Villains who got away with it

I don't know why the game wanted me to feel sorry for Jowy, he murdered people, had plenty of people die in battle for him, ruined plenty of people lives by continuing the war and all for what? Because he wanted power to protect people? How is he in any way better than Luca Blight other than not being a sadist? Yet if you get the best ending he gets to live happily ever after as your butt-buddy.

Attached: S2_Jowy2.png (340x450, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/author/The White Dragon & Azure_Horizon
youtube.com/watch?v=xfh2URpmFOY
youtube.com/watch?v=fA_gDnwcdZ8
lparchive.org/Suikoden-IV/
youtube.com/watch?v=2sblLn63OHg&index=47&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU-I5cWz8EM7L0Fw6ReAE0Z&t=0s
suikoden.fandom.com/wiki/Kogoro
youtube.com/watch?v=fejbSLYacaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Worse is that he wasn't that compelling of a villain other than his tie to the protagonist. His motivation is left entirely in the dark for most of the game until one line at the end. At least Luca was entertaining in how evil he was.

YMMV on how compelling he is as an antagonist, but I thought his motivation later on was based on realizing the war wouldn't end just like this and one side had to go?

I like to rule the nation at the end and leave Jowy to rot at that mountain pass waiting for me. That fucker doesn't deserve anything better.

He's a scum. That's just an excuse. Absolute power corrupt him.

Ironically it was fulfilled by his defeat by Riou.

Like said that was just an excuse, same as the whole "black sword rune and bright shield rune are destined to fight" thing was an excuse since you know that's bullshit because Genkaku refused to fight his friend and they turned out fine. Only at the very end does Joey say that he wanted power solely to protect the people he loves, which is bonkers when you consider that everyone he's shown to care for in the game are fighting against him.

Initially while playing the game I thought Jowy was trying to fix Highland from within but after Luca dies he keeps the war going anyway which I found to be pretty retarded.

The game goes out of its way to make everyone like Jowy, it's sickening. The fucker murders Viktor's girlfriend and Viktor's reaction is "he must have had his reasons", what the fuck?

His entire reason is just to satiate the Sword Rune's lust for conflict with the Shield since the MC was head of the resistance.

Death was too good for him.

What the game could have done better if that was the view they meant to show was to give more on his side because DESU even if I think that's what they meant to show his actions for the most part were just shitty and you don't get a lot on Riou's side to show why we should listen to Jowy besides being a friend.

RIP Seed and Culgan too, if you ask me I'm not sure how they thought Jowy was going to replace Luca since he might not be a bloodthirsty bastard but he was still going to ruin things.

>Initially while playing the game I thought Jowy was trying to fix Highland from within
He probably did, and then thought that only his way would work.

But he clearly doesn't give a shit about the people because otherwise why would he keep the war going after Luca is gone? I don't see how he does anything different from Luca once he has power other than he doesn't have a murderboner and the only reason Luca started said war in the first place was because of said murderboner.

>but my people believe in me and I don't want to let them down!
So of course you got them all killed :^)
And he got Kiba killed, too. Kiba was a much better bro than Jowy could ever hope to be.

>Death was too good for him.
N-no, big brother... You have to... Be friends... So I can get his... Dick...

Attached: suikoden__requiem_of_grief.jpg (858x631, 378K)

That was really weird, he couldn't spend even one moment being pissed off?

Sup, shitlords.

Attached: yuna res.jpg (768x1024, 136K)

>realizing the war wouldn't end just like this and one side had to go
Which doesn't make sense anyway.
>no Tonfag I can't sign a peace treaty
>the people of Highland wouldn't accept it
And of course the people of Jowston wouldn't accept surrendering to Highland so we would be back at square one.

In the best ending he dies though.
That is, the ending where Fou-Lu destroys free world.

That's handwave bullshit.

From the same game
>I sure could use a career boost
>I'll kill some children and blame it on someone else
>oh? one of them escaped and became king?
>oh well, I'll fuck off out of the country and never be seen again
I really wanted to kill the fucker or at the very least have him executed by Jowy.

Attached: suikoden-ii-last-words.jpg (800x600, 57K)

literally all the fire emblem protags are rich spoiled daddy's kids who run around killing poorfags just because

Attached: SI_WiiUVC_FireEmblem_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 201K)

Oh yeah I only remembered that Rowd existed when I was like 80% of the way done. Did I miss something or does he really just leave the story never to be heard from again?

It seems like the writers just sort of forgot about him. There's not even so much as a mention as I can find. Man looking back S2 was kind of shitty.

S2 is a mixed bag, some parts were really good but looking back now I prefer S1.

Also:
> When the most hype part of your story is defeating the Big Bad and that's halfway through the game

My opinion is that S2 had two big things going on (Luca and your conflict with Jowy) but one of this was just much better executed than the other.

When you visit Kyaro after the final boss, one npc mentions that Rowd ran away overnight after Jowy's coronation.
Pretty disappointing, really.

I hate that I didn't enjoyed Suikoden 2 as much as the first one.

The battle against Luca is the hypest shit ever. But outside that I think the game has really bad pacing issues. You waste too much time in school for no reason and there's no reason to bring back neclord at all.

And yeah the Jowy shit is just awful. There needed to be some bigger real reason to unite the runes. Instead they're lead around by the dick by a destiny your grandfather was able to tell to fuck off with no consequence. Seriously that bit just drives me up a wall. Han and Genkaku who actually had a reason to fight just told it fuck right off and sealed it up. And there's no reason you need it.

Attached: luca 2.jpg (640x720, 188K)

>looking back now I prefer S1
Suiko1 was goofy at times but it was a really good game overall.
Suiko1 with Suiko2's gameplay improvements would have been god tier.
Gremio's death scene still gets to me, goddammit. I can't think of anything that emotional in any of the sequels.

Rowd was a dirty coward so it's fitting for his character for him to run as soon as things stopped going his way. Even if the shit deserved to have a court martial.

That sounds more like the writers suddenly remembered he existed and it was too late to go in and fix it.

Yeah. S1 just had a much better sense of progression and pacing. The quality of life improvements had were great and all but the story wasn't there and despite it's extra bulk it's mostly fluff.

Not to mention the story of the Soul Eater and all the people Tir has to face and lose including his own father is all the more heart breaking. I cared more for Odessa who we only knew briefly than I ever did Jowy.

Attached: Tirmcdohl01.gif (398x404, 35K)

Also I hate Riou's stupid baby face.

Attached: Suikoden heroes.jpg (763x193, 35K)

>The battle against Luca is the hypest shit ever.
THIS.
>ambush the fucker in the middle of the night
>after a volley of arrows he's attacked by THREE parties
>he's still alive
>eats ANOTHER volley of arrows
>still strong enough to duel you
>all those arrows + fights with three parties of your best soldiers have left him with 40% HP
>finally kill him
>"IT TOOK HUNDREDS TO KILL ME, BUT I KILLED PEOPLE BY THE THOUSANDS!"
>"LOOK AT ME, I AM THE TRUE FACE OF EVIL!"
Holy shit, hypest fight in the game and possibly in the series.

Attached: pigkiller.jpg (537x469, 45K)

Supposedly the battle against Lucca is based on a real event in Chinese history. And Im stealing this from a LP of the game,

>Supposedly Sun Tzu's descendant Sun Pin once ambushed an enemy general by carving 'P'ang Chuan dies under this tree' into the bark. When P'ang Chuan arrived, he called for a lantern so he could read the text. Sun Pin had hidden a company of archers in the darkness and instructed them to loose their arrows at the first light they say."

