Vita status: 100% HACKED

Vita status: 100% HACKED

Attached: Capture.png (943x392, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KYkWfVTKnyA
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/modoru/releases/tag/v1.0
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/90dlm9/improve_color_saturation_on_your_hacked_vita/
wololo.net/2019/02/24/ps-vita-a-6-year-hacking-journey-comes-to-an-end-as-the-very-last-layer-of-the-vita-crypto-security-is-defeated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>vita
literally who

Cool so now I don't need to own 2 of them to hack anymore? That was fucking retarded

aha yes!! finally, we can play all these games for free now!! WAIT NO!! OH GOD OH FUCK!!
NO!!
THERE ARE NO GAMES!!
SIX YEARS WASTED NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Attached: 1521898381636.jpg (351x275, 17K)

all things aside the ps vita makes a great ps2 emulation portable

Alright neat, so-
Should I bother updating past 3.60?

PSTV works great as a competent PS classic. Was even cheaper too.

It emulates PS2 games? If so I'm buying a used one of craigslist tomorrow.

Yeah if so I take back my retarded shitpost.

Tell me more

Did you mean PS1? Because this is the first I've heard of it running PS2 games outside of ports

bullshit how the hell can vita emulate ps2 games

So any hacking tutorials and tips and tricks?
I have a vita that I haven't used for like 3 years and it would be nice to put it to use

Attached: Z1b1soy.gif (380x480, 1.04M)

this mean I can play 3.61+ or whatever games now?

It does? I was under the impression it wouldn't have the power to do decent PS2 emulation.

just head over to /hbg/ on

damn nigga does it really emulate ps2 now?
I have it hacked and its a great emulation machine but fucking ps2 as well?
Jesus christ

any news if this works on the ps tv?

Too bad I have a giant white line across my OLED Vita's screen

Attached: 1477958770080.gif (720x480, 397K)

>6 years
Isn't henkaku first released in 2016?

It's completely blown open, forever. So yes, you'll be able to do that soon.

what's a good place to buy used? amazon?

download and install enso

nice

I'm still waiting for Persona 5 port

Vita can't emulate ps2 games you retards

Guide? I'm on 3.69 and I think it's a chinese one. It says PCH2006 on the bottom.

How fucking autistic do you have to be to dedicate 6 years of your life to such a task?

OK but is it as good as PSP was when hacked? PSP was fantastic for emulation and I've heard several times on this board that the Vita isn't as good cause no one is developing for it the way they did for PSP.

Attached: 1530250178381.jpg (356x356, 28K)

It has literally just been cracked today, give it some time.

No more need to buy scalped old firmware vitas?

Now I can pay like $100 for a generic vita on craiglist of FB marketplace?

It comes out march user, the guy who engineered it is gonna release it on the day the vita was released for poignancy's sake.

Should Sony develop a Vita 2 or just adopt the Switch with a library of portable Sony games?

a fucking wizard made an N64 emulator for the PSP but other than that the Vita is better in every way.

People are going to think you're shitposting but you're technically right. The Vita can play certain PS2 titles that were ported over to the Vita. Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2 and Jak 3, Sly Cooper, Sly 2 and Sly 3.

There were a lot i wanted to play but somehow they all showed up on steam

either way will suck. the Switch is not as portable as a Vita, and if they make a Vita 2 you know they will just fuck it up again.

you'll be fine for life if you're on 3.65 + enso

B-B-B-BUT IT HAS MIKU GAMES
AND A BUNCH OF GREAT ANIME RHYTHM GAMES

H-HAHA BLOWN THE FUCK O-OUT

Wanted one to replace my PSP as my portable emulation machine for a long time. Think I'll get one now. Are there any must play Vita exclusives?

Cool, now I can finally play games like...like...

Attached: 1550653462977.jpg (277x285, 33K)

That's my fear right there. When I first heard of the Vita, I got so excited, it had so much potential, but then Sony came and fucked everything up with that proprietary memory card of theirs.

The 3DS got a Metal Gear Solid 3 port. Nobody would be stupid enough to think that means the 3DS would make a great portable PS2 emulator.

