yes. One of them they even jack you off as a demon lord. It's literal teenage Mary Sue fanfiction.

>

Attached: Boeing E-767 (8).jpg (640x411, 36K)

Where are these shitposters coming from? I was thinking DCSfags, but they usually post webms. Just average bored Yea Forumsermin I guess?

so At Skies Edge is dead in the water
IS Project Wingman still looking good?

Attached: Should_I_bother.png (902x534, 200K)

Why don't any AWACS planes in Ace Combat ever get missiles fired at them or something? They always seem to be so chill in their job.

You realize you don't have to play the games if you don't like them, right?

I believe they're typically at very high altitude, or further away from the actual combat zone maybe.

Cheers bro

Snake Pit in 6 can get chased off if you don't cover him, but he's still much less of a coward than Ghost Eye.

Because they are 300km away from the battlefield, drinking coffee in their flying office, looking at blips on a radar screen.

Long Caster is actually doing his job from a van in a nearby mcdonalds parking lot.

I just want to you faggots to stop acting like these games are worthy of discussion or even somewhat decent to play. I could even say the music is constantly out of place with most missions. The Boss fights are just normal fights with more health. The MC is a blank slate with no voice, face, or anything other than the fact everyone literally loves him which is completely moronic and a textbook example of a Mary Sue.

Just finished it. It wasn't as bad as I remembered.

why you on a korean image boards complaining about games you don't like nigger just don't look at the screen

>please don't have any criticism of my favorite games please I want this to be a hugbox
The absolute state of someone with no arguments.

I just want to fly for Belka for once. Give me a redemption arc already, Project Aces.

Attached: 1457745838131.gif (640x379, 350K)

And yours can be summed up as
>stop liking what I don't like REEEEEEEE

>I want to play (generic country here)

Please tell me what games you like and what threads you post in, so I can ruin those hugboxes by throwing my shit around and screeching like a monkey.

anyone?

Just don't bother responding.

It's a game series that is liked for it's anime story, it's timeless gameplay, and it's impressive track record sans Assault Horizon, which is the literal example of "we want a broader audience" . It has it's niche, and it seems a lot of that niche is here.

If you're not going down the D route, do so, much higher scoring levels. And don't worry too much about higher scoring enemies, if you have the opportunity to kill them, definitely do it, but the bonus for having a lot of time left is pretty hefty too.

>452181410
This is really sad

>How can he shitpost at that speed! That's a phone keyboard!

Attached: Avril.jpg (800x800, 197K)

If it's not DCSfag, it must be one of the butthurt Jump Force fag

>

>Cuz this guy was Belkan and they love to stir shit up

Scrap Queen > Erusian Princess

Attached: Avril_Mead_AC7.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Some missions have a lack of checkpoints that can be really frustrating, fuck mission 12

For me, it is Count

She does top the Princess a lot, alright.

Mission 12 was ez as fuck, it's just a standard ground pound mission

How do u do this?

>There have been threads like yours in every generation
>And I have shitposted in every single one of them

Attached: Mihaly.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

>it's anime story
There's barley any story
>timeless gameplay
Yes, flying in circles to wait for a red box to auto-aim RNG my target is the best.
>it's impressive track
Ah yes my hollywood mellowdramatic music
totally fits with shooting down bombers and other boring ass shit. These mellowdrama-only pieces am I right?

youtu.be/D4waXzyYWXw

I'd be butthurt too if my shonenshit crossover got a 5/10 on metacritic

*tink* *tink*
I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE
FUCK THAT NIGGER WISEMAN
FUCK TRIGGER
AND MOST OF ALL FUCK BELKANS

Attached: image.png (187x186, 49K)

>not McOnie

Attached: image.png (186x187, 57K)

>452182312
You are by far the saddest person I've ever met, can't wait to tell my son about it!

Attached: Jaeger.png (150x150, 28K)

Leasath were tricked by Navarro

>it's impressive track record sans Assault Horizon, which is the literal example of "we want a broader audience"
>it's impressive track

>If I cut off the sentence, I can make them say anything

You are fucking retarded, you know that? You think people wouldn't notice that shit. Just say you were acting retarded already, this is getting tiresome, faggot.

>Listen Trigger, if this keeps up, somebody's not getting (You)s.
>I need to take the bait.

Attached: Wiseman.png (185x185, 33K)

You use thrust, brakes and pull up at the same time while slower than 500 km/h. It's a risky move because you'll be stalling for at least a small moment. Use a high performance plane for learning.

Don't give that fag (You)s. (You) me with your planefu.

Learn to reply properly, jesus

>Hollywood Mellowdramatic music
youtu.be/f_UiIO3oAos
???

Enthralling creatures>all

Attached: Alma_Resting_on_Ionela.jpg (1920x1080, 1.59M)

(You)

Attached: 1425698447875.jpg (1280x720, 401K)

gonna have to try harder than that if you want this (you) faggot

I love her! She's so simple!

Attached: F-4E_AC7_Flyby_1.jpg (1904x1071, 249K)

You mean she likes to sit on the princess' face?

Japan prefers Q1

Does 4 emulate well? I heard it has some graphical errors. Are those still a problem?

Attached: 220px-Ac04box.jpg (220x311, 22K)

I'm not a plane connoisseur, but I really like the look of the MiGs. American planes are just too vanilla.

Attached: 1550203830377.png (1912x1460, 669K)

Not only are Ace Combat fags favorable of fanfiction tier games, they're also a bunch of newfags who don't even know how to reply.

You do realize this happens every time a game gets a PC release right?

The closer it looks to a UFO, the better

Attached: yf23.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

HEY JANNIES

Attached: azfsda99h7i21.png (994x831, 459K)

Which planes that haven't yet included in AC series?

Isn't Ace Combat AAA?

Attached: Ace-Combat-7_2015_12-05-15_003.jpg (3840x2320, 1.1M)

>Hating on the music of Ace Combat

SOLITARY!