So that's cool. I really do hate saying bad things about 2 because this shit alone makes the game worth it, but everything after is just lame.

Attached: luca.jpg (320x320, 56K)

I like that when you finish the game and goes back to your save you can access a new Highland town and everyone there talks shit about you and your nation and are sad that they lost the war.

lparchive.org/author/The White Dragon & Azure_Horizon

The actual LP if anyone is interested. I forgot to post the link.

Attached: 2034647a5a077dad4633eeb170da3f5d.jpg (600x545, 83K)

Plus the grounding of why Luca had such an ax to grind matters a lot more than everything Genkaku and Han did, it's not even remotely comparable when you get to see so much of how he's a fucking asshole compared to a flashback.

Gremio's death scene IMO hits super hard because of the well-written foreshadowing. Did you remember Viktor cautioning Gremio and saying he just had an instinct for these things and Gremio later watching you sleeping and admitting he's pretty outclassed? That and the way the devs drew all those sprites just showing McDohl picking at what was left of him was maximum pain.

I'd say S1 just executed these deaths better. For example with Mathiu, everyone's celebrating and there's happy music and then it cuts away to him lamenting about whether things would have been better if he had just fished and taught to his dying days before he dies, showing that even as he pushed you on he never got over what he was forced to do at Kalekka.

>I can't think of anything that emotional in any of the sequels.
And I just remembered Mathiu's death. The poor guy was cursed with being a good tactician and a sensitive man at the same time, he helped win the war and overthrow a tyrant but all he could think of was sending people to die and blamed himself for that until his final moment. HOLY FUCK WHY WAS THAT GAME SO SAD?

This...FUCKING THIS. Riou's face is too retarded for a resistance leader.

Mathiu mind

How is Shu as a strategist? Was he good or terrible compared to other strategist in all of Suiko series?

> I can't think of anything that emotional in any of the sequels.

I thought V did a pretty good job of making you give a shit about your doomed parents. I mean you know they're toast the second you start the game but they spent a lot of time developing your relationship to your family before shit goes tits up.

I see a lot of people complain about 5's prologue but I really liked it. It really gave a sense of why you want to get back your Home country and was setting up your allies and enemies early on.

Attached: ferid.gif (640x480, 481K)

I really enjoyed Odessa as she might have lasted for a gust of wind but she had enough good sense to prepare for the future and had really strong values. Even worse if you read about what got her to form the Liberation Army in the first place.

I mean, Jowy got to fuck some fine royal pussy, can you blame him?

He's Zhou Yu. Literally.

Attached: Zhou_Yu_15th_Anniversary_Artwork_(DWEKD).jpg (2006x3090, 3.35M)

Wasn't Hero's mom in V is a huge bitch?

Kinda? She was being driven mad by the Sun Rune. If not for that she was a very loving parent and the burden of the thrown was clearly causing her distress. Which only made the madness worse. Basically she was good but got fucked over hard.

Attached: s5-arshtat.jpg (680x1000, 121K)

V's prologue was slow but fuck, that was some damned good writing that set the stakes the entire game.

Only because of the Sun Rune she was forced to wear to safeguard it. Without the missing Dawn Rune to keep it in check she became an egomaniacal bitch in danger of nuking an entire land and IIRC it did happen in the past.

>Viktor cautioning Gremio and saying he just had an instinct for these things
Viktor taking Gremio's axe and giving it back to you when he thinks you're ready was a good scene, too.

>Luca's baaaaw backstory
That was entirely retarded. Were the writers trying to make him sympathetic? The guy whose last words are "I am the true face of evil"?

>Were the writers trying to make him sympathetic?

No. It was mostly just there to give context. Not every villain with a backstory is meant to be sympathetic. It's what made him curse the weakness of his father and those around him. It doesn't come close to making him pitiable but that's what set him off. Just so you know.

>When your best friend hires you to murder his wife if she goes mad because he either can't or will likely be dead too.

Attached: georgimus-prime.jpg (750x780, 91K)

Joey is much, much worse than Luca Blight. The worst villains that commit the worst atrocities are the ones who think they are doing the right thing.

Attached: 1530510676778.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

It really goes to show you that you don't need a long time of beating you over the head with shit and wacky bullshit to make a character endearing. Just a few moments of quiet vulnerability and humanity and you're gold.

Attached: odessa.jpg (500x500, 29K)

V's prologue was ironically the only part I tolerated in that game. The setup was good and it gave good vibes about who you can trust (e.g. no one) even though it throws so many characters at you and only 2-3 of them have a personality.
She was a good person but her true rune made her a loose cannon. She was also retarded since she spent years trying to find out who stole the Twilight rune and Oboro did that in five minutes. Considering she personally knew Oboro was it too hard to ask him?

>Considering she personally knew Oboro was it too hard to ask him?
Considering she probably would have vaporized him on the spot? Yes.

>Joey is much, much worse than Luca Blight.
But the thing is the game doesn't portray him that way. The game wants you to think he isn't as bad as Luca because he's supposedly doing it for some noble cause right up to the end but it never actually gives him much of any cause at all for the horrible shit he does.

That was also painful, yeah.

> That was entirely retarded. Were the writers trying to make him sympathetic? The guy whose last words are "I am the true face of evil"?

Doubt it, and I meant more in how you see the evils Luca experienced influenced his dickery like telling Jillia not to cry over Agares dying because she wasn't even his kid to start with. So he's evil but a specific type of evil and not generic evil is what I mean.

> No. It was mostly just there to give context. Not every villain with a backstory is meant to be sympathetic. It's what made him curse the weakness of his father and those around him. It doesn't come close to making him pitiable but that's what set him off. Just so you know.

Yeah, one of his better lines that gives him some depth with regards to this is that he said a sword doesn't need to have good lineage, it just needs to be sharp.

Do you remember that you could find out that Georg was involved in an assassination of a queen way back in S2? Good times, man.

Pretty much this, she also had some seriously great lines that will stick with you.

>spend the game with Georg in your party because of how op he is
>"I'm not coming to the final dungeon btw, have fun and see you in the ending!"
T-thanks...

I rather quite like the raft hicks

Attached: s5-lun.jpg (700x900, 69K)

Sometimes this happens because the writers think they have a thing going with themes and parallels but:

> Jowy admits he was kind of inspired by Luca's ideology
> Game's writing doesn't adequately show he's any less of a dick to everything he wanted to protect ultimately

Meanwhile, Luca is as fucking nuts as they come but you can see why he's that brand of nuts from the things he says and his actions, thus still a monster but more cohesive.

I really liked the prologue, sure it's pretty slow and felt dragging at some point but it does a really great job introducing the world and kicking the plot.
Also True Men or bust.

She only went mental when provoked, and Ferid could easily have done the thing in her stead. Not to mention EVERYONE knew Barows and Godwin were shady, was it too much to keep an eye over them?
>you could find out that Georg was involved in an assassination of a queen way back in S2
I think Richmond says something like "he can't go back to Falena because he assassinated the queen".
Which of course wouldn't make sense because Lym wouldn't dream of executing him and, in fact, everyone was cool with him even after the reveal. Man, Suiko5 was such a shitty fanfiction.