YES! Now I can finally play all those Vita games, haha! Such exclusives like.....ummm....uhhhh... I can play games like......uhhhhhh.....No there must be something I can play..? No, this can't be happening, I'm in control here! AHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1523916569964.png (1024x595, 559K)

Muramasa + its DLC
P4 golden
KZ: merc if you like shooters
Demon Gaze 1+2
plays multiplats like Rayman Origins and Grand Kingdom pretty well too

>The 3DS got a Metal Gear Solid 3 port.
That runs at 18fps/240p.

a shitty one at that, framerate is awful

kek

First henkaku is something like Emunand on 3ds and last one is b9s tier.

Really? Is it easy to hack? I wanted to try dem dangit grandpas and them steins doors. Also can I slap PSX and PSP isos and play them? I'd like some Dick Kickem time to kill and wh40k squad commander

Attached: 1550911723519.jpg (236x214, 11K)

Vita has a bunch of good games on it. Stop being fags

Vita doesn't run MGS3 much better.

Yeah? Any good tutorials on going from 3.60 to 3.65?

Deception 4 made my peepee hard

3DS Snake Eater is awful. Runs at 20 fps and constantly drops to lower digits while MGS3 on Vita is at a stable 30 fps

Ok retard

werthers originals are unironically the best candy

I can run anything the PSP runs, but native Vita emulators have been crap for me except for SNES

I mean vita does have MGS2 and 3

Hidden gem.

Attached: Ragnarok_Odyssey.jpg (220x281, 28K)

It didn't. It's framerate would drop sub-20 too. Tell me again about how something that can't even run a port at 30fps would be a great emulator.

It does though if not better

The touch buttons on back are the worst part I think, how fucking hard would it have been to add extra shoulder button and button on analog sticks
friggin tards

lol Shita sony drones are still assmad years later that the 3DS got the definitive version of MGS3 while the shita got a shitty lazy port. You butthurt you drones? about your shitty dead handheld? LMAO

>exclusives posters
haha multiplats don't exist, they don't count! nobody plays multiplats! 3ds build quality is j-just as good as v-vita!

If you have a hacked 3ds you could get majora's mask run better by forcing it to use more power.
I'm wondering if you can do the same with mgs3d because there's some pretty unique things in that version that make it worth playing.

I have both , you dunce
and the 3ds' mgs3 port is shit as fuck

There's like 3 games available on 3DS and Vita.

Attached: 56390556bc85b.jpg (680x989, 95K)

>Implying the 3DS version didn’t run like Hot garbage
You can’t make this shit

Fuck off Metal Jesus. Chuck us Kelsey's number before you fuck off though.

Thank god. I've been waiting forever to play Patapon 4
Prinny 3
Monster Hunter 4U
that third Loco Robo game
God of War
Dissidia 013
and all that other shit I constantly played on my cracked PSP.

Post underrated Vita games

Attached: large.jpg (1280x720, 359K)

It used to be that you need your wifi to a specific DNS so it would direct you to update 3.65 and then you would have to install H-Encore
But now that Madoru came out i don't think it's necessary

vita has an overclocking tool that boosts performance by 11%

so what does this mean for me if I'm already hacked.

>Prinny 3
Fuck you, dood.

after playing with the Switch I cant handle the 3ds and vita shitty handheld resolution :(

Has it been 6 years already? I made it my life goal to attack and destroy the Vita and to make it the most hated handheld on Yea Forums.

And it worked. God I hate Shita fags

I was speaking about multiplats in general, including games also available on PS2, PS3, PS4, and PC

I think it's possible. It'll at least make the game more enjoyable.

>mfw there are people who don't just own a Vita use it as well

Attached: 1550390696694.jpg (530x795, 73K)

Actually so does the original psp.
Drains the battery real fucking fast if you use it though.

so what can be done now that couldnt before?

how could you stand the 3DS resolution if you have a Vita?

Attached: nintendo_sucks.png (966x550, 12K)

there is no distinction between PSTV firmware or Vita, just a few features and resolution options enabled on PSTV

You can carry it around like a fucking incel nerd and play ps1 games on the bus

A port is not emulation.

>haha, exclusives don't matter! only multiplats matter! the vita has better ergos than the 3DS!
holy shit

I can't wait to play 13 Aegis Sentinel Rim on that Vita!