Attached: 1548542754184.png (254x256, 55K)

The updated guide has a fix for the graphical errors
youtube.com/watch?v=H-z4rt3TRGA

sorry still not getting this (You) faglord

>won't even defend his shit music taste anymore

Seeing the X-02 made me think, would forward-swept, variable-sweep wings actually be feasible irl?

You'd have to look at the budget to be sure.

Its only appearance is in the scrapyard in 7's intro.

Attached: f-111.jpg (780x508, 173K)

That guy is posting in a way that minimizes the (You)s

Spent 80 dollarydoos just so I could learn how to fly it, a little upset AC7 only had its fat 2-seat brother.

Attached: 1550996242288.png (3840x2160, 2.91M)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SOLITARY!
SOLITARY MUH EBIC MAY MAY REDDIT LE UPBOAT FOR SOLITARYYYYYYYYY

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES Xd LE BOAT VOAT Xd ASS TRIGGER FOR SOLITARY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAY XdddD

Try and catch this (You) fag

Sukhoi wanted to give it a shot back before the Soviet Union kicked the bucket. Too bad the 47 doesn't do this.

Attached: S-32 wing folding.gif (400x248, 46K)

Boeing 787

>There are three things I'm good at. Planning escapes, remembering phone numbers, and replying to bait.

Attached: Avril.png (1920x1080, 690K)

F8 Crusader
Electric Lightning
Mig19
A-4
F-111
YF-12

Cold War AC when

Attached: 403972main_ECN-4767_full_full.jpg (3000x2013, 703K)

Pancake

Attached: X-44_Manta.jpg (1590x754, 221K)

Wait, which one was the score mission with all the platforms and ships?

I don't think so, Project Aces is pretty small. Compared to your average big EA/Ubi release I doubt it has even a tenth of the developers.

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING

Attached: alvin-h-davenport-chopper-ace-combat-5-the-unsung-war-16.7.jpg (210x240, 12K)

While it's disappointing that AC7 doesn't have great HOTAS support, they never explicitly said they would support anything beyond the four models they specifically endorsed.

Attached: 1549094197780.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Not the exact same thing, but the FB-22's in 5, X, and X2.

11th

as this is my first ace combat game, should i even bother with the story? i try to follow along but find it hard to pay attention, and a lot of the time i just want to skip the pre-mission briefings because, you know, i want to play the actual game.

What kind of challenges can I go for when replaying these games?
Ace Difficulty? S Ranks?

Attached: Yellow_Squadron_over_water.jpg (800x600, 102K)

Mission 11
That one was also ez if you brought the right weapons, taking out the all north platforms cores can net you 15,000 pts in less than a minute

It just feels very AAA going off the production values and how "cinematic" it feels. But Japan has always been good at making something small seem much grander than it is through clever design.

If you don't play AC with HOTAS then you might as well kill yourself

If you bought something like an X-56 or a Warthog for AC7, you are clinically retarded.

Attached: fb000082fec79510f79dce158604e66f.jpg (889x1000, 104K)

Watch the mission briefings at the very least. They're important for deciding what plane configuration to take into the battle.

Briefings are unironically important in AC, all missions have very different parameters and "gimmicks" that'd probably kick your ass if you didn't pay attention to the briefings

Attached: 1550322624811.png (665x598, 271K)

Doesn't it make you an easy target slowing down so much?

The story is designed to be relatively self-contained, it loses some weight here and there if you're not familiar with other games but it's not the end of the world. But user is right, the briefings are important so you have an idea of what you're going up against and why.

Attached: 1449349516054.jpg (375x500, 33K)

this
The prerendered cutscenes are a side story that give story context, the actual briefings are important for strategizing beforehand.

>and how "cinematic" it feels
That's AC for you. It's amazing how they make plane cutscenes look cool even if they're just flying in a straight line.

Yes that's the whole point, PSM's are risky but can be very powerful if used at the right time/place

There are achievements for
>no damage campaign run
>guns only run
>a speedrun of less than 4 hours

In addition to S-ranking missions on Ace.

While playing Ace Combat with a HOTAS is great, it only ever required a console-tier HOTAS, which is what the HORI Flightsticks and the Thrustmaster T.Fligh HOTAS One/4 are.

Attached: 1200px-AceCombat6AceEdge.jpg (1200x888, 129K)

Collect medals, go ace hunting, do specific loadouts, could be your planefu or the shittiest plane (hint : MiG 21 is NOT the shittiest plane) or something. There are medals for MG only run, no damage run, and 4 hour run. Looking for extra dialogues are fun too (there are triggers to some dialogue, or simply staying long enough before completing the mission).

I wish more ACs were on PC. I really want to play more of them, especially Zero and AC6, but I'm not going back to those systems.

How much are these flightsticks anyway? I've never played the game with anything but a controller.

AC5 and Zero emulate well if you have a decent PC.
AC2, AC3 and ACX emulate well even on toasters.

>AC threads are no longer comfy now
7 was a fucking mistake

Attached: 946.png (946x532, 305K)

Is that a fighter jet lightsaber?

>7 on PC was a mistake

ftfy

No, listen and pay attention to everything or you'll be in a world of pain during missions because you'll barely understand your purpose and what you actually need to do in critical moments
Like IGN ended up doing and bitching because "it's too hard"

It'll die down in a few months. This is simply the price we pay for AC being back in the spotlight for once.

Shut the fuck up

>never listen to briefings
>never get caught off guard either because i never use attackers in campaign mode
Fags having to fight off enemy planes in their A-10 will never stop making me laugh.

Attached: 1548316248188.jpg (1125x1109, 98K)

That shit happened to me in 6 when I brought along a F-117 to the desert level before Weapons of Mass Destruction. I never knew Strigon team would appear, and I got my ass fucking handed to me

The thing is, you don't need to "support" anythint, at least not on PC. You should be able to plug in a Guitar Hero controller or a racing wheel, and map those buttons. If only some controllers work, it's because the devs specifically wanted restrict the game. Which just seems silly to me. Glad I got this on PS4, I'd be butthurt if my T16000 didn't work.