Yep, pacing is one matter but the prologue accomplishes exactly what it's supposed to do:

> What's the setting?
> Who are the main players?
> Why should I care?
etc.

Jowy is really a shitty shit version of Luca. I'm supposed to think he is a secretly good guy despite he gave me no reason to think so? Fuck him, he is just like Luca but has no balls to admit what he has done. Why don't they just make Luca as the MA? I don't get it. Why settled for inferior and shitty version?

Yuna in BoF 4 not only gets away with everything but it's heavily implied that's he's going to going continue his experiments.

Here's another thing that's easily missed, when you first get to Kyaro, there's this girl in this house that from her dialogue that you can pretty much see that she's blind and that her brother is working to get money to get treatment for it.

When you get back there at the end of the game, she's gone. It's never explicitly said in game and it's easy to think she might have died but I'm pretty sure the implication is that she was Rowd's sister and he bugged out of Kyaro with her to get the treatments.

Name 1(one) good thing Jowy did after he get power. you can't

I think what really bothered me the most was the shit with Nanami and her "oh, I was just pretending to be dead" like WHY? I get you want to go home but just say that. Why lie to my character and put him through all that emotional pain, especially when he kind of needs to focus. How is you saying you want out any less emotionally devastating.

Attached: nanami.jpg (640x480, 47K)

Helping you kill that fat fuck Gorduo.

This game reeks of terrible writings bro.

She's a retard and one of the most annoying characters.
Pic related best female character in the entire series.

Attached: ssssss.png (244x249, 100K)

He fucks Jillia. That's literally his reason for joining Luca.

He is in part the reason luca died.

> She only went mental when provoked, and Ferid could easily have done the thing in her stead. Not to mention EVERYONE knew Barows and Godwin were shady, was it too much to keep an eye over them?

Been a hot minute since I played V, but if I recall a big problem with trying to take more direct action would be admitting there was a problem hence the snakes could easily get in (I forgot if people knew the Dawn Rune was missing or not). As for Oboro, just because that goes right for your protag doesn't mean it'd have worked out for them.

> Which of course wouldn't make sense because Lym wouldn't dream of executing him and, in fact, everyone was cool with him even after the reveal. Man, Suiko5 was such a shitty fanfiction.

Not really, as the queen Lym would have certain expectations made of her regardless and not at least banishing someone who assassinated the previous queen could have set a bad precedence/perception.

Tl;dr Not that simple.

Yeah, the fuck were they thinking of when they wrote that in? Also, what did you all think of that part in Tinto where you can run away, okay or just plain shitty?

It's even worse if you get the normal ending since there's an npc in Kyaro town that says they've seen a shadow around Genkaku's place (implying she's still living there in those endings) but you never ever see her again. In what world is that considered a good thing to do for someone? Should've just got brought back to life like Gremio in the first game instead.

See I would have liked the idea of Rowd being a secret, well I don't want to say "good" guy. It wouldn't excuse his actions but honestly I could sort of relate if I found out he had a sick dying or whatever sister. It's like the Luca thing. It won't earn him forgiveness but it does give him some depth beyond I WANT MONEY OR WHATEVER I WAS PROMISED! It's very human. The thing he did was bad, but war makes otherwise decent folk do bad things.

Yep, he'd still be a dick but a dick with a realistic motivation that works with the themes of the series.

Tinto runaway part is very stupid, it felt like it's coming out of nowhere.
Somehow it feels like they want to make the plot diverge but cut the idea out instead.

Rowd is a shitty person regardless of his motives just like Jowy.

>that part in Suikoden 3 where you have to let them burn one of your party members at the stake because refusing them would be culturally insensitive

>Not to mention EVERYONE knew Barows and Godwin were shady, was it too much to keep an eye over them?

Kinda of. Yeah. They were both very influential people and just being SHADY isn't enough of a reason to start shit with them when you had no real evidence.

>in fact, everyone was cool with him even after the reveal.

I don't think Lym ever expressly found out and even if they FORGIVE him it doesn't mean it wouldn't still be hard to be around him. You can also only take so much stock in RUMORS. It could just as easily be a self imposed exile. Remember George's only reason to stick around was "IN CASE OF NEED OF REGICIDE" now that that's over he can head off and see the world and again, it might be hard for him to be around the people he helped orphan.

>Rowd is a shitty person regardless of his motives just like Jowy.

Im not disagreeing. I just think it would have been nice to explore WHY he's a dick rather than just leaving it at that.

What's the deal with Yuber? Did the creator ever say anyhing about it? Was he supposed to be part of main story originally or second hand jobbing villain in every game?

>The one time Yuber plays a real heavy role in a game and Persmerga is no where to be found

I think what they had meant to aim for was showing how taxing it was mentally to be effectively a child soldier but it doesn't quite do the job not just due to the writing but as the previous protagonist handled things much better and from what I know he was relatively more pampered.

There's also the matter of how there was a lot of bad blood between the royalty, the Barows and the Godwins all around from the last war, yeah.

The feels.

Isn't that IV?

IIRC, the creator had said before that the conflict between them being resolved would end the series or something like it.

I fucking wish, new mainline Suikoden when?

Nope. In 3, Chris makes friends with a little jungle girl and then they sacrifice her in order too....wait why did they do that again?

Never, this franchise is forever dead, that PSP title is the nail in the coffin.

They had to sacrifice her to release the seal on the True Water Rune, although fuck me if I remember why that was a good move when they also knew someone was looking for said True Runes.

I belong in this thread.
Not even a villain, just a guy who got convinced to die by some bitch.

Attached: 33c27393b6801cec53e723b908e8ad63.jpg (1202x1504, 349K)

It was tradition and not doing it would shame her family.

That alma kinan village had the best music in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=xfh2URpmFOY

Luc was kind of a shit villain too come to think. I mean I kind of get his POV but he went from zero to entropy really fast and there where people with way nastier true runes who held on to their sanity much longer.

Attached: Luc_SIII.jpg (240x570, 23K)

So, what other villains got away with what they did?

Help me win the war with his shitty leadership.

>meet back up with your friend from the start of the game
>kill him immediately

Wasn't even that hard.

Attached: how to kill your dragon friend.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

I don't think you guys are understanding the spirit of this thread. It's for guys who got away scott free (and apparently a general suikoden discussion) not people who got fucked over like a bitch.

>So, what other villains got away with what they did?

This guy ended up getting to join with god and be Cam Clarke. That's probably a W

Attached: krel.jpg (228x221, 9K)

Hearing other people blow fat wads in Leknaat every night and having to mop up her room would break any man.

It's time to get back in your wheelchair and that white haired bitch can just dye it.

Attached: Fuck off cripple.png (477x304, 252K)

Kino intro is Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=fA_gDnwcdZ8

To be fair, him being just as a vessel for another guy, apparently finding this out as a kid and kind of being a no-lifer otherwise would push him over the edge a lot faster than most, especially if you take into account he knows what said asshole guy is aiming for and from what I can tell not a lot of True Rune holders get saddled with.

>villain
Krelian did nothing wrong.
Miang tho...

Attached: RetroArch-0129-192906.png (1333x1000, 85K)

Marche really is a giant asshole

Attached: nfwjLyM.png (1633x1687, 353K)

What was his motivation again? Something about his wife? Wow big deal Fei had his reincarnated waifu die and wasn't a little bitch about it.