Rent free.

because it actually has games, all the resolution in the world won't matter if you having nothing to use it on

You seem to post wrong pic

Let me fix that

Attached: LoA-vita.jpg (554x554, 41K)

does this mean we will see advancements to remote play functionality?

>Nintendo baby tries to start console war shit flinging
You guys are weird.

So I can buy any Vita and hack it?

>being proud of manipulating mindless drones
good for you i guess

How do I update my cfw?

I use it to play PS4 while I am at work little guy

Send it in to Sony

because I only play psx games in it

Name them, cause I tried Demon Gaze, and most of its dungeon crawlers and was severely disappointed at the garbage it offered. The only thing I used it for was the psp/ps1 ports and like a couple indies.

Dude, you can run the PSP itself, with XMB and everything within the Vita.
If you have a Vita, you have literally no reason to own a PSP anymore.

based

You're right but it doesn't change the fact the games I listed were originally PS2 games that are now playable on the Vita.

so does this shit works on every firmware or what?

Not him but what if someone were to do this, sending a hacked vita to Sony. Will they confiscate it?

Got any links? I can't find Madoru anywhere

>hobby + scientific article to be published
I don't know man, props to that team

Was the Vita that hard to hack, or was there just no demand for it?

Like how people always said macs can't get viruses, but only because no one could be bothered to make viruses for macs?

I wanted this to be good
generally the battle system was neat but they fucked up with every other little nuance that it was literally unplayable

Attached: 1535815466083.jpg (1155x1487, 293K)

>Tales of Hearts R
thought I was getting into an okay action rpg
turns out to actually be single player skullgirls/marvel 2 combo mania game
youtube.com/watch?v=KYkWfVTKnyA

I'm so sorry.

I hacked it a while ago and have played almost nothing I pirated because it seems like most things are either better on another system (Digimon Cyber Sleuths) or just not worth the time.

Attached: 1532743998402 2.jpg (370x413, 15K)

This desu i even own a vita all i did with it was play ps1 games.

i bought a vita awhile back for $30 at a pawn shop. its the 3g version, which of course im not gonna use but even when im connected to wifi on it, it still gives me a 3g connection error every now and then. its annoying to deal with because ill be in a middle of a game and an error window will pop up every now and then.

does anyone know if theres a way to stop the vita from trying to connect to 3g as a priority? at least thats what it seems like its trying to do.ive gone through the menus and disabled anything related to mobile connection but it still happens.

Some of you people should get beaten up. Badly.

>playing games that are meant to be displayed on a 4K HDR capable screen on a nu-gameboy

Attached: image.jpg (400x300, 58K)

it even lets you play PSP at higher rez and framerate

Metal Gear Acid has aged spectacularly, for the record

Attached: 1517272473831.jpg (249x249, 6K)

should be possible soon. the tools haven't been released yet.

Attached: Tales of Hearts R combo.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

They'll be happy someone actually bought a Vita and send it back with a bunch of free games

try removing the sim card you dingus

I thought it was hacked for years? What changed?

Attached: file.jpg (696x392, 156K)

>452156482
Looks cool, what game is this?

What a dumbass

100% NO GAMES

It's a fun game

can you cast PSP games on the vita to the ps4?
i would like to get one one so I can play Dissidia and Crisis Core

>still no Innocence R english patch

Attached: 1550977256905.jpg (482x434, 37K)

>no reason
>can't use UMDs with Vita

depends on the game obviously

There were like 5 layers of security, multiple encryption keys, and Sony kept patching the exploits

Now you just have to find a cheap one

>atlus announced they changed their mind and will release for the vita but only in japan
CELEBRATE WITH ME BROTHERS

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Finally, the essential version of Little King's Story is playable

no, but if you run a PSTV / Vita TV you can play anything ever playable on Vita (pirated, homebrew, atabdard, etc) on a TV using a PS3 or PS4 controller.

>100% HACKED
>still can't play Vita games

At least I can't find that info anywhere. When the fuck will I be able to download Vita games and just play them like I can play 3DS games on a 3DS?

Attached: 1546870236934.png (643x598, 320K)

theres no simcard in the slot. infact, the cover for it is broken off so the inside is exposed.