All the sticks I posted so far are OOP, and the first was JP only, so good luck with that

The AC7 version of the HORI stick is also out of stock, leaving just pic related and it's PS4 variant at about 75 usd

Attached: My TFlight HOTAS One.jpg (960x850, 298K)

I wonder what kind of content we can expect for the DLC.

Attached: 20190222054622_1.jpg (1600x900, 174K)

>tfw I just kill enemy drones/planes with the A-10 anyway

Attached: 1550971651873.png (959x691, 440K)

Imagine chasing missiles with an A-10 in mission 13

Fuck your safespace

Yeah, from what I heard, you can't even rebind the keyboard and mouse controls in AC7!

We know that we're getting the Falken, the Morgan, and mini-campaign against the most evil character in AC history

The game is very easily completeable the entire way through with an A-10 on normal mode.

You never actually need attackers anyway. The only game where attackers were useful is actually Infinity because of how hard some targets were, but in all the mainline games this never happens, all the ground targets are AAs or Sams that anything can shot down

Hopefully idolplanes

Is there any indication if the Falken and Morgan will have high-end special weapons too?
I want to fly a ridiculously OP superweapon around.

They had those in previous games didn't they?

Attached: 1550779254385.jpg (1080x1080, 180K)

The Falken of course had it's laser, the Morgan had a laser and a fuck-everything burst-missile

Isn't it a funny coincidence that DCSfag only shitposts during Euro time?

Attached: DCSfag_appears_behind_you.png (373x136, 4K)

Don't forget.
"Trigger's taking that Beast head on."
"I see the mark on his tail."

Is this the same fag as the one who goes XDXDXD LEDDIT whenever he sees the solitary meme?

Attached: 1550754116909.png (637x382, 34K)

Yup, same guy. Hell, he did it here already.

the thing with forward swept wings is forces are already trying to rip them off the plane. weakening them further by putting joints in them isn't the best idea

Thanks. I was hoping to hear that.

In 4 was there some special deal with the asteroids or was it just something that happened? Felt like a big coincidence that another set of asteroids hit during the final mission against the replacement superweapon. Like I missed something important.

AHL+ > AC2

Prove me wrong

Attached: AC 3 x 3.jpg (900x900, 481K)

The whole point of Megalith was that it was going to weaponize asteroid fragments still in Earth's orbit by deorbiting them with missiles and lasers, and send them crashing into cities across Usea

youtube.com/watch?v=2atlpj7AGXU
Still the best credits music bar none, you cannot refute this.

Attached: Yo buddy.jpg (253x253, 9K)

Ohh I thought it was for the same purpose as the last, shoot asteroids and then long range missiles.

You can tell AC3 is the most kino just by the box art

>AHL+
Does it work well on emulators yet?
Also what's the difference with AC 3D?

youtube.com/watch?v=7khZnSP1ZV0
*blocks ur path*

AC 3D Cross Rumble is just the JP name for Assualt Horizon Legacy.

Note the rest of the covers are the JP versions.

So Erusea = France?

>first time playing 5
>8492 in a F-117

Attached: YAMERO.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

I haven't spent much of a while with any new game for a whole bunch of years, but in AC7 (got it on PC release day) I've clocked 54 hours so far. That might not be much for some of you guys but for me it's like another world. I lost faith in finding a game that I'd want to go back to and replay. Just wanted to say that. Amazing game.

Attached: 1547326357714.jpg (998x768, 178K)

"Arsenal Bird?"

"Drones?"

"Space Elevator!"

"SOLITARY! TAKE HIM!"

how exactly did i kill the president? i didnt have any missiles left, who defended me in court? a piece of moldy bread?

Attached: intredasting.jpg (303x251, 13K)

I liked 6 cover the most, dunno why. Maybe because there are a lot of planes and ships depicting the war is not only yours to fight, but many.

>2 days until I build my new desktop and depart from low settings 30 fps
this will be one of the first to install

Attached: 84E0F9722183488A9DDEC8D89D0C72B6.jpg (500x385, 65K)

Was that not obvious from AC4
>Jean-Louis

You cannot prove that Trigger isn't a dog.

You're a scapegoat, so probably a mock trial and anyone relevant isn't allowed to say their piece.

keep playing and you'll find out

>who defended me

Clown, probably. It does suck we never see him or Knocker again after that mission.

Attached: Trigger.png (708x874, 105K)

You actually gotta be scared of that white girl who has a ton of black friends

If you shoot down the drones via guns a missile will appear from behind you and shoot Harling. It's from an umanned plane to boot.

It is later revealed that Harling was shot down by a drone disguised as an Osean fighter

>best track in the game belongs to a gimmick mission
youtube.com/watch?v=2o_XGQ3EcrI

In AC6 Snake Eye gets attacked in a few missions and you have to intercept

>best track in the game
But that's not Lost Hope
youtube.com/watch?v=H3bUAbklzcc

>finishes mission 20
>game gives me 900k
>cool, I almost have the money for the x02, I should simply pay Mission 20 again
>play mission 20 again
>game gives me just 100k

Attached: ....gif (250x250, 1.51M)

i don't understand why they made the game so fucking bullshit hard in some parts

what are you talking about
7 is one of the easier entries in the series

So you can stop being a bitch and learn your controls

It's a AAA game for AA price

>Got cucked out of killing the F-22 ace twice in consecutive attempts by seconds

Just fucking DIE you fuck

That's my jam.

It's the best of the faster tracks. As for slower ones, I like this one. It hits the mark on the whole "from despair to resolve" trope.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cZ4q9oCt9o

The game is an arcade funbox best played with controller to get most out of it, flight sticks are just not intended for the gameplay.