The writers obviously wanted a Gremio mk2 but reviving her would have been stale, thus "just kidding, I was alive all along". It's really stupid, makes Shu look stupid for agreeing with it and just lacks the emotional impact because she's a shit character who more than overstays her welcome.
Cool idea but meh execution. I can understand the
>Luca is dead, why are we still here?
part but Tonfag going all "I don't want to fiiiight!" is too much out of the blue to be believable.
Plus it kills Ridley. I just can't bring myself to do it and I've played Suiko2 at least ten times.

Believes god doesn't exist so he may as well make his own.

Is this supposed to be a twist? The guy wasn't that interesting in 2 and I already knew about him being an antagonist because the wiki just says it in the first paragraph.

Marche is based and redpilled
You can't escape into fantasy forever, time to face reality bitch

>Wow big deal Fei had his reincarnated waifu die and wasn't a little bitch about it.

Yeah, it's not like he became a crazed power obsessed madman who...oh wait.

Attached: grahp 2.jpg (624x467, 33K)

>the 108 stars of destiny have gathered
>they will alter destiny to bring your closest ally back to your side
>Kiba is revived

How is this reality any more "real" than the one they created?

Don't mind me just taking advantage of a civil war to usurp the ruling the ruling class and church till I literally rewrite history and use that same church to call anyone who decrys my rule a heretic and burn them at the stake

Attached: FFT_Delita2.jpg (295x600, 111K)

You all read Gremio's backstory, right? That makes him even more awesome now if only the same could be said of his stats.

And yeah, parts of the writing make sense like how the war is dragging on without end and you'd expect kids to get tired of it especially fighting with a former friend. It's just the way it's written that comes off terribly.

Since this is practically a Suikoden general thread now, can we discuss what S2 did right?

The problem with Marche isn't that no one is willing to face reality the issue is that what constitutes REALITY is up for grabs. There's a whole world filled with people and living things and Marche is willing to write if off as pretend. This reality is every bit as alive as his. Frankly he's the one who was throwing a tantrum and was unable to face the new reality. And the game only offers bullshit justifications.

Attached: Ffta-montblanc.jpg (371x414, 22K)

>, can we discuss what S2 did right?

Sure but I think we covered the bulk of it.

Attached: mukumuku_suikoden_ii_by_gomukumuku-d3220qx.png (806x992, 311K)

The game straight up asks, 'can't you accept an entire other world is just as real?' and he basically hits them with a NO WAY FAG

Awesome. Gonna replay FFT at some point because damn, that's a good game.

Oh hi there, character that haunted me forever in my first S2 save! ;_;

Delita is a solid character. He literally takes control and brings peace to the kingdom, overthrows the monarchy and decimates the church all by proxy, also fucks the princess. The only way he holds on to the peace he created is by completely covering up all the brutal atrocities he committed along the way. He's both a protagonist and a massive villain all at the same time.

Olan tries to expose him and is murdered.

The intro shows at least some of them are the townspeople who arguably have shittier lives (Okay being a bangaa would be cool) but the Zombies seem to imply anyone Mewt didn't like got the shaft.

Delita's rule in every other Ivalice Alliance game is marked as a golden age as well so that boy did good

So Delita is basically Jowy done right and much better?

Okay? I ain't saying it doesn't suck for some of the people who got fucked over but there are are actual living people like Monteblanc in Ivalice who Marche is basically dooming. He's doing the exact thing only in reverse. That doesn't make him better.

But about about the opposite? What if other mooks in the "normal" reality had shitty lives and then all of sudden became a hot lv 99 Viera only for some fuck to take that way from you?

All that happened because some asshole shot his sister.
Fuck you Argath.

What about that SH 2 main antagonist? Was he a good villain? I don't really remember his motives but apparently he's just for some people.

The character is made even better by the fact that his motivations change as the story progresses.

Initially he's only out for revenge for his sister who was murdered by a noble. Eventually the cynicism and absolute corruption of the empire flips his motivation to that of trying to stamp it all out. After that he amasses so much power that he barely recognizes Ramza as his friend, most times sparing him not for sentimental reasons as much as because he'd be a useful pawn.

Ultimately he stabs Olivia, the queen who he found out was actually commoner like him at the start of the game. He promised her revenge like his sister and to make her a true queen, which he fulfills then after she betrays him, he destroys the last remnant of whatever old shred of himself was with her (as a surrogate for his sister and arguably his commoner roots)

> Argath

Oh, fuck that asshole.

Except Marche basically does that because he wants everyone to be a loser like him. He even mentions resenting Doned because he has their parents' attention. He makes up excuses as he goes because he has nothing to lose, he comes out on top either way but in reality he's just another Mewt.
The writers probably didn't intend to convey this message but in that case they fucked up big time.

Xehanort? Is he part of this trope?

>animals have no God!
Algus is the best FFT character.
Though Garfgarog is a close second.

>seems to be a friendly guy who got into a bad situation because his grandpa was a coward
>whoops turns out he's a fucking cunt

Yep, that character evolution and how he changes is why he's fucking awesome. It's believable, you acknowledge he's kind of a dick but he has good reasons to act that way regardless.

Delita Heiral's whole world view is ends justify the means taken to the extreme.

To the point that he seemingly regrets it at the end of the game where he asks himself if it was all worth it, wondering if Ramza who he knew had survived but was now living as a fugitive got a better deal.

Well, fuck that guy still but to be fair that's a really good and timeless line.

>what did you get, ramza? I...
>oh, I had a sex change and got into a forgettable jumping simulator with a tacked on fighting system

Pyrrhic victories all around

What's that about?

The PS1 version has its great moments.
"shut your big mouth! I won't obey your orders!"

Dissidia PS4 game. When Ramza was announced, everyone who hadn't played FFT though it was a girl.

F. Ramza deserved better.

NOPE.
You faggots forgot BEST MINIGAME.

Attached: BlaringLiquidEft-size_restricted.gif (375x250, 1.89M)

Definitely one of the highlights of 2!

I want to destroy her smile

Attached: s5-sagiri.jpg (600x880, 70K)

Sagiri is pretty disturbing, especially that comment Oboro makes about her damned smile.

That's probably in her best interest.
>when Lyon "dies" and Sagiri apologises for not being able to stop smiling

Yeah but at least her end tile says she managed to stop smiling now and again. Which is pretty messed up itself but still.

Lyon a cute. Bad endings aren't allowed.

Attached: s5-lyon.jpg (650x900, 85K)

I'm fairly certain his plan was to destroy the country from the inside.

No, that was Sialeeds.

>gremio in 1
>nanami in 2
>lyon in 5
Who fits that role in 3 and 4 again? I totally forgot.

3 had nobody and 4 was you

One of the things I liked about Suikoden was seeing the ramifications of the actions people do. It might be a part of why Jowy is called out hard here, the game pushes you to forgive him and you don't see what good he did if any.

SUIKODEN 6 NEVER EVER

3 has a few because 4 fucking protags.
The little knight waifu for Thomas
Based Joe for Hugo
Queen for Geddoe
Fuck Chris

I wouldn't even really mind if 3 didn't set up a big confrontation up in Harmonia. Then they went and made prequels for the next two games. And while I love 5 and even have a weird soft spot for 4 it's a real shame.

Tactics is really good. Im glad 4's SODS got a shot at a better game.