Just download them.

pls someone answer this ;_;

*ever playable on PSP

For a while if you're on the right firmware.

The vita is literally everything the psp was plus more. I have like 15 plus vita games and adrenaline which launches a psp mode application, as the thing has a psp crammed inside.

jesus dude, we've been able to pirate vita games for years. literally years. where you been?

I bought that sequel, framerate was complete shit

I also recommend Dragon's Crown if you haven't played it already on the PS3/4.

Isos / Csos.

What do you mean? Can't you just find Vita games online like you would if you were looking for roms or isos?

You shouldn't post selfies on Yea Forums.

because vita devs decided to be fucking retarded and punch way above its weight for a lot of things, that resulted in weirdly low quality games for what should be the better system. there's some reasons the vita failed and shitty quality control is one of them

Yes, dummy.

see my post, cool guy.

Can I play cyber sluts2.
It's been a long time my cfw is probably 3.60

What happened that impacts my Vita experience? Currently running Enso at 3.65

im a physicalfag, those are meaningless to me

Cringe. The Vita is literally the 3DS of handheld consoles. Nobody gives a shit.

Attached: eugh.jpg (306x306, 22K)

nonpdrm, ref00d, pkgj

there, now you can browse the list of all the vita games available on sony's servers and download/play them at will.

no

then fuck off

You can't in the newest firmware?
On 3.61 you can.

What even IS THE GAMEPLAY

Attached: 1543139558797.jpg (739x589, 390K)

Uh please don't make a big deal out of this guise, I've been playing a bunch of pirated vita games on my PSTV and syncing it with main PSN account since I have some legit stuff too; only pirated things with physical versions out there but there's deffo shit like cart IDs that they could gank me with and I realllly want them not to care thanks

Attached: gDVijzY.gif (160x160, 760K)

hacked Vitas can run games at much much higher GPU and CPU clocks. Minecraft for example is dramatically better on custom firmware, as is Xcom and many other games that released with performance issues

wow, fuck you and fuck your toxic ass general then

Not my general dumbass, just the place to go for info.

So it's good then? Does that make the 3DS the Vita of handhelds, a complete and utter failure? Is that what you want to hear?

No.

(You)

The game is great, you're just retarded

This, I found project diva x2 fucking unplayable on default pstv but then I cranked up CPU/GPU to 500/333 and it almost 100% resolved stuttering issues on the visual indicators

holy shit
i gotta sell my psp for a vita so i can play parappa 1 AND 2 now

Port
Port
Ok
What?
Multiplats

The best exclusives are uncharted and tearaway

omfg is that a sequel to Lords Of Arcana???

Attached: DoTjlfEVsAAprZp.jpg large.jpg (460x657, 74K)

Add woff and digimon.

>fl0w hinted at a big reveal a few months ago
>said it would be the biggest release for the vita ever
>said it's something that everyone said would be impossible but he found a way
be honest. how many of you would run out and buy a vita if pic related became a reality?

Attached: ps2_emu.gif (800x584, 806K)

>tearaway
really wish people would stop shilling this turbos_y shit

Best game is obviously SSD

There aren't enough remaining Vita exclusives left to justify one at its current price even assuming you pirate everything and buy and SD2Vita.

Too bad the fat fuck wasn't in there as well

x2? wha? that exists?
but honestly a big issue is just the devs. for instance, project diva ran like shit on the psp, yet 2nd ran much better on the stages 1 chugged at. still frame drops dont get me wrong, but much less.

If it somehow got PS2 emulation it would be years, a decade or two even, until all the games were stable

I did something similar for the PSP. I'll do it for the Vita.

Didn't he already tease people with a possible PS2 emulator for Vita?

honestly it would make me really sad at the same time. if true, Sony should have had the manpower to do it from the start. it would have completely changed the history of the Vita, hell we probably would be getting a Vita 2 now.

Is the Vita a good ps1 emulator machine?

nah I'm just a retard and conflated f 2nd with x since I have both installed on my 128gb usb stick

Yeah but how long until Sony patches it again?

Is the vita even powerful enough to run PS2 games?