PCSX2 was recently patched to fix the graphical errors on hardware mode which will definately be the easiest way to play it. I played at 2x native res with a 960m with constant 60FPS

There's also tanks (which take TWO missiles to kill) and some of the score attack missions have boats, but sinking them isn't required to get enough points. So yeah. No need for attackers or bombers.

Looks cool but I dont think its worth the price tag just yet, Ill wait and see

If 11 is the naval op unlock an f/a 18. It has an anti ship missile which makes fleet destruction so easy it's criminal

>escort missions
>score missions with a ridiculously strict timelimits
i'm enjoying the game well enough, but the mission design is really hit or miss

True, the F4 knocks the shit out of any ground fotarget, and they become even easier pickings with the YF-23. UGBs rip apart anything.

Blowing up all the cores alone is enough to hit the score threshold on ace.

Agree
but ostwise AC2>>>>>>ACAHL

This is about Cape Rainy Assault isn't it
It's my favorite mission by far

>score missions with a ridiculously strict timelimits
How bad do you have to be to think the timelimits are anything but lenient as fuck, let alone "strict"
And the only bad escort mission was mission 10, the rest were fine

i really don't like the weather gimmick

F-15C with PSL is the only acceptable way to clear that mission

Reminder:

BORDERS ARE GOOD
BELKANS ARE BAD
And God made Eruseans to constantly lose their capital

That is all. Carry on.

You have to play through the whole campaign again to get that 765k bonus I think

>mission 10
follow the missile trails and they'll lead you to where the SAM sites are

I unironically love the weather gimmick and I wished they did more with it
AC8 better have us flying through hurricanes, tornadoes, supercells and volcanic ash

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

>it's a I don't use bombs so I fly straight down and shoot at ground targets mission
I feel like I am doing these things completely wrong but it seems to always work.

no, i actually beat it on my first try without any problems. for me it's mostly missions 8, 11 and 12. i'm on mission 17 atm, so i don't have an opinion on the rest of the missions.

This is my first ace combat game and i just reached stage 6. To me it feels like 15 minutes are not enough to get 17k points. I used air to ground missiles but it seems like the buildings aren't worth much. I think im bad at the game, i mean i thought for a lot of time that F was the keybind for chaff and i changed weapons so that i could change targets. For the longest time i thought lockon was automatic. Any tips?

The F-15 is the only plane you should use in that mission considering the Strider intro.

The mission where you have to escort some guy while having your radar down and have to identify each target almost broke me. it doesn't help you have two mission with that shit

>He couldn't squeeze through the radar sites because of the current

I know, but that mission is bad because you're just sitting around doing nothing after you destroy the sam sites, waiting for the next group of fighters to spawn, it's the only mission where I feel like I'm babysitting a big, slow, open target
All the rest were fine

There are 3 bombers that spawn at the closest base. Those are like 1.2k points each.

This is my issue.

Destroy the bombers
Take out the Gripens in the tunnel before they take off (they won't show up as targets but you can still gun them down)
The drones give you a lot of pts and can all be downed in one missile

I found all the bomb variants far more effective. got 31k on my first fleet try with unguided

To be fair you are babysitting the cargo.

You can basically understand everything that goes on in any AC story if you just take one look at the "Strangereal" world map and take note of where [countries at war in X game] are located and what their geography is like.

So i should go for the LAAMs?

I love 11 and 12 though, they both reward speedy bombing and using special weapons wisely. 8 is a bit filler tho yeah.

The bombers are on the ground so you can literally bomb them to pieces before they take off.

Yeah but it's the only one that feels tedious and boring
Cape Rainy and Last Hope were fine since the escorts could hold their own most of the time and you had plenty of other targets to attack

Take out actual threats (fighters, SAM sites) with missiles, then slow down and use the machine gun to clean up. A single slow strafing pass kills more than five panicked flyovers firing two missiles each. Also early planes don't have big enough payloads to wipe out the entire map - sure you can go to the return line, but that takes time.

Use bombs, rockets, or air-to-ground missiles
Were you taking A2A missiles on a ground pound mission this whole time?

See the base that's in the middle of bigass cliffs? Where everything's spread out and in a million canyons? Ignore it. Only go for the airfield (closest enemy base to spawn) and the farthest base that's wide out in the open. Maybe the smaller outposts and truck convoys too if you're bored. Should be easy to get to the point minimum before the drones spawn, then you can just run away for five minutes if you're not confident in taking them on.

>F 22 gest all the OP special weapons
>su 57 gets nothing good
why ? just give it some QAAM at least

I'm a DCS fag and I am planning on 100%ing Ace Combat 7.

Who said it's one or the other?
Plus, AC7 does not have my planefu whereas DCS does.

bestbuy.com/site/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-playstation-4/5756603.p?skuId=5756603
first time i've seen it on sale so far. gonna pick it up today.

Anyone here remember Dropship? AC7 is kinda giving me good vibes from it, just with less variety.

Attached: dropship.jpg (353x500, 35K)

I'm pretty sure he isn't referring to you.

just got the game, never played one before. what am I in for? anything I should do first? I read that the controls need to be expert and not much else.

Attached: aa.jpg (252x244, 19K)

I took the air-to-ground first and went for the cliff base. I reached the point where the drones appear and failed. The second time i went for A2A and went to the third base after defeating the base near the spawn point. I chose A2A for the drones since they are much easier to deal with.

>su 57 gets nothing good
PLSL wrecks anything on its path user.

To be honest many of us do enjoy both. It's just one or two guys shitting on these threads so often and back then they just mention DCS so much the name sticks.

Attached: Trigger you dumbass.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Are you from bizarro Yea Forums because in our reality the SU57 wrecks everything with its PLSL while the F22 got fuckall

Hold Triange/Y to padlock view enemies, this makes dogfighting way easier
Press both triggers at the same time while turning to turn faster
Most fighters take 2 missiles to down, drones take 1
Flying in clouds makes it harder for enemies to target you
Listen to briefings and radio chatter for mission updates

the demo for this was the first thing I ever played on a PS2. happy times.