Attached: seneca 3.jpg (290x499, 15K)

Yeah, it was shaping up to be a lot of hype and nothing came of it. What a shame.

>tactics is really good
Is this true or meme?? Yea Forums told me it was shit for decades. Anyway, do I need to replay 4 for Tactics? I completely forget the story except for the protagonist and his rune of punishment. Any story related in Tactics?

>Is this true or meme?? Yea Forums told me it was shit for decades.

I liked it a lot. I can't imagine why anyone would say much bad about it. The plot gets weird but it's a fun game. Id say it was GOAT even.

>Anyway, do I need to replay 4 for Tactics?

You get the use the 4 MC and Snowe if you have carry over data.

Attached: seneca.jpg (1000x1066, 151K)

Who is Snowe? The final boss in 4? Like I said I forget everything in 4 except for MC. I don't really want to play that shitty 4 again if possible. BTW what do you think of 4? That would help me understand your taste. Did Tactics's story connected to 4 deeply?

Tactics is pretty good and way better than 4 to be sure.

> Any story related in Tactics?

Yes, a lot of what was relevant in 4 regarding the cannons gets explored in Tactics. Also what said, you get two extra characters loading a completed file I'm pretty sure you needed a file with all 108 SoDs so be careful.

>Snowe is one of the gazillions 1h sword fighters with water affinity
Poor fucker can't ever not be unremarkable

Snowe was that retarded spazzoid nobel kid who kept fucking everything up.

As for the games plots they are connected but you can skip 4 if you really want too though getting the 4 MC on your party is worth hunting down some save data for at the very least.

>BTW what do you think of 4?
I didn't hate it as much as most people. There where a lot of ideas and characters in it I really liked but I totally get it's reputation, it feels very incomplete in places. As a setting I do really like the island nations though so Im glad Tactics lets us explore them (Minus the sailing) and it's characters again.

On the whole I think 4 had some good ideas that it just couldn't pull off. I think if they had time to really flesh out the plot and make sailing more interesting by adding in discoveries and things ala Skies of Arcadia then it could have been a lot better. Sadly though it was not. I consider it something of a guilty pleasure but I do that knowing it's flaws.

Tactics doesn't share most of these though. The plot is much more focused and concise, and outside a bit of a weird difficulty curve is a really fun game.

Attached: Kika.png (800x1400, 575K)

>I don't really want to play that shitty 4 again if possible.
If you load a cleared game, you can skip every cutscene. I finished it in 4.5 hours.
>BTW what do you think of 4?
As generic as a game can get. At least it's short and the ordeal is quickly over unlike 5, fuck that game and fuck me for 100%ing it hoping it would improve at some point
>Did Tactics's story connected to 4 deeply?
It sheds some light on the evil kingdom from 4 and has a tiny bit of lore.

Seconded, 4 had some semblance of decent ideas but the bad things about it don't just overshadow it, the fucking encounter rate makes it a pain to play through.

By the virtue of not requiring to suck souls of those caught within to power itself.

>finished it in 4.5 hours
Are you talking about 4 or tactics?

4. Replays give a speed up option and the ability to skip cutscenes. It's kind of crazy and one of the things I sort of like about it. It also lets you play as other characters on the field map on a replay. Which is neat.

Also 4 is the only game alongside tactics to support progressive scan. Not that it's the prettiest game around but still it's weird that 5 didn't.

The only good thing from 4 is Rune of Punishment. I like it's concept of atonement and forgiveness.

But the only reason I want to replay 4 is to remember the story again in preparation for Tactics. What's the point of skipping cutscene then? I might as well skip 4 then. I just wondering how much will I lose if I play Tactics without remembering anything about 4. I finished that shitty 4 decades ago.
Maube I should just hunt some data of 4.
Intereresting. I don't even remember why I hate it so much. I'm sure it's gameplay related but I forgot.

>. I just wondering how much will I lose if I play Tactics without remembering anything about 4. I finished that shitty 4 decades ago.

Not a thing. Here's all you need to know. Some assholes made magic cannons out of a magic tree and it made shit suck for everyone. Got it? Your caught up. And you'll get all this info from Tactics anyways.

>I don't even remember why I hate it so much. I'm sure it's gameplay related but I forgot.

Well to be frank? It's unfinished. The story forcibly wraps up just as it gets going, and while you can see the seeds of a larger conflict it never really goes anyways. By the time you get your strategist the games half over.

Attached: elenor.jpg (640x480, 36K)

99% of protagonists. Killing or harming other beings is bad, no matter the end game. Might as well be the villain.

Attached: 1548435891439.jpg (750x810, 51K)

lparchive.org/Suikoden-IV/

Id suggest given this LP a read if you're really curious. It shouldn't take you long and the guy has some interest insight into the strengths and failings of the game.

Attached: s4 bird.png (640x360, 168K)

Damn, she's hot.

Attached: Lym Ken.jpg (1850x478, 199K)

>Villains who got away with it

Attached: EA.png (600x600, 14K)

>I don't even remember why I hate it so much. I'm sure it's gameplay related but I forgot.
Some possible reasons:
>parties of 4 as opposed to 6
>retarded high encounter rate with the same enemies
>sailing is slow and the world map is littered with invisible walls
>recruiting is boring, people join you as soon as you look in their direction
>game is essentially a big errand
>game is so distant (especially in time) from every other entry it might as well not be a Suikoden

Mitsuba is kind of great. Cool theme song

youtube.com/watch?v=2sblLn63OHg&index=47&list=PLp_nLDzWK5NU-I5cWz8EM7L0Fw6ReAE0Z&t=0s

Actually 4 had a pretty solid soundtrack all around. For what that's worth

Attached: mitsuba01.jpg (207x600, 50K)

For some reason in Tactics she has a rune that changes her affinity every day. Kind of a pain if you ask me.
She's still cute/10 though.

I think it's a way to try and handicap her somewhat because HOL -LEE FUCK is she just a murder machine in that game.

Attached: mitsuba.jpg (1000x1177, 112K)

That game really needed a Jowy Mode to flesh out the other side of the conflict.

So we all agree that Team Geddoe were the coolest mother fuckers in 3 right? Because if you don't you're a cunt.

Attached: geddoe crew.jpg (680x666, 126K)

I love how she has vest, gloves, boots and then she only covers her pussy with a rag held up by a couple of stitches.

Pants are for the weak.

i honestly doubt Konami even has the talent left to make a sixth.

And they're probably not interested anyway since they just revived the series for a DS game to take advantage of that wifi/wireless DS fad.

Jowy needed a lot more spotlight if he was supposed to be likable.
To be honest, Jowy having to recruit his own stars of destiny would have been rad.

The original story writer left already anyway. So the story will never reach its intended conclusion.

And that's my problem with Marche, the whole 'It's escapism' argument rings hollow with him because out of the characters, he's the only one where his life in the real world doesn't suck. Mewt's mom is dead and his dad is a drunken lout in debt, Doned is in a wheelchair and Ritz is bullied for her natural hair color. Which just makes him even more of an asshole for wanting to force everyone back to the real world since it's not like it's a big deal for him to go back since there's nothing like that waiting for him.

Was he supposed to be likeable?

Geddoe>Chris>Hugo
But team Hugo had sgt. Joe, who is the best character.

maybe not likable outright but at least understandable. His actions make no sense and everything seems to boil down to MUH DESTINY. The conflict is supposed to be tragic but it's idiotic and was completely avoidable.