Of course

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/modoru/releases/tag/v1.0
apparently it's not necessary to update to 3.65 as some Homebrew only work in 3.60. the are should be plugins to run 3.61+ games apparently

>get all the emulation you got on PSP plus the few great Vita games that exist
Kind of a no brainer.

flawless

barring button differences (which can be remapped through aftermarket addons and such)

Shiren the Wanderer is good and no user can convince me otherwise. Definitely something to have for a Vita owner.

yeah, but it's comfy for on the go, I take the bus to uni and it's about a 45 minute ride there and back, perfect for playing the vita and the games it has.

It's excellent

Im playing Ace Combat PSP on the vita and when I finish the 8th mission it's just a loading screen, i've done this a few times now, any help?

I am a total brainlet with this kind of coding shit. The vita was harder to hack than my Wii but it's still ridiculously easy. Go to /vg/ homebrew and you'll get set up just fine.

you can spoof your firmware to their servers

provided you do not update, it does not matter what they ever do

i hacked my vita and still download my real games on my real account

obviously it can run ports well enough, but emulating would be murder on its poor 444mhz cpu

Muramasa was worth the price of my Vita tv though all those PS3 multiplats were nice too

can i hack a vita without worrying about the firmware version now?

>Be sony

>make PSP
>horrible console with a lot of decent games

>make vita
>decent console with absolutely no games

I wish the Vita kept the slide in feature that the prototype had.

And? He's not "technically right". It can play ports made to run natively on the vita. It cannot emulate a PS2.

Vita is EOL. no more Vitas are being made, so if Sony patches anything it doesn't matter because all new-in-box Vitas won't be patched.

Appreciate it, I'll wait and see if I wanna update, it seems 3.60 is still considered the holy grail for Vita firmware. I'll hold onto the link just in case though.

nice
i have project diva and 2nd# limited edition and arcade debut

Button differences?

>Be Nintendo

>make DS
>absolutely horrible control with a shit ton of games

Oreshika is really good! It's a shame the IP is pretty obscure, since the original game was Japan-only and there's no fan translation for it.

Yes. The gameplay is more like monhunt now, it's really make you feel like poor version of SSD. Combat is also improved especially QTE in boss fight

Vita does not have L2, R2 or L3, R3.

How long until they go on sale? Im getting one and turning it into a ps1 emulation machine.

I picked up the PS3 version of F1 first on a whim last black friday at gamestop after passing it up for years for being weebshit

The games are actually really fun
sometimes you weebs are alright

never.

they are literally getting more expensive.

you can still order them relatively cheap and brand new from Japanese sellers on Amazon.

It's a shame there's no HoMM 3 but oh well

Attached: 02-24-005250.png (960x544, 739K)

Can you fix that by using the back touchpad?

anyone?

also don't worry about the OLED meme. the newer screens have hidden firmware options that increase their colourspace. just get one of the newer slims.

>Be Nintendo
>Make console that doesn't try and punch above its weight with 1 analog stick that allows for people to attempt terribly controlled games
>Have games made for it that properly take use of what's there, besides the obligatory big franchise demake thats trash

I don't think Vita is sold in the west anymore.

yeah but obviously a touchpad is not ideal. there are physical aftermarket button-cases that interface with the touchpad, some anons here swear they are great but it looks kinda bulky and overpriced to me.

there are at least 4 inputs on the back and 4 on the touch screen, not counting gestures and swipes on either.

generally i use bottom left and right of touchscreen for l3 and r3 and backpad for r2 l2

>the newer screens have hidden firmware options that increase their colourspace.
What? What plugin?

my vita used to be 3.60 but i updated to enso 3.65, I have no issues with it with the way I've been using it though

You'll have to try your luck at gamestop.

inb>gamestop

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread, so does this work on any firmware?

It behaves real weird with PSTV and whitelist shit in my experience, too. Like, the emulated touchpad works in pretty much everything...except when it inexplicably doesn't pull up the emulation prompt at all (Axiom verge), whereas l2/r2 on DS3 are usually not detected...except in certain games (Va-11 hall-a) where L1L1 doesn't work, and it instead detects l2/r2 as those inputs instead.

I don't get it.

give it to me straight, bros. does OLED age like shit? should i get a slim?

proof of concept was announced. tools haven't been released yet. they will be in march.

slim is better in every way, from battery life to feel and look. you can also get much better colors by changing a few values in the firmware.