>install Stealth and Jammer parts at the same time
>still getting MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE MISSILE

Attached: american-psycho-business-card1.jpg (250x187, 12K)

Ok guys, F-22 or Su-57? I don't know which one to pick

>AC8 better have us flying through hurricanes, tornadoes, supercells and volcanic ash
>flying through volcanic ash
I think you mean crashing through volcanic ash. flying through the sandstorm was incredulous enough.

SU57 has pulse lasers which are frankly quite OP and make everything a breeze.
F22 doesn't have anything else except QAAMs which aren't all that good for anything else except boss dogfights, which the pulse lasers do better anyway due to their very forgiving hitbox and because they don't cause the target to take evasive maneuvers.

>he actually had trouble flying through vanessa 2
How? It was so simple

it was based and darude-pilled

Attached: P&W_F119.jpg (1800x1197, 730K)

I mean that the dust and sand didn't total our planes engines strained believability.

i only finished ace combat joint forces (psp) and assault horizon legacy (3ds). i didn't enjoy assault horizon (pc) at all.
ace combat 7 is great, but it's way more difficult than the psp and 3ds games. i haven't been this stressed out by a game in ages, it's kicking my ass on normal difficulty.

...you do know jet planes can fly through sandstorms, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=DvMqMIG81gw

play 4 5 0 baka

i havent even used a single missile, just used my machine gun, and still have been found guilty... those sherlocks did not even check if i have even fired a missile

Attached: 1547496940089s.jpg (250x214, 6K)

Have you played AC5? If you did you'd know the Osean military tribunal system is all sorts of corrupt

Remember how everyone who wasn't part of Golem or Mage was immediately on your ass? The same guys who "forgot" to tell you about their plan to bring down the entire space elevator on top of Harling? Everything was premeditated, and blaming the newest pilot on the scene was their backup plan.

it's actually fucking boring

>start mission
>fly for 5 minutes before getting instructions on what to do
>timer is down to last minute
>"The base is still standing! We need to destroy it now!"
>time runs out and fail the mission because you didn't know what the hell was going on and you were concentrating on taking out bombers
I like it, but man I'm not accustomed to not having your objective shouted at you every minute. I keep failing missions because I keep dogfighting instead of bombing.

Because they don't want to admit their oh-so perfect IFF system could've been compromised

Rare exception. They ground aircraft during sandstorms, you know. Flying though one produces significant wear and tear and erosion on the airframe, leading edges, and engines. Prolonged flight through a sandstorm will, at best, severely reduce the engines lifetime and require major overhauls, and at worst probably cause engine flameouts and loss of power, depending on the severity and density of the storm

Do you not pay attention to the briefings or the pre-mission digital sand table?

I just noticed that planes fly a little faster at 75% throttle than at full. What the fuck is with that? That makes absolutely no sense.

Not particularly but I do have the attention span of a 2 year old, so it wouldn't make a difference if I knew what was going on.

I enjoyed how game painted the total collapse that would happen if our satellite networks go down. Really made me think

you've only yourself to blame

shitty jap coding

to fuck with the people crying that they wanted R1 as the throttle

I know, user. It's really fun, though.

You DID s-rank Faceless Soldier on Hard and Ace right?

I lolt when they first reveal that Arsenal Gird is being controlled by a master AI, when I realised I was flying around an ocean platform with giraffe-shaped cranes all around it.

I legit think there's a bunch of intentional MGS references like that. Luckily the series does take place on Earth so we don't have to wonder if they're in the same universe unless AC is a VR training program

Attached: 1534934368376.jpg (1280x720, 385K)

S rank-ing it is easy actually. If you get the ace to spawn it's pretty much guaranteed S rank

this is my first AC since the first one on the playstation

Attached: 18luq3pqmm23xjpg.jpg (387x298, 26K)

>rare exception
What? Planes regularly have to fly through sandstorms in countries like the UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia
youtube.com/watch?v=vSrugAEH5MM
Sandstorms absolutely reduce engine/airframe lifespans and performance, but it's not inconceivable a plane can come out of one safely
>Prolonged flight through a sandstorm will, at best, severely reduce the engines lifetime and require major overhauls, and at worst probably cause engine flameouts and loss of power, depending on the severity and density of the storm
You were in the storm for literally a net minute tops
Not to mention you're an expendable convict flying leftover planes that would get scrapped anyway so it's not like the warden gives a shit about maintenance costs or anything

>a master AI
Not just any master AI, ZOE

Fuck canyon missions

objectively shit opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=-kVdCaczLE8

Watching the shield drop from Arsenal Bird at the exact moment the vocals kicked in was one of the most hair raising video game experiences I've had in a while

That and Mihaly's introduction in the canyons, fucking kino
youtube.com/watch?v=JaedI0_iUM0
>>>
after you scrap for that first hit on him
It's a shame they didn't utilize him more, I would have liked to develop that adversarial relationship over more missions.

I gave up on expert controls around mission 6. I don't think the game is designed with the expectation that you're using anything but the standard flight scheme.

Like, the time limits are so tight that it seems impossible to be juking missiles while also effectively bombing ground targets etc with expert controls. Meanwhile with standard, you stay oriented downwards so you can drop bombs no problem.
(I mean I'm sure it's possible but it was a massive fucking difficulty wall around that point with the shitty planes you have that early)

Holy shit. I was just saying in another thread that a speculative link between AC and MGS is cool because the last couple of MGS games seem to have hints that the Metal Gears eventually develop into Orbital Frames.

(Which sounds less crazy if you've played Policenauts/Snatcher/ZoE since they all suggest pretty strongly that they share a universe somehow with MGS)

Attached: meryl.png (320x240, 36K)

Well I mean, ZOE was a thing since AC2

Attached: FALKEN_ZOE.jpg (320x240, 10K)

I'm probably the least skilled AC fan in the world and even I was able to finish the game on Ace difficulty with expert controls with minimal fuss and the time limits were extremely generous aside for that sandstorm mission, that one is pure cancer even on the easiest.