>You will never level Harmonia for the cocksuckers they are

I just wanted to destroy the evil empire

Which one did you pick Yea Forums?

Attached: Suikoden.II.full.561799.jpg (1200x1200, 596K)

Very first run was Valerie. Then when I found out you can recruit the other ninja's early, I always pick Kasumi when I play through the game again.

The game certainly goes a long way to force you to like him. Maybe it's just one of those differences where the same thing could be viewed as good in the East and bad in the West?
They could have added some conflict for Marche, something to make him actually debate whether it was a good idea to destroy the world.
And maybe some reasoning behind Montblanc & co helping him destroy their reality.

No such thing. I'm Asian in Asia. He is bad and not likeable.

I thought jowy was a girl for half the game ask me anything

FUCK! Kasumi. She had those nice extra scenes with Tir.

>Tir will never be free of the Soul Eater. He will never settle down with ninja poon.

Attached: kasumi brings her master tea.jpg (650x767, 183K)

This, coming off people like Mathiu who were horrified at the things they had to do Jowy was more or less getting people killed, only he was nicer about it than Luca 'Die, pig!' Blight.

Look at V for example, we're given all that lore to show how deep the families are in with the drama and the lengths they went through to avoid further conflict. S2 needed that kind of fleshing out to show why it was impossible for Jowy to just stop.

Valeria first, Kasumi always later since recruiting those ninjas can be kind of a bitch otherwise.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

First time, Kasumi for early access to Rokkaku and the ninjas.
Every other time, Valeria for overpowered Falcon rune.
But I did pick Kasumi the first time I loaded Suiko1 data just to see the unique dialogue with McDohl... Turns out it wasn't that interesting.

The real question is, who sacrificed Nanami to recruit the octopus family?

What's a jrpg as good as Suikoden 2 that DOESN'T have a zoomer protag?

Kasumi so that Tir had his wife in the game
although I know some nips ship him with that dancer chick from 1 for whatever reason instead

Attached: 08f95202ffc9b34444d98d52a7afcab9.jpg (1100x957, 271K)

Soul eater and Punishment seems too similar. Any noticeable difference beside sign?

Valeria, I never use the ninjas anyway

Valeria.

Her unite attack is 3.0x and just unbalances one person, which is easily removable with a balance rune.

I still don't really get this zoomer boomer meme at all to be honest
but Xenogears, like Suikoden 2 it has a weaker second half too, the game gets a lot of praise in general but the protagonist in particular never gets much praise for some reason despite being pretty cool

Soul Eater kills who you love
Punishment kills you.

Soul Eater kills people around you, Punishment kills you.

Suikoden V is pretty solid.

Soul Eater governs life and death, RoP rules over atonement and mercy. Soul Eater affects other people, RoP feeds off you The protag's mother in fact was the previous bearer and she turned to dust using its power.

RoP in a sense is basically karma.

>who sacrificed Nanami to recruit the octopus family?

I sacrificed Nanami so she dies a tragic death that motivates the hero and wasn't just punking him.

still pissed, that you kill him in the middle of the game.
his fight was one of the best in the game.
that giant two headed wolf can fuck right off

Attached: SoupyLeafyGrosbeak-poster.jpg (640x480, 49K)

This guy

Attached: 7F03D97F-8250-4DE5-9969-6ACCFF64CDDA.jpg (765x765, 57K)

Wasn't people around Lazlo died because of Punishment? And Ted the owner of soul eater before Mcdohl died too because of it. Am I mistaken something here?

Her "death" was dumb though

>S2 needed that kind of fleshing out to show why it was impossible for Jowy to just stop.

Seriously. Given how much of a madman Lucca was I frankly had the impression that even his own kingdom didn't much like him. And considering you were ready to end the war at the start of the game before his bullshit I don't see any reason why the Highlanders wouldn't be happy to just give up fighting and go home.
There was no one else pushing for war that we saw. Frankly I think the City States had more reason to be pissed at that point.

Punishment jumps around the most out of any Rune. We see at least 3 or 4 bearers in the game and every time one of them dies it goes to the next before landing on you. One of whom was your captain who you are framed for killing.

People around Lazlo tended to die because they used the power, and the RoP tends to compel people into using it. Soul Eater in the meanwhile affects people around the user so the focal point is completely different and the sheer destructive power of the RoP with the victims it claims is why it's considered one of the most dangerous runes.

Nah it was good. Assuming she actually dies. A sudden attack by a third party that forces her friends to join back together? That's what she wanted all along. Her death achieving it is very poetic.

>"I'm not coming to the final dungeon btw, have fun and see you in the ending!"
it's like suikoden 2.
you had such good unite attacks with nanami and jowy.
but nope, both taken away from you.

This exactly. We don't have enough perspective from Highland to say Jowy is justified so he automatically looks shitty for pushing the war even with Luca taken out and FFT played it a lot better with showing you personally how fucking deep the rot was especially as you were playing with Ramza and it carried a big toll on your family too.

That was also another thing 1 did better, not only were you initially on the 'bad' side, you got allies who wanted to be loyal but realized this had to stop.

it was forced drama and not necessary to carry out what Nanami intended at all but people will vehemently deny that

'I need him to focus and not worry about me'

Oh yeah thanks, you know what people do when their loved ones die especially if said loved one died protecting them? Does this sound fucking reasonable?

But she faked her death because Riou tried shielding her from the bolts. That's the reason why she wanted to fake her death, she knew Riou couldn't be putting himself in danger like that.

And pray tell what exactly would be the problem with her admitting that and saying she needs to take her leave, considering he thought she DIED and people in that state don't tend to think much about their safety?

Yeah, you learned early on about the corruption within your government before you even meet Odessa but you write it off as just some jerks and go about your day in your fancy mansion until you really get a taste of what the world is like beyond your cozy manor.

The enemy generals are all decent men but as soldiers are loyal to their king (and the black runes controlling them don't help) so there's more to it than things being black and white as even Barbarosa himself is less a tyrant and more old, tired and distraught over the loss of his wife.

Windy herself wasn't terribly sympathetic I suppose but still. An evil witch does help move the story.

How do I beat Teo with Pahn?

oh its just your interpretation

Only because Riou just goes back to acting like how he does pretty quickly afterwards towards other characters instead, the idea behind it was fine. Her dying for real or not isn't actually relevant in light of what the intention was as well.

People forget that her story wasn't supposed to just end there at all, it just never got a continuation due to what ends up happening to the franchise.

"I'll deflect the arrows by using dad Genkaku's secret technique!"
"B-but Nanami, dad used a sword and you don't!"
>Nanami is mortally wounded

1. Get as a high a level as you can
2. Get the best gear and sharpest weapon.
3. Look up a dual guide.

>Villains who got away with it
You called?

Attached: sal_u_dick.jpg (362x362, 31K)

Or she could, I don't know, decide to stay at the castle from that point on so Tonfag wouldn't have to worry about her jumping in front of an arrow?
Level Pahn a bit and read Teo's cues correctly. I did it on my first try and didn't even need a guide.

It's even neater when you consider how much McDohl's story mirrors Odessa's own: Pampered and ignorant of the Empire before, she only came to realize how bad it was following the death of her fiance who was framed and fought her way out.