Adrenaline run any PSP flawlessly. If you encounter problem in the game it's probably because something wrong with your rom

Download new rom from somewhere else and try again

any firmware up to 3.68 is hackable, despite what the article says
3.69 and 3.70 will get an exploit sometime later
the best firmware to have is 3.60 or 3.65 but there is homebrew software that allow you to downgrade to those firmwares

>reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/90dlm9/improve_color_saturation_on_your_hacked_vita/

yeah plebbit I know

Yeah, just looked it up, AC PSP has a hang up for whatever reason on adrenaline after a certain mission. Oh well.

OLED gets shit on but I never actually saw a case of a Vita going yellow. yet. it is inevitable, but by the time it happens you probably won't care anymore.

still, I got the slim because it is aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: IMGP8462_web.jpg (1500x1000, 243K)

Why don't you want to support the creators of the games you like?

That's fantastic. Thanks mate, this shit should be pinned to the top of every Vita guide out there

Because I like being a NEET but I also like playing video games too and so I became a pirate.

I bought Muramasa (limited edition) and Dragon's Crown with the art book.

OLED replacements go for like $20 or something is the vita just difficult to replace parts for?

Do i have to get H-encore 2.0 to use the new version of adrenaline?

any other boomer ass niggers here looking to play Romero's "Sigil" expansion for DOOM on the Vita?

Okay I'm going to lay it out for you.

OLED burning is a meme for the Vita. I've had it for years and played on Max brightness with no burn in. My secret? I just turn the screen off for a few seconds at a time to go to the washroom or do anything. You're not supposed to play it on max brightness for like 8 hours at a time

Because Im emulating 10+ year old games?

>get pointed to the place with exactly what he asks for
>FUCK YOU
I hope we all learned today why spoonfeeding is wrong

The phat one I have has a bit of it if the screen is black like on a loading screen, but theres nothing wrong with regular display.
I can look at Saber's fine ass kill fuckers all day long with no issue.

>he didn't get the white vita with the white screen border
OH NO NO NO NO NO

I was able to complete both AC PSP games just fine so I have no idea what you're talking about

>$20 for an OLED screen
that's insanely cheap

also no, vita is pretty easy to fix. I replaced the motherboard and both analog sticks on mine.

It doesn't matter now. The Vita had a long life and it is over now with production being discontinued for Japan. I'll still buy Romancing SaGa 3 to support my boy Kawazu though.

get the slim m8
OLED Vita and IPS 3DS retards are the worst

I'm not surprised you haven't heard of that feature, Sony sucked a bag of dicks with marketing the Vita.

Oh fuck, I gess I gotta dig up my pstv I got for 20$

>For all practical purposes, hacking ARM kernel is enough to jailbreak the system, run homebrew and mods, and (unfortunately) pirate games
>(unfortunately) pirate games

Attached: jjjnkjnknkjkjn.png (241x209, 3K)

I can't believe you faggots have not mentioned Soul Sacrifice yet. If you are going to hack this thing, this is one of the games you need to play.

Attached: soul_sacrifice_delta_art_5.jpg (1680x779, 350K)

link? I can't find this article

wololo.net/2019/02/24/ps-vita-a-6-year-hacking-journey-comes-to-an-end-as-the-very-last-layer-of-the-vita-crypto-security-is-defeated/

Who even wants to hack that piece of shit?

Made me laugh but to be reql the vita has a marginal amout of games

Maybe there will be a 3rd party memory card or SD Card solution that doesn't require hacking now.

One can only hope

It's been out for a while yo. There is the SD2VITA which plugs into the gamecard slot OR there is PSVSD which replaces the 3G modem on Vitas that have it.

you're full of shit. Not even phones can do this and they're many times more powerful..

I always want to reply SS but then remember how sad and depressing it is and skip to avoid falling into depression.

>3rd party memory card
There is, SD2Vita, costs about $5, it's a card you insert in the gameslot and you can put microSDs in it.
You just need to hack the Vita and do some tinkering to set it all up to load the system and such from the microSD.

Attached: 5416246521941.gif (615x413, 1.97M)