The game is absolutely designed with the expectation that you'll be using Expert controls

The Falken is so fucking sexy

Attached: adf01f-00.jpg (1020x665, 269K)

Which still works because I've suspected there were some references even in the older games.
Actually I think there might be a whole bunch of sneakily interconnected Japanese series where the devs consider them to share a universe Marvel-style, even though they've never revealed it and it's not canon. Especially lately it feels like a whole bunch of stuff that should be unrelated are starting to converge.

I mean, there's a reason I was trying to play this one with expert controls too. Maybe I just suck all of a sudden.

Attached: Williams_X-Jet_-_side_view.jpg (403x800, 80K)

>I gave up on expert controls around mission 6. I don't think the game is designed with the expectation that you're using anything but the standard flight scheme.
What the fuck, standard controls literally locks you out of features, it's the chicken hat of Ace Combat, even the game's director mocked the IGN review for using standard only
>Like, the time limits are so tight that it seems impossible to be juking missiles while also effectively bombing ground targets etc with expert controls. Meanwhile with standard, you stay oriented downwards so you can drop bombs no problem.
>time limits are so tight that it seems impossible
How the fuck, they're the most lenient timers in the entire series

Attached: 2019-02-24_0739.png (752x602, 58K)

The PS2 titles, X and 6 are all great. You have a lot of catching up to do.

>he doesn't spawn GADFLY

If you pay attention to your radar, you can be more efficient with your missile dodging instead of just frantically going in circles whenever you hear an alert. You don't even need to take any action if an enemy plane is firing at you from a 90 degree andgle, and you only need a quick turn a few seconds before impact to dodge one coming from behind you. The people crying about the constant enemy missiles are just pussies who freak out when their HUD turns red.

Attached: 1550773795278.png (248x252, 78K)

Use the F4-E and UGBs. You can wipe out two of three bases easily with those.

AC6 gave me something I never would've anticipated, a reason to own an Xbone. Is the backwards compatibility worth a damn?

I geniunely hope AC8 completely removes standard/novice controls and just focuses on strengthening the normal/expert controls so we can filter out all the shitters

How do I beat the 2 drones in mission 20?

just git gud?

Use brakes and thrust at the same time to make tight maneuvers

Shoot them with missiles, or use your gun if you prefer

Shoot them when they're firing their lasers, they slow down and give you an opening

how does it run on ps4 pro

Yeah, I know. You don't even need to turn, you can often just do a very slight barrel roll at the last second and keep your heading, which feels ace as fuck.

I'm in withdrawal from a couple things atm so I'm just gonna blame my apparent retardation on that. I didn't think it was affecting me much but I guess it's slowing me down.

Attached: barrellroll_9235.jpg (350x227, 16K)

Man, it's not even possible to NOT hit them with your ~100 standard missiles.

Now I'm just wondering here how you're gonna pull the tunnel part after you take them down...

>How the fuck, they're the most lenient timers in the entire series
Not really, AC always have lenient timers but for first timers 7 definitely has the most restrictive timer. Many here reported they couldn't pass Long Day and Fleet Destruction and Rescue only has 1 minute to shoot down the trailing drones so some might get caught up in dogfight. Escort missions I felt are easier to kill, god knows how many times they're dead because I was not god enough in low level plane.

Mind blown.

1080p, but nearly perfect 60fps. Occasional dips but only on certain missions and only briefly.

>just play 4,5, and 0 in that order.
Are they not interconnected anyways or whats the logic behind that play order?
I don't know why but for some reason but I've been hesitating to get into this series for almost a year now because its so hard to get a feel for it from an outside perspective

>pick f22
>pick qaam
>put modules for special weapon guidance, flight distance, speed and amount
>???
>PROFIT

Reporting all cockpit view fags. What's your least favorite cockpit view? The SU Fullback is a great plane but FUCK that limited right view cause of the copilot seat.

if you're hesitating, just watch Area 88. If that tickles your nipples then load up all the games.

That makes me feel better. Everything Mission 6/Long Day then has been much easier so I'll try switching back because I definitely prefer Expert.
Fighting Mr X., the dam missiles and that one ace drone were a pain in the ass with Standard because it fights you whenever you need to go vertical.

>Fly SU-34
>high g turn
>fire missiles when they joust you
>???
>they're dead jim

The gameplay is improved with each installment, so it's best you start with the most outdated one.

F-22 for canonical plane for Trigger.

The sexiest motherfucking plane with 4 (FOUR) fucking missiles instead of 2. And it's not in the game. That's honestly the only disappointing part of 7 for me.

pick SU-47 instead. you have
>forward swept wings
>best turn
>best missile
>best look
>get pussy
>UGB's are actually pretty good
What else do you need?

>AC always have lenient timers but for first timers 7 definitely has the most restrictive timer
This is objectively false
AC7 has 3 score missions, AC4 had 8. Only 2 missions had timers longer than 10 minutes, the rest were 10 or 7 minutes long and they had you flying to every corner of the map, hitting spread out enemies to even get close to hitting the score limit
In AC7, enemies are grouped into dense pods, and you can hit half your score quota in mere minutes with the right weapons, and this is with lower-tier aircraft like the A-10 and F-2.

I played AC4 and AC7 back to back, AC7 is far, far easier than 4

Why didn't they make a new superplane for this game?

Attached: 1533835138100.jpg (320x240, 8K)

daddy bamco needs that dlc money

Which one would you like to play the most?

>AC2 with an enhanced story
>AC3 with the after-simulation story
>AC4 with Yellow 13 as the protagonist
>AC5 with Yuktobanian-side play and the Grey men's arc
>AC0 with the hidden story revealing Belkan's jusice and Ocean's injustice

Attached: rena.jpg (480x360, 8K)

AC3 but remake with current technology.