> The enemy generals are all decent men but as soldiers are loyal to their king (and the black runes controlling them don't help) so there's more to it than things being black and white as even Barbarosa himself is less a tyrant and more old, tired and distraught over the loss of his wife.

And he does to his credit lament about how he ended up bringing about this end. Still kind of a dick in being negligent but not entirely unsympathetic.

Honestly, I don't think they even needed to give Marche a conflict of his own, but just have him search for a way to fix Ivalice, so that people don't get their life force sucked out, Mewt doesn't fuck everyone he doesn't like over and all the people who were turned into monsters have the choice of going back or staying in this world as a human or whatever. He could have still ended up destroying Ivalice, but at least he fucking looked for a way to make everyone happy and didn't just IMMEDIATELY go "lmao fuck you guys I wanna go home and youre ALL going with me whether you like it or not". Would have made him a much more likeable character.

>Still kind of a dick in being negligent but not entirely unsympathetic.

Kind of makes me wish we could have seen Scarlet Moon in it's Prime. I know we're sick of prequels but that's an interesting story to tell right there.

Attached: georgimus prime.gif (206x395, 39K)

As someone here said, one of the problems with 4 is it's way removed from the timeline. Scarlet Moon is a lot closer to the main games so that's one less issue.

Jowy might have been stupid, but powerful people actually are fucking stupid irl

Attached: C4L96zgUYAAdyrk.jpg (1200x849, 103K)

Did Hikusaak have the same face as Luc? So the final boss of Suikoden series if everything went right is going to be Luc again?

Luc was a clone of him so I assume as much.

> Final boss chronologically is Luc, who wants to cause chaos
> Final boss if we ever get to the real end is basically Luc who wants order

Kino.

Which is the best duel in Suiko series from story and dramatic telling? please don't be Suiko 2 shitty forced final duel

Tir vs Teo hands down.

Was just gonna say Pahn's duel with Teo was epic, so Pahn versus Teo.

but that's based

Do you even have to ask?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

No one said vs Luca?

I mean it was cool. But Riou himself is a dweeb and it's hard to top a Father vs Son conflict. Cats and the craddles man.

What is Sukoden 2 final duel?

All the women in S5 were god-tier. Falena is TITS country.

You vs Jowy the fag.

because the game makes it explicitly clear that it's basically a mask over the real world and only a select few people were able to stay human and retain their memories while others were turned into other races/even monsters just for the amusement/revenge of Mewt

To explain my point better, Pahn vs. Teo was more dramatic to me as it was something neither party ever expected to do and Luca's one felt more like a formality than anything else.

It was the sort of thing that really captured the difficulty in trying to change yourself and what could happen if you lost, so it wins out just slightly over Teo vs Tir for me.

>suikoden has top tier waifus AND husbandos without looking like low-grade pandering slut trash
Series is based

Attached: d591865d3b9fff1fa5acb78b5c63ba43.jpg (206x300, 15K)

What reason would you write for Jowy to not stop the war?

How is it ded then?

Jowy is such a good brainlet test

>when you stuck with miakis because lyon knocked out.

good times.

because people prefer low-grade pandering slut trash

FUCKONAMI

I can't even remember what Delita did. I know he uses Ramza as a scapegoat at some point but it's been so long since I played it that I only remember the Lucavi possessing people and being evil.

Didn't the writer's contract with them end?

Yep. But I think that the brand belongs to Konami. Maybe the writer or the team of the old games can make somewhat of a spiritual succesor. But one of the charms of the series, at leas imo, is that it all happens in the same world.

Yeah, I couldn't have rolled my eyes harder at the spiritual successor we got because it's like a spiritual successor to a racing game that isn't a fucking racing game.

>Yuber is a main character in 3
>Pesmerga is nowhere to be seen, and never seen again
what the fuck man

I thought Tuta was a girl and thought Wakaba was a guy up until the ending cards.

> Wakaba
Same here, same here.

Tuta was a BOY?

you literally see his penis in bad end

WTF I can't believe I'm actually a gay. I fapped to her before. WTF is this? Why I'm becoming the gay I despised? Just kill me please.

There was a forum dedicated to theories and speculation, SuikoX, and they had a theory that Yuber used some kind of magic to turn Pesmerga into one of the dogs, the black one.

Sounds stupid, but the evidence made it at least sound plausible. The site is still around, but that theory isn't. It might be somewhere in the forums, but they haven't had significant activity in years.

kill yourself retard

Remind me again what was the evidence?

Jesus, it's been ages and I don't remember much. Something about his behaviour, being black and the odd place he was found and such.

Even if you google it, you'll find references to the theory but not the theory itself.

Luc literally did nothing wrong. True Runes are the source of all conflict, especially ones like the Destiny/Beginning (whatever the combination of Sword and Shield is called). Shame we never actually got a game about Harmonia and its immortal god Emperor who's collecting all True Runes.

Hikusaak did everything right.

Also him standing on two legs, right? Imagine the hilarity if this theory was actually true.

What dog are you guys talking about?

suikoden.fandom.com/wiki/Kogoro

Yeah. We'll never know now.

god dammit I wanted a prequel game about Hikusaak the First Hero and the rise of Harmonia

Pic related

Attached: 5.7.50.jpg (640x480, 215K)

Attached: yuna_3627.png (183x448, 67K)

> god dammit I wanted a prequel game about Hikusaak the First Hero and the rise of Harmonia

We can only dream. ;_;

I see no similarities whatsoever. Because it's black? Seems like a nonsense theory.

Honestly, the whole backdrop of 3 sounds a lot more interesting than the actual game. I still get chills everytime you get to see the Fire Champion in the intro. Maybe they didn't want to use a design that looks so much like Tir?
youtube.com/watch?v=fejbSLYacaU

I hate Riou too. A blank stare child with fucking tonfas as weapons. My biggest gripe with the game is that Riou isn't even for a moment in the game believable as a leader or someone strong at all.

Like I said, the arguments the theory made are long lost, but basically the dog had human-like behavior, walked on two legs, tried to talk, was found on some mystic ruins, and well yeah, was black.
Since Yuber and Pesmerga's fates are intertwined, Yuber being in 3 without Pes, people tried to find a solution. So there was that.

That's also another thing we'll never get, the final confrontation between Yuber and Pesmerga, which they said would only happen in the final Suikoden game.

He is leader literally because he got the true rune.

> We'll never see more of Harmonia

Why even live? God, this is one of the few franchises I'm always salty about.

Did nothing wrong.

Mc.Dohl had better dialogue options too.

Oh yeah Yuber. Why did people think Hikusaak as the final boss of the series instead of him? Is is because his jobber status now?

I just couldn't bother finishing 3, it had good elements but you basically just wandered around doing chores, and at intervalls you needed to do the same chores but from a slightly different perspective this time. And it didn't help that you had this other seemingly more interesting story going on with fire champion like you mentioned.

Luca is Takamura Mamoru in a jrpg

The Suikoden heroes are mostly figureheads. Everything hinges on the strategists behind them in every single game.

That and the True Runes moving everyone around like chess pieces.

Why isn't Konami making video games anymore?
What the fuck went wrong?

Who is the best strategist?

It's okay because she's so quirky.

Attached: Alphys.png (128x116, 3K)

Well i mean you kill him in the bad endings so... didnt get away with it?

In a more realistic kind of setting he would be merely used as a propaganda tool but in the game he actually is really damn important and does all the important jobs and fights all the important battles because he is the protagonist of the game. I think a voiceless faggot protagonist was the wrong choice for Suikoden.

Kojima

Because Hikusaak (if he's even alive) is shown in 3 to be playing a far bigger game than anyone else. Creating vessels for the True Runes and trying to gather them all.

Pachinko.

I'd go with Shu.

How can one man destroy a company that was an absolute beast in 80's, 90's and early 2000?

This, Hikusaak is more identifiable as the Big Bad than Yuber.

Because Konami shouldn't have climbed to the realm of AAA games.

This motherfucker.

Attached: Leonsilverberg01.gif (150x410, 33K)

The best thing about Suikoden 2 was that you saw all those strong fighters on the enemy side and as the game progressed you got an equivalent for all of them like Pesmerga for Yuber as an example.

Yuber is not strong though.

You saw his design and thought he looked weak? I don't think so. The first thought should be "I want a black knight for my army too".

Nope. Shu is enough for me.

Delete this thread, I just realized we will never get another Suikoden, let alone one with coherent story and good writing.
Crow in Trails of Cold Steel. Similar to Jowy since the series is a Suikoden rip-off, overarching plot and all.

Are these a suitable replacement to fill the Suikoden-shaped hole in my life?

If not, what is? The modern Fire Emblems?

It's not even close to Suikoden series.
Sure it got some overarching worldbuilding going on but it's definitely not the same.

Luca was a Giffith-tier monster and then some despite a relatively mundane tragic backstory, the kid would have already had to have been a barely functional "special" boy for something like that to turn him into an unrepentant psychotic murder machine for the rest of his entire life.

Geddoe is the only reason I replay that game.

How long/how many story battle in Tactics?

They are some of the best characters in the game.

But as a translator, I'm so annoyed by the blunder of their names.

IV killed all the momentum and Konami didn't want to put any money into it. The HD boom probably didn't help either.

I wouldn't call it tragic because the game doesn't try to paint him as someone who should be spared. The most it does is to give context for why he specifically wanted the entire City State dead and his father doubly so.

Come to think of it, wasn't Luca and his mom coming back from peace negotiations at that time?

t. Apple.

Recommend me a good JRPG

Digimon world 2003.

You know how the game tells you that whenever humans develop away from being Deus's fodder, Miang pulls the strings so that they start from scratch again? Grahf was used to start from scratch and he killed 90% of humanity

Probably got killed by Samekichi during the time-skip,

Crow got stabbed in the chest and he was used as a brainwashed henchman by the people he opposed for an entire game after he died. He didn't get away with it at all

>t. Hasn't played Sen 4

>he doesn't know

He dies in the original DS ending, but in the new ending if the 3DS port Stocke literally just leaves Heiss alone after destroying the root cause of his motives which leaves him with no more reason to do bad shit.

Attached: Radiant-Historia-Heiss.jpg (592x800, 107K)

Luc was fine as a villain. It was implied he was going through existential agony in 2 and it resulted in the events of 3.

Though his whole artificial moping goes right out the window when you find out he's only 30 years old and Chris' father was older than that with the True Water Rune and he calls him a child. He just looks like an idiot after that point.

Albert is the villain of 3 that got away with everything really. His entire character arc was just creating more and more elaborate and well-thought out schemes to impress potential investors from foreign interests and armies in his tactical talent and it fucking worked in the end.

Attached: albert-silverberg.jpg (576x1430, 88K)

To be fair his fate was pretty sad and he wrecked his own lifespan by using the Dark Chronicle too much

Being stuck with nothing but the realization you were made for inflicting destruction will get to you a lot harder if you found out real early in your life though. Might be why Sasarai fared better, but his ending line implied he didn't do too well in that regard.

How old is Hikusaak?

Leaving Heiss alone was understandable and made sense but solely from Stocke's perspective. Every other character had no reason to just let him go. Sure you could argue that it just wasn't worth it anymore at that point in the game considering he also contributes in ending the desertification but part of it just doesn't feel right. It's the same thing with Hugo and Protea.

After the original ending, Stocke just seems to forget every villain's past atrocities and fully prioritizes reaching the perfect future.

Delita didn't decimate the Church. The Church was stronger than ever during his rule. The only difference is the Templars got taken out, but that was all Ramza.

I was thinking of replaying Suikoden 1 and 2 but reading this is a better idea. Thanks, user.

I miss her bros

Attached: 1529311577026.jpg (800x459, 59K)

I wonder how good / bad the translations in general were. Now that I can read moon, I'm tempted to play suikoden 1&2 on the psp. It takes so much longer to read things in jap for me though.

Teach me your way senpai.

For real though, why was young Viki less retarded?

Yeah I've been wondering just how much was lost in translation since it was pretty terrible in retrospect.

I only played Suikoden 2 but this is my favorite girl and no one else seems to like her at all.

Attached: GCS_Lo_Wen.png (350x422, 229K)

Do the pimsleur audio lesson to gain basic listening skills
Start paying attention to the dialogue when you watch anime
Learn kana and read manga you like in raw side by side with scans. OCR dictionaries will help with kanji
Be disgusted how fucking bad translations are get motivate you to practice more.
Repeat over years and years

Is that the bodyguard? I like her. Her dragon punch is cool.

She is kidnapped by Neclord and is one of the 3 bandit siblings.

Is that so? I remember she was a bodyguard for female team. Oh well I like her though.

That's a different character Oulan and I like her better than Lo Wen.

You're thinking of Oulan.

They were bad, both in terms of fidelity and coding. 2's introduced some serious bugs, and had some outright missing text replaced with "...". The most famous bug is fucking up the Suikoden 1 hero's name, with no S1 save he'd be McDohl, but if you loaded your S1 save, he'd be the initial of the name you used (most people used the canon name Tir) + cDohl, so you ended up with the famous hero, TcDohl in your party.

3 fucked up several names by not "getting the joke". Fubar was supposed to be Hover, because he flies, but now he's just "fucked up beyond any repair". Geddoe's team was based on playing cards: Geddoe is King, then there's Ace, Queen, Joker and... Jacques? He was supposed to be the Jack.
There's more, obviously, but that's off the top of my head.

I credit Oulan as the root of my Buff Woman with Big Boobs fetish.

Attached: 144px-Oulan_(Suikoden_II).png (144x340, 73K)

But Pesmerga is shit
Shit speed
Shit weapon rune
Only one rune slot
Only one equipment slot
He looks cool but that's it

Redpill me on Marche, I haven't played FFT Advance. Is it easy to get into?

>since you know that's bullshit because Genkaku refused to fight his friend and they turned out fine.
Only because they were too weak to reunite the Runes which is why they left them in the cave and the runes chose new bearers.

What is hachifusa rune about? For summoning monster?

Just play the game, it's not nearly as good as FFT but it's still decent and can be cheesed if you have a team of bunny girls.

Oh boy
I'm and didn't expect this thread to survive this long! Thank you so much anons, a Suikoden thread in 2019 sounds too good to be true...

What did they talk about?

Attached: s2.jpg (640x480, 58K)

She probably couldn't talk due to her mouth being otherwise busy.
Either that or she touched his dick, he dropped his spaghetti and let everyone pass.

Would you play it?

Attached: suikoden_highland_path.jpg (425x507, 173K)

Nope if I'm playing as that fag. Give me Luca and I'll play it.