Holy fuck thats breddy cool

So, basically the same fucking plane except one is a prototype and the other one isn't. Awesome.

>no Delphinus, Night Raven, or a myriad of other AC3 planes like Geopelia and that weird one Dysion had
>no AC2's XFA-27
>no Fenrir
>no Nosferatu
>no whatever the fuck that faggot from ACX2 was flying

Attached: 20190202192515_1.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

>Arsenal Bird's shield deploys
OHOHOHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Rip aniki.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>tfw second part of pipeline distraction in mg only run

Attached: 1517069152974.jpg (998x974, 109K)

>AC0 with the hidden story revealing Belkan's jusice and Ocean's injustice

Attached: 1547858817569.png (415x411, 155K)

>tanks can fire
>tanks can fire AT you
youtube.com/watch?v=AkPJpxTBFY8

Attached: 1550316893701.jpg (519x519, 33K)

I thought the third plane is the Nosferatu

Just put on the autolock part

Are most people complaining about this using headphones? I played on ps4 with surround speakers and the MISSLE spam hardly got to me at all. If anything was quiet compared to the other sounds.

>second part of pipeline distraction

What a dumb way to ruin a fun mission

Oh shit didn't know it could do that

Don't understand why niggers can't just use a fucking controller. Is it that much of a hamper to the experience?

Ace Combat - Earth Defence Force

Attached: 256774-1G11520041175.jpg (1024x768, 293K)

None of these
I want one set during the Estovakian Civil War, with allegories to the Ukraine conflict, the Russo-Georgian War, and the Bosnian War, where you have to unite the various factions in the civil war against a common enemy (invading Yukes), forming the Generals.
Oh, and more slavshit planes than you could count.

Attached: 1513803754196.jpg (1280x854, 123K)

>Trigger
Never get triggered
>Bandog
Acted like a barking dog
>Count
Doesn't know how to count
>Champ
Died like a loser
>Full Band
Died empty
>Tabloid
Didn't keep tab on his life
>Wiseman
Hardly wise
>Brownie
Well I'm sure that's the color of her flight suit before she got Mihaly'ed.

AC3 remake with AC7 assets and a true ending that unlocks after you've played through all the arcs.

AC8 which is basically the sequel to AC3 except this time it's not a simulation. Either that or an AC3 remake but I dislike people remaking shit since it makes them creatively bankrupt.

PC-only fags are autistic brainlets. Don't bother yourself with it

>huge as fuck
>shittiest special weapons
>still looks way too commie
SU57 is superior in every regard. Even YF23 is better as HVAA rapes single player sideways.

AMMUNITION ZERO

>High Roller
>lost the bet

>SU57 is superior in every regard

I can't get over how much of a disaster it is IRL

How long does it take to unlock the YF23? I want to feel like I'm a Macross Plus pilot.

AC8 MUST take place in the 70s-80s in order for the series to evolve. Fuck all this 4.5 gen bullshit
We need dedicated gunfighters, jumpjets, interceptors, interdictors, etc
We need to see "archaic" retro-futuristic superweapons
We need to see a fresh take on Strangereal geopolitics without all the Belka bad, Erusea bad, or Ulysses disaster baggage
And most importantly, we need a disco/synth-infused Keiki Kobayashi soundtrack

Attached: Electric_Voodoo.jpg (3431x2272, 439K)

the YF23 was horrid

If you stick to it's tech tree branch only, you should get it by Mission 16/17

I would guess it's something yo do with how they structure their business

I guess nothing can top the F22 cockpit. A practical hud and nothing to block your view.

I want the SU57 for those sweet beamz but I've mostly been unlocking a different chain so far.
I'm on mission 17 and I'll need 3,000,000 points to get it. Is that practical or do I settle for one of the other two?

I see through your lies you dirty B*lkan.

Unless you play a shit ton of MP, you need to settle for a burgerfat fighter

Did it. Was actually pretty easy.

Why is it bad? It's not like we'll ever get to a situation where an F22 and a SU57 will be dogfighting each other irl, so it doesn't really matter.

I pirated so I guess I'm a nobeamz peasant

It really depends on what mood they're in. Sometimes they'll fly straight and even 4AAM will hit. Sometimes they're in super dodge mode and the only way you can hit them is with lasers or guns. They're pretty random.

>angry miller noises in the background

Attached: Playing a fiddle.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

Of course it is, it's Ace Combat actually being Ace Combat.

I wonder if Belka will just say fuck it and make bioweapons or something. Let's see the top ace fucking try and fight that.

I honestly doubt all of those things and I think you're just a shitposter.

Didn't they said there are steamcrack that allows you to play with other steamcrack user?

There's been bio-agent mission in AC before, I remember some from 3, 5 and X.

MP was legit great. But meta got figured out way too earlier and all the QAAM shitters got too annoying to deal with.

t. Commander-in-Chief

The games mostly take place in the same universe but they're all about different conflicts so story continuity isn't vital.

The only games that have major connections are 5 and Zero but you could play them in either order to get the whole picture.

>angry campbell noises in the debriefing

I've seen them shooting at me but didn't know they could hit

I like how the other characters constantly suck your dick over the radio, since everybody is mean to me IRL.

Meant for

Oh shit, was there a bioweapon in 5? I don't remember.

>iji
Now that's a game I dont remember seeing in ages

Attached: Iji's hair looks so floofy in this pic.png (499x355, 16K)

All I want to know is that with a regular T.Flight HOTAS, can I use it with the PC version? Or do I need the AC branded one.

Reprisal
you know, the one before Four Horsemen

I might buy it to pass the time until DMC5

>Rena

Was she an autism?

BTW I wonder how many anons here have actually ever played the US/PAL localized version though.

Attached: PSOGL2_007.png (400x300, 129K)

AC5 from the Razgriz side sounds pretty fuckin boring desu. Razgriz did all the interesting stuff with the Gray Men plot and skipping that would be skipping the final half of the story.

I want to see a new region of Strangereal. Maybe western Verusa or eastern Osea. Now that Ace Combat is back we can experiment more without having to nostalgia bait.

>here's that gas bombing mission from 5
>but this time the bomb is sensitive, so don't turn too hard, okay? :^)
Fuck that mission. I would rather do X2's 747 mission 10 times than doing that.

It's one of the branching mission which is decided by how you answer Chopper's question about music. The one in 5 had great radio chatter.

Attached: 1502266427881.png (298x368, 220K)

*From the Yuke side.

Why is Japan BTFOing the west so much?

>not Rolled a bust
One job

idk, I don't know which version I have.

I had intended to buy it but couldn't for practical reasons at the time so I probably won't bother with pirate MP even if it's possible (although I probably won't get around to buying it either so whatever)

It's the second worst Ace Combat in the series.

Attached: 1550854774531.jpg (960x704, 82K)

>I would rather do X2's 747 mission 10 times than doing that
Spiridus mk2 is the worst tho and boring too at that

Shit opinion, user

The plot point about Harling being shot down was dumb. A military lawyer worth his salt could've easily gotten him off on account of the battlefield being a clusterfuck. And no one saw that there was another suspicious jet right behind him that flew away?

Yeah she was, blame it on the silverstone disease that forced her to be a spaceman

If you played 5, you'd know that Osea's military justice system is all sorts of fucked

They need a scapegoat probably

Osea a shit user.

Attached: Belka ball AHEM.png (415x411, 153K)

Yeah but... the whole game suggests that the characters don't have the big picture and there's a bunch of lying and manipulation going on on both sides.

>that image
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK right OFFFFF

You're giving too much credit to "anime military tribunals".

Of course Trigger was innocent, but the story required him to be put into that penal unit.

The point is that Osea didn't want to admit to their subordinates that their IFF system got hacked, so they threw Trigger under the bus backed up with faulty eyewitnesses

He's kind of a big deal since he took the credit of Blaze and friends works, and blaming Eruseans won't work since some people already speculated a friendly fire, to satisfy all parties they decided make Trig the scapegoat

>bunch of lying and manipulation going on

THE BELKANS ARE BEHIND IT ALL
THE BELKANS DID IT

Fuck this game for making the three nations involved the three whose names I can't keep straight.

Belka is like a mix of Germany, Yugoslavia and Jews.

Why did they make up such a wierd country?

What I thought happened which makes more sense because it's about electronic warfare and it references Electrosphere:
>Harling's copter was hacked into (his comms profile flashes Yellow, like the Unknowns) and they made him fly back into the fray to get shot down
>Trigger was hacked and made to shoot down Harling
What ACTUALLY happened:
>No lol Harlin literally turned the copter around to fly back into it to protect it (???)
>You weren't hacked, there was a drone right behind you that fired a missile that somehow AWACS couldn't see (???)
This game needed better writing. Didn't they scrap the plot halfway through or something and start over/change writers?

I'd rather have AC8 take place 10-20 years in the future when they start developing aircraft designed for fighting all the way up from stratosphere to the exosphere, and start to get away from real-life planes.

Attached: EPSXe_2016-06-03_22-24-34-270(1).png (1366x768, 455K)

Which country is Strangereal's Israel?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x480, 32K)

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. I didn't say it was bad though.

You should literally never believe anything a Japanese studio claims about a game's development either way

Mission 9 should not exist. It kills the game for me and I drop it every time I try to replay it.

Mission 8 and 9*.

The back-to-back double whammy of annoying shit that's so painful to play.

Every good game has its blemishes but I'm still astounded that no one looked at those two and said "Maybe this isn't a great idea..."

Although normally I'd want that, the whole sci-fi thing AC does with real planes is something unique that no other series does so I wouldn't want them to get away from that.

There could be some happy medium though.

Or maybe a bunch of advanced x-planes that can do that irl will get declassified before then, lol

I unironically loved mission 9, it's just Mt Schezna and In Pursuit but with nicer graphics

>No lol Harlin literally turned the copter around to fly back into it to protect it
They never answered the Harlin's mirror riddle, and the riddle doesn't have to make sense because it's the ramblings of a traumatized teenager.

I liked both missions a lot, 9 especially. But I can see why someone wouldn't want to replay them.

Still dumb either way.
>bunch of people die to extract you
>fuck that lol lemme turn this bitch around #YOLO

>mirror riddle

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Altitude restricted missions are tolerable if you're used to it, but y'know.

8 was annoying as fuck but I really liked 9. It could get frustrating if you took a leap of faith that there would be cloud cover on the other side of the mountain, but that made the mission higher stakes. S-ranking it was fairly easy, too.

Attached: 1549875772322.png (486x491, 281K)

It's really not that bad regardless if you're used to it or not, unless you're S-ranking the mission the radars are super easy to destroy even without LACMs

that looks more like vacuum bed gimp porn though

I wouldn't mind as much if more planes had the LACMs. It's just constant dipping into the clouds for the mach 9 missile pisses me off.

How do I get my epsxe to look that good? It's a jaggy, stretched 640x480 mess no matter what I change my settings to.

It was pretty clear from the mission itself that he more than likely wasn't in control. Crashing an osprey into the lower part of the space elevator wouldn't have done shit anyway, and neither would the missiles the princess thought he was "saving" it from.

9 was the first mission I unlocked railguns for, and it was fun as fuck to pop out of the clouds and snipe a radar

He's probably using retroarch, user. Epsxe is 2005 tech.

>get the A-10C
>its GAU doesn't do any more damage than any other planes' nosegun
>higher tier fighters the F22 have 50%+ more bombs than it does
for what purpose

Attached: fly me into the ground.jpg (750x986, 69K)

Filename says it's EPSXe but I'll check that out. Thanks

Attached: 6B3CFCD5-0F83-4214-90A0-9FFE60154156.jpg (1920x1080, 1.56